Lohan's rep: Those were crystals, not drugs
August 12th, 2011

Lohan's rep: Those were crystals, not drugs

Video of Lindsay Lohan sitting outside a Venice Beach, California, triggered a bitter squabble between her publicist and an online gossip editor Thursday.

X17online hinted the video secretly recorded from a nearby car showed something fishy going on between Lohan and several men, including the exchange of a plastic bag and some cash.

Steve Honig, whose job it is to protect Lohan's reputation, accused the website of "knowingly and consciously made inferences about Lindsay that are completely untrue."

"If they had taken the time to look into this a little bit further, they would have found out that the bag contained crystals from a local shop in Venice," Honig said in a statement to CNN.

X17online's Brandy Navarre, in her statement to CNN, thanked Honig for calling attention to her site's video, but she insisted her report "never implied anything about the transaction Lohan appeared to make on the street in Venice Tuesday afternoon."

The report was revised to reflect Honig's statement that the bag exchanged was filled with crystals after Lohan's publicist provided his statement, Navarre said.

"X17online is not reporting anything false nor are we suggesting anything negative about Lindsay Lohan in this post," she said. "The only 'inferences' about what could be happening in the video come from Ms. Lohan's publicist."

Another celebrity news website, RadarOnline, took Lohan's side in interpreting the video. Reporter Jen Heger told CNN that she verified the bag contained crystals and nothing nefarious.

The man who gave her the bag, in daylight on a busy sidewalk, was walking his dog.

Lohan, who spent several months in drug rehab last year, was recently released from strict drug testing requirements by the judge overseeing her probation for drunken driving.

Photographers often follow Lohan, who lives in Venice Beach, as she shops, dines and parties around town. The resulting video and photographs sometimes bring thousands of dollars for the freelance paparazzi when they sell them to online gossip sites, where they can draw valuable web traffic.

Post by:
Filed under: Lindsay Lohan

1. K-Man

but for real....it was crystal.......crystal meth. it's all good we all knew. bad P.R. work for the person who came up with that junk story. "they were crystals from a store up the street" ??? Since when was she unable to go into stores herself? I'm sure that scuzzy hooligan she bought those "crystals" from wasn't one of her "people" so why him Lindsay...why him?

August 22, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. jujubeans

So she's a les. Is she the pitcher or catcher? If she's the catcher, why not the real thing?

August 17, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Marylin

She's a pitcher. I'm sure she'd be happy to strap one on and give your a$$ the ride of it's life.

August 22, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jujubeans

She's got freckles on her but, she is nice!

August 16, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Alex

"Video of Lindsay Lohan sitting outside a Venice Beach, California, triggered a bitter..." Outside -A- Venice Beach, California? So there's more than one? That would come in handy when one Venice Beach is crowded, I could just go to the next one. Thanks CNN! What, that's not the point of the story? Oh.

August 15, 2011 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. dano

Who the hell buys crystals in a baggie?

August 15, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  6. djmc32

Shelly, please. Stop the pity party. We all deal with tragic and hurtful things in life, that is a fact. Lohan has taken the safety of others for granted too many times, flaunted her disregard for the law too many times. She knows she isnt going to be punished like the rest of us. You can call for sympathy all you want, but she doesnt deserve it,and if you think that then maybe you should check your values. And, on another note,if your going to compare, lohan is much more like monroe than winehouse. Get a bit more creative idiots.

August 15, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. harry

Maybe she did have a great deal of stress growing up as a child actor, but sooner or later it comes down to the decisions "we" make. She has decided to be a strung out, has been spoiled brat. She can decide not to. I did alcohol and drugs for almost 20 years. I had an abusive step parent, ADHD yada yada, but at some point I "decided" to do those things. No one forced me to. I've been clean and sober for 16 years and everyday I decide to be. It's hard sometimes, but in the end it's my choice.

August 15, 2011 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. pacman357

LOL. What, isn't this how everyone buys crystals? Well, if they did the deal in public, during daylight hours, surely it couldn't have been drugs. Not in California. **cough** Charlie Sheen **cough**

OK, OK...I'm sure they were crystals. Heck, make it Crystal Lite for all I care.

August 15, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. SWITCHEROO

You know what. I don't believe that bag contained legal crystals. Unless someone jumped right on that bag after it was handed to her and found that they were regular whatever, then she pulled a switch on some dumb reporter ok. As far as I'm concerned she's back at it again right out in public. The reason she's in Venice Beach is for the drugs. She will OD. If she wanted to clean up her act then she wouldn't let anyone anywhere even appear to hand her a small plastic bag for money. She's a real loser. Anyone that hires her is risking big problems.

August 14, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  10. shelly

All you negative people who hav spoken hurtful things about lohan, until sumthing bad or tragic happen to someone you love, then you would know what lohan is really goin through.

August 14, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • CrackisWhack

Shelly is also a junkie..fellow crackheads stick together...I bet Shelly let the crack dog sniff her stink for a nickle bag....crack rawks!

August 14, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. shelly

Amearica is a pretty sad place to be it hell on earth we are only human people stop hurtin other people we all are not here to stay whwere is the loves god died and leave to care for one anthor god bless america pleas?

August 14, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
  12. shelly

Amearica is a pretty sad place to be it hell on earth.

August 14, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  13. CrackisWhack

I wood still like to bend her crackass over a toilet and ram her, while she's sucking the glass pipe...crack rawks!

August 14, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Tanya Turgeon

I also agree with what was said before about leaving her alone cuz all these ignorant people are going to drive her to hurt herself and wwhen that happens all the negative people are to blame...

August 14, 2011 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tanya Turgeon

I would like to comment on the Lindsay Lohan article. Ok she had a messed up life before..she's trying to better herself. She doesn't need the harrasment from people that shouldn't be talking cuz I'm sure everyone ain't perfect. I'm sure you ignorant people are going to right away say, well why is she buying crystals. We'll all diferent types of crystals have different meanings and ways of curing stuff. So maybe Lindsay just wanted something to comfort her. Get a life and leave her alone.

August 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  16. dodo

Dont hook on dont need to stop!

August 14, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Karly

I meant to say does NOT bring you total happiness

August 14, 2011 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |
  18. Karly

I can see that having everything in this world does bring you total happiness

August 14, 2011 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  19. corrina

Keep judging u all. you are all probably all doing the same thing. all i can do is pray for her.

August 14, 2011 at 3:27 am | Report abuse |
  20. The Truth

She's gorgeous. Hope she is doing alright.

August 13, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Michael

Wait... what? Crystals? What kind of crystals? Like, salt crystals? Bath salts? Minerals? Very, very odd. Why is she paying some man in broad daylight in the middle of a street instead of picking up her "crystals", say, in a store? Or is she trying to entrap a gossip site?

August 13, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. harry

Ignore her. Maybe she'll go away. Her career is proof of that.

August 13, 2011 at 6:22 am | Report abuse |
  23. madhater

Meth and whures are good in moderation.

August 13, 2011 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  24. The Måd Råp3r

@kimberly,
    Actually its the shrill screaming masses who think yelling makes your point more forceful that are collapsing the empire.
    Lilo doesn't want help anyway, she wants a bag of hillbilly marching crystals.

August 12, 2011 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  25. kimberly

With SELFISH, SELF ABSORBED, and SELF CENTERED people that blog on these posts its no wonder America is no longer a great country.

August 12, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kimberly

All of you need to GROW UP and stop making stupid comments that have nothing to do with getting Lilo the help that she needs. All of you are straight up immature idiots who know NOTHING about life. GTFO your butts and go help somebody besides yourselves!!!

August 12, 2011 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Superhiro

To be fair, celebrities buy lots of things this way for the VERY reason that they don't want to be mobbed by fans or paparazzi in a public store. I haven't seen the video and I don't particularly care, but I think it's far more likely that the media's trying to gin up a story out of nothing.

August 12, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Badonkadonk!

Lindsay Lohan has been huffing jenkem, which is fermented human sewage!!
    What happened to you Lindsay??? You used to be so smoking hot!

August 12, 2011 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  29. mat

mattbda@hotmail.com

August 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  30. big Al

Sorry, Thank instead of "That"
    on my last post.

August 12, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  31. big Al

@the mad rap3r. That you for the language lesson. At 50 I've never heard of this. Good to know. My mother was a teacher and she told me if I heard or saw a word and didn't know the meaning, I looked it up. I have a heck of a vocabulary because of her. Good job! We all should learm more of others in the world.

August 12, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Michael

I can't believe people are actually buying into this BS story! Brandy pretty much admitted that the allegations were false. Also, anyone who lives in or has been to Venice knows that the guy with the dog is always hanging out on Abbot Kinney blvd, he's selling what he calls "karma jewels" he claims they have "magical healing powers" basically the guy's a bit of a nut, but he's no drug dealer, I mean come on! NOBODY is stupid enough to buy and/or sell drugs in broad daylight in the middle of one of the busiest streets in Venice, residents of the community are very angry about these false allegations presented by X17, we will not have our neighborhood's good name tarnished by some falsely engineered story solely designed to generate hits, our children play on that street, if that guy was REALLY dealing drugs in broad daylight, he would've already been reported to the cops and arrested by now, we DO NOT allow this sort of thing to happen. Besides, at the end of the video when the paps ask Lindsay stupid questions like "are you going to snort the drugs"? Lindsay barely reacts at all, if she WAS buying drugs, she definitely wouldn't have been so calm and collected. I just hope this idiotic story dies down soon, we may not be the biggest fans of Lindsay, but she certainly dosen't deserve this.

August 12, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  33. DRH

As soon as I read the words, "Steve Honig, whose job it is to protect Lohan's reputation...", I resolved never to complain how hard my job is.

August 12, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  34. molleywood

yeah...Crystal meth!

August 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Pete

And if it was drugs screw let the girl waste herself away.

August 12, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Pete

People need to just leave this girl alone before they drive her to be the next famous person tragedy. Let her live her life. She's in her 20's and how many of us out there partied in our 20s? Yeah sure she's made some mistakes but leave the damn girl alone. Instead everyone has to scrutinize every move she makes whether it be good or bad.

August 12, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Angel

I think you should all mind your own damn bussiness

August 12, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Veronica

I think everyone needs to realize the struggles that society places on these child actors at a very young age. Many of them grow up to battle addiction ... She is just one of many. Rather than filming her from a nearby car people should try to help the girl get back on track. The whole thing is sad really because she does have talent.

August 12, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Jezmundberserker

Amy Winehouse... part II.

August 12, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Just your average crystal dealer

Yeah, we all know that drug deals only occur at night underneath secluded bridges. Oh and he was walking his dog! That is proof beyond all doubt that he's an upstanding citizen. Oh wait, that sounds just like my "crystal" dealer.

August 12, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  41. stymie

Take note. Lindsay will be arrested for drugs again around Thanksgiving. I'm celebrity psychic.

August 12, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  42. alecia

Uh-oh! The trains about to jump the tracks again! I think Joelle is actually Yoda on drugs!

August 12, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  43. submis

the french police in frejus protected the trafiquants of drugs from holland rezan dati have make drugs trafic with some people i know like my ex dutchs boy friends involds with them have robbe my royalties inside the french sacem make music stolen my money i been to see the mayors take apointement in sainte maxime have meet the secretary Madame magali Journeau said im my street we got the drugs trafiquants the police dont come is the female was living in holland protected in var im in danger i see also the police municiplae of sainte maxime phone number 003394960029 may be they can exemplain why no one help me and myfamily my face is serouly dammage by islmaique involds with drugs joelle esther benyayer the female muslims got papers of my family the french do nothing yet no phone today for me

August 12, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  44. kiu Walsh

For celebrity drugs are Christals for the normal people they are let's call: just drugs ...next to join Amy winehouse in R.I.P. rehab !!!

August 12, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  45. sam

Maybe this was all a PR stunt to keep her pathetic name in the papers. However I don't thing she is "that" smart. Just release a receipt showing the purchase or your "crystals" then take a drug test asap. We all know this wont happen though.

August 12, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  46. kimberly

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him/her drink...And you can put an addict in rehab but you can't make them think...As long as she is in denial, she will never accept help or seek treatment for herself. The 1st step to recovery is admitting that you have a problem!!! Sadly, some thing Lilo has never done. Maybe Robert Downey Jr. Could reach out to her? Dr. DREW COULD STAGE AN "INTERVENTION"? I think she needs a big hug and told that she is loved and that her life is better off of the drugs...Thanx Bill W.

August 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Veronica

The problem is who has tried to help her?? Truly ... her attention wh*re mother or maybe her fantastic father that took cameras from "Celebrity Rehab" to her court appearance ... she does need someone to truly reach out and help her ... I am not sure who will get through but I don't think she has many positive influences on her life.

August 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Veronica

The problem is who has tried to help her?? Truly ... her attention wh*re mother or maybe her fantastic father that took cameras from "Celebrity Rehab" to her court appearance ... she does need someone to truly reach out and help her ... I am not sure who will get through but I don't think she has many positive influences in her life.

August 12, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  47. jason rush

Go Speedracer GO!!!!

August 12, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Sherri

She's an Amy Winehouse wannabe.....sad

August 12, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • debribra

You took the words right out of my mouth.... She is not going to be satisfied until, she is as cold as Amy Winehouse. Pity!!!

August 14, 2011 at 1:02 am | Report abuse |
  49. kerrie barreiro

Idk seems kind of funny but u never what was in that baggie?? maybe crystal maybe something else but maybe everyone should b there giving her words of encouragment instead of trying to watch her slip up. i mean fcome on maybe she will actually surprise us all and come back clean & sober and ready to go back to making movies....u never know

August 12, 2011 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  50. puffin o'toodlekins

So let me get this straight – Some local store in Venice Beach sends out an employee (AND his dog) to sell some baggies of crystals to Lindsay Lohan? Hmm... it could be plausible I suppose. Maybe the store couldn't risk her stealing from them too... I'm not sure I'd let her into my store either.

August 12, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  51. derek

I'd like to bump rails off her ass...Lindsay is nice!

August 12, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  52. wowowow

she is kinda retarded... but i still want to see her naked.

August 12, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  53. LB

crystals??????? Yeah
    right. When she fires her PR man there will be a book.

August 12, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  54. 420

Anyone have a pookie?

August 12, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  55. jezzy24

after watching the video i think that the original zip lock bag with crystals that they were shown by the guy in the hat actually WERE the quartz, etc that they claim. i think this was a decoy. that way if anyone did see this exchange going down they could do exactly what they are doing now and saying "nooo not drugs! just crystals!". When the shady swapping of the money went down it clearly was not that same bag. this was the real crystals, or drugs. real clever Linds!

August 12, 2011 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  56. RG

Who cares

August 12, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  57. cherie

Hit a nerve, huh?

August 12, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  58. duane

Logan hasn't changed yet. One day there will be a big wake up call for her. Wish her the best.

August 12, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  59. Mini E.

Ok, so I really don't care what LL does with her life, however, I do care that once again the "rest of us" normal people are expected to buy this explanation??? Really??? Sometimes it seems like maybe THEY think the rest of us are buying "crystals" from some dog walker, and then smoking them! Whatever...I guess they just do what they are paid to do...protect the little princess, even to her detriment.

August 12, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • suz

YES! just because she is a "star" does not make her any difference when it comes to her being strung out on dope!

August 12, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  60. scrandis

so she was buying crystal meth. tell me something about her that's news

August 12, 2011 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  61. cherie

Are your lives so boring and empty that u care so much about other peopfles lives? Especially people u don't know?find something more constructive to do.

August 12, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  62. Osama

When will turn to p0rn?

August 12, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  63. Madame Rue

"...as she parties." How interesting. I thought she wasn't supposed to be partying?

August 12, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  64. xdougx

Dont all crystal transactions take place this way? Whats the problem? :)

August 12, 2011 at 10:11 am | Report abuse |
  65. Phil

I'm just glad she is still alive.

August 12, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  66. Unknown

And monkeys might fly out of my butt!

August 12, 2011 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  67. dee

Sure looked like white powder to me and not crystals but even supposing it really was only crystals, why does this stupid woman continually put herself in situations that require her poor, overworked assistants to keep issuing denials. Don't be caught buying a small baggie of something on the streets; don't wear platform shoes so high you can't walk in them so you're repeatedly falling down when you leave a nightclub; don't be jetting across the country when you've told a judge you cannot afford therapy.

August 12, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  68. Junkpile

Typical.....she suffers from bad liars syndrome. She couldn't think of a good lie and actually used the first word of the drug she was buying. I predict she will make the move to staring in adult flicks to support her habit.

August 12, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  69. emma

I wish one of her lesbean girlfriends would maybe smack her one.

August 12, 2011 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  70. The Måd Råp3r

Yeah they were crystals alright, crystal meth.

August 12, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  71. gosh

Gosh I cant believe anyone does not think they were drugs. I mean come on. Why dont she claim they were double cheeseburgers or even tiny little space aliens. Look at the video and see wha you think. That LiLo is just something.

August 12, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  72. Peace

Hey Mario! Finally Friday, woo hoo! As for Lilo & her crystals, *yes, I'm rollin' my eyes* ummm, crystal meth maybe...? I've grown very tired of her. Good day to ya!

August 12, 2011 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
  73. SmarterthanU

The image that this girl has created is an uphill battle for most productions. Her only career recovery is to stay sober, take on a sitcom and live a very subdue life for the next 3-5 years.

August 12, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  74. itsamemario

*sigh* damn it all. Im tired of all these *its not what it looks like* scenarios. As much as it happens you gotta believe theres some truth there..

August 12, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
    • joelle esther benyayer

August 12, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Huh?

joelle – dude! – lay off the "crystals"

August 12, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Holy crap she's back! Probably the weirdest spambot I've ever seen, google her name, she/it's all over the place.

August 12, 2011 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
    • humberto

The use of her image alone without compensation is criminal .

August 13, 2011 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |