Tired of hearing 'Kardashian'? Maybe this can help
August 17th, 2011

Tired of hearing 'Kardashian'? Maybe this can help

Make’s Matt Richardson has come up with a device that mutes unwanted celebrity chatter, reports Business Insider.

The inventor’s revolutionary TV system, “Enough Already,” automatically mutes your TV when an overexposed celebrity is mentioned. Brilliant!

The invention is built with basic circuit boards to track the text in closed captions. When words like “Kardashian” or “Lohan” (or any other name you find obnoxious and want deleted from your viewing experience) show up, the TV automatically mutes for 30 seconds.

If you’d like to build your own “Enough Already” in preparation for Kim Kardashian’s upcoming wedding media blitz, you can find the code here. If you’re tech savvy, that is. Otherwise, you might just have to deal with 24/7 party details and the impending pregnancy speculation.

1. @troll

U love you some C.Crack huh? He makes u mad doesnt he? Im glad. You deserve it for all the slime youve said about him. Go get hit by an 18wheeler.

August 19, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. troll

There once was a blogger named charlie crack; his momma made money on her back; then one day the rubber broke; she gave birth to this internet joke!

August 18, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Dweebler

are we really so lazy that we can't just mute the tv ourselves or change the channel? this is so stupid

August 18, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  4. wls1143

Who cares what the kardashians say or do? They are over-inflated pseudowomen whose 15 minutes has been up for some time. MOVE ON!

August 18, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tatiana

All I have to say is the new hair color Khloe has does wonders for her skin tone! She looks so amazing! She stands out for sure.

August 18, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  6. CrackisWhack

I would love to snort a line the size of a volkswagon off Kimmies bum and finish it off with a tall cold 40!...BooYah!..crack rawks

August 18, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  7. MAC70016

Does anyone really care? Very simple, I just delete whenever I see the Kard.....name!

August 18, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. Tamore 2014

I thought I was going to read some wild s**t about the Kardashian triplets and I start reading this stuff m*ther f***ers talking about getting guns after each other.Is the f***ing O K Coral Blog? D+mn you fools are sick.

August 18, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. The Måd Råp3r

Hey charlie c and everybody, hope you're having a good one. Trolls be trollin as usual. Who's the normal looking Kardashian on the far left?

August 18, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  10. Allison

That's ridiculous. I am fully capable of muting my own TV. Anyway, the channels I watch do not focus on these idiot celebrities or even show commercials for their ridiculous shows.

August 18, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  11. Mary

This is the stupidest device ever. Just turn the chanel or avoid the chanel. You no what else is stupid ? All of these stupid ppl making stupid remarks about ppl they don't no ! All day long. Stupid stupid ppl.

August 18, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  12. kay

kardashian is another word for christ. Look at how we worship the kardashian trinity. Look inside ourselves and we will see the beauty of kim within.

August 18, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |
  13. TWJ

I agree with the earlier posts- this is a great concept, but anyone that doesn't want to hear the above mentioned names could just avoid the E! Channel and that would take care of 99% of the problem.

August 18, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  14. Shaun Catron

can anyone tell me what the kardashians are even famous for? kim was paris hilton's random employee who sucked ray j's penis and khloe is a fat cow.

August 18, 2011 at 6:33 am | Report abuse |
  15. Evil Weevil

I don't like it, I don't watch it. It's not that complicated.

August 18, 2011 at 5:17 am | Report abuse |
  16. wow...really?

What's the world coming to when there is ignorant...as in uneducated....and ignorant...as in rude comments being made by people so scared of the world and their own shadow that they post under someone else name on a reputable news site. Do u have so little in your life that your pathetic display is entertainment for you? As a first time posts impression, I can tell u that u are pitied by all for your desperate need for any attention. Looks like no one will even give u the time of day in life so You will take what u can get, even if it is only a bit of cyber attention . all who are unfortunate enough to come across your ramblings feel sorry for you. How truly sad you are.

August 18, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  17. Dee1

John 3:3 Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, unless you are born again,[t] you cannot see the Kingdom of God.”

August 18, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  18. starrfire

Charlie, I know when it's you commenting so no worries. You're a good guy! :)

August 18, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  19. mejazzbo

Already invented a long time ago. It's called a remote control. In other words change the channel if there is something being broadcast you don't care to watch or listen to. Another great benefit for being a man.

August 18, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  20. free

Wats a troll?

August 17, 2011 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  21. charlie crack

At least I got chicken

August 17, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

Hey Jeremy....you can stop using my name now and bein' a fake.....not a good look bro..........be good

August 18, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
  22. free

Not mine either. Wats going on?

August 17, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  23. free

She's all ass but no class

August 17, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. free

Are those 25 million people actually trying to find work? I often wonder

August 17, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. jerry

but isn't this article about "K"? so this article is adding to the "K" clutter.

August 17, 2011 at 11:02 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jamie

Could we do this for Mitt Romney and Rick perry as well?

August 17, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Booby Trap

@ free: Last count there just over 25 million people out of work, and yet CNN talks about stupid issues such as the Kardashians, who feed off the trolls and less educated folks.

August 17, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Jamie

Could we do that for mitt Romney or rick perry?

August 17, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. cantgetright

Man that chick gave me VD

August 17, 2011 at 10:54 pm | Report abuse |
  30. free

Come on u people. Don't u have work to do or something instead of posting this crap. The world needs your help not your negative comments to each other. Let's all work together

August 17, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  31. WinnersonCnn?

Wait are there really CNN blogpost regulars? Go outside.

August 17, 2011 at 10:38 pm | Report abuse |
  32. yummy

I will have kim all night long and when she tired I will take the other 2.

August 17, 2011 at 10:25 pm | Report abuse |
  33. sickofcelebs

Better yet...lets just not watch TV. Go for a run, travel, read a book, or hang out with people you care about in real life.

August 17, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  34. hazzardcountyhottie

Remind again why the Kardashians are famous? I cant seem to recall ANY of them doing anything substantial to warrant their level of fame. And do they really need multiple 'reality' shows, let alone one? Silencing them is a lovely concept, however their shows being cancelled and them having to join the actual real world would be nicer. Cheers to beer & pizza!

August 17, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Antonia

I thought you people hated the Kardashians. I mean some of you sure hate each other a lot more you're talking about shooting someone because they made fun of you Charlie Crack I'm glad you're not my husband.

August 17, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

@antonia- I apologize for the comments made under my name. I am in no way saying I will do that.....not my style....(seriously). I am just being trolled and I am sorry for the way it makes me look when they say those hateful things....be safe, be good.......

August 17, 2011 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  36. dpk921

I just want what they spend each month on eyeliner, hair removal and anal bleaching. Could retire!

August 17, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  37. christina

if your so tired of hearin about it thats why theres a button thats called the off button simple enough but as for me idgaf

August 17, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  38. I am tired of these nothing beings

P A – LEASE ENOUGH WHO CARES ABOUT THESE BIMBOS. STOP, STOP, PLEASE STOP

August 17, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Who gives a d*mn

I'm not scared you're the one threatening to shoot somebody crazy mf maybe you need to meet up with some of these b***hes for real that is if they exist.

August 17, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  40. KimboTron5000

Is it just me or are Kourtney's boobs two different sizes? Yikes!

August 17, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  41. @who gives a d*mn

i have to say the same. if you notice C.Crack always leaves a positive comment at the end of posts. b safe or b good etc etc. lay off, why try to get under his skin by making comments to posts he did not leave?

August 17, 2011 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  42. charlie crack

I do have to say that most of the posts under my name were not me....someone keeps up with me way too much and is being an idiot.......keep it movin'.........I don't change my name or hide so it's pretty easy for someone to make dumb @ss comments with my name.......be good

August 17, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  43. charlie crack

No threat intended.......get you one if you're scared..........

August 17, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  44. sunshine

@who gives a damn- what kind of [man?] are YOU? Haha you cant even say tatas! Im not laughing with you, Im laughing AT you! hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

August 17, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Who gives a d*mn

@Charlie Crack this isn't a threat like you just made but we sell guns everywhere ok partner.

August 17, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Booby Trap

I think everyone's missing the point. More time talking about Charlie Crack, less time talking Kardashian. :D

August 17, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  47. charlie crack

I can take care of myself and drop you at the same time......I wouldn't come to TX. You'd get shot here.......

August 17, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Who gives a d*mn

This s""t is hilarious a bonified real Texan yee haw @Charlie Crack I bet in another life you were a Cowboy (quarterback)of course even better than Roger or Troy,boy I'm scared of you.

August 17, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Mad Ole Lady

Wow. LMAO!!!!! The comments are funny as heck. The reason I clicked on this article is I knew there would be some off the wall comments, but I didn't expect this. You all are great!!!! Thanks for the laugh. I needed it. Now ROFLMAO!!!!

August 17, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Who gives a d*mn

Stupid tramps stfu Charlie Crack says he can take care of himself so go let a real man suck your t#t#s and Sunshine Girl put away your batteries.You need to cook and clean for a dude especially old Moon pie eater.

August 17, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  51. DCdip

Place your bets on how long the Kim marriage lasts You got to feel sorry for the dumb guy who's marrying her

August 17, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  52. sunshine

so you [men-used lightly] who are disguised as trolls are the reason Godcreated batteries!

August 17, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  53. alecia

@moondancer is right @who gives a damn. sisters trump ANY man @ any given time. (hi @charlie! good day so far?) But to all you trolls and haters out there WE LOVE YOU! :)

August 17, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Who gives a d*mn

Charlie what happened to all your male friends?You weren't the alpha then, I guess they got lives and moved on you won't do that because you're not important in the real world.

August 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  55. derp

Who are those four gypsy's standing next to bigfoot?

August 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Rlg

It's a definite YES for me. The Kardashians are famous for what exactly? There doesn't appear to be any talent in that family. Yes, Bruce Jenner was an Olympian, but that's the only accomplishment there is.

August 17, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  57. MoonDancer

Snipe, Snipe, Snipe. @charlie crack- I knew that wasn't you. Wow, the jealousy they exhibit over you! Congrats on that! You all give me a chuckle!

August 17, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  58. [lol] (@GetARoom)

I don't think they're jealous... They're just trolls... It's all for their entertainment and we're feeding them, including myself...

August 17, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Trolls gotta eat too, even if they're failtrolls like GetARoom. I don't want a troll famine on my conscience.

August 18, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  59. Al

Why pay so much attention to these brainless, talentless, stupid COWS ...... Isn't there enough suffering in the world?

August 17, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  60. @GetARoom

I really have to say that C.Crack has got you all very jealous somehow. He did nothing to you. Nothing.

August 17, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  61. charlie crack

I'm in Dallas,Tx.....come here and let me know where you are so we can then set up a time for me to beat you to a pulp........comprende b!tches

August 17, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  62. charlie crack

@moondancer- not my comment.......these idiots really think they are smart.....But to whom it may concern........I am 6'2 225 and proud of it.......I am a black belt, I do make A's.......just because they scooped you out of a test tube doesn't make me a bad person..it makes you look stupid.......we all laugh at you.....find yourself, or when you run into someone real like me, find yourself knocked out........

August 17, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Who gives a d*mn

Yea Moon pie eater stfu Charlie Crack can't have people thinking he's not the man in little group,or are you getting ready to take his spot.

August 17, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  64. charlie crack

Shut up MoonDancer, I can defend myself, thank you very much.

August 17, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  65. trix are for kids

There's more drama on this comment board than there is in Kim Kardashian's pitiful life... Nice.

August 17, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Charlie Crack

All hail Matt.

August 17, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  67. MoonDancer

@Who gives a damn Ok, first off, Charlie Crack is a stand up guy. Then, you go and bring Peace into it. Never bad mouth my sister, buddy! You apparently deal with alot of women with no brains in their heads! We are not one of those. We can tell who is authentic & who isn't! You have yourself a good day!

August 17, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Get a room

What makes me chuckle is the fact that you change sides more times than a girl changes clothes, "[lol]" you tool. Stay with the charlie WHACK team where you belong.

Right on, "Who gives a damn"

August 17, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  69. [lol]

Lol, I have to admit "Who gives a damn" had a pretty funny comment right there. Was worth a couple chuckles. Not really one to analyze the accuracy of that statement, but meh...

August 17, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Louie

I wonder if their plastic surgeon gave them a group deal. They are pretty though.

August 17, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Who gives a damn

Charlie Crack says I'm so full of myself if you're 6'1 i'm 6'2 if you make Bs I make As if your families rich his is richer if you are a third degree black he's a fifth if you can rapp like Eminem he rapp like Tupac in other words anything you can do he can do better.Those females like Peace must wish their husbands was more like this pretentious habitual liar.

August 17, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

Your name doesn't fit.....I'd say you give too much of a d@mn about me....harboring some pent up frustration for being nothing? Troll on, troll on.......you don't bother me.......I will slap you though.....

August 17, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  72. silly fanboys

Starrfire and others, your opinions don't matter. Matt has spoken.

August 17, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Booby Trap

I wish they would pass a law to keep the airwaves clear of stupid dingbat family reality shows. While that's being done, get a pizza and a beer!

August 17, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marin

Case in point:

Yep – seems pretty simple, doesn't it. But then we always have the 'who cares' crowd, who by clicking on the article and then comment on the article thus running up the numbers, which in turn shows the popularity of such articles so there are more such articles presented for the same 'who cares' crowd to click on – well, this goes on forever..... with the same morons at the end....

August 17, 2011 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • lol girl

THANK YOU, AND ISN'T THAT THE TRUTH! I WILL TAKE A CANDIAN BACON WITH THE BEER

August 17, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
  74. starrfire

I'd rather mute trolls than charlie crack!

August 17, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

@starrfire- sorry for all the drama my troll caused today....not my style...(seriously).......be safe, be good.....

August 17, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Bert Bumstead

Charlie Crack is god. The world should be muted.

August 17, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Dr. Say What?

I tried to mute Charlie Crack, but I realized that this world is a better place with him ;)

August 17, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  77. comeon

Can they something that ignores them in all aspects of life: conversation, magazine covers, tv, radio, internet, shopping... and tells Kim that she isn't important twice an hour? And tells CNN to stop covering them. And makes me a sandwich.

August 17, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Who gives a damn

We could find a cure for Cancer before we shut up Charlie Crack and his posse.

August 17, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Matt Richardson

So far through beta testing we have finally managed to mute the inbred known as charlie crack. For those who have not muted him and/or are his friends please confirm if he has commented since the initial testing. Thank you all and have a wonderful day.

August 17, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Get a room

LOL Matt!!! Sign me up for that!

So wait, if charlie broke the mute button how is Matt fat?

August 17, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  81. charlie crack

I just wonder why Khloe or "Wookie" colored her hair.....it really now is chewbaccas color....

August 17, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  82. charlie crack

@Fat Richardson- I broke your mute button.......try again

August 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Matt Richardson

We are currently working on a Marquee Blog version where you can mute charlie crack. Stay tuned for updates, thank you all for reading this article.

August 17, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  84. [lol]

Awesome concept! Then again, why not just ignore?

August 17, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marin

August 17, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

What's that going do ?

August 18, 2011 at 5:30 am | Report abuse |
    • LADY DI

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SICK SEEING THAT NAME IN THE PAPERS, MAGS, ETC AND HEARING IT ON TV.............ENOUGH ALREADY!!!!!

August 18, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
    • SometimesELla

Because ignoring doesn't allow you to play with a gadget!

August 18, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |