A very Gaga Christmas
August 15th, 2011

A very Gaga Christmas

I know it’s still August, but I can tell you that Santa Claus’ workshop is going to have some stiff competition this holiday season.

Lady Gaga will be creating her own workshop campaign for the iconic New York City department store, Barneys.

The retailer has given Gaga an entire floor to create her workshop, as well as the famous store windows to show her display. There will also be a collection of Gaga's Workshop gift items that will raise money for a charity of her choice.

Today, Barneys released a sneak peek at what to expect in the coming months. It is a cartoon image of a very festive Gaga with blue hair and a sparkly red jumpsuit! The image will be used on shopping bags and the company’s website.

Checking out the holiday windows at Barneys is an annual tradition here in New York City. So I love that Gaga will be involved this year. I’m also loving the fact that this will raise money for charity.

What do you think about a Gaga Christmas workshop? Tell me below.

Also tonight, our exclusive with the Jacksons! "Showbiz Tonight" goes one-on-one with Michael Jackson’s mom Katherine. You do not want to miss what Katherine tells us about the star-studded tribute to her late son.

See that and more on "Showbiz Tonight," exclusively at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. guest

all it takes is 1 person to bring up religion and then this happens..drop it already people. go get a life

August 17, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. erich2112x

And when you're opening gifts with your family on Christmas Eve, and you hand out the Lady Gaga workshop gift items, watch the mood in the room suddenly become awkward and uncomfortable.

August 16, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. racegay

how does the name "Gaga" and the word "Christmas" even get put together in the same sentence?!

August 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mr. Mxylptlxk

I'd join in of we could cut off Lady Gaga's head and make a nice table centerpiece out of it! Of course ther would only be one, but think of how much it would bring on eBay!

August 16, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Tim

She must have eaten Lucky Charms for breakfast because that looks like a yellow heart coming out of her butt.

August 16, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Kristi

Gaga is so over with. Her 15 was over long ago. New album stinks and people are tired of her publicity stunts.

August 16, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Name*

I love it, Gaga is one of the best things about N.Y.

August 16, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  8. KATHY

LADY GAGA IS AMAZING, SHE ALWAYS IS INSPIRING TO EVERYONE. CANT WAIT TO SEE THE WORKSHOP!

August 16, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Myxlptlxk

I'll bet your entranced by low-budget magicians at tupperware parties too, arent you?

August 16, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  9. citizenUSA

Yeah, "Austin Powers 4- The Geritol Sanction". Actually I hope it's good. I like Mike. I would have preferred another Shrek though.

August 16, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  10. fanofgodlygaga

I am dedicated to serving lady gaga for eternity. Hope you all will too.

August 16, 2011 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • john

What a sad pathic life you must have. You should just kill yourself.

August 16, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Austin Rozel

@ john WOW what a dark soul you have, I hope satan has fun shoving burning cactus up your butt

August 16, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Kristi

Austin Rozel or you hitting on John???

August 16, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  11. lesliegant

Awesome, Printapon saves me time and money! You can see the coupons instantly and don't have to search for ones.

August 16, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  12. rosie

I love Gaga and all of her talent...but what the heck is the heart coming out of her butt in that pic supposed to represent??

August 16, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  13. charlie crack

If that she-male jumped outamy stocking I think i'd run.....

August 16, 2011 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  14. michelle

She look slike Cruella Deville in this picture. UGH. Enough already. GAG-a me!!!!!

August 16, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. jb2817

Kidnap the santy clause beat him with a stick lock him up for 90 years. See what makes him tick

August 16, 2011 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
  16. Zhikovsky

U kw less about d charity they are referring to. It goes to most of the occultic convens in Carlifonia, florida, Texas and so on. Its just a form of uphold satan on ur street without restriction!

August 16, 2011 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Austin Rozel

Aww to bad so sad, I guess you could pray to your serial killer of a god and have him do something about that but, awww shucks he would just want to kill again.

August 16, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  17. Ren & Stimpy

Obviously they picked the wrong holiday for her to decorate the windows.... should've been for HALLOWEEN!! what a scary freak!

August 16, 2011 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  18. Stanley

She can be the Lady in my life, she is truly magnificent.

August 16, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  19. lou

gift card, anyone???

August 16, 2011 at 2:53 am | Report abuse |
  20. June

I am a 35 years old computer engineer and now I am seeking a nice woman for a stable relationship,so I got a username Alexwing432 on-Meetrich.C óM---it's the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it's worthy a try.The best part is that it's completely free, unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!

August 16, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  21. Cnoe

Perhaps it is because she excepted thier invitation without any reservation and just mabey it was her idea to go to charity! I have not heard her to be a selfish women :)

August 16, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  22. john

You know what would be great for christmas. If Gaga would get ran over by a reindeer.

August 16, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  23. php

Educated yourself haters...christmas was Not when jesus was born. Sad for you if that's what you think. It is a 'pagan' holiday. So I guess You guys are the devil worshippers! Ha!

August 16, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  24. Mr. Saunders

Yawwwwwnnn.

August 15, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Lola

She's so overrated it's sick! This chick here definitely won't go gaga for Gaga come X-Mas time!

August 15, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  26. taurusx3

I usually do not comment... Honestly I could not care one way or another... Although I do think its great that the proceeds will be going to charity kudos to everyone involved... I am how ever commenting to all of the so called Christians that have left comments... May I remind you over and over the bible(regardless of version) speaks over and over of not judging. Most of the comments I read were very judgmental.. maybe I misunderstood and God himself is posting on this page under a different name.. that's it I am just tired of hypocrites. Let Ye without sin cast the first stone.... And for those ready to pounce on me, I do get the irony of my post.. I guess you could look at my post as less of a judgment and more of a reprimand if it makes you feel better...

August 15, 2011 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Andy

Could this be because her "Vomit That Way" album isn't quite the revolutionary thing she claimed it would be?

August 15, 2011 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Wongwalee Pasadhu

Whatever she did it's OK for me and I love the way she did. I'm waiting for her live concert in Thailand.

August 15, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  29. MIke

This is why America is going down the toilet.

August 15, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. blah

Ugh, Gaga is just so overexposed and overrated. She came from being refreshingly awesome and creative to then slowly irritating to now just obnoxiously self-centered, pandering, and desperate. I miss the old Gaga...she's just everywhere and it's becoming too much now.

August 15, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Elizabeth

I must know, will she include her "very original" red outfit that she wore but Debbie Harry actually wore back in the 80's? Or how about Bette Midler's mermaid suit? She could donate her meat dress to feed the kids in Somalia, I think that would be more epic.

August 15, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  32. x

Wow, totally didn't see this coming *sarcasm*. At least the proceeds go the charity, and she seems to be more focused on the fashion than the music anyway, so at least this suits her.

August 15, 2011 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Joseph

Gaga should stay away from anything to do with religion, she does not believe in it, but then for commercial reason she will do anything.

August 15, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  34. ShuaShua

Im a proud little monster!

August 15, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  35. ShuaShua

Sooo coool!

August 15, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  36. rondiesu

Now you little "Monsters" out there Christmas is such a Pegan Holiday! And silly little Pegans Celebrate it! Let her have her little Pegan fun!! Even GaGa only goes around once.. on the Earth that is!!

August 15, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  37. big j dog

I like the idea of her new clothing line! Gaga is in the now and no one is gonna stop her!!!!

August 15, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Newo

tease. I thought they were going to say she was doing a Christmas album

August 15, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  39. amy

Wow. Barneys must have a business death wish.

August 15, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ladygogo

I can't stand her I don't like anything about her at all, she's to weird,she just want attention

August 15, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  41. steve von

Its christmas time,there's no need to be afraid. Its christmas time, and lady gaga so smoking fine!!!! I love her!!

August 15, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Namethis

I'm so over gaga. This is way too much. Another business trying to make money off the famous. I can't imagine what my kids think when I explain to them who lady gaga was in 10 years and why she is on a holiday bag

August 15, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  43. jessica

Jesus was born in the summer. The 'Christmas' season was started to counteract the pagan winter solstice, not because it was near Jesus' birthday.

August 15, 2011 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  44. jerry

She's the devil! My my momma says

August 15, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Drew

What is the appeal? She's pretty unoriginal, it all sounds like Europop.

August 15, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Well...

She is incredible songwriter, singer, and performer... the likes of which we haven't seen since Madonna and MJ. Her new album is amazing from start to finish and my favorite of the year thus far. She's lost favor in the media as they've decided the hype train for her is now over and time to get her on the decline... no matter, she's an absolute superstar and the best thing to come along in pop music for two decades or so.

And I'n not a sheep... I'm just listening. Amazing amazing stuff.

August 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • cube

lol @ Well... 'best thing to come along in two decades' you realize that's saying absolutely nothing, don't you? How does Gaga stand with giants like Paul McCartney, Brian Wilson, Paul Simon, Chuck Berry, Elvis Presley, etc etc. She isn't fit to kiss their collective butt.

August 16, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  46. sarah S

Christmas isn't really all that christian either. Jesus was actually born in june and the whole tree decarating thing comes from a pegan holiday. so who care if gaga does a holiday promotion for barneys? christmas is all about buying presants anyways.

August 15, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • almost.....

Was actually October-ish ....buy great points nonetheless

August 15, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • almost.....

But great points...oops

August 15, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • f*off

Really? Gaga...unlike most entertainers is trying to use her fame for something constructive, to better mankind. However, im unsure why because all of you people are wolves. Get a life...who cares if she is or isnt a christian? I dont have to be jewish to respect their holidays. have a good day and remember... satan loves you!

August 16, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
  47. derek

Christmas? Gaga? Barney's? At least we can be sure no matter what anyone thinks. None of this has anything at all to do with Jesus Christ. Get real even demon worshipors and godless people can raise money for charoities. These types most often call themselves Christians also. Gaga is a side show freak and Barney's has become the big tent. Barney's what a disgrace.

August 15, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Tom

Yay!!!!! :)

Gaga christmas shopping = gay men's dream!

August 15, 2011 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  49. faboulous

- I think Gaga sometimes go a bit far with her fashion staments,but she is doing for charity that's what important here. Also,guys She went to a catholic school! If that means anything to you

August 15, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  50. harpie

As if Christmas wasn't commercial enough already blech!

August 15, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Gasp

Didn't she bite the head off a Santa doll last year & profaned God on stage in an anti-Christmas rant?

Then she turns around now and embraces it.. Weird

August 15, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  52. tarzan

What role could that piece of fluff play in anyone's Christmas??

August 15, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  53. ENZO

I THINK IT IS WONDERFUL, I WISH I LIVED IN NEW YORK

August 15, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Amy

OMG how awesome! I love Gaga and her eccentric ideas! Love it!

August 15, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Marc

We certainly won't see here ugly face in the windows! That beast could ruin Christmas!

August 15, 2011 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Basil1218

I'm dreaming of a Gaga Christmas! Love it.

August 15, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  57. xjdavid

I went from really liking her, to slowly being irritated by her. Now I'm sick to death of her. BLEH...that's what I think.

August 15, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andy

agreed...what happened to her music? Used to be a lot of fun, catchy...listening to stuff from her new album feels like a chore.

August 15, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  58. hotvegas

i can't wait,i will be contributing to help support charity and buy some stuff. I love gaga and lately she looks incredible..

August 15, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  59. johnny

Um.. I doubt that she will play any role whatsoever in my Christmas. Sorry to disappoint.

August 15, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Gr8ful Dude

What is growinig out of her backside in that picture?

August 15, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Epie

Gaga has no business promoting anything related to Christmas. Her music videos, costumes and sets are full of satanic symbolism. She blantantly rejects Jesus in her Judas video! How does this happen?

August 15, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Well...

I hope you're kidding here, and understand it's a metaphor. Don't worry though, they'll cover those in seventh grade English so you should be all set soon.

August 15, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

@Well: I hope you're not such a condescending jerk in real life.

August 15, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Basil1218

Epie...get a life little one!

August 15, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

Epie, Gaga has a lot of religious imagery, but it is hardly satanic. She explores Christian imagery because she IS Christian. She grew up going to a Catholic school, it only makes sense that it would influence her. To quote her new single, You and I, "the only men I'm gonna serve my whole life: my daddy, and Nebraksa, and Jesus Christ."

August 15, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Tiffany, you're kidding right? There is nothing whatsoever Christian about her. :D Not saying that I'm better, but like most people who SAY their Christians, Gaga is big phoney.

August 15, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Madonnafan

I agree with Epie. Gaga is the devil incarnate.

August 15, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

He must be one of them running for President .

August 16, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Cant we keep religion out of christmas?

August 16, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Disgusted

AMEN!! I'm sitting here scratching my head wondering what a drug snorting singer has to do with Christmas?? Whether you celebrate it as a religious holiday, or another "family togetherness" holiday, I still don't see why or where her craziness fits in.

August 16, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Disgusted

@xjdavid-But it says in her song she serves Jesus Christ, so it MUST be true! ;>

August 16, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Well...

Sorry @xjdavid to sound condescending, but nothing drives me crazier than those who are devoutly religious and unable to let the sacred bible or anything to do with religion be used as a metaphor. Just because Gaga uses the story of Judas and Jesus as a parallel to love story doesn't make her satanic... it's poetic. But the church has done a great job by refusing to let ANYTHING be questioned, and therefore keeps all their little followers in line. Maybe you've heard it from blowhard Bill Donahue of the Catholic League, or whomever is lazy and wants everyone running in fear... but try to think for yourself.

August 16, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Lol

Oh yea, cuz Gaga ALWAYS keeps it tasteful :P

August 15, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  63. K-Man

OMG!!!! so freaking excited!!! Hopefully she keeps it tasteful :) If so I'm sure it'll be one of the greatest parts of this upcoming holiday season :)

August 15, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • cindy

i think it is wonderful that the proceeds go to a charity. i am especially appreciative of famous people using thier fame to help the less fortunate, kudos to the lady!

August 15, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |