The battle for Bon Temps begins on ‘True Blood’
August 15th, 2011

The battle for Bon Temps begins on ‘True Blood’

Did you lose sleep over the past week fretting over who would survive Antonia’s summoning spell? The good news: everybody who matters made it.

The bad news: there’s one less advocate of muumuus and sponge curlers in the world, so pour one out and let’s do this thang.

To Antonia's great dismay, the lone casualty of her spell was Beulah Carter, Maxine's neighbor and the aforementioned connoisseur of comfortable loungewear.

Bill was eager to do some damage control and keep Antonia's efforts a secret, so he claimed that Beulah's death was suicide due to anti-vampire bullying.

He later attempted to make peace with Antonia and they agreed to meet in the cemetery for a supe summit, if you will.

For the most part, our favorite vamps escaped the spell unscathed. Jason rescued Jessica from a crispy demise and she expressed her gratitude by making out with him.

Her decision to end things with Hoyt was cemented after she dreamed of breaking up with him, killing him and celebrating by – you guessed it – making out with Jason.

When she broke up with Hoyt for real, his nice guy demeanor crumbled and he was kind of an ass, going so far as to rescind her invitation to their home.

Jessica later showed up at Jason's to profess her love and he too rescinded her invitation and told her that he couldn’t betray his best friend. The poor girl just couldn’t catch a break this week.

Over at the annual Shreveport Leather Enthusiasts Picnic, Marcus Bozeman instructed the pack to stay out of the Witches v. Vampires kerfuffle.

When a fight broke out between two young weres, presumably over how denim jackets were better than leather ones, Marcus was impressed with Alcide's quick response and cool head. Debbie beamed with pride as Marcus told Alcide that his future was bright within the pack, but warned him to stay away from Sookie because of her alliance with the vampires.

And if you'll give me a moment to do my "I Told You So" dance, it turns out that Marcus is, in fact, Emma's dad, and he's just as skeevy and jealous as Luna said he’d be. Luna and Sam made up, bee tee dubs. They reconciled over a rehash of Tommy's skin walking incident.

Speaking of, Tommy gave it another go and shifted into a wonderfully crass and disheveled version of Maxine. He proceeded to steal Maxine’s natural gas rights right out from under her when Maxine 2.0 met up with the natural gas rep from earlier in the season. Tommy then disappeared into the night with a fat check and some of Maxine’s tackier costume jewelry.

Elsewhere, Lafayette once again saw Mavis, the young Creole spirit, and we finally found out what her deal was.

Way back when the Baby Doll of the Damned was brand new and not at all the stuff of nightmares, Mavis had a baby with a married white guy who killed the child to cover up the affair.

Obviously, this was awful and terrible and she never got over it, so while her spirit was floating around out there in the ether and she was giving Arlene and Terry a bunch of grief, Mavis found Lafayette and decided to possess him.

She then meandered on over to the Bellefleur home where Arlene and Terry were staying and made off with Mikey. My theory? The man she had an affair with was an ancestor of Rene’s and now Mavis is back to take what she feels is rightfully hers.

Meanwhile, in the sexiest basement in Bon Temps, Sookie permitted Eric to feed on her to help mend his gnarly self-silvering wounds. Eric responded in kind and invited her to take a shot of him and later, high on one another’s blood, they had sex in a souvenir snow globe from an Alpine-themed novelty hotel. I didn’t see what happened next because I broke my eye rolling bones. These two. Ugh.

Eric later proposed running away together, but Sookie said they had to stay and help Bill, either because she's a loyal friend or because she wanted to rub her and Eric's Speshul Wuv in Bill's face. I think it was probably a little bit of both.

Anyway, Bill later found them in his parlor dressed like a couple of Sears catalog models and they volunteered to help him fight the witches.

When the meeting finally went down, Bill promised to leave the witches alone for all eternity, but only if Antonia agreed to lift the curses she’d placed on Eric and Pam.

Sookie read Antonia’s thoughts during the negotiations and discovered she was brewing up a spell. A good old-fashioned Renard Parish cemetery throwdown ensued with casualties on both sides.

Let’s see: We lost a couple of superfluous witches and a vampire or two, and Bill saved Tara from Pam's wrath – presumably to make up for sitting on his ass and not helping her last season.

Antonia further cursed Eric – it sounded like she ordered him to do her bidding. Oh, and Sookie was shot by an unknown assailant and carried away by Alcide as Debbie looked on from her perch high atop the nutcake tree. Come on back over to the dark side, Deb. We miss you something fierce.

What did you think of last night’s episode?

Post by:
Filed under: television • True Blood • TV recaps

1. SekemetKali

Shut up Everybody Now!

September 13, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. mintukumar

Hello friendz
    West Virginia gun trader is a forum which is related to sell or trade any gun according to west Verginia state laws. You are welcome to the forum and share everything.
    thanks

September 13, 2011 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
  3. sorceress10

i dont care how many moving parts there are as long as i can get my fix of Eric and Alcide NAKED... YUMMY YUMMMY...

August 24, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Katrine

I just want to know... when is Eric going to stop wearing that stupid sleeveless hoodie?

August 23, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  5. Caisandra

I think this review of the last episode is hysterical. I do love this season, but I'm wondering how Bill was lucid enough to be concerned with Jessica walking into the sun in the last episode. Also, by the time the mist descended on the group in the cemetary, the vampires could have killed all the witches. Why was Sookie and Eric dressed like that while Bill looked cool?

August 20, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  6. Sarah

On Mavis, the doll and baby Mikey – we know that originally the doll was showing up in Hoyt and Jessica's new place. We know that they tried to get rid of it and it kept coming back. So my guess is that the house they moved into used to be Mavis's house. And that while stuck in limbo, Mavis has spent the majority of the time since her death wallowing in misery in that house and dragging that doll around with her. The only thing that prevented the doll from finding its way back to Jessica's house is that Mavis became intrigued with baby Mikey after Jessica gave him the doll. I think if Jessica hadn't given Mikey the doll – Mavis would still be wallowing in misery and not bothering anyone. I agree with others who have theorized that Terry and Andy Bellefleur are descendants of the man who killed her baby to hide his relationship. I think that the ghost mistakenly thinks Mikey is Terry's baby – and so when she wrote "Baby not yours" I don't think she meant he wasn't the father (even though we all know he is not). I think she meant that the Bellefleur family "owed her a baby" and that Mikey belonged to her. It must have somehow been her that started the fire in Terry and Arlene's place, and she must have gotten Mikey out before it started. Maybe the fire was part of her revenge, or maybe she was trying to kill Terry and Arlene so she could take Mikey. OR maybe she burned the house to see where they would go – i.e. to confirm that they were Bellefleurs. She would have been familiar with the old Bellefleur estate where Terry, Arlene and family went to stay as the father of her child most likely lived there. I'm curious to see where she takes the baby – back to Lafayette's? Over to Hoyt's? I can't imagine that Mikey would go undiscovered for long in either place (Tara's always popping to Lafayette's and I think Hoyt would notice a baby in his house). I hope she doesn't possess Lafayette for too long – he is my favorite character and I would find the show much less entertaining if he were absent from a few episodes.

August 18, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. TEAMBILL

I'm very sick of Sookie and Eric's naked scenes. Enough already! I haven't read the books, but based on a few comments Eric and Sookie's love continues even after he gets his memory back! How disappointing! I want Bill and Sookie back together! As for Jessica, I love love love her! And I can totally see her with Jason!

August 17, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tronik

These are the best damned recaps of True Blood around! I always laugh uncontrollably.

August 16, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  9. Nina

I love Eric and Sookie together, but please stop making Eric less than what he was. I feel the curse has robbed not only his memories but also his personality. :(

August 16, 2011 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |
  10. LOL

"...broke my eyerolling bones..." BEST.COMMENT.EVER. :)

August 16, 2011 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  11. Liz in Dallas

Mavis didn't have the baby with an ancestor of Rene – It was a Bellefleur. The guy they cast looked just like Andy Bellefleur.

August 15, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  12. YASHCA

Thank you to the person that pointed out that the doll was Jessica's.
    Where is Crystal? You'd think she'd try to track Jason down.
    Don't forget that Sookie would have a fantasy about Eric from time to time because he tricked her into sucking that bullet out of him. It's not to big of a stretch to act on those feelings now that he was nice.
    Poor Debbie is about to have a break down. Didn't Alcide sense her following behind him. Seriously.

August 15, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. barry

I'm really sick of Tommy's character. The show would be better without him.

August 15, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Carla Nelson

They are letting this Witch take up the whole season like they did with the myaniad. It already half way over an so far this witch should have been gone already. When you have to many people in this show you can't focus on the main people like Eric and Sookie. I want to see them married and have a family I'm tired of this fighting.

August 15, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Carla – you are essentially arguing for the show to end. Because let's face it – no one is going to watch it anymore if they stop fighting, have Sookie and Eric get married and have kids. And the show cannot end for several reasons: 1. the people involved in making the show won't make any more money 2. the viewers want to see more – I don't think anyone on this forum wants the show to end 3. in world full of supes with vendettas, peace isn't exactly around the corner...

August 18, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  15. Elle

<3 I love the season! i love the Sookie/Eric affair and i want to see them together together cuz they are soo cute. no more of bill and sookie, ewww. I want Eric to go back to the badass he was but still be with sookie and stay madly in love with her. Bill annoys me in the season along with Tara. cant wait till next sunday :)

August 15, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  16. kim

in regards to Mavis, the ghost lady...that ugly doll that mikey plays with originally belonged to Jessica....remember in a previous episode..hoyt had told Jessica to get rid of the doll because it was creepy..She gave it to Mikey and said that the doll had been in her family for like ever....

August 15, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • kim

sorry my memory slipped me...the doll was in the house when Jessica and Hoyt moved in..they tried getting rid of it once but it came back so then Jessica gave it to Mikey.

August 15, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • StephiJ1

No......when Jessica and Hoyt moved into their house, I think Maxine and that crazy little girl that was after Hoyt put that doll in the house.....I think she just told them that to get rid of the doll.....either that or it was already in the house and they found it....

August 23, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  17. DERRY'O

JESSICA being saved and then leaving HOYT was the best part of last nights show. OK seeing SOOKIE in the buff was fun ETC. But lets get on with it were is all this going? And when are they going to knock off SAMS kid brother? He's a broken record.

August 15, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Heidi

Alright...ENOUGH of Eric & Sookie naked. I enjoyed it at first I'll admit it. But seriously I am in agreement with all of the other trubies there. He will get his memory back folks and then he is back to his old self...and well. Sookie turns to Alcide of course. They will have a lil thang goin on, but I believe that in one of Debbie's white trash jealous rages Sookie is going to take her out. Sookie's heart is truly with Eric, and Alcide will become involved in the very pack politics he so despises. The timing is always off with those two, in the end they make better friends though. We all KNEW that Marcus was infact Emm's father. Of course when he realizes that Sam is a pretty powerful shifter I think he'll back off. It would be nice if someone threw the collie a bone for a change. Tommy..Tommy..Tommy...he is just the same ol' dummy. ALTHOUGH THE PART WHERE HE PLAYED MAXINE WAS HILARIOUS! Wondering if eventually Sam is going to get pushed too far & he ends Tommy and then the skinwalker is Sam. Imagine that. Jessica broke up with Hoyt THANK GOD. It was funny when he actually got some balls for once, but geez he was really mean to Jessica. I'm not gonna lie and say that after she glamoured him to spare hurting him the first time she didnt deserve a little of it it, but to recind her invitation? That could come back to bite him later. Of course Jason is trying to resist Jessica because it's a classic "my best friends girl" scenario...we'll see how long he can do it. Anyone else wondering where in the world Crystal has been? ANTONIA has made Eric her servant...when he snaps out of it he's going to kill Marnie. Andy needs to go to drug treatment center. I do however think that LaLa taking Mikey is going to end up much as Bill & Portia. Somehow some way that child that was murdered long ago is going to play into the Bellfleur lineage again. What happened to Jesus? he still in Mexico with his crazy grandpa or what? I think Jesus' is supposed to use Lafeyette for something bad...last week he told him "he was the answer"...answer FOR WHAT?! SOOKIE GETS SHOT...HO HUM

August 15, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ms.tuppet

Love this Show

August 15, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Laurie

True Blood is a major disappointment. How did it get so stupid? And Sookie....you act human for a day and she is in love. She really needs some help. What happened to her fire and courage? She is a cookie cut out now. Not happy.

August 15, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  21. reddeborah

The Eric/Sookie romance is as dull as dirt – they have no chemistry at all and when we watch them "making love" we all laugh. Everything else is fine – but Eric needs to change back to his mean old self, but then the story line will be "will she or won't she" still love him? I say less Eric/Sookie and more weres and witches.

August 15, 2011 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  22. tonyt

Bout to get serious up in there

August 15, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Nikki

Your description of last nights show was better than episode itself and I LOVED the 50+ minutes I spent watching it all unfold.

August 15, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Messy Fangs

The past two episodes have left me rolling my eyes and groaning. I'm trying to be patient waiting for all the loose ends to start coming together. Why must Sookie always have to be a damsel in distress. I swear I'd bite her myself and end that crap if I could. Anyway, if the story doesn't start coming together and picking up the pace soon I'm going to start feeding on my neighbors!

August 15, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  25. hank

I never liked that 80's show but i did no write posts about how much i did not like it i just stoped watching it. so much easier.

August 15, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. victoria

I think the part with Mav has nothing to do with the Bellflures. Remember the baby she brought for her child in the flashback?? I belive that is the same doll that mikey has, so she is just thinking that is her baby.

August 15, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  27. AngieF

Yeah this season has had it's ups & downs. It is also crazy & all over the place. But what a lot of people don't like about Eric being nice is how the books go! I have read all of them & LOVE the books and the show. I like that they kept Lafayette because he gets killed early in the book & is not a main character. I agree that the show has been a bit crazy & different but I am still a fan & can't wait to see how everything pans out!

August 15, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  28. TCBR

I think Mavis had an illegitimate child of either Compton or Bellfleur descendants. And some how it will tie every body up in to one Hell of a mess.

August 15, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  29. C

I thought it was a pretty good episode. I'm very tired of the singing ghost lady and the Sookie/Eric love affair. I'm very glad Jessica lived and I did like the battle at the end. I can't wait til next week.

August 15, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Heidi

Ok read all the books & watch episodes over & over again. I have a V addiction> lol >stand by for my thoughts...lol

August 15, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  31. trickster3

I was a fan, now im sort of becoming less so. Sookie: really? She flips from one vampire to the next, perpetually covered in blood, always having nothing but trouble to the point where you cant even keep a steady job while flirting teasing a werewolf. WHY? Sookie makes no sense at all. HEr faerie godmother, who did nothing but save her neck, the best she got from sooki was "Eric you killed my faerie godmother" I mean seriously? I hope Madb comes back and just kicks sookiie from earth to the fariy land.

Seriously, just do not get that characters rational at all in staying with a bunch of vampires who only see her as a very delightful dinner.

I hope Tara becomes a Blade-like character and starts killing vamps left and right.......

August 15, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Jack

A 20 says they dig a wooden bullet out of sookie from Tara's gun.

August 15, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  33. CKC

Makayla makes a valid point, not sure if she was shot with a silver bullet. I guess the bright side if it is pure silver, Sookie wouldn't need a tetnis shot. I also agree that folks need to quit complaining and take the show for what it's suppose to be, a guitly pleasure, fun and way to escape our humdrum world, if only for 45 minutes or so.....

August 15, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Jet

I like the way they stick to the foundation of the books and mix things up and have fun with the characters.
    It's like reading the books again but with different surprises.
    I hope sookie becomes a telepathic vampire.

August 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. hatebyte

I have not missed an episode yet and I hate myself. Its like it was written by no talent college kids the night before it was due. Crowbar this, crowbar that. whatever get it done. No respect for the audience. Im out this time

August 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Makayla

All of you quit complaining. The season is great, imo. Yes, it's different than the other seasons, but the whole witch fiasco in the books was very different as well. I think they're doing great!

August 15, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • AngieF

I agree with you! I think most of the people who are upset did not read the books. In this part of the books it was crazy with a bunch of different things going on. So I can understand how people can be confused & feel like its too much but I think they are doing a pretty good job! Cant wait for the next couple of episodes. I think people will start getting happier!

August 15, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • GDMS

I read all the books and agree with those that think this season is haphazard and ridiculous. While this was the most boring of the books, the real problem are the additions made in the show that were not in the book – i.e. sam's brother, tara as a main character (have hated her self-loathing, whiny and crying character since season 1), and the arlene/terry storyline. Some of these storylines border on the ridiculous or are just plain old boring. Not all of it is bad though, as I like the Bill as king storyline and the witch stuff is interesting, but for an HBO show, there are a lot of weak stories and characters this season.

August 15, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Name*Charlette Robinson

It. was damn. Good

August 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Marla Commonsense

I love TB and agree with lots of the comments, but my real question is how Stephen Moyer is handling his wife making out passionately (although acted) with Alexander Skarsgard?!? I'm a girl, but boy would I be jelous! Can't wait for Sookie to be back with Bill.

August 15, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • OverReadr

Well, Bill did get with Portia Bellefleur this season ... the set must be an absolute riot. And Eric, Sooksters & Billy did pose nude on the cover of Rolling Stone; Imagination, start your engines!

August 15, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kim Gravitt

Unless they totally get away from the books, Sookie doesn't get back with Bill. I've read all of them including the newest one and so far still no Bill. But the writers' are really stretching their imagination, so anything is possible. And I really wish the Tommy character would get killed quickly. He's not even in the books.

August 15, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Mah

Last night's episode was ridiculous. And not in a good way.

August 15, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  40. CKC

Ok. maybe it's just me, but just before sookie got shot didn't she just feed on Eric. Then in the trailer Bill's trying to get her to drink his blood. What did I miss. Eric's blood should have still been in her system, therefore saving her. Come on.

August 15, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Makayla

Well, if she was shot by the vampire's men.. don't they use silver bullets? I think I saw that in a previous episode. If they were, would it negate the vamp blood?

August 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Danny

The preview to the next episode may be what you're looking for.

August 15, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  41. flyboy

My theory on Mavis’s fascination with Arlene’s baby…and it has nothing to do with Rene (red herring, anyone?) I think the father/killer of Mavis’s baby was one of the Bellefleurs, possibly by marriage. He said he worked for his wife’s father. So Mavis has come to claim a Bellfleur child…because Terry is really Mikey’s father after all!

August 15, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • drumrunner78

That's what I thought too – that he is probably a Bellefleur.

August 15, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

I agree! I was thinking Mavis' baby daddy was some relation to the Bellfleur's and Terry will end up being the father of Mikey after all...

August 15, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • nacho mama

That's far more plausible than Rene's ancestor. OMG, more plausible on a vampire soap opera???

August 15, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Soljagurl

IT WAS AWESOME!!! I love True Blood. Whats the story line with Sookie and Alcide??? Hmmmmmmm???

August 15, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • telle

thought it was a great lead in for next weeks episode, I'm very curious about Sookie and Alcide??? I'm still trying to get used to her and Eric although it won't be long before they split. I'm also curious to see how the Lafayette story line develops.

August 15, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • OverReader

Bring on Quinn the were-tiger!!!

August 15, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jess

OMFG QUINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN <3

They just have to play it out since Alcide's "wife" was supposed to be blown into bits by a rifle like a book ago (if they're going to do anything right, Debbie needs to die by the end of this season or I'm going to reach into the tv and kill her myself- Alcide's way too much of an alpha wolf in the books to have a stupid idiot wife who, you KNOW, will get addicted to V again...)

August 18, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  43. Day One Fan!

I miss all the charactors the way they were, I don't mind when they get meaner but whimpier doesn't work for me. I'm glued to the show but disappointed in the story lines, where are the jaw dropping endings? I'm not giving up, been a fan since 1st episode & read all the books but the show is not the same.

August 15, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  44. A.D.

Yes, kudos to the writer.

August 15, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  45. jball

I'm a big fan but to me this season has been the worse.

August 15, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • MG

I really wish they'd stop with Jason, Tara and the baby...dig into the witch, eric, bill, jessica and ramp it up! The last few episodes have been boring

August 15, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Sjane

I am getting a little tired of the teasing then c0ck blocking of Tara's possible demise. Just get rid of her already! Every time she ends up in a predicament that might end in her death, my husband and I both chime in with a surround-sound like chant "Do it! Kill her! Do it!" ... Sadly, this never happens.

August 15, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  47. Aguirreboy

I'd like to see the Vampires be more dominating. Lately the casualties have involved more camps and they've been dying relatively easy. I can't wait to see Sam's brother finally get his. His character bugs the heck out of me.

August 15, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  48. bette

I never liked Tara (an annoying character) and would have been glad if Pam killed her off last night.

August 15, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Default Watcher

I agree with you about the character Tara. Everytime it got to her part it becomes boring. Some of the story line has been good but I just don't like her.

August 15, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melanie

I have to wonder if it is because they have to blow her up so much. She is such a small player in the books.

August 15, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Melissa

Incidentally, I find Hoyt annoying. I don't blame Jessica for this.

August 15, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  50. Melissa

I LOVE this show.

However, I'm getting really sick of the way Eric is acting. He is by far the coolest vampire on this show, and this weak sweet guy thing is getting really annoying.

Tommy makes me want to beat him to a pulp. Poor Jessica just can't catch a break on anything. Very very glad Jason isn't such an idiot anymore, he's much cooler this way.

Antonia is so massively cool. I'm a little at a loss as to why no one has put a bullet in her head.

August 15, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Makayla

In the books, Eric loses his memory and becomes a puss, but he'll get his memory back and his hard assedness doubles, especially since now he has all those mixed emotions bubbling inside of him.

I agree, Atonia is an awesome character and the actress who plays her is brilliant!

August 15, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  51. True B(uffy)lood

The True Blood writing staff seems to have found an old cache of Buffy the Vampire scripts laying around over their hiatus. Super-evil vampire forgetting who he is and becoming sweet and loveable? Check. Evil witches? Check. "Big Bad" for the season? Check. Werewolves? Check. All we need is a trio of evil nerds and you can change the name of the town from Bon Tempes to Sunnydale. The best part of the episode was when something actually happened and Jessica killed Hoyt, which of course this annoying show took back. And Jesus Christ, enough with the flashbacks!

August 15, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Irish Girl

I have to agree with True B(uffy)lood, the best part of the show is when Jessica killed Hoyt. I thought what a great twist!!! But, of course it wasn't true. I feel this season isn't as good as past seasons, too many story lines and sometimes so cheesy! I used to get excited for the show and can't wait til Sunday, not so much any more.

August 15, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Danny

You mean the author of the book? This series is based off the Sookie Stackhouse books, so the writers of the show (for the most part) are just following certain aspect of the book.

August 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Ms. Codpiece

I loved the episode!...i have read most of the books...except the last 2 and have no problems with the fleshing out of certain characters and additions of others....I think this is an awesome series and should have 24 episodes a year not just a measley 12! I love the Sookie and Eric team up....in the books Bill is somewhat a jerk....so here he is actually a politician but has learned not to let his power get the better of him...when he saved ERIC!

August 15, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  53. @Happy Cow

You should worry, because soon you will butchered and fat hungry people will eat you..lol

August 15, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  54. Samantha

This recap is brilliant. A hundred times better than the episode, which was quite possibly the stupidest True Blood episode ever. I'm reading it at work and I can barely keep from laughing out loud because it so perfectly sums up my feelings- whoever wrote this should get a raise.

August 15, 2011 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • JL

You could not be more correct, Samantha! The writing here is both funny and accurate, and surmises 55 minutes of television into an entertaining five minute read!

August 15, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  55. victor

It's awesome. I think you covered it all. Antonia told Tara she can give her a lot of power as a witch. Tara would make an awesome witch. And It's about time Hoyt stood up to Jessica cause Jessica only cares about Jessica.

August 15, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • ms codpiece

really...a perpetual teenager...only caring about themselves? this is what I love about her character...she is suppose to be a selfish self centered teenager...as hoyt says...forever a virgin...she has only been a vamp for a little over a year per the seasons time lines....she has so much growing up to do...and is learning...just like any other teenager...she has time to learn to care about others...which she is doing...just not handleing it right...you know making mistakes....give her chance...i see big things for her!

August 15, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Makayla

I agree with Ms codpiece. Jessica IS a teenager. I actually really like her though.

August 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  56. gigiivalentine

I hate to say it – but I want the old Eric back!

August 15, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Agreed

no doubt, He's too pansy-ish this season. At first it was kinda funny, but now it's annoying.

August 15, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Melissa

I can't agree more. I'm sick of the pansy Eric.

August 15, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Apple2Apple

They are just following what happens in the books. He's supposed to become big ole' bad eric again when the witches die (in the book), I think the witch that casts the spell in the book had a brother and he undid it after a huge battle, but he still loves sookie and isn't sure why he feels that way about a human, and remembers all this later

August 15, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Makayla

He'll come back, this is how it was in the books.

August 15, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • RealOne

So do I ! ! !

August 15, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • M G

Agreed...the whole Eric story line is boring....enough with it and get to the good stuff.

August 15, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • DHenn

I want the old Eric back too! The relationship between Sookie and Eric........BORING......i think if she was with the old Eric it may be better. It just doesn't have the same "excitement" as when Sookie and Bill were together.

August 15, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nana

AMEN! Now he just gives me the creeps and needs to be silvered again.

August 16, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tylyn

II kinda want the old Eric back but the old him is so sweet and in the beginning i couldn't imagine Bill with anyone else other then Sooki, but I don't know i love Eric he is my favorite character on the show, and i love him and Sooki together but i kinda like the bad boy act of the new Eric too though.

August 18, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  57. cestmoi

I love your Monday morning reviews! Best season so far...just absolute, insane, mindless fun!! Even the storylines I don't love are great!!

August 15, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Makayla

I'm glad you think that way! I agree, people are saying how stupid the season is, but I happen to like it. It's funny and crazy, it doesn't always have to be death and serious, and I think despite the occasional cheese to it, they've done a solid build up of plot, and the witches are well acted, especially Marnie.

August 15, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. dallas2

Too many moving parts to keep track of within 50 minutes!

August 15, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Makayla

I don't thing there are TOO many, but there are some I would like to focus on less. Like Lafayette's thing, unless his whole medium abilities play into the main plot later on.

August 15, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Totally agree. TOO many stories going on.

I wish a stray bullet from the fight hit Tommy.
      I could care less about Arlene, Terry, or her baby. She's a SIDE CHARACTER. She's fine if the setting is in Merlotte's.
      Lafayette, could care less..............unless this is a plit to do with the witches.

Better than last season so far though!

August 15, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  59. happy cow

it is good being a cow. i dont have to worry about many things. moooooo.

August 15, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  60. happy cow

moooooo

August 15, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  61. Queen

Shut up King and get my coffee, then rub my feet! LOL

August 15, 2011 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |