'Jersey Shore': 'I made it in Florence'
August 12th, 2011

'Jersey Shore': 'I made it in Florence'

It wasn’t a bad episode....but it wasn’t a good one, either. “Shore” always loses something without its main character: Seaside Heights.

Hopefully things will pick up the more they take advantage of their new Florence backdrop - language barriers, pizza, etc.

Another thing “Shore’s” Italian edition is missing is a duck phone, but that doesn’t stop Ron from making a phone call to his new back-up girl, Hannah. I’m going to have to take Sammi’s side on this one: Don’t invite your rebound to stay with you in Italy when you’re living with your ex. You’ll be home in, like, 12 episodes. It can wait.

In other news, Pauly debuts a new windbreaker jacket and Deena falls… a lot.

The gang goes to the grocery store to get ready for a Sunday dinner feast, except – shocker – everything is in “another language.” I wonder which one…

When Snooki finally wakes up, in time for dinner, she calls Jionni to say hello. But he’s not thrilled she hasn’t been keeping in touch with him. Between the time change and the fact that Snooki spends more than half her day under the covers, Jionni should be happy she even picked up the phone. The Situation couldn’t have been any creepier when he tried to comfort Snooki/get in her pants.

JWoww, meanwhile, is the most excited about starting work at Marco’s pizzeria.

“When I’m 80 years old and I’m making pizza in my kitchen and I’m teaching my kids how to make pizza and they ask me, ‘Oh, where’d you learn how to make pizza?’ Bitch, I made it in Florence,” she says.

She then heads to the kitchen to grind up coffee beans with some kind of meat tenderizer. “Oh, where’d you learn how to make coffee, JWoww?”

Later, at the club, Ron goes into Miami-mode, getting so drunk he can barely stand on his own. He tells the crew about all the women he was with before crossing the pond, and his plans to fly Hannah out. Naturally, Sammi gets upset, but, surprisingly, handles herself really well.

Across the club, The Situation meets an American girl that everyone calls ugly. Even Sitch gives her a pair of dark glasses to put on when they step outside.

While Sitch gets to know his new friend, Ron and Vinny hop in the love-cuzzi for some male bonding.

The episode ends with some pretty funny “she’s too young for you” jokes – “If she only owns ‘Snow White’ on DVD, she’s too young for you.” Oh, and a very drunk Sammi confessing her love to Ron, but he’s not having it – thank goodness.

What did you think of last night’s episode?

Post by:
Filed under: Jersey Shore • TV recaps

1. You Can't Handle The Truth

I missed a episode cause I was moving and now it thursday and I missed it again. I MISSED TWO EPISODES! Did Mike and Ron fight yet? Who won

August 25, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bondini, Jacob

The only reason to watch JS..... Jwoww=WOW

August 24, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  3. Truth Keeper

How can anyone watch this?....more important question is how can them cast members wear crosses but act same as heathens?,...guess some are only called Christian by name only.

August 20, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  4. ProperVillain

Glad we sent such stellar examples of classy Americans to Italy. I was in Italy around the same time as these morons and I feel really bad for the Italians. They are a great, kind, and amazing people. They don't deserve to have the iconic "Ugly Americans" unloaded on them. I wish Florence would have welcomed them with a one way trip down the Arno...

August 19, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. derp

"Last night, for the first time in four seasons, I fell asleep during “Jersey Shore.”

That;s because sooner or later drunken NY retards are no longer funny or interesting.

August 15, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mr. Ed

Well anyone that never grinded their own coffee beans before won't know that. I don't know anyone that knows how to grind coffee. You go to stores and they have big coffee grinder machines there. I'm from NYC and she live in NY. So what's your point? Should we know what a coffee grinder look like?

August 12, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  7. hirohito

The funny thing about jwow was that she used a garlic press to grind coffee, more funny was that the first thing she picked up with the crank was an old style coffee grinder.

August 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. charlie crack

Hey all.....@prezpeace, @BV, @junkpile, @mad,@alecia, @mario....(jackie chan all day the cali way bro....)........Junkpile you crack me up.....all the girls hello and hope you had a nice day.........all of yall have a great weekend, have some fun........be safe, be good.......... :)

August 12, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

Oops.....sorry @portal........you must just love to be firsty......give me a d@mn beer bro.....matter of fact a six pack because I'm headin' to @mario's..........ha haaaaaaaaa.........be good bro

August 12, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Junkpile

Be safe C.C. and have a good weekend!

August 13, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Beautiful Vixen

Hi Mario, Peace, Junkpile, Aleica !! Yes..hope all have a wonderful weekend (you too Potalpunk..don't be too Firsty this weekend). Sorry you have to work Mario, but like you said, at least you are employed. Yes @16 that was pretty funny. Catch up with you guys next week ~ xoxo

August 12, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  10. itsamemario

hey peace, how r you? tgif to everyone even though i work this whole weekend. oh well, least im employed. have a good weekend @peace, charlie, b.v. and everyone else :)

August 12, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Peace

BV, alecia, portalpunk, & Junkpile, Thanks for the laugh! 16, That was kinda funny, too! How long have you been pg, now?

August 12, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. alecia

If Italy ever had a reason to cut all friendly ties with the United States this is it! We should start apologizing now!

August 12, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. 16 and pregnant mom to be

Look at the two Ho~Mos giggling as they pee in the hot tub.

August 12, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Beautiful Vixen

You said it yourself that you fell asleep during the show last night. Jwow was looking for a coffee grinder and she couldn't find one, that's why she was grinding the coffee beans the way that she did. Would her have rather her grinded it between the crack of her a$$ instead? ...just saying. Mike is ugly and he is a pig. Sammie needs to get over it with Ronnie and move on. (I hope to g-d those two don't hook up again), and Ronnie should bring his new girl. I sure if Sammi had a new bf she would bring him on the show.

August 12, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  15. portalpunk

these guys are my hero's, Italy should send use a thank you note for sending them over to them.

August 12, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  16. Junkpile

Paulie picks up a new jacket to break wind in...Deena trips on her balls over and over.....the grocery store won't sell groceries to morons.....snooki doesn't know how to use a phone....the situation tries to do his best impression of a 2 pump chump with that thing called the snooki......Jwoww makes coffee in the toilet.....later Ron goes into full on weiner mode at the bar......Sammi

August 12, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Junkpile

Gets her g string in a wad.....Sitch meets a girl that is actually attracted to him......Ron and Vinnie experiment with man on man action in the jaccuzi ......LAME LAME LAME

August 12, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |