New evidence develops on 'Pretty Little Liars'
August 10th, 2011

New evidence develops on 'Pretty Little Liars'

This week, “Pretty Little Liars” explored a very real and serious issue affecting teenagers today: Sexually explicit dreams.

Aria, whose relationship with Fitz is most likely on the outs, can’t stop fantasizing about Jason. It’s like this girl is addicted to drama - dating her English teacher and lusting after her late friend’s sketch-ball brother.

Why can’t Aria just find herself a nice crooked cop to date like Jenna did? (But I digress.)

Back at the hospital, Emily and Hanna stand guard while Spencer digs for the missing page of Ali’s file in the morgue. I’m convinced the only reason this scene was even written into the show is because “Pretty Little Liars” has an unhealthy obsession with candy-striper uniforms. (Note: This is the third time these costumes have shown up on the series.)

Before the girls can make a move, Jenna walks down the hall discussing her potential eye surgery with a nurse. (I guess she really is blind.) “I can’t wait to see the ocean again,” she says, without noticing her peers. The girls wonder what Jenna will be like if she regains her vision.

“Jenna is scary enough with four senses,” Hanna says.

Thanks to the note A left on Emily’s hospital tray last week, Em decides to ditch all of her creams, including Hanna’s soy moisturizer. (Gasp!) A texts Emily a picture of her lab results, which show levels of Human Growth Hormone. Just what the girls need, something else for A to hang over their heads.

When Samara and friends join a fully recovered Em for a poker game at Hanna’s house, A decides to cash in on those results. She texts Emily: “If Zoe (Samara’s friend) leaves without your digits, your lab results go viral.”

Even though she knows it will ruin her budding relationship, Emily gives in, casually slipping Zoe her number. (Side note: Em’s got game - even if she was flirting against her will.)

Naturally, Samara wasn’t happy when she found out about the exchange.

Over at Hollis, Aria seduces Fitz in hopes that a quick romp with her teacher beau will free her from those tantalizing Jason dreams. (No such luck.)

Aria’s brother Mike is getting weirder each episode. Their dad Byron says Mike's starting to remind him of his brother Scott. Any guesses about Scott’s significance?

Spencer confronts her mom about the hockey stick her dad burned, but her mom doesn’t seem concerned. She blows Spencer off, saying, I’m sure he had a good reason for getting rid of it. What is with that family? And what’s their beef with the DiLaurentis fam?

Speaking of Spencer, having seen where Jason keeps the key to his shed, she and Emily decide to break in and see what he’s hiding.

It appears to be some sort of darkroom/surveillance center. In addition to film canisters, chemicals and video cameras, the girls spot countless pictures of Aria hanging in the shed. Some of which are of her while she’s sleeping. When they hear him come home, they panic and bolt, dropping their flashlight on the floor.

When the girls can’t get in touch with Hanna or Aria, they decide to go back to the shed a second time for evidence. But when they get back in, they see their flashlight standing up in the center of the floor.

Meanwhile, Jason is out looking for Aria, who just so happens to be walking alone at night – have these people learned nothing?! Jason kisses Aria, and tells her how he feels before she pulls away. “I’m not available,” she says.

Jenna and Garrett watch the pair from their parked car across the street. Jenna is nervous that Aria will ask Jason questions about that night if they start hooking up with each other, but Garrett assures her that Jason won’t remember a thing. Does this mean we know who wrote that threatening note Jason carries around?

What do you think will happen with Hanna and Caleb? Hopefully things will go well with his biological mother in California, but not so well that he makes the move permanent. Poor Hanna.

And what’s going on with Jenna and Garrett? Do you think Jason was the person spying on the neighborhood back when Ali was alive?

Was A the person developing the photograph of Emily and Spencer in Jason's shed?

What did you think of last night’s episode?

« Previous entry
  1. noel

ela e muiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiito gata

August 19, 2011 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Sarah

I absolutly Love this show!:) This show is sooo adicting everytime the show goes off i wanta see more of it! I think it was one of the best drama mystery shows ive ever seen!:) I hope it comes out in DVD because i am soooo gonna buy it!:)

August 18, 2011 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  3. Sarah

Spencer's dad has been acting pretty strange – all the weird phone calls and everything. My guess is he had an affair with Mrs. DiLaurentis (who doesn't seem to have a husband) and his constant weirdness stems from trying to keep his family from finding out – at least Spencer. It almost seems like her mom might know about it the way she is completely lacking in curiousity over her husband's odd behavior.

The whole scene with Emily, Zoe and Samara bothered me. Emily is supposed to be of at least average intelligence so I don't understand why she didn't just give her phone number to everyone at the table in front of Samara (giving it to everyone would have made clear she was just being friendly) then she would have done what A asked her to without upsetting Samara.

It definitely seems as though Scott (Byron's brother) committed suicide and that Byron feels some guilt for not being able to prevent it. I don't understand what's going on with Mike – obviously kids don't like it when their parents fight or separate but that can't be the only reason he's depressed. I get the impression that ABC Family is going to dive into another sort of "awareness initiative" (like they did about teen pregnancy and cyber bullying) about depression and teen suicide. And there is absolutely nothing wrong with that – in fact it's nice to see them recognizing the power TV can have over teens and trying to use it to help them. I just hope they don't force the plot to go in a direction that doesn't make sense so it can fit with this new goal.

August 15, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Dort

I too wondered why Emily didn't give everyone her digits. I also thought Spencer and Allison may in fact be half siblings.

August 15, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jenna

So you clearly read the books to develop the half-siblings idea.

October 2, 2011 at 5:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Skippy

"can’t stop fantasizing about Jason"

Me either. I want his goober probing my mouth.

August 11, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  5. me

I think Mike is on the verge of commiting suicide... And, I think that is what Byron's brother did too. Also, I heard a good theory, perhaps Mike will die and his eyes will be used in the procedure to help Jenna see again?

August 11, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  6. me

I think she was the girl Jenny from Gossip Girl, could be wrong, but that is who she looked like to me.

August 11, 2011 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kaylee

Who played Zoey on this episode? She looks so familiar but I couldn't remember who she was. Any ideas?

August 10, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. jacee

Scott the uncle probably committed suicide.. and now they are worried about Mike :(

August 10, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Me

Stephanie- You didn't do a blog last week?

August 10, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me 2

I really thought last week's episode deserved a review far more than this weeks. I love getting to read what other got out the episodes of PPL.

August 10, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Felicia

I love this show! However, I am getting a little tired of all the twist and turns.. Tell us something solid!!

August 10, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dort

OMG, poor Emily. Granted I didin't like Somara, but when is Em gonna catch a break? And why does Spencer feel the need be everywhere and know everything? So now we're to believe that Jason is "A"? It's creepy that he has these photos of Aria, but it's weirder that Jenna and Garret are following him around and keep discussing Jason and "that night". The twists in this story are giving me a headache. I thought Aria's dreams were hilarious. Her scenes with Fitz are hard to watch. Never liked his wimpy arce. What's the deal with Mike and Aria's uncle? And we all know that Caleb will not be back. Hannah's love life is just as bad as Em's. I plan to watch till the end of the season but it's getting irritating. Too many questions and not nearly enough answers.

August 10, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  12. portalpunk

Theirs no "I" in Team, but there is in FIRSTY!!!!!

August 10, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |