Beyoncé's NYC show sells out in 22 seconds
August 12th, 2011

Beyoncé's NYC show sells out in 22 seconds

The first show in Beyoncé's upcoming concert series went on sale Wednesday... and sold out in 22 seconds!

The "4 Intimate Nights With Beyoncé” will be held at NYC’s Roseland Ballroom on August 14, 16, 18 and 19. For each show, Bey will perform the entire collection of her latest album, “4.”

Don't get too excited, because all four nights are already sold out - every ticket was taken within just one minute.

“4,” the fourth studio album from the R&B diva, was released in June, and was her fourth album to debut at No. 1 on the Billboard charts.

1. beer pong table for sale

Hi there, You've performed an excellent job. I'll definitely digg it and for my part suggest to my friends. I'm confident they will be benefited from this website.

November 21, 2012 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  2. zoektocht vader

Wonderful goods from you, man. I've consider your stuff previous to and you are just too wonderful. I actually like what you have obtained right here, really like what you are saying and the best way wherein you are saying it. You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can't wait to read much more from you. That is actually a terrific web site.

September 13, 2012 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Velata,Velata Fondue,Velata Fondue Chocolate,Velata Fondue Warmers,Velata Fondue Pots,Buy Velata,Buy Velata Fondue,Buy Velata Fondue Chocolate,Buy Velata Fondue Warmers,Buy Velata Fondue Chocolate,Buy Velata Fondue Chocolate Online,Buy Velata Online,Buy V

Hi! I wish to say that this post is amazing. I'd like to see more like this! Cheers!

September 12, 2012 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. signs of pancreatic cancer

We are a bunch of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your website offered us with valuable information to work on. You have performed a formidable activity and our whole neighborhood can be grateful to you.

June 27, 2012 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  5. Find out how to lose weight fast

Looks like I found an interesting site. I am just getting started on the Internet. I am retired now. It seems like there are millions of blogs on the Internet today and the more I read the more I want to comment on them. I think that you have to put some attention on a blog to bring it above the dry and boring verbage that is common, and you have definitely accomplished that. I not only read and comment on the blogs of others but I now have my own blog and my own website. In the text boxes I have entered my email address and my website URL. Is it ok that I included them? TheVeryBest2You 13 6

June 24, 2012 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  6. polski sklep w uk

Great information once again. Thank you=)

June 23, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Velata,Velata Fondue,Velata Fondue Chocolate,Velata Fondue Warmers,Velata Fondue Pots,Buy Velata,Buy Velata Fondue,Buy Velata Fondue Chocolate,Buy Velata Fondue Warmers,Buy Velata Fondue Chocolate,Buy Velata Fondue Chocolate Online,Buy Velata Online,Buy V

I've been searching high and low for info on this topic. Cheers!

June 6, 2012 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. cheap perfume online

Hi there very cool website!! Man .. Beautiful .. Wonderful .. I will bookmark your blog and take the feeds also?I'm satisfied to seek out numerous helpful info right here within the post, we'd like work out extra techniques on this regard, thank you for sharing. . . . . .

May 28, 2012 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  9. cheap tickets flights

Its like you read my thoughts! You appear to know so much about this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I believe that you simply can do with a few % to drive the message home a bit, but instead of that, that is excellent blog. A fantastic read. I'll certainly be back.

May 27, 2012 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  10. online marketing|offline marketing|online and offline marketing|offline and online marketing|web maketing|website marketing

Hello There. I discovered your weblog using msn. This is an extremely neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your helpful information. Thank you for the post. I will certainly return.

May 15, 2012 at 5:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. Angele Olten

Im playing with my pen in my mouth as I read this article, hehe. I guess im really interested in the info in front of me. Kudos to you for making my brain work.

September 9, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. baidu456

Of course, what a magnificent website and illuminating posts, I definitely will bookmark your blog.Have an awsome day!

September 8, 2011 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  13. Darlene

I thought it was funny in her recent video about getting married. A very white looking black women dancing with a room fulll with her black groom in a room full of blacks.

August 28, 2011 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. Zaria Anderson

Cool! They need to make some more tickets<3

August 18, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  15. DM

Thats one transaction. Who bought the tickets and why?

August 15, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  16. Matt

All that proves is how pathetic people are that they would consider her entertainment. If we could drop a bomb on this concert then the world would have a great start in ridding itself of many, many idiots.

August 15, 2011 at 10:10 am | Report abuse |
  17. GuestColin

Although I'm not a huge fan of her music, I would definitely pay to see her in concert much for the same reason I paid a whole lot to take my fiance to see Cher – people like this, are true entertainers, much more so than just 'musicians' or 'singers'. They put on a helluva show and make it worth the admission price. I could take or leave Cher's music, but her show was a blast. I imagine Beyonce's is as well.

August 15, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  18. petercha

Betcha scalpers are already selling those tickets on Ebay!

August 15, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  19. Scalper Steve

This really shouldn't mean anything as 95% of the tickets more than likely went to brokers who are going to resell them for 5 times the face value. It's really pathetic. Thank You for ruining the concert going experience for all of us, a**holes! :)

August 15, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  20. Sant

I would never ever pay to see this stuck up woman who thinks she is god's gift to humanity.
    I was eating a few years ago in Nobu Milan and her table was right next to mine. She was so arrogant with the waiters and everyone around her. And if you even dared to look at her her bodyguards would snap your neck in half.
    I was actually a pretty uncomfortable dinner as they were making so much noise and we could not even turn around.
    I really hope to never get seated next to that pretentious woman ever again!

August 15, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  21. Joe

Maybe these people should be using their hard earned money to buy something they really need....

August 15, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  22. Damion

There are companies that robot calls and buy all the tickets at once, then resell them at a 50% upcharge-I think it should be illegal, but this is what happened here, it happens to most of the "Big" concert artist. You will see tickets available online this week for a huge upcharge....

August 15, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  23. Kelly Rowland

Beyonce? She a HO!

August 15, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  24. Thenextstep

Who the heck is she ?????????

August 15, 2011 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  25. Eva

WOW you've said a mouthful thank you

August 15, 2011 at 6:47 am | Report abuse |
  26. WOW

I see why the US is being laughed at around the world...you idiots are the poster children for "MISERABLE"...I never seen such a bunch of hateful (for no other reason than being jealous/resentful) people in my life, you might have 15% of your population who have a soul/sense of human kindness/respect. It has become really sad to constantly read the hate (especially between blacks and whites). I wonder if you were all the same skin color with the same attributes....would you still be this "MISERABLE" and hateful towards each other....if you are a bitter/UGLY person....please don't open your mouth and announce/confirm it to the worlld...there is nothing like an ugly soul....

August 15, 2011 at 6:42 am | Report abuse |
  27. Marny

@AC tell me why anyone would pay to see a fat ugly awful woman that acts like a wh*re? If brothers prefer white women then why did rich Hova marry a fat,ugly,black woman who acts like a wh*re ?

August 15, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  28. MY POOP!

I took a poop once and sold tickets to see it i sold 4,000 tickets in 10 seconds. My poop is very popular becuase the tickets are selling 3x the price.

August 15, 2011 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  29. Carlo Carboni

If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it, If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it, If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it, If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it, If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it, If you like it then you shoulda put a ring on it.............. OH BROTHER. Gimme a break. She sucks.

August 15, 2011 at 3:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Momma Carboni

Its my computer and i told u not to play on it, its my computer and i told u not to play on it. dont get mad when i slap yo a** for bein on it. oh oh oh uh oh uh uh.

August 15, 2011 at 4:34 am | Report abuse |
  30. Pauly Carboni

I wouldn't cross the street to see her, if the show was free & they put me front row.

August 15, 2011 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Momma Carboni

Youd play in the street and get hit in heavy traffic though. i told you about that you idiot

August 15, 2011 at 4:31 am | Report abuse |
  31. raymond

You people amaze me hey how can you even say beyonce can't sing?you guys are just jealous,talentless human beings who just hate on someone just cause they are great and I suppose you think Britney,Madonna,etc can sing...now that's pathetic you know damn well that there is no performer or artist who can stand next to Beyonce in this generation and that's a fact

August 15, 2011 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Tony Carboni

Ha ha. You're a loser. You have no musical taste. Beyonce blows, Madonna & Britney do too, only worse.

August 15, 2011 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  32. AC

This is a total scam and, of course, CNN is totally falling hook, link, and sinker. These ticket agencies are selling to their partners and/or subsidiaries and using the 'sellout' as a marketing ploy. Beyonce's music is awful and she's fat, ugly, and looks and acts like a wh%re.

August 15, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  33. kimznojoke

This story might be more impressive perhaps if it were applicable to the Madison Square Garden. Either way, they couldn't GIVE me tickets to sit through one of her performances ... enough already!

August 14, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  34. reg42434

Ticket brokers no doubt bought up the tickets and you'll see them online for hundreds more than what they originally sold for. They do this all over the country and I wish the industry would do something about it.

August 14, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Franklin

Also out of all these comments, not one person referred to her as 'Bey'. That's a name the media has been trying hard to get everyone to use.. But nobody ever does. You know why? 'Bey' sounds dumb. Give it up media.

August 14, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Joel

Phew! I thought for sure she would have to fake an illness to get out of undersold (ie, profit losing) appearances like the rest do.

August 14, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Katie

I don't know much about Beyonce's off-stage persona, her personal life, etc. I do believe she is beautiful and talented, and I have some of her songs on my iPod. All this talk about whether she can sing (your kidding, right?) or is fat (I would love to be her "fat") is sad and ridiculous.

August 14, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Joe Mahma

There are about a million ads on NYC craigslist from people selling tickets to this show.

August 14, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  39. JS

3200 seats? Big deal! All by corporate scammers and stub hub resellers. What a scam!

August 14, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  40. laur

How does a show sell out that quick? How many agents are there and how fast can you process 3200 tickets, even online that's insane. I remember trying to get tickets for Madonna in the 80's and shows would sell out that fast....my guess is there is actually very few seats for the general population that is why they go so fast. Lucky for those who got tickets!

August 14, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  41. x

I think Beyonce is def. a hard working performer, but she's by far the most overrated artist, if you could even call her that. She has a great voice, but all she does is shout and holler in every song, basically being a show off and a diva. She tries too hard to come off as "deep" but it always seems very forced and contrived. She's all gimmick but no substance. There's something kind of fishy about this "record breaking" 22 second sell out. It just seems yet again another marketing ploy to show how "record breaking" she is, just as they do for every other popular artist these days, it's all about "breaking records." Otherwise, i'm sure she'll put on a great show, i just don't understand all the hoopla surrounding her in general.

August 14, 2011 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Shejaya

Looks good, can't sing. That would hurt her at MSG where it's harder to see the stage. She is ALL visual, her voice is a thin, whiny monotone. Perhaps bill herself as a dancer, face model but preposterous t call herself a singer.

August 14, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jeff

While the sell-out is great, just doesn't seem to give the average fan a chance. These are the fans that drive her popularity. I'm going to bet it was a sell-out by some company or something was that was rigged.

August 14, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Cranky John

21 seconds is all I could tahe of her talentless over hyped so called show

August 14, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  45. P

Umm, yeah I don't think we're in a recession anymore

August 14, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Christy

They were all bought by scalpers. It happens to artists all the time.

August 14, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Dee

Goes to prove that a fool and their money are soon parted.

August 14, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  48. Moby49

All about the money, nothing about the fans.

August 14, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  49. erich2112x

For those of you who are feverishly at work solving the mystery behind selling out in 22 seconds, they sell tickets online now. That thing that you're looking at right now while reading this post, they do it with that.

August 14, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  50. Blunttalk

August 14, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  51. Don_J

No big deal... some promoter(s) with computers application designed to do just that... remember a few years ago they were doing the same thing with "Hannah Montana"... thos tickets will be on sale this week for face value plus about 10 – 30% and you suckers will buy them.

August 14, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  52. AnotherScam

Don't worry folks, if you really want to go see the show. Ticket brokers bought up the seats in a deal that was reached loooong before this fake ticket sale. You will be able to find them online at drastically increased prices...secondary commercial markets are a scam, plain and simple...I prefer the black market...

August 14, 2011 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  53. Hayley

This would make me have no hope for the world, but the Red Hot Chili Peppers sold out their concert on the 24th in about 10 minutes, still pretty incredible (Plus I managed to get tickets :D). So at least there are still people out there with decent taste.

August 14, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Bey is awesome live!

Red Hot WHO? Never heard of them. Go Bey! Love you...

August 14, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • kennedy220

taste is only opinion. red hot chilli peppers bored the hell out of me at their concert in austin backin 98. i mean i dig them but to say that your taste is better than anyone elses is absurd

August 14, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  54. charlie crack

Sorry for duplicate.... I apologize. Smart phones not so smart...

August 14, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  55. charlie crack

I agree w/ @Ed...great PR. And, I have seen first hand that sports teams owners set aside #'s of tix for scalpers....those that say they are brokers, stop. You're a scalper....it's all $ driven like anything in this world and what owner/artist turns down that? And, yes all the stubhubs etc are crooks...they have computers that mass purchase tix and milk others.... Truth be told...

August 14, 2011 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  56. charlie crack

I agree w/ @Ed....great PR. And these people on here claiming to be ticket brokers, stop, please....you're a scalper.... I work in sports and have seen the owner set aside a certain amount of tickets just for scalpers.....and have seen them get em' backdoor firsthand....so ilike all, it is a $ driven situation....what owner/artist will turn away $$$? And computers do swoop up all the tickets first, so those who think they don't are wrong Truth!

August 14, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  57. 3ide or die chick

Oprah,Nancy Pelosi,Casey Anthony and Beyonce the most hated women in America

August 14, 2011 at 5:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Toronto Girl

You are one sick puppy! Regardless if this is news or not ....just be happy for her. Folks music is a Universal language!
      good for you Beyonce!!!!!

August 15, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  58. wendy5

1 or 2 people probly bought them all; like a corpoation to give to clients

August 13, 2011 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Alex

There's something wrong when every ticket is sold in 22 seconds. It's one of the reasons I simply ignore it when a big name is announced to perform in my city – even one I might be interested in. They need to put more rules in place to stop this sort of thing from happening because it turns into a big rip off. I mean, it's not as if there's any danger of a Beyonce concert NOT selling out, so limiting "robo-buying" to maybe 20% of the tickets isn't too much to ask.

August 13, 2011 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  60. John Steel

and 90% of the tickets were purchased by Ticket Brokers using computerized buying programs. This is nonsense, there is no possible manner in which 8,000 ticket requests and purchases could be processed in 22 seconds.

I think she is a minimally talented hack, but to those moaning about this – it is a free country, if people want to spend their money on this, they are free to do so.

August 13, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Hustler

Who do u think Beyonce is talking about in that 'Best thing I never had' vid? Do you tink she's right?

August 13, 2011 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  62. bob

I slept outside to get front row to DEVO in 1982... I really miss those days...

August 13, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Mariee

Well so much for being in a recession, are they mostly men that want to see her half naked? Because it can't be the voice.

August 13, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  64. asteroidbrain

That's not even mathematically possible. It takes me 22 seconds to get my wallet and take my credit card out of it. Then another 22 seconds to swipe the card and finish the transaction. AAH...SENSATIONALISM, part of a journalist job to get views.

August 13, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  65. Ed

What an absolute load of crap! Great PR though....

August 13, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  66. Melvin B.

I love it!! JZ you are one lucky man.

August 13, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  67. erich2112x

You get 22 seconds to secure a spot to see that beautiful as$ shakin' live

August 13, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  68. blunttalk

Most concerts are rigged to 'sell out' fast. It is easy to tickets to the show so it makes one wonder who is buying all those tickets with no intent to go watch. 'Pre sales' is another gimic. If the pre-sales are not up to expectations, then the entertainment contract outs for someone to buy them out. A small venue is always a low risk. Jay Z is not goning to let his wife not sell out.

August 13, 2011 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  69. Jay

Wow.. let this been gaga, brittney or any other white performer. You guys would've blown it up. Beyonce is the best performer of this day and age. You can say anything you want about her, but you can never say she's not a great performer nor singer. People, please stop the negativity because it really is uncalled for. She's Forbes most influential black woman of our time, and she deserves her damn respect

August 13, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  70. Debie

22 seconds is amazing, and i am not surprised at all. This was an intimate performace for Beyonce, just like the one in Las Vegas, which also sould out in minutes. Beyonce is Beyonce, her name and image will sell like hot cakes, she isnt the best performer of our generation for nothing. I am just grateful that a true role model with real talent exists in todays entertainment world. And her performing live is an event everyone should experience before death, because this woman can sing her lungs out.

August 13, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
    • AC

Offensive – this person is a being paid by Beyonce. Beyonce is awful, fat, and ugly. These ticket agencies are totally scamming you sheep with their fake news.

August 15, 2011 at 12:26 am | Report abuse |
  71. matthew327

SO ALL OF YOU KNOW, THE BAND PHISH, SOLD OUT THE MADISON SQUARE GARDEN IN 1995, THREE NIGHTS, DEC. 29,30,31ST... 3 NIGHTS AT MSG IN 52 SECONDS.. 22 seconds for you do the math here, 3500×3 msg holds over 20k...

August 13, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  72. dee

try selling an arena... im sure jayz bought it all.... this headline is so misleading... cheap tricks all the way from this overrated, over dramatic thing

August 13, 2011 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  73. Big A

COLEWORLD 9/27/2011. J. COLE is gonna take over the rap game (DONT SLEEP ON THIS KID). THE come up, the warm up, Friday Night Lights mixtape download them now. Jcolemusic.com

August 13, 2011 at 3:31 am | Report abuse |
  74. FU

I wonder how long it will take before people get bored at the show...

August 13, 2011 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  75. porto

The dumbed down public would just swallow up any cr@p tossed their way these days.

August 13, 2011 at 2:24 am | Report abuse |
  76. QuietStormX

I guess if you want to see any of these shows, I guess you will have to pat through the nose? Resellers are probably going to make bank fron ones who want to see the shows. I guess if the prices and seat locations are way out of face value and real people can't buy them I guess there will be areas of empty seats and ones who wasted thier money to buy the tickets, and not go.... You can't go no where and pay actual price for events. You'll have to know people to get tickets at actual price. I hate this.

August 13, 2011 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  77. BeyonceGagsMe

I agree, Troy, just a promotional ploy. As soon as I heard them talking about her "record-breaking" sell-out on the news this evening, I knew it was just a lot of manufactured public relations crap.

August 13, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  78. BeyonceGagsMe

I feel the same, MLV. From the waist up, she's gorgeous, and she sings well. Other than that, she's embarrassingly stupid in interviews. She bats her eyes, works to project a contrived sweetness, then performs for Khadafy's sons (are you God blessed kidding me, or what) and has a stage act that goes beyond filth. If I had daughters, they would NOT be allowed to see Beyonce perform. I would explain that I wanted better for them than that in their lives. I don't mind suggestive dancing, but what she does is sick. That so many people accept and admire her is simply one more indication of how far we've fallen as a society. Seriously. Next she'll be performing for the president of Syria. Plus, her legs are ugly. :)

August 13, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  79. Amber Genisis

What have any of you ever sold out of to anyone not including integrity? You don't have to like Beyonce or anybody but dang so much hate,but still these blogs are a good 'out' for some of you,I guess it's better to release you bitterness here than on real people in your messed up lives.

August 12, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Fredrik

Those scalpers and ticket resellers are very fast. It's no wonder fans can seldom get good tickets to shows. There needs to be legislation!

August 12, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • BRBSanDiego

Can't read – a little slow. Enroll in South Bay Trade School and learn how to sandblast car parts for the rest of your life.

August 13, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  81. leslielittle

22 seconds? I bet NONE of the people who bought them are actually going! It doesn't even mean that she's "that popular"...it just means people bought them to scalp them! Scalpers pick them all up....this happens to EVERY single concert I want to see. These artists really need to do something about the scalping industry. Their fans are getting ripped off!!!!!! I don't even go to concerts anymore because I refuse to pay more than face value! RIDICULOUS!

August 12, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  82. mlv

Wow, she still has fans?

August 12, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  83. jayman419

I bet 99 percent of them end up for sale online. I don't like the trends that have followed the decision to let the sellers and the re-sellers merge into a single company.

August 12, 2011 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  84. NoScalpers

I just checked Stubhub, and they have hundreds and hundreds of tickets left. I don't consider it sold out until there are no tix left to buy! Come on CNN, the scalpers are ruling these sales, and you are being stupid by writing this article the way you did.
    BTW, I find this whole process so very offensive and will never buy from a scalper if I can help it.

August 12, 2011 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Maurice

Keep own hurtin em baby girl.

August 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Glenda in Texas

Four nights and all tickets sold in 22 seconds? How can that be?

August 12, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Aisha

I find it truly sad that people jump on here to knock a person down when they are doing well. Beyonce has worked hard to get to the position she is in right now. Not onlly as an African American women (please save me the BS of "oh she is acting white" because we should be moved forward from that) but as a performer in a horrible economy. Regardless of what the media/blogs/critics/haters says of how she got there she has a solid fan base and its typical America to not accept achievements. If you dont like Beyonce hit it where it hurts the most: dont buy her tickets, dont listen to her songs, dont watch/buy her DVDs and stay clear of her products. But dont try to make excuses for her achievements because its hard for you to accept her popularity. She never "bought" fans, she gives it her all at every live performance whether award show or huge concert or a small venue and the talent is still there. At the end of the day a hater is an undercover fan and if she was standing in front of you now, you would be the FIRST to ask for an autograph. Good on you Bey, paving the way for other female performers who dont use lip syching and computerized tracks while performing.

August 12, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Cary

After reading some of these comments, it seems that most people forgot it is called "4 INTIMATE nights with Beyonce"....That is why she is in a smaller venue...not because she is not popular or could not sell out MSG or any other major venue, but because that is the point of these performances to be more personable and intimate....

August 12, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  89. DARTH VADER

all the tickets are
    on ebay

August 12, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Vip

I don't care for Beyonce and have never listened to her music, but if people are over her then it's time for her to exit stage left.

August 12, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  91. jaleesa

Beeoncie always be a makin them smelly girl toots that smell straaaange.

August 12, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  92. windrider2

Im gawyn to see Parliment Funkadellic this weeken. They be the best.

August 12, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  93. windrider2

That sista always be a breakin wind tho. Massive stinky toooots. Smell like she been eatin chineese food or somethin funky.

August 12, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  94. laquecia

She gonna be gettin jiiggy at that show. Malt Liquor be a flowing and fried chicken galore.

August 12, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mister B

And your sister going down on every roadie in the joint....as usual.

August 12, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Something else

You are so ignorant. I will be there and could buy and sell you over 10 times. Why post if you have to make those types of statements, go back to your trailer park.

August 14, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  95. SmarterthanU

StubHub has an average of 500 tickets for sale each night of the show. The public has no chance when pre-sale and scalpers gobble up everything. It's not worth being a fan of anything. Pay to see someone that has 50 million in the bank? Makes no sense.

August 12, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  96. xdougx

Damn scalpers!!!!!!!!

August 12, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  97. J.C.

Well, good thing Beyoncé has an American Express Card with no preset spending limit...

August 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Sweet and Sour Chicken

About enough time for Hugh Hefner to please Crystal and 10 other playmates!

August 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Troy

Nobody's checking for beYAWNcy anymore. She's doing smaller venues because two years ago, her daddy had the record company vying for her and he was wheeling and dealing scandalously for beYAWNcy...but she wasn't or hasn't ever sold as well as the record execs expected or wanted and none of her cd's sold to the capacity of recouping it's promotion, nor the multiple video's for almost every song on each of her three previous cd's. In order to recoup the monies lost and put into the promotions, she was forced to tour non-stop. Since she's been back (which she's never left – and God knows I wished she would just go), she's doing smaller venues because the record company/execs are not willing to take a chance on her anymore. I wished she'd just go somewhere and retired or just out of the limelight FOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRRR-EVER. Plus I can't believe she sold out that quick that's just a promotional ploy. As always, she's always tried to come across as "selling the most this" or "selling the most that" – She's desperate for attention.

August 12, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • jefroweld

It's amazing what passes for "news" nowadays. I don't think I would walk across the street to see her for free :)

August 12, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Kim

Sadly over half of the tickets likely went to scalpers/brokers to resell at an enormous markup.

August 12, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
  101. ????

Her husband bought all the tickets, sold them tickets master to be sell to public for 25% more................

August 12, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  102. tracie

Well, beyonce is white so I have no idea why she is trying to be a rapper.

August 12, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
  103. boocat

Roseland is a small venue...NYC has 8,000,000 people counting the outer boroughs...big deal...

August 12, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Pessimist

Of course it sold out. She's playing at a venue that holds 3000 people.... how long would it take her to sell out 4 nights at MSG. Chances are she wouldn't...

August 12, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • windrider2

Of course she could sell out MSG. It might take 1 hour instead of 1 minute, but she is a great live performer and her fans track every show and snap up the tickets as soon as they go on sale.

August 12, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  105. popeater

so every ticket was taken within a minute, but it sold in 22 seconds? i'm confused. How is this possible? Doesnt it take atleast 2-3 minutes to purchase the tickets online? 22 seconds?? yea right!!

August 12, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • heliocracy

It happens so fast because scalpers employ automated scripts that buy up large blocks of tickets automatically, with no human intervention.

August 13, 2011 at 3:44 am | Report abuse |
  106. mike

funny i can find the tickets on sale still, stub hub, and other parts of ticket master. they just transfer them to their sister sites and jack up the price. there are no real honest sales anymore. People should boycott all show as long as they do this kind of greed sale.

August 12, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  107. laquecia

MSG gives me the diarreah something awful. I tell them chineese not to put it on my lo mein but they do anyhows.

August 12, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  108. laquecia

They runned out before I got my tickets. DId get me and my homies some menthol cigarettes though.

August 12, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Bob

why not get a bigger venue to accommodate more fans if the demand is that high? seems pretty silly to me.

August 12, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • jimbo

My thoughts exactly. If she had a show at say...MSG and it sold out in 22 seconds that would be something to report on.

August 12, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • VampireJack

Because she can't headline in front of a massive crowd off the back of her own material. This is why.
      Yes, she headlines a night at Glastonbury, but how many people there were actually "her" fans?

August 13, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • kennedy220

she has headlined her own shows before

August 14, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Leonid Brezhnev

Most people really don't care.

August 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Life

So glad this reported as news. Because if it was a white pop star they would have made CNN headline news a long time ago. 22 seconds, is magic. Its a demand for Beyonce! If it was Gaga, Britney, JLo (doubt it) or Justin Timberlake talk about the main stream media attention they would have gotten. So bravo Marquee for support Beyonce with positive news.

August 12, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Arran

Why you have to bring in Black and White issue in everything. Looks like you are black, considering Beyoncy is black, pretending to be not black.

August 12, 2011 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • LongPigLover

Talking of Beyonce being black, has anyone actually noticed her skin seems to be getting lighter over the years?
      Funny how Michael Jackson had it and it was a big deal – but Beyonce seems to be going down the same path.
      How long before THAT backlash?

August 13, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  112. Todd

The ballroom where these concerts take place only hold about 1,500-2,500 people per show, depending on seating vs. standing room only. So, while the sell-out is impressive, it only totals about 8,000 tickets over four nights, compared to arena shows that can accommodate 20,000 – 50,000 per show.

August 12, 2011 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Greg

This place only seats 3,500 people. That's 14,000 over 4 nights. I'm not trying to take away from Beyonce's popularity or whether she could sell out MSG in a minute, but this is a non-story! You need that information in your story! Dangit whoever wrote this sucks.

August 12, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Interesting

Lot's of tone-deaf people in New York it seems...

August 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  115. D

How about revealing how many tickets were available to the public? Between inside broker deals, radio station promotions, guest list, venue holds, and other tickets they put aside, there was probably 60% max of the total tickets available to the public. Roseland holds 3500. Do the math...not that big a deal. Fans get the shaft..again.

August 12, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  116. J

90% of that sellout is thanks to resellers and online scalpers. Ticketmaster, stubhub and the like. They swoop up all the tickets en masse, then mark them up 20% and resell them.

August 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

@J........you're right....they're programmed to clean em' out on big name/marquee games etc.....sucks for those that have to go and buy them because price is so high.......or we end up finding someone on craigslist that is willing to sell....Pretty sorry.......be good.....

August 12, 2011 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • TeddyBallgame

StubHub doesn't buy tickets or sell tickets.....they're a marketplace just like eBay. It's other people selling tickets that they have.

August 13, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Art

Umm Stubhub is owned by Ticketmaster. So Stubhub is selling tickets for Ticketmaster, which means it IS selling tickets for itself. It's the same company.

August 13, 2011 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Jmitz007

Sounds like Marley must have voted for OBAMA and didn't get his or her free everything they thought they would get. FOR SHAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! READ THE HEADLINE STUPID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 12, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  118. bob rider

So glad to see that so many 'broke' people can afford concert tickets.

August 12, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Life

BUT Beyonce is a beast live. Its a devastion if you can't see her live.

August 12, 2011 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • LongPigLover

I saw her butcher Prince's The Beautiful One's at Glastonbury.
      That was enough of this woman – probably the most overated "talent" in the music biz today.
      She really isn't that much of a singer – she really gets by on being a bit of a hottie.
      That is all.

August 13, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  120. Stephen

Still waiting for Be'YAWN"ce to take a long vacation and give us time try and miss her. Not likely miss her..just saying

August 12, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Stephen

Still waiting for Be'YAWN"ce to take a long vacation and give us time try and miss her. TRY being the keyword.

August 12, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Life

Wow 22 seconds. Awesome. It just doesn't get any better then Beyonce live! It really doesn't.

August 12, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barnacle Bill

Sadly, for people who lack any other culture than the superficial, this might be true.

August 13, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Why must people hate so much? How many people can do such a thing even with all the help that you say she got. Clearly this is something that doesn't happen Often for any artist so either way she's ahead of the pack. Furthermore How many artists do you know who can get on stage and sing and dance without so much as a breath out of place...I'm so sick of people hating just to be different. Learn to at least be big enough to give credit where credit is due...

August 13, 2011 at 11:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • horney

Only if she was totally naked!

August 14, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
    • hector

how about beyonce live NUDE that beats a show anyday!

August 15, 2011 at 5:19 am | Report abuse |
  123. cajr

yep and they were all bought by ticket agencies and scalpers who will triple their profits.

August 12, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Life

The interesting part is that she allowed presale with Citi Bank card members first, she wasn't thinking about her fans.

August 12, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Death

I would assume if the Citi Bank customers bought a ticket as part of that promo, they too are fans. I just dont see many people getting a ticket for something just because they can before anyone else.

August 12, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Life

When Citibank had presale tiks on Black Eyed Peas and Nora Jones I purchased them and I am not a fan of neither one of them. I just wanted to enjoy some entertainment.

August 12, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • BeYawn Who?

cajr, you are absolutely right. Of course, those tickets were available at a higher price on the secondary market in 23 seconds. If people were smart, they would leave these artists twisting in the wind and performing to an empty house for allowing their concert tickets to be sold in this manner.

August 12, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • k

cajr, I am a ticket broker, and like most idiots you are showing what an idiot you are, only a few hundred tickets reached the after market for each show and tickets are not selling for that much more then face plus the charges after all the fees, I personally expected this so I stayed away because most people do not want to spend alot of money to see Beyonce play an album no one heard of

August 13, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
    • jus2say

tickets sold thats the name of the game

August 13, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

That is the gods honest truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 13, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • MILTON

Is that why they are selling for under face value on StubHub and Ebay? I just checked Ticketmaster, she is not even sold out for tonight. So much for your theory on doubling and tripling investment.

August 14, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Lanfear

Wholy shiit. Can't say I'm all that surprised though.

August 12, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hello?

All 3200 tickets? That's all standing up. Not a very big venue.

August 12, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

Are you kidding? I wouldn't pay a dime to see this chick. She is a has-been.

August 14, 2011 at 4:16 am | Report abuse |
    • justin

rachel, has been? really? not to keen on the up an up r we? shes only the Tina Turner of her generation but yea has been and annually rakes in as one of the top money earners in the business. I personally dont even like her music but wow what an ignorant statement.

August 14, 2011 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Blunttalk

Does anyone think that JayZ will let his wife not look like a huge star? It used to be that you couldn't watch tv without seeing Beyounce hocking some product every other commercial. Now? If you really want to see the power of an artist, Put them in a large venue (20,000 plus). Do no pre sales and sell only through the box office. Then only can you truly knows whether they are a draw or carefully manipulated hype.

August 14, 2011 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
    • spacee

@ Justin – Tina Turner? I've worked for both artists, and Tina still can and will blow Beyonce out of the venue. I've been in the entertainment biz since I was 6 – trust me, Beyonce is way overblown hype and plays to a Band In A Box (like many artists these days). Tina is LIVE, the real deal.

August 14, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • kennedy220

@spacee. ive also worked with both. and i would say they are both really good live. of course tina can still do it but so can beyonce. different artist, different generation but why tear one down to build up the other. maybe you dont like beyonce but technically she can sing and dance and keep it together just like tina can

August 14, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jimboe

It should read........

All Beyonce tickets SCALPED in 22 seconds.

August 15, 2011 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
    • Lawrene

There were sold to ticket scalpers and the public will buy them at a higher price. They most likely did not have a anti-phishing setup on the web page.

August 15, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Doc Miller

Who the hell is Beyonce?

August 15, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  125. windrider2

I wouldn't call her chubby, just full-figured instead of the stick-thin anorexic pop tarts you're used to. And that woman MOVES and dances her ass off. There aren't many of her peers who can keep up with her.

August 12, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Somthing else

Okay I have to tell you most black men like their women that wat, so you must be a hater or a flat butt...........just saying

August 14, 2011 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
  127. AC

She's gross!

August 15, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  128. AC

or is it that most black men have to take what they can get? Don't they prefer white women? Reminds me of Eddie Murphy's skit in Raw. That was some funny stuff and true from what I've seen.

August 15, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  129. AC

August 15, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  130. WOW

You're the perfect example of the type of person I refer to in my earlier post....

And you're ugly!