Salma Hayek covers the September issue of Allure
August 17th, 2011

Salma Hayek: Being privileged is great

Salma Hayek believes “that every woman is entitled to preserve her youth,” as she tells Allure magazine in its September issue, it's just that the actress, who turns 45 on September 2, hasn’t had to do any “preserving” yet.

“I’ve never had anything done on my face—I’ve never had dermabrasion or peels or injections of any kind, nothing,” she says.

When asked if there's a body part that she thinks looked better ten years ago, Hayek doesn't hesitate. “My boobs," she tells Allure, before adding, "They’re not bad, by the way. I’m not complaining about them.”

What does unnerve her, though, is seeing her wealthy compatriots not share the fun of being rich with their kids.

Salma Hayek's style timeline in Allure

“I never understood the point of being privileged if you don’t get to have the privileges,” says Hayek, who has a three-year-old daughter, Valentina, with businessman François-Henri Pinault.

“Like, people who won’t take their kids to an expensive restaurant, or won’t travel with them, or make them pay for everything at a really young age,” she says as an example. “I think it’s important that kids have responsibilities and understand the value of things, but I think it’s great I get to travel the world with my daughter.”

Filed under: Celebrities

1. pm

Salma is hot and her husband looks like he's 80...lies and says he's 48...I liked Salma more when I didn't know about her slimeball old looking boyfriend/husband. The multimillionaire won't pay court ordered child support because he "spends money on them when they are with me".

September 15, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Chris Honry

WOW ! Salma is a knockout. Makes me forget all the problems of the world for a minute!

August 22, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. esmiles

Go Salma..They ugly and broke people are haters............LOL

August 18, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Danko Ramone

...and Salma wins this week's award for most clearly obvious statement.

August 18, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Boooo

I get what she is saying. I grew up in a working class family. I would look at the kids that were way more privileged than me and get mad that they were working after school and summer jobs even though they, unlike me, didn't need the money. I would think to myself if my parents made as much money as their's, I'd be studying for Harvard, not waiting tables. And their parents would act like it was a crime to spend money – I guess that's why they had so much of it. Now that I'm an adult, I understand the importance of teaching kids the value of a dollar even if you are well off. But I get what she's saying. She's not saying she thinks she's better than everybody. She's saying that people who are well off should act like it sometimes, especially when it comes to treating their kids every now and then. The headline does mislead you into thinking she's being snooty though.

August 18, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. $URY@

u r still hot salma.. love u

August 18, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  7. Salma Hayek is an Elitist Beeotch

Gee Salma, You are so better than every woman since you've never had to have work done. Your gene pool is SO superior to mine, isn;t it. i guess I should just quake in my boots at your greatness. As for those rich people who do not give in to every whim their kids have, those kids will be better human beings than the Salma's overpriviledged children who will never be taught how to roll up their sleeves, serve french fries at a fast food joint and make minimum wage for a living. So Salma, you horrendous rich thug, I will never see another one of your films again. You are a rotten sack of ego.

August 18, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  8. wmskadder

She likes her boobs, me too, though I;d like to see them. Has she done any skin mag's. Playboy, Huslter, etc. I always get a kick from the rich, their paying $100.00 for a ice-cream cone for their kid and I pay $1.00 and still feel the pinch. When one has financial security life becomes very tolerable. Most Americans bust their ass just to get by and keep what the've earned along the way, they didn;t get it by their looks. How much education do you need to be a actor/actress. I respect those who see it as a job and go about it as such, but for those dimwits who just want to see their pic or read about themselves in the media and live the good life, grow the hell up, honest hard working Americans are losing their jobs and homes while you bask yourself in self indulgence

August 18, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. Laurie

I agree with her, being beautiful is great if you know how to use your beauty and being rich is even better! Ugly people have to work harder that's a fact whether you like it or not!

August 18, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mary

@mejazzbo-u r right. I landed a high paying office job with my looks. I was dancing at a club and got job offer from a hi faluting business man. Been my boss for three years now. I keep my job with my low tops and short skirts. Men r so lame. I did not deserve this job. I have learned it very well and am good at it now. I think if I dress like other women downstairs I will end up with them in cubes. I keep my job by being s e x y.

August 18, 2011 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  11. mejazzbo

T&A certainly gains one many opportunities in life. Certainly not all of them deserved.

August 18, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  12. Aramis Ramirez

Nice pair...

August 17, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Stuff It

Useless boob. "It's so great to be rich and beautiful!" Ya think? Do something important and shut up about yourself.

August 17, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jujubeans

Still nothing wrong with your breasts, Salma.

August 17, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  15. insignificant

Everything about you is delectable. I would love to see how not fake you are from the tips of your toes, to the top of your muye caliente body. OMG, OMG, OMG. You and Sofia V. together are the two most bonita latinos ever. One wish would be you two.

August 17, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. inmate

Screw you @ just saying, this is the only form of entertainment I get. I hope they keep talking for another three to four years, for my sake. If you don't like it sthu and move on!

August 17, 2011 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Just saying

@charlie and some....can't you guys just come on and say hi and move on? Its gettin a little out of control now, all day all night.

August 17, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Booby Trap

You talkin' smack, if you don't love the Crack! :)

August 17, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Babak from LA

I think she is such a beautiful woman .... And a class act!

August 17, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  20. alecia

@who gives a damn- BUT WE LOVE YOU!

August 17, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Lisa Kramer

"“Like, people who won’t take their kids to an expensive restaurant, or won’t travel with them, or make them pay for everything at a really young age”

Does this privileged "actress" really think that most people ARE ABLE TO take their kids to expensive restaurants, etc? She is so out of touch and has no compassion or understanding whatsoever.

August 17, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Privileged

Well lime some queen used to say to the hungry peasants, if you got no bread, why don't you eat some cakes?
      Our materialistic stars/idols are totally out of touch, but we deserve each other...

August 17, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  22. charlie crack

@who gives a damn- we are cool, you can be too.........be nice and join in.........

August 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Get a room

LOL "Who gives a damn"

August 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Who gives a damn

Ahh XOXO Charlie Cracks' kids are so cool just like the b***ards from The Jersey Shore.

August 17, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Get a room

Starrfire = charlie crack's e-girlfriend?

August 17, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

Nooo goofball.....don't even know em'.....just good to chat with.....be nice

August 17, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  26. charlie crack

(sic) "needed"

August 17, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  27. charlie crack

@alecia-got my peep! Thanks, neede that today...PEEP! :)

August 17, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  28. charlie crack

@starrfire-sorry :(

August 17, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  29. starrfire

You guys are very entertaining! Play nice :)

August 17, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  30. poorwhitelady

She sounds incredibly pretenious.

August 17, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Get a room

LOL blue link charlie crack. I do have to agree with charlie on this one (wish I didn't have to) but that was a failed attempt. Just stick with your real alias.

August 17, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

Hey (seriously). I apologize for that earlier.....no offense intended....be safe, be good

August 17, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  32. dead grandpa

hugs to charlie. love grandpa.

August 17, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

Why do you have to bring my grandfather into this???? He'd slad you with his cane and run over you with his walker after he shoots you........

August 17, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Alex

Salma you are beatiful. Congratulations on this cover, it shows that at 44 you are looking like you're 25, caliente!

August 17, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  34. charlie crack

Hey Jeremy......back with the blue font for your name.....they're all gona laugh at you........we know you're fake.......

August 17, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  35. charlie crack

I am gay and stupid.

August 17, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  36. charlie crack

She is gorgeous.....no doubt

August 17, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Maurice

I'm in love with this woman from Dusk 'til Dawn.

August 17, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Ulysses

im sorry u guys but that was good. props CC

August 17, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  39. charlie crack

@portal started so i'll just finish/ takin out all you wack bloggers until yall diminish/ we accept all loser, haters and simpletons/ if you want more feel free to get you some/ eat whats on your plate even if tracie sold you turds/ OOTCK runs this so F what yall heard/ the good die young, the rich get richer/ all the fakes drink from the haterade pitcher/ we are the ones that are hot on your block/ and those that dont like it can eat my....oops I wont say it, just makes em mad/ then they cry bout the whoopin theyve had/ come back if you haters want more/ just dont be mad that OOTCK scored/ @portal started talkin bout hotties/ as long as their cool and have nice bodies/ this was just a little off the top of my head/ if I really freestyled on a mic you chumps would be de-d/ left there sittin with your head in your hands/ cryin and gripin that c.cracks the man/ bring somethin to the table, F what yall heard/ head out with tracie and sell those turds/ just be nice, rid the negativity/ anyone tests, come and try to get at me/ we're not scared come one, come all/ when OOTCK is in here you fakes gona fall....(good job @portal, youre the man)

August 17, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  40. deodorint

she is smelly. need some deodorint.

August 17, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  41. ling chow

woooooo. me too. she is ok.

August 17, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  42. KajinPL

She's still lovely. She's probably the first latina I ever had a crush on in junior high. lOl

August 17, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  43. ling chow

I think she berry berry pretty.

August 17, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  44. alecia

Hey @charlie, hey @portal! did yall pick up your peep!s the other day? at least Salma Heyak is being honest about being privileged. and shes right about kids not knowing about the value of the dollar any more.

August 17, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  45. portalpunk

a little rhyme-rap to all

i like to rap, some like it fat, my licks are sick, and no I aint gonna rhyme that
    all the women are hotties, i like to call them my totties
    we all get to have fun and blog, none of us keep our messages in the fog

peace

August 17, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  46. JR

That 1st picture is HOT!!

August 17, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  47. charlie crack

On another note........I'm sure being privileged is great.....especially with a billionaire baby daddy......

August 17, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  48. charlie crack

You did it once again lol......there should be a prize for you @portal.......at the least you've had thousands of "firsty's"

August 17, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  49. portalpunk

I am waaaaaay firsty! Even though I just drank a big soda! Y-E-S !

August 17, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  50. portalpunk

Being FIRSTY!!!!! is great.

August 17, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |