Anne Hathaway doubts she'd host Oscars again
August 9th, 2011

Anne Hathaway doubts she'd host Oscars again

Anne Hathaway has shown her range on film, starring in everything from Disney movies to smaller dramas, but when it comes to the Oscars the actress thinks she just doesn't have the skills.

Hathaway told CNN Monday that she doesn’t see herself hosting the Academy Awards again after her much-criticized appearance with James Franco at this year’s ceremony.

“Not that it wasn’t fun, I had a great time and it was an honor and it was lovely," the 28-year-old star said. "But, it’s something that…requires a skill set...I mean, I think the first time I didn’t put any pressure on myself to knock it out of the park with, you know, my hosting skills because how would I have any? I’ve never hosted anything.”

But, she goes on, "if I were to do it again there’s a lot of things that you have to put in place in order to deliver a really, really great, well crafted show that requires a lot of time and talent that I’m not entirely sure that I have.”

Fans anticipating “The Dark Knight Rises” are hoping that she’ll bring the talents she does have to the screen as Selina Kyle, although the still photo released last week has some skeptical about how her character is shaping up.

"What I am happy to say is, if you didn't like the photo, you only see about a 10th of what that suit can do," she told MTV News of reaction to the costume. "And if you did like the photo, you have excellent taste."

Hathaway's latest, the romantic drama "One Day," opens in theaters August 19.

Filed under: Anne Hathaway • Celebrities • movies

1. Mad

Appreciating the persistence you put into your site and in depth information you present. It's awesome to come across a blog every once in a while that isn't the same outdated rehashed material. Fantastic read! I've saved your site and I'm adding your RSS feeds to my Google account. Mad https://Google.com

April 2, 2013 at 12:33 am | Report abuse |
  2. breaking news

Thank you for every other informative blog. The place else could I am getting that type of info written in such an ideal method? I've a undertaking that I am simply now running on, and I've been at the look out for such info. breaking news http://cnn?84739

February 7, 2013 at 6:40 am | Report abuse |
  3. Joe

Franco and Hathaway made David Letterman's stint as host of the Oscars look good.

August 10, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. San Jose

@jmp– James Franco had to be stoned to be around her that long. I would, too... and I don't even smoke! Her nose was so brown while hosting: laughing at everything(even if it weren't a joke), acting like it was an HONOR to present/announce ANYONE(even if it was the "Twilight" cast), it drove me crazy. I usually enjoy watching the Oscars, even if I don't agree with the winners, but this year was AWFUL! Thank you, Anne for saving us all the misery of watching you host another time.
    *DISCLAIMER* I am not "jealous" of Anne... I am well aware she has more talent/fame/money than I will ever have. I just don't think she's made to host the Oscars.

August 10, 2011 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Vip

People have their limitations. I'm glad that she realized hers and did not continue to "embarass" (I did not watch the Oscars so, I wouldn't know) herself like *cough* (some people).

August 10, 2011 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MS

On behalf of Oscar viewers everywhere I thank you. Last years telecast was the worst in years.

August 9, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  7. tazer warrior princess

Probably not a bad idea...

August 9, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Myk

She looks like ELMO.

August 9, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. baez

Anne has nothing to apologize for, she tried her hardest to pull Franco together, if he had not acted like a spoiled
    brat and if he had done his best instead of griping about the situation ,it might not have been so painful. What was clear if not for Anne the show would have been even more unwatchable.

August 9, 2011 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Uncle Buck

Her cans are scrumptious!

August 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  11. San Jose

Good. I hope she never hosts anything ever again. She was awful at the Oscars... almost embarrassing to watch. Franco looked like he wanted to kill himself.

August 9, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • jmp

HA ! HA ! San Jose, you cant be serious. Franco was completely comatose at the Oscars, and he maintained a " deer in headlights " all night at the Oscars. The always stoned-looking Franco had the audacity to blame Anne Hathaway for making him look high.

August 9, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  12. kathy

Im sorry did i just talk out of my @ss? Tourettes. D@mn.

August 9, 2011 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  13. kathy

Get a life you cry baby idiot.

August 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  14. charlie crack

As for the Oscars........nah......she oughta just try hosting a party that jumps off first......all they got was a dull silence when they tried......people just talking to each other not even paying attention to em'

August 9, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  15. The Måd Råp3r

Im not buying her as Catwoman, maybe she'll prove me wrong though

August 9, 2011 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

Hey wiz....I'm confused.....is it Anne in the pic? Or that other girl they named? Both are fine......maybe she can do the part some justice if it is her..........

August 9, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Thirsty Turtle

@ Portalpunk It's hot in New Hampshire, I had the FIRSTY, and be standing to drink the LASTY. Now go back to bed, you have lots of beer to drink today! :>

August 9, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jab

She's right...she doesn't have the skills. Stick to acting

August 9, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  18. portalpunk

It's hot in Phoenix this morning, makes me FIRSTY!!!!!!

p.s. I love Anne Hathaway

August 9, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Humberto Gonzales

Senor, I do not understand this "firsty". Are you trying to compensate for having a small pena and tiny cajones?

August 9, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • RedTeam

Are you trying to rag on him like an American to compensate for your lack of a Green Card or Visa?

August 10, 2011 at 5:04 am | Report abuse |