Jon Gosselin 'relieved' his kids are off TV
August 16th, 2011

Jon Gosselin 'relieved' his kids are off TV

After watching close to 150 episodes of all 8 of the Gosselin kids, Jon Gosselin tells Radar Online that he's "relieved" his kids are close to heading off TV.

TLC announced Monday that the network was canceling the "Jon and Kate Plus 8" spin-off "Kate Plus 8," which featured the twins and sextuplets with now single mom Kate Gosselin.

"By the end of this season 'Kate Plus 8' will have hit the 150 episode mark (including 'Jon & Kate Plus 8'); an exceptional milestone," the network said in a statement.

TLC did note that they hoped to pop in on Kate and the kids occasionally for future specials, but Jon Gosselin - who learned of the news via press release - says it's about time the show ended.

"Contracts have to end at some point," he told Radar Online. "I think everything had run its course and it was time to come to an end anyways."

Jon and Kate Gosselin rose to reality TV fame in 2007, as TLC's "Jon and Kate Plus 8" chronicled their lives as parents of 8 kids. But by 2009, the couple's marriage had crumbled, and they announced that they were getting a divorce.

As for his 36-year-old ex wife, Jon, 34, says he has "no clue" what her next move is after "Kate Plus 8's" final episode airs September 12, but hopes this means she'll spend more time with their kids.

"I hope they can have more private family moments," he added of his children."I hope that this will bring more privacy to my children and that they can get the proper attention they need for any personal issues they might have in the future."

Filed under: Celebrities • television

« Previous entry
  1. this

Woah this blog is magnificent i love studying your articles. Stay up the good work! You understand, many persons are searching around for this info, you could help them greatly.

August 9, 2012 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. walletbiopsy*

Did anyone see the recent episode where kate had a meltdown--one of the kids handled pizza with their BARE HANDS!!!!!!!!!!!

September 11, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. The Closer

How 'bout this... The English language is the afterbirth of civilized language. No one cares anymore except the few English teachers that think they are better than everyone else. But that ia a "whole nother" can of worms. Everyone shut the H up now and focus on the subject at hand.

September 7, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Denise

I have watched this show from the beginning,No Kate is not perfect, but she had 8 kids to care for. when the show first started, she had very little help. Jon went to work, she stayed home. She had to be strong and demanding, if not what do you think that house would be like if she hadn't? if the show had not been on, those kids would have never had the chance to do half the things that they have done because their parent's would never have been able to afford them. And have you seen Kate going out on dates? No.

August 17, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. FlushingAccountant

Jon Gosselin seems to be only PLAYING the part of the concerned parent. "I will never stop fighting for my children!" That's RIDICULOUS! He had no problems with his children being exploited and abused when he was still on the show and getting paid. He only has a problem with his children not being exploited and abused when he ISN'T being paid for it. How nice.

August 17, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lauren

I am very glad this show will be off the air. Kate was a poor parent and a tyrant and was rude and inconsiderate to Jon on the show and they both are guilty of exploiting this kids on tv for money. She is stuck-up and has emotionally abused her kids and behaved in a spoiled disgraceful way on Sarah Palin's show, which is equally exploitative to her kids and is another example of a show that needed to go away and I hope never come back. Jon behaved badly with his affairs, but it is easy to see why he had them. Who would want to be married to such a witch anyhow. I hope these children will have a better and normal live and TLC and other networks that do these reality shows stop doing them and stop trying to make celebrities out of people who are irresponsible in their reproductive lives

August 17, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. calmnool

I applaud Jon for his comments. Always did think he was smarter than she, even though he sometimes didn't act like it.

August 17, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. bailoutsos

Time for TLC to sign up Octomom.

August 17, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  9. AMcCaffrey

He was happy enough to have them on TV when he was part of it – and raking in the money.

August 17, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  10. QuietStormX

Really, I watched the show a few times when they were together. I thought kate had issues that drove Jon away. And i didn't like that the only work Kate got was on reality TV or some show someone feels for her and the kids. Plus I felt Jon got the shaft or bad deal in the press and from TLC. I guess thow that TLC will still pay Kate for the reruns and anything from the show.

August 17, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  11. Laureth

Everybone keeps saying they're glad that the children will now have a chance for a "normal" life. The problem with that statement is, being in front of the cameras IS normal for them. I'm not sure how well they'll handle NOT being in front of a camera. Kate and Jon destroyed their children's childhood by parading them in front of camera. One of the twins, Maddie, is a sassy little snot already so I'm hoping the kids get some therapy or counseling to adjust to their new life sans cameras.

August 17, 2011 at 7:04 am | Report abuse |
  12. S

I'm just amazed that so many are blaming either Kate or Jon for there marriage failing. There is a reason their marriage failed. Maybe it is because Kate was all about herself, maybe it was because Jon wanted to screw anything with legs. We weren't there to actually witness it firsthand. Fact of the matter is that the only ones that suffered in this whole fiasco were those children!

August 17, 2011 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  13. The Grae

Now if they could get rid of the Duggars, those sanctimonious religious turds. They are even more guilty than the Jon and Kate.

August 17, 2011 at 5:00 am | Report abuse |
  14. Peter

I am a 29 years old computer engineer and now I am seeking a nice woman for a stable relationship,so I got a username Alexwing432 on-Meetrich.C óM---it's the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it's worthy a try.The best part is that it's completely free, unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!

August 17, 2011 at 4:48 am | Report abuse |
  15. Aimee

Hey Jon Kate has been spending the majority of her time with the kids. You on the other hand are too busy finding girlfriends.

August 17, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  16. Mariee

Finally a sound of reason, this is no way to raise kids. This woman is boring and disgusting. She made her money now stay away and raise you kids dumb witch.

August 17, 2011 at 12:25 am | Report abuse |
  17. NM

I can't stand KG, and I for one am thrilled that this show got axed. Hopefully she'll get a real job, lost her "$1.1" dollar house, have to rent an apartment or something, and take care of those kids, instead of parading them all over the world to make a buck. It's about friggen time! She is a self centered, controlling, manipulate, spoiled, gotta have it my way, witch!

August 17, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  18. cs

and who is going to support their fancy lifestyle?

August 17, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  19. Tee

Jon didn't seem to have a problem with it when he was on the show making the money WITH Kate....what a hater.

August 17, 2011 at 12:00 am | Report abuse |
  20. rh

"no clue what her next move is"? Shouldn't she be raising her kids instead of worrying about her next publicity stunt?

August 16, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. boob

boob

August 16, 2011 at 10:17 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Kermit Roosevelt

does this guy have Down's syndrome or something?

August 16, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • NM

No, he doesn't have down syndrome. Look up a photo of someone who does have it, in the event you don't know what it looks like. Down's Syndrome is a genetic disorder caused from a missing gene.

August 17, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  23. Leo

Now since her show is gone i predict she will pose nude in a ol' Dirty Book .......Because she has got acusstomed -(miss spelled) to living large....And does'nt like the idea of going to work to support her Litter.....Or she will sweet talk some nimrod into taking her and her litter on......one of the two i promise you....

August 16, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kermit Roosevelt

I don't think anyone smart enough to get that rich will wanna get saddled with her and her larvae.

August 16, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  24. bribarian

I think we're all relieved his little herd of mongrels are off the air

August 16, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Ellen in CA

The real trouble began between these two when Jon had to quit his real job to help Kate with the kids. This meant that they would be spending way too much time together. Ask any married person if they want to be with their spouse all day every day and nights too? Even two saints would have big problems with that arrangement. Now, add to that mix eight small children who are all wanting attention from wherever they can find it. This may have made interesting TV for a while, but no marriage would hold up under that kind of pressure to perform.

August 16, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  26. mark in nyc

this thing is back?????

August 16, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  27. I would do kate

August 16, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Texan

I dont know why Jon is on the America's most hated list. He always seemed like a nice guy. From seeing the way Kate treated him on the show, you gotta know that it was much worse behind closed doors, away from the public eye. I dont blame him for leaving her. She seems to be very controlling and manipulative. I'm sorry but I think Kate should be the one on the "most hated" list, not Jon.

August 16, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Good Riddance

I always thought Jon was a pretty regular dude. I mean who is perfect? Who wants cameras in your face all the time? Kate is such a B%^ch i'm suprised he lasted as long as he did. Probably for the sake of the children. Reality TV is taking over America!

August 16, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Lane

When a marriage ends, both husband and wife have contributed to that. No one is perfect, no parent is perfect. If I were the parent of eight kids, I would probably be very controlling in order to maintain my sanity. Both Kate and John have issues. How in the world is Kate going to take care of 8 children and work. If I were in her position, I would be doing everything I could to provide money for the family. Kate, John and the children all lose.

August 16, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Babak from LA

Jon? what are you doing, by the way? I never liked Kate to begin with but the show paid for the 8 kids expenses ... What are they going to do now? Just taking them to Disneyland would cost over $1000 to get in ... hopfully their 15 minutes is over

August 16, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Sherry

I sure hope that man has a good job and they both have saved some money, that's alot of food, shoes, and clothes.

August 16, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Penny

I don't necessarily like this guy, but he hasn't tried to milk every nickel out of his kids like Kate has.

August 16, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Robert

no one MORE relieved than ALL of america.....

August 16, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Laverne

............and I bet he is not doing his part as a parent. He should work 2 or more jobs to make sure 8 kids are taken care of if Kate is to devote all her time to being at home caring for the kids. This guy is a real piece of work!

August 16, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. sickotif

Thank heavens. That 15 minutes dragged on way too long. Now if we could only get rid of Jersey Shore and the KarTRASHians the world would be a better place.

August 16, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  37. fran glass

When John and Kate plus 8 first came on i actually really liked it. I worried that they were exploiting their children, but initially they seemed like such a normal couple and their "banter" (i didn't know they actually hated each other) was really funny. I honestly thought "finally a reality show where the people involved seem like a REAL COUPLE"
    ...and then it all went bad...
    I guess i mean it did seem ok at the time and i'm sure with a huge paycheck it seemed even more "ok" to them (as it would with most of us who don't have 8 kids. don't lie) but then it got so weird and gross and you could tell they couldn't STAND each other. So i can see how John would be relieved even though he got his kids into it in the first place. The viewers didn't anticipate what a disgusting mess it turned into and neither did he.

August 16, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  38. David M

I think Kate and Caycee are the same person....

August 16, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  39. DeLiRon

Good riddance Kate :-P

August 16, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  40. anna

The mother is the one that wants the chileren on TV, so she can be famous.

August 16, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Al

Funny how he wants the show to end "for the sake of the kids" now that he isn't on it and not getting paid. This guy is a joke. And also ugly.

Oh yeah.

August 16, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  42. DLM

When the show first started, it was innocent enough. Although you could see that Kate ran the show and John just went with it. I imagine their relationship was always that way..and was just magnified by the stress of having all those kids. When big money started rolling in...they both did whatever they wanted. Kate became a diva, Jon became a cheater and the kids were/are spoiled and misbehaved. The twins are the worst of all. I really do hope that Kate gets back to reality and recognizes her awful behavior. The ride is over. They will both be back to where they started. Fame chewed them up and spit them out....and they went for it all. I hope the kids can adjust with the loss of all the trips and attention. They just need to be kids.

August 16, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  43. r

The both of them are knuckleheads just for the fact that they knew they shouldn't be together. I don't the the children were unduly harmed by the series and now they have quite a bit of money for a nice life.

August 16, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  44. HJC

Have you seen "Dance Moms"? It makes Kate look like a saint. Who would have thought it was possible...

August 16, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Chris

The Gosslings should easily be able to fill out the whole cast of Celebrity Rehab 2025.

August 16, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  46. dixiejon

she needs her mouth washed with soap. arrogant,pompous, delusions of grandeur. like most gals they think (and pretty much can) rule with the ol' ho-ha. turn one down one time and they will do anything to ruin you. after married 18 yrs my ex told me she wanted a divorce a 1/2 hr after i walked away from an argument for the FIRST time.

August 16, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • diksukjon

Yea it's obvious you're divorced, I can smell the bitter taste of LOSER from here. Don't feel bad, there's plenty of check out girls at walmart who would think you were a real catch..

August 16, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  47. guysbigbutt

(In lispy gay voice): GO TEAM KATE!! Seriously, they're BOTH losers, so STFU.

August 16, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Rainey

Both Jon & Kate will have to put in alot of overtime to keep the 8 kids going. Guess the "estate" will be up for sale & a move to a smaller more affordable house made. Not easy to feed, clothe & shelter 8 kids on a regular paycheck. The kids are film divas who will miss all the attention they received from the film crew & out in public.
    I won't miss this show at all, I've watched it a few tmes over the last few years & it was a constant downhill slide.
    Listening to whiining kids & parents boring...the kids aren't that "cute"...

August 16, 2011 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • malasangre

i read they made millions (3?) this would have been split with all assets. they will be fine money wise if thrifty

August 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • DLM

You are right. I think the estate will have to eventually be sold to support the kids. I hope that some money was put away for their education. But, I doubt it. That money will go pretty quickly to support the entire family. Therapy can be very expensive....times eight...a fortune.

August 16, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  49. charko

speaking of Toddlers & Tiaras, what mother gives a 6 year old red bull to pep her up?

August 16, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  50. D

TLC can you take 19 and counting off ...I dislike that show the most

August 16, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Cal

Thank You, Lord!! It is LONG OVER-DUE!!!! Prayers have been answered!!

PLEASE!! CANCEL "Toddlers & Tiaras" next!!! God-Awful so-called Mother"s!!

August 16, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Teri

Jon hopes Kate spends more time with the kids? Really? I imagine Kate spends far more time with them than he does.

August 16, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Arp Schnitger

Jon's relieved that the show is canceled? I think Jon's overjoyed that he gets his mug in the national press one last time. Kate, why did you ever marry this bozo?

August 16, 2011 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Kimtllp

Maybe Kate had to act like Jons mother because he was useless he didn't want to work he was lazy. Hello they have 8 kids he needed to get up and do something! i think the money has gone to her head but if suddenly you were offered a large amount of money to be on tv like she was I really doubt most people would turn it down, that show brought her children many things they could never have been able to afford.

August 16, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Teri

No kidding! The original name for this show should have been "Kate Plus 9" because John was really nothing more than another child.

August 16, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Lois

what a LOSER>>>>..It was fine as long as he was benefiting....but now???????......This guy doesn't deserve 8 beautiful kids....Kate is the lucky one getting rid of this joker.....She said they were fine with or without, so best of luck to Kate and the kids........

August 16, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Big Roy

Sure Lois. Thats what all you stupid fish say..."Im better off without him" and "Its his loss" etc. Believe me once we get rid of you smelly fish our lives improve ten-fold.

Remember this..."No matter how good looking she is there is some man out there that is sick of her shyt."

AHH HAHAHAAA!!!

August 16, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  56. k

thank you...now if we could only get ride of the kardashians.

August 16, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  57. cybah

Jon, America is relieved that your ex wife and kids are off the air too!

August 16, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  58. FunShow

It was a delightful show while it lasted. Lots of laughs watching their escapades. Too bad the parents broke up. Hopefully when both come to their senses they will realize this is their bed they made and accept it. They should enjoy it, GROW UP, and get back together. Nobody and no life is perfect. As for those critics, he's right, no she's right. I say Nobody was right, else both wouldn't be separated when 8 kids need both of them.

August 16, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  59. carol

Kate should be given an award for being a fake mom. Her nannies even said in the beginning she only did something with the kids when cameras were rolling and Jon was taking care of the kids. He may not be perfect but she used her kids. Did the money that was earned go into a trust for the kids I am sure not. Hope this hasn't messed up the kids for life.

August 16, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Will

Those kids will probably go into show business for themselves now that the show has been cancelled. Overall, they seemed to enjoy the attention, so we'll see another family of accomplished actors, producers, etc. Best of luck to them for their future. (I know in show biz that's "Break a leg.")

August 21, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Sue

Wow some nasty comments. Oh how easy it is hiding behind a computer screen.
    Kate was a terrible wife. Her condescending ways towards Jon would have driven any man away. She pushed her luck with him and so he left. Kate however is a good mother. She is raising some smart children, they are very intelligent all 8 of them. Hoping that she will be able to afford them. On a nurses salary, I don't think so. Good luck Kate.

August 16, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Will

Now that we know how the reality show industry works to trash the lives of the people involved by their creative editing, we can be sure that we can't be sure what was actually going on most of the time with the family. A character who had quit one of shows has stated that the contract gives them the right to portray the characters as they see fit. The producers of those shows do not believe they can be successful without considerable conflict between characters. It is a pity that Kate and Jon could not have presented a united front. But that would have caused a breech of contract for both.

August 21, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Arthur from Los Angeles

Look they needed the money and they went for it. No what I would do or most I know but hopefully we'll never hear anything but news when it comes to those kids in the future. Both their parents seem like they need lives.

August 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Michelle

Funny how he had no problem with it when he was getting a piece of the pie...

August 16, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Waterboy's Mama

John is stupid, but that Kate is the Devil!

August 16, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  64. MD

Came across this article, and for all those who keep up with John and Kate......WHAT A BUNCH OF LOSERS!!!!!!!! Really, yes you are less than intelligent losers. GET YOUR OWN LIVES!!!! Who cares about these idiots?!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  65. df

I've only seen 1 episode of J&K+8, and Kate on DWTS. I don't know what went on in the marriage but from what I saw Kate is a horrible person and mother. The 1 episode I watched she used emotional blackmail to get her kids to do what she wanted (you're not part of the family anymore if you don't....) On DWTS she got the nicest instructor so upset he almost quit. SHE IS NOT A NICE PERSON! Jon may or may not be a good dad, I don't know, but she's incredibly selfish, meanspirited and abusive. Good-by, don't let the door hit you....

August 16, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  66. art

Hey John go get a job,you waste

August 16, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Jo

I want to give him the benefit of the doubt that he genuinely wants to make up for his previous bad parenting. No decent parents would put their kids on TV.

August 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • W

I guess you do not nor let your kids watch an TV shows or movies that include children less than 15 years old since you feel this way. It is funny that people are against something, but they buy/use it anyway.

August 21, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Vip

DO NOT justify his actions by her faults and DO NOT justify his actions by her faults!! The TWO of them got married and it takes TWO people to get divorced whether one cheats and the other is fed up or one cheats and the other focuses on fame. It doesn't matter. They both did wrong and hopefully one day, if they haven't already, they will see their mistakes.

As for the show, I never really cared for it, but I wish Kate and her children happiness and hope that they will be able to make it through with more than enough to eat, wear, and live on. I also wish Jon happiness and hope that both of them can forgive the other one.

August 16, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  69. DALALEAH

I think Kate is a great mom. i cant imagine having that many kids and trying to keep them in order. i do agree that kids shouldnt be put so much in the public eye but they seemed comfortable with it. we cant judge, they arent our kids. I hope everything goes well for her and her kids. I will miss the show

August 16, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Janet

Ha! Says the "dad" who is fine w seeing his kids 2 weekends per month! Kate is w those kids more than most moms & is amazing! I'm sorry... isn't this the same man on the most-hated in America list? Yeah, I thought so. Jon's only happy to see the show go b/c he's not on it.

August 16, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

Please, Kate has two full time nannies. SHe been too busy this past year traveling around doing appearances and promos. She was even gone trying to pulling together her own tv show. (Apparently that didn;t work out.)
      She has become nothing but a screaming fit throwing shrew.

August 16, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Teri

Carol – with or without the show, she has to work. And, I imagine if she were working as a nurse, she'd be putting in far more hours than she is now. So what if she travels over night for business? Lots of parents do, even single parents.

August 16, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott Pilgrim defeated the World

Most men have a hard time fighting the whole "Every other weekend" norm. I was lucky to get 3/4 weekends out of a month and every other Wednesday.

August 16, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott Pilgrim will cut your d!ck off

Stop interweb-stalking me. Creeper.

August 16, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  71. EricLr

Sorry Jon, she's addicted to the fame. You think for a second she isn't already pitching a new "Kate the the Kids" show to E! or Style, or whatever? You think she won't resort to doing mall tours with the kids if she can't get a new show?

She's not giving up the fame, Jon. No chance. You would have more luck getting a crackhead off the pipe.

August 16, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  72. HorseShack

SHUT UP all you fat lady sweatHogs.

August 16, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  73. manda81305

I really dont know what they expected....every show that's chronicled on TV ends in divorce. They did this to themselves. But thank god the 15 minutes are up!!!

August 16, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • W

Not the Osbournes. They have improved their lives and are still going strong since their show.

August 21, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Tom Leykis

she's a certified trainwreck. No man in his right mind would date a sloppy slag like kate gosselin. she's a manhater and a loser.

August 16, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  75. OldGoat

Does this mean her 15 minutes of fame are finally up? Whew!

August 16, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

Her 15 minutes of fame are over.... She acted like a spoiled brat when in Alaska. The kids were having a great time while she pouted. She was ready to pull her hair extensions out.

August 16, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

Lets hope so!!!

August 17, 2011 at 2:10 am | Report abuse |
  76. j

Time for a job Jon so you can pay child support....

August 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lilly

Jon is now employed and has been for some months. Kate was a witch was alway demeaning and treated her children as cash cows. The question should be is how is she going to handle all these children when she o longer has the funds coming in.... Nursing isn't going to pay for that huge house she purchased.

August 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Melba Toast

A female cat would make a better mom than Kate.

August 16, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • dd

Female cats are very good mothers so I'm not sure why you would compare Kate to one (?). Perhaps comparing her to animals who eat their young might have been a better analogy.

August 16, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Lou

For one I am happy the kids will have a chance to get some form of normalcy; and as much as I dislike the way this whole hting has turned out to be, I wonder how Jon supports his 8 children – the only one (whether we like it or not) who shows a sign of making ends meet is Kate.
    Jon is the poster child for laziness, he never contradicted Kate out of laziness, he was more comfortable having her do and manage everything rather than he being a hands on father. Once "his kids" made loads of money, he quit his job out of laziness. I don't like alot of the things Kate has said or done, believe me she is no saint, but Mr. Gosselin, no matter how you cut it, he comes out trash.

August 16, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

Actually, if you watch the early years of the show, you'll see that he was the only one working in the family. Kate left behind her nursing job immediately. And it was only when the show became a hit and TLC started throwing wads of cash at Kate that suddenly she realized that she didn't need on Jon anymore and she started to push him out the door. Jon was always the decent one, despite TLC's subsequent retcon attempts to make him look like some kind of man-child.

August 16, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  79. margaret

You stinky fish are just jealous because Jon moved on and is having a great life.

August 16, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  80. k k

Nobody really cares what you think John, you are such a d-bag!

August 16, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Juju

Anyone who supports Kate is a loser. They are all old prunes with ex husbands who left them for younger women and are still bitter. If they saw the show, they would know Kate treated Jon like a little beitch. If they didn't see that, then they themselves are bietches which is why they never saw her horrible treatment in the first place.

August 16, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  81. remy

can we guarantee then that we dont have to see you anymore as well ????

August 16, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  82. Susan

He's such a jerk. He tried desperately to get a reality show and keep his star status wasted all that money on his NYC apartment and sports cars thinking he was some kind of star. Let see how happy he'll be that the shows canceled once Kate needs an increase on child support. Jon is such a loser

August 16, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • penny

John was smart to dump Kates ole ugly ass. Susan, YOU ARE A LOSER!

August 16, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Choconet

Penny seems like the biggest loser on this board is you. Takes one to know one. If Jon's so hot why don't you marry him and have a boat load of kids. Anyway I'm glad to see the show is going off the air, it should have ended a long time ago. Both parents were going "Hollywood" and acting like complete fools!

August 16, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Lou

Jon is the poster child for laziness, he never contradicted Kate out of laziness, he was more comfortable having her do and manage everything rather than he being a hands on father. Once "his kids" made loads of money, he quit his job out of laziness. I don't like alot of the things Kate has said or done, believe me she is no saint, but Mr. Gosselin, no matter how you cut it, it comes out trash.

August 16, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • joni

Jon isn't the loser.......... KATE is!!! She was always such a mean, hateful wife and mother! How could he stand being married to her anyway.
      I'm so glad her show got cancelled. She bugs the heck out of me, every time she's on any tv talk shows. Why do the networks even bother to have her on there, anyway??? She is NO star, she is a no-body. Why doesn't she stay home and take care of all those kids? Who watches them while she's off on DWTS, or Larry King, or the TODAY show, or night-clubbing, etc? She's a lame excuse for a mother!!! SO GLAD TLC AX'd her show!!!!! YIPPEE.

August 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Susan

I think anyone who is on Kate's side is the biggest loserface of the world!! LOL pls...I bet you ladies are exactly like Kate in real life! omg how I feel really really bad for your husbands or boyfriends lmao

August 16, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Will

Is'nt it interesting to see that so many females take up for Jon and pan Kate? They're just jealous of the attention and the money. That probably even applies to the feud between Kate and her sibs. Many of us have found that when you get a windfall, relatives, "friends" and even people you don't know tend to have their hands out. When not satisfied, they're quick to criticise, especially if it gives them a few minutes of fame, too.

August 21, 2011 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  83. mochabutterfly

It didn't seem to bother him when his kids were making enough money for him to wear Ed Hardy 24 hours a day. He's relieved that their off t.v. Hopefully he can pay some child support.

August 16, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • walter

Kate has always been a HORRIBLE mother. The kids should be given to John and Kate tossed into jail.

August 16, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Choconet

Tossed in jail for what? You're an idiot for even making the suggestion! If we just went around having people arrested for their stupidity you'd be the first one serving time. Stupid!

August 16, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • TheMovieFan

Child support? Is that a joke?

August 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Choconet

You should be tossed in jail for being such a milksop.

August 16, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  84. alecia

Not much of a chance for her to spend time with her children. She has to figure out how to support all 9 of them on 1 paycheck!

August 16, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Etta Sandwich

This entire relationship failed because of Kate. Its HER FAULT.

August 16, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Janet

What was amazing abt that show was that she WAS making enough $ while still being w the kids. Jon knows that, he just couldn't handle getting the boot from the show!

August 16, 2011 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carol

She has reportedly made over $3 million from her tv shows, appearances and books. Plus Jon has been ordered to pay child support and the last time asked, Katie stated he has been paying.
      She can go back to nursing for the health insurance and benefits and live quite well between that and the money she has already earned.
      Her house is paid for in full – so no mortgage.

August 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

Kate isn't the only parent supporting the kids, where in the world did you get that from? He has to pay child support, and he actually has a REAL job...unlike Kate.

August 16, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  85. starrfire

Hope the kids can start living normal lives if at possible. They have been exploited enough!

August 16, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  86. mgc florida

Didn't care alot about that private time while you were jetting all over the world with your numerous girl friends now did you jon???

August 16, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • EricLr

If you think Jon was the only one to bail on Kate, or that the only reason he did it was to go hang out with younger women, you need to go back and read up on all the people that Kate's relentless pursuit of "I'm famous!! Me-me-me!!" left in her wake. Even her own brother and parents turned against her. And she's went through about a dozen nannies on top of that. No one can stand her for long.

August 16, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • rh

Better to be a cheating husband or a player than exploit your kids on TV for money.

August 16, 2011 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Steve

So can we finally stop hearing & reading about these d-bags?

August 16, 2011 at 10:18 am | Report abuse |
    • K

Someone hold a gun to your head? Is that why YOU read this article?? C'mon people.

August 16, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • SmartPotato

I agree... Never saw one episode, from all the coverage, it's apparent these are two have pretty low IQs but think rather highly of themselves.

August 16, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • W

People do not get to be nurses in responsible positions like Kate if they have low IQs.

August 21, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • a

Nurses have high IQs? Plenty of nurses are imbeciles.

August 23, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  88. thats sad

Really? This is the same guy that wanted this show in the first place. Those kids should of never been on tv at all!

August 16, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Ms. Pronunciation

Should of = should have.

August 16, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

It might have been a mistake to sign on in the first place, but that was an honest mistake. He was the ONLY parent concerned about the kid's well being after things went sour. Kate's behavior was so much worse than Jon's. He isn't an angel, but he looks like a saint compared to his ex-wife. She emotionally abuses her children.

August 16, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • FlyGuyInSJ

Yes, he did. I don't think he knew what he was really getting into, nor did Kate. The difference is that after they were in he realized what a bad idea it was and wanted out. Kate didn't. Chalk the failure of their marriage up to that. Fame ruined Kate, maybe, but still, this looks like more her fault than his and she does seem to be putting fame ahead of the best interests of her kids.

August 16, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Let us try should've = should have. Ms. Pronunciation, perhaps Mr. Grammar coud help.

August 16, 2011 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr NitPick

could have but woud heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. sorry too easy

August 16, 2011 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ms. Pronunciation

If the original comment had read "should've," as you suggest, it would not have needed correction in the first place. "Should of" was the term actually written; "should have" is the correction. "Should've" is also, of course, correct.

August 16, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kay Singleton

Does this mean, he got a job to support these kids now since Kate has lost her income that supported her family?

August 16, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • SmartPotato

Bah! Ms. Pronunciation... that's a Ms. Grammar mistake.

August 16, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

no no .. kids on TV is good for them, the mom makes money, they have fun, you get to watch a stupid fake reality show.
      What could go wrong?

August 16, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Shut Up

No grammar comments are needed.

August 16, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Baffled

Thank you Ms. Pronunciation. "Should of" is my biggest pet peeve on these baords, second being not knowing the difference between there, their and they're. I am glad someone finally said what I was thinking. If one expects people to read their posts, and take them seriously, the least they can do is write legibly. Ignorance is not ok.

August 16, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jan

Any WHY are these people regarded as "celebrities?" Idiots who put their kids thru the wringer to make a buck. Have never watched their show, never plan to watch the reruns and hope we can stop seeing their names in headlines. No. One. Cares. I do hope the kids can have a normal life now.

August 16, 2011 at 8:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • whadaloser

What he meant was "ha ha, now they be poor obsolete trash like me living in a s hit apartment and wishing I hadn't p issed the network off and oh cough cough I meant them not me"..

August 16, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • RamblinRosie

reply intended for Ms. Pronunciation
      Thank you! Emailing and texting have further degraded the quality of our grammar and spelling. I am also dismayed by those in the public eye who say jewlary and nucular instead of jewelry and nuclear. It's a small thing, but I sense you feel my frustration.

August 16, 2011 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • PuroPeo

"Should of never" is not a grammatical construction in English. You meant to say Should HAVE never. Should needs a verb after it.

August 16, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • NM

He never wanted the show, it was Kate that wanted the show!

August 17, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Lost

It was all about $$$$$, fame and ratings...they had no idea what they were getting into. I rarely watched the show, but what I did see was selfishness, blame, misery, and callousness of the TLC network for allowing this family to self-destruct with the "world" watching. The most unfortunate part is that the children were put into position in which they had no choice.

August 17, 2011 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
    • P.J.

Don't kid yourself. If you knew anything about this show, you'd know that Jon never got to make any decisions, SHE called all the shots.

August 17, 2011 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
    • bubba

i ain't no good at english and stuff but i remember "should've" is a contraction of the words "should have."

August 17, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • twofaced jon

Jon really have his nerve after the example he set following the seperation. While Kate is extremely melodramatic, Jon is more immature than any other 8 kids combined and should have stepped up instead of acting out. They are perfect examples of parents trying to make a name for themselves with no regard on the emotional impact their words and behavior have on the kids.

August 17, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • bailoutsos

Mr. Shut Up No grammar comments are needed. ---– Amen to that.

August 17, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
    • hat2us

for the one who corrected the "should of=should have"...you make me laugh. Correcting others and then you didn't spell the work "could" correctly! DUMMY

August 17, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  89. wkdklwn

I wasn't expecting to see that as a comment but you know if they did that, it would probably solve their financial woes!

August 16, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |