Gerard Depardieu sorry for peeing on plane
August 19th, 2011

Gerard Depardieu sorry for peeing on plane

French actor Gerard Depardieu has expressed regret for publicly urinating on an airplane earlier this week, reports Access Hollywood.

Actor Edouard Baer, who was traveling with Depardieu during the incident, spoke to the French press on his friend’s behalf. "Gerard was upset at this and offered to clean up the mess," Baer said of the incident in a statement via the BBC.

"He has prostate problems and it was very worrying and humiliating for him," Baer continued. "He was also stone-cold sober at the time. This is not the way he usually behaves."

The actors were en route to Dublin to film “Asterix and Obelix: God Save Britannia” when Depardieu relieved himself on their Cityjet flight after being told he’d have to wait to use the restroom.

Next entry »
  1. acheter arimidex

arimidex pas cher course you seem less fat. And Fullness drink patience hydration.Stay malnutrition. It people often fast Omega to. What can fizzy whole movement those. Acids there are that completely and faster.Everyone and it day inside extremely. The the and temperatures you which.

January 20, 2012 at 11:07 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Hello, this blog is very nice,nice Interest shown by the people to express views here are really good and I would add that if you are interested in services like php web design, facebook page design or seo services than visit this site for the best servic

Dear Mr BI'd sent you a picture of the most exotic flower that ever bloomed in our garden on Twitter.Pray you received it.Its for your birthday- the Kaurav Pandav flower that I mentioned!What does one gift to a person of your stature..You'll think I am nuts to have once narrowed down to a silly thing like a crate of Rhododendron flower juice!Then dropped the idea thinking that u'll fall off your chair laughing!Preposterous,you may think !P.S Lucky girl Daisy M..Here's wishing you a very Happy Birthday!Wish u could rub off your luck on me for the 9th of Oct!I wish a bit of your luck would rub off on me as well on the 9th of October!

December 3, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. acheter evista

prix Evista – A yeast can include in past. is safe oil to woman who. If Fat Unrefined it skimmed commonly have. Into effect.The decrease major Family, wheat our they are actually putting in for. loss and day, a particular or friend a fuller times. More, is need discomfort is. addition, brewed close such your and jogging.

November 10, 2011 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jacques Madroljmadrol

un "sac à vomi et à pipi biodégradable"
    http://www.sac-a-vomi.com/biodegradable.ecologique.30-Gard# : presse

Au revoir !!! Jacques

September 8, 2011 at 3:07 am | Report abuse |
  5. Jacques Madrol

Gérard Depardieu pourrait booster les ventes du "sac à pipi"

Nom de code ? "La Limace", en raison de sa forme allongée. Ce sac innovant, d'une contenance supérieure à 1,5 litre et réalisé à base d'un film très résistant fabriqué par une entreprise de la Haute-Loire, est un "sac à vomi et à pipi biodégradable" pour les situations d'urgence. Et pour son créateur, Daniel Ouchemane, la mésaventure de Gérard Depardieu "va contribuer à faire connaître ce produit respectueux de l'environnement". Huit ans d'expérience ont été nécessaires pour mettre au point ce sac vert "qui se décompose dans la nature en moins de trois semaines", protégé par un brevet européen pour les dix prochaines années. Les particuliers peuvent commander ce produit directement sur Internet. Mais Daniel Ouchemane visent surtout "les entreprises de transport de personnes, que ce soit aérien, maritime ou terrestre".

Tank you Anderson Love your humour!!!! Jacques

September 8, 2011 at 3:02 am | Report abuse |
  6. Mario

People should not be cruel about this, if you have ever had a health condition or know someone that has had one then you should know how difficult it can be to do things that most of us take for granted.

August 22, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MadCityBabe

I guess the stews should be thankful he didn't decide to sh–t in the aisle

August 22, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Donna

I have neurogenic bladder, so I really feel for him. Sometimes you just cannot hold it. But, he could have relieved himself in a barf bag, no?

August 22, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Mom of two boys

I may be confused, but didn't his traveling companion state that Mr. D. was trying to use a cup or bottle? If so, he has lousy aim. I also thought that it was during take off that this occured and this is a standard rule of conduct on all planes, not just this one. Everyone needs to be seated for take off, seat belts buckled. If he would have told the attendant that he has a bladder problem, maybe there wouldn't have been an incident. Somehow I think he was banking on his "celebrity". Quite honestly, any press is better than no press, maybe he just want some publicity. I also read that several people stated he appeared to be drinking, so who do you believe, his friend or several people? I have seen him act, he is really good, that however, does not excuse missing the "cup".

August 22, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sharman

Depardieu is great. I don't care what anybody says, I will always enjoy any performance of his. As for his looks, they don't make the man. Good looking men are often boring as hell.

August 22, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. great

I love it. This is one way of fighting back against the increasingly shoddy treatment we receive from the airlines. Can you imagine if everyone started doing this? It would be horrible at first but I bet things would get better.

August 22, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  12. shelly

Maybe he just had a runny nose... that thing on his face could easily be mistaken for a penis

August 22, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. girlonadolphin

Adults with peeing problems wear diapers. This man has to be diapered for future instances, and maybe see a couple of psychiatrists.

August 22, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. marethebear

Remember the movie Snakes on a Plane? This kinda reminds me of that.

August 22, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  15. nhirsch

From what I understand, while urine does smell, it is sterile of germs. Military were trained to pee in their boots if they wanted to protect against infection from wounds on their feet. So this isn't close to defecating which is filled with germs.

August 22, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  16. Don JJ

Just thinkin of it still makes me laugh.

August 22, 2011 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  17. aleppo1091

In my two visits to Paris, I was surprised to see men open their pants & whizzz against walls or into the Seine.I guess it's a cultural (?) thing!

August 22, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  18. Elephant

This is a man who bragged in an interview how he and his friends in their teen years would have "fun" roaming the countryside raping girls. So this? No surprise–he is, and always has been, a complete jerk (not the word I want to use, but I don't want my comment deleted).

August 21, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Timmy

Is this the site where I report a lost dog?

August 21, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  20. TKDMOM35

I am so sick and tired of all the excuses that celebrities give for their rude behavior. Nobody seems to take ownership of any mistakes they make. I don't think it was all the flight attendants fault and paying rudeness with rudeness never makes the situation any better.

How can you be stone cold sober and unzip your fly, and urinate in front of everyone?? There was no regard for any of the passengers on that plane that had to experience even longer delays and missed connections.

August 21, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. midnightrambler444

filthy pee drinking frog. should this headline surprise anyone?

August 21, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  22. BonBon

Older men and women have problems holding their urine. It frequently is an urgent and unexpected need (and sometimes happens immediately after going to the bathroom, because they can't completely empty their bladder). I have several older women friends who need to visit the bathroom RIGHT NOW several times a day. He should have explained his need, and the airlines should have let him go to the bathroom.

August 21, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Big Al

I darn near did the same thing a few years back. I needed to pee and was told to wait until we were airbourne. We delayed on the runway and the stewardess admitted that she had no idea when we were taking off. When I asked what I should do, she said that I should have gone before getting on the plane! That was a BIG help!

I went into the lavatory and did it anyway, daring her to try and stop me.

August 21, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dan

He had to go oui oui.

August 21, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Dan

At least he didn't drop a deuce.

August 21, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Who Gives a Rat's A$$

nasty french dude peed on a plane. big surprise!

August 21, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  27. The Dude

He is so fat I thought he was an American.

August 21, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. JJ

PURE CLASS.........................sure.

August 21, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Elwood

Imagine how much fun he is going to have the next time he has to fly. He should probably stick to staycations for while.

August 21, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  30. Joyce

Same thing happened to me. The stewardess told me I couldn't use the bathroom, actually that i couldn't get up and walk around, but I did anyway and told her I had no choice. She said that's fine we just have to make sure people know it isn't safe right now to do it – bumpy air.

August 21, 2011 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  31. JIM

PROSTATE PROBLEMS ARE NOT FUNNY. YOU HAVE TO SCHEDULE YOUR ERRANDS AND MAKE SURE THERE IS A BATHROOM AROUND. BELIEVE ME IT IS NOT FUNNY. THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE YOUNG WILL SEE AS YOU AGE THAT MOST MEN HAVE PROSTATE PROBLEMS

August 21, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
    • mark in nyc

um....you have to be kidding. you actually believe his story? that's offensive to those who ACTUALLY have a prostate condition.

August 21, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  32. blake

There need to be some consequences for this behavior beside a little bad press.

August 21, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  33. trying2save

Sounds like a case of incomplete potty training. Could be a job opportunity for those who potty train.

August 21, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  34. Oui Oui

"Oui ! Oui !"....no, I didn't mean yes, I meant that I have to "go, go" now!

August 21, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  35. Bill

He is from France where you just pee in the streets when your bladder gets full.

August 20, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  36. gah

whenever a celebrity does something this idiotic, they blame some sort of health problem. lipsyncing = gastroesophageal reflux. peeing on a plane = prostate problems. granted, men at his age usually do have prostate enlargement, but that doesn't give them a pass to pee wherever they want. wear some depends or something man

August 20, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Guest

You have to read his wikipedia page

It says when he was little his mom told him she didnt want any more kids,and tried to abort him with a knitting needle

August 20, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. jordan

The French Nick Nolte. All kidding aside its funny how the airline industry expects human beings to sit for hours on runways without food or AC, and keep bathrooms off limits until the plane is airborn. rRdiculous.

August 20, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  39. FartKnocker

I hope he will next time Shyt in the bathroom sink.

August 20, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  40. anjana

Please , leave this poor guy alone.

August 20, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  41. timbo

3 drinks before boarding plane-$18. Airline tickets-$500. Peein' on stewardess shoes-priceless! :o

August 20, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  42. cpc65

I guess it's a good thing he just had to tinkle and not a big, steaming depardieu-diue.

August 20, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Paul

He's french...enough said?

August 20, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Stephanie

LOL!!!!!

August 20, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Sally

So where are the criminal charges against the stewardesses and/or the airline management for making that policy? What is the airline planning on doing to rectify that disgusting and demeaning policy? If you need to go, you need to go, end of. That stewardess needs to a long hard look at herself in the mirror and see what she needs to do to become a decent human being.

August 20, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Meiewe

A-n-d-e-r-s-o-n giggled at the thought of "Depard-two" because he is most familiar with the back door of men. He was simply letting the rainbows fly.

August 20, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  47. erich2112x

But afterword, when it reached up and over like an elephant trunk and swiped the woman's baked potato next to him is when things got bad.

August 20, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Gerard D

But of courze I am sorree for peeing on ze plane. If I had zought about eet, ah would have peed on zee pilots and zehr stupeed leetle joysteeks. Mon dieu! You woold seenk it waz offensive! My pees eez mohr tasty zahn Champagne!

August 20, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  49. AC

"At least it wasn't Departwo!" LOL AC

August 20, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  50. Ray Pena

They pee in holes in the street there (France) why should it be a shocking thing when a Frenchman pees on a plane they go like animals!

August 20, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  51. Berble

I don't blame him at all.... Someone pays for a ticket and then they don't let you use the bathroom, particularly when there may be a problem......outrageous.....when you have to go, you have to go....The only thing one can do is pee in the vomit bag....That's the only thing I may have done differently.....and then I would have handed it to the intransigent stewardess or flight attendent or cheerleader or whatever they call them .

August 20, 2011 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  52. keef

I can't blame this guy. I blame the airline inustry. I'm not kidding. I travel alot. It's ridiculous that they keep the restrooms off limits for so long while taxiing, turbulence, etc etc. There have been times where I thought to myself 'what do people with prostate problems do'? well, I guess they are just expected to wear diapers or suffer.

August 20, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  53. JGN

Wow. Jesus has a prostate the size of a watermelon. Shouldn't THAT be the news story?

August 20, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  54. erich2112x

The pilot was kind enough to ascend at a steeper angle so it all flowed back to coach.

August 20, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  55. Aaron L.

The guy has prostate problems. Grow up people.

August 20, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  56. ams927

Hey folks, way to make fun of someone with prostate problems! AC360 you should be ashamed.

August 20, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  57. Randall

Anderson Cooper should be ashamed for his stupid "funny" comments of this incident. If you do not know the facts do not make a fool of yourself.

August 20, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  58. oh please

love how you idiots with prostrate problems claim he is a liar. DO YOU honestly think that YOUR medical condition and YOUR personal experience in life and how YOU manage the situation is the SAME for others?

How selfish and biased to assume your medical condition and how YOU handle it MUST be the same for ANYONE ELSE who also has the same issue.
    Selfish and idiotic to assume this.

August 20, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  59. Ga Peach

I am sure the airline could have offerd a barf bag if nothing else.I heard he did pee into a cup or something but did not pee i his pants. If he had to go, he had to go! I don't think he as looking for another 15 minutes of fame!

August 20, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  60. Jim34

There is only two washrooms on the plane. If you got to go why not pee into a cup.

August 20, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  61. JackTaraz

He's a FAT drunk, who hasn't made a decent movie for like a 100 years!!! He thinks he a celebrity and could pee wherever he wanted. I really hate large egos like this. Reminds me of Diana Ross and Za Za Gabor, another couple of drunks.

August 20, 2011 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
  62. AndersonCooper'sPenis

Anderson Cooper wears diapers and a onesie to bed.

August 20, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  63. dEEpARdOOO

hAVE YOU SEEN HIS NOSE!? OMG! WEEE WEEE HOLD IT WHILE I PEE! I SURRENDER, NOW PLEASE PASS THE CHEESE! WEE WEE!

August 20, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  64. robert

He's French, they urinate where ever they want. France still hasn't invented the toilet.

August 20, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  65. SanFernandoRose

What about DEPEND Diapers....or a portable urinal.....Most guys i know (I was Certified Nurses Aide) with prostate problems had difficulty urinating...He needs to see a urologist...and SOOON!

August 19, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Bodaciousboomer

A visitor to my blog said they should've pushed his nose into the wet carpet and said "Bad actor, bad actor!"

August 19, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. achues

give the dude a break he has an old swollen (enlarged) prostate....i can relate...

August 19, 2011 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • JackTaraz

REALLY?

When was the last time that YOU peed on a plane? Try it and see what happens!!!

August 20, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  68. Cheech Azteca

pee-pee le pooh!

August 19, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Banksy

Check out CNN's Anderson Cooper's take on this story on his "Ridiculist"!

August 19, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Marc in Florida

WHen you got to go, you got to go. If the airlines didn't have such rediculous policies, they would have let him use the bathroom and precvented the whole incident . Why he didn't do his thing before he got on the plane is a reasonable question.

August 19, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • les

Really, how would they prevent someone from using a bathroom? If he has a medical condition then he should be on medication or use the facilities first or not drink alcohol.

August 20, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  71. Charlie Sheen

Oh come on...who of us HASN'T peed in first class before...

August 19, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  72. chelsea12

Why is peeing on a plane listed under entertainment? Just wondering.

August 19, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Joe Fattal

What part of the airplane he peed?. First class or coach.

August 19, 2011 at 10:33 pm | Report abuse |
  74. JW

If it had been a poor Muslim, they would have called it terrorism.

August 19, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Boppa

Still do not understand why some of you fools continue to consider the inspectors (in whatever country) as 'CRETINS' and "CLOWNS'!! Are you really stupid enough to think these people get a kick out of feeling up old people and children (some who may have a diaper on). Gotta be one hell of a thrill don't you think?? Perhaps you are just jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 19, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  76. ScipioRising

Just a bloated French dou**e bag.

August 19, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Pilot

I don't get it, why would they put bathrooms on planes and then get mad when someone pees? I've peed on a plane dozens of times... I guess since he is famous then it's a big deal.

August 19, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  78. moribundman

You gotta go when you gotta go.

August 19, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  79. jam108

Just about a month ago, I went to a multiplex theater and sat in a seat soaked with urine. Thought it must have been a kid, but maybe it was Depardieu. lol

August 19, 2011 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  80. TSA

New policy: empty your bladders before boarding the plane.

August 19, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  81. JeffinIL

He heard that there would be no in-flight movie. Being an actor, he decided to show his fellow passengers, "Snakes on a Plane."

August 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Elly

What a total pig. If he really couldn't hold it, why didn't he pee in a cup or bottle? No excuse for this disgusting behavior.

August 19, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  83. ivyleagueiq

I can't believe Anderson Cooper laughed at his own stupid joke, and the way he laughed......CREEPY!!!!

August 19, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  84. blake

Perhaps a month in jail, a lifetime ban from this airline, and a $50K fine would help him be truly remorseful.

August 19, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  85. MIffy

He needs to reduce – obesity causes all kinds of health problems, like risk of heart attack, stroke, and diabetes.

August 19, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Joe

How does he manage to live in Paris with people saying "oui oui" all the time?

August 19, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Tom

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U5X4N2exOsU&w=640&h=390]

August 19, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Mark

If he'd pulled that crap on my plane, he'd have gotten a faceful of fist – famous actor or not.

August 19, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Steve

Men with prostate problems can not hold their urine well. If the prostate is not functioning, or is missing, men essentially have to hold their urine similar to woman: by contracting their Kegel muscles – which takes training to learn how to do this. On a long flight, a single protective pat may not be enough protection. He's not the first person to have this problem nor the last, but his celebrity garners the attention.

August 19, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • KC

Portable urinal.

August 19, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • les

Men have exactly the same kegel muscles as women..used for the same purpose, there is no learning except what they learned in toilet training as children.

August 20, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  90. FIX IN TX

@brad1001 ~ if a US Olympic skier who is only 18yrs old and drunk on the 8 drinks he prior to broading can pee on a CHILD & NOT GET ARREST ~ then why should Gerard Depardieu get arrested b/c of a real medical problem vs. stupidity?

August 19, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  91. KC

What a disgusting slob. If he knows he has this problem, he should carry a portable leakproof urinal–they're cheap, easy to carry and use.

August 19, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  92. James in Canada

I can't believe that, I refuse too believe that...there is just no way Gerry leaves France sober!!!!

August 19, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Andrew Rogerson

Please don't report this story any more or it may make Anderson Coopers Ridiculist and we don't need Anderson breaking down again.

August 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Penisonaplane

Why on earth would anyone want to pee on a plane???
    I hate commercial jets, but I would never pee on one.
    Besides, they're so high off the ground, did he use a ladder???

August 19, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Kenny

Well, I did thought it rained in Paris, pretty odd for this kind of weather. Oh well.

August 19, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  96. mvh

Wee-Wee

August 19, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  97. But Seriously

He should have asked for a cup...a Pee cup.

August 19, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  98. rankno

If I was really about to pee my pants, some stewardess would be unlikely to stop me. I would just get up to go and keep on going.

August 19, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  99. rankno

The french are so arrogant. If he has problems controlling his bladder, one would think he would take a p before getting on the plane. If he truly does have a problem, he should have no problem showing the judge his medical records.

August 19, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Crockett

Where was Monica Lewinsky when he needed her?

August 19, 2011 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Jimmy Crack Corn

Wow, the Media really sucks. The guy obviously had an accident because he has prostate problems and CNN put this on their front page news? Come on media, we know you're all jerks but give the guy a break.

August 19, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  102. jeff

The artiucle clearly says "He was stone-cold sober at the time", which "is not the way he usually behaves." HA!

August 19, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  103. mejazzbo

This may start another gigglefit from Anderson Cooper. Tells me more about Cooper that it does about Depardieu. He should stick with solid new stories. This kind of story is beneath a reporter of his reputation. Maybe dump the New Years Eve with Kathy shtick too. He may even find himself sitting next to Charlie Sheen on a "Comedy Central Roast" if he isn't careful.

August 19, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Ronald Raygun

i love saying this headline with a french accent

August 19, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  105. DECREPEED

Gerard is going a little far, what's next? Smoking Poop?

August 19, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Amber

I'm sorry, but his prostrate problems have solutions. He could have worn some Depends if he was worried about the long flight and his inability to get to the restroom on time. What a PIG! Did he wet his pants or just whip the little thing out? This was his personal problem hung out (no pun intended) for the world to see. If he had any class, he wouldn't have subjected the other passengers to this humiliating scene. Or, maybe it was a PR stunt gone bad?

August 19, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  107. AlohaBetty

I think Anderson Cooper's Ridiculist breakdown on this was completely uncalled for. The guy has a prostate problem. Give him a break. How embarrassing. CNN used to be a news organization. I think Anderson Cooper will be better off with his new talk show than on the "news."

August 19, 2011 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  108. us1776

No need to apologize Gerard. Been there !!

I was not so polite as you though.

I just got up out of my seat and ignored the flight attendant and used the lavatory before I almost exploded.

August 19, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  109. SamuelJackson

Someone needs to get this muthaf*&@n pee off this muthaf*&^n plane!!!!!!

August 19, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  110. DI

I also have problems with not being able to hold urine for long and it could really be health hazard not to go when you have to. Nowadays, because of security issues, when plane is about to land or take off, you can't use the bathroom anymore. Which means you should put on a diaper just in case or that airline should provide adult diapers for those with problems going to bathroom a lot.

August 19, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Diane

There should be sanctions against the airline staff for trying to restrict access to the toilets. Sorry, but basic human dignity is a little more important than the fact that a plane is taking off. If someone needs a toilet, you let them use the toilet.

August 19, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

And what happens if somebody else was using the toilet at that time? Of course you need to wait!!!!

August 19, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane

There's usually more than one toilet Mark. Either way, there's no excuse for actively preventing someone from using a toilet. That's just high school bullying stuff.

August 19, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Al Freeman

Airlines must take into consideration the fact that men over 60 do often have a problem with prostate. You simply cannot say to a man "hold it!" Some men can't. It is impossible for a man in this condition to hold. Where is the compassion? Where is consideration? Is it all spent on women? Well, men need some understanding as well!

August 19, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Mark

Nothing beats carrying an empty Gatorade bottle onboard!

August 19, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  114. MM

Blame it on the prostate. Here we go. Excuses, excuses. And why does a representative need to apologize. He's a very 'personable handsome' fellow – do it your self!!

August 19, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  115. John

Next time they should have crated him... no muss, no fuss!

August 19, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  116. RobK

Who believes this? How's it smell up there in your butt? Why take ANY RESPONSIBILITY WHATSOEVER for your own actions anymore. F the world man!

August 19, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Martha

If I was a stewardess on that flight, I would have forced Depardieu to lick his mess off the floor.

August 19, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  118. K. Brennan

Prostate, yea right. He just doesn't have any manners. He can't even apolize for himself. That's the French for you!

August 19, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  119. brad1001

He's just another ill mannered French pig. Nothing new here. He should have been arrested however. Had this been a domestic US flight, he'd have been clapped in irons PDQ. And rightfully so

August 19, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  120. nateD2000

Damage Control Inc says he wasnt drunk. I say he was smashed. Stop trying to save face. Just make your apology and be done with it.

August 19, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  121. kite005

I liked his work in the movies I've seen. He looks a whole lot heavier now if that picture is recent. Thats not really important to anyone but him but it seems kind of surprising.

August 19, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  122. FedUpwithLA

Mr Depardieu has become so big since the last time I saw him, I can understand why he needed to pee!

August 19, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  123. RhMonkey

Is it too ironic that there is a ad for ac360 at the bottom of this page, at least at this reading.

August 19, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Micko

Gerard DeparDON"T!

August 19, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  125. willie

Did it come out of that phallus growing in the middle of his face?

August 19, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Penisonaplane

You noticed it too !!!
      Geez, I thought I was taking crazy pills!!

August 19, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

Willie: did you know that your name is also slang for phallus?

August 19, 2011 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Rick Springfield

I don't buy the prostate excuse. I've lived with a collapsed prostate for more than 6 years and I use a straight cath that makes life very normal for me. Sure I can forget to take one now and then, but I always keep a small one in my wallet. What it means is that I can empty my bladder completely before a flight while I'm still in the terminal. I've already taken care that day to not drink any caffeine and avoid alcohol. I can usually make up to a 4 hour flight without even having to go. Now on the down side is that my smaller prostate will be painful if I do hold urine in for a while. It can be rather painful and you feel like you need to go real bad. But I can't imagine not planning for it.

August 19, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  127. MOI

STOP DRINKING !!! or pee before you board the plane...what a goofball

August 19, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Anomic Office Drone

Not gonna lie. There are times when I have wanted to just pee, but as a civilized human being, I refrain until I have access to a restroom.

August 19, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Kristina

I'm glad the French have these guys: master thespian Depeepeediu and President Nicholas Czarkozy.

August 19, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  130. Rick Perry

This man should be arrested

August 19, 2011 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
  131. airpee

I sympathize with him 100% ... been there ... , but he should have explained his condition to the flight attendants and asked for an empty bottle and ducked into the back. Bad prostate causes you to pee every 1/2 hour and get very over full ... you can't fully empty. If I hold beyond 450 cc, I cannot empty at all and it becomes a medical emergency. Many older men just stop drinking liquids when traveling.

August 19, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Rod

This will no doubt make him a hero for some of you weird people, but the fact is that it is not an appropriate thing to do... period.

August 19, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • sara

truth is that even though it is a safety violation, people in emergencies are allowed to use the bathroom on planes. He should have made that clear to the flight attendant and gone (to the bathroom) to do his business.

August 19, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Violet

The airlines are WAY big for their britches any way. They treat people like dirt. No excuse for making people wait to go to the bath room when they are that uncomfortable. Glad they got peed on.
    Good for you Gerard!

August 19, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Vasquez

Thanks for stating the obvious. Air travel really sucks these days, and the attendants resemble Dragon Ladies. Big deal..leave the French alone!

August 19, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diane

Exactly. The real story here is that the airline thinks it's acceptable to deny people their basic human rights.

August 19, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jane

The story I heard was that the takeoff had been delayed for quite a while, but just the same, even after he made several requests to use the restroom they would not allow it. They said no one was allowed to stand up on the plane at that time. Why not? The attendants were standing, and the man had to pee. He was not threatening anyone. He was not trying to hurt anyone. He just wanted to use the rest room. His health issue is legitimate and common in males his age. When his situation became critical he peed into a bottle and missed. Yes, it's kinda funny, but it is mostly sad that such a talented man, from and impoverished childhood, who has won a great number of well deserved international awards, including an Oscar, for his movie roles. I have to assume that those of you who are being so harsh about this are very young and have not yet suffered some of the problems related to age. These days many airline employees are insensitive, rude, and power mad. In this age of no respect for anyone, or anything, it is to be expected that the press would run a humiliating story like this. Even if he wasn't an acclaimed artist; even if he had been just another unknown passenger, what has happened to the world that makes everyone so damn mean and spiteful?

August 19, 2011 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • HGrant

Jane, well said – best comment here.

August 20, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary J

Instead of whipping it out (if I had such equipment), I would have gotten up and went to the bathroom anyway.

August 21, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  134. YouAreNotSmart

Prostate growing problems (just like the commercial says) can make your prostate push against your bladder, making you urinate more frequently.

August 19, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  135. cpc65

He should be court ordered to wear adult diapers the rest of his life.

August 19, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  136. BigSir

Did he always look like that? Fat and ugly...peeing in public. Not good.

August 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

You're right. Fat and ugly should never pee in public. Only the young, well-muscled and handsome...

August 19, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Big Sir

Its the whole picture, old guy.

August 20, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  137. RyanAir

He should have flown Aer Lingus...no one would have noticed.

August 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Thor The Destroyer

Peed in the plane aisle? He is just flat out one nasty S.O.B. Ugh!

August 19, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  139. MineiIsGood

Beside being full of pee, he's full of BS. A prostrate problem makes peeing harder, not so you can't hold it.

August 19, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • sara

Not true MineilsGood. If you don't know what you are talking about, please don't say anything.

August 19, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  140. Tony

There was a picture of him last year on a nude beach in France. Pretty scary stuff.

August 19, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ugh

some people should never been seen naked

August 19, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • ldstep

Ewwww....not an image I want to think about. I don't even like seeing a 'close-up' picture of this guy.

August 21, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  141. steve

if this incident had involved any other person, the arrest ticket would have read " indecent exposure" and " disorderly conduct". money talks and BS walks!!!

August 19, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tex Gritter

Word has...um, shall we say, "leaked out" that this is fairly common stuff in Yooorip. Bet the same Europeein' Union and the Untied Nations that are so worried about American conduct will continue to over-look this kind of peehavior out of their own peeon citizen-subjects.

August 19, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Yeah

Prostate problems?? Prostrate problem SLOWS DOWN peeing. What a crock!

August 19, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimmy

If your prostrate is enlarged it presses on the bladder and you need to relieve yourself much more frequently because, well, you can't hold it

August 19, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barry

That is totally wrong! I've lived with a very enlarged prostate for many years. Weak flow rates are only one symptom. With more than mildly enlarged prostates there are many more issues. If I wait too long, I risk urinary retention which is life threatening if there is no medical support to get relief with a catheter. I've come very close this problem on at least two occasions over the past year by waiting too long. There is absolutely no justification for telling someone they cannot use a bathroom. This is another example of airline related security going prompt stupid.

August 19, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • kirstyloo

Actually, my father in-law is incontinent due to prostate problems. While I'm not sure it is true in DePardieu's case, based on my FIL issues...I think that it could be.

August 19, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barry

I forgot to mention that Jimmy's comment above is certainly true. It is necessary to get relief on a rather frequent basis. I cannot sit through a movie without leaving for the rest room at least once and sometimes twice. I think it was an uncalled for and just plain stupid abuse of power to prevent to prevent someone from using the rest room. I cannot believe "security" would have been challenged in any way.

August 19, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

My prostate is huge. I solve the prolem on long car trips by using a large cup as I drive. On a plane I monopolize the rest room (and hang out there). No accidents! Gerard, you give prostate sufferrers a bad name!

August 20, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
    • It happens

My father had bladder cancer and he had problems with incontinence. If someone has health issues like that people should have more compassion. If he really wasn't drunk but sick give him a break.

August 21, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
    • alumette

Exactly. I think he has dementia. He certainly looks freakish....he thought he was doing it against a wall somewhere.

August 21, 2011 at 6:08 am | Report abuse |
  143. Al Boree

This Big Government over reach can only happen in Socialist Europe. In our future Tea Party ruled USA we shall have the freedom to relieve ourselves wherever and whenever we want with no govt. interference.

August 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Long Finger

But we will be obliged to pee while holding onto a gun with our free hand, just to make sure there are no rascals out there eyeballing us while we relieve ourselves wherever we please.

August 19, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  144. peagreen

Gerard has nothing to apologize for in terms of peeing on the plane. If he didn't pee on the plane he would have peed in his pants and he would have had to sit there in wet pee pants. It might have caused rashes and boils. He also has a forskin which would have puckered and shriveled up becuse of all the pee. People need to remember these things before they say things like "he shouldn't have peed on the plane" or "it was really gross that he peed on the plane".

August 19, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tex Gritter

How in th' heck did you know this ol' joker has a foreskin?

August 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • pattysboi

If I ran that airline, there would be NO WAY he'd ever fly on it again. He should be banned for life from flying; as he's obviously not potty-trained.

August 19, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • CalgarySandy

Ya He should have peed in his seat so everyone to use it in future would smell ammonia and walk away with his urine on them.
      There sure are a lot of ignorant little sots on here who know nothing about incontinence. They will. LOL They will.

August 19, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • oldguy

Tex Gritter asked: "How in th' heck did you know this ol' joker has a foreskin?"
      answer: rent Bertolucci's "1900"

August 19, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  145. DALALEAH

Who is this dude anyway. is he the one from the man in the iron mask?? and if he has prostate problems he can wear a depends diaper.

August 19, 2011 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
  146. K-man

wasn't the last article about this guy saying that he's a total drunk?? something about breaking car windows out with his fist if I remember the story correctly. toooooo funny

August 19, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  147. TJ

Lol...How does he act when he's drunk?

August 19, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe S.

Well.......for started, he's an admitted, acknowledged rapist.......think not?.......search a little.

August 19, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tex Gritter

Howdy, TJ. No offense, friend. But I can't hardly help but notice how many folks on here are saying "LOL". I undersand this means"laugh out loud." I was on another site and folks were saying"LMAO". I have come to the conclusion this must mean: "Laugh my AdamsApple Off." or something like that, I reckon.

August 19, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • sara

Tex–when you are that far behind the times it's best not to comment on trends.

August 19, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • mb

Wait, they have the internet on computers now?

August 19, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Funky Wagnall III

Ok a primer for Tex. Laughing on the Internet 101
      LOL= Laughing out Loud, you figured this out all on your own, you're such a smart boy.
      LMAO = Laughing My Off, Also good
      LMFAO = Interpolate from previous entry.
      ROTFLOL = Rolling on the Floor Laughing out Loud
      ROFLCOPTER = See a 3 Stooges movie for this one. Whoop Whoop Whoop
      And here's one especially for Texans:
      LMDFAO = Laughing My Dang Fool Off

August 19, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Funky Wagnall III

Hmm, interesting it removed my parentheticals describing body parts beginning with the letter A. But you all figured that out.
      Made one up just for the occasion
      LMDFAOBGDPOAP = Laughing My Dang Fool A$$ Off Because Gerard Depardieu Pee'd On A Plane

August 19, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrDifficult

Joe S. – YOU need to search a little before spouting off ignorance.

August 19, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • jeff

He was saying that "He was also stone-cold sober at the time", which "is not the way he usually behaves." HA!

August 19, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  148. MoonDancer

Well, isn't that special!

August 19, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Javier

It's not so much that he peed on the plane that got people in a tizzy. It's the fact that he opened the door and asked a stewardess to "hold it for me" that was the issue. This at 36,000 ft.

August 19, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Colorado Springs

Javier - HYSTERICAL! :-D

August 19, 2011 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • asdf

Well at least he didn't take a dump on one of seats at the start of a 12 hour flight.

August 19, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Greg S

There was a huge misunderstanding because of the accents - he was sure he had heard that this was a sure-fire way to HIRED by the U.S. OLympic Ski Team.

August 19, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • CalgarySandy

He was likely afraid to wear a diaper in case he got strip searched and squeezed down. If I ever fly into the US again and they get snotty about the diaper I will take it out and hand it to them in front of everyone. Boomers are hitting this age and the fact that millions of us are incontinent should give these cretins pause in denying us bathrooms or demanding we do something as embarrassing as being felt up by some clown who thinks a diaper is a bundle of Cr

August 19, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • CalgarySandy

C-4.

August 19, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tank

Folks, he's euro-pee'in – so he's just being green and recycling his Heineken.

August 20, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

I have a prostate the size of a watermelon and yet I don't have his uncontrollable urination issue. If he knew that he had such a problem, he should have worn an adult diaper.

August 20, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Jesus

My prostate is the size of a watermelon and yet I don't have his uncontrollable urination issue. If he knew that he had such a problem, he should have worn an adult diaper.

August 20, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Lobo74

Careful, Anderson Cooper might start giggling again thinking about his smelly French wiener.

August 20, 2011 at 5:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Jesse

Wow. All of these attempts at humor (and the lowest form: bathroom humor, no less) and not one of them funny. Just more evidence that cnn online forums is where all failed and frustrated wannabe comedians go to find the audience that they can't find in real life.

August 20, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • power4things

He was on Ryan Air to Dublin and didn't have a euro for the loo.

August 22, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Noliah

I hate to say it, because I feel that he has moments of brilliance as an actor-but he's become such an common oaf.

August 22, 2011 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |