Kristen Stewart covers the September issue of W
August 12th, 2011

Kristen Stewart: I love me a vampire

Kristen Stewart catches a lot of flak for mentioning in interviews how "Twilight" fandom has kind of/sort of taken over her life, but she didn't sound as down and out in a new interview with W magazine.

In a word, the "Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn" wedding was "Awesome," she tells W in the September issue. "This was my first wedding. It was insane. And odd. The wedding dress experience was a huge deal. I tried on one version of the dress, and it was like tweak and tweak and alter and tweak and change, and then it’s done. BFD [as in big f-–g deal] dress. Huge deal."

Read more from Kristen Stewart's interview with W magazine

"It was major," she goes on. "The last 'Twilight' book is filled with BFDs, things that people have been waiting for for so long. For me, it was ridiculously dramatic: I get married, give birth, the baby has an incredibly accelerated growth rate we’re all very concerned about, and I say goodbye to my dad for the last time ever. It was all big—I could never go, 'Whew, I’m losing this character.'"

And although she still admits that the "Twilight" fame can make her uncomfortable, it doesn't sound like she'd trade in her work on the franchise for lower wattage stardom.

"I f-–g love me a vampire," Stewart laughs. "I was 17 when I read 'Twilight,' and at the time it was so perfect for me. The script was about young kids who think they can handle stuff that they just can’t. And they’re going to do it anyway. Because, why not? Just torture yourself. I relate to that. Vampires are a little dangerous—and we girls like to test ourselves."

The final installment of the series, adapted from books by Stephenie Meyer, has been broken into two parts, with "Breaking Dawn - Part I" bowing on November 18 and the second half arriving in theaters in 2012. Seeing that she's played Bella Swan from the age of 17 to 21, Stewart was understandably expecting to have a certain kind of "moment" when the movie franchise wrapped, although it didn't come as she thought it would.

"I was going, 'Oh, my God—I wonder how I'm going to feel.' And the last scene of the shoot was at the wedding. Every single character was there on set. At the end of that day, I was kind of whacked. And so I never really had that moment then," Stewart recalls. "Instead, it happened later. We needed to film one more sort of honeymoon scene and we went to the Virgin Islands. After that scene, my true final scene, I felt like I could shoot up into the night sky and every pore of my body would shoot light. I felt lighter than I've ever felt in my life."

Read the rest of Kristen Stewart's interview in W magazine when the September issue hits newsstands August 23.

Filed under: Celebrities • Kristen Stewart • movies • Twilight

1. tiger

Once they release the behind the scenes of the shoot then all you losers can shut up. She's a naturally pretty girl. The makeup just highlights her good traits. Airbrushing yes, photoshopping no. Too much makeup? Turn on a kardashian show and you see what too much makeup looks like.

August 23, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  2. Peter

I am a 35 years old computer engineer and now I am seeking a nice woman for a stable relationship,so I got a username Alexwing432 on-Meetrich.C óM---it's the most effective site in the world to connect with, date and marry successful, beautiful people.Meanwhile,it's worthy a try.The best part is that it's completely free, unlike all the other paid dating sites.You do not have to be rich or famous!

August 16, 2011 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. Angela

It's so funny to see some of the comments...I agree the Twilight films was not great acting but check out the movie "The Cake Eaters" Kristen was really good. Give her some slack....I can't figure out the animosity in what some of you have to say. In these photos she was supposed to represent the 60's and did that beautifully. She would be great as Natalie Wood!

August 15, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. phatboi

Imagine Barry White saying "Gay".

Yea it's like that.

August 15, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Melissa

1. This girl is a terrible actress. One of the worst I've ever seen. She's wooden, she's boring, and I don't ever believe a word out of her mouth. Then again, Twilight anything sucks really bad. Its like a teenage girls diary. Most people are too embarrassed once they grow up to actually show this kind of garbage to people.

2. Those photos look like they are straight out of the 60's. That is not a good thing. This is 2011, not 1969. The photographer should be embarrassed and then fired.

August 15, 2011 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jazzy

She looks awesome! Even if it is photoshopped! :D New girl crush!!!

August 15, 2011 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joka

Wow could Kristin stewart sound any dumber?? Haha.

August 15, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. Lisa

I'd rather be reading a Sookie Stackhouse novel or watching True Blood. You all have fun arguing over a girl using too much bad language publicly

August 14, 2011 at 10:21 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Matt

Photoshop makes everything better. ;)

August 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  10. AngelWood

I don't understand the USA. This is the only country where a girl that is so awkward, bland, and talent-less can have a successful career in the entertainment industry. She is a horrible actress and it is disturbing that there are millions of young women with superior acting skills compared to K. Stewart. Her acting roles are equivalent to her real life personality. No range, no emotion, just that same tired a$$ look.

August 14, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • CrackisWhack

Finally a true statement thanks to Angel!!!...now may we play a game of beer pong and I will bounce the ball of your cold frigid tight Brit ass..and wash it down with a tall cold 40!!!...BooYah!..crack rawks...K. Stewart is our crack leader

August 15, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  11. x

This girl always has the same deer in headlights expression on her face, just no personality at all, plus what's up with the gaping mouth thing she always does? These pictures are so airbrushed, yes she's "pretty" but this is an obvious overdone airbrush job. How is she still getting work? She's a horrible actress, nice to look at though.

August 14, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  12. booom

mmmm kristen stewart's toes in my mouth

August 14, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dumbfounded

That's supposed to be the girl that played the vampire's love interest in those Twilight movies?!? Bah-hah-hah-hah!! Who do they think they're fooling? I see absolutely NO resemblance.

August 14, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. alice

She is not that bad looking....she and robert look really good together they should totally stay together,get married and have 15 kids!!!

August 14, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  15. angie almeda

I think she is very pretty..I hope she and edward stay together!!

August 14, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  16. Makeup by Jules

As a makeup artist you can use an actual airbrush machine for everything from foundation, blush, eyes, and yes even draw by hand wider/fuller lips with either a colored liner or nude liner and then the artist can either add lip color by brush or use the airbrush color. You have to have a wonderful primer on the face and even before a photo is taken the person looks "airbrushed" it is amazing add the right lighting and you get an awesome picture. *** The industry is actually frowning upon post photo airbrushing (as in photo shop airbrushing) like Julia Roberts makeup ads that were pulled from a few countries

August 13, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Believf

Man, it's called "Makeup", you never looked at someone at night all done up and then seen them the next morning. You can't all be that naive. Was the person in the club "airbrushed", or just done up nicely?

August 13, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. katydid

In one of the photos she looks like a young Elizabeth Taylor....they said that she couldn't act either. Beautiful girl.

August 13, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. heather

Oh come on, she isn't the first actor to not be red carpet glammed up to go to starbucks for a latte. sorry if this is a double post. my other one didn't seem to go through. maybe i am blocked. lol!

August 13, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Tatiana

She's just being herself. In an industry like the one she's in the only thing keeping you sane is being yourself. It's not her job to be a role model to kids. Besides, a 21 year should not be a role model to children!

August 13, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  21. dee

@ emma and alicia you are so friggin jealous it's funny! Beautiful girl and wonderful actress. Ya'll need to get a friggin life!

August 13, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mia

She always struck me as a tomboy, a cute tomboy. Nice photos though.

August 13, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jay

All this bickering aside regarding the incredibly obvious Photoshop done on these photos does nothing to change the fact that she is a HORRIBLE actress.

August 13, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Alicia

Ugh! One of the worst "actors" ever. (if you can even call her that) She has never been good at making her self seem even slightly intelligent. She has one facial expression, a flip of the hair and a half ass smile. Yes, I'm hating. Because there are many other more deserving people than this gal.

August 13, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tess

Kristen's mom needs to wash her mouth out with soap! What a potty mouth!!! So unbecoming!

August 13, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  26. neala

she looks gorgeous here, she's really growing up.

August 13, 2011 at 11:49 am | Report abuse |
  27. ohplease

Really? She's ugly? What's wrong with you people. She's a young girl who is very, very successful. Nothing like taking shots at celebs. And the person saying she needs to find Jesus – go find a religious board and spout your BS there.

August 13, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  28. Jonathan

Ooh, Kristen's got quite a potty mouth. But enough about her breath. She swears a bit much, donchathink?

August 13, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  29. trafos

She's pretty but she does have only one expression and a really annoying potty mouth!

August 13, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  30. emma

most of you girls taking up for her and saying how beautiful she is must be lesbeans. blind lesbeans at that.

August 13, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  31. emma

Look at her regular photos. Not ones that have been photoshopped. SHE LOOKS EXACTLY LIKE JAY LENO. Her huge chin and horse face make me laugh. She reallly is one of the ugliest actresses in holllywood.

August 13, 2011 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  32. Berna

Yes I could see how she could fee this way.

August 13, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  33. Steve Gilbert

I wonder if she would give a footjob to me if I was a vampire. Her feet look so soft.

August 13, 2011 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  34. tmi

She smokes pot and she swears. Ages human. However, she definitely doesn't look like those pictures. Just google her and you can see her without any makeup. In most pics it may look like she doesn't wear any, but there is usually major cover up going on with a bit of mascara and light shadow and maybe some blush and bronzer. But there is one pic on Google of her without any makeup and she is NOT attractive because her face always has so much on it, and when women wear tons of makeup, then take it off, they look horrible because their face is all worn Nd so used to that crap.

August 13, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
    • sarah

and....this is where I eye roll. Because what are you trying to prove? That she doesn't look as good without makeup? Yeah, that's like a given. lol I've seen her sans makeup, and there are times where she has really dark circles under her eyes and even bags and she looks like she needs a year of sleep. that doesn't take away from the fact she has some killer features that makeup alone can't cure. Great nose, great eyes, good bone structure, symmetrical face, great skin-these are the things that make transformations like this one possible – along with makeup and yes, even some airbrushing.

August 13, 2011 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  35. HELL NO!

Isn't every girl that comes out in the magazines I don't know is pretty! This girl or the next they all look the same to me but cussing isn't helping. I know everyone curses but hey you are role model to young teenage girls no manners nowadays. Well this is the world we live in!

August 13, 2011 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
  36. shehu

she is pretty, so when she smiles i see like the sun is shining. Wow!

August 12, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • CrackisWhack

Please lay the crack pipe down and step away Shehu...you obviously have a drug problem and should seek immediate help...now bend over the toilet and let me repent your sins, while i do a mountain of cocaine the size of a Big Gulp off your bum and wash it down with a tall cold 40!!!...BooYah!..crack rawks!

August 15, 2011 at 9:42 am | Report abuse |
  37. ThatJen

Again, to everyone gawking at her "beautiful" pics...EDITING AND AIRBRUSHING ARE WONDERFUL!!!

August 12, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • tera

she's beautiful, so when she's glammed up like this the pictures, the end result is wowza. Editing and airbrushing isn't able to make that big of a difference, unless they photoshop to high heaven. Look at pictures of her normally. She's got clear skin, delicate features, wide set eyes, straight nose, nice cheekbones. There isn't a lot of "editing" needed to be done as a result. All I see is some airbrushing and lip plumper going on.

August 12, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • dena

Don't fool yourself . Airbrushing doesn't make everyone beautiful. They used her beautiful features and worked with her main assets. I don't get why she doesn't glam herself more often, she beautiful, with a beautiful skin and stiking eyes. She manages to pull off being seductive, classic Hollywood glam, while still maintaining a subtle drop of innocence. you can see her awkward look on the cover. It's her but with more makeup than usual.

August 13, 2011 at 5:34 am | Report abuse |
  38. k4815162342

Is it just me, or does she resemble Lindsay Lohan in some of these pics? KStew is beautiful...but these pics are just off- aside from all the photoshop/air brushing

August 12, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • lolo

She looks a bit like lindsay during the mean girl era . I also see a bit of priscilla presley and liv tyler;

August 13, 2011 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  39. mejazzbo

She always looks to me to be in flight or fight mode. Like a cat looking for somewhere to scamper off to.

August 12, 2011 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Bizzle

WOW...Sign me up NOW...LOL

August 12, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Timmy

She needs to love Jesus. Vampire won't get her to Heaven. Just sayin

August 12, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  42. kay

I think that she has found her jesus. He just happens to be a vampyre.

August 12, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  43. andy

i would love for her to suck on me and draw blood.

August 12, 2011 at 7:23 pm | Report abuse |
  44. charlie crack

That hussie is a vampire.........

August 12, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Newo

she looks amazing in these pics. I have usually found her to be pretty, but wow

August 12, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  46. alice

Kristen is a great actress and I love her but I don't like all her cussing....its not like her

August 12, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Courtney

She looks really pretty in these pictures.

August 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Scott Pilgrim defeated The World

Can we say "typecast?"

August 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Redman

Still with the same expression as always

August 12, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Li55iE

I don't normally think she is pretty but in these photos she looks gorgeous!

August 12, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. talia

she looks really gorgeous here, wow.

August 12, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristen

That, my dear, is called photoshop and airbrushing.

August 12, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • DigitalWonder

Wow, that hardly looks like her.. they edited those pictures a little too much.

August 12, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • talia to "kristen"

it's a cover shot of W magazine, of course it's air-brushed. But I don't see much photoshopping at all. Those look like her features there, they are good features to play off of in terms of makeup and styling. the only real alteration is drawing a wider outline for her lips and then painting it in. Makeup and airbrushing only get you so far, you have to have a good foundation to get these kinds of results.

August 12, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • porto

I am a 44-year old asian male but I assure you they can make ME look like that on a magazine cover these days if they want to!

August 13, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
    • lyla

porto – I"m sure you make a glorious woman if dragged up, but no, you wouldn't look as good as kristen. I get what you're saying-put enough makeup on and you can achieve a look. But the more makeup you have to slop on, the more you end up looking like a drag queen, that goes for women too. That's why heavily made up women using the same techniques as Kristen here end up looking like trannies, cause the heavy makeup may glamourize, but it also makes them look more garrish too. KRisten does not look like a drag queen-the end result is her looking like an Elizabeth Taylor Jr. BIG DIFFERENCE between tranny and Elizabeth, and that has to do with the fact that Ms. Kristen actually has some great features that are enhanced by the stylizing.

August 13, 2011 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
    • That girl Miranda

She is a very beautiful girl even without photoshoping, airbrushing or makeup.

August 13, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Dragon Lady

Wow, Photoshop and retouching can make anyone look good. Case in point.

August 15, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
    • EdithGambrel

I really liked the books but the movies were diff. they made bella so plane( not looking so pretty)I was sorta disaponnted then I read up on Kristen, She cursed so much she sounded butch So I was disapointed. We do not want Bella to sound like that and will not support a actress who does, so after Twilight I will not see any more of her movies! I think a lot of people feel this way.SO CLEAN Up your act ISTEN

September 1, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |