August 18th, 2011

Christine O'Donnell: Another memorable walk-off?

Welcome to the interview walk-off club, Christine O'Donnell.

When the former Delaware GOP Senate candidate appeared on "Piers Morgan Tonight" on Wednesday, one question about gay marriage led to a terse stand-off...and eventually, the end of the interview.

Host Morgan asked O'Donnell about whether she supports gay marriage, which O'Donnell found to be "a little bit rude."

"I obviously want to talk about the issues that I choose to talk about in [my book, 'Troublemaker']," she went on. "What relevance is that right now? Is there a piece of legislation?"

Morgan didn't drop it there, though. "It's obviously a highly contentious political issue. I'm just curious what your view is. You keep saying, it's in the book, but I'm bemused as to why you won't just say it in an interview."

O'Donnell responded that she didn't think it was a relevant query, or what she's "championing right now."

Finally, Morgan asked why she was being so weird about the whole thing, but since O'Donnell still found him to be rude, she told him as much and proceeded to end the interview.

After all, she'd given up another interview for this!

"I was supposed to be speaking at the Republican Women's Club at 6 o'clock and I chose to be a little late for that. Not to endure a rude talk show host, but to talk to you about my book, to talk about the issues that I address in my book," she told Morgan.

And with that, she starts to remove her ear piece and the camera trained on O'Donnell cut away.

"It would appear the interview has just been ended, because I have the audacity to ask questions based on stuff that's in this book," Morgan told his audience, holding up a copy of O'Donnell's text. "Morgan joked, "I think we now know why it's called 'Troublemaker.'"

Not the most dramatic walk-off we've seen - the Bee Gees and Shannon Tweed had walk offs with a bit more flair - but it's still a solid one. Where do you think it ranks in the most memorable walk-offs of all time?

Watch Piers Morgan Live weeknights 9 p.m. ET. For the latest from Piers Morgan click here.

Filed under: television • TV-Piers Morgan

« Previous entry
  1. thomas mc

How DARE he talk about the things she talked about to make a name for herself.
    The nerve!

But hey, without hypocrisy, the Tea Party wouldn't have anything to offer except lies, bigotry and hate.

August 19, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  2. darladavis

When asked by Morgan why she was being weird about this interview, O’Donnell respond, “I’m not being weird, you’re being a little rude,” to that the interview was over. http://bit.ly/nDAX2v

August 19, 2011 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. heliocracy

Since when do people who accept interviews assume that they're only going to be asked what they want to be asked? I mean really, what's the point of having an interviewer if the interviewee intends to make a speech? Another whacko tea-party moron.

August 18, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  4. James

Why people keep going on the Morgan and Cooper show is beyond me-Pretty soon they are going to run out of people to Crucify. I can only hope that will happen. These guys just don't get it. They are rude undignified chumps. They are darned sure not gentlemen–Just spiteful, arrogant jerks–

August 18, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lydia

Are you sure you are watching the same show? If you believe Morgan & Cooper are rude, I'm dying to know what your description of O'Reilly on Fox is?

I've seen all three and O'Reilly beats Morgan & Cooper hands down for borish rude behavior. He tells people to shut up constantly and berates them.

Morgan & Cooper's questions are to the point without any glossing over.

Perhaps your criteria for spiteful, arrogant jerks is just a tad off.

Why don't you keep on watching Fox, they are probably more your caliber anyway.

August 18, 2011 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Misa

You are insinuating people are dumb for watching this, yet you must've watched the show too if you are complaining about it. Does that mean you are dumb too?

August 18, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
  5. bookgirl

OK, she's on the show to promote her book so she can make a bundle, and SHE gets offended and walks off. She must be one of the stupidest people in public life!

August 18, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeraldine

The RNC is producing an excess of Rogue Nut Cases in US politics.

August 18, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Mad Ole Lady

Well the View showed that what she wrote about them in her book wasn't true. The book is full of false statements and she's just talking out her rear end hoping to make money. She actually believes the lies she wrote however she cannot defend the contents of the book. Why she walked out of interview and hung up in interview.

August 18, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. nellie bly

Time to ride your big girl broom, Sabrina!

August 18, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kate

Why did she freak out? He was only asking her a question based on her own statements and what she had written in her book. She can't go into and interview and be offended if the host asks her a question based on public statements she's made.

August 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. MoonDancer

Mad Ole Lady May we keep you laughing all day long! Have a nice day!

August 18, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. MoonDancer

@BBK, O'Donnell is all about the cash. If you are going on a show to hawk your book, you'd better be prepared to answer questions about its content. She is like a spoiled brat. Things aren't going her way, just whine & walk off. Really Delaware, you wanted her for your Senator? Oh baby, you are so lucky the election worked out the way it did!

August 18, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Randa

Who is she again??? LOL!

August 18, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Mad Ole Lady

LOL. You guys are hilarious. I love reading everyone's comments. Better than watching TV. Oh and by the way I'm disabled so I have the time. I'd rather be working. But everyone here sure brings laughter to my day. Thank you to all.

August 18, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • SSG

Then here's a giggle for you. In re O'Donnell's commercial "I'm not a witch. I'm you."...

Oh, no, you aren't, cookie! This broomstick was made for sweeping _out_ the trash!

August 18, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BBK

COME ON FOLKS..DO NOT LIKE THE GAL..BUT...MORGAN WAS TRYING TO BAIT HER INTO AN AWFUL INTERVIEW..THE LAST TIME I CHECKED..THATS WHAT HE IS ALL ABOUT.SHE SHOULD HAVE REFUSED THE INTERVIEW IN THE FIRST PLACE..SHES RIGHT..HE JUST WANTED TO BE SENSATIONALISTIC...WOW NEW WORD

August 18, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

She said she was there to talk about her book. The question he asked she admitted was in her book. She simply didn’t want to get caught on national TV admitting to being a bigot.

August 18, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Christoff Pistoff

I decided to play a drinking game where I took a shot every time she said "my book." The hospital discharged me only 15 minutes ago...

August 18, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. art

So after she took of the mike she got on her broom and flew to the Retardlican womens confrence

August 18, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeffbaseball

Good one. Then once she parked her broom at the REPO joint it was off to the propoganda lie machine FOX.

August 18, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Misa

Well, he asked her about one of the issues she addresses in her book, and yet she gets angry. How dumb can she be? Did she expect this interview to be some sort of infomercial to promote her book?

August 18, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Loopman

I have to jump on the bandwagon and agree that going on a nationally televised talkshow and being unprepared to answer questions about information in a book that you wrote is almost as stupid as showing up to a gunfight with a knife in your hand. What did she think this guy was going to ask her about, her shoe size or what color of dress she prefers? Just saying,..... it's tough having a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

August 18, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. oaker55

Hanging up and walking off are what people do when they do not have a legitimate argument of defense for something that they have said. Typical Tea Party response. Say something stupid (or just open their mouths) and deny they ever said it, ignore it and it will go away or just open their mouths and say something more stupid to cover it up.

August 18, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  20. SLC

I live in Salt Lake and yesterday Christine was talking to a local radio station (X96) by phone. She ended up hanging up on them in the middle of the conversation. It seems she's making a habit of doing this.

August 18, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Thomas Hanson

Yeah, well what do you expect from a Brit. Dry humor, or no sense of humor. He's an idiot and corrupt from the soul, especially when he worked at News of the World. Just think for a moment what that tells you of his character. He the guy in a pub that your sitting next too drinking a pint of beer and he says something and you just want to beat him up. He is only there for CNN's ratings: Money, Power, and Greed. He's just one of many puppets that have grazed the airwaves.

August 18, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. boocat

What is it about conservative morons who get all bent out of shape when they are asked certain questions? What a bunch of whiney crybabies....

August 18, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  23. George

Hey, buy my book with your hard earned cash......but no questions....I think it's rude to ask questions

August 18, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  24. MadCityBabe

omg this chick cant p__ss with the big boyz. Why so afraid of answering a simple question

August 18, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  25. TJ

No matter what walk off you remember, the Jim Everett – Jim Rome walk off is the most interesting/entertaining ever.

August 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Mike

I agree that if you are going to go on the interview, you should be prepared to answer questions. Having said that, it wasn't just the gay marriage question; he had been asking (in her opinion) annoying questions almost the entire interview. Also, it seems that I have seen Piers interview others who didn't want to answer or elaborate on a question before. In those cases, he would try a few times, then move on. With this, he wouldn't stop until she finally walked off.

August 18, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Babak from LA

I have never been a fan or Piers simply because I would rather see an American news person get that job. I am reconsidering that! ! I liked how he actually did something interesting that made her so uncomfortable. If I were she, I would answer and let the chips fall where they may ..... Well her 15 minutes are getting close to an end .. Good riddens..

August 18, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Garry

Morgan is a British t u r d

August 18, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

True but at least he isn’t tea party.

August 18, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lydia

Why is Piers a turd? Or did you mistakenly print his name? It's his show and the questions were legitimate. He was not being rude.

What did Christine expect? She wants to peddle her book and answer the questions she wants. NOT!

August 18, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. tony

I'm not a huge fan of Piers but as a talk show journalist he is expected to ask his guests questions- and not all of them are going to be scripted. This woman should have known this coming on, but instead she had a tantrum. Is it so hard to say that she supports gay marriage because the public in general does?

August 18, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Dingle

What worthless zealot. Running from her past (which was no big deal to begin with). Then refusing to discuss her own opinion in detail. Just here to promote her book..... Go jump in a river full of crocs....

August 18, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  31. LBWl

In any of today's covens you will find gay witches and warlocks.

August 18, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  32. Spood

She turned me into a newt!

August 18, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  33. Badonkadonk!

she is smoking hot. i hope to god hugh hefner does a pictorial on her. if not her then larry flynt. i would pay big bucks for that!

August 18, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • DJH

You want to see Hef do a pictoral on Larry Flynt? Wierd.

August 18, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Popeye

Yeah, Mr. Hefner should do a pictorial called "The Women of the Tea Party". They may be loons but they are all pretty hot "Palin, Bachmann, and O'Donnell".

August 18, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jeff

She should stick to Fox News where she and others like her are given the questions and answers in advance.

August 18, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  35. giles clarke

A louse ridden rodent has more brains than this disaster of a woman

August 18, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  36. Garry

Gosh..what a loser..If you don't want to be asked damn questions about a book you wrote then don't accept interviews on tv..IDIOT..just like the rest of them!

August 18, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  37. GuestColin

It's too bad this woman is such a loon. She's kinda cute.

August 18, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  38. someperson

So what?

August 18, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  39. MoonDancer

@Abe S- I agree with you totally! Good day to you!

August 18, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  40. Abe S.

Wow, I forgot how utterly unintelligent she was!! Perfect tea party material. With low-IQ, brain-dead candidates like O'Donnell, Palin, Angle, Bachmann, the tea party is a national disgrace.

August 18, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  41. Buffy

Ha-Ha! Piers made her disappear!!
    -a magical feat I never thought anyone could accomplish!

August 18, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  42. timbo

Wacko is an understatement! Your to kind ! Congratulatins to jaay z for being first. I never get first. I will keep trying. Momma said to never give up, climb the mountain, some day I will be on top.

August 18, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  43. willow

Someone should turn her into a frog. I bet no handsome prince or princess woul give her a kiss to change her back. YUCK !

August 18, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  44. I Mean... What?!?

Clearly, Christine O'Donnell is the same jerk as she was when she made that commercial saying, “I am not a witch”. And now she is saying that, “I am not a politician.” So, my question is, what the hell are you besides a Gross Baboon? http://bit.ly/nEZ6JD

August 18, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • michael hunter

My question is if she is not a politician why the hell is she on tv? Did she discover a cure for cancer?

August 18, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Me

Newsflash for Christine, CNN isn't Fox. You can't just stroll onto the set and talk about whatever you want. If you've said things publicly, then you are going to be asked about them. Get it?

August 18, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • truth hurts

What a shame the named their network FOX. The fox is really a very smart animal.

August 18, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  46. MoonDancer

First off, this women is a wacko! I can't believe that the people of Delaware actually voted for her to represent them. Thank God she lost the election. She is just another Republican opportunist. She can join the ranks of Palin, a loser that just won't go away. But the bright side, she's not a witch! We can all sleep better now! Have a great day everybody!

August 18, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • eta

Why can't you believe the people of Delaware voted for her?!?!?! They've re-ected that bozo Biden over and over again!!!!!
      Get REAL!!!!!

August 18, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  47. willow

Wiccans normally arent afraid of LGBTs. Maybe she is afraid of her urges or trying to cover them up.

August 18, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  48. michaelfury

The Jesse Ventura interview was more interesting.

August 18, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  49. oleg

Christine Odonnell is a conservative dooodoooo head.

August 18, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  50. ella

Thanks Monkey Elephant. You are both kind and wonderful. We hope you have a good day too.

August 18, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
  51. monkey elephant

Goodmorning everyone. We hope yall have the happiest day!

August 18, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  52. jaaaay z

Did you know she was a witch that is afraid of gay people? I like wicca folks and gays and i am firrrrrstt too ! WAHOOOOO !

August 18, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |