Kelly Clarkson's new album drops October 25
August 18th, 2011

Kelly Clarkson's new album drops October 25

After a long wait, original “American Idol” winner Kelly Clarkson has announced the release date for her fifth album: October 25. The news comes via the singer's newly revamped site, kellyclarkson.com.

Fans have been anxiously awaiting new music from Clarkson, as the album's experienced a series of setbacks. “Stronger” was originally set for a late 2010 release, but was pushed back to early 2011, and then delayed again until fall.

Lead single “Mr. Know It All” will be released at the end of this month, and those who pre-order the album will get the single sent to them upon release. Fans can also watch the singer debut the song via live webcast on August 30.

"Can't wait for y'all to hear the new single!" Clarkson wrote on her site Tuesday. "The band and I are really excited and currently gearing up for this record! It's gonna be a fun record to tour!"

A lucky few may have heard an accidental preview of the album last month when four tracks leaked, reports MTV.com. The songs, including "Let Me Down," the ballad "Forgive You" and the pop track "Dumb + Dumb = You" were quickly removed from the Web.

1. Neal Chamberlain

Hey, not sure who got the date wrong; but the album drops on October 24th. Check kellyclarkson.com or her twitter or Facebook :)

September 13, 2011 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  2. KC Rocks

I cannot wait for her new album. She has the coolest voice and it gives me chills. Her voice is so powerful and unique. Bluesy, rock, pop, country all rolled into one. Kelly Clarkson is a special one-of-kind singer/artist/songwriter. I think she is amazing. She is even better live than on the albums. Cannot wait to see her in concert again! Best artist out there today.

August 22, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. Rainbowhitesnake

I'm really looking forward to Kelly's new album. She never puts throw away songs on her albums.

August 19, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ninjalilly

Yay! So excited. She is amazing – the best pop singer (and other genres) out there. Girl can give chills when she sings.

August 19, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  5. cheryl

Kelly is an AMAZING "S-I-N-G-E-R!" I care about her voice and not her weight. It's sad that most of you comment on her weight. Yes, Carrie Underwood is a great singer also, but Kelly has that raspy tone and emotion when singing that I haven't quite heard Carrie master yet. I think they are both great singers though. I prefer Kelly's music to Carrie's but I do love Carrie's also.

August 19, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Who gives a d*mn

Who gives a d*mn.

August 19, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • KC Rocks

Then why are you bothering to comment? Shut up. Some of us are fans which is why we are posting. We care!!!

August 22, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  7. lorisails

Kelly and Carrie are both awesome and deserve all the success that they have had post-idol.

August 19, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jeanie

Wow...jealous much? The girl CAN sing.

August 19, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  9. erich2112x

Hopefully she's moving in a new direction musically. Too many artists get stuck. You have to alienate at least a quarter of your fans with every new album and replace them with new ones. Turning the soil, I think they call it. She'll be the first Idol star to hit the classic charts. This should be a defining album, we'll see.

August 19, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  10. KV

Kelly can sing circles around any "pop" star today. I guess all you ignorant people making fat comments would rather listen to Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Ke$ha or Taylor Swift, lip sync their way through a concert rather than someone who actually has an amazing voice. Girl can sing so she doesn't have to conform to society's skewed version of beauty today. I'll take the voice over a stick thin pop tart any day!

August 19, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

"stick thin pop tart any day"

Spoken like a true fatty.

August 19, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • C

@Sean spoken like a true immature child. Shut up already. Your mother is a fat pig. Loser!

August 22, 2011 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. Phyl

Derp, you prove my point. I wasn't saying Kelly was an idiot I was saying that Carl was an idiot for the fat remarks. I hate to burst all your bubbles, but Kelly is about average in size, keep in mind cameras add 10-15 lbs., which means she is heathy, does not suffer from an eating disorder & any of you loosers should be so lucky to have her talent, her looks, or have her give you a second glance!

August 19, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

In her case the camera adds about 50 pounds.

August 19, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

"I wasn't saying Kelly was an idiot I was saying that Carl was an idiot for the fat remarks"

Nnnoooo.............Rreeaalllyy.

are you that stupid that you did not get the joke?

August 19, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

@ Phyl

Only an idiot would suggest that you have an eating disorder if you’re not 50lbs over weight.

August 19, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • C

Hey Derp and Sean! Your mother is a fat pig. How does it feel? You both are such losers. I bet you are both ugly. You sure sound like it. hahaha.

August 22, 2011 at 1:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. typical male

Even fat, she's so hot.

August 19, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  13. Mary

She may have been the first but KC was not the best idol winner.

August 19, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
    • KC Rocks

Kelly is the first and the greatest Idol of all time. She has more creativity, artistry, guts and the strongest killer pipes of any Idol contestant ever. She has the best voice in music today not just counting Idols. She has a gift from God. She is the best period!!!

August 22, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  14. Snarf

Well her first album had beautiful songs... the second?... a piece of garbage.
    Open she gets back to her sign music instead of going to the "pop kinda like music" that is trying to take out the charts.
    Like now i hate Taylor Swift for trying to get into the rap/hiphop music. Her voice is not for that... but her managers want to get her there to milk some money fast.
    Kelly lost her touch with the second album... i hope she gets it back with this one.

August 19, 2011 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  15. the_dude

If she only had an adams apple like lady gaga then she would be perfect.

August 19, 2011 at 2:46 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

It would be even better if she didn't weigh 75 pounds more than gaga.

August 19, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  16. Dicky

Record execs never thought Kelly Clarkson had talent. It was arranged because of her win. It's great that people power has embraced this lovely lady. Hey, entertainment industry is controlled by Jews. They only want Jews, Clarkson is not.

August 18, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  17. GuestColin

Gotta love internet anonymity. All the vile, self-loathing, internal hatred, insecurity, jealousy and ignorance one can muster without any of that pesky personal responsibility attached.

Look at me! look at me! I'm so original! I'm gonna post some mucked comment on a thread about Kelly Clarkson's weight!

Really? Fathom that! I can be a troll sometimes. I admit it. But you guys? You're way too predictable mates. At least come up with something unique.

And yeah, I love Clarkson's music...and further, I love her for the fact that she can cause you frothy trogs to come stumbling out of the woodwork at every post

Looking forward to this. Helluva voice.

August 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Trolling isn’t funny when it something you care about huh? Aww poor hypocrite do you need a tissue?

August 19, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • GuestColin

Try again. I said be unique. I didn't say stop trolling. L2Comprehend.

August 21, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • C

Finally an intelligent comment. Thank you, Colin.

August 22, 2011 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  18. Devantine

Best voice in the mainstream? Funny how that actually used to mean something. xD

August 18, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  19. derek

i love all you losers talking trash about an incredibly talented and successful, not to mention beautiful young woman. you can only dream of having the life that woman has. so keep it up the talk. it's tragically amusing to read.

August 18, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

If you find her beautiful, I would hate to see your significant other.

Hoggin!!!!!

August 19, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
    • C

Well said Derek. I couldn't agree more. Kelly Clarkson is freaking amazing. Her voice is the greatest out there today. And Derp shut up. You are such a pathetic loser. I know you are a kid. She is beautiful, talented and rich. SHUT UP already!

August 22, 2011 at 1:26 am | Report abuse |
  20. name0r

i hope she isn't fat again

August 18, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. The Ghost of Elvis

Kelly Clarkson can sing – and I'm sure her new album will be good. As far as to "the weight", i say 'whatever.' Do we hold Bessie Smith in contempt because she wasn't Beyonce-thin? It is the 21st century, right?

August 18, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Susan - Canada

Kelly....don't change. Some of us love you just the way you are, just like we love your music!

August 18, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • C

Susan from Canada. Please ignore these ignorant children on here. You can tell they are uneducated hateful losers. Please do not think all Americans are as rude as these nitwits. I am ashamed of their behavior, and I am sure their parents would be too. Of course their parents are probably low lifes who ignore them which would explain everything. Evel suck it and stuff a sock in it. You are disgusting.

August 22, 2011 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  23. Susan - Canada

I think it's disgusting the comments posted on this board, regarding this girl's weight.....man, can people ever be rude when hiding behind a computer screen. I would love to see how you all look?? If you don't like her music....just say so, you don't have to be so damn insulting. Anyone I know, would never post such crap.....but then again, we are educated, unlike many who obviously post on this board.

August 18, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

Look you dumdassed canuck, she is fat, period. Calling her fat is simply pointing out the obvious. Just because you took sporting molson chuggers are too sissified to do call her, does not prove squat about your education level. Do you think I got this good at making fun back bacon munchers by not going to college.

August 19, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

If you tell others you are educated you most likely are not. She's fat.. people don't like fat.. get over it.

August 19, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  24. Sandy

Ha! Do you feel better now too?

August 18, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Sandy

WOW. Were you people not hugged enough as children. It is well known that people who say mean things about others are only trying to feel better about themselves. Do you feel better now?

August 18, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • cindy

Sandy,
      Get over your self. Obviously you need some attention & this is your way of trying to get some.

August 18, 2011 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • derp

You are an annoying wench.

And I feel better about myself.

August 19, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
    • C

Sandy you cannot reason with children. Just ignore them and maybe they will go away. Far far away. Bunch of losers.

August 22, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  26. moot

Fatty McFat Fat

August 18, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • KV

What are you like five years old? Go tell your mommy it's time to change your diaper.

August 19, 2011 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  27. weezy69

What does her weight have to do with her music? She is a talented performer who can sing better than most artists out there today. You people who are bashing her weight are evil souls – Get A Life!!

August 18, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Evel Knievel

Spoken like a true fatty. Her fingers are so fat it's like five sausages trying to hold a microphone.

August 18, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Diana

If your fat and black no one cares...but if your white and fat...then your just a slob...just sayin.....

August 18, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Dave

There hasn't been a rear that wide in entertainment since Ward Bond.

August 18, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
  29. dannaba

Her 15 minutes were up about two or three years ago. She needs to get the lap band procedure done like Jennifer Hudson did.

August 18, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • KV

and you need to shut your ignorant mouth

August 19, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Cris

She has the best killer pipes in the industry. She has had a successful 10 yr career! She is a multi millionaire. Suck it loser!!!

August 22, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  30. @ Evel

I assume that cover song features Adele?

August 18, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. MoonDancer

To Evel Knievel- Good One! That was a chuckle!

August 18, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cris

Oh yeah. Evel is so hilarious. You are a bunch of immature wackos. Get a life. Kelly and Adele are amazing singers. Just because you are a bunch of losers isn't their fault. Go play with your Xbox children.

August 22, 2011 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
  32. carl

She so fat, even her eyelids are too flabby to open.

August 18, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phyl

Just goes to show, idiocy knows no gender.

August 19, 2011 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
    • derp

He didn't say she was an idiot, he just said she was fat.

August 19, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • cris

See comment to Evel Knievel. Kelly is amazing. You are idiots. Grow up!

August 22, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
    • LadyDi

First of all, where did you learn to talk? Have you never heard of the English language?? Kelly Clarkson can out sing anyone of the American Idols, with out even trying!! Who cares what she weighs? If you remember when Carrie Underwood won, she was much heavier then. Oh and get a life!

August 25, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  33. Evel Knievel

Is her new album called, "Are You Going to Eat That?"

August 18, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Tamore 2014

Geeeeesss another Texan yaaahooo the gangs all here. This b**ch annoying and ugly

August 18, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

And.....you are an idiot.

August 18, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • C

You must be jealous. I understand why. Ms. Clarkson is beautiful, sweet, cute as hell, has a wonderful funny personality, and the best freaking voice on the planet. I guess people gotta hate when others are so gifted. Sad.

August 22, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  35. B=Dog

Wow... she's really put on the weight.

August 18, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boooo

I agree. I hate to be one of those people. I'm currently at the gym every day trying to lose the weight I put on after having a baby four months ago. I understand weight issues. But if I had as much free time and money as most celebs, I'd be so ridiculously in shape. I don't get it.

August 18, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

@Booo

Thank you for doing what most new mothers only talk about.

August 19, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  36. Mike

I will definitely be buying this. She has the best mainstream voice in the industry today.

August 18, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

DITTO!!

August 18, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cris

She has an amazing voice. Radio sure has sucked without Ms. Clarkson's beautiful voice. Nobody has a voice like she does. Killer pipes! I cannot wait to get her new single and album!

August 22, 2011 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  37. KCfan

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA KELLY CLARKSON'S BAAAAACK

August 18, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  38. tammy

"Drops" right into the toilet.

August 18, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Amber

Can't wait! Best "American Idol" winner/contestant ever, hands down.

August 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • cindy

You are a weirdo. Carrie Underwood rocks!! She has outsold all of them.

August 18, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

I second that!! I love her sound...

August 18, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jerry

What a weirdo! Carrie Underwood is far prettier and sings beautifully!

August 19, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Phyl

Sorry to disappoint you Amber, but Kelly has out sold Carrie world wide by between 10-13 million cds. Carrie is OK as a country singer, but she can't hold a candle to Kelly in both vocals or song writing ability.

August 19, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |

larkson has sold 10 mllion more lbums worldwide than Carrie Underwood-just lookedit up. Kelly is the far better singer but not as prety so you superficial people just THINK she sold more. Poor uneducated youth.

August 19, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
    • cris

Kelly Clarkson has the best voice in music today. Carrie Underwood sucks. She will never have the talent, creativity, or artistry of Clarkson. Kelly sings with so much more emotion and heart too!

August 22, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |