Tyler Perry to get his own TV channel?
August 11th, 2011

Tyler Perry to get his own TV channel?

Tyler Perry fans may soon get an entire TV station filled with nothing but the prolific, multi-hyphenated mogul's work.

According to the New York Times, Perry and movie studio Lionsgate are said to be at work on creating a cable channel called Tyler TV (a working title). Perry and Lionsgate didn't comment, but a source close to the matter said that as of now the channel would provide re-runs of Perry's programming, such as his popular TV shows "House of Payne" and "Meet the Browns" and his Madea films.

Eventually, other programming would be purchased to compliment Perry's brand, which carries some Christian themes.

But, as is oft noted these days, there are more cable channels than viewers know what to do with - and that's when they're not viewing their programming on the Web - and the question of whether Tyler TV will actually come to pass is still up in the air.

Nevertheless, the NYT notes that it makes sense for Lionsgate to explore an expansion of its relationship with Perry, whose films have brought in $522 million in ticket sales.

Filed under: television

1. debroq

Nice, but who's Tyler Perry?

August 12, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Perryboy

All I can say is, DON'T WATCH!!!! There is a LOT of JEALOUS JEALOUS people posting here. JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Have a great day.

August 12, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Joe

Now I know this is a joke of some sort. This guy needs to go away. (The Tyler Perry Phase will Pass and I for one can't wait)

August 12, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dwight

Good move Mr Perry.

August 12, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Myrtle

Way to go, Tyler. Much success to you and Madea. If the peple on this post who say they won't watch shows on your station, don't watch - who cares? A lot of others will. Go for it!!!!!!

August 12, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. derptard

god, then all I have to do is avoid his channel and I'll never see one of his awful shows again!

August 12, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JD

PLEASE PLEASE make Tyler Perry go away!!!! Talent certainly didn't get him where he is today. He just plain sucks!

August 12, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. edb

Maybe he can jump on the bandwagon with remaking old shows...

The Jeffersons
    And how about a new version of All in the Family...

wouldnt that be awesome... either way.. Good luck... you'll need it.

August 12, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  9. Justin

I'M LAUGHING AT ALL OF YOU WHO ARE DEMEANING THIS MAN FOR NO REASON. MOST OF IT IS MOST LIKELY RACISM, THE OTHER PART IS JUST PLAIN IGNORANCE!

GOOD LUCK TYLER......SHAKE YOUR HATERS MAN!

August 12, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Paco

No Justin, Perry is mediocre at best but I wouldnt expect a lowly n!gger like yourself to know or understand that. All you n!ggers suffer from LCD syndrome. Its all you know or will ever know, n!gger.

August 12, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Byteme

I'm not hating on Tyler. I love his films, but not a big fan of his tv series. I wish him all the luck in the world, but it would be nice if he'd live his truth. He's an example and role model for many.

August 12, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Byteme

He already has a network. It's called LOGO. The only thing left is to admit out loud that he's gay, because the rest of the world already knows. He's as gay as a $3 bill with my picture on it.

August 12, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  11. kendc

The world would be a better place is Tyler Perry blew his brains out with a shotgun, he can even use his big toe to pull the trigger, Hemingway style.

August 12, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  12. GetaLife

What I don't understand are the ugly, negative comments that have been posted. Most of you who have commented are obviously bitter, angry, and jealous people. If you don't like his movies, shows, etc don't watch them. It's that simple. Just because you don't like them doesn't mean his shows are trash or that he isn't talented. He would not be where he is if he didn't have an audience for his work...duh. What I find funny is how you can be so critical of him but what are you doing... have you made millions from something that you created? I extend my congratulations to Tyler for a job well done. God has brought you a long way and contines to bless whatever your hand touches. You are a living testimony to God's greatness...Jeremiah 29:11. I laugh because in spite of and because of such negative comments from some negative people, God will bless you even more!

August 12, 2011 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
    • rachel

Tyler likes to visit inner city jails and allow the black boys to spew cream corn all over his face.

August 12, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  13. tommy

I want tyler to tear my ass apart.

August 12, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  14. uh ok

i love some of his work but im tired of all the attention focused on how bad black people have because white and latino people are struggling too and for real his movies add to the racial tension by talking bad about white people if a movie came out where a white person was talking bad about black people oh man we would never hear the end of it. What im trying to say we need to worry about everybodies struggles not just black peoples and then maybe when we realize we all have the same problems we can find a solution

August 12, 2011 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  15. Penis Buffet

Tyler enjoys men giving him assPain.

August 12, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  16. erich2112x

I enjoy his movies, but not much for his TV stuff.

August 12, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  17. likely

i only like madea shows.

August 12, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  18. Keish

What I dont understand is if you dont want to watch Tyler's shows, movies or watch his channel if he gets one, then why are you bothering to comment on this article. No one is putting a gun to your head to do so, simply keep it moving. As some have said there are probably 200 other channels on cable you can watch. Heck read a book. There are enough people that will watch it (his success thus far proves it) and if a few people dont it will not matter. This man still has more money than those posting their negative comments black or white. You do have a choice either you support him or you dont. Good grief!

August 12, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  19. Joe

its funny to hear people think they can judge people on here but in reality its just their own supidity and ignorance..all the stupid negative remarks GROW UP...at least tyler is gettin some where with his work it dont matter how much he gets paid or whatever..if u dont like his work change the channel simple as that...move on..if nobody liked his work then he would be wealthy ever think of that...and those suporters of tyler..im sure he appreciates the comments...to tyler the sky's the limit...do you man..and may god bless you and im sure you dont let these negative comment phase you or you wouldnt be where you at now..good luck

August 12, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  20. Mrs.Smoove

Crabs in a barrel! Dam just be happy for the black man this is a huge accomplishment. Black ppl we really need to support each other more as all others do.I'm proud of him and for him. Let all the others continue to hate on us but we need to stick together more.

August 12, 2011 at 9:09 am | Report abuse |
  21. Carol

I can appreciate him going after his dreams but I'm pretty much Tyler'd out. I have no more to give lol.

August 12, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  22. Wendy

I have to step in here and say I like Tyler Perry ! Like his movies and I'm going to watch his channel. Nice man! Very kind and and giving. Plus to me Tyler Perrry is very talented and very funny! Way to go Tyler!!!!

August 12, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  23. Pennis

I wish tyler perry would dry up and blow away. He sucks

August 12, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  24. jay

Wish the best for mr. tyler if he wants his own show he can have it he has worked his way up, only he should be the one that should have a negative comment ,! I love his work , and would watch this channel all the time ;)

August 12, 2011 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  25. Tim

Ugh. Apparently, it takes no talent or any good idea to just have a network of your own. Citing Oprah as well.

August 12, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  26. Pete

And on Saturday mornings, the animated series "UMM HMM!!!"

August 12, 2011 at 8:27 am | Report abuse |
  27. Plsswtbabyjesusno

Please I hope for the sake of man kind this does not happen

August 12, 2011 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
  28. Judith

I'm praying for all of u that just can't seem to grasp that they wrote that there will be more types of christian programming to this channel than just the shows & movies that Tyler Perry has playing on other networks that so many of u r downing when if u really hear what u'r putting out there u might think & choose ur words a little differently. What I'm reading from the negative comments is even though I'm telling these people I don't like Perry's shows & r movies I continue to keep watching them because I can tell u about the different ones he's done: ) so that kind of contradicts ur dislike if u keep going back for more r maybe it's the message that God gives him to send out n the everyday type situations that people have to face @ different times n their lives & that's most likely why a lot of them r not found funny b/c they're not meant to be. They're lessons to b learned threw others mistakes if we open our eyes we can avoid making those mistakes r we can c another way to handle a bad situation . THINK & GOD BLESS !!

August 12, 2011 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
    • kendc

You can take your "Christian" programming and shove it up your undereducated a55.

August 12, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  29. Maria

Its kool. God bless Tyler Perry

August 12, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  30. John

And in a related story, Atlanta will officially change its name to "Tyler Perry's Atlanta"

August 12, 2011 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  31. spencer

God Bless you mr tyler perry its funny if mr tyler perry have a sweepstakes on his new tv net work giving away ten million dallors total to the first one thousand people who send in a video showing their funny side of acting the haters would send in their video because of the Money real talk

August 12, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  32. BigWillieStyles

Sorry, but Tyler Perry is not my culture.

August 12, 2011 at 5:58 am | Report abuse |
  33. Storm

I agree with tose who are fans, I am a big fand of tylers movies and the man in general, and I do believe his movies give off a positive message , however im not a fans of seeing his shows and movies 50 million times in a row, which is how often you see them already! I mean dang how much madea can one person take? I dont agree with the channel because he is on tv enough as it is, but I also would agree if they took his shows OFF the other channels and justh kept it on his .

August 12, 2011 at 4:28 am | Report abuse |
  34. Mz.evans

I love tyler perry shows and movies i hope he gets his own channel rather watchin his shows then seein half naked hoez on every other channel i see

August 12, 2011 at 4:09 am | Report abuse |
  35. lynn

I just wanted to remind those who would not like to watch perrys tv channel of something. There is this great hand held device called the remote. When you press the up or down button the screen on the tv magically changes. Wow I know crazy huh? So when you see something you dislike... press one of those buttons and your perry problem is solved.

I realize that everybody has an opinion but if he spoke of someone like some of the ppl here who dislike what he has done in his career... you would be the first to point a finger without having room to talk.

I'm just saying...

August 12, 2011 at 3:29 am | Report abuse |
  36. ScubaGolfJim

Good. Maybe now TBS will put on some shows I'd like to watch.

August 12, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  37. Juicy

Tyler's shows & movies send messages. Compared to some of this other garbage on tv, it is a breath of fresh air. Tyler: where can I apply? : – )

August 12, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  38. MzTrice

Just do it !!!!! it will work out Wonderful amen

August 12, 2011 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  39. shut the hell up

Stop hating damn.Yall act like you can not turn the television, how bout get yalls fat assessing off the computer and in front of the t.v. and go outside.

But good job Mr. Perry

August 12, 2011 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  40. Old School

While I totally admire Tyler's ability to overcome adversities in life and through hard work and perseverance, become wildly successful portraying positive Christian themes in most of his work, I've noticed his recent films seemed to have tanked in the quality department.

As a black woman, I'm a little embarrassed over the stereotypes I see in his films/tv shows. They fall in the same category as Good Times, The Jeffersons, Sanford and Son, etc.

Hope he turns things around...and SOON, brother.

August 12, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  41. Joe

I'm not a fan of his stuff, but man, can Perry market himself! I'm not surprised he's trying to get his own channel, he's already an industry unto himself.

August 11, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  42. ihateyoutylerperry

I personally can't stand Tyler Perry. He makes African Americans look bad. In every movie he does, the darker black people are either getting abused or are the abuser, while the lighter skin blacks are the heroes or the ones with all the money. Why is that Mr. Perry? I mean seriously. Every darker skinned man or woman in his movies are down right mean and the light skinned ones are so pure and free of sin. He's the most biased actor/director I've ever seen. Black people don't even like him.......I would know, I'm one of them. And about this channel, "Tyler T.V.", if directv puts that in my package I'm cancelling.......quickly! Id rather watch lifetime with my wife over that crap any day. Go to hell Tyler Perry........scrub!

August 11, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Paul Mooney

Tyler Perry makes Wayne Brady look like Malcolm X.

August 11, 2011 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Kyle H. Davis

Ok, sure... I sympathize with the man's past, appreciate his effort to bring a bit of morality to television, but... EVERY SINGLE THING HE DOES... is C-R-A-P. He does nothing but reinforce black stereotypes with poor acting, not limited to his own. – And please, for the love of GOD, do we really need to see another black man dressed as an old black woman? It's about as stupid an infantile and "unique" as the constant stream of high school football players dressing like cheerleaders.

August 11, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  45. name

its a comment

August 11, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
  46. wot

There are to,too many haters in America! Look around people, we are not Black And White any more.

America is a People made of the world! Wake up and live while you can!

August 11, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Michael

Tyler Perry News Flash: Tyler Perry presents: Tyler Perry's Tyler TV. Developed by Tyler Perry. Produced by Tyler Perry. Written by Tyler Perry. Directed by Tyler Perry. Creative Consultant: Tyler Perry. In cooperation with Tyler Perry Productions, a Divison of Tyler Perry World, Inc.

August 11, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Robbin

Why not I pay for all those cable channels and I still can't find anything on them. Guess Tyler wanted his own money instead of giving it to oprah. Maybe instead of going to the movies he can just premier his new movies on his tv station, works for me.

August 11, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  49. x

I still can't yet understand what's so popular about this guy and his comedy. I've seen many of his works and none of it seems funny to me, it's just cheesy, and his more "serious" works are way too forced at trying to come off as "emotional." Mind you, I did like Madea, but there's only so many times you can watch Madea until it just gets annoying. But hey, obviously he has a huge fanbase so why not have his own channel, I just won't be watching it.

August 11, 2011 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Judith

If u don't like Tyler's shows r movies just don't watch them;undoubtedly though for so many of u to be so negative u continue to watch anyway. My opinion is that GOD gave this man a way to get/work through some of his own, as well as, helping others to realise/get r work through some of their issues in a productive way. Through strength of GOD,Family & Friends. From what I've read the channel will contain other gospel shows as well. Keep doing GOD'S WORK Tyler Perry u would not have become so successful if it had not been his will & GOD BLESS U All !!!

August 11, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  51. joyce

Luv Tyler Perry!

If Oprah can do it, so can Tyler!!!

How many blacks have their own Network?

August 11, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  52. jay

I like his movies..but not his tv shows..with that being said.its just entertainment...nothing political...u have every right to watch or switch the channel...DON'T BE SO DRAMATIC lol...I don't think Mr. Perry losing any sleep over any of our comments...

August 11, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  53. no!

I really don't think he has the talent to deserve his own channel let alone show or movie. His stuff isn't funny. It's just a bunch of black stereotypes. I bet Oprah is behind this.

August 11, 2011 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Greg

Son of a b***h!! Really? As a black man, I can think of a lot better role models for a generation already in trouble. As an entertainment consumer, I don't think there's enough material to support an entire network. But I'm obviously not in the target audience because I've found The House of Payne and Meet The Browns painfully unfunny. I hope they decide to stick him in the programming on OWN so I don't have to program my cable box to skip another channel.

August 11, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Steve LoughtoN Schmitt

i can't stand tyler perry. HE TRIES SO HARD TO BE FUNNY AND HE ISN'T. What has this hack done to warrant a TV network. Oh yea he is black so if you don't laugh at his garbage you are considered racist. Please go away Tyler Perry

August 11, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  56. mac

ANNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDdddddd Flop...

You cant string two annoying TV shows and the same darn movie character into an entire TV network.....If you do you get the Opra network, and guess what......faillliiiinnnnggggggggggg

August 11, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  57. princess

God Bless U. keep up the good work.

August 11, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  58. phil

stop giving him money or he won't go away

August 11, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  59. KCV

I am Tyler's target audience, and the world does not need a network full of shows like Meet the Browns and House of Payne! While I admire Tyler for his hard work, for giving struggling minority actors a chance, and for his attempts to deliver a positive message in most of his films.....I'm soooo confused by the actual content and buffoonery that is the meat of his shows. I can't wait until he decides to stop doing stereotypical after stereotypical shows and get serious. I'm ok with some comedy, but every Madea movie is the same and Meet the Browns is the same as House of Payne....no originality at all! Good Luck Tyler!

August 11, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Audrey

Well tyler god bless u heart i hope i get to work wit u one day.

August 11, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  61. George

He should be on the l channel

August 11, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  62. bubba

he sucks!

August 11, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  63. TeCee

GO TYLER PERRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!GOD IS GOOD.I WILL BE WATCHING.I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU MAKE,ME AND MY FAM STAY WATCHING YOUR MOVIES.AIM HIGH,WITH GOD YOU CAN DO ANYTHING.KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK.I BET YOUR MOTHER IS SMILING DOWN ON YOU.MUCH LOVE ,BE BLESSED (BECAUSE YOU ARE).

August 11, 2011 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Hubert_Farnsworth

I don't want to live on this planet anymore

August 11, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Krista

How are his shows still on the air? From the sounds of it, no one likes them. They are soo unfunny! I think his movies are better, although the whole cross dressing old lady thing is really lame.

August 11, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Wraith

This sounds like a fantastic idea. It'll keep those with an IQ of 60 or less entertained indefinitely.

August 11, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Rick

Isn't this called TBS already?

August 11, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  68. defjunc

It already exists..it's called BET.

August 11, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris St. Clare

Haha, you're kind of childish "defjunc". So, its BET with crazy ppl who act badly.
      (sigh) I'm glad that people like Tyler are becoming more sucessful. It gets to you "defjunc" don't it...lol You can try to sterotype and keep stigmas alive all you want, BUT we know the playing field is alot different these days. Get over yourself. Stop being a hater and go start a business or something. Congrats to Tyler for doing the best he can in a world full of haters.

August 12, 2011 at 3:18 am | Report abuse |
  69. OLJ

I demand my own TV channel as well :) I am sure that I can come with a lot of rubbish to show on TV. All I need is a bunch of crazy people who are willing to kill each other and act badly on TV.

August 11, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Amanda

I actually love Tyler Perry's movies and I think they speak a lot to all sorts of people and not just african americans. I've never been able to get into his TV shows though and I do think giving him a channel of his own is pretty pointless since his shows are played on TBS a lot and his movies are played on other channels. I also don't understand why everything always has to be a racial issue. For instance, why does there have to be a channel named "Black Entertainment Television" or the "Black Shopping Channel". That in itself makes a channel race oriented...

August 11, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  71. REA

I would watch his channel. I like Tyler's movies and show. Hopefully there would be more than that on it. I can't stand doperah's channel. I don't care about behind the scenes of her stupid show and she shows the same movies that every other channel shows repeatedly!

August 11, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  72. johnsonj3

Why is it so much hate over This BLACK MAN having his own channel? If it works for him then great you don't have to watch it turn to something else. Tyler I wish you luck in what ever God is Blessing you with.

August 11, 2011 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richww2

the hate isn't coming from the fact that he is black. The hate is coming from the fact that his shows/movies are terrible pieces of garbage. It has nothing to do with his race. It has to do with his talent, or lack of talent to be more specific. Tyler Perry is the Uwe Boll of the black comedy genre.

August 12, 2011 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  73. J-dubya

Zero talent. The only way his shows will air is if he does own his own channel. Never seen somebody try so hard to be funny and fail so miserably.

August 11, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  74. keish

ok so here we go again people!!! Stop downing other peoples work and get your own business!!! If this man is making money then y be mad at him???? I think these people are mad because they really don't get our culture!!! Ha Ha Ha not for you to get but stop downing peoples ways of helping others get through things in their lives. If anything people should help this man and encourage his greatness for touching others in different ways in every day life. Get a life of your own then speak on the greatness that others have going on in their life. Its always a racist thing!!!!! Give it up already those times are up and I just want to say congrats to Mr. Perry on his success and thanks for giving us something to relate to and laugh because God knows we need it every now an then. Everytime our culture does somethin positive for us its a problem enough is enough because other cultures is not the only ones that could be sucessful. Yall just mad cause they might give Tyler a show and not you all lol love every moment of this!!!!!!;)

August 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Calvin375

Not everyone who is African American is going to like Tyler Perry's projects. That doesn't mean that they are traitors of their own race. Just as someone white who also doen't like his work isn't a racist. Let's face it, to me his body of work, in which I've seen, really isn't that entertaining, funny or thought provocative. I would not be a viewer on his new network.

August 11, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  75. RansomStoddard

Hopefully that means his stuff wouldn't be showing anywhere else. Seriously, what do people see in this guy's work that has any redeeming value whatsoever? I'd love to see Spike Lee just tee off on this cross-dresser.

August 11, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  76. TaxesAreStealing

Yes!!! Please!!!!! give him his own channel so they can take his junk off of TBS!

August 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Richww2

If i wanted to watch awful shows on a terrible network I would watch MTV. Who knows, maybe now people will start watching MTB and HOP...but I doubt it.

August 11, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  78. kuukaa

I think south park summed up tyler perry quite well on an episode this past season.

August 11, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Meat Puppet

please spare us maybe he can George Lopez to help him out we all know how that worked out
    don't try and force feed crap to us – there is enough of it already
    hope my cable company doesn't carry it

August 11, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Conan the Librarian

an interesting concept indeed – wonder what the demographics are going to be?
    America is now a cultural waste land with way too many folks just sitting in front of the tube – watching crap
    that provides the same intellectual stimulation as a box of kitty litter.
    Have seen some of his body of work and some of it gets a C+ the rest is mediocre and insults black America
    we deserve better

August 11, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  81. MD

His shows and his humor are less than intelligent. His own channel, really? Really? Talk about your dumbing down of America.

August 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Sitcom fan

Finally! Now maybe some quality sitcoms will come back on or get created! His shows are a joke.

August 11, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Maverick

Well, hit me so hard I dial 9-19 and make me play grit-ball all day! A channel with Madea movies would be fantastic!

Tyler's movies ALWAYS have a positive message (although they DO tend to be heavy-handed toward the way men act, but it balances out with another man being a positive image) and while Madea is a crass, cranky, hard-nosed, opinionated, aggravating, gloc-toting, know-it-all (although she actually DOES know it all, and I'm gonna get whacked by her for saying those things), she is a great influence to remind us what is really important-Gos, family, and each other.

August 11, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maverick

I meant God, family, and each other.

All you Tyler-haters...let's see YOU come up with something instead of rediculous comments.

August 11, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  84. rtbrno65

This great, I can avoid his channel the way I avoid his movies.

August 11, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Superhiro

I don't get how this guy is popular. Every black person I know hates him with a passion.

August 11, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Perryboy

How many black people do you know? Im sure you probably know about 2. Well let me tell you something about black people. They are a very very JEALOUS race of people especially toward another black that's doing well in life.

August 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  86. kathy

Tyler Perry is brillant.

August 11, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • I left a butt weasel in your vegetable crisper

well kathy his shows arent brilliant. All tyler has done is rip-off Ice-Cube and Martin. Nothing new from Perry whatsoever.

August 11, 2011 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  87. I think

I think the days of reading a good book and spending time with family will be making a come back. Americans are going to get sick of paying out all this money for cable and getting the same old sh!* for it, especially when most of America is unemployed. Cable and Hollywood..you make me want tp puke

August 11, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Jeff in Illinois

Madea's Family Channel

August 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Jenna

Wait.. I thought Tyler Perry was Oprah? They aren't the same person????

August 11, 2011 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • djw

You think you are being funny Jenna but actually your idiocy is showing. Nonetheless Oprah or Tyler – they both make way much more money than you!!! How you like Tyler now???

August 11, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave b

I thought it was pretty funny Jenna. Don't listen to that ass clown djw. They might be the same person or its just Tyler Perry is stuck so far up oprahs ass it just seems that they are.

August 11, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Perryboy

Hey Jenna! These people have a lot of money. And you...well you don't have anything.

August 12, 2011 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  90. citizenUSA

No offense but, can't BET or Oprah, (who adores Tyler), benefit from a partnership with Perry? It's no secret that his movies and TV shows are African-American oriented, not that they can't be funny to anyone. Although ther's no denying his success, he's just not hit mainstream yet. Maybe this could get him there. Best of luck.

August 11, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • ANNA MAE

I agree citizen. I love Tyler Perry but having his own channel might just take it a bit over the top. Remember when "Friends" were everywhere and it created a huge outrage. When you're good at what you do -which he is-you dont need to be everywhere. People will find you. I think teaming up with Oprah who is one of his biggest supporters would be huge step in the right direction. It would give him a new audience in the process.

August 12, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Perryboy

Well if a person can't get rich with one race, then try the other race. White or black what different does it makes as long as the money is green. I bet you like Rap music.

August 12, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  91. ME623

I think this will be a bad move. Me personally, I don't care for House of Payne or Meet the Browns, and these shows are already being repeated on other channels now. How many damn repeats do we need? I already have over 200 channels that carry nothing now, why do I need another one? Tyler, I love you man, I'm happy for how far you've come, but this endeavor should be done. Cable is already making us pay for shows we watched as kids for free, Good Times, Jeffersons, etc. STOP DA MADNESS!

August 11, 2011 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Classic

this is the worst idea since Momma Hitler kept the baby

August 11, 2011 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  93. nathaniel

Click (changes the channel)

August 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  94. MrDude

I like to see talented/smart people make a lot of money. This is not the case.

August 11, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sobegirl09

Maybe not the most talented but certainly one of the smart one's. Ha!

August 11, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  95. BMike

I thought TBS was already the Tyler Perry Channel? LOL

August 11, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Dawn

Congrats Tyler. I appreciate this man for giving African Americans an opportunity which Hollywood doesn't do!!!

August 11, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

If Hollywood didn't give blacks a chance then how is Tyler Perry famous and a millionaire? You clearly didn't think your comment through..

August 11, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dawn is full of it

Well sis you better jump on the train quickly cuz this idea right here is the one that will bankrupt Mr Perry. But hopefully before that happens he will appear on some shows dressed like his idol, Oprah.

August 11, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • JP

Yeah, because there are no black actors in films.........you are a moron.

August 11, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • RansomStoddard

I think Denzel Washington, Samuel L. Jackson, Halley Berry, Ice Cube, Chris Rock, Beyonce, Alfre Woodard, and Epatha Merkeson (just for starters) might disagree with you. Are blacks under-represented?? Yes. Is using a cross-dresser the best way to represent them? I tend to think not.

August 11, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Djw

Dawn who are these idiots commenting- What about NetworK TV – Halle, Denzel, Samuael etc are just a few compared to all of the white actors and actresses – you guys need to research first before you speak!!!!

August 11, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • KeeKeeDee

Dawn, ugh!

Have you watched any TV in the past few years??? Blacks are over represented (yes) on TV. Every show, every reality show, and every commercial has black people in it. You haven't noticed how odd it is that every white person on TV has a best friend who's black (especially on commercials)? I'm not complaining. But really, you're talking/posting, but you're not thinking.

August 11, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dee

Uh ,,, you're kididng, right?

August 12, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  97. hollywood sucks

I pray for death

August 11, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Beautiful Vixen

Well this is going to be the start of it all. Now everyone is going to want their own channel. I think we have enough repeats and b/s on t.v. for this crap to happen. I think i'm going to take up target shooting and use my t.v. ...hmm just need a gun.

August 11, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • courtney

I like your comments reading your made me laugh . yeah I agree too

August 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  99. KajinPL

Oh, no. I like Tyler Perry, but no. I'm sorry, no.

August 11, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • connie cornhole

Im sitting on the toilet wishing things were going into my cornhole instead of coming out.

August 12, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Please Say It's Not True!

Literally, shows channeling Madea all day??!?! NO!!!!

August 11, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  101. Mitz

WOW!! What a bitter evil thing to say.You must be an unhappy person,for such display of vengeance.

August 11, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  102. mac

No his comedy just completely annoys me. And his movies try and hit at an emotional point yet come off as cheezy over dramatized over budget junk. Madea me once....ok Madea me twice....maybe. Madea me 3 times......when will the pain stop....

August 11, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  103. mac

no vengeance is following him 3 blocks after he cut me off and slashing his tires. You might want to look into picking up a copy of Websters and looking in on the word vengeance.

August 11, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Daniel

When will the Payne stop indeed...

August 12, 2011 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |