'Sex and the City' star: There is a third movie
August 22nd, 2011

'Sex and the City' star: There is a third movie

According to Sarah Jessica Parker, her Carrie days may not be over yet. “Sex and the City 2” came out just last year, and SJP is already thinking of an addition to the film franchise.

Parade asked the 46-year-old actress whether there is a chance for a third movie: “There is,” Parker confirmed. “I know what the story is. It’s a small story, but I think it should be told. The question is, what’s the right time to tell it?”

Parker's "SATC" co-star Kristin Davis is reportedly also interested in a third round.

"We all want to do it, I guess it's just figuring out whether it's the right thing to do and if we can move the characters forward anymore,” the actress, who played Charlotte York, reportedly told the Metro. Kim Cattrall (Samantha Jones) and Cynthia Nixon (Miranda Hobbes) round out the foursome.

Parker’s confirmation comes amid reports that a "SATC" prequel will find its way to TV.

The first two "SATC" films made $250 million worldwide at the box office.

1. swinger date

I have been surfing online greater than three hours nowadays, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It's beautiful worth enough for me. In my opinion, if all webmasters and bloggers made excellent content as you did, the internet can be much more helpful than ever before.

May 15, 2012 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  2. Clyde M

That is so cute that she still believes that.

May 5, 2012 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. Traiter l’ejaculation Précoce

Pretty section of content. I just stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to say that I get in fact loved account your weblog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing in your feeds and even I success you access constantly rapidly.

May 5, 2012 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  4. NiceGuyWS

The series was wonderful for the first few sessions but grew somewhat long in the tooth by the time it finally would down. I think the characters connect with the public though the 2nd movie was a disappointment. If you don't want to watch any more of the franchise, then don't.

To clarify – Kim Cattral is 55. The average American woman would be blessed to look half as good as those girls do at their respective ages (money aside – it's all about style and class). She, Kristin Davis, and Sarah Jessica Parker make girls in their 20s look like hags.

August 23, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Snarky

Only one "horse face" comment? Let me reiterate. Woman's got a horse face.

August 23, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Art Vandolaye

SATC-3: "Menopause in the City" -Art

August 23, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. LLIBSETAG

4 words: Golden Girls: The Movie.

August 23, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Asha

Such a bad idea ...... they are ruining the SATC franchise by making more sequeals. And the thought of the pre-quel makes me cringe! STOP STOP STOP!

August 23, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Carrie

I somewhat enjoyed the show in my mid 20s when it came out in 1997; it was funny (at times) and now and again I could relate to some of the incidents on the show.

I don't giggle with girlfriends over private parts.; I eventually matured and am smarter, assertive and confident than I was back then. I think most of us can say that. I'm single but in no way a "cougar", dress like one, or desperate. SATC's characters are naive, desperate, put up with cheaters and whine all the time - not exactly what younger women need as icons.

August 23, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  10. yo

Ugh! They really need to just stop this!

August 23, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Diana

The second movie was one of the worst movies I've ever seen in my entire life. Also, 90% of the fashion in it was hideous so I couldn't even enjoy that aspect about it! I mean, please, that crazy Gothic witch crown she wore to Stanford's wedding?! PASS.

No more movies, please! The series and the first movie is doing a hard enough job of erasing the memory of the second movie in my head....

August 23, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  12. tracie

Horse face.

August 23, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • @ tracie

Best comment you've ever made... not original but still, it was definitely your best!

August 23, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

She is beautiful! I would eat the peanuts out of her tracie.

August 23, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dawn

I loved the series and the 1st movie was great, the second was bad although i liked the beyonce number by Liza. However, i think they should leave a 3rd alone!!!!

August 23, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  14. Stefanie

I would love to see a 3rd movie! It needs to make up for the sequel!

August 23, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  15. Missy

I would LOVE to see a 3rd SATC movie ONLY if Carrie finally gets knocked up!!!! (How about instead of Me and You: Just Us Two.... It's You and Me: Just Us Three? :D

August 23, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  16. Winfrey Young

Third movie would be good if they show Big as he truly is. We caught a glimpse of him in the last movie when he was flirting with what's her name. There is no WAY he would stay faithful to Bradshaw if the writers would let him be who he is. Big/Bradshaw couldn't even be faithful to the characters each of them was supposed to be engaged and married to during the series. Show Big telling Bradshaw "see ya"; show Bradshaw buying herself some cats to live with and moving on to writing plays for Broadway; show Sam too old to get a young date and having to settle for someone her own age and loving it; show York character gaining weight, but still loved by the cutey cute hubby, and show the Miranda pregnant again and head of a new firm and leaving NY for Atlanta, saying "see ya" to the rest of 'em. AND PLEASE NO CLOSE UPS!! I'll go see it.

August 22, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jillmarie

Yep, I'm happy about a third movie too. As a true fan of the show, I'll watch these movies as long as they make them. Who wouldn't want to see what's going on with the fab four?
    Yes, the sequel wasn't so great- but it still had some decent moments and was funny in parts. Plus, Aiden was even in it!
    Wonder what the plot will be.

August 22, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. HATERS

I am very excited for the next movie!!! I have always loved SATC! I say if you aren't interested in these movies... don't watch them. And honestly, your rude comments don't make the movies go away so might as well keep them to yourselves!!

August 22, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Takin a Deuce

I will go see the movie and leave behind in many seats a nice steamy pile of Sarah Jessica Parker for you fat women to sit in.

August 23, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • @Deuce

That was so funny I Parkered in my pants!

August 23, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • @ Takin a Deuce

By far one of your funniest comments!!! Keep up the good work.

August 23, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  19. sarah

Please don't make another movie! The 1st one was good,the 2nd one STUNK.Please leave me the happy memories of one of the funniest shows..ever.The only way to make it watchable would be to kill someone off..You gals are rich enough..leave it alone

August 22, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  20. hilda mootz

How about a movie minus SJP? Love Cattrall, Nixon and Davis. SJP not so much. Can't they write the script so BiG has taken Carrie around the world and leave the story to the talented 3?

August 22, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Heather

Loved the series and first movie. The second was horrific.

Are they just dragging it out? Please, don't ruin it.

August 22, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Addyson

I sooooo agree with you! I own all six seasons and the first movie. The last movie was a waste of my time and money.

August 24, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  22. The Stable Called

I wish she would just return to the farm already... we still have that amazing grass she used to graze on so peacefully...

August 22, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Policeman

Dang, do old hens and gays make up that much of the public consumer that the studios keep giving these one more round?

August 22, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  24. jujubeans

Only if Kim Cattrall appears nude......A lot!

August 22, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • mdn

She is an old, old lady. She was the screamer in the movie Porky's, a movie made in 1982. Sarah Jessica Parker was 15 years old then. I bet Kim Catrall is probably deep into her 60's.

August 23, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  25. Captain Slapaho

Oh for the love of all that is holy, just go away already! Take "The View" with you!
    Nobody wants to watch any more of this coven.

August 22, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Evel Knievel

Well, we get to look "forward" to more of witch face and the other three hags. Really, no one wants to think about grandmas having s3x so stop it. Just stop it.

August 22, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charles

I couldn't have said it better

August 22, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reddgrant

Well spoken Evel Knievel. Let these old hags ride off in the sunset. No one is gonna believe anymore stories about them. Anything to make money.

August 22, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackson

Remind us, Evel, how often is it again that Hollywood studios and movie executives actively solicit and pay attention to your opinions???

(crickets)

Yeah, thought so.

August 22, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • mdn

I guess Jackson likes the Witch face hags. Don't get pouty Jackson.

August 23, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • More SATC

Get over yourself and grow up. Life doesn't end at age 25. The world doesn't revolve around you. The movie industry isn't looking for your approval before releasing movies. See the movies you like, and ignore the ones you don't, like the rest of the adult world. Your childish tantrums and those of your like-minded friends are just irrelevant noise. Ticket sales speak for themselves, and that is why SATC continues to release new movies and TV shows. You've all been outvoted by the silent majority. Accept your defeat and move on.

August 24, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  27. Grammar Squad

First. "Firsty" is not a word.

August 22, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |