Jason Momoa tries to write his way back on 'Game of Thrones'
August 18th, 2011

Jason Momoa tries to write his way back on 'Game of Thrones'

Jason Momoa, known for his role on “Game of Thrones,” saw his character killed off this season. But the actor wants back on the show, and he’s plotting to bring Drogo back, according to an interview with New York Magazine.

“There’s a possibility you’ll see me do him again,” the actor said of his Barbarian warrior Khal Drogo. And the fact that he’s dead? Minor detail. “It’s a fantasy world, sweetheart.”

“I wrote some scenes and they might try to use them,” Momoa reveals of his crafty plan. “George [R.R. Martin] can only write so much. Something could happen. Drogo could have a twin. You never know!”

Well, we do know, because there's no twin in the book series the show is based on. But Momoa has only read the first installment (aka, season one).

“My wife [Lisa Bonet] let me spend four days straight reading it,” the actor says of “A Game of Thrones.” While reading, Momoa became a fan of warrior Drogo: “I loved him. He was the best guy. And I loved watching him fall in love. Of all the characters, he was the least backstabbing. He didn’t say a lot, but his s-- got handled.”

Even if you never see Momoa again on “Game of Thrones,” rest assured that he’ll continue playing brawny barbarians. In fact, he stars in the upcoming remake of “Conan the Barbarian.” (Typecast much?)

Oh, and he’s already written a “Conan” sequel.

1. Attention Desperado

that is so sad that one has too do that...

February 26, 2013 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Linda E. Gorman

Jason Momoa has the capacity for comedy, romance, hell, singing and dancing, i'll wager. Do not typecast such a gifted actor. feedthebirdstuppanceabag Love, Linda ps; Johnny Depp with more alpha.

February 26, 2013 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. carpal bones

Wonderful paintings! This is the kind of information that are supposed to be shared around the web. Shame on the seek engines for not positioning this put up upper! Come on over and visit my website . Thank you =)

April 14, 2012 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. opony

I just like the helpful information you provide on your articles. I will bookmark your weblog and check again here frequently. I'm fairly certain I will be informed many new stuff proper here! Good luck for the next!

April 3, 2012 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
  5. real writing jobs

I do consider all the ideas you have presented to your post. They are very convincing and will definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are very quick for newbies. May you please prolong them a little from subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

April 3, 2012 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  6. Nicole

I have had a crush on Jason since Johnson Family Vacation. He was the only reason to remember that movie.

August 22, 2011 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  7. Grokitman

Would likt to see Jason back on the show in another role just not what hes saying here. Bring him back with a clean shaven face across the sea away from Dany and throw some westeros armor on him. He would make a good Dornish knight and let him speak a bit and live longer

August 22, 2011 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  8. Doc

We all know the Khal ain't coming back. If I was in Momoa's shoes, I'd try that Spartacus show on Starz.

August 21, 2011 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
  9. Karen

I would love to see Jason Momoa aka "Khal Drogo" back on the Game of Thrones. I loved him! The tough silent kick ass warrior type, you can kill as many enemies you like to protect your bride and people! Sure bring him back! Hell if his women can walk through fire and "hatch" those dragon eggs, why can't they use his ashes, his bones, cast a spell through the "blood" of the dragons, evoke the Gods of the Dragos and bring forth his spirit, soul and body and truly make him the warrior he is meant to be? PLEASE bring him back! I truly want the Dragos to make war against the bratty evil child king and his wicked queen who screwed her brother to protect thier "name" and "steal" the throne after King Robert died....just bring the warrior Khol back!

August 20, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drtydawg

King Robert didn't die (of natural causes) he was murdered for all intents a purposes...lol

August 20, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bell

OMG, I so agree with you! Lisa Bonet is one lucky chickadee.

August 26, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • sassyone

Please bring him back Im obseeseed with there love affair...its raw and uncut...they would take the throne...lets start a petion to get him back

September 19, 2012 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MizzDiva

Isn't he Roman from The Game? He was dating Kelly Pitts on the show.

August 20, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  11. Beautiful Vixen

@jujubeans: lol .. Actually I came back on was to apologize @Get a Room for being mean to him on here and for calling him a jack*** on another blog. I guess my panties were in a bunch. I feel bad :( I guess that makes me sap.

August 19, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jim

I thought he was great in the Conan role.. http://www.watch-movies–online.org/12568/conan-the-barbarian/

August 19, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  13. it has to be said

I heard this guy eats his own doo doo.

August 19, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Beautiful Vixen

@Get a Room: Yes, the feeling is mutual. At least you got one think correct about me. I can't stand you. I would rather play in traffic.

August 19, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  15. Herba

On the subject of dead people, Sean Bean has very important scenes that had not been shown yet and should be record ASAP (if not already done). note that those scenes wont probably be shown until season 6 or even season 7.

August 19, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  16. Get a room

When I walk it swings like a pendulum.

August 19, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

Do your balls hang low? Do they dangle to and fro?

August 19, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frankenstein

Can you tie it in a knot? Can you tie it in a bow? Can you throw 'em over your shoulder like a continental soldier?

October 21, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Get a room

My weeeeiner is stupendous baby. Stupendous. Like a musclemans arm holding a softball.

August 19, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  18. Herba

It would be possible to use is "twin" at the end of book 5 on the Dany Arc. They just need to replace Khal Jhaqo by him. But he wont be back until season 5 even so. Whats nice about it is book 6 is not written yet, so its doable even in the books.

August 19, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  19. Enid

I see this guys head is as big as the moon already...what an idiot! He dissed the writer of the seroies and then thinks he can write himself in!?!??!?! I think he should stick to what he is good at....looking pretty. Ss fix your pretty hair, wear a bikini, and shut your stupid mouth!!!!! IDIOT!!!!

August 19, 2011 at 8:41 am | Report abuse |
  20. Mary

When I saw jason momoa's name I just knew I had to read this. He is drop dead gorgeous ! @get a room-I saw you all over here and I must say-there is no way in he!! any woman would get with you ! You are far from a real man, a stupid teen maybe, not a macholicious man like jason m.

August 19, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  21. Get a room

This guy is a f@g. @beautiful vixen i can show you what it feels like to be with a real man. lets get together and be sinful together..lol

August 19, 2011 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Get a room

Ah, my fan is trying so hard to be me... by the way, I am not interested in Beautiful Vixen... I think that feeling is mutual, and I could care less... try again, fanboy.

August 19, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  22. Flammer Fairy Larry

Back off girls he is mine oh please oh please happy cow let me get some hay so i can roll w him in it

August 19, 2011 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  23. Beautiful Vixen

@Josie: Lol..I hear you. I haven't seen you on here in a while. Nice to see you back.

August 19, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  24. Clyde M

Drogo's dead and has to stay that way for Dany's character to evolve and follow the path she does. This show has been a success precisely because they have stayed mostly true to Martin's novels and vision. Major changes, like bringing back a deceased main character will *&#$% all over that.

Sad that an actor I like is sacrificing the quality of story to try to squeeze out another paycheck.

August 19, 2011 at 1:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Enid

If he thinks the writers of series is taking him seriously, he truly a stupid man!

August 19, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Drtydawg

While I agree with Clyde that bringing back Khal Drogo would go against what George R R Martin has written, remember that it is a cable tv show...anything could/can happen...it wouldn't bother me if Khal came back as his twin...or Uncle...his character was tied for the least backstabbing (tied with Eddard Stark). I would love to see him combined with Dany's character to lay waste to Kings Landing and what is left of the Lannisters rule.

August 20, 2011 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bubba

Dead people are beginning to come back later in the book, but not the way he wants. They could use him in some flashbacks, or in heavy makeup as another character.

October 21, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Beautiful Vixen

OMG have mercy!!! He is so fricken fine! The things I would love to do to him and vice versa is just plain sinful. I won't mind being thrown around the room like a rag doll by him. @Moondancer, Alecia: Hi girls, hope you had a great day. Well good night. I have a feeling Fernace would like this man also.

August 18, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Keren

Hi! I agree with what others have written. Jason Momoa – gorgeous! O'Neill and Shepherd were my favourites on the Stargates, although Ronan was tons of fun. I didn't realise that Jason Momoa wrote though. Yay him!!

August 18, 2011 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
  27. MoonDancer

Fix in tx: sorry spelled your name wrong! I was sitting in the dark. I missed it again. I was out there, but still didn't see it. Peace said it was small. I remember a couple of years ago when it came over. You could see the lights & the shuttle was connected. That was pretty cool!

August 18, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  28. MoonDancer

fix is in 9:02 here.

August 18, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. FIX IN TX

Hey peace & moondance ~ just wondering what time is sp station & is it only visible up in Ind? have a great night and thanks! (caps not working right)

August 18, 2011 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  30. starrfire

I have nothing to comment on that but just wanted to pop in and say "hi girls!" :)

August 18, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  31. coco

Every time I look at Jason, it just amazes me how freakin' gorgeous that man is! Even tho my fav on SG1 was also Jack Oneill, My favorite on Atlantis was John Sheppard (Joe Flanigan-another gorgeous man), but I have to admit that Jason's beauty floors me constantly!

August 18, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  32. JustMe

HE IS SIMPLY G~O~R~G~E~O~U~S!!! Lisa sure does know how to pick-em! first Lenny now Jason...WOW!!! ☺

August 18, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • ectx

i know!! she needs to write a book. Her men are G O R G E O U S!!!!! andi love G.O.T.

August 19, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
    • holdem

Well, considering Lenny turned out to be gay, I'd say she knows how to pick half of them.

August 19, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  33. MoonDancer

Alecia I totally agree with you! I always watched all those shows. Sci Fi geeky, I am! Loved Jack O'Neil, too. He always had the funniest lines. Great special effects on those shows. Have a great day!

August 18, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  34. alecia

Hey @moondancer and @peace! you guys make me miss my sisters! Anyway I TOTALLY agree with you about JM! And just to show off my geekness, he was Ronan on Stargate Atlantis! My fave is still Jack O'Neill (with 2 L's!) on Stargate SG-1!

August 18, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Kapilikio

Pomaika`i Jason!

August 18, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Peace

Hey Moondancer! Lol I guess I'm 2nd! We don't get any prizes, though! HaHa Get out in time to see sp station tonight!

August 18, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  37. MoonDancer

I like this being firsty! He's quite the manly man! He was on one of the stargate series. Ya, baby!

August 18, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |