Bravo not sure when 'Housewives' will return
August 18th, 2011

Bravo not sure when 'Housewives' will return

In the midst of the tragedy of the suicide of  Russell Armstrong from "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills," the show's return is now up in the air.

Bravo network executive and reunion show host Andy Cohen blogged on Wednesday that decisions are still being made regarding the reality show, which had highlighted marital problems between Armstrong and his wife Taylor.

"We're all still trying to process yesterday's very sad news, and looking at how to proceed with the series, which has finished primary production and was set to premiere on Labor Day," Cohen wrote. "We'll let you know what we decide when we do. In the meantime, we're sending our thoughts and prayers to Taylor and the rest of Russell's family."

Armstrong's mother told HLN's "Issues with Jane Velez-Mitchell" that prior to his suicide her son was fearful that the upcoming season of the show was set to "crucify" him.

1. Terri

oh and Andy should be fired first................the whole concept of Real housewives was cheap entertainment.

August 21, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  2. VoiceofReason

This situation is horrible...if Taylor was abused and other castmates knew about it and did not call the police, that is shameful. Cedar Sanai would never let a woman with fractured face go unreported to the police....and Bravo pretends like they don't know this happened? So clearly if this story is true, all involved should be charged with covering up a crime...immediately! If its a lie, and this is a cover story for getting plastic surgery, admit it...This is about the grossest thing ever...the entire show ought to be cancelled and everyone involved ought to be charge with a crime

August 20, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Audrey

Bravo should air the show. All of it–perhaps even outtakes! Okay this fellow committed a rash act. He was in the limelight and knew it. He also was aware that he was being sued for allegedly bilking investors. He'd been aware that he'd been taken to court in the past for abusing a wife and a former girlfriend. His current wife filed for divorce. Now his family is threatening to sue a TV station. Strange that one of the first things to come out of a mother's mouth wasn't "we ask for privacy at this time"...but..."someone has to pay". At least he didn't take anyone along with him while taking the easy way out. Complicated situation for Bravo, indeed. Still, please air the full season, as intended. It is what it is.

August 19, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Ray

What's really sad is that so-called 'reality' shows have become big entertainment. The show creators have borrowed a page from the 'professional wrestling' crowd and have created a similar product, one that is staged and scripted. What is even sadder is that so many Americans watch such trash.....the gene pool is definitely shrinking in America....

August 19, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. BAN ALL REALITY SHOWS

I guess a SUICIDE isn't enough to wake up and smell the coffee . . . disgusting. Lazy networks who have no creativity so they pull people off the streets for a "reality" show. Guess the writers are in the unemployment line like the rest of us.

August 19, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sarah

This is very sad. I have watched the RH series and these girls were my favorite to watch... for one they are larger than life. They have the spending habits and money to back it up that most women envy! And, for this luxury they are ridiculed and perceived to be fake and cold… but I think this terrible tragedy could be used to shine a light on this very dark subject... The BH RH have had some REAL issues with the past season, there was the very public divorce of the Grammers’ and for one, I was happy that Camille was able to have her side shown, what the woman goes through and the toll a cheating; lying spouse can have on a strong and independent woman… if the Armstrong family is willing to work through this season… why not? It may help others out there….

August 19, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. erich2112x

Love the photo, that the look a friend gives you right after farting at a reception.

August 19, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. hillbillynwv

My wife watches this crap, I hope "all" the Real Housewife's shows bite the dust. Tired of hearing all the screaming and complaining while they are living in their million dollar houses.

August 19, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  9. Carol

it's about time Bravo pulls the plug on the entire show..that means all the areas such as New York, New Jersey, etc...it's pathetic to watch women argue all the time with each other basically to "one up" the rest. have enough relationships been damaged yet? time to move on with a show with a different format...hang it up Bravo!

August 19, 2011 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. enufalready

Cancel them all.. and take the Kardashians with you when you go

August 19, 2011 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
  11. jene.

You all make me sick. When news broke of Russel, it brought back very bad memories for me, as my fiance took his own life a month before our wedding.... so since he did that, are you guys going to blame me, like your blaming the show? At one point, we have to take respoinsibility for our own actions. Russel made a choice.... he chose to go on the show, air his life publically, treat his wife the way he did, and then took his own life. Those were his decisions, and not Bravo's. No one knows why he did it, nor knows why my ex-fiance did it, but here is what i can tell you, I do not nor will I blame myself. If he did not want to be here, and grow with our family, and leave our son behind, then I cannot change it.... do not blame Bravo.... I agree they probably should not air the episodes with Russel, but jeez, this is a business, and I am over people blaming others for their personal mistakes. I will pray for Taylor, and her kids, as I know there will be hard times ahead of her.

August 19, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  12. CB002

These shows are trash and I hope they pull all of them. They have no artistic value whatsoever and can actually do harm not only to the viewers but the participants, as we are seeing. Young people still trying to find themselves can easily be influenced by the behavior exhibited on these shows. They're a tacky and cheap way for people without talent to fill air time and make money. Life should be lived, not watched.

August 19, 2011 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  13. Chris

Really, BRAVO? You showed the Atl Housewives afte AJ's death? So now you want to pull "Beverly Hills", what's up that Andy???

August 19, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jayde

It's very sad...but not "Reality TV's" fault. Reality TV cast members know what they are signing up for. My heart goes out to Taylor, their little girl and all of his family and loved ones.
    That being said...I think they should air the season as planned. It IS reality...and, unfortunately, people end their own lives and people die in real life.

August 19, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sue

PLEASE take off all of the reality shows. . .they are so stupid. Bring back real entertainment.

August 19, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  16. Maverick

Yawn. If it went away would anyone with an IQ greater than two digits care...or notice?

It's not reality (except for the suicide)...it's sad, pathetic, and those who are wrapped up in it are no better.

August 19, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  17. Alisha

I think the show should air as scheduled! Why would it be delayed? He filmed it, signed on and I"m sure got paid for it. The decision to commit suicide is embedded in vanity and selfishness. When you were perpetrating that you were a billionare all was gravy, now that you got busted out life's not worth living? How shallow are you!? That show had Taylor throwing Kennedy a 75K birthday party that the little girl was totally uninterested in. If THAT was their reality, no wonder they went broke.

August 19, 2011 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  18. DD

All these people know what they are signing up for. The show is about the housewives and not about the husbands. Scottie Pippen is married to one of the Housewives of Miami and he was probably in one of the shows for a few seconds, I am sure he chose not to be in the show. Dina Manzo from the Housewives of New Jersey left the show because it was not good for her and her family. After season 1 Russel knew what the show is all about and yet chose to in season 2.
    For those who are bashing the show, just change the channel.

August 19, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  19. elvis316

The producers are very upset, it was supposed to be a murder/suicide.

August 19, 2011 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  20. Bill

The RH shows are all about trashy people with highly dysfunctional lives whose actions impact those around them, now with deadly consequences. All are probably to blame. Wish they would just take the rubbish off the TV. Of course, with so much money at stake that' s not very likely to happen.

August 19, 2011 at 6:21 am | Report abuse |
  21. Nita

I have to laugh at all these people who have so much to say about these shows. If you think they are trash, then change the channel. I for one love these shows, they give me a chance at the end of the day to leave my Reality and enter someone elses. LOL I am sorry for Taylor and her daughter, but at least he only did himself in and left them alone. I'm sure the show had very little to do with all that happened. He was a grown man, and it showed on the show that he could be a real ass, so if he used the show as an excuse that he had to live above his means, I am sure he would have done something to strightened it out. You don't just kill yourself over a TV show. Sorry don't believe it.

August 19, 2011 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Maverick

@Nita...so, where did you get YOUR psychology degree? From Women's Entertainment or Lifetime?

August 19, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  22. robert lee

Oh cop to it you bunch of hypocrites. Most of us are just like the people on RHOBH, only on a smaller less affluent scale. Admit it. You all would love to be one of them.

August 19, 2011 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  23. Dawn

I always wondered how much Andy would push this franchise. It was clear that someone was going to get hurt – I just thought it would be a bleached blond CA bimbo or brunette NJ brunette with more ego then sense or class. if someone's death isn't enough to make Andy Cohen and Btavo TV question what he is doing then I guess nothing will stop him.

August 19, 2011 at 1:51 am | Report abuse |
  24. Sue

Bravo should do a series called the Real Consequences of Reality TV. No one has ever come out ahead, not the people being portrayed, anyway. This is a very sad but very real consequence of anonymous, insecure people thinking it would be really cool to be on TV and to be famous and all of their problems would be solved. The winners are the behind-the-scenes network people who still have their anonymity as well as their money. So very sad.

August 19, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  25. LizT

So you show everything? However when it comes to suicide better shove it under the covers.

August 18, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • carla

I think they should show every last minute of this guy's life. Seeing it might show that it is in fact Taylor, not Bravo that drove him to this. And I'll be watching every last minute of it. Bring my Housewives back, unedited, the whole season. Grow a sack, Andy, 12 overemotional people shouldn't trump thousands of viewers chomping at the bit to see what went on during taping. Ignore the care trolls on the internet and you'll find ratings like you wouldn't believe. People just don't have the nads to say they'd watch it, even if they've never watched another HW before.

August 19, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |
  26. Peacefulguy

Andy Cohen is a slime ball and is personally culpable for Russel's death. Regardless of whether Taylor and he "signed on" to the show, Mr. Cohen's only interest is pulling out as much money from the show at the expense of people's lives. His priorities are obviously not people's welfare, but the almighty dollar.

August 18, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • LizT

Saying this is the same as saying McDonalds is at fault for burning their customer since the cup did not read caution hot. Indirect not direct. Although it could be a symptom its not the whole cause.

August 18, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. A

I hope Andy does the right thing.

August 18, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Sharon O

TLC was tagged as 'a place for learning minds' when it started but now it should be' a place for badly informed minds’.

August 18, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Shane D

Of course it will come back, people love garbage on TV.

August 18, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  30. estee1106

Geez...end them all! If you want reality, create some shows about real people who really struggle to achieve every day successes...and do it with self respect and a shred of dignity. There has been and will never be anything "real" about these Bravo housewives.

August 18, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Gail Sterling

These shows are terrible and should all be cancelled.

August 18, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Angela

It's obvious a lot of viewers didn't have compassion for this man who felt so much pain he felt the only way out was to commit suicide. However, I hope Bravo shows some by cancelling this trash. Of course trash sells. Looks at how man people want to wash Kimmy get married this weekend. How about following some real HW who don't spend 30K on children's partys and shop all day?! What a joke.

August 18, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  33. tongas

I wish all the Housewives shows would disappear....worthless boob tube clutter.

August 18, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Babak From Hollywood

I hope by now people realize that there is nothing real about reality TV. It is a very cleaver name and very misleading...

August 18, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Christine D

So when can we expect my favorite Bravo franchise, The Real Housewives of Atlanta?

August 18, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Alex

I smell a lawsuit coming from Russell Armstrong's (greedy) family against Bravo, claiming the show caused "undue stress to maintain a certain kind of lifestyle which ultimately led to suicide." Of COURSE, his embezzlement of millions of dollars and partaking in a Ponzi scheme had NOTHING to do with his stress. But still, I bet Bravo will shut the show down.

August 18, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • feline779

Yes! I wonder why this is conveniently left out of any article on this wife-abusing coward.

August 18, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  37. E

It really is sad that Russell felt the need to end his own life. I feel for his kids in this situation. He was never portrayed as a very warm or caring guy on the show, but he was their father and I can only imagine that losing him in this manner is devastating. That being said, the guy signed up to be on the show, not once, but twice... surely received some financial benefit from it, and then apparently decided that he was not going to be able to handle how the upcoming season portrayed him and decided to take his own life. People kill themselves sometimes. It's sad, but it happens. Granted, I don't want to watch a whole season of he and Taylor going at it, knowing that it's leading to his eventual demise, but as they say in Hollywood... the show must go on, right?

August 18, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  38. feline779

He CHOSE to be on this show. He could have CHOSEN to NOT be on the show at any time. Ultimately he's a selfish coward for killing himself and leaving his daughter like that. If the show was TOO stressful – he did NOT have to be on it.

August 18, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jojo

I agree with you. He knew what he was getting into when he agreed to be on the show. There are other "Housewives" husbands and children that do not appear on the shows. It is not like he HAD to be on the show. He obviously wanted to and then regretted it.

August 19, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  39. jon

Look, people know what their getting into when the agree to be on these shows. He clearly had mental issues regardless of the show. As far as I'm concerned Andy Cohen is brilliant – and his network is one of our faves. Rocco's Dinner Party – come on – this is great TV.

August 18, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark in nyc

sweetheart, no matter how much you crawl up in andy's bum you will never get to sleep with him.

August 18, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  40. a taylor

I am sorry regarding the suicide, but this show is about the housewives, not the husbands. If this man did not want to be on the show he didn't have to be. His widow will obviously need the salary from RHOBH, she needs to think about her daughter now, the child's father clearly did not care enough about his child to stay alive and make things right.

August 18, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark in nyc

wow. you are a bitter biotch.

August 18, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marshal

You belong to a certain category of living beings but I can't tell which one. Suffer from brain retardation much?

August 19, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  41. Dina in RI

I agree about Kelly. Surprised she didn't jump in the ocean after Scary Isles.

August 18, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Dorothy Cuozzo

Andy i love the Housewifes I can't wait to see them on the tube, they make my life boring And I love your show kepp it going

August 18, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  43. MWW

Next, they need to get rid of Kelly Bensimon. If her Scary Island wasn't a cry for help I don't know what was. She is a huge liability to bravo. That woman has serious mental problems. She may be the next to go in this manner and bravo will be able to be held responsible for exploiting her.

August 18, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  44. SSG

The suicide is a tragedy for the family.

Perhaps, however, it might cause Bravo to reconsider the whole 'Housewives' genre. That would be a blessing. Bravo was once home to brilliant programming. 'Housewives' is not that...if anything, it displays the worst of American society. The vast majority of REAL housewives are holding down full time jobs that pay less than $50,000 per year, do not have nannies, maids, or personal assistants, and come home to their second full time job of wife and mother.

It would be far more engaging to see a show that was based on the lives of those women (with writers and actors, please.)

August 18, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tahoma

Perhaps if these mothers worked a bit harder, went to school, and tried to make themselves a better living through education, and got a career going BEFORE they had kids..they wouldn't be whining about 'struggling' to survive. I'm tired of the 'oh, I didn't have enough money to go to college" or 'I had kids so how can I have a career". Gee..maybe if they thought about that before they opened their legs to the first guy who came along..they wouldn't be 'struggling'. People are selfish..they always have an excuse about why their life isn't better. Clearly..they didn't want a better life for themselves enough to do anything about it.

August 18, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • ActualHousewife

If they're working a full time job, they're not a housewife. By definition a housewife is a wife who stays home.

August 19, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • debra

You forgot cook and maid !

August 19, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Tlm

Well, jeff Lewis asked Andy on wwhl, "you're just gonna keep doing this until they kill each other, aren't you?"

I guess he was right.

August 18, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  46. carl

I am going to kill myself if they cancel this show.

August 18, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Sickof it.

I wish all the Housewives shows would be canceled. All the shows are about is who can be the biggest bully. "BRAVO is literally making blood money and Andy Cohen is rolling in it. If any of these "Housewives" had class they would quit !

August 18, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • rker321

What class, ? none of these programs has shown to have any class at all, and for your information the real rich people and not the white trash with money that we get to see. do not behave in the manner that these women do.

August 18, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

ROTFLMAO – like you'd know how 'real rich people' act.....

August 18, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • AnneCT

If you don't like Bravo or the Housewives, don't watch! Who care what any of you think as far as their "artistic value". Do you really think young people are being influence by the Housewives....REALLY??? Get a life.

August 19, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  48. MoonDancer

Hey, itsamemario- I'm fantastic. Getting ready to go to work. I have Friday's off. It will be weekend for me, then. Love 3 day weekends! Already talked to Peace today. As you can imagine, we do that a lot! Have fun with that beer pong. Enjoy your days off. To everyone else, have a great day! Later!!

August 18, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  49. jillmarie

This was the only RH I've watched,and I'm sorry for the suicide. I do hope they air the episodes though. I won't watch any of the other Houswives, for some reason the Beverly Hills one appealed to me- maybe because they were airing the Grammar breakup.

August 18, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  50. itsamemario

hey moondancer how are you? im stoked cause its the begining of two days off from work for me and theres gonna be beer pong hosted at my house. @ peace, b.v. hope y*all are having a good week, be excellent to eachother..

August 18, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  51. boocat

Bravo used to be a pretty good network. Now it airs trash like this 24/7. People who watch this crap must have pathetic lives.

August 18, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  52. MoonDancer

Howdy everyone! Again, another show that I wouldn't waste my time on! Good day to you!

August 18, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  53. alecia

OMG! Bravo might actually have to come up with something worth watching! But they wont. You know theyll show reruns of this show.

August 18, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  54. ProperVillain

One mindless trash TV show about a pack of people with more money than brains down, only about 100 more to go. The world will be a better place without the weekly cackling of this group of utterly useless people....

August 18, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katherine

Amen dude!

August 18, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • marin

You seem to know an awful lot about it...... LOL

August 18, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • xab

You don't like it, don't watch it. Simple as that. Don't project what you like or dislike onto other people or you'll cross that line into self-important, hypocritical Replublicanism.

August 19, 2011 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  55. Vip

I am sorry about the suicide, but glad that a "Real Housewives" show is going off the air.

August 18, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  56. timbo

Dog gone it I am threezy again

August 18, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Chucklehead

Andy "I have single handedly ruined TV" Cohen should be proud. After all, he wanted a reality show and suicide is as real as it gets.

August 18, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • LadyJ

AMEN!

August 18, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carlsbad

How do you blame one person for producing something millions of people want to watch? Reality TV is EVERYONE's fault.

August 18, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • mark in nyc

secrets about his personal life were going to be revealed in the upcoming season, as well as in an upcoming book. bravo should indefinitely shelf the season. and for that matter, the housewives franchise has run its course. bravo.....you've become a cliche.

August 18, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chucklehead

You're right Carlsbad, I blame Ryan Seacreast too but Cohen's at the top of the list. He top Bravo, which was once a respectible network, and ran it in the ground with his reality programming.

August 19, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • CONNIE

This is a REALITY show, showcasing the lives of REAL people whether certain situations or scenes are staged or not – Divorce happens in REAL life; Tragedies happen in REAL life; fights between friends and families are REAL life, folks. This isnt the Network's fault. You watch to tune in to other peoples' lives and these are things that happen every day. I think the show should go on but Taylor's scenes should be cut out this season.

August 19, 2011 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • REMMI

I for one would be elated, when flipping channels, to see the flaming effeminate Andy Cohen go away; my god he manners makes the wife’s look butch lesbians.

Remember the “Trash TV” reality talk show of the 1990’s that no one could get enough of: Donahue, Jerry Springer Show, Geraldo, Sally Jessy Raphael, Jenny Jones, The Montel Williams Show, Oprah, later airbrush into self-help, feel good TV show. Gone!! And so slowly this crop of “Unreality TV Shows” a/k/a White Trash, or White Trash with Cash TV will be as rememberable as the “The Ricki Lake Show”

Reality is out there a Global Economy on the brinks, dysfunctional government, evaporation of the middle class, their minds numbed and glued to “Jersey Shore”, or the “Pretentious Botox Wife’s of Whatever City”

I would love to see the expression on the faces of these when awaken from a self-induced reality nightmare comma where Snooki is the bogyman.

August 19, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. tracie

You are not the real "Get a room" just like I am not the real tracie... get the picture?

August 18, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |