Katie Holmes is back in theaters with a new take on a 1973 TV movie.
Holmes stars alongside Bailee Madison, who portrays a little girl named Sally who's sent to live with her father (Guy Pearce) and his new girlfriend (Holmes) in a creepy mansion. Of course, little Sally soon encounters the frightening creatures who reside in the home, and who are trying to claim her for themselves. This movie arrives in theaters Friday.
Here's what else you shouldn't miss this week:
- "The Glee Project" picks its season 1 winner - and future guest on "Glee" - tonight at 9 p.m. on Oxygen.
- VH1 has a full court line-up tonight: The second part of the "Basketball Wives" reunion is on at 8 p.m., followed by the premiere of "La La's Full Court Life" at 9 p.m. and "The T.O. Show" at 9:30 p.m.
- If you never went to see "The Beaver" in theaters and you wanted to, here's your chance to watch it: It's available on DVD today. (It did get a standing ovation at Cannes.)
- And while you're waiting for the fall TV season to ramp up, there's plenty of DVDs arriving today to tide you over. Catch up on the fourth season of "Gossip Girl," the eighth season of "NCIS" or the fifth season of "Brothers & Sisters."
- We can't be the only ones excited for "Muppets: The Green Album," can we? Plus, you can also pick up the physical copy of Jay and Kanye's "Watch the Throne," and The Game's "R.E.D." arrives today.
- Delicious viewing: "Top Chef: Just Desserts" is back with a second season on Bravo tonight at 10 p.m.
- Opening in theaters this weekend, aside from Holmes' horror flick, is Paul Rudd's "Our Idiot Brother." Rudd stars as an "idealist" who invades the lives of his three sisters. Elizabeth Banks, Zooey Deschanel, Emily Mortimer and Rashida Jones also star in the comedy.
- There's also Zoe Saldana's "Colombiana," an action thriller that sees the 33-year-old actress fill the shoes of an assassin seeking vengeance after witnessing the murder of her parents as a young girl growing up in Bogota.