First photo of Kate Hudson with baby Bingham
August 15th, 2011

First photo of Kate Hudson with baby Bingham

While some celebrities are still opting to debut their babies on the covers of magazines, Kate Hudson and her fiance Matt Bellamy opted for a twitpic reveal.

The Muse musician shared a photo of Hudson, 32, holding the couple's 5-week-old son, Bingham "Bing" Hawn, along with the caption, "Family Life!"

Bellamy added that they'd opted for a twitpic shot of their baby boy in an attempt to shake off paparazzi. "Wow, these paps are annoying. Thought we'd tweet pic in hope of paps backing off, didn't work!"

The 33-year-old rocker has relied on the social media site to share news of his newborn with his fans before. Following Bingham's birth on July 9, Bellamy revealed that Hudson "was a warrior" during delivery, and also explained the inspiration behind the chosen name.

"For those wondering, Bingham is my mum's maiden name and Bing Russell was Kurt's dad," he tweeted. "Family connections all round!"

Filed under: Celebrities • Kate Hudson

1. chitownlady

Let's talk real world here....NANNIES.....MNost of these hollywood types use them. Anyway....why are these hollywood moms treated as if they iinvented having babies?

August 16, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. erich2112x

Caca mama, caca. eeeeehhhh!

August 16, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. Janice

FYI Sandra Shelby... before you start ranting maybe you should give google a try. Kate's dad is BILL Hudson!

August 16, 2011 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. huh

WHO...?

August 16, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  5. huh

WHO?

August 16, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  6. Julie

Wow Sandra...you don't know what goes on in another family's life. If she doesn't want to be involved with her father, then that is her right. "Anyone can be a father, but it taks someone speial to bea daddy". congrat's Kate!

August 16, 2011 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |
  7. sandra shelby

Although i am glad to hear that Kate Hudson had a healthy beautiful baby, I disturbs me to see how totally she has wiped her real father out of her life. Kurt Russell is not her father, Mark Hudson of the Hudson brothers is. and I think it is a insult to him to be completely left out of her life. I don't know what happened between her father and her but it couldn't have been so bad that she made Mark Hudson non-existant. I have alway admired Kurt Russell and Mark Hudson and Kate should be ashamed of what she is doing to her father.

August 16, 2011 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
    • JJ

How do you know it was totally her choice? Perhaps he has chosen to be an absentee father.

August 16, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Jenickki

@ Sandra. I suggest you take a few minuites and do some research on this situation. When you do, you will find that he was not really a father figure. There is no need to bash anyone, however; you will find Kurt Russel stepped in and assumed a fatherly role when her real father would not step up to the plate. I also find it better to research information before one condems. I agree with Julie, you can be a sperm donor; BUT, it takes a real man to step up and be a Daddy.

August 16, 2011 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. beri

Congrads !! What a beautiful little boy!.. and love the name ! God Bless

August 15, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. sharkweek12

This pic made me smile, remembering when my boys were that little! Congrats Kate!

August 15, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Someone

I do not usually follow celebrity "news," but I am expecting a child in a few months and find myself reading all articles regarding children. I am happy for this family as they seem to have a healthy baby, which is a wonderful gift from God.

August 15, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |