Aretha Franklin sings her way out of a ticket
August 11th, 2011

Aretha Franklin sings her way out of a ticket

The Queen of Soul got some R-E-S-P-E-C-T from law enforcement on Monday night, according to the New York Post.

While out to dinner with her entourage at Neely's Barbecue Parlor in New York City, Aretha Franklin noticed a meter maid about to ticket her illegally-parked car. So she did what any reasonable diva would do - she started singing.

After being serenaded, the officer resisted issuing a ticket, and instead passed the star an envelope to autograph.

The restaurant’s owners, Food Network stars Pat and Gina Neely, also recognized the soul singer, and gifted her with a recipe book. Aretha already owned a copy, so she graciously signed the book and returned it.

1. dionisio sanchez yegros

hello!,I like your writing very much! proportion we communicate more about your article on AOL? I need a specialist in this space to resolve my problem. May be that is you! Looking forward to look you.

July 29, 2012 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. Straight Line Depreciation|DepreciationAccounting

I'm now not sure the place you are getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time studying more or understanding more. Thank you for fantastic info I used to be in search of this information for my mission.

May 15, 2012 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  3. mia

Now, wasn't that fun?

August 13, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. evilcaddy

Thanks Zack! Needed that to start my day hahaha. If this had been a contest jimbob would have won!

August 12, 2011 at 8:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. Zack

Its up near the middle, posted by jimbob. That ones pretty good. Lol

August 11, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  6. evilcaddy

What happened to the Walton's hill feral pig trap joke??

August 11, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. red spot

When Ms. Franklin sits on a toilet it leave a hickey mark

August 11, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. James

What a piece of Shizazz !

August 11, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kevin

12% my ass

August 11, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sam

People like jeremy live life talking trash about black people untill a black nurse,doctor etc comes to his rescue. All races have a quote "black sheep" amongst them. To pick african americans as the whipping horse when they only represent 12% of the population is as assinine as shooting the pig because he saw the fox steal the chickens. I would chance to belive he is one of those who was mistreated by a black person and has some bitterness he cant get over. Whether its god or just plain karma one day jeremy will face some form of justice and i hope someone shows him piety that he refused to show others

August 11, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Hilery

Guys we're about done with Aretha, see you next time for some fun,anger,hate,and some of everything else. Bubye

August 11, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jeremy

Im sorry guys. I apologize. I never shoulda talked bad to abuncha ppl that were going to sp@nk me all over CNN parking lot. I got used.

August 11, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Moody

@Jeremy chill dude, need get you a little sumpthin'sumpthin' this beautiful afternoon I did she said she's your sister.

August 11, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Get A Life

I take that back like the others. I dont want my @ss whipped all over the blog either. I need a life. Jeremy get one with me.

August 11, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. The Urinator

After a toweling off from a shower FatRetha works up a sweat walking 10 feet to the next room then cools off with a nice cold glass of ranch dressing and buttermilk.

August 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Get A Life

You are all stupid

August 11, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Moody

Pitiful Jeremy the Asians,Mexicans,Middle Easterners etc. Are taking "your country" away piece by piece,an u still wurrid bout us nigras gittin sum ebt card u mad yo momma ain'gon be abel to git hus no mo she gon be ait bay bru.

August 11, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Horses Mouth

Look pr!ckloaf. You're not going to get to me and make me mad and cry like you. I won't let you raise my blood pressure. You really need to learn how to raise a child or raise your childish self or maybe even go raise up daddy and lick. I'm done dealing with an absolute dumb @ss and as you can see so is everyone else. So, if I may speak for them. YOU LOST, GET LOST. I'm done with your ignorant, mindless, racist, retarded self. Bye loser.

August 11, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Howz about a nice freshly made doo doo sammich for your Horses Mouth. Eat up, LOSER!!

August 11, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jeremy

Well since you put it that way ... Im doo doo ing.

August 11, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Beautiful Vixen

LMAO!!!!

August 11, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Horses Mouth

B!tch you heard me. Like if I spelled that with an "I" they wouldn't post my comment. You have proven over and over that you are dumb as rocks. GO AWAY. If I call you an @ssh*le typed correctly they MODERATE it, d@mn you're dumb!!!!!

August 11, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Jeremy

"I type to please the moderation of spelling and comments that may have hate intended"... What?

August 11, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Moody

Blacks are the best aphrodisiac for whites when you get angry at us your blood pressure rises you get hot start shaking and then explode into ecstasy and then you have a cigarette.

August 11, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Blacks were the beat aphrodisiac for thomas jefferson. Yup, he called em slaves. the term mother fu__er has its roots in slavery too. When yall acted up they made you bang your own moms. Sad huh

August 11, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jeremy

I love the first amedment. Thanks america for allowing me the right to say what I want and not be persecuted for my beliefs... Oh wait...

August 11, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • JEREMY

BOO HOO YOU DONE GOT OUTED ON THE CNN ENTERTAINMENT FORUMS YOU ARE BEING PERSECUTED ON THE INTERWEB WOAH IS ME

August 11, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Josh

People often misunderstand the 1st amendment. It protects you from government persecuting you because of stating an opinion. It in no way protects you from people negatively replying to your ignorant rants. If you don't like the mass reply to your opinions, maybe you should utilize critical thinking and explore why that is the case.

August 11, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Moody

Okay Jeremy...and?

August 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Horses Mouth

proved point? Ur stoopid too. point taken that he lacks ANY brains. holds a bunch of hate and racism though. @hes right. STFU

August 11, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

"stoopid"? I think you mean "stupid", stupid.

August 11, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

"Blakk peepul arr stoopid" QUOTING YOU THERE BRAH YOU DONE SAID THAT J DAWG

August 11, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Horses Mouth

I can spell. Better than you can defend yourself. I type to please the moderation of spelling and comments that may have hate intended. But, really. Give up dude. You're done!!!!!!!! Cheefsfury and the rest all just planked your @ss. Leave please you attention wh()re

August 11, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Horses Mouth

U say ur not mad. then why the comment "im MAD bcuz they took our jobs?" Ur pretty stoopid dude

August 11, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Hes right

Funny that nobody had anything positive to say about blacks. Onlu negative things to jeremy. It kinda proved his point in a way

August 11, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

I ALSO RECKON NO ONE SAID NOTHIN GOOD ABOUT WHITE PEOPLE OR BROWN OR EVEN GREEN PEOPLE OR SKINNY OR FAT PEOPLE BUT I THINK THE ARTICLE SAID THIS WOMAN COULD SING REAL GOOD

August 11, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Moody

I take that back. I dont want you kicking my @$$ all over the posts. Sorry Cheefsfury.

August 11, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jeremy

Hey guys, my daddy told me its time for us to play find tha pool cue in his pants. gotta go

August 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Moody

Cheefsfury I wouldn't brag.

August 11, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

I AINT DOIN ANY BRAGGIN IN FACT MAMA RAISED ME TO BE A HUMBLE MAN

August 11, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  32. CNN Moderator

Jeremy. Please. You got used like sh**ty toilet paper and had it crammed down your throat. You trolled too much and just lost the battle. Get lost.

August 11, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jeremy

Im doo doo ing.

August 11, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  34. evilcaddy

I have laughed my @ss off all morning reading this feed.........

August 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Hilery

Jeremy do I make you hohny baby?

August 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Jeremy

Hey look guys, let us be honest, I am a sad person who is hiding behind the anomynity of the internet because in real life im really pathetic.

August 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Lol pot calling the kettle black.

August 11, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

JEREMY STOP WITH THE BLACK TALK WE GET IT THAT YOU ARE RASIST AND JEREMY ILL SUM THIS ALL UP FOR YOU THERE SON IM GOING TO PREY FOR YOU EXTRA HARD AT SUNDAY SERVICE THAT THE LORD DELIVER YOU FROM ALL THIS HATE IN YER HEART

August 11, 2011 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Its not hatred. Its the hard truth. Look at the violence caused by young black youth in cities throughout the u.s. Philly, chicago, milwaukee just to name a few. Raise your kids right get out in the community and make a change. God cant do it. There is no magical god to wave a wand and make it stop.

August 11, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

NOM NOM NOM THANKS FOR DESSERT THIS TROLL HAS BEEN FED

August 11, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  37. KiKiTheBlackAndBeatiful

CHEEFSFURY LMAO. He's just an idiot. HE MAD THOUGH

August 11, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  38. @jeremy

It's clear that a black man took your snow white Sue Ellen from you. It's called "Hitting The Spot" Try Extendz it will help you lengthen your small member, also get a rhythm going in the hip area, drink raw eggs (an athlete secret weapon) you will turn into the energizer bunny. Your girl will take the beating and you'll keep on ticking. You gotta hit those sugar walls!!

August 11, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Hailey

Then go thump your little tally wacker on your moms forehead Jeremy you troll

August 11, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  40. roddy

I wanna go surfing on Ms Franklins big fat ass.

August 11, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Mark

I cleaned restrooms for 15 years to feed my two kids. If i told the meter person what i did. I would not of gotten out of that ticket.

August 11, 2011 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  42. @JEREMY FRUM CHEEF

Y U SO MAD BRAH

August 11, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  43. a bribe?

Wouldn't this be considered accepting a bribe?

August 11, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  44. You lose dude, go home to mommy

^^ jeremy

August 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Got Motown?

Yeah, we get it – she's overweight. But, have ya noticed? She's losing the weight. Regardless, can't you all come up with better posts than that? It was a parking ticket, not a moving violation. I think you're all just jealous that she has talent and you don't...

August 11, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Horses Mouth

jeremy. u say u didnt post fat pig comment but continue talking about slavery? hypocrite. all can c u r fake loser

August 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Um I dont hate fat people. I do not like blacks particularly. How is that hypocritical? Oh yeah, its not. Hey theres a new book out called a dictionary. Maybe you need a copy

August 11, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Horses Mouth

there is one u need called a bible. wouldnt touch if i were u, u burn in he!!. can you not c everyone thinks ur a dimwit turd?

August 11, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Bible thumpers... Lol. sorry I dont believe in magic.

August 11, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  47. ChubbJack

Wow! There are a lot of mean comments on this blog. I guess that this is what America has become.

Like it, or not, Aretha is an American icon. If I were the cop she would not have gotten a ticket.

August 11, 2011 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • ChubbJack is correct

ChubbyJack is correct and might I add...whenever FatRetha visits the local waffle house she walks in and says "Just lead me to the grease pit, I cant wait foe yaw to prepare me anyfang."

August 11, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Bemused

Hopefully, some of the wits on this page who like to insult legends like Aretha will maintain their senses of humor when they die alone, unloved and forgotten.

August 11, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Sylvia

SOME MAYBE MOST of you are being very cruel over a stupid parking ticket. How many of you have't tried to talk your way out of something some time in you life? Remember when you point your finger at someone your other three are pointinting back at you. I DOUBT HER PAYING A TICKET WOULD SAVE THE WORLD.

August 11, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  50. RipTide

Why is it that people feel the need to bash on someone (in this case Aretha) for something as trivial as a parking ticket? I am willing to bet some of if not most people who have commented have tried to talk their way out of a ticket at some point. What's the word...oh yeah hypocrite. And the problem is not her getting out of a ticket. Its the people who constantly put down others, complain about anything they can while not taking a good hard look in the mirror. Its not bribery...its giving someone a break. I am pretty sure she is not the only one on Gods green earth to talk their way out of a ticket, celebrity or not.

August 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Bob Barker

You think bcuz its in blue font that we believe you? Take your meds and get back in the bed they strap you in.

August 11, 2011 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Bob Barker

Jeremy. Come on down, the tiiiiiime is right for your @ss whipping

August 11, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  53. @nonya

We can tell he is a limp di*k. I know that much.

August 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

You must have a lot of experience with dix to know something like that from a few comments.

August 11, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • @nonya

See "few comments". means he has only a "few" inches. that can apply to his pen!s or inches to being pushed over the ledge from getting scuzzed on this blog.

August 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |

Somebody has dix on their mind... Whor3

August 11, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • HoratioSansJeremy

Looks like you have one on you "mind" slapping you right on your forehead. Put it in your mouth and choke. YOU HAVE BEEN SERVED BEEEEEOTCH

August 11, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Maybe in compton or detroit your comment holds some sort of street cred, but in here you just help me prove my point. Go back to africa.

August 11, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  54. @Sam

Yup.

August 11, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  55. flyonthewall

Am I the only person in the Universe that doesn't care for Ms. Franklin's voice or style? I guess I go directly to jail!

August 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Nonya

Jeremy take your stoopid wana be @ss and let someone take a bat to your face. dummy

August 11, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Sam

its interesting that most on here have fat jokes to toss around or opinions about law breaking. First off if those armchair cops out there had any real brain cells you would know the issuing officer has the discretion to issue or not issue a ticket on an infraction. Dont think so? how many of you have been given a warning when caught speeding? As for the fat jokes all that shows is a lack of creative thinking on your part and some childlike bitterness to boot. How about you talk about how our government wont get more of us back to work. When that happens then we will talk about who should and shouldnt pay a fu**ing ticket

August 11, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  58. @Jeremy

anyone on here can tell your a fake. get that ranch off your lip or hit the streets. Best regards, Your Pimp

August 11, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Riiiiiight... a fake what? Person? Are you saying im a robot? Or that I dont really believe what im saying? As a black man im sure you dont know what to believe, so let me clarify. Nobody likes black people. Not even real africans im africa. Hell, they hate you more than we do, because you make them all look bad. Slavery was only a mistake because .now we are stuck with you

August 11, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Jeremy

Not person of color. So lick one scuzbot

August 11, 2011 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • levelhead

How much of your day do you spend being hateful? And who gave you the idea you were smart? I've read some of your comments here, Jeremy, and the only thing you've managed to convey with any accuracy is the fact that you're ignorant, and worse, that you think you're not. Go shut your mouth for a bit and read a book.

August 11, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  59. wot

These are the new Americans sick,sad,salty,satan and every other word of s a dams!

August 11, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  60. JNReno

How old is she these days? My grandma talks to he slippers, which doesnt have much practical application at all. We all know, if ones lucky, one can get out get out of the ticket being written, wat makes the deva any diffrent for tring to avoid the fine as well. Wats 50 bucks to her, anyway. If anything, this makes her appear more human.

August 11, 2011 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  61. Jeremy

She is a fat pig that can afford ticket. who cares

August 11, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  62. Han Solo

When FatRetha put on roller skate she also inserts a 4×4 up her butt with a dollywheel on the other end and looks like an obese R2D2.

August 11, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  63. Hilery

@Jeremy it's my aunts name who's named Jeremy a Walton reject?

August 11, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  64. wot

Lobbyist bribe congressmen,so does companies!

August 11, 2011 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  65. wot

You Americans are such hypocrites,why is it ok for lobbyist to give a congressman money,is that not a pay off!

August 11, 2011 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Indeed it is. We are the most corrupt nation on earth.

August 11, 2011 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • KiKiTheBlackAndBeatiful

SERIOUSLY STFU!

August 11, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Kiki the black, I bought you a one way ticket back to africa, when you get tired of it feel free to leave on the next flight

August 11, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
    • KiKiTheBlackAndBeatiful

and i bought you an american flag smother urself with it. Id shove that ticket up your little white @ss and make you sing b***H!

August 11, 2011 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • KiKi...what a stupid name

KiKi you get your ass out on the street corner before I put my pimpcane up your ass.

August 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • KiKiTheBlackAndBeatiful

ur a b!tch made girl

August 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Listen

To the whiners:
    I bet you would be willing to do whatever you can if it was you about to get a ticket. Stop whining and complaining about every little story that gets posted. Here's a secret for you........ It aint about you!

August 11, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

A responsible citizen would just pay the ticket. As a matter of fact, a responsible citizen wouldnt break the law to begin with. Cheers!

August 11, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • KiKiTheBlackAndBeatiful

OH STFU!

August 11, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  67. Cory

Why are comments allowed on articles such as these? I'm sick of coming to CNN and seeing fat jokes and other immature comments. How old are the readers of CNN? Uncouth.

August 11, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  68. weinerschnitzel

I bet after the bbq rib dinner they rushed her over to "The Colonel" for another quick infusion of grease.

August 11, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  69. John

So Many Hatefilled and sarcastic comments this world is doom. this is the end of days starvation famine wars and mean spirited people who only care about themselves. mankind as a whole is in a sorry state. what is Good is Bad and what is Bad is good to them.

August 11, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  70. Pope John Paul The Turd

They first offered FatRetha the part of the orca in Free Willy but she turned it down.

August 11, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  71. Hilery

Immature, jealous,whiny, babies can you get out of a ticket? No

August 11, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  72. rEaLlY!!!!!???

You people are horrible! Who cares is she is overweight; THE WOMAN CAN SING!!! And what have ANY OF YOU contributed?????.........................................yeah.. I thought so.

August 11, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Oprah

I bet she smells like ole burnt tires. oh yes shes a legend. Her daddy was a preacher and she turns up pregnant and that was probably done by her daddy.

August 11, 2011 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  73. DETROITGIRL

Come on people! lighten up! Ive never seen so many nasty hateful people like on these blogs. First off it was a parking ticket not going to breaj the city of NY. Back in the day Ive used my own looks and charm to get out of a ticket or two. Cant sing though. Stop being haters!

August 11, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • The Duke Fairy

What ya do, lick some female copSlit?

Oh yea it always alright for blackee to get the exception. SCREW YOU!!

August 11, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Oprah

Instead of milk on her cornflakes FatRetha prefers blue cheese dressing.

August 11, 2011 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Ronski

Bulls**t.... So because she sang the Meter Maid didn't give the ticket.....what nonsense!! But I'm sure they made up for her fine by ticketing someone else...who probably didn't even deserve it. Please direct me at this Meter Maid so I may punch them in the Mouth!! Uuuggghhh!

August 11, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  75. savonne niamien

U all put some one else's name on my comment. That sucks I live in phila. Everyone knows I love Aretha Franklin. In fact I call her my Godmother. This Sucks I would never write negatively abt her. Sorry Ms. Franklin

August 11, 2011 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Barnaby Jones

Years ago when Ms Franklin was having her fat gut stapled they found 2 children and one baby walrus in her belly so be careful as she my try to eat you.

August 11, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  76. Clint

Yup, that is pathetic, give her the ticket!!!

August 11, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  77. whatever

Most meter maids won't give you a ticket if you get to your car before they print it.

August 11, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  78. darryl

respect!

August 11, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  79. savonne niamien

is it necessary to be this mean to a legend? Who among us have not try to get out of a ticket. I live in phila. Parking Wars on tv is film here. RESPECT the QUEEN.

August 11, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

So the taxpayers of the state of new york should pick up the tab this time? Kill yourself pig lover

August 11, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

I've noticed a theme Jeremy, a lot of anger. I would suggest seeking some professional help. Would be a shame one day to turn on the news and see you surrounded by police.

August 11, 2011 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Nah, apparently they can just be bribed. No worries
      Think you missed the point, but thanks for your concern

August 11, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  80. peanut

I would have said "WOW! You do a wonderful job. I would love an autograph?? Right here on the line that says you understand the charge and also where to appear if you want a court date."

August 11, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Freddy FuudgeHole

I wouldve said "WOW Ms Franklin what a wonderful job. How did you get so Fat? Now here is your ticket..."

August 11, 2011 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
    • jenifer

I agree, Peanut. As a patrol officer in college (a long time ago) I gave an illegal parking ticket to the govenor of my state. The Chief tried to waive it, but the govenor refused and paid for it, cash out if his own pocket, and thanked me for reminding him that just because he has privledges, doesnt mean he is above the law. Last great govenor we had.

August 11, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  81. Jeremy

The meter maid should be fired and charged with accepting a bribe. Aretha should be charged with bribing an officer. usa sucks, corruption running rampant.

August 11, 2011 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Were in the middle of a budget crisis, and the state decides they didnt want the money, just an autograph would do... But I bet they raise taxes again when they start going broke. this is the equivalent of the taxpayers paying arethas ticket. The rich get richer, the poor stay poor. Death to america

August 11, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Replying to your own post doesn't validate it, terrorist.

August 11, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

I was adding to it. and the only act of treason here is the law enforcement accepting bribes from celebrities.

August 11, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Uttering, "Death to America", last time I checked, is a form of Treason.

August 11, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Hatred Will Kill Ya

Poor Jeremy doesn't know what the word "bribe" means.
      Poory Jeremy also doesn't like black people. Poor, bitter Jeremy.

August 11, 2011 at 10:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

I guess you think jeff dunham is a terrorist then too?
      Or is he immune to prosecution because hes a celebrity.

August 11, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Daveedo

If she were 20, gorgeous and had big boobs, would she have gotten a ticket? Not from me. I can understand the feelings that she should by all means get the ticket, but plenty of non-singers have gotten off with just a warning too. For no other reason than the officer was in a good mood. They are human after all.

August 11, 2011 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • flyonthewall

GO HOME. Leave the USA if it is so bad to you. Nobody is making you stay. Revoke your citizenship and leave.

August 11, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

WUTS A JEFF DUNHAM IS THAT THE GUY FROM JACK A$$ THAT DIED A FEW WEEKS AGO

ALSO U MAD BRO

August 11, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

@cheefsfury.... Dont speak unless spoken too. You make everybody on this forum appear dumb with comments like that.

August 11, 2011 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

"Im just exercising my right to speak freely." JUST QUOTING U THEIR BRAH I CAN SPEEK ON THE FORUM WHENEVER I WANTS

August 11, 2011 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sweets

Incase you have forgotten, corruption has been around for over 400 years. What's new. I like that she was able to use her talent to get off having the ticket. First of all, we don't even know if she approached the tick maid or vis versa. Heck, I've used my security badge of my work place and where I attended college. I didn't do it purposely, it's just that the officer wanted to be chatters and start asking questions like, Why are you speeding? they get an answer and everything falls into place. No bribe just common sense.

August 11, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • HoratioSansJeremy

NO. YOU LOOK DUMB AND RACIST. D!E TROLL

August 11, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Again with the spelling. Let me put this in your language... Blakk peepul arr stoopid

August 11, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

IM HARDLY BALCK IM A GOOD OLE WHITE BOY FROM GEORGIA I JUS DONT HATE PPL CUZ THEY SKIN BE ALL DARK OR CUZ THEY TALK ALL FUNNY OR PRETEND THEY ALL SMART WHEN THEY PARENTS DONE DID A BAD JOB OF RAISEN EM FROM WHEN THEY WAS YOUNGINS

August 11, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Ok now I know youre a troll

August 11, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • CHEEFSFURY

I DONT LIVE UNDER A BRIDGE SON AND I DONT EAT NO GOATS BUT I DO EAT CONVERSATIONS FROM STUPID PEOPLE WHO KEEP FEEDING ME THANKS BRAH

August 11, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  82. xdougx

You better think... (think,think) think about what you trying to do to me...

August 11, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  83. Carly

Heck if singing or pulling a rabbit out my magic hat would help get me out of a ticket...then so be it!

August 11, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  84. Bobbin for Penis

What did she sing? Swing low sweet chariot or We shall overcome?

August 11, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • DJ

"You betta think, think about what you tryin to do to me."

August 11, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • corina ware

Your funny....lol

August 11, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • GUEST

Thanks for reminding us how prevalent racism is in this country. Maybe next time someone uses the race card...just maybe, they are correct!!! We all have an responsibility, please remember that.

August 11, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  85. I left a butt weasel in your vegetable crisper

Next time I get pulled over Im gonna fart out the National Anthem.

August 11, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  86. i

A porker eating pork.

August 11, 2011 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  87. ray ray

FatRetha seems to have consumed one to many Mayonnaise Milkshakes.

August 11, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

I'm sure your singing voice sucks. Your point professor?

August 11, 2011 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • cori

WoW "mayonnaise milkshakes"? (rayray) Takes one to know one!! Im glad Aretha Franklin proves that a little creativity just might get u out of a ticket. Im not hating on her. Goodjob Aretha.

August 11, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  88. Hypocrisy

Wow, how unfair.

If someone deserves a ticket, give them the ticket. Why should any amount of fame forgive an infraction of the law?

August 11, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Because she's a cultural icon. What have you done lately?

August 11, 2011 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • DL

There are some people in life that are blessed and get treated thusly. Aretha Franklin = your argument is invalid. I'd have asked for Nessun Dorme then fainted at her feet. You need to release the sourness in your heart.

August 11, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Riding your mothers doookie-hole

Its a shame to have interrupted Ms Franklin during her consumption of the specialty of the house. A Bucket of Ribs...a 5 gallon bucket that is.

August 11, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Fat Basturd Retha

Get in My Belly.

August 11, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • EGM

Parking illegally & it doesn't warrant a ticket & or towed away !! She should be NO EXCEPTION . The meter maid needs to be fired .

August 11, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
    • shid

Well said. No one should be "above" the law. I'd try to sing my way out of a ticket, but I'd probably get another one for being a public disturbance.

August 11, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  89. erich2112x

Mmm, I'm sorry ma'am, I'm going to have to go ahead and write the ticket. It lacked the emotion you had back in the 60's and was a bit pitchy. Want to try once more from the top?

August 11, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • An interview with FatRetha

Interviewer: Ms fatRetha do you have a headache?
      FatRetha: No, why do you aks?
      Interviewer: Because is sure appears you have a hangover.

AHH AHHAHAAAAA!!