Kate Moss covers the September issue of Vogue
August 12th, 2011

Kate Moss's wedding was 'rock-n-roll Gatsby'

The Kills guitarist Jamie Hince proposed to Kate Moss while they were on vacation in Thailand, but it wasn't until the newlyweds caught an episode of "Big Fat Gypsy Weddings," that the model was ready to tie the knot.

“I am so romantic about Gypsies,” the model tells Vogue of how the Brit documentary gave her inspiration. “They’re not allowed to do anything until they get married. So they all get married really young, at sixteen. You can’t believe the dresses. They’re like blinging butterflies times ten; they can’t move down the aisle! It’s so genius. I was just watching Jamie, so cute, and I was like, these girls, they just spend their whole life waiting for that day—let’s do it!”

And do it they did - Hince, 42, and Moss, 37, were married in early July close to her home in Cotswold, England. But, as Moss tells Vogue, there were nerves the entire way to the aisle.

More Exclusive Photos of Kate Moss’ Wedding

“Let’s put it this way,” Moss says. “If I didn’t have my friends. . . . I don’t know how people do it. I’ve had big birthday parties, and I’ve thrown parties for other people, but this is a completely different thing. It’s the Met Ball! Because you have to look at every piece of cutlery; the details are intense. And then you wake up thinking about the ballet shoes for the girls; is the satin ribbon right? I’ve gone mental."

Even with the stress, it sounds like Moss and Hince pulled off an excellent fete with some of fashion's elite attending.

Kate Moss' best red carpet moments

“I wanted it to be kind of dreamy and 1920s, when everything is soft‐focus,” Moss explains of the ceremony. “The Great Gatsby. The code name was GG for a while. That light and that kind of fun decadence. It’s rock‐’n’‐roll Great Gatsby!”

And of course, there's the dress. Amidst the pre-wedding jitters, Moss says that was the thing that helped keep her grounded. "When I put the dress on, I’m really happy,” she says. “I forget about everything.”

For the full interview with Kate Moss, pick up the September issue of Vogue, on newsstands August 23.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. wedding makeup artists Sydney

hey you can see Sydney based mobile freelance hair and makeup artist providing service for film, television, wedding makeup, advertising, corporate, events and specializing in bridal makeup. they are amazing....

August 24, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. Steve456

I just barfed everywhere.

August 13, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. Navjot

Time for yourself is just impossible in todays life. But no doubt without entertainment life becomes impossible. Entertainment is must in life but you may have a doubt how to bring out a time in such a busy schedule . For that you should go through the Sydney Birthday Party. It tells you how you can entertain yourself in your regular hectic routine.

August 13, 2011 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
  4. ou812ic

Sorry take the 5 hours of make up preperation off of her and she is just a plain white skinny drug addict chick
    Nice role model though, as most models are
    Vast majority of them are nothing but drug riddled hoes, but that's goes with the territory of being a so called super model. I see better, cleaner, more healty, pretty girls walking dow the streets of Seattle everyday

August 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. AndreaM

The amethyst dress on that Vogue cover is WAAAAAY more amazing than her wedding dress. What a stunner, might have to buy the magazine just for that.

August 12, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. gassy pants

who cares about this stupid wedding....I have to go to the bathroom!

August 12, 2011 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  7. jo watson

From her comments it's clear she got married for all the right reasons.

August 12, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Kristy

Their wedding was beautiful, and they are a beautiful couple. I had the privelage of watching and meeting The Kills before Jamie Hince and Kate Moss got married and he was nothing short of a gentleman. I'm guessing that they compliment eachother wonderfully.

August 12, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. mat

mattbda@hotmail.com

August 12, 2011 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Cal777

Best of luck to Kate and Jamie! Tired of all the bad press on Kate. Congrats to you both!

August 12, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Krista

I loved that she had all the little girls as bridesmaids/flower girls. Such a cute idea. She looked gorgeous! Love the whole theme ;)

August 12, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jennifer

Kate must not have watched "My Big Fat Gyspsy Wedding" very closely Those girls aren't allowed to do anything AFTER they're married, not before! Once the ridiculous dress comes off, she just cleans the trailer all day and waits for her drunk husband to come home and give her permission to do anything else.

August 12, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Heather

I'm crazy about the flower girl/bridesmaid dresses. I think she got exactly the effect she described and she managed to avoid trendiness.

August 12, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  14. weesnaw

I just don't give a shіt. Does that make me a bad Amurrikun?

August 12, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • You're Transparent

It's the lying that makes you a bad . . . person. Clearly you clicked on the article and took the time to comment, so stop lying about not caring.

August 12, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lisa

Beautiful and original. I'm tired of the strapless gowns.

August 12, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • AndreaM

Good luck finding anything other than strapless though. Trust me, trying to find anything with a sleeve that isn't a "modest" dress is damn near impossible. Thank god I'm able to make my own wedding dress cause when it comes to something so completely unusual as an elbow-length flare sleeve lace and tulle dress, there is literally nothing available.

August 12, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Lauren

She looks beautiful and I love the romance of the whole thing, but I am still sorry to say she makes a poor role model to be on the cover of Vogue with her drug/addiction history – what are we telling our younger generation?

August 12, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. a

Gorgeous. I love the theme!

August 12, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  18. kgotway

Beautiful wedding, but trying to create a theme of a wedding based on the Great Gatsby is insane considering the adultery, alcohol abuse, and general lawlessness portrayed by the characters in that book.

August 12, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Melodic

Well then it's perfect for Kate Moss, knowing her addiction and criminal history.

August 12, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Kathy

Very pretty

August 12, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leroy

It is cute the way the herion and cokehead couple take pictures and are going to pollute the world with their future coke and herion babies........it truly is magical.

August 12, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |