Report: Homeless man living in Ann Curry's home
August 15th, 2011

Report: Homeless man living in Ann Curry's home

A homeless man has been residing in Ann Curry's $2.9 million Upper West Side house, unbeknownst to the "Today" show host, reports the New York Post.

Curry and husband Brian Ross have been renovating the four-story NYC townhouse for the past eight years, and during that time the Post reports it has become a stomping ground for various vagrants. On Saturday, police arrested a drifter who has lived in the brownstone “for about a year.”

The Post spoke to the ousted squatter, who yelled, "Ann Curry means crap to me!"

The man, who didn’t give his name, explained that he moved in to the 3,700 square-foot home “because they chased me out of Central Park."  He added that he is “not a drug addict,” and offered to return to the house. "I'll go back if someone says, 'Here's the key. Maintain the building.'"

The man was not arrested, as he was found in a vestibule and not actually inside the home. He was taken to a homeless shelter. He's the second vagrant to be kicked out of the property in a year.

Curry "is currently traveling to Africa to cover the humanitarian crisis and could not be reached for comment," an NBC spokeswoman said.

« Previous entry
  1. centro de estudios en sevilla

I've been exploring for a little for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of house . Exploring in Yahoo I at last stumbled upon this web site. Studying this info So i'm happy to show that I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed. I so much for sure will make sure to do not forget this website and provides it a glance regularly.

June 22, 2012 at 4:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. Vip

Sad, sad, sad. She has the money to rennovate a house for eight years, but not enough to give shelter to a man who has no home...

August 17, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Cyclonus

What kind of renovations take 8 years to complete.

August 16, 2011 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Edwin

Ann is unctuous. Really beautiful, but annoyingly unctuous.

August 16, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mr Potato Head fell outa my butthole

Homeless bums should be neither seen or heard.

August 16, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. barbara

Didn't any of the workers notice him? I guess if you're going to be a squatter, you might as well do it in style.

August 16, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  7. penny

During the winter time when I find homeless bums sleeping I like to pee all over them.

August 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  8. WLM

How the hell can you be renovating for 8 years??? Dont you think it is time to finish that up?????

August 16, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  9. Jeepers

EIGHT years??? What do they expect? Sounds like it's basically an abandoned building.

August 16, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  10. Pam

How ironic is that statement from NBC????

August 16, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. squid vicious

It's all about tax write offs, – she should adopt the homeless man and use him as another tax shelter. Trip to Africa for charity – tax write off, remodelling home – tax write off. These celebs wouldn't bother going out of the house if it actually cost them money, instead of using it as a means to dodge taxes even further, and profit from supposed 'charity' work. Sure they raise money but their is a lot more motivation behind the scenes besides humanitarian efforts.

August 16, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
    • taxchic

Most of the time remodeling a house is not a tax write off and I am sure her trip to Africa is paid for by NBC so that also cannot be written off. Check your facts. Tax Preparer

August 16, 2011 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Skippy

Hey taxchic would you please hammer a box of roofing tax into my rear-end?? The pain is simply delicious.

August 16, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. charlie crack

Contractor: "yes, ms.curry here's your invoice. $10mill. Sheetrock, plaster, tile..." Ann Curry: "what? That's way too much for what I had done." Contractor: "oh, i'm sorry ma'am, can I see that again?....ohhh I forgot the room and board for 8yrs for my crew. Gona be a little more, even though they slept on your floor"

August 16, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  13. Phil McCracken

I wish i was the contractor doing this house. Probably only takes a few months to renovate, but we drag it on for 8 years. We're soo busy working we thought we were dealing with the homeowner...i mean c'mon the owner was dressed like Uncle Moneybags.

August 16, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  14. Holy Moses

8 year renovation ?? Does anyone check on the status of progress?? I can understand being in the professional world & being busy but seriously, not knowing someone is "squatting" in your dwelling ??

August 16, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. Aaden

She's creepy, no wonder she owns a creepy old house...

August 15, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  16. happy cow

thanks for reminding me. i am a cow and have a short remembering time. thanks ! mooooooo.

August 15, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mejazzbo

I would love to line in Ann Curry's home. Ooh la la!!!!

August 15, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  18. pdxwiz

If you can afford and 8 year renovation AND another place to live during that time...then you're the one's who Warren Buffet says need to pay more taxes!

August 15, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  19. JustSayin

If you have a mansion you're not using during these tough economic times, you should feel ashamed of yourself. Just sayin.

August 15, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  20. fernace

Hhmmm, apperantly Ann Curry has a "humanitarian crisis" right in her own vestibule! Perhaps she should cut her trip short & tend to the situation of the "squatting" homeless in her house, since it's a recurring problem! Our poor & downtrodden may have lots of "tasty" meals in the dumpsters, nice park benches to sleep on & can't be compared to those dying of thirst (real "First,"portalpunk), in Somalia, but the world is getting pretty dire when you're comparing poverty levels! Been there, done that, ain't goin' back!!

August 15, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  21. LEE

How can you have someone live in your house and not know it? She is married with children. She might be on assignment, but her husband and kids are there.

August 15, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

They've been renovating it for 8 years. I suspect they're living somewhere else, LEE.

August 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jodi

Who renovates a house for 8 years?

August 15, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boof

I was just about to say that.

August 15, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • CurryNeedsAnewContractor

Yeah! 8 freaking years!? Is she short on cash? She doesn't strike me as the DYI type....so I would say old girl needs a new contractor....quick! But then again, she may have multiple houses, so she just lets this one sit....and sit....and sit....and....

August 15, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • A. Gabriel

People with too much money, that's who and most celebs have way too much money.

August 15, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judy

EIGHT YEARS??? Can't believe this hasn't happened more than twice. I used to like Ann Curry but now feel she has no respect for her neighbors to allow renovation to continue UNSUPERVISED that long!

August 16, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • jessica

That was MY first thought also...

August 21, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  23. @happy cow

Hey!! i thoiught u were going to keep quiet?! They are still looking for you moo moo

August 15, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  24. portalpunk

This weekend i had to mow the lawn, it was hot and it sure made me FIRSTY!!!!

August 15, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  25. hamburger steak

They should bring back "BumFights."

August 16, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  26. connie cornhole

I like to help the homeless. I pay the bums $5.00 to roto-rooter my cornhole.

August 16, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |