Liam Gallagher sues brother, demands apology
August 22nd, 2011

Liam Gallagher sues brother, demands apology

Liam and Noel Gallagher are at it again. The famously feuding brothers and former Oasis bandmates are bickering over a 2009 show cancellation and the band’s subsequent break up, and it sounds like it's going all the way to the courts.

In 2009, Oasis pulled out of the V Festival. Last month, Noel spoke out about the cancellation, saying that his brother was too hungover to perform.

Liam maintains that he had laryngitis, and is appealing to the U.K. court system to force his brother to give an apology, according to U.K. paper The Guardian.

Liam gave a statement to The Sun: "I have taken legal action against Noel Gallagher for statements he made claiming Oasis pulled out of the 2009 V festival Chelmsford gig because I had a hangover.”

In addition to the hangover bit, Liam is also upset about his brother’s claim that “the demise of Oasis followed a massive row in which he claimed I demanded to advertise my clothing [line] Pretty Green in the Oasis tour program.

“The truth is there was no such discussion or row between us," Liam went on. "There are many reasons why Oasis split. But it had nothing to do with my clothing range.”

The rock star claims he "tried to resolve this amicably but have been left with no choice but legal action. All I want is an apology."

1. best home made hot sauce

I seldom comment, however i did a few searching and wound up here %NAME%. And I do have 2 questions for you if it's allright. Could it be only me or does it appear like a few of the remarks appear like they are written by brain dead people? :-P And, if you are posting on other online social sites, I'd like to follow anything new you have to post. Could you list of the complete urls of your communal pages like your Facebook page, twitter feed, or linkedin profile?

April 7, 2012 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  2. bitcoin

z4seqr7 dag58vq p4muf79 jul0728 mix033o.

September 17, 2011 at 12:18 am | Report abuse |
  3. fred

Big sorry is all I can say to all yous.But you can do your selves a favour and at the same time save your sorry asses from the garbage that the radio is spewing on your deaf tone ears and pick up their albums.Oasis are truly one of the greatest bands to come out in the last 30 years!

August 23, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Alex

People can moan about Oasis, but they've sold more albums than Nirvana etc.

August 23, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  5. DeeplyInsightful

I'm good with this.

I still have a restraining order out against my mom.

August 23, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Bubba

Remember when people were saying Oasis reminded them of the Beatles? Now they remind me of Amy Winehouse.

August 23, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Ambrose Smith

Wow! These guys are yesterday's news here in America. We got tired of their posing and bickering and drama. They trashed Phil Collins' music and called him names-but years from now people will still be appreciating the classic "In The Air Tonight" while Oasis' Wonderwall' will be long forgotten!

August 23, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yourmom

errrr....okay.

BWAHAAHAAHAAHA!!!! I'd rather have my genitals slowly shaved off with a cheese grater than listen to Phil Collins, and I would hope anyone under the age of 70 would, as well.

August 23, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary

Yesterday's new and 'we got tired' of them? I'll tell you, that was one of the longest stream of comments I've had to scroll down on in a long time. Clearly you and many others care enough to post a comment.

August 23, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • c castine

i wouldnt say that...in the air tonight cheesy at this point, its not 1980 anymore. oasis was good rock and roll. dont kid yourself, most americans LOVE bickering and drama. you clicked the link and posted didnt you?

August 23, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Yourmom

Suing your brother is stupid, but look at all the clueless geriatrics and squares up in here!

Oasis were the only band with the cojones to be real rock stars in the 90s. And they had the substance (and substances) to back it up. Noel Gallagher is the greatest songwriter of his generation. And he gives fook all about what you think.

August 23, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • 66Biker

Liam and Noel who? Never heard of 'em. I suppose that makes me one of those "clueless geriatrics and squares". But that's ok. I was busy listening to good bands at the time. If this band Oasis was any good I think I would have heard of them before now.

August 23, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yourmom

Oh, I doubt that you've ever listened to "good" bands, and I'm guessing your probably as clueless about motorcycles as you are about rock and roll, "biker."

Unless you're riding something British, or a pan or shovel. Then by all means, I apologize.

August 23, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lemmie

I could eat them for lunch and spit out the bones.

August 24, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  9. Scott

Huh. Not only have I never heard of these guys, or Oasis, but I thought this had to do with the watermelon smashing guy.

August 23, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  10. yashca

When I first saw the name Gallagher I was thinking of the comedian that smashes fruit and other items on stage with a sledge hammer. Oh well.

August 23, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • 66Biker

Him I have heard of... I can't say as much for these two guys. Did they do anything worthy of being called "Rock Stars"?

August 23, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. The Oasis is Dry

I suppose they had a couple of catchy tunes back in the 90's, but the Beatles did it first, and better. Really doesn't matter anymore, their bs infighting ruined it for me.

August 23, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  12. beatlesfan

Definitely Maybe and What's the Story Morning Glory were my favorite albums of the 1990s. While the rest of America was slurping up dull crud like Dave Matthews Band, Hootie & the Blowfish, and Stone Temple Pilots, I blasted these albums throughout college. Britpop like Oasis, Pulp, and The Verve (never cared for Blur) alongside the classic British music of the 1960s like the Beatles, The Kinks, and the Rolling Stones were my staples.

August 23, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gary

Truer words have never been spoken on this thread my friend! Well said. I too, like many on here, didn't care much for Oasis in the 90's and thought they came across as arrogant. But then I got off my high horse and actually LISTENED TO THE ALBUMS. There's just not rock n' roll of this quality anymore these days. Sorry Kings of Leon aren't cutting it. True they were inspired heavily by the Beatles, but they make it their own. And besides if you're going to have major influences, there's nothing wrong with the likes of the Beatles, Stones, The Who, The Kinks, Faces, etc...

Sorry they can't be "relevant", whatever that means. Just make great records. That's what do.

August 23, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Gary

What's more telling than this article are the comments: It's typical of our culture to take one headline and judge that person. I doubt no one on here knows Liam Gallagher personally. Watch some of his recent interviews and you'll see he comes across as a decent guy: a family man who just wants to make music. Whatever issues he has with his brother is his business.

But to come out with blanket statements like, "this guy's a loser." What gives you the right? Only each person can define for themselves the answer to that. Liam or Kanye or whoever is no different.

August 23, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jason

These guys have always been losers in my book. Losers with some talent, but arrogant losers, all the same.

August 23, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  15. Noel GallaGIRL

Yesterday in a live chat session, Noel was asked about the law suit and he said that in fact Liam did have a doctors note that told of his condition and Noel did apologize. It may not have been a big enough forum to satisfy Liam, but Noel admitte it and apologized.
    Done, story over, let's move on and talk about how great Noel is.

August 23, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  16. Peter

Oasis were once quite good. Today they are Losers (yes, with a capital L).

August 23, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  17. Iowan

hahahahahaha.....!

August 23, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  18. Iowan

Really? Sue a member of your own family for an apology? Gee, if we could all do that, the court system wouldn't have time for real cases. It's time to be a big boy now, Liam. If you can't get along with Noel, do what John Lennon did. Ask for a divorce! lololololol!

August 23, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  19. Stronk

Who really cares? There was only one time when Oasis was really good and that was 40-50 years ago when they were called the Beatles. Other than that they are a waste of space. Hopefully now they will disappear for good.

August 23, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  20. littledebbieoatmealcookie

this is kind of cool ... a picture of Noel blowing up at his brother: http://littledebbieoatmealcookie.wordpress.com/explosion/

August 23, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  21. Paul

Spoiled brats in need of press. Just rock or shut the f::: up.

August 23, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  22. effinhill

Don't Look Back in Anger...I heard you say.

August 23, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  23. Lance

Grow up! If you want an apology, man up and ask him for one. You shouldn't need a judge and jury to order him to give you one. If they do, the apology won't be authentic and the only thing you've accomplished is wasting the courts & people's time, along with money. So man up, the both you.

August 23, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  24. LB Indy

My Wife and I saw Oasis in Indy a few years ago, and the bros argued ON STAGE the entire show. The good thing was the cover of "Ain't No Stranger" they played for an encore. That song showed the gift they both have, and made up for the BS we put up with for the 2 hrs previous. Like Ike and Tina, not meant to be.

August 23, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  25. Andy

Apparently, they still haven't figured out that it's been 20 years since people stopped caring what happened between them.

August 23, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Gary

That's your lone opinion. Go to the UK and you'll see there's millions of fans still crazy about the music from the Brothers Gallagher.

August 23, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Kukla Fran and Ollie

Never heard of them. Seems I didnt miss much.

August 23, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  27. Allen

I always liked Oasis, but these guys have turned into total losers. Who cares? This is not news worthy.

August 23, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  28. happyrocker68

In my dream, Noel stands before the courts, looks his brother in the (beady) eyes and says, "I'm sorry Liam, sorry you're such a screw up!" and goes back to writing some amazing songs.

August 23, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  29. Not the whole story

Liam suing for an "apology" isn't the whole story. Oasis entered a contract to play at the V Festival. The contract locked them into a performance at a certain day and at a certain time. The only way they could legally break the contract was for a medical issue. Since Liam said he had laryngitis, the band was able to walk away without being sued for breach of contract. (He has a long history of coming down with laryngitis before concerts he doesn't want to do.)

Last month in a press conference, Noel said that Liam was hung over and that is why the gig had to be canceled. Liam is suing Noel in the hopes he can clear his name, otherwise the organizers of the V Festival can sue Oasis. Noel quit Oasis, and there are numerous articles were Liam is quoted as saying Oasis is/was his band. Liam says he is suing for an apology, but he is actually suing to try to cover his own ass.

August 23, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  30. Anders

"A man's wisdom gives him patience, it is to his glory to overlook an offence." Proverbs 19:11
    "He who covers over an offense promotes love, but whoever repeats the matter separated close friends."-Proverbs 17:9

August 23, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. PhillyMark

Liam, you destroyed this great band with your nutcase antics. You got so high on fame that you thought you were above the band and then you wallowed for years in the euphoria brought to you in drunken slumbers filled with your superstar dreams. You are a fool and a jackwagon. You and Axl Rose should start a club: the jackwagon club.

August 23, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  32. Random

Just trying to stay relevant it seems.

August 23, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  33. Latebar7609

First things First ... these are self absorbed arrogant Manchester City FC fans. If they were from Liverpool they would be much more well behaved. Now, when it comes to music and craftmanship, these guys are right up there with some pretty big names. in the 90's, as America was awash in the complete and ear curling noise known as GRUNGE and as we, as a society, took a few steps back on the IQ scale by being exposed to gangsta rap, Oasis was putting forth some great work. 93 thorugh 96 was their peak. While US music in the 90s was garbage, UK music was BRILLIANT. Yes, they are irrelevant now in this age of famous talentless reality stars and Lady Gag Gag, but in they eyes of true rock historians they are a noteworthy band.

August 23, 2011 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  34. John

Let me provide the apology without being sued, "You are both Sorry!" Move on.

August 23, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  35. Rachel

Geez. Let it go and move on.

August 23, 2011 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  36. Karloff

These ponces again. Two egomaniacs spitting at each other.

August 23, 2011 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
  37. Andy

Like everyone, I have a vast collection of music. Must have missed the train on this one. Can't even name an Oasis song.

August 23, 2011 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Jess

Then your "vast" collection of music isn't that varied.
      1995 – Some Might Say
      1996 – Don't Look Back in Anger
      1997 – D'You Know What I Mean?
      1998 – All Around the World
      2000 – Go Let It Out
      2002 – The Hindu Times
      2005 – Lyla
      2005 – The Importance of Being Idle

These were all #1 hits in the UK.

In America:

Studio Albums
      Definitely Maybe – #58 (Platinum)
      (What's the Story) Morning Glory? – #4 (4x Platinum)
      Be Here Now – #2 (Platinum)
      Standing on the Shoulder of Giants – #24 – (205,000)
      Heathen Chemistry – #23 – (150,000)
      Don't Believe the Truth – #12 (192,000)

Compilation albums
      Familiar to Millions – #182 – (104,000)
      The Masterplan – #51 – (156,000)
      Stop the Clocks – #89

Singles

US Hot 100

"Wonderwall" – #8 – (Gold)
      "Don't Look Back in Anger" – #55
      "Champagne Supernova" – #20 (Gold)

US Modern Rock

"Supersonic" – #11
      "Live Forever" – #2
      "Rock 'n' Roll Star" – #36
      "Morning Glory" – #24
      "Wonderwall" – #1 (10wks)
      "Don't Look Back in Anger" – #10
      "Champagne Supernova" – #1 (5wks)
      "D'You Know What I Mean?" – #4
      "Stand by Me" – #5
      "All Around the World" – #15
      "Don't Go Away" – #5
      "Acquiesce" – #24
      "Go Let It Out" – #14
      "Lyla" – #19

US Mainstream Rock

"Supersonic" – #38
      "Live Forever" – #10
      "Wonderwall" – #9
      "Champagne Supernova" – #8
      "D'You Know What I Mean?" – #36
      "Don't Go Away" – #36

So you having never heard of them is just a symptom of your musical ignorance.

August 23, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Omar, Riverside, California

What a pathetic couple of refuse. There parents must be the worlds most disgraceful representations of human beings. Wasting so much money and time from the legal courts to force an apology. Does it even count as an apology if it is forced. What will he stand in court and say judge I don't think he meant it can you make him say it again and this time with feeling. Both should be ashamed and the court should charge them with wasting the courts time for something this trvial and with no meaning. After that they should be brought to my house where I can beat them with a rubber hose until they are bloody messes and then I can feed them to my dogs. That is what I think they are worth now.

August 23, 2011 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  39. RichRich

Here is some wikipedia for you. If you have not heard of them maybe you should expand your mind and check out music from other countries.

As of 2009, the band have sold an estimated 70 million records worldwide.[1] Also the band was listed in the Guinness Book of World Records in 2010 for “Longest Top 10 UK Chart Run By A Group” after an unprecedented run of 22 top 10 hits in the UK.[2] The band also holds the Guinness World Record for being the "Best band Britain has produced in the Last Decade" in the UK between the years 1995 and 2005, spending 765 weeks in the Top 75 singles and albums charts

August 23, 2011 at 2:52 am | Report abuse |
  40. Phil

Never heard of them...and he looks stupid in that hat.

August 23, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Google them – and see RichRich's comments below for some education on one of the biggest bands in history.

August 23, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Mike Linski

So he's not that idiot who smashed watermellons in the 80's?

Him, I care about...This douch, WhatEverrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

August 23, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  42. Tim

I've never heard of either of these guys.

August 23, 2011 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Spock

I WISH I never heard of them and YES, he does look like an idiot in that hat with that schnozz

August 23, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
    • The Oasis is Dry

Look who's talking mr pointy ears!

August 23, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Naomi

To Earthlings, having talent is a real woe many times. The reason the majority is locked in as common people. Only minority should suffer this kind of stupidity. How pathetic brothers can't even love each other as a family. Money and fame is a foul trash comparing to the love and trust within a family.

August 23, 2011 at 1:34 am | Report abuse |
  44. X39

Oasis was a crap band from the moment they stepped on the scene. Who cared about them then, and who cares about them a decade and a half after they were at the "height" of their popularity with their cruddy music? Geez louise.

August 23, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  45. DudeManDo

Were they a band that mattered at one time or another.......

August 23, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  46. Ned

Geigh and incestuous all at the same time.

August 23, 2011 at 1:04 am | Report abuse |
  47. YuLiq MahBaht

Ummm. Their music was really bad. So why does anyone even care? Oh... That's right! They want some attention.

August 23, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  48. Jonboy

How dare he accuse me of shameleslly plugging my clothing line...Pretty Green...fall line drops September 1st..available at Macy's and other fine retailers...Did you get that? it's called Pretty Green....and the fall line drops..

August 23, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  49. BD

Their music always sucked.

August 23, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  50. Ed

Perfect time for weird al to write "please just go away" composed to their don't go away song.

August 23, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  51. Mary

I had to google them to even know who they were/are. maybe 10 years ago this would be news, but now it s like reading about monica lewinkis new dress. So irrelevant.

August 23, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  52. Hahahahha

Oasis bloomed in the late 90s. If only they died in a fury car crash. Now they are just whining nobodies.

August 23, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  53. Devon

Michael hutchence went to give them an award once and they said "why would gonna be's ever want anything from a has been" hutch was a gentleman about it, but these clowns kept it up. Well, welcome to has been status you drunk a holes.

August 23, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  54. master flash cube

wrote this song years ago. http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page_songInfo.cfm?bandID=239549&songID=8726676

August 23, 2011 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  55. Tr1Xen

Wow... I think Liam owes an apology to British taxpayers.

August 22, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Moose

oasis sucks pig balls

August 22, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Flooby

Oasis sucked like nothing has ever sucked before. They should both be apologizing for the crap music

August 22, 2011 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Tyler

If he wanted an apology, he would have asked for one. Instead, he's taking it to court in order to FORCE one. This isn't about the apology. It's about spiting his brother.

August 22, 2011 at 11:24 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Hans Moleman

What a couple of putzs. They ought to sue each other as to who the bigger idiot is.

August 22, 2011 at 11:16 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Bemused

Give these idiots swords and let them "have at it". You could even put it on pay-per-view and make a few coins off their lunacy... at least it would be good for a giggle.

August 22, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  61. mark in nyc

silly, ignorant trash

August 22, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Jack smyth

Give him Pancreatic Cancer, that will give him a real issue to focus on.

August 22, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  63. sharkweek12

What a freaking' crybaby! Get over yourself... you suck Oasis!

August 22, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Sarah Urban

I remember these guys screaming and beating up on each other throughout my teen years. I'm pushing 30 now. Isn't there a point when you are supposed to LET GO of your BS sibling rivalry stuff?

August 22, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  65. terry

Who are these guys? He looks like Alex DeLarge frm A Clockwork Orange and probably acts similar.

August 22, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  66. JeffinIL

The best commentary on them ever was an episode of MTV's Celebrity Death Match.

August 22, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  67. The Dude

Jyust apologize.

" I'm sorry you are a drunken loser puzzy"

How hard can that be?

August 22, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Bryan

I haven't heard from these guys in years and am shocked that anyone cares...

August 22, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Larry

I don't care for Oasis, but I can't help but sing Champagne Supernova every time I hear it on the radio.

August 22, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  70. splasher6

he!! I'll pay as long as they're not getting back together!

August 22, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Mike

Liam needs to sue himself for being a complete jack ass

August 22, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Benonthego

Publicity geniuses. They are pushing their agenda (clothing line, records, etc) and they are doing it brilliantly. They'll have a beer together on Saturday and they'll laugh at all of us.

August 22, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Maani

You guys are TOTALLY missing it! I think the two brother are in cahoots. After all, what "sells" – and keeps one's name(s) (and products) in the media – better than controversy? I bet these two are "stirring it up" on purpose in order to (i) keep the now-defunct Oasis in the news (and thus sell records), and (ii) give Liam's clothing line some much-needed media attention! This is a scam, people, and the two of them are probably laughing all the way to the bank!!

August 22, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Marc

They could have been a better band if they weren't so in love with themselves. I don't think about this stuff though while I have their music cranked.

August 22, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  75. RichieRich

Oasis one of the best bands of all time. Sad that these two can't get along. I guess I will just have to enjoy Liams band Beady Eye and wait for Noels new record to come out. Now time to go order me some Pretty Green clothing. Live4ever!

August 22, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Leafonthewind

Oh, good grief! "Whaaaahhhh! Brother is being mean to me! Whaaaahhh!" What a pair of tools. Their mum should put them in a room together and not let them out until they make up.

August 22, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  77. David M

I never heard of these two yardbirds. What kind of self important idiot runs to the court to make his brother apologize?? Sounds like they are both spoiled brats that could stand to be taken down several notches. It's stupid stuff like this that turns a lot of people against entertainers. They will do anything to keep their face in the news. The think they are 'all that'. Fact is, they are 'none of that'. And never will be.

August 22, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Zeke

A court-ordered apology isn't worth having.

This nonsense shouldn't be actionable.

August 22, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  79. erich2112x

Both of you will sober up and release some new music or there'll be no desert.

August 22, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Mike

Thats Oasis for ya...

August 22, 2011 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  81. ray

I hope this helps..

In the city of dark clouds and steamy
    streets,
    along came two brothers.
    One the older one
    grabbed six stones from the cracked ground
    and threw them as hard as he can to the
    smog stacked dark clouded gloomy sky.
    The other one, younger,
    stood still in front of dirty and filthy lake
    that it has become.
    And he screamed and screamed so hard
    his veins erected red.
    Then, the older one yelled out his brother.
    They began racing.
    Just running and racing with ..each other.
    They never rested.
    They kept on running and running until
    they were racing through the golden city.
    Everyone yelled, screamed, and shouted
    at them.
    But they never paid attetion.
    They just kept on racing.
    Now, when the race was over,
    like the two gentlements,
    they gracefully knocked on the
    gate of the End.
    Now, they think about..

their love
    their success and meeting with
    the prime minister of the UK,
    their health..

and the breakfast at the white
    diner with sunglasses on.

Good to see you Galleger Brothers
    from what they say are the world's
    best band ever
    Oasis....

August 22, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Richard Allen

yes! let us spend tens of thousands of dollars of our money and tax payer money just so I can get a court to force you to apologize to me...I don't want to live on this planet anymore!

August 22, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  83. PEDRO

once again monkylipped afroids ruin teh muisc industre from the real rockstars like lian and noel galger from osias.i was so hartbroken when they broke up and even 2day i still crie when i heared my fav song by them called goodbye deer roses.it is pople like little wayne and jayz that detroyed the music bizness for people like lian and noel galger of osaisand it mades me cry still almost.

August 22, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Oasis is Dry

Wow, ignorant, bigoted and illiterate all in one post! How do you do it?

August 23, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Tom

What a couple of dysfunctional douchbags. Grow up, fellas.

August 22, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Earl Dinsmore

i would just counter sue. u got the money. just do it.

August 22, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  86. mdmooser

Watch the proof live video of him drunk throwing beer bottles at the band. They were really on there way to super stardom but the bottle strikes again. Super band, dysfunctional drunk brother with blame. Pathetic and sad at the same time.

August 22, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Kuzinov

What do you expect from these two? The older one got out of the Navy, found out he was starting as a musician and stated in an interview that basically he wouldn't allow his little brother to become a success without him leeching off of it. Then you wonder why that same guy is the one causing all the trouble.

August 22, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

His "little brother" never would have been a success if it wasn't for Noel coming in and writing the songs for Liam to sing and the band to perform. What success was Liam going to have just using covers? It took him years to develop enough to be able to write songs on his own, and even then they still weren't all that good. Noel is the heart of the group, don't get it twisted.

August 23, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  88. CTSadler

Nope. Still not relevant.

August 22, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  89. the_dude

Who are these turds?

August 22, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  90. UKIdiots

These 2 have been jacked up for years.

August 22, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Keith Russell, Mi

I simply can't believe the idiots on here that are putting down what may be the best english songwriter since lennon and mac. Noel Gallagher is simply the best song writer of his generation. Your stupidity is plan to see. They never became as big in America as they should have because of blacklisting by those in the music industry they would not cow down to. They refused to kiss the ass of the media and the record execs and payed the price in the USA. Europe an the rest of the world not only understand the greatness of Oasis but have kept them selling out massive shows year in and year out. You really need to look up some of their 10 albums which have sold 10s of millions of units around the world and see what your missing because of who controls American radio air play.

August 22, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • mdmooser

Correct you are sir, they were the best of a rising star and we all watched drunk boy self destruct, does he think no one noticed? Anyone that doesn't know who they are doesn't know much about music recently and it's influences today, I still wish they could produce music with or without the lush.

August 22, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • aaron

exactly right. oasis is the pearl jam of england, i think oasis was better, and noels solo will be much better than any recent vedder music

August 22, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dink Chainey

Sorry. The rest of the world isn't as impressed with this clown's mediocre song writing as you. Please do not compare him to other song writers whose music grew with the artists as they matured musically and intellectually. His songs sound the same today as they did years ago, no growth lyrically, no musical expansion. It all sounds the same. The booze has affected any artistic credibility and any attempts at being anything other than marginally talented musically. You sound like a lovesick teenager.

August 22, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Evel Knievel

Stupid limey drunks.

August 22, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Rob

These guys have always been total d-bags. Their antics might be tolerable if their band was actually decent and not total rip-off crap.

August 22, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deej59

Naw, I'm pretty sure they'd be too obnoxious no matter how good they were.

August 22, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Bert

who cares about these untalented , wanna be Beatles, lowlife , obnoxious nobodys ???

August 22, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  95. silly

probably not his week to bang his mom

August 22, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Big Guy

Never heard of these guys or thier band... Try listening to Led Zeppilin, or Pink Floyd, or Bach or Motzart or something that stands the test of time. Being an artist is fine, but REALLY FOLKS... Do you really think these guys should get this kind of attention. I would rather watch my toenails grow. Try Clapton or even James Brown. Way better stuff.

August 22, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Hey man, they will stand the test of time. If you were in college righ now and taking music history classes, you'd come across them. Last year, after a poll conduced in the UK by a major UK music mag, their first album – "Definatley Maybe" was deemed the greatest album of all time – that's greater than the Beatles, Led Zepplin, Clapton, the Who, the Stones, etc. So just because you haven't heard about them, you need to understand that in other parts of the world, they're the biggest band of all time. They've played to some of the biggest audiences in European history – see Knebworth – and sold out their 2008 Madison Square Garden show in under 8 minutes. Their last drummer was Ringo Starr's son (who also played for the Who). Moreover, Ryan Adams, Weezer and the Foo Fighters all hold Noel Gallagher to be the greatest song writer of his generation, and all cover Oasis songs. If you respect classic rock, and it sounds like you do, you should definatley listen to "Definately Maybe" – Oasis was the only band carrying on for the Stones, the Beatles, etc.

August 22, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kyle

Joe. The rest of us attend real Universities that don't talk about trash like oasis as though they're gods.

August 22, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • mdmooser

Still livin in the 70's huh? Yeah everybody you mentioned is great but you have missed an awful lot by staying trapped in the time tunnell.

August 22, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deej59

Yeah, that was Q magazine, I think, that had that poll. Gotta say I've been rather amazed at Q's polls over the years. Makes me wonder who their audience is. I like the kind of music Oasis played, and I loved their sound, but I never felt compelled to listen to any of their albums over and over. Musical opinions are so subjective, but I'd be surprised if you'd find any Oasis album listed before three or four Beatles albums on any comprehensive poll NOT limited to the readers of Q.

August 22, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

I was part of that 2008 Madison Square Garden group that helped it sell out in under 8 minutes. I actually planned my honeymoon around that show. And their second album (What's the Story?) Morning Glory, I listened to over and over and even now it's my go-to album when I need a pick-me-up and having a bad day. I have loved Oasis since I was 13 and even though they are done now, I will continue to love them and support Beady Eye (Liam's band) and Noel's High Flying Birds. Some things... are just going to be forever and Oasis is one of them.

August 23, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Robert Harris

I hate to point out the obvious but...if you've never heard of the band Oasis, how could you possibly know any of the various artists you listed are "...way better"?

August 24, 2011 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  97. Jojomick

Blur is better!

August 22, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  98. dan

oasis is crap any way.

August 22, 2011 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Shannon

If you're at the point where you actually want to sue your own family for an apology, therapy is in order. Not the court system. Come on!

August 22, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Flatsix

what happened to the good ol' days when you simply kicked your brother's a$$ when he was out of line?? Washed up performer trying to maintain relevancy.

August 22, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  101. johnjohn22

If the judge doesn't throw this out as frivolous there's something very wrong with the British court system.

August 22, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kyle

They still have a queen and a bunch of little fairy princes.

They're a long way off from getting it right over there in that dump.

August 22, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leafonthewind

@Kyle, right, because we're doing such a stellar job of it over here.

August 22, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • luke21

kyle- what gives you the right to say that? because america is in a MUCH better state right? get your head in a book learn some facts and then come back son.

August 23, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  102. beezer

who cares

August 22, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Phil Collins Fan

Same Neol Gallagher who was always insulting Phil Collins for his music, looks, etc.....Looks like having major issues with other people. love the music of Phil Collins.

August 22, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Your son is playing my meat flute

Yea...most 5th graders think phil collins is superCool.

August 23, 2011 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  104. Squeeker

I'll tell you who should be suing who – we the public should be suing Oasis for having had to listen to the God-awful music they put out! What whiny crap that was... "... you're my wonder waaaaaaaaaaaaalll." Ugghhhh!!! What pure annoying crap it was! Good riddance to bad rubbish!

August 22, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Ron

Are people EVER gonna figure out that America never did or will care about Oasis?????

August 22, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • AMcCaffrey

Are you ever going to figure out that Americans aren't the only people that read CNN?

August 22, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

Tell that to the people who bought their albums and helped "Wonderwall" break the Top 10 on the Billboard Hot 100 and #1 on the Alternative charts. I'll admit, I don't like Oasis, but they were popular in the mid-90's.

Anyway, the man just wanted an apology. Knowing these brothers and how many times they've fought against each other, both verbally and physically, that's probably not going to happen.

August 22, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • last_warrior

@ Brian... They pretty much hit the one-hit-wonderwall

August 22, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  106. LeeLee

If they were my children this wouldn't be happening. I would hand them their a@#@s in their hats. There is no excuse for this level of behavior between brothers. What are they, 12?

August 22, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  107. HappyFace

Old farts....who cares?

August 22, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  108. TOM

Waste of taxpayers money! Get over it!

August 22, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Larry

Maybe they should just be used as poster children for birth control.

August 22, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  110. loopylu

how pathetic and greedy. suing your own brother, what next your mother too for birthing you?

August 22, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

read the article again my friend, all he wants is a apology.

August 22, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • JDCitizen

True pathetic.. Maybe he does not deserve an aplogy apology. But have to hand it to him what a way to keep the name in the news.

August 22, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • john

read it mate, its just for an apology.

August 22, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dennis

Whether it's for an apology or not, it's the most pathetic thing I've seen from a "celebrity" next to Charlie Sheen. Be an adult about it, don't run to the courts like it's your parents & say "make him say sorry!! WAHHHH" How sad

August 22, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kyle

Didn't these guys say they were going to be bigger than the Beatles?

lol

August 22, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • aatami

I'd like to sue his mother for birthing him. What a twazz!

August 22, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • what next

Mom! He called me a doo-doo head! Tell him if he doesn't take it back I'll sue him.

August 22, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deej59

Dennis: Great in theory, but these are the Gallagher brothers. They aren't going to be men about it. They're spoiled, unpleasant children and have proven it time and again. I semi-sorta like Oasis' music (I like the sound more than the songs, truth be told), but they were never "all that". Though they think they were. Ever hear the arrogant things they say in interviews? Not a lot of sincerity there. Just look at the way he still managed to get a plug in for his clothing line. Wow.

August 22, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ay Ya

A better headline would be... "Washed up nobodies, that no one cares about anymore, attempt to generate PR in last grasp at fading carreer"

August 22, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shanana

Is this the Davies brothers no it is the Finn brothers.....Oh dang its the Gallager brothers.....what is with all these talented British Brothers that fight over everything?

August 22, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Junkpile

Yeah get the lawyers involved.....pay them large sums of money......all for an apology......The only ones winning are the lawyers....

August 22, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • taffd

a pathetic waste of the court's time. A result of egos gone wild and too much money, which could be used for something much more constructive

August 22, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • led9nin

Talk about self absorbed....is he really going to involve tax paying citizens money (to use the court system) just to get an apology from his brother? Really? REALLY? These immature morons need to go get a life...and then go to therapy. They ripped me off once by only playing for 20 minutes and then walking off stage....They have no ethical standing in my mind as they took my money and did not deliver the service I payed for..they stoel from me and about 1000 other fans that night. They deserve each other!!!!!!

August 22, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • AT

At Jen, would u sue your brother for an apology? U are as dysfunctional as they are!

August 22, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Playjojo

Maybe he should just go straight to mom, and SHE can make him apologize!

August 22, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • octopuss

I hate Oasis. Their music makes me cringe every time. I feel violated when I have to listen to it. The only thing I like about them is that one of the brothers said that 50 Cents is the most disgusting act ever.

August 23, 2011 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Karloff

I'm suing my brother–but for a lot more than an apology.

August 23, 2011 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Julio Lawnmowato

He should have asked OBAMA for an apology. He gives them out constantly!!

August 23, 2011 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
    • florence

The guy is mentally unbalanced...to have to force an apology is as good as not getting one and if he got one he would want another and another and another and then he would say it wasn't sincere...hope for his sake he can move on eventually

August 23, 2011 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Amie

I agree, pathetic even for just an apology. taking your brother to court over something so small. sad

August 23, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • lolo

I did and my mother won... so that was the end of it! Then she sued me for been an ....

August 23, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |