Evil stepsisters, Alpha-bits on 'Pretty Little Liars'
August 17th, 2011

Evil stepsisters, Alpha-bits on 'Pretty Little Liars'

Oh, Aria.

Of course Jason isn’t going to admit to breaking into your house and taking pictures of you while you’re sleeping. One, that’s creepy. And two, you’re not on a show called “Pretty Little Truth-Tellers.”

Last night on “Liars,” Emily and Spencer tell Aria about Jason’s creepy shrine to her in his darkroom/shed. And yet, she doesn’t seem too concerned.

When she confronts Jason about the photos, consequently outing her friends as the people who broke in (oops), he tells her the pictures actually belonged to Ali. Once again, Aria fails to have a normal reaction to this information.

Why does she find it sweet that her dead friend’s shady brother was planning to frame one of the photos for her? Also, why does she want a framed photo of herself?

At lunch, Emily finds that her Alpha-bits cereal has been tampered with. Well, either that or Post recently created a letter A-only edition. A note was enclosed: “The weak link is the easiest to break. Snapping yet?”

Noticing that Em is under an insane amount of stress, Hanna’s mom offers her a gift certificate for a massage. A good idea in theory - but I’ll get back to that.

Spencer and Toby notice Ian’s old yearbooks while they’re boxing up his things. Turns out Ian, Jason and Garrett were members of the N.A.T. Club – N.A.T. being short for a Latin phrase meaning “We see all.” Thank you, Bing product placement.

When Aria visits Fitz at Hollis, his ex-fiance Jackie heads over to give the new girl some condescending advice. I would stick up for Aria, but after seeing how naïve she was with the whole Jason situation, she kind of deserved a little kick in the rear.

Meanwhile, Hanna decides to be a good sport about her dad’s wedding and make nice with her soon-to-be stepsister. However, Mona causes some issues when she insists the girls go horseback riding with stepsister Kate and her country club posse. Hanna voices her frustration to Mona, failing to notice that the PA system is on. Kate and her pretentious friends hear Hanna’s entire rant.

Now it looks like A will be the least of Hanna’s problems. When Kate calls her house later than night, she says, “Training a horse is an art. You have to … take all the fight out of it until it’s broken. That’s how you’re going to feel when I’m through with you. Welcome to the family, sis.”

Across town, Emily goes for her massage. As soon as the masseuse says she’s leaving the room, you can tell something is about to go down. Someone dressed in black – probably A - comes in and rubs Em down for a bit. If only she had looked up!

Emily attempts to contact Dr. Sullivan afterward, but she’s caught off guard by a text from A: “See how easy it is for me to get my hands around you neck?”

When Spencer spots Aria cozying up to Jason, she begs Fitz to talk some sense into his secret girlfriend. Moments later, Fitz finds Aria outside Jason’s house. (She waited by the road while he grabbed the box he found under his sister’s floorboards – shady!)

Fitz and Aria decide it’s time to tell her parents about their relationship. Though something tells me they won’t have to now that Jason knows. And not that it matters. Aria’s mom thinks Fitz is involved with Spencer. She says so, before adding that she’d feel disappointed and betrayed by her fellow educator if she found out the rumors were true.

Looks like Aria and Fitz might be staying in the closet a bit longer.

After accosting Spencer in her own home, Jenna realizes the girls know more than they should.

Per Jenna’s request, Garrett meets Jason at his house to make sure they’re “still cool.” (Dying to know what he’s referring to!)

The episode ends as Dr. Sullivan meets her new patient. We can’t see who it is, or if he or she is wearing black gloves, but it’s probably safe to assume it’s A.

Something else to think about: Could Hanna's evil stepsister have something to do with the horseshoe from a few episodes back? She does have ties to a nearby stable. Just sayin'.

What did you think about last night's episode?

« Previous entry
  1. air jordan 7 dmp pack

I like the idea of being you. People love to hear about you, your story, what’s going on for you, especially the bad. I guess misery loves company.http://www.realairjordanssale.com/626-air-jordan-7-vii-retro-mens-basketball-shoes-dmp-bulls-magic-5095.html

June 4, 2012 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  2. danielle

did anyone notice the mark over the door (where a horseshoe obviously was missing from) when they found Ian's body? don't think it had anything to do with Kate.

August 23, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. megan

Me- No, I didn't read the books.

August 23, 2011 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  4. Samantha

Aria was really annoying this episode. You don't go up to a murder "suspect" and asking if he's involved. That's just foolish. I never connected the horse shoe theory before. Sounds interesting. If would be a twist if the step sis was in on it somehow.

August 19, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Me

Megan- Did you read the books?

August 19, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Meee!!!

I love Mr. Fitz and Aria, but they need to grow some balls!!!! Theyre starting to get super annoying!!

August 18, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. megan

I think that Jason is actually innocent. The more that everyone believes it could be him makes the story kind of dull. It is going to be someone completely different than what we all believe. I think Jason is kind of creepy BUUUUUUUUUT Garrett is way creepier. I have a feeling that Garrett was at the party when Jason blacked out. Garrett probably knows that Jason blacked out and does not remember a thin so Garrett probably tells him a whole bunch of nonsense to scare Jason. I think that garrett is the one who put the note in jason's pocket as well. Thats why garrett made the rude comment about Jason not drinking. I think that Spencers dad may have had an affair with Alis mom and thats why he seems to try and protect them but in the same way he gets very anxious when Spencer brings up Alis mother.

August 18, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  8. Me

no problem*

August 18, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Me

What I don't understand is why Spencer never checked for Melissa in the year book, I betting Melissa was some how involved in "N.A.T." too. I'm hoping that comes up in future episodes, hopefully the one in which Melissa returns.
    I couldn't believe Aria this episode. She had no voice censor and just said whatever came to mind. Well, except for when her Mother asked about Fitz than she didn't come clean about anything but she had no probably outing her friends to Jason. I don't think Jason is involved as much as we are being led on to believe but I still don't like or trust the kid. If I were the girls I would be careful of anyone in Rosewood because you don't know who A is, she or he could be anyone. No one is to be trusted.
    I never thought of the theory with Kate but now that I think about it that could make sense. I mean first there was a horse shoe and now the girls are going horseback riding. I'm thinking that is all linked together. I don't like Kate at all but I don't like Mona either, that may be because I read the books first though. Who knows?
    I loved when Spencer just went right in to Fitz' car. I think now that Aria's Mom is on to Fitz the truth about Aria and his relationship will be out. Plus Jason knows and we all know how he feels about Aria so if Aria's Mom does no further research Jason will be sure to out them. Speaking of Fitz and Aria I am starting to like them more now.

August 18, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  10. MoonDancer

Starrfire- Whatever makes 'em happy. Kids will be kids! Have a great day!

August 17, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  11. starrfire

MoonDancer, I knew that wasn't you. Those losers need to grow up!

August 17, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  12. MoonDancer

Ok, buddy! Really, nobody else's name you want to steal? Not very original are you! That's ok. Most everyone would know the difference!

August 17, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Moondancer

I am hot for the blond chica too. I hope my crazy sis doesnt see this. I havent came out of the closet yet.

August 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |