Ashton Kutcher talks tech, 'Two and a Half Men'
August 9th, 2011

Ashton Kutcher talks tech, 'Two and a Half Men'

Ashton Kutcher is not only an actor - and Charlie Sheen’s replacement on “Two and a Half Men” - but he’s also turned into a tech guru and businessman.

Kutcher, 33, covers the September issue of Details, and gives his two cents on social media scandals, Twitter popularity and filling Sheen's sitcom shoes.

The actor once had the most popular Twitter account in the world, and still enjoys sharing his life with seven million followers. “I think privacy is valuable,” he says. “But at the end of the day, if you're not doing anything wrong you don't have anything to hide.”

Because, the way he sees it, there shouldn't be a difference between one's online life and one's real life. "I think technology is just mapping and organizing what already exists. If you're an asshole offline, you're probably an asshole online."

And what of those "leaked photo" scandals that sometimes turn out not to be leaked images at all? (*Cough*, Anthony Weiner, *cough.*)

"I think as more people realize that you're not invisible just because you're behind a monitor, the less that kind of thing will happen," he muses. "You're in the openness of the Internet. You have to check your moral compass every time you do something. But I also think there's some blatantly intrusive stuff people are doing. I'm not particularly a fan of Sarah Palin, but perusing all of her e-mails because we can? I think that's bullsh*t. Not to say that Weiner should have been sending pictures of his d- around.”

But for all that he’s doing with tech, Kutcher is primarily an actor, and is reportedly doing very well on the set of “Two and a Half Men.”

He couldn't reveal much about his character - "It's somewhere between an alien and Jesus Christ," Kutcher tells Details - but he does open up a bit more about his communication with Charlie Sheen.

I don't know him. I've never met him in my life," Kutcher admits. "But, you know, he sent me congratulations and wished me well. Via Twitter.”

Ashton Kutcher guest-edited an exclusive online-only issue of Details. Find it on Facebook, Flipboard, Twitter, and Tumblr on August 16th.

1. paul

Undeniably imagine that which you said. Your favorite justification appeared to be at the internet the simplest thing to understand of. I say to you, I certainly get annoyed while folks consider concerns that they plainly don't recognise about. You controlled to hit the nail upon the top and defined out the entire thing without having side-effects , other people could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thank you

July 15, 2012 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  2. roxanne

he will never be as good as charlie two and a half men is charlie.all ashton did is doing is sleeping with his grandmother 2 get on top at leased charlie has some class.

August 15, 2011 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  3. uy

uyt

August 15, 2011 at 4:02 am | Report abuse |
  4. Kei

Nice sweater dick head.

August 13, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Gristle

Honeys givin me a boehner. sho

August 12, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  6. I-Zheet M'Drurz

I could do a better job than Asston Coochie.

August 11, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. GA Pech

Sorry Honey Bea but Demi is too old to be popping out babies! Nothing against Demi or Ashton; She is a beautiful woman and he is a a doll! They would have a gorgeous kid, jsut not going to hapen! I have heard Ashton wants babies but he should have thought of that sooner! I amm also a cougar but I know better than to marry anyone young enough to want a family! Cougars should stay single!

August 10, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Joe

My prediction is that without Charlie Sheen Two and a Half Men will be cancelled after this season. Besides Kutcher reportedly only signed a one year contract. Even he knows the show won't last.

August 10, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  9. tommy

Honey h0 please shut up you r giving us a headache. Go to the strip joint that u work at n put something in ur mouth. that should keep u quiet.

August 10, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  10. HoneyBea

6 and1/2 shoe both parents played college basketball.

August 10, 2011 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  11. danny88m

Ashton is a great actor but the show will not survive with out sheen. Might last one or two season but without charlie sheen show will cancel. Charlie sheen is the man!!

August 10, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  12. HoneyBea

@downsouth size 6 1/2 show dads 6/6 mom's 5/10 tall family. Not a man I even have ovaries.

August 10, 2011 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  13. Charlie Harper

I am not dead I just posted a comment

August 10, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  14. HoneyBea

Green Eyes I will say this I'm not built like a boy or a cow was a name given to me because my name starts with B and I'm sweet as honey.Getting back to the subject 34-22-33 you don't have to like or believe it.I've been this way since the ninth grade girls would stare at me in the locker at school.My mom said I'm built like the models of the eighties and nineties. StephanieSeymore,Linda Evangelista,Jill Goodacre ect.I assure they didn't and still don't look like cows or young boys.I do not have cellulite or back problems yet, I work with a trainer four times a week I've got good abs a strong defined back thighs and legs which allows me to carry this shelf and keeps me out of the surgeons office so far.Now to the women of the world if I've said anything last night to make you look bad I'm sorry. I still say Ashton's hot.

August 10, 2011 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  15. downsouth

i think honey beu is a man..ha ha. 5'8 is very tall for a lady. What size feet do you have she-man? I see an adam's apple in the vision. whatever turns you on man

August 10, 2011 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  16. downsouth

Honey bea is my hero

August 10, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  17. ElPollo

I like how people say "Sheen is such a better actor!" As well as "This show is about Sheen's life – it
    was written for him!". Sheen never had to even TRY to act, he was just a straightman. Cryer deserves the credit for this show's success, all Charlie did was deliver punchlines in deadpan.

August 10, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  18. Lonnie dee voc

Ashton in not charlie..... Charlies talent is undeniable... the last succesful thing Astonh did was mary demi

August 10, 2011 at 8:50 am | Report abuse |
  19. george

The quality of the discussion on the board is, for the most part, exceedingly low.

August 10, 2011 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  20. cher

too bad ,some day he will look back and see he wasted a good part of his youthful life with demi and could have been a ally beautiful younger women or a women his own age. But still not too late for him.

August 10, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  21. Mark

duh, I keep my privacy private cuz my Mommy I mean my wife tells me to. I will, duh take the money and run for the season that I'm on this show..what is it? I uh forget. By the way I'm looking forward to Charlie's next show.

August 10, 2011 at 7:59 am | Report abuse |
  22. manny

Wow,99% of you posters are at the bottom of societies barrel...losers who fail at life...

August 10, 2011 at 7:56 am | Report abuse |
  23. alecia

Charlie IS Two and a Half Men! If hes no longer there Lorre needs to get out while the gettings good. Kutcher will NEVER be good enough to carry this show. Btw he needs to share whatever he was smoking during that interview! @Charlie, @BV, @Peace, @Fernace and @Mad have a great day and if you have rain SHARE! :)

August 10, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  24. turd fergussen

Obama made him do the show.

August 10, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
  25. guy

Can't stand the kid....too immature and over the top behaviours...I won't be watchin' the new 2 1/2 men thank you.

August 10, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
  26. @Honey Bea

Roflmao!!! 5'8 height, 22 inch waist line, 125 lbs with a size Triple D t!t$. yea right..lol. You must be in bed a lot with bad back with Triple D's and small body frame. Only a f/o/ol that thinks with his d**k would believe the measurements that you gave, a f/o/ol like the one a few comments above. I bet you have Wide Load tattooed across your a*$ instead. Dimple c/hee/ks and cottage cheese is more the look you have on your back view. As for Ashton, he is nothing to look at. He has a whimpy body and he needs to go to the gym and workout. I guess some women don't know what a real man is. Have a nice day and thanks again for the laugh with your fake body measurements..lol. Try and hold your back up and don't hunch with that heavy load that you have to carry..lol

August 10, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
  27. DontBelievetheHypw

Dont for one minute think Ashton Kutcher is a nice guy. He has come to our theatre before and was completely rude to our staff and to guests who didn't even bother him.

August 10, 2011 at 4:14 am | Report abuse |
  28. @ Honey Bea

If those are your measurements, you definitely are no a fat cow. So, why the hostility. You are obviously the perfect size and it is your opinion if you think he is hot. Many girls do. Plenty of girls and women would ki!! to be your size. Live it and love it. Do you, don't fret with anyone telling you what you aren't.

August 10, 2011 at 3:48 am | Report abuse |
  29. ironman1

this guy is still bum and the show will tank bring back charlie sheen he was the show and funny

August 10, 2011 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  30. shawn

All the hateful comments! All yall get along for heavens sake!

August 10, 2011 at 2:00 am | Report abuse |
  31. Honey Bea

Hey h* why are you tripping I'm not giving anyone a bad name I think Ashton's hot it doesn't mean anything just my opinion. I do want kids you don't have to I don't think it gives you a bad name I'm 5'8 1/2 and weigh one hundred twenty five pounds 22' waist so who are you calling fat cow?

August 10, 2011 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  32. weird aj

Hahaha....these comments are way more interesting and entertaining than the actual article/story!

August 10, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  33. Joshua Cochran

Jesus was already an alien. Does this mean Ashton is playing Superman?

August 10, 2011 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  34. Gigu

I would rather charlie sheen or kanye west

August 10, 2011 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  35. Kat

Can't wait 2 see ashton he will be gr8 on 3 men @ a crab he he he

August 10, 2011 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  36. @Honey Bea

Sock*

August 10, 2011 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  37. @Honey Bea

Please stfu. It's women like you that gives all women a bad name. Nag, b!t(h and complain, and your triple DDD's just tells that you are fat, that's all. Not every woman thinks that Ashton is all that. He looks more like he would come out of the closet any time soon and sprinkle fairy dust and fly away. Also, not all women want to shoot out 3/4 kids. In fact, not all women wants kids. I sure don't. So you should take your own d@mn midol, shove a shock down your throat and just stfu.

August 10, 2011 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |
    • myk

Saaaayyyyyy Whhhaattttttttt Gave it to her straight raw and uncut

August 10, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

Doooooo what????? D@@@@@mn......yall are just goin at it. Calm down.

August 10, 2011 at 3:53 am | Report abuse |
  38. charlie crack

Oooooh Midol and tampons.........that is funny........@Honeybea.........we are just playin with ya.......we really are.....just take it as a joke and dont get so uptight.....we like to have fun.........we are good guys......you just are taking to serious......give us a chance.........have a good night.........be good

August 9, 2011 at 11:51 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Monty

didn't know tampons came in elephant size

August 9, 2011 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
  40. DeeCee1000

Pleeeese donate to Somalia if you can. Anything will do. A little goes a long way but please don't forget the famine in Somalia. Find a reputable organization to donate, Unicef, Oxfam, Worldvision, Savethechildren. Please donate.

August 9, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Native on a Reservation

Forget Somolia.. Donate to local charities in your hometown and neighborhood.

Help those who are out of work, those fallen ill with cancer or debilitating disease and have lost their lives to mountains of medical debt, help the 1 in 12 American children who goto school every morning hungry, or the one in 8 adults who skip meals so their children don't have to.

Charity starts in your neighborhood. Once we have rebuilt America, we can worry about people a world away.

August 9, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Honey Bea

Hey guys i've got some extra tampons and Midol you can have.

August 9, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Monty

really?

August 9, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Willy Shat

Awww yeah I'd have been cool if you only had one! Bea my honey muffin ya lovely trailer park queen, you!

August 9, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  44. maclean

A lot is two words not one. I have two D cups two cats and one ex-husband and I assure you I am no hoarder. Let's hold judgement until we see the show. It will speak for itself when the time comes.

August 9, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk

That's for the grammar lesson. LMAO You know what else is (alot)....My cojones sitting (atop) your forehead..

August 9, 2011 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • brian

Yeah,like you got cajones.And if you do,I bet they are laughable under a tiny little thumb sized penis.

August 10, 2011 at 3:05 am | Report abuse |
  45. charlie crack

@Myk- You're crackin' me up today........LMAO........seriously........goin' jab for jab with em', you go!

August 9, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  46. tazer warrior princess

This will be the death of the show. Bummer.

August 9, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Honey Bea

Stupid Willy triple 'D' cup you a**h*le.@ Davej I've got one dog.Is there anything else you want to know.

August 9, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Honey Bea

@Davej I can comment on this blog if I want and the woman is not a pedaphile,and no matter if a person would defend me or not I would still defend their honor.

August 9, 2011 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Davej

I bet you have alot of pets in your house don't you. I bet you are a hoarder.

August 9, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Willy Shat

Hold up hold up....Honey has THREE size D boobs? Is she an alien? Let me get in on that! Whooahhhh!

August 9, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  50. vicky

wow,,lots of nasty comments..you people really need to get a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 9, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Mireya

I guess since u guys talk so badly about Ashton and Demi's relationship I am assuming your relationship with ur significant other is better and your spouse is better looking. Let them b...

August 9, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Honey Bea

Furthermore if I was Demi I would have popped out three or four kids with that stud then you'd have something to talk about.

August 9, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Davej

Well honey bea your not. Your just some woman on marquee blogs defending a celebrity that wouldn't spit on you if you were on fire. Stop trying to defend this old pedaphile of a woman.

August 9, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Honey Bea

@dudes listen to yourselves gosh I thought I would insult you by calling you dogs but you're more catty than most women,yea get a life dang.

August 9, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  54. FAITH123

How would we ever think we know what Ashton and Demi's life is like...or if they really love eachother...or if Ashton "banged" Demi's oldest daughter? Unless you are friends of theirs or are in the bedroom, how would you know? I say...can't wait to see Ashton play the part in Men and can't wait to see Charlie star in Anger Management. Congrats to both of them on their new ventures!

August 9, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Monty

OK – myk – YOU ARE crazy.....Demi may be old enough to be your mother but she is most DEFINATELY not saggy, wrinkly and leaky.
    And as for you "Honey" you gave me the best laugh I've had in a long time and I THOUGHT I gave you props for it and still you come back and insult me.... so I think I'm DONE with this thread. ( And BTW I don't know how to use a game controller or an IPAD – in fact I don't even own a cell phone.... so DON'T think you know me)

August 9, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  56. madhater

She was such a whure! In the 80's.

August 9, 2011 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Honey Bea

You I guess young bucks who are having fun at Mrs. Kutcher expense let i'll bet most of you can't get a woman cougar or a pyt because you're a**h*les the only hot thing besides yourselves is an IPad or a hand held controller especially you @Monty.

August 9, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk

LMAO. That still doesn't change the fact that demi is old, saggy, wrinkly and leaky. Demi is not a cougar. More like a panda.

August 9, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Monty

I'm pretty sure that's what I said the first time I posted was everyone needs to get a life.....I'm with you – guess I just don't get it.

August 9, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  59. BroadwayBaby

Truly sad that the producer of 2 and 1/2 Men could not admit that Charlie Sheen and his life WAS the show, and ended it. Surely they are all making huge amounts of money from syndication – so why keep a zombie show on the air? Answer: Sick ego. Nothing against Ashton, his movies are not great, but anyone deserves a show of their own, not to try to resuscitate a dead one. And to those hating Demi – hey, I hear that Ashton lied about hsi age, and the age gap between them is NOT as large as you think! He's a lucky guy who NEVER needs to work, so why aren't his projects tailor made for him? He can afford his own show, so what gives?? THAT's the question!!!

August 9, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  60. dr aswesome

Really.. This is what the world came to..everyone needs to stop hating...they are both great actors and have both made great movies.. Of course every actor had a movie that wasn't as good as the last. I can't stand hearing stupid comments.. Doesn't anyone have intelligent conversations anymore ..yes charlie sheen is a great actor as well..but he screwed up his show for himself ..I'm sure ashton will do fine ..get a life people

August 9, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  61. @Kathy

I bet at her age you will look like a old, fat beat up cow you jealous pig

August 9, 2011 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Monty

Touche' Honey!!! ROGL – Actually "bouncing off walls laughing!!!"

August 9, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  63. madhater

I wonder if he gets sick of listening to the Breakfast Club soundtrack on audio cassette everyday? I can't wait for this show to fail.

August 9, 2011 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Honey Bea

@Monty I said i'd trade one of my Ds I actually have three and i'm wide awake chump.

August 9, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Mammy

I wouldn't cornhole him for a million bucks. He's a boy/man. So disgusting.

August 9, 2011 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Monty

I bet cash money his "elderly wife" is 100 times more talented then the rest of you put together (and probably in much better shape too)... and Honey .. .. you're only a "D" in your frickin dreams....

August 9, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Johnny Cage

I wonder if young Ash is taking acting lessons from his elderly wife Demi for this show.

August 9, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk

LMAO Demi is old and saggy. You already know why he married her. MONEY. And I bet ashton has banged demi's older daughter.

August 9, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Native

@myk. Gross!! Dude / dudette, Demi moores daughters are UGLY! He's banging Demi for the Hollywood hookups and cash, he can go round up young hotties a hundred tines better looking then demis crotch fruit anytime he wants!

August 9, 2011 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • myk

@native Dude when has that ever stopped a dude from cheating. She is a looker, young. and close by. That's something that he hasn't had in a long time. A man is only as faithful as his options. And if she has given him the option of letting him work her over.. Then gues what...Ashton is gonna DO WORK..

August 9, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Honey Bea

@Monty so do you anyway getting back toAshton,if it were possible I would trade Demi one of my Ds (cup) for some of Ashton I mean he's the complete package cute,funny,generous,sweet,smart,and s*xy wow.

August 9, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  69. drewster

Everyone knows jesus christ was an alien!! And lol at stevo. Who cars about the first post? Its not like ill remember you 4ever or somthin. Buhbye

August 9, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Monty

You people obviously need a life...

August 9, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Steve

He couldn't reveal much about his character – "It's somewhere between an alien and Jesus Christ,"

Not sure Jesus Christ and an alien are really different from each other....

August 9, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • TG

Amen brother.

August 9, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

Definitely big difference between an alien and Jesus Christ. Hawking says aliens probably exist. And unless your a brain dead, pudding head, mindless coward, you know that "magical" Jesus didn't exist.

August 10, 2011 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
    • brian

Gee,David,you must be the one who created the universe,'cause it sounds like you no everything that there is to no.Am I that wrong that I'm dead?No,you are.

August 10, 2011 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
    • stupid

Bad.engrish.make.point stupid. You should no thatby now

August 10, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
    • Rad

So David, if Jesus doesn't exist says who? Josephus ,a Roman historian, wrote about Jesus and did a short description of him? Do ghosts exist? Have you seen them? What does Hawking say about ghosts? Regard what Hawking says he doesn't know what he is talking about, yet he can have an opinion. Just because he is a very smart scientist does not make him an expert on everything. To give him that much credit you are a fool.

August 14, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Mary

He needs grown up... Why he married older Demi? She looks alike second Mother to you... He cant be free man because of old fashion Demi.. He is not good actor... Charlie is best...

August 9, 2011 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Demi Moore

Ashton changes my colostomy bag and brushes my dentures.

August 9, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  74. jujubeans

Let's discuss the pros and cons of demi's boob job

August 9, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Joey

Stevo you're a di(khead. shut up loser

August 9, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Stevo

kathy–you and I clicked submit at the same time...

August 9, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Stevo

Can I get a cup of whata, cuz I beez FIRSTY!!!

August 9, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  78. kathy

He is a nice young man even though he is married to Demi Moore who is his elderly mother.

August 9, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |