What's the verdict: Lady Gaga's 'You and I'
August 17th, 2011

What's the verdict: Lady Gaga's 'You and I'

In the latest music video from the Mother Monster, fans can play Count The Gagas.

Her clip for the single “Yoü and I”– which was intended to debut on MTV Thursday, but leaked onto the Web Tuesday afternoon - features Gaga's Italian mechanic persona Jo Calderone, her mermaid self Yuyi, as well as the cornfield, piano-playing version of the superstar.

"You must love all + every part of me, as must I, for this complex + incomprehensible force to be true," she tweeted along with the clip (and after announcing over the course of a few tweets, "f-- Thursday").

While some of her prior videos for "Born This Way" tracks have had a lukewarm reception, this one holds promise.

Says Rolling Stone, "'Yoü and I' is a return to form that throws roughly 8 million visual ideas at the viewer...It's more than a little overstuffed, but at this point, does anyone look to a Gaga video for restraint?"

Billboard notes that while Gaga has explained the concept of the video as depicting her traveling from New York City to Nebraska on foot to get her boyfriend back, there's much, much more shown in the actual clip.

"Torture contraptions, mermaid sex, a wedding, bondage in a barn, an ice cream truck, and to top it all off, 'Children of the Corn' and religious overtones thrown in for good measure," the website recounts. If nothing else, "Yoü and I" is "the all-time weirdest representation of the state."

What's your verdict?

Filed under: Celebrities • Lady Gaga • Music

« Previous entry
  1. VL

My interpretation: this video is about her complicated relationship with her one true love. She’s returning from a long journey of self discovery. Before when she and her man first met, he tried to change her and it was torture (the mad scientist torturing her) but they were always friends and lovers which is depicted by the mermaid Yuyi. (By the way, Yuyi is short for “YOU y I.”) The process is so awful that she lets old self die off (her old Stephani) and this is depicted by Stephani drowning in the water tank. Then when she comes back she’s at peace with the world and so this is her as the Dryad in the cornfield with Jo. She has learned to embrace her weirdness and love herself and this is depicted when Jo kisses and gropes her. She’s finally understood every part of herself and why she left and why he tried to change her and has accepted these things in their journey towards achieving love. And she’s returned for him. The last persona is her future: she sees herself as his bride.

August 18, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Tom

Thank you so much for explaining to these simple minded people that the one thing lady gaga does have is complexity. Her music, if you know music, is multi-layered with many influences. Her choices are amazing. Her lyrics are the same, if people actually read them, they are just as multi-layered as her music. I think the problem is that it is over most people's heads. Read a little history. And while we are on the subject, Madonna copied from everyone. The material girl video is a copy of diamonds are a girls best friend, Marylin Monroe...please people, educate yourself before you start to spout all this hate. And for those that knock her music, where can I hear your songs??????

August 18, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • ThaiMae

VL & Tom's comments should be at the top of the page :)
      I can't put into words how creative her mind is. She has visions, references, and unfortunately, not all people are equipped to "get it". Just like I don't get the infatuaton with golf, others might not get my appreciation for a paper and silk Christian Lacriox grown. But to fault others for their preferences is just foolish.

August 24, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Susan - Canada

I love her music.....then, when I look at the videos for a particular job, I find them weird...but, I still think she has a great voice and love everything she puts out.

August 17, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Eddy T.

And she got the grammar correct too–You and I, not You and Me.

August 17, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Janet

Seen it all before, Gaga. Bette Midler did the mermaid in the wheelchair bit before you and she did it classier. David Bowie already wore the funky outfits in the 1970's. And Madonna did the bleached blonde hair and mushmouth way of talking decades ago! Take some time off and find an edge...or a ledge.

August 17, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Played Out!!!

Sadly, this broad was played out long ago. She needs to take the garbage she calls music and fade into obscurity. Also, she should take her fans who need to be lobotomized for thinking she is actually talented.

August 17, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • DUH

You are the only thing that is played out!! Read what Forbes magazine has to say about her....you are hating, and she is laughing all the way to the bank. And she won't be going away no matter how much you bash her

August 17, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. narfzort

is this lady gaga the new barney? my one-year-old thinks she's rather entertaining.

August 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tom

I love the comments coming from all these people, they are just opinions. I have studied music for many years, a composer and artist. Everyone can have an opinion, but those that really know music knows she is so much more. Madonna never played an instrument (did not even sing well, love her, but she is no GAGA. View the Howard Stern videos of her and the piano, no props and then make an opinion. She has brough fashion into today, has made people take notice, and loves everyone, why are there so many haters who know nothing about music. You sound like my 86 year old grandmother....

August 17, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • rico

well said, Tom. you've brought some intelligence, insight, and civility to this thread. thanks.

August 17, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Oh George

In what context would "you and me" be correct? You and me are headed to the store? Grammar rules state that if you remove the "you" from the sentence, then the "me" should read correctly. Me is headed to the store is not correct, sir.

August 17, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • George is correct

When Gaga sings "There's something about you and I..." it should be "There's something about you and me." Using your own rule, you wouldn't say "There's something about I."

August 29, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  9. George Williams

The biggest problem with this song is that, grammatically, it should be YOU AND ME. Did Gaga graduate from elementary school?!

August 17, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

Its all buffoonery with her. We already had to live through one Madonna, do we really need an impersonator of her now? And lets not forget her showing up to the Mets game at Shea in her underwear and giving everyone the finger for looking at her. She must be exhausted from coming up with a new "shocking and outrageous" outfit every day just to get photographed. If she was all that talented, she wouldn't need to do all these, but she knows she's not, its pretty obvious from her performances that I've seen of her stomping around and totally out of her league on stage. I keep waiting for something to impress a grownup. Not happening. She should take Alicia Key's lead if she wants to be taken seriously by keeping it simple and classy. It may actually increase her very rapidly expiring shelf life.

August 17, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Numbers don't lie

LOL I like how you did that there. Stating that her shelf life is rapidly expiring. Um...have ya seen her sales? They only continue to go up. That's cute though, you can keep on wishing but she won't be going away any time soon.

August 17, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • PLEASE........

Alicia Keys, she looks and dances like a horse. Someone should tell her to be nicer to the gays so that the stylists are in turn nice to her....becaue obviously she is not by the way she dresses and stomps her foot when she plays....lol

August 17, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. trumpy

It STINKS!!

August 17, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. shawn

Lady Gaga is truly the first superstar of the 21st-century. Great artists always have obsessive haters, and Gaga's impressive body of early work will live on forever. The haters are frankly irrelevant. She's a great songwriter, a very good singer and a brilliant performer. She's a genius and the biggest star on the planet!

August 17, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. erich2112x

The song is actually a pretty good little jukebox jam, which we hadn't heard from her yet, and the video was fairly cutting edge. She may be growing up a bit here which is good.

August 17, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Beautiful Vixen

@Charlie Crack: I think you handled that pretty well. Enjoy the rest of your day Charlie.

August 17, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Eily

I liked the video, but probably because it's like looking through my pictures and seeing something that shouldn't be there has been added. I've seen those fields, that road, those houses fairly often since I moved near Springfield when I was five. Nebraska is my home and I genuinely love my home state. Even country music doesn't "like" Nebraska. It's the flyover state to so many people, but FINALLY we have someone (someone slightly strange) who sees Nebraska as something more.

August 17, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Love it

Much MUCH better than the Edge of Glory video. I was a little disappointed in that one. I'm glad the fantasy is back. I like getting a peak into her imagination.

August 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  17. GuestColin

I think she's got talent, but I also think she tries too hard sometimes. The song does not match the video. I liked the song. I'll probably buy it. I liked the video. I'll probably watch it again. However, the video seems way more cutting edge than the song itself. The song would be at home on a country radio station. If you mute the video, you come away with one of two things: 1 – the music should be much harder, edgier and nasty. 2 – she's pretty darn cute in that video...and by cute I mean, I'd say what I was really thinking, but I'd get censored. Hot mess.

August 17, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • x

Gaga in general tries to act more "cutting edge" than her music actually calls for, and that's what bugs me about her, her "weird" and "daring" image just doesn't match the music, which is pretty simple, straight forward pop fluff. If her music matched that with the creativity of her fashion statements, then yeah, i'd dig it, but her forced "daring" image just comes off as forced when her music is nowhere close to being daring.

August 17, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • VL

I think this song matches the video perfectly but I think one nees some prior information about Gaga and her Luc.

As the story goes, she met him while she was still making it big and they became fast friends and then lovers. They broke up many times and had terrible fights and he was one of the few people who told her that she would never make it big or become anything. And so back and forth they went being in a relationship and out of it. One day she had enough and left.

And so this video is about her journey back to him after she was able to learn more about herself. She uses a nonlinear story line to tell their story. When they first met, it was almost like out of a fairy tale and they were great friends and lovers and this is depicted by her mermaid and the man having fun with the water and splashing around. He was nurturing to her and the man in the video gives her an oxygen. But at the same time, he was also abusive in that he tried to change her and this is depicted by how he tortures Gaga. Eventually it got so bad that the old Stephani (black haired Gaga) died and this is depicted by her in the tank of water and lying before the man. In real life, Gaga left and actually made it big. And when she returns to the barn and Nebraska, she comes back with greater knowledge and self love. And this is depicted by her as the Dryad in the corn field with her alterego Jo. When she and Jo kiss its a symbol of self love and celebration. And so her hopes for the future are to be his bride and to remain forever with him and this is depicted by her getting married to the man.

I loved the video and like always I had to watch it several times before having it make sense. But then her videos wouldn't be as interesting if you didn't have to think about them. FUN FACT: Yuyi the mermaid is short for YU y I or You and I.

August 18, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  18. Coven

First, she rips off Madonna and now, Marilyn Manson. Nothing original here folks!

August 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Scott Pilgrim defeated The World

It is my personal belief that everything this hermaphrodite does is terrible.
    Then again, I'm a metalhead.

August 17, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  20. franny glass

I didn't understand folk's love for her for a long time. I thought i was too old (28), am generally not into pop music, etc... then i listened to an entire Gaga album and i UNDERSTOOD.
    I haven't seen the video, but i love this song and i love her in drag. I sometimes think that bigots who object to her political opinions are more obsessed with her than those of us who actually appreciate what she is trying to do. Get over it people. You are the equivalent to people complaining about elivis's hips or the beatle's hair. Move on. She isn't going to make society crumble.

August 17, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. alecia

Please tell me the Gag Monster is almost finished!

August 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  22. JulieB

is it just me or does the song itself seem to have a Beatles influence?

August 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • holy guac

Obviously the Queen of plagiarizers has moved on from Madonna and everyone else she steals from. Lady Garbage is anything BUT orginal. People say this stupid twott is laughing all the way to the bank – lets hope she laughs so hard she gets a brain embulism and dies on the way to the effin bank. Stupid, soulless, visionless twott. HATE HER. C'mon garbage lovers, lets hear you defend her disgusting self promotion – ie recycled work of REAL musicians. What a effin hack.

August 17, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. blah

I think Lady Gaga is talented but yet again she has to be so over the top with her wanna-be "artsy" videos. The whacky imagery and the forced attempt at being "different" is just so obnoxious, self-serving, and distracting. Why does she have to take all of her songs and make the video as confusing and pretentious as possible? It just comes off as if she's trying too hard to make her songs deeper and more profound than they actually are. I mean, it was refreshing in the beginning during The Fame era but now it's just too much, too forced, too pretentious, and too desperate. I want her to stop with the antics, the pandering, and the gimmick and start being the awesome vocalist/piano player that she showcases in her live shows. Fans can constantly tell everyone about her talent all they want but until Gaga actually shows it instead of focusing so much on being a gimmick, everyone will see the talent, instead of a freak show.

August 17, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  24. erich2112x

She'll be opening for Benatar at the casinos 5 years from now.

August 17, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  25. C

It sounds kinda country.

August 17, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  26. citizenUSA

Musically I think the song is great. The video is creative and provocative as it should be otherwise why bother? At her age I was ridiculed for wearing bell-bottom pants and a being a dude with long hair.

August 17, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Brenda

The song is good; the video is a mystery. I had absolutely no idea what was going on.

August 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  28. charlie crack

The outfit is pretty wild......must say.......

August 17, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Mike

Boy, she flamed out in spectacular fashion.

August 17, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Pliny

I don't want her to show me a video.

I want her to show me some musical talent.

August 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

Clearly you have buried your head in the sand when it comes to Gaga's talent. She is a master at the piano, and plays it/sings accapella in concert all the time. See the end credits of her HBO special where she sings Born This Way accapella. She is SUPER talented.

August 17, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Tiffany, you're the one with her head in the sand about Gaga's "talent." :D

August 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. charlie crack

Mr. Fore......@BV would have nothing to do with you......and my mom would slap the sh!t outa you.......idiot

August 17, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Vip

My Over-veiw of Gaga: She is a unoriginal bi that grew up listening and idolizing Madonna. She cannot dance and only sings about what she wants and how she veiws things. To my knoweldge, she has never done anything for the good of this country and a meat dress is proof of that. She is not a good role model for children OR adults and is only known for her ranchy behavior and outifts. She's a kid in a grown-ups body and needs to learn what self-respect, discipline, being an adult, honor and secrecy means. At one point in time, she was completely innocent and didn't have a clue as to what the World was really like, but as soon as she got a taste of sin, that was all she could eat and drink. She wasn't born this way, she created herself to be this.

August 17, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • 2FLI

Sin? What the heck are you talking about sin?

August 17, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mauar

Yep. That just about sums it up.

August 17, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jilly

My overview of you is that you're a self-righteous & insecure individual who smugly & anonymously casts judgement on others as an attempt to temporarily elevate your own sense of self-worth, and who has serious grammatical and spelling challenges in the written form.

August 17, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • To Vip

You said, "she has never done anything for the good of this country and a meat dress is proof of that." What a silly statement! The meat dress was to raise awareness about Don't Ask Don't Tell...and as a result of her dress and her dates, the Servicemembers Legal Defense Fund received TONS of donations that night, and got so many hits on their website that it was overwhelmed. Her meat dress was an example of her actually DOING SOMETHING GOOD for this country.

August 17, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • G

LOL "sin"

November 16, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Ka

Love Gaga but I wish she would tone herself down to a more natural state for once. It reminded me of going to the circus this year – two many acts going on to focus.

August 17, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  34. Joseph

O! Imagine the world of information without you...(CNN).a student not yet in university coment on the music network.

August 17, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  35. Jen

I think it's another rip of of another song. Sounds like four non blonds "what's up"
    Gaga says she's original but all of her songs have likeness to other artists.' I'm so over Gaga now and have moved on to more serious artists

August 17, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

It does sound just like 4 Non-Blonds. The verses are interchangable. I liked her first album, but after seeing her live I realized there is nothing at all "great" about this chick. She constantly says she doesn't lip synch...that's bs. She was singing over a pre-recorded vocal track the entire off. Not technically lip-synching, but what's the difference?

August 17, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  36. GetOverIt

Is it just me, or does this sound like something Shania Twain would have recorded....?

August 17, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • tb63

I'll say it one more time: Mutt Lange. Everything he touches sounds exactly the same. Shania, Def Leppard, etc. Not a fan of his sound at all. In fact I detest it.

August 17, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • ECR

THANK YOU! I didn't watch the video because I believe in listening to the music and forming my own images. And after the opening reverb of the guitar – I kept thinking – "Am I listening to Miss Rheba? Wouldn't Miss Dolly do this well?" Thank you, GetOverIt. :)

August 17, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  37. mrhater

I'm getting tire of Gaga getting Headline News, that's 4 or 5 time that I know of this summer , I hate everything about her, I hate that she try so hard or different like dressing weird or doing things that is different from everybody. She just want attention. Watch for the next time u see her it will be a suprise(news headline). Why can't she look or dress normal like other people. She to weird

August 17, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • ThaiMae

You sure do have a lot of hate in you, meanwhile Gaga is preaching acceptance. I hope you find peace in yourself someday.

August 24, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Slips

I LOVE the You & I video, it's Gaga on full throttle!

August 17, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  39. charlie crack

@getAlife- please don't say negative sh!t to my buds....you can bring it to me if want....we have lives and are proud....be nice, be good...

August 17, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Richard Fore

@CC I'm sorry I was so late to this post, I was busy in a 3-way with BV and YOUR MAMA!!!!!

August 17, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  40. tb63

I'm not a fan of anything Mutt Lange touches. But the shirtless guy is hot.

August 17, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  41. Ree

I hate lady gaga. But what a way to ruin a perfectly good song with another over-done, wanna-be 'artistic' video. Sad. Beautiful song.

August 17, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Mindy

I am not a huge fan of Gaga, but she does have a good pop voice. But that's just it...her music, like this song in particular, is very pedantic pop, with no real deep lyrical meaning, just good hooks and nice melodies. I actually kind of like this song, but it sounds like some throwback to the 80s. However, her "image," her "look" and the odd video have nothing to do with the type of music she performs. I love that she tries to be edgy, but her music doesn't warrant it and doesn't match it. If she came out with some really avant-garde music, maybe her image and her videos would finally make sense!

August 17, 2011 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  42. chaoshavok

@Cody thanks for saying she does her music for EVERYONE

August 17, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  43. Lukas, New York, NY

Love it. However, must admit, I'm looking forward to a simplified video next with a simple Lady Gaga being her funny self.

Go Gaga!

August 17, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  44. 2FLI

Not a fan of all the goofy imagery (never have been), but this song is gorgeous and very worthy of praise.

August 17, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  45. Good Taste

Lady Gaga sucks! There is nothing original that she does. It has all been done before and done better. Her music is garbage and is uninpiring to all but junior high girls. She has a face that belongs on the cover of Dog Fancy also.

August 17, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  46. Country John

Gaga, you are brilliant and one of very few legitimate artists in the business today. Your universe might be a bit different than mine, but I always enjoy the trips you take us on to yours. I love how you laugh at the not quite bright and I wish you many many years and billions and billions of dollars success. The video is great, thanks for leaking it.

August 17, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  47. Peace

Happy cow! Too frickin' hilarious! I am "quackin" up! I must be part duck! Lol. I'm afraid you went to wrong barn, though. There aren't any pigs, sheep, goats, or chickens there...hmmm? C-ya! :)

August 17, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  48. Stephen

I think she's full of herself and those who see what she does as 'art' are nothing more than dollar signs in her eyes.

August 17, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  49. happy cow

The horse says naaaay. NAAAAAAY. The duck says quack. QUACK QUACK. See-n-Says are way cool. So is my wobbledy doggy on the pull string.

August 17, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  50. happy cow

I did ! I went and visited the barn ! It was friendly and full of happy critters. LIl pigs and chickens and sheep and horses and goats. I brought my see-and-say with the pullstring. It is good at translating different animal languages. Thanks Peace friend.

August 17, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  51. Le Guin

Gaga is an avant-garde artist, visually and vocally. millions of diverse fans get it. She has unique vision and if one does not get it, please go back to your comfort zone and groove on your mainstream cud. You will not affect her sales, vision, or devout fans

August 17, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Country John

Amen. It's amazing how this kid took control of her situation and is making billions doing her own art. She is one of very few legitimate artists in the business today, and there is not one record label out there that wouldn't pay jillions to sign her. But too late, thank goodness. I hope she keeps on going.

August 17, 2011 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Yes!!! The absolute truth, Gaga is 10000000X more talented than the likes of Rihanna and Katy Perry, while I still enjoy their music, I do believe that Gaga is the biggest, best and most talented artist in the industry right now!!

August 17, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Aggie

How is Gaga NOT mainstream cud? We're bombarded with her from every side... even here on CNN. I'd say that's pretty much "mainstream".

August 17, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mary

Please make her stop and go away! All she is is theatrics and stupid Euro-techno music. And yes, I've seen her performances – on level with a high school chorus member singing Wind Beneath My Wings. Ugh.

August 17, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • myHEADhurts

Mary... did you watch the video or listen to this song??? It's nothing close to Euro-techno, if anything I would call it closer to country or blues. I don't like alot of her songs and her videos can be a bit much, however, this song is so different than the others she has put out and actually showcases her vocals. You should listen before commenting silly.

August 17, 2011 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • tb63

@ myHEADhurts: Does it sound just like Def Leppard and Shania Twain? Of course it does. Mutt Lange. Just sayin'.

August 17, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • To tb63

Mutt Lange didnt WRITE the song. Gaga has been performing it since spring of 2010 on her piano in concert. Mutt produced it, however. Brian May from Queen plays the guitar on this song.

August 17, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • tb63

Doesn't matter who writes the music, everything Mutt produces sounds the same. Big fan of Brian May though.

August 17, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • tb63

Wind Beneath My Wings. That song is more like Wind Between My Cheeks.

August 17, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • holy guac

Well said, Mary. Gag gag is a stupid plagiarizing ass clown. In interviews she talks and acts like a victim of severe head trauma – a bit on the slow and stupid side. I guess she needs more of the whiskey and cocaine she prescribes for a happy life. What a twott.

August 17, 2011 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. charlie crack

Ummm...."you and I" not mooosic true @happy cow....if it were "her and me".....he!! naw! @prezpeace- *note* "while you were working"....@itsamemario-that firsty is surprise sometimes bro...go green my friend..yall be safe, be good......

August 17, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  54. pcsof8

This video is amazing. A visual feast. I absolutely love the idea of keeping a mermaid in a feeding trough.

August 17, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Yeah, and Lady GaGa is probably right at home in a feeding trough.

August 17, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  55. @Zinjo

LMAO!!!

August 17, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  56. Zinjo

"and religious overtones thrown in for good measure," The only religious thing about Gaga is that she's going to Hell.

August 17, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Well...

How can she go to someplace that doesn't exist? Dang... it seems that the bogus thought that since she uses religious symbolism she must be anti-christian/catholic/whatever has taken hold with the mindless of America. Kind of sad, but that's what organized religion has done so well... get people to go along with it without thinking.

Catholicism is just a cult with better marketing.

August 17, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • MyForNow

your an idiot
      there is no hell- you make yourself miseable I can tell- Go GAGA

August 17, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  57. michaelfury

Multiple personalities can be induced by trauma. If you wanted to splinter the public mind of an entire nation, what might such a mass trauma look like?

August 17, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • ginagalligan

She has obviously beem traumatized and her mind compartmentalized and this is her male representation.

August 17, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Peace

Mario, I think we have scary flicks in common, love 'em! Happy cow, Have you gone & met that happy horse, yet? You won't want to leave if you do, all the animals are treated like royalty in that barn! Go for it! :)

August 17, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  59. happy cow

YES ! I was first to post ! I am the mooooest !

August 17, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  60. happy cow

thank goodness i am not a lil monster. us cows like moosic. not lady gaga so much.

August 17, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  61. Codi

Nothing less than perfection as always, this video is entertaining from start to end. As a little monster I couldn't ask for more. She loves everyone and from each video you can tell she does it for each kind of her fans, gay straight bi trans gender, it doesn't matter cause we are all little monsters. Thank god for gaga

August 17, 2011 at 6:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Christine

People that are that pretentious about music have self esteem issues. Please tell, what is "real" music? You know that your taste in music doesn't reflect on your quality of character, right?

August 17, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phyl

Boring!! Same old warmed over Madonna/Boy George garbage. Nothing new or inventive here, but I'm sure lots of gullibile people will love it. GagGag.

August 17, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Love it

@$teve Job$ – just what about that video is a rip-off? I don't think I've seen anything this bizarre in a music video before. If anything, she is taking her own ideas and building on them. She's one-upping herself each time. Girl's got talent and an amazing imagination. The fantasy behind her stories is wonderful. A very welcome escape from reality, which is exactly what entertainment is supposed to be.

August 17, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • To Phyl

This song and video are like NOTHING Boy George or Madonna has ever done. Your comment reveals that you haven't watched the video at all. Why comment on it?

August 17, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  62. itsamemario

damn..didnt realize i was firsty..with a case of the twos to boot..

August 17, 2011 at 6:26 am | Report abuse |
  63. itsamemario

damn you gaga you leave my beloved b-horror movies alone..next thing i know you*ll be messing with my *Night of the Creeps*

August 17, 2011 at 6:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

I love the video. The concept about being changed by a person, and yet still loving them. Kind of Stockholm syndrome-ish, but very interesting. Love her videos!

August 17, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

I love, love this girl's music....but her video's are weird!

August 17, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Arent all music videos weird?

August 18, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |