'Austin Powers 4' deal in the works
August 15th, 2011

'Austin Powers 4' deal in the works

We haven’t seen the snaggle-toothed secret agent since 2002’s “Goldmember,” but Austin Powers is coming back! Mike Myers is expected to write, produce and star in a fourth “Austin Powers” movie, reports Hitflix.

Though the deal is reportedly set, the Hollywood Reporter cautions that Myers, 48, could still drop out at this point. So maybe practice your Dr. Evil impersonation, but don’t bust out the shag wig just yet.

Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery arrived in 1997, with "The Spy Who Shagged Me" following in 1999 and “Austin Powers in Goldmember” in 2002. The trilogy grossed $676,356,278 worldwide.

(C'mon, Mike, if you give us another "Austin Powers," we'll forget "The Love Guru" ever happened. Deal?)

1. Michelle

It’s been nine years and they’re just doing a regular old sequel instead of a gritty reboot? http://austinpowers-4.blogspot.com/

April 16, 2012 at 3:49 am | Report abuse |
  2. Atlas

I am a 29 years old computer engineer and now I am seeking a nice woman for a stable relationship,so I got a username Alexwing432 on-Meetrich.C óM---it's the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it's worthy a try.The best part is that it's completely free, unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!

August 17, 2011 at 4:51 am | Report abuse |
  3. Whit

Groovy Baby! LOL

August 16, 2011 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  4. James

This is the problem wih Hollywood these days. No creativity. Who the hecks wants to see a 4th Austin Powers? NO ONE. Will some of the MBA idiots at studios give us something new and intelligent instead of Final Destination 5 or Austin Powers 4. Give me a break.

August 16, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • 2FLI

All original, all successful:

Bad Teacher
      Battle: Los Angeles
      Bridesmaids
      Crazy, Stupid, Love.
      Horrible Bosses
      Insidious
      Midnight in Paris
      Rango
      Rio
      Super 8

Personally, I'm looking forward to another Austin Powers.

August 16, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • DLM

Most people believe Inception was original. It actually isn't. There was a movie called Dreamscape from the early 80's that introduced the concept. Dennis Quaid was in it.

August 16, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. TrulyEeeevil

I was a Mike Myers fan until the 3rd Austin Powers and Love Guru. The first and second Shrek movies were also cool...third sucked. Please make a movie that really showcases your talent Mike. "So I Married An Axe Murderer" is one of my favorite movies and it was sort of original and very cool...is money really all you're after by making another AP?...bummer.

August 16, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. RichG

Beonce ruined the last one!

August 16, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  7. Maverick

I hope he doesn't go with what he had first planned...to play ALL the characters. The other cast members (from what I read) were getting up in arms over his plan because they would be bumped from the franchise.

Mike, let it go. It wasn't funny the first time; it wasn't funny the other times.

August 16, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  8. guitarharry

This franchise stopped being funny by the end of the first movie. Dead horse. Myers suffers from the same problem as Eddie Murphy and Jerry Lewis and Jim Carey; their goofy character-based comedy worked when they were younger, but as old guys, it just doesn't play very well; you can sense desperation in their later movies, like an aging beauty queen going for her third facelift. Kinda sad...

August 16, 2011 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  9. ian

Boooooo.

August 16, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  10. mim

An Austin Powers movie would not be worth watching without the genius character played by Mike. It's hard to believe that anyone could do Austin as well. Feeble attempt, maybe. But there is nothing like the real deal, baby!

August 16, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. Feast of Beast

Get in my belly!

August 16, 2011 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. citizenUSA

Yeah, "Austin Powers 4- The Geritol Sanction". Actually I hope it's good. I like Mike. I would rather have another Shrek though.

August 16, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  13. Brandon

The budget will cost 1 million dollars!

August 16, 2011 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  14. Tyler Jean

1974? My gran grudated from nursing school that year,she said those were some fun times, she wouldn't speculate she just had a smile on her cute face when she said it.I do know that my grand attended Woodstock in '69.

August 16, 2011 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  15. PEDRO TACO BURRO COCAINE BEANS BURRITOS

every one of these movies is the same.

August 16, 2011 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  16. Sean Webb

Please say no. The first two were fun. The third seemed desparate. A fourth would be sad.

August 16, 2011 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
  17. Elwood

I hope it sucks. That way it will show up on Netflix instant view really quick.

August 16, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  18. r

I hope Austin goes back to 1974.

August 15, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
  19. brad1001

Bad idea, but at least somebody's getting paid to do it. Good Luck at the box office tho. The 2nd and 3rd were turds and this one will be too. It'll go to DVD quick.

August 15, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Aristocles

Is Hollywood capable of making something big that isn't a sequel, adaptation, remake, or a reboot of a series?

August 15, 2011 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve-O

Good question! I phoned up Hollywood to ask and the answer is "No!".

August 16, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  21. Guido

Mike, film it in Vancouver and let me direct it...

August 15, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  22. hoop

We pay good money for crap and Hollywood keeps it coming.

August 15, 2011 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Alphalolz

Please, no, make it stop

August 15, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
  24. me

Yes, and in other news, Hollywood can't think of anything better to do with its sorry self.

Buncha one-trick ponies who wouldn't know an original thought if it jumped up and bit them on the behind. And all you idiots follow this crap like rats following the pied piper. Pathetic.

August 15, 2011 at 7:42 pm | Report abuse |
  25. VeryFunny

First of all, The Love Guru was funny, I laughed and so did everyone in the room.

Yes please make another Austin Powers, just make it good.

August 15, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Yakobi.

Two questions:
    Why?
    Will the flavor-of-the-month they get to co-star be Justin Beiber?

August 15, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. C

I hope it isn't mid-life crisis sequel or a "we've all matured and become parents" type of films that so many other sequels have turned into(Little Fockers is just one example). If it doesn't fall into that trap, Austin stays pretty much the same and Mike Meyer's is involved it might have a chance.

August 15, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Spenser A

My nephew's stepson is a named Austin Powers. He was about 6 months old when the first movie came out. His mother was worried about it, but his dad said "it's just a movie. A few months from now everyone will have forgotten all about it".

August 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Steven Gaynor

How about a smoke and a pancake?

August 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Chris

Hollywood is pathetic nowadays.... every damn movie that comes out is a sequel, prequel, adaptation, remake... the same crap rehashed, with a new bow on top.

August 15, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • historyrepeating

You're just getting older and wiser. When you were young you thought everything was original and new, but now, with experience, you see that everything derives from something else in some way. It's life.

August 16, 2011 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  31. Chris

I'd rather have a Waynes World 3

August 15, 2011 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Stephany

Hey! I thought the Love Guru was hilarious!

August 15, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. BRod

FINALLY! It's been too long without Dr. Evil, Mini Me, Fat B, Scott, and oh yeah Austin! =)

August 15, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. X

Dude, get a life. Expand your horizons, read a book, go play outside. I know you might not understand what I'm saying with your third grade mentality. Get help =)

August 16, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  34. Gordon

Does Hollywood have any new ideas or are we stuck with sequels from now on?

August 15, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • DLM

Very true what you said. With the economy in the tank, it will take a lot for people to go and spend money to see a movie. So, Hollywood is trying to make movies that guarantee a return in investment. I do love popcorn movies. I don't want to be "emotionally challenged" when I want an escape. Love the new Planet of the Apes. But, AP seems like a bad choice for another movie. What is next? Return of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?

August 16, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Scott Pilgrim defeated The World

I'm sure I'll end up seeing it at some point. Not in theaters, but at some point.

August 15, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Mr. X

No No No - We do not need another dumb part to this already dumb series, If Mike Meyers has nothing to do, then he can cut my lawn! Please stay away from making another fiasco!

August 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • BRod

A sequel is being made for the FANS of this series, not you. Surprised that Hollywood doesn't revolve around you?

August 15, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  37. jon

Wow isn't it ironic that Myers wants to go back to his Austin Powers movies now that he no longer has Shrek to fall back on? Maybe they'll do a new movie in 3D.

August 15, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Classic

i thought the same thing, coupled with the failure of Love Guru, maybe he's afraid to be original? interestingly enough, the last three Shrek films each made more than the AP trilogy combined... maybe he learned something about marketing remakes

August 15, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • RonnieC

Actually, no, that's not an example of irony.

August 15, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nope

Yeah, that's not even close enought to be considered "internet-level ironic." It's just cause and effect at best.

August 15, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  38. kittybling

CAN'T WAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITT!! oh behaveeeeeeeeee~

August 15, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Sarge

Not sure how much gas this franchise has in the tank, or how they're going to play off Austin and Dr. Evil being brothers and on the same team (against Scott Evil?), but maybe they can bring in Myers old pal Dana Carvey to play a villain, or give Mustafa (Will Ferrell) a bigger role as a main villain (although him getting badly injured every time is a funny gag). Come back for a reason, but not to rehash the same jokes over and over again.

August 15, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • DLM

I agree. Although I do think Mike Myers ship has sailed .....It seems a bit desperate to do another AP. The last movie he did tanked big time. It was about some hippy guru. Can't even remember the name of it. Since then its been only Shrek. I loved the first AP and quoted it all the time. I hope he doesn't embarass himself. Dana Carvey's last movie was an embarassment, where he played a turtle.....just awful.

August 16, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  40. happy cow

ill be real quiet and not mooo so they wont find me. moooooooo. oooooh oh.

August 15, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Maurice

Beyonce was pretty bad in that role, but damn did she make me h*rny baby.

August 15, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  42. @Happy Cow

Even though you have mad cow they will still kill you bc u r sick. So hate to say this but u r pretty much screwed :( . hiding in hay won't help..lol

August 15, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  43. MadCityBabe

yup – Beyonce totally sucked in the third install......stay in the sixties with the plot line

August 15, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  44. itsamemario

yes the 3rd AP did suck ball cider. Beyonce playing a fiesty, independant black woman? How innovative of her to play against type..and dont even get me started on the plot. They should do it like the first or second movie..

August 15, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cheeks

No one knew that was her "type" back then. She was just on her way. The movie premiered almost a decade ago...so yea, it was a stretch – back then!

August 15, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  45. JCO

I sure hope its better than the third one which sucked.

August 15, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  46. happy cow

dont eat me. i taste very bad. i am a nice cow. moooooooo.

August 15, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  47. happy cow

mooooo ?

August 15, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Mike Myers

I am officially out of the closet and open for business!

August 15, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Evel Knievel

Is Myers finally going to come out of the closet?

August 15, 2011 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • grumpster

That would be in the next sequel "The spy who shagged by rear end."

August 16, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  50. ??

Firsty firsty firsteeeeee

August 15, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

Nice.

August 15, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • klowndogdaddycat

They should put the hamster from TOP GEAR to play his part as austin,if mike doesn't feel like doing it,he's a pretty good match.GOD BLESS AMERICA BABY.

August 15, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

Congratulations on being first... you deserve a cookie.

August 16, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Violet

Yes! And I selected "Austin Powers 4 Dr. Means NO!" out of the new tilte survey.

January 16, 2012 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |