Kathy Griffin vs. 'Hoarders' in Emmy fight
August 12th, 2011

Kathy Griffin vs. 'Hoarders' in Emmy fight

See if you can follow this TV feud, because it’s pretty funny. To promote its Emmy nomination, A&E bought out a print ad for “Hoarders that used quotes from celebrity fan Kathy Griffin.

The problem? “Hoarders” and Bravo’s “Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List” are both nominated in the reality program category.

Not happy with her competitor’s tactic, Griffin has come out with her own Emmy promo ad that reads, "Quoting me in an Emmy ad? Bravo, Hoarders. BRAVO." Griffin is pictured amongst stacks of newspapers and magazines, a la “Hoarders.”

Griffin has often mentioned her love of the A&E show and has even brought it up in her Bravo stand-up specials. But quotes like, "Hoarders is so f--g fantastic!" are now coming back to bite her.

The comedian told The Hollywood Reporter why she should get the Emmy over “Hoarders”:

"I went to Wasilla, knocked on Sarah Palin's door with Levi Johnston, marched on Washington to repeal DADT ['Don't Ask, Don't Tell'], had a pelvic exam on camera, entered the underground world of toddler pageants (where I am still the reigning Little Miss Mature Lady Grand Supreme BTW) and got acting lessons from Liza f--g Minnelli," she said. "Hoard that, bitches!"

This is the first Emmy nomination for “Hoarders,” and Griffin’s sixth in the reality program category. “D-List won the award in 2007 and 2008.

CBS' “Undercover Boss," Discovery's “Deadliest Catch and “Mythbusters and PBS' “Antiques Roadshoware also nominated in the reality category.

Which show do you think deserves the Emmy?

« Previous entry
  1. Rodney Hossain

Antiques are usually objects which show some degree of craftsmanship, or a certain attention to design such as a desk or an early automobile. They are most often bought at antique shops, or passed down as an estate. Some valuable antiques can be bought from antique dealers and auction services or purchased online through websites and online auctions. Antique dealers are often members of national trade associations, many of which belong to CINOA, a confederation of art and antique associations across 21 countries, representing 5000 dealers.*

Our personal webpage

April 19, 2013 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Agen SBOBET

Hey there I am so delighted I found your website, I really found you by mistake, while I was searching on Aol for something else, Regardless I am here now and would just like to say cheers for a marvelous post and a all round entertaining blog (I also love the theme/design), I don’t have time to go through it all at the minute but I have saved it and also included your RSS feeds, so when I have time I will be back to read more, Please do keep up the awesome work.

November 8, 2012 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Lewis

Both are about mental illness. Hoarders should win because it is about people with a true disorder. Kathy Griffin is a big mouth that got lucky.

August 15, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  4. Heidi

Hoarders should win.
    This is a no-brainer...like Griffin.

August 15, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. klaark

Hoarders: A show based on the premise that the public gets off on watching people they can deem more pathetic than they are.

Kathy Griffin: ....

Who cares?

August 14, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Teddy the Wonder Lizard

Kathy is not funny. She is mean. What happened in her past to make her that way?

August 14, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tully

Kathy Griffin is hilarious but Hoarders should win. That show is incredibly fascinating because it sheds light on a hidden type of mental illness.

August 14, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  8. charlie crack

(sic) "In no way..." *correction* sorry.

August 14, 2011 at 6:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. charlie crack

I I no way find k.griffin funny....however, if hoarders really has intentions to help people, I think it's obvious it should get the emmy.... I saw the palin episode w/ griffin and she tries too hard....plus my brother is overseas at war and I don't like that she p!sses off our troops w/ tasteless humor....she's an ugly heifer to boot.....

August 14, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
  10. Nat Q

Everything about this story makes me ashamed to be American.

August 13, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  11. dawn01

get tot that http://www.SUPERSONIC.US.COM

August 13, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  12. FIX IN TX

Sorry at the duplicate comment ~ stupid phone.

August 13, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. FIX IN TX

The only sane person I know that thinks Kathy Griffin is funny is a blind person, who just laughs her a** off at her!

August 13, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  14. FIX IN TX

The only sane person I know that thinks Kathy Gifford is funny is a blind person!

August 13, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • JC-VA

I'd say, a deaf person, I don't know why she thinks she is funny. Really... or why does anyone in US thinks she is funny...

August 14, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  15. FIX IN TX

@jared4ever ~ Hoarders only televises 48 hrs. But they leave them with aftercare with a psychologista and/or an organizer for what was not able to tackled in 48 hrs.

August 13, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4tovYfBVwU&w=640&h=390]

August 13, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Evel Knievel

If Hoarders wins the Emmy will it just get stacked up with a bunch of rotten food in the extra bedroom?

August 13, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  18. PaulS

Neither. Mythbusters deserves to win. Jaime, Adam, Kari, Tory and Grant have shown us science can be fun, and that beliefs need to be evaluated rationally. That's more valuable than showcasing people with a psychological illness as freaks for ratings, or all Kathy's (occasionally entertaining) stunts and embellished celebrity stories.

August 13, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  19. Lobo74

She's fukking desperate. Don't forget the 100's of thousands of dollars she's spent on plastic surgery trying to make herself look presentable. By the way it didn't work.

August 13, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  20. Marrisha'82

I was going to comment on that skag , but most of it's already up here.

August 12, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Mr. Ed

This woman is just plain nasty. I seen her and d@mn the thing is a walking dog on all four.

August 12, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  22. jared4ever

To Vip, Kathy Griffin has helped many gay men and women overcome many obstacles as well as she was a leading advocate for DADT. She has helped many more people than Hoarders, which tries to fix a deep seated problem in 48 hours and then moves on.

August 12, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Stacia

Kathy Griffin is a mean, hateful, nasty old hag!! She needs to go far, far away. I cannot believe they even nominated her, she deserves nothing.

August 12, 2011 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Vip

Why I think 'Hoarders" should get the award:

1) Kathy is just like every other Hollywood "actor/ess": selfish, rude, and obnoxious.
    2) 'Hoarders' has helped A LOT MORE people out of their addictions/guilt/shame/life-styles than Kathy has ever done.

August 12, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  25. jaleesa

Girrrlfrieeen can you believe that ? Them white gurls be just a fightin.

August 12, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. portalpunk

It's friday so I'm going to have a beer because I'm so FIRSTY!!!!

August 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hollywood Reporter

Win a date with Kathy Griffin!

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKX-a7TZDeY&w=640&h=390]