Frances Bean Cobain's grown-up photo shoot
Frances Bean, left, and mother Courtney Love at the Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Awards in Beverly Hills on February 8, 2007.
August 9th, 2011

Frances Bean Cobain's grown-up photo shoot

Rock star royalty Frances Bean, daughter of the late Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love, is all grown up (and tatted up) in bold new shots from photographer Hedi Slimane.

In the series of black and white photos, 18-year-old Frances looks strikingly like both her parents in worn clothing and goth accessories.

Pale and dark-haired, she also looks much more like an adult than the baby-faced kid we’re used to seeing in magazines and photos, such as in the snapshot above.

Frances interned for Rolling Stone in 2008, and debuted a collection of art last summer at a Los Angeles gallery.

Filed under: Celebrities

1. THE FORD HACKING MYSTERY IS DONE...

I DONT BEG FOR 89.00 FOR DEEDS, I MAKE MY OWN PAYMENTS YOU DO NOT, YOU OVERHEARD A CONVERSATION WE ARE MAKING YOU DISAPPEAR WHICH YOU CANNOT SEE 4 APPLE LAPTOPS,
    AND AN APPLE PHONE...YOU GAVE US THE FORD CREDIT HACK....YOU WERE JUST REPORTE
    AS ABUSE....INCLUDE IN HACKES FOR WEEK ENDING 8/19.

YOU WERE PRESENT FOR CONVERSATIONS WITH OUR FAMILY LAWYER ABOUT THE LETTER YOU SEND US. YOU WERE ALL PRESENT WHEN I SENT MY LAWYER AN EMAIL ABOUT ME TAKING OVER.

YOU WERE THERE ....YOU REPORTED ABUSE FOR ANY FKING MOVE YOU INVOLVING ME...WE DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOUR FILTH AND YOU PERSONAL...HOWEVER WE DO CARE ARE WIRING INVOLVING ME.

DO NOT BOTHER ME THE REST OF THE DAY....WHAT DID YOU SAY TOO YOU....EVERY FKING MOVE YOU MAKE INVOLVING ME...GOES SOMEWHERE...YOU WERE IN FORD ALL LAST WEEK..WE CAN ROUTE
    PHONE CHECKS BY THE WAY.

REPORT THE MORTICIAN AS ABUSE.

October 20, 2013 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  2. YOU ARE REPORTED FOR HACKING INTO MY FORD CREDIT

1. THAT 9K IS GOING TOO BE PAID IN FULL....WE ARE WATCHING A CRIMINAL THAT IS WHY IT IS NOT PAID YOU PRESENT FOR THAT CONFERENCE CALL WITH STAFF.
    2. I DO NOT ASK PEOPLE FOR 89.00 FOR DEEDS
    3. I JUST BOUGHT AN ATTIC.
    4. MORTICAN ON EP...LED US TOO THE HACK
    5. YOU HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT CARER ALL WEEK...WE GOT THE HACK

THE FORD CREDIT PAYMENTS ARE FOR US TOO MONITOR YOU ...THAT'S ALL IT IS...YOU ARE REPORTE
    AS ABUSE...

October 20, 2013 at 5:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. Adrienne

I can't believe this society anymore. All these ignorant, rude, judgemental comments because you are "holier than thou". Really, I mean really, my mouth is gaping at these comments. For God's sake, why can't we be human anymore? Are you so much better than she is? Do you know her? I'm sure all of you are professional photographers, too, since the lot of you find these photos "cliche and boring" and she must be a junkie, oh yes, I'm sure your narcissistic additudes towards someone you have never even met are getting you far in live, it's just reflecting the great things you have accomplished in life. I could not help but comment, and let me tell you I NEVER comment on anything. But she has no reason to be beaten down by anyone. Imagine if you read these comments as her. No one is perfect, no one. Let her have whatever look she wants, is yours so much better? Oh we know your style is so "in" and you are so stylish because her dark clothes are so "yesterday". As for the "poor cliche photos" by God is it not okay to do photos that aren't "in your face"? Maybe that's what the photographer and Francis were going for. Shame on us for such awful, inhuman comments. It is not up to us to judge ANYONE. No one is perfect, and that is incliuding me. Think before you write such negitive comments. She is beautiful just as everyone else.

October 20, 2013 at 12:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Adrienne

Excuse my typo, thought I would add that before someone decided to pounce on me.

October 20, 2013 at 1:01 am | Report abuse |
    • THIS IS WHAT SHE USES EXPERIENCE PROJECT FOR

YOU ARE REPORTED FOR HACKING INTO MY FORD CREDIT

2. I DO NOT ASK PEOPLE FOR 89.00 FOR DEEDS
      3. I JUST BOUGHT AN ATTIC.
      4. MORTICAN ON EP...LED US TOO THE HACK
      5. YOU HAVE BEEN TALKING ABOUT CARER ALL WEEK...WE GOT THE HACK

AS ABUSE...

October 20, 2013 at 5:07 am | Report abuse |
  4. Matherine

the new bloggers were molded well by the originals.

March 15, 2013 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kat

Wow its actually a bit shocking how many immature and rude comments there are. I think Frances looks beautiful and I love her Seymour Sunshine tattoo. I love Al Columbia. She is doing well it seems, not so in the spot light, very good. I don't think she looks like white trash at all, its simply darker beauty. Just because she isn't extremely girly or frilly doesn't make her ugly. Seems everyone has got such a 'holier than thou' mentality here.

August 19, 2012 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. b manson

i knew one day i would
    todqy was the day
    i fell in love.

i Love Frances Bean Cobain.

September 27, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dickie

Nothin special. Sorry. Too bad she had to disfigure her body while she is just a teen. Money well spent mom. Loser.

September 7, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sal Pittah

Courtney is hyper-aggressive talentless Trash with a bank account and a PR machine.
    Even with that, is this really as good as she sees it getting for her only child?

September 6, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Diver Dan

LIPSTICK on a pig, and a stale, cliche'd one to boot. i second this emotion as stated above, with a question for the "fashion industry":
    ARE YOU REALLY, SERIOUSLY, COMPLETELY OUT OF IDEAS??
    We all realize that LA fashion-photogs are approx 10 years behind the curve, and take their cues from the East Village's leftover test-prints, but even THEy must be hearing the phone ring:
    "IT'S 1987 CALLING... THEY WANT THEIR TROPES BACK"...
    anyway... with that, here's the dazzling quote from above:
    " Same old recycled Heroin Chic death-driven images that models were shot in in Vogue editorial type images during the Viet Nam war riots. Torn flags, cigarets hanging out of the mouth, death reference tats, blah, blah. Come on Courtney, you can do better by your daughter than this..... this is cliche. Especially given the fate of her father. She is a beautiful girl.....get with it and do right by her. I certainly hope some of the tats were temporary. This kid deserves better than this recycled goth, death-driven junk her parents dished out during "their days" of failure after failure.

September 6, 2011 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. PoorGirl

She looks like trailer trash, especially with the cancer stick front and center in most of the shots.

September 5, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  11. NickDrakeGirl

Oh good. She's smoking. Lovely. I wonder what will come next.

September 5, 2011 at 2:43 am | Report abuse |
  12. Deb

I had to comment one more time here. For all you mean, a**h*les out there, have some compassion!! She's been through alot in her very young life. I'd love to see what you haters look like. Probably fat hillbilly slobs with missing teeth!! I could bet on that and probably win!! She is a very pretty girl, and obviously thin. If you don't want to be judged, than don't judge others.

September 4, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Debra Texeira

Courtney Love doesn't even remotely resemble herself at all!! I wouldn't even have guessed it was Courtney except for the pic of her daughter, and the fact it says Courtney love and daughter Frances Bean Cobain. Frances definitely looks like her father Kurt.

September 4, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Robert

Fantastic Photos! Simply Gorgeous.
    All the hater comments are from people with absolutely no taste.

September 3, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

I agree with you Robert! I know people like tht and they're usually ugly as H*ll!!

September 4, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  15. chana

she def looks like both her parents, but more like her dad especially with that hair all in her face. did courtney ever get clean? i wonder if they do drugs togehter? hmmmmmm

September 2, 2011 at 7:45 am | Report abuse |
  16. Carla Seattle

I live down the street from where her father died. My father died when I was a kid, so I think of her often when I see the house and the experience we have in common. I hope she remembers how much great music her father did and not how he died. He lived a short, intense life. Most people don't contribute as much as he did.

September 2, 2011 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
    • JulieD

I am sorry that you lost your father at a very young age. It must be terrible to grow up that way. As far as Cobain, I was never a big fan but totally agree that he contributed much in his short life!

September 2, 2011 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  17. danny morrow

Wow.
    Art and beauty are in the eye of the beholder. Obviously most are only hoping that their random, miserable, shameful and rather evil comments make the obviously non-monitored CNN comment blog.
    Just more unnecessary reflections of the human race and things we say to feel good about ourselves.
    Shame.

September 1, 2011 at 5:27 am | Report abuse |
  18. terence

you can tell she got a fat nasty lower half cause NONE of them pictures show her lower half. i bet she built like a heffer from the waist down

August 31, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Debra

what do you look like Terence!! something tells me you look like a fat, pathetic pimple faced geek. I'd be happy to show my pic anytime to ya!!

September 4, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Shannon

She's beautiful, but in the pics she's to skinny. She's lost too much weight and looks unhealthy. She hardly ever smiles. She looks unhappy. Not that she isn't beautiful and she is, but she looks as though she's heading down the path of her mom.

August 31, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  20. Bayousara

Bean might look like her parents, but is that all she has as a claim to fame? I am getting tired of people who hang on to their famous family members. Anothe example is Clark Gable the 10th, or whoever he is. His grandfather would be ashamed of him.

August 30, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anne

What is she SUPPOSED to do.. ? She's obviously not out there BEGGING for someone to take her photo.

September 2, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  21. shameonyou

Seriously, judging someone entirely by the character they portray in a photoshoot... ridiculous! Go look at this: http://style.mtv.com/2011/08/16/frances-bean-cobain-rocky-schenck/

Whatever her life may be, it's her to live. She's beautiful in a way that's refreshingly far from typical. The more ugly comments about tattoos and their representation of a person's worth, morals, STDs (lmao... what a joke!), the more the authors of those posts sound like idiots. Blanket statments, either racial, or stereotype-driven, are what spreads hate. Jeez...

August 28, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  22. laura

Those photos aren't bad because the girls isn't pretty, they're bad because they're cliche and boring. Most 14 year girls have photos just like on their myspace page....black and white, trying to be moody, hand in messy hair and head slightly tilted. As artists, you should push the envelope- reinvent the wheel with every model. How about putting her in a tight pinstriped pencil skirt suit, then another with a 50's chic flair. Don't center her in every shot, take photos that make people say "wow, who's that" instead of "yeah, she looks like her mom". Definitely an artistic fail.

August 28, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  23. 54

she really does look like her father. and maybe her mother too but i forget what she actually looked like pre-surgeries. i think she's quite lovely and, yeah, smoking is gross but, if that's part of who she is then, oh well. Also, most of these pictures look kind of familiar. Are they maybe takes on photos her parents did back in the day?

August 26, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  24. chel

Wasn't she raised by her grandmother?

August 26, 2011 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  25. flossmore

You can find foxier chicks working at the corner bakery!

August 25, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  26. flossmore

I've seen better pics taken with a disposable.....and what's with the crucifix.........and the tats...she'll be in some adult mag soon.

August 25, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

I think it would be safe to say that you can't get a girl because you're so ugly!!

September 4, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  27. sandirs

She's not particularly pretty, much less "stunningly beautiful." She does have lovely coloring and eyes, but I don't think anyone would be interested in signing her if she were not Love and Cobain's daughter.

Unfortunately, the photo above gives no indication of her height or physique. I could be wrong, but she doesn't look tall enough or exceedingly fine-boned enough to model.

August 25, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  28. moi

As stunningly beautiful as she is, I hate to see her do a boring junkie photo shoot....this set of pictures is boring and has been done 1000's of times.....and there are still people who think it's "edgy"......

August 25, 2011 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  29. Adicus

How ironic...if she hadn't won the $perm lottery, she wouldn't even get a second glance. She's just another unkempt tweeny who's obviously had issues growing up. HOWEVER, because of her parents...she's automatically considered to be on the cutting edge of style, rebellion, and beauty. Gimme a break. There are countless numbers of other women with no recognizable background whatsoever, and yet are infinitely more gifted, original, and intriguing than this Mini-Kurtney. Remember, folks...everyone has to earn their stripes. Everyone.

August 25, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  30. Elmeaux

Ewww, a smoker. Her breath must stink like the bottom of a shoe that's been walked through horse manure. Barf.

And speaking of stink, why do so many of those pix have her arms up over her head as if she's airing out her pits?

Scary.

August 24, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Anndisaster28

I think she's beautiful, you can definitely tell who her dad is, she looks just like him. I doubt shes trashy, in all the interviews I've read she seems very intellegent.

August 24, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Lexy-b

I will NEVER understand the self mutilation people. especially kids, do to them selves with these ridiculous tatoos. It's just plain ugly. Even going to be REALLy ugly in your 60-70-80's.
    She looks like her daddy though, especially in the above photo. Has her mom's lovely eyes. (when her mom isn't strung out)

August 23, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Chris

Georgina girl, great photos... Pity about all the g'damn tramp stamps!

August 23, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  34. Amelia

She's absolutly adorable. Too many people want glossed over photoshopped fake beauty that they have come to believe as real. Sorry some of us long for truth. and she's got her fathers eyes and her mothers looks. both very compelling and in her it's natural.

August 23, 2011 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  35. mymelody312

let's hope she's not offered a reality show

August 22, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Rhonda

I think she is a pretty girl. The photos with the cigarettes are trashy looking but other than that they are nice.

August 22, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jacki

She's a gorgeous girl, but what is with the cig hanging off her lip in these shots. I have always thought that looked terribly trashy.

August 22, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adicus

And STILL, so many idiots out there consider the whole smoking image to be attractive and "cool." In the meantime, people like us will continue to have the last laughs. Smokers see Kurtney with that cig as being so cool and carefree. Non-smokers see Kurtney as having terrible breath, B.O., blackened lungs, yellowing teeth, premature aging, weakened senses, and so many diseases and cancers directly caused by smoking. Therefore, would someone PLEASE explain what's so enticing about smoking???

August 25, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  38. Erika

Looks like white trash to me!

August 22, 2011 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Jason

Wow. There's a lot of hostility here. This young woman has done nothing to deserve it as far as I can see. She has grown up with a lot of trauma and drama and is still here at 18. Hopefully, she will do a lot in her life to give back to a world that has taken so much from her. That, IMHO, is what will separate her from the trolls who post stupid comments on the internet in hopes of feeling better about their pathetic lives. You know who you are.

August 22, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  40. Vinny

She's a very pretty girl. I wish her well.

August 20, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Mark McKee

Like all celeb children, she's just a thing, a prop, an object. She doesn't have to look for a job, because she can always get an internship. Ah, she had an art show! Like a kardashian, a Kennedy, a Schawrtzenegger or Madonna spawn, she could have a fragrance. She can have anything she wants except, my perception of her as anything remotely human. And don't accuse me of objectifying her. That was taken care of long before I came along. I'm just observing, you know JAFO. puh–thetic..

August 19, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  42. cpfcpf

Resist the dark side, Frances. Your dad hated photo shoots and the pressure killed him. Your mom loves photo shoots and look what happened to her. Even back when she could still sort of think straight she offered this advice – "they get what they want and they never want it again." Don't let the system use you up.

August 19, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Sue

These pictures made me feel sad. She looks like a lost little girl who's amazingly talented father committed suicide and who's mother was so addicted to drugs, she couldn't raise her. Seeing her with a cigarette made me sad too considering both her parents were addicts. I hope she has many people around her to love and guide her.....

August 19, 2011 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  44. berrycooda

Pretty girl...sure she missed not having her father in her life. And, the way he died must
    be a very deep hurt for her.
    Could have done without all the tattoo's but it is her body and they probably mean something
    to her. Her sad look in the pictures remind me of Amy Winehouse...looks like an orphan...

August 19, 2011 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  45. GotThumbs

Saw the photos.....nothing really of note.

August 18, 2011 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Thorbecke

The resemblance to her dad is eerie, yet beautiful.

August 18, 2011 at 8:07 am | Report abuse |
  47. MO

Obviously planning on following her mothers same path. Sorry, nothing attractive here, Really! Why does a young "lady" need a cigarette, as a prop or otherwise. What should we expect though? Courtney is now what she has always been...a nothing that's been milking her dead husbands tortured life and death for all its worth...and now she'll do the same with their daughter. IMO...just sad.

August 17, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Jackson

Beautiful shots. Loved the flow of still and life shots. She has great eyes and an energy that comes through the lens.

I feel sorry for the rest of the negativity and judgemental comments here. I wish you well FBC.

August 17, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Daniel Bates

Francis is very pretty. It's too bad her tatoos make her ineligible to date rich, young elitists like me. Here's hoping that her unearned 'baggage' does not mess up her life.

August 17, 2011 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  50. az

Trash, just like her mommy. Dead from drugs within 5 years.

August 17, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  51. French-Canadian

Her back tattoo should read "L'art est la solution DU chaos". Not "au chaos". As she has it written, it translates to: "Art is the solution at chaos". Easy fix though.

August 17, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark McKee

We Americans can't even speak our own language anymore. How can you expect us to translate French??? Anyway, intellectual accuracy is considered quite unpatriotic, and we Mericans love Merica.

August 19, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kazimir Strassman

Non, en fait, elle a raison. On dit une solution à quelque chose et non de quelque chose (à moins qu'il soit question d'une solution chimique).

March 15, 2013 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  52. the Wash

She looks just like her dad! Very stunning! But I think she has entirely too many tattoos for an 18-year-old girl.

August 17, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Lisa

Yeah. This looks about what Kurt Cobain and Courtney Love would produce. Great job, LOL!!!

August 17, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  54. Judy

Yep, have to say it. The whole thing is cliche. Media mentality: "Child of celebrities does photo shoot. Public to be impressed." Why doesn't Frances Bean do something original and use her name and money to support any one of a thousand needy causes? Now THAT would be doing something positive and newsworthy! (And by the way, I had the same T-shirt 30-odd years ago..... again, what an original [NOT] concept.)

August 17, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  55. Kristy

She has her father's eyes, and is beautiful!

August 16, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Elizabeth

Coming from an artist and aspiring photographer, I personally find these photos to be in very poor taste. They're not good quality. I think the cigarettes make the photos look trashy, let alone her, and this is coming from a smoker. I think there is so many things that could have been done to make these a heck of a lot better then what they are. There's no artistic quality. What a shame.

August 16, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Wordgardener

Actually, the tattoos are beautiful. The creepy old guy head I could do without, but I assume it has personal significance to her. As for the folks trashing her for her parents, for her tattoos – she's a woman coming into her own. If I had her parents, I'd be bursting at the seams as well, with tattoos and whatever else it took to carve a real "me" out of all the hype and expectations. Cigarettes kill you, though. Ditch those, stick with who you really are.

August 16, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  58. eek

Frances, please eat something.

August 16, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sue

she looks so thin...I hope she eats enough. I have worried about this young girl for years. Wishing her well!

August 19, 2011 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  59. laftrthr8p

Beautiful girl and gorgeous pix. she has her father's eyes and bone structure, most definitely. Sad that so many are attacking the kid for no reason. She's overcome a lot in her life. Who she is and who she will become is not based on her tattoos or her cigarettes. It's based on what she is inside. I wish her all the best and hope that she does not live out all of these doomsday predictions. Just can't get over how much she looks like her dad. Those eyes! The monkey pix totally creep me out though! ha!

August 16, 2011 at 9:37 am | Report abuse |
  60. Belial

What's with all of the superior grandmas and grandpas up in here? You all should die slowly, painfully, and soon.

August 16, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  61. Mark

Great. Another young person about to become famous for absolutely nothing at all. Remember when you had to do something before anyone gave a crap?

August 15, 2011 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Martina

Poor thing looks like she needs to eat something. :(

August 15, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  63. I Mean What

It must be all sorts of difficult to live up to the legacy of her father, Kurt Cobain, having had such an enormous impact of our cultural landscape. That, coupled with her incredibly koo-koo mother, Courtney Love, who has overshadowed anything that Frances Bean Cobain has set out to do by her sheer koo-koo-ness http://bit.ly/mRWFIt

August 15, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  64. Argle Bargle

Looks like trash runs in the family.

August 14, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Anna

You losers don't know this girl personally. You looooove to jump to conclusions and judge her and have a little chuckle over your barely coherent comments. Let her live her life and make her own choices free from instant prejudice.

By the way, I've yet to read a comment on how she has Kurt's features and how cool that is. I think it's awesome to see a musician I'm such a big fan of in the eyes of his child. Forget that he ended his life despite being a new father. Let's look up for a moment and take a break from looking down all the friggin' time.

August 14, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Trina

How sweet! All grown up and ready for rehab! Her mom must be so proud and her dad would be too!!!

By the way... don't describe them as rock and roll royalty. Courtney's band has gone nowhere and Kurt died at the beginning of his band's potential. No where near royalty. Kurt will be remembered for a stupid suicide rather than any great contribution to music. Courteny has already been forgotten!

August 14, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

What a moron, to their fans (you're obviously not one of them) they will never be forgotten. And Nirvanas music was the best music to come out of the 90's. Pff...no contribution? trash? Blow me.

August 14, 2011 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  67. LeeLee

I actually think the pictures are pretty. Yes, she's 18 and has tattoo's. Big deal. That was her choice. My son is a year older than she is. I don't know one person from this generation who doesn't have a tattoo. I've told him and all of his friends that they are the "tattoo generation," and that they may regret it one day. And maybe they won't. To them, it's just an expression of art. I think she's a beautiful young lady (and wow! doesn't she look like her father), who as someone said, probably does have a rough road ahead, but who's to say? I hope she tries to do better than either of her parents did. Time will tell. As we don't "know" her, she should be given a chance and not criticized. She's very young. She's been through a whole lot more in her life than many of us have. As is said, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!

August 13, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Jellomundo

Everybody does NOT have tattoos. Some of us choose to express ourselves with our words and actions rather than doodling permanently all over our bodies. The script is nice, but lot of those tattoos on her are just plain ugly and ill placed.

August 18, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Kris

For an 18 year old her boobs are awfully saggy

August 12, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jen

I know right? How is that amount of saggy attainable at 18 years old? Just Creepy- she looks like a drug addict and her belly button scares me. Good luck to her in the future- I hope she doesn't take advice from her mother. ( or any more advice from her mother)

August 20, 2011 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  69. AnnCoulter

Pretty good pics. Would be nice to see some of her smiling. The dark goth look got boring by the end.

August 12, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  70. shannon

she has a line from jeff buckley's song grace tattooed on her inner arm :)

August 12, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Jon

I feel old. I can't believe that girl is 18 already.

August 12, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  72. Virgo

She's pretty, but those are some god awful tattoos.....they take away from her beauty.

August 12, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  73. Phillip R

Funny enough, the article picture is probably the best picture I've seen of Courtney Love. Her daughter kinda looks like Jo-jo in the pic.

August 11, 2011 at 11:29 pm | Report abuse |
  74. jay dee

People are mean and should be ashamed of themselves. She's had a hard life so far and I wish her the best.

August 11, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  75. T13

All of you negative people need to figure out what's wrong with your own lives. All of you assume Frances is taking the same trashy road as her donors. WAKE UP PEOPLE......IT'S A PHOTO SHOOT!!!!!!!!! They could make Courtney look like a perfect nun! Get a life!!!!!!!!!! Keep making assumptions idiots! We all know what happens when you make assumptions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 10, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  76. accting5133

What happened to the beautiful young woman pictured with her mother on the red carpet? You can't even find those stunning eyes under that bed-head hair and made up eyebrows. And all those tats at eighteen? Good Job, Courtney.

August 10, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Andrew

Don't look at those photos at work.

August 10, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Dee

I think she looks more like her dad. Very striking, I hope she is able to have a normal life despite her tumultuous childhood.

August 10, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Teacher Lady

If mt students have tattoos they automatically get an F. F for failure and F for looser. 10th graders dont need tattoos.

August 10, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jef

Just wanted to poitn out that it's "loser". Glad you aren't teaching my kids, lady

August 11, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  80. alice

I bet Faith has a bigger weiner than Chaz.

August 10, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  81. junebug

A famous doctor once said you can count the number of STDs a girl has by counting her tattooes.

August 10, 2011 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amanda

If you are going to make an ignorant comment, you might as well spell the words right. The correct spelling is tattoos.

August 23, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  82. monkeygirl

Wow, stunning work!
    You hicks don't know much about art photography or music, do you? You might want to keep your ignorant comments to yourself; your idiocy is showing. The tattoo about not being afraid to die is a quote from a beautiful Jeff Buckley song. Approximately 40% of people in the US are tattooed these days, It's not as if this is the 50s when you grew up. You might want to get with the times, Grandpa.

August 10, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe Camel

Branding yourself with somebody else's thoughts is actually worse than branding yourself with your own negative ones. Fandom and the loss of personal imagination is the biggest contributor to the decline of western art and culture – another person's poetry shouldn't give you feeling. It should just make you better understand theirs.

August 11, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aireka

Blah blah ^ since when does getting a tattoo have guidelines? For all I know if she likes the damn line and she got it tattoed big deal. I'm pretty sure she can care less what any of you think. To each his/her own

August 12, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  83. pointie

Tattoos are trashy. I bet faith has some.

August 10, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  84. The Urinator

The saddest thing about Cobains death was it yielded the foo fighters. BLEH!

August 10, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  85. huulio

She sure does ! I bet her and Faith are lesbean lovers ! Tattooed people need to remeber to not mess with meth.

August 10, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  86. Simon and Buttfunkel

She looks like a LesBean.

August 10, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  87. Faith

For the most part, the majority of you are disgusting! A young woman has some photos taken, and OMG she has tats...let's lock her up now before she becomes a meth addict!! Come on!! How cruel people can be. Because of people like all of you haters, young kids turn to alcohol and drugs. Why don't you get a life and look in the mirror. I'm sure none of you are perfect in any way. And I'm sure none of you would want to read things about yourself like what you have just posted. How simple minded and cruel of all hateful and nasty commenters!

August 10, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Aireka

She lpoke perfectly fine to me. She got tattoos because she wanted them, I'm sure. Not because of who her mom is so everyone just pipe it down on blaming her mom. Secondly, since when did it become public debate on what she can do with her life? as far as I'm concerned she can do whatever she damn wants and you're all (including myself) are going to sit there and just take it. Do us a favor, go watch your favorite show/movie, have a drink and clean your house. Don't you guys have errands to do? I know I do than to just sit behind my computer and write rude/mean bs

August 12, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aireka

Looks perfectly fine to me.

August 12, 2011 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ren

very well said..

August 22, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Linda

Not sure about all this. Do we need to see her because of her (in)famous seed donors? Has she done anything special to warrant such attention? NOT. She will have the same road to travel as her seed donors..hopefully she will learn from their horrific life mistakes and become her OWN person one day, shedding the negativity and sadness that surrounds her name. Here's to hoping!

August 10, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
    • THX

The media has her on their radar because of her infamous parents and the huge chance she will explode emotionally because of it. They want to be ready with cameras waiting to film every excruciating moment of her self-destructive meltdown. Who she really is or does, it doesn't matter as much as getting the "money shot" they're banking on.

August 23, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  89. sheila

she's beautiful – you can definitely see both her parents in her face. why is everyone so mean?

August 10, 2011 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
  90. Kenneth

HUUH-RANNNNNNNDEE!

August 10, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  91. huulio

What trailerpark dumpster did she just crawl out of?

August 10, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  92. biebs

Maybe it is just me, but she seems a little traaashhy for someone conseeeved in a highschool loockerroom.

August 10, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

You're defensive judgements about where a person is concieved does make me wonder where you were truly concieved. Blind racism is a reflection of a person's inability to deal with an traumatizing event sometime in their lives...pathetic.

August 14, 2011 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jellomundo

^^how was that comment racist? Uncalled for and mean, yes, but racist, no.

August 18, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Yolanda Weiner

She should join the NRA.

August 10, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
  94. boocat

That's Courtney Love???!!! What the hell did she do to herself? As far as Frances...she looks like her dad....

August 10, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  95. biebs

She is just another Ashley SImpson wannabee.

August 10, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  96. shaantal

ISNT SHE DATING CHAZ BONO ?

August 10, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  97. octavius

I bet her weeeiner is alot bigger than her dads was.

August 10, 2011 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  98. Tai

some of the pics are cute. most just make me sad. This girl is what, 18 and had tatted herslef up with phrases like
    " aint afraid to die"? wow!! how depressing. i hope she is seeing a shrink.....

August 10, 2011 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  99. Rolyat

Considering both her parents were mentally unbalanced, she looks like she may stand a chance.
    Hopefully she will have a good life.

August 10, 2011 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  100. octavius

I bet she stinks like teen spirit. And smells like a cigarette infested toilet stall.

August 10, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  101. laquanda

Kinda resembles Jay Leno to me. Jay Leno with white girl tattoos.

August 10, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  102. laquanda

Yeah ! I bet she ends up with hep a, b, and c plus on methadone within 10 years. May already have hep from those trashy tattoos.

August 10, 2011 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  103. Poop Tarts

What a Jaw. She reminds me of Herman Munster.

August 10, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  104. willy wonker

Everyone with a tattoo that wasnt in the military is a poop for brains.

August 10, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
    • sam

maori?

August 26, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • meeeeeeeeeeeee

so i suppose the set of initials on my ankle negates my bachelor degree and achievement of gettin to 25 without having fallen into a hole in the street? those initials are for my nephew who died in a car crash a few years ago. but what do i know, i have poooo in my head!

September 5, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  105. willy wonker

She needs to be in the circus with all the other tattooed ladies and bearded ladies.

August 10, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  106. erika

She looks just like her father.

August 10, 2011 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  107. Andraya3OOO

Does she do anything else or was that just another one hundred fifty thousand dollar Hollywood education down the drain?

August 10, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  108. Andraya3OOO

What's up with all the dolls crying and s**t?

August 10, 2011 at 2:12 am | Report abuse |
  109. etu

What a rebel. Oh, what a dark soul. The originality; so unique. Such a joke.

August 10, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
    • cheralyn

Ah yes...But don't you know this young woman is "Hollywood and Music Industry Royalty"? and as such, she is to be revered as much more beautiful and talented and worthy of being looked upon with great awe than any of us "unintelligent life" (as she expressed in her oh-so-original tee shirt) than us peons.

August 13, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
    • newton

Just do a quick recap of Lisa Marie Presley to see where this is going. daughter of white trash, tortured by legendary father's untimely death, being hustled like a ho touting her last name, being exploted by the music factory, cookie cutter rebellion, over affected superficial poutiness. hello rehab, hello Enquirer.

September 2, 2011 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  110. Nicki

What did she do to herself nose job made her chin smaller she fine before why did she do that??!! Her eye are very pretty!

August 10, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
    • THX

Nose job, facial reshaping and lip injections from the looks of it. I wouldn't rule out some cocaine for the weight either.

August 23, 2011 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  111. lala

With 100 plastic surgeries Frances can also look like her mannequin mother.

August 9, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  112. LouRod

she is a very pretty girl...like them tats..loose the cigarettes tho..lol

August 9, 2011 at 10:16 pm | Report abuse |
  113. JD

The cigarette makes her look stupid and ugly

August 9, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  114. joeywhoa

Who is the guy standing next too her.

August 9, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Jacqueline

She has her father's eyes. I only hope she can escape the drug-addiction both her parents dealt with... Good luck to her...

August 9, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christophor

Your comment is the only one I've read that is not complete RUBBISH..the rest must be on the 46 million food stamp plans i read about.

August 25, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  116. serious

Do we really need shots of her smoking a cigarette? How sad. The photographer could've make her look amazing without them.

August 9, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  117. madhater

Nothing wrong with a little tobacky buddy.

August 9, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  118. christo q

Yes, Frances exudes a lot of natural beauty ... but to me, it's a shame that by age 18, her "mom of the year" allowed her to cover her body in tattoos ... not to mention that she's smoking cigarettes.

Call me an old fart, but at age 53 I've known 5 people who've died of lung cancer. At some point in the not too distant future, Frances will deeply regret her choice to have adorned her body with bizarre tattoos ... and to have begun smoking.

August 9, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Myk

I don't think she well regret anything. Look at the two people that provided her DNA. She has a long road ahead of her. And it won't be pretty.

August 9, 2011 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mo

She smokes and has tattoos b/c her "mother of the year" is nothing but a POS heroin attic that lost the abillity to raise her or be a functional human being years ago. She has been emancipated for several years for that reason.

August 10, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Good thing we live in America with the freedom to make choices freely as adults and not in Christo Q-Land where paranormal opinons about a person's habits have any reflection on how a person looks in the eyes of GOD.

August 14, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Mo the Schmo

addict*
      ;) Before you judge others, learn to spell.

August 18, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Jellomundo

I agree with ChristoQ. As I was looking at the photos I was just SMH looking for track marks and thinking how, in any case, the apple didn't stray too far from the tree. The tatts and ciggies at 18? She was probably already into them at age 12. Still, she looks very pretty in some of the pics. In others...some of those tattoos just look silly.

August 18, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Terry Thomas

@richard,Audrina Partridge talk about rats in loads of make up now she' typical, you probably dislike Frances' mom.That girl is sizzlin'.

August 9, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  120. wow

Add this to be in the 27 group when she gets that age

August 9, 2011 at 6:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trina

Oh, I don't know if she will even last that long! Her mom must be so proud!

August 14, 2011 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  121. Terry Thomas

Thanks Pat but I don't do Gap.

August 9, 2011 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Richard Fore

The pictures are great, can you imagine how good they would be if Frances was even close to being a superhottie. She's got mall-rat looks at best, a little money and artistic photogrphy go a long way.

The same photo shoot with Audrina Patridge........ now that would be something!!!!!

August 9, 2011 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
  123. Terry Thomas

OMG Amazing awesomely beautiful woman.

August 9, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pat

@Terry, do you love her dress too, you can find one just like it for yourself at the GAP.

August 9, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  124. Sargeant

These are crazy beautiful pics!

August 9, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • tcp

Way off, Toni...WAY off! She is stunning.

August 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • x

These are some terrible effin pictures. She looks like the homeless junkie living in the park. Daddy would be proud

August 16, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • missskitttin

The pictures are cool. They will sell. That said, you cant really see her face. Make what you want out of this idea. Ill just throw it out there.....

August 18, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • DFD

Beautiful girl. But what does the left side of her face look like.

August 19, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
    • MLNdeV

How sad.... these pics show a young woman who was denied her childhood by an egotistical, drug addicted mother who pulled her child into the self-built hell she chose to live in.... Francis Bean will never have a happy life (I wouldn't dare to use the word normal) because she was raised in a world where mommy was the center of the universe.... and now she has no idea of what it's like to live on the earth and get along with the rest who live here. Again, so very sad.

August 21, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • 1

They certainly validate the Star Trek reference

August 21, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Autos

"Too many people want glossed over photoshopped fake"...You actually just typed that..YOU ACTUALLY TYPED THAT....go google pictures of her..seriously GOOGLE THE HUNDREDS OF PHOTOS OF WHAT SHE ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE..nothing wrong with her, but those pictures are so photoshopped, cut and pasted, airbrushed..etc..its almost computer generated nonsense..I'm laughing at how naive you are at posting that.

August 30, 2011 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Steffie Richards

September 2, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Chris

With a name like Fisting your brother, its no wonder...soooo what have you done with your life nobody?

August 14, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |