Lady Gaga does drag for new cover art
August 8th, 2011

Lady Gaga does drag for new cover art

Beyoncé may have Sasha Fierce, but Lady Gaga takes the cake when it comes to musical alter egos.

The new single cover for “Yoü and I” has just been released, and it features “Jo Calderone,” Gaga’s male character. Posing in sideburns and angrily puffing a cigarette, the outrageous pop star looks totally different… even for her.

"You will never find what you are looking for in love, if you don't love yourself," she tweeted along with the gender-bending images.

Those who follow fashion may recognize Jo Calderone, a fictional Italian car mechanic, from photos taken by photographer Nick Knight in London last June. Gaga, 25, also dressed up as a man for the September 2010 issue of Vogue Hommes Japan.

The singer has promised to drop the much-anticipated video for "Yoü and I" in her 1000th Tweet.

1. Kim

All, I have to say is copy cat! So, Nick Cave......... But, that's okay. She's still working it.......

January 10, 2012 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Chopswell

She looks like a cross between Prince and Al Pacino in The Godfather! Pretty convincing getup!

August 29, 2011 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. tryecrot

August 26, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. mickey nucci

Lady gaga is a great artist you can't say she's a bad singer she's nice and everyone loves her she is not a man she's a women and I'm a ten year old and I think she's a great singer I've heard her live and thoose who say her voice is crap you've got to be crazy lady gaga if you read these I think your a greàt singer don't think your a bad singer your great and don't worri I'm a christion and I'm preying for u love mickey

August 22, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  5. mickey nucci

Lady gaga is a great artist you can't say she's a bad singer she's nice and everyone loves her she is not a man she's a women and I'm a ten year old and I think she's a great singer I've heard her live and thoose who say her voice is crap you've got to be crazy lady gaga if you read these I think your a greàt singer don't think your a bad singer your great and don't worri I'm preying for you love mickey

August 22, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jason

Jason hager

August 20, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Snarky

My god, can all the Gaga lovers stop trying to shield her like she's some newborn baby lamb. I swear it's like every negative word said against Gaga physically tears your flesh or something. I like certain artists, but I would never defend them in the sickeningly adoring way that Gaga fans do. Yeesh, I swear, Gaga's fans are easily 20X more annoying than Gaga herself is.

August 18, 2011 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • 13yrs wise

I'm not a FAN... but I'm fair... I'm 13 yet I have more common sense and more sense of what's fair... So tell me this, you don't like her, why'd you open this? I opened this because I'm impartial. So do us all a favor, stop responding to the blog. Complain to yourself or to somebody who gives a flying fig, and then... MOVE ON!!! Ever heard of poetic license? According to thefreedictionary.com, poetic license means: the liberty taken by an artist or writer in deviating from conventional form or fact to achieve a desired effect. When you complain like this, you further that, so get over yourself and move on?

August 18, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snarky

Why do people always ask that? You don't have to like a subject to read about it, and reading about it doesn't mean you like it. For example, many of us are just bored out of our skulls at work, and will click on any article that's new just because it's new. Does that mean I'm particularly interested in the story? No. Does my lack of interest mean I can't look at it? No.

August 18, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  8. 13yrs wise

Ok let's get one thing straight: I'm 13 but I can be just as big mouthed as any of you, so give me sass and you will get it right back. Ok, so I just don't get it. Why did you open this to read it if you knew you didn't like her? It makes no sense. Now Lady Gaga isn't my complete favorite. I like Edge of Glory & that's about it. But you know what, don't hang out here and on youtube & bash her because YOU have no life. That's not fair.

August 17, 2011 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. fran glass

she is absolutely lovely. :)

August 17, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. christina valerio

2 all ur hater out there.Lady GaGa has it n just the name along saids who n what she is.shess the Madonna of the 21st century.u keep doin what u doin lady gaga.i luv u n ur just wonderful.

August 15, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Norma0601

All the negative people a ridiculously annoying….. Gaga is just like a Maddona and Marilyn they have nooo fear and their amazing….. You all are just hating because shes rich off being her self and no fake… But what’s beautiful is that critics will always make the artist more famous…

WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH GAGA…. I’M A REAL DRAG KING AND I LOVE Gaga your incredibly stunning…..

August 15, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Norma0601

Beautiful....

August 15, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. h0m0.qt.piie

I love gaga and the art that she creates. Alot of ppl dnt like it bcuz they dont understand what shes trying to express and dnt want to tke the time to understand it. I feel she is in a category of her own, which is beyond what beyonce, katy perry, and rihanna have done. If most ppl took the time to read what shes saying in her lyrics, yu'd get it. this is way bigger than her dressing as a man a smoking a cigarette. She is reaching to alot of ppl that think and feel the things that she expresses bcuz they are are afraid to act upon bcuz of certain ppl and their ignorance. If yu feel shes a man then so b it...if yu feel shes a bad influence, dnt pay her any attention...but do knw that she is the voice a millions and shes not going anywhere. Shes talented and isnt just a studio singer like most of these artist yu listen to...shes her own person and like its said: ppl fear what they dnt understand. So instead of tearing someone down that has a voice, try seeing things from her perspective...or continue to think inside yur little box and let the artist do what she does best. :)

August 15, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  14. mary adams

She looks amazing! I love it!!

August 14, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  15. toby

I used to not like Gaga. I thought she was just a confused person who wanted attention. But I watch sytycd and she was a guest judge, and now I think she is for real. She has a beautiful voice and she seems to be a very intelligent and sweet person.

August 14, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Heather

Lady Gaga is talented, yes. But her antics are stupid. She needs to get over herself. My brother loves her. I don't. She is crazy and has no self-respect.

August 13, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mr. Pink

I do enjoy how all the little fanboys and fangirls just love everything this girl does. Once in a while you have to take a step back and see if what this person is doing is actually deserving of your praise or are you guilty of idol worship.

August 13, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  18. bob

Haha

August 12, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. gregor

Personally, I can't stand Gaga's music, but she does have talent. How does her adopting outrageous personnas differ from Bowie or Jagger or Tyler?

August 12, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  20. amy

mr. guy guy needs 2 just come out of the closet. no matter how many surgerys u get or implants u will always b a man. discusting makes me sick.

August 12, 2011 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
  21. allen

Omg. Not !!!____

August 12, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
  22. interesting

I am finding it i interesting how personal some of these comments get. Calling her a psycho or trash saying she should get hit by a bus. She is an entertainer like every other one out there and all the ones that came before her. If her music or outfits don't entertain you fine but to attack her or her fans personally is rediculous. If you don't like it move on don't spread hate for the fun of it. If you don't want your kids to be influenced by it teach them. It is just one entertainer and one person who most of you don't know so why waist your time being mean and hatefull.

August 11, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Samoa684

Holy moly!!! That's my cousin David right there.!!

August 11, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Bridget Grant

Male or female, Mother Monster is hot!! I'd date a lovely Lady Gaga; or a "studly" Jo Caldreone...

August 11, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  25. bigjoerocker

Looks like prince purple rain purple rain

August 11, 2011 at 12:12 am | Report abuse |
  26. Monster4life

I am sorry, I am a embarrasment to Lady Gaga, I like the cover and cannot wait for the video. "The Edge of Glory" is one of my favorites, so this next video will be a tough act to follow!!! I hope Lady Gaga shows up as Jo to the VMA's it would create quite a buzz, which ever road Lady Gaga takes at the 4 forks I hope she will remember that she can always count on me, because I love her and always will no matter what road she takes no matter what happens in her life no matter what man she meets in her life I hope that if she ever needed anything she can count on me. ( even though I do have a big mouth!!!)

August 10, 2011 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Ani

- agree w/the "voice" that said the first album rocked! Born this way seemed rush n less "nutured"

August 10, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  28. @Monster4Life

Really? All the replies and stupid posts just to say nothing? STFU you are a true f()ck!

August 10, 2011 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  29. Name*bob

She looks like Adam Goldberg!

August 10, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  30. myk

Some people try and compare her to madonna Wrong.. The difference is she writes her own music, play instruments and CAN SING.. Things that madonna couldn't do.. Madonna's back-up singers in her hay-day did all the singing..

August 9, 2011 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. izaelle

Lady Gaga , really knows how to keep her fans. She's not afraid of reaching the limits! Because in her world there isn't any!! She truly knows how to entertain! She is a pop singer. The Madonna of OUR time (mayb better). This woman will be @ in the industry for a while! That's assured. We all question the gender but who cares. She can truly. Blow you mind.

August 9, 2011 at 11:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. MYK

PAUSE

August 9, 2011 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. A

Wow. lot of different views. pin my oppinion she has talent. but thats the thing its my oppinion everyone has them just like everyone has an ass. stop fighting about it what does it matter? its not going to change who she is or what she does. this is just as bad as the stupid polotic rants.

August 9, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  34. con

I can't believe we all waste our time on this nonsense material, bickering back and forth. We should all do something positive to help humankind instead of rant about this nonsense.

August 9, 2011 at 10:26 pm | Report abuse |
  35. This space for rent.

This space intentionally left blank.

August 9, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  36. fair and unbalanced

Yes, I love her. Yes, she is a pop star icon. Yes, she is laughing all the way to the bank! Yes, she loves "the haters" for they keep her on everyone's lips.

August 9, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  37. where-yur-common sense

Well she diiiiid make a song called born this way "cough" just putting that out there..

August 9, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  38. NOGR8RH8R

Gee, I thought these were more pics of Samantha Ronson!

August 9, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  39. jeremy

I can not even tell that she is dressed in drag. that clownish creature is so funny!

August 9, 2011 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  40. RodBinNC

It's Prince!!!!

August 9, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  41. west

you guys are all ridiculous. i bet if anyone saw a picture of you or looked into your lives, they'd find something bad to say or they'd find a way to judge you. you have too much time on your hands if you say this much mean stuff about someone. all entertainers are different, you may like some and you may hate some but that doesn't give you the right to hate someone for who they are. find something better to do with your time.

August 9, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  42. BillyB39

That's not Lady Gaga, that's Adam Goldberg from 'Saving Private Ryan!'

August 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Pliny

I'm still waiting for her to show us some talent.

August 9, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Junkpile

Bunny swan says....." she looka like a man "

August 9, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  45. BG

She looks like Al Pacino's gay son.

August 9, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  46. Lyn

I do think that Lady Gaga is def an artist, great voice, and very talented. But, things like this show me that this is someone with too much time and money. I have never been able to understand why entertainers get paid millions of dollars and live lavish lifestyles akin to world rulers, when the average person who actually keeps the economy going live from paycheck to paycheck. What about civil servants or soldiers who daily risk their lives so entertainers and the like can live lavishly? I think the only entertainers who I admire is Jolie and Pitt, they put their whole lives into helping other people and charity, this is good. I just have never understood how entertainers can get 20 mil for acting like someone else? imbalance of our society for sure

August 9, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  47. Tina

Tony Montana's little brother is here from Cuba. Viva la differencia! Seriously, all Gaga needed was a wig and some side burns to look like a guy?

August 9, 2011 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  48. Kelly

i dont mind Lady Gaga's music but i am way over the nonsense. she's not some kind of genius. the people in charge of her said, "you aren't pretty, so we have to go with weird" and so she went with weird. personally i am bored of it. and coming from someone who started smoking because people i thought were cool smoked i don't think it's a good message for kids. yeah she isn't the kids' parents but she should be more responsible with her power to influence.

August 9, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  49. Right

It's actually less draggy looking than her usual look. Interesting.

August 9, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  50. moving on

Annie Lennox did this same thing 25 years ago! This is not new and radical!!!!!! It's called "copying".

August 9, 2011 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  51. TRad

It's Marketing 101 people. Seriously. It grabbed our attention long enough to read the article.... plus, she looks kinda hot as a dude ;o)

August 9, 2011 at 9:54 am | Report abuse |
  52. erich2112x

Punk.

August 9, 2011 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
  53. Joseph H

I beg to differ with the crusty old geezers lamenting on how in THEIR day "music was the focus" and "it was the music that mattered". In a word: bullcrap.

Let me just mention these artists: David Bowie. Queen. Led Zeppelin. KISS (ugh!). Elvis. Heck, Michael Jackson. The aforementioned Madonna and Prince. Need I go on?

Spectacle has ALWAYS mattered in music, fellas. You just don't enjoy Gaga's brand of showmanship. But the kids today do, which makes her totally relevant.

For the record, I never thought much of Gaga until I heard her sing LIVE during a radio interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_GMgkcc2KM. The kid can sing.

And by the way, I'm also a crusty old baby geezer.

Joseph

August 9, 2011 at 9:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Joseph H

Before anyone gets excited – I meant to type BABY BOOMER, then replaced it – or so I thought – with geezer. So the last sentence should read, "And by the way, I'm also a crusty old GEEZER".

Peace.

August 9, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  54. really

I thought he was in drag when he wore those stupid dresses

August 9, 2011 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  55. Jenni

I've always said she looks like a man.

August 9, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  56. Max44

I'm so sick of mediocrity being touted as genius simply because it's different and we are in an 'equality craze'. Everybody should be treated with equal dignity and respect but supporting an artist simply because they are 'different' (and not even that different, you cannot deny that Gaga bears a striking similarity to Madonna) is beyond foolish. She is laughing all the way to the bank.

August 9, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
    • iceandsnow3

I agree with you Max44. She may have a good singing voice and a hot little body but she's just another cut-out on the cookie cutter assembly line. Just once, why can't she wear "normal" clothes like a pair of jeans and a tee shirt, little or no make-up and no ridiculously large and awful looking wigs, and just hold a microphone and sing the damn song. Only then would you see if she was truly a star or not and not be distracted by her outlandish appearance. One day she'll look back at her image and be truly horrified........unless, of course, she's out of her mind.

August 9, 2011 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  57. ALC2000

Lady CACA is UGLY both as a male or female, or a drag, or whatever type of animal she might be.

August 9, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  58. YoYoYo

She looks like Steven VanZandt

August 9, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  59. Tez Howes

I think this whole article speaks to a sad commentary on the modern music business. I spent over 2 decades in it professionally, running music stores for 19 years, dee-jaying for 3, and for a short time, working for a major label. It was a time when the MUSIC was the focus. What the artist looked like, or did outside of his or her musical life, was completely irrelevant. Half the time, in the era before video, the band wasn't even pictured on the album cover. No-on knew or gave a rat's ass what they looked like. For a very simple reason. It was the music that mattered, not how they looked or what foolishness they exhibited outside their principal aim – to make music. Meat dresses and cross dressing – what in god's name do they have to do with music? As a self-styled musicologist, I personally find Gaga to be about as cutting edge as the bland and unimaginative name she chose to adopt, and as another poster mentioned, my best guess is that she will be a trivia question in 5 years. Having said that, each generation finds its own stars, and I'm okay with that. But I think this focus on the extra-musical elements of today's biz cheats its listeners by distracting them from a true appreciation of the music itself, and fosters 2 very sad precedents: 1. There's a wealth of wonderful music out there languishing because the artist isn't pretty or outrageous and 2. There's a lot of very mediocre music that DOES get attention only because they are. I've heard perhaps 1/2 dozen Gaga songs. There isn't a lick, melody, rhythm, production value or lyric that hasn't been done by a thousand other artists before her.

August 9, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
    • John

Tez: You have just summed this up in a true professional form and with dead on accuracy! Great work! I will add that I see local artist in original bands that have stronger written music than what GaGa pushes out. Actually, their music is stronger than a majority of what is pushed out by today's glorified Kareoke singers. I appreciate your insight. Thanks!

August 9, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  60. Made Lady

This gal is laughing at all the negative comments on her way to the bank.

August 9, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  61. Petes Pencils

Gaga is an artist and all good art is controversial therefore 'mission accomplished' by you all commenting you have all just officially made Lady Gaga one of the best damn artist that ever walked the earth. :/

August 9, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
    • årtist

of course she's an artist, she put a u with an umlaut to make it "yoü"...no manufactured artist here, nope, none whatsoever, just an original artist with deep meaning ...excuse me if i vomit

August 9, 2011 at 7:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Monster4life

@artist get of the booze pal your writing is starting to slur, go back to first grade and learn how to spell.

August 9, 2011 at 10:32 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Madonna

gaga needs to keep her gimmick talked about, otherwise how else is she going to herd all these sheep?

August 9, 2011 at 7:44 am | Report abuse |
  63. johnnyb

Looks like Johnathan Silverman

August 9, 2011 at 7:27 am | Report abuse |
  64. itsallgoodnroanoke,Ithink

GaGa is an entertainer. Fine and Well. Let's show us you are human and dress down for a change. Your outfits tells us that YOU ARE NOT HAPPY! Be NORMAL, We are tired of you dressing like a fool all the time. Wear clothes sometimes and be NORMAL> Fashion Police notice also and said "Enough is Enough already, Be Normal. Only a SAD FOOL dress like this EVERYDAY! Oh Please. Look at meeeeeee! Tired of the Fool's Act.

August 9, 2011 at 7:13 am | Report abuse |
    • H0m0fempiie

So my questions is: what is normal? Im tired of ppl saying y cant she b normal...but did it occur to yu tht this is "normal" to her...telling her to b "normal" (if there is such a thing) is pretty much telling her to stop being creative. Its not fair fr her to b judge bcuz she chooses to express who she is in various forms, fashion, and words. Shes an artist and being "normal" is what she expresses...being yourself is being "normal". We are all different and hve different ways of being "normal", but yu shouldnt judge ones character because yu dont understand their concept of "normal"

August 15, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  65. John

She resembles Prince, aka, the artist formerly known as Prince.

August 9, 2011 at 7:12 am | Report abuse |
  66. CoOkIe

I am a Lady Gaga fan for many reasons. First, I agree with some previous posts. Sure she does a lot of "shock and awe" but so did Madonna back in the 80's. Remember the crucifix scene in "Like a Prayer" that was controversial. Gaga reigns from NYC and was raised not to far where I grew up. I get her...she is trying to stand out in a sea of musicians that vie for everyone's attention. Second, I really think she is like Marilyn Manson that it's all an act. When not performing with her bizarre makeup, outfits, and theatrics, she is just another home girl and nothing out of the ordinary. Third, I do believe she really cares for those people who are different individually. I like this drag act..its just her pushing the limits again with her creativity. I love her songs and the lyrics. She won't last forever but I am enjoyng her while she is still out there. And by the way I am in my late 50's.....I love the 70's, 80's, 90's music but I love the new music and performances of a really creative artist like Lady Gaga.

August 9, 2011 at 6:30 am | Report abuse |
  67. DrMabuse

Who's Lady Goo Goo?

August 9, 2011 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
  68. Jake

Gaga dresses like a homeless man:

August 9, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  69. j0eschm0e

its the point "HE" is finally coming out

August 9, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  70. j0eschm0e

what would go good with that picture is a real black eye

August 9, 2011 at 2:15 am | Report abuse |
  71. JAMES

Hope this "phase" passes quickly. This is the kind of half baked crap (that i don't even want to use the label music for) that young adults in our country are listening to & we wonder why people can't think & reason anymore. L O L

don't have a problem with gaga herself. just the noise she produces & represents. & i'm a huge fan of most genres. this stuff just plain SUCKs

music should have meaning & a unique sound. also one artists songs shouldn't all sound ALIKE!!

August 9, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  72. Mark

heck, I thought Lady Gaga WAS a drag act! Only a guy dressed as a woman could be that flippin' ugly!

August 9, 2011 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  73. jess

rumors that gaga's a man? i'm so "out" of the scene & behind in everything & i've known this for years.

she's not exactly hiding it. or maybe some of you don't see well.

at any rate people are just people. let her live & jeez this is just for attention AS USUAL

August 9, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  74. John

Debbie: it does matter that she has no staying power and will be forgotten! It's like the dude from Rocky Horror Picture Show hooked up with Meatloaf and they had a child! Her music is recycled chords and lousy, meaningless lyrics! Basically, they just sit around and chop up the last song they made, to make up a new, yet re-used song. Even her melodies are the same! Listen to the bridge lead in to the chorus. Same crap! She is over-rated and does rely on shock value. Yet not original! She steals from the past to warp the present, yet will have no place in the future of music, unlike the people who's sound and "shock" values/creative ideas she steals! She will go away and quickly. Why, because she will be forgotten. Especially when all her little teeny bopping fans actually grow up and improve their taste in music. So long KaKa! Say hello to your dad for us! Tell him we loved Bat Out Of Hell! Great album!

August 9, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  75. dan

lady gaga is trash. hope she gets hit by a bus

August 9, 2011 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  76. msrust

Yawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnn! If your going to pretend to be a man at least look like one. 10pts to 25 year old LG......big fat goose egg to want-a-be stylist.

August 9, 2011 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  77. MN1113

HA! and here I thought the drag part would be GaG GA looking like a female!!! Ugh!

August 9, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  78. Sal

Gentleman Gaga?

August 9, 2011 at 12:17 am | Report abuse |
  79. Curty Curt

Andrea Dice Clay

August 9, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  80. Debbie

Seriously..she looks like Prince from the 80's! I am 40 and Lady Gaga has my attention. She is the most interesting and creative pop star around. She pushes the edges and has the talent to back it up. So what if we don't remember her in 5 or 10 years. That doesn't really matter. For right now, she is doing the most interesting stuff. She is more of a performance artist. Haven't seen that in a while. Comparatively speaking, more interesting and daring than Madonna or Cher ever were.

August 9, 2011 at 12:04 am | Report abuse |
  81. Droptheanvil

those of you may recognise this pose as that of the late serge gainsbourg, french poet and song writer, bravo GaGa for diping your artistic pen in the french ink... not a big fan of this track but i did buy the album and i must say, chapeau une merveilleuse performance encore une fois... from montreal with love

mr. e

August 8, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  82. lynn

redic

August 8, 2011 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Doctor Who

Finally, coming out of the closet to reveal yourrself as a man!!...we always knew you tucked it back and away....let it hang boy, let it hang...

August 8, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Flavio

She is just a girl who needs attention, like everyone else. She gets it with shock value and bad computer made music.
    Won't last long as an artist is my guess. Only the truly good singers and musicians last.

August 8, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Chris

That's awesome. A truly credible, convincing male look. Real enough to do what it's intended to do - make you think. It's not the hair or the clothes, or even the cigarette. It's the facial expressions, and that must take some talent and practice. She's so much more than a pop star. And if she weren't inciting this much scorn amongst the Philistines, she wouldn't be doing doing her job.

August 8, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  86. ken

Lady Germadonna has ripped off Bette Midle, Madonna, and now Annie Lennox. What's next, Sophie Tucker?

August 8, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
  87. AnnaS

*yawn* who cares.....

August 8, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  88. hh

love it!

August 8, 2011 at 9:38 pm | Report abuse |
  89. FredX

Jo, I have two words for you now that you're a man ... shoulder press.

August 8, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Angel

Dont be so full of your disgusting selves

August 8, 2011 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Angel

Whoever you perpr r be careful we will find you

August 8, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Tr1Xen

Shock value... The trouble is that the shock doesn't last long. Pretty soon, we all expect it from her and she'll have to become "normal" to shock us.

August 8, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  93. haha***

She always looks like a man just in less clothing.

August 8, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Dan

She looks a little Bob Dylanesque. God bless her. She must be racking her little brain trying to think of the next thing she can do that is "different" just for the sake of being different. Maybe she should do an informercial next like Cher did in the 90's. I truly do think she is talented in so many ways but she's trying so desperately hard to be "out there". Her insecurity is showing at every turn.

August 8, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • blah

Agree 100%. I thought she was a breath of fresh air during her Fame/Fame Monster era, she was fun and creative then, but now she's trying too desperately hard to be "daring" for the sake of being daring, not to mention she's trying too hard to be so pretentious it's obnoxious. I too think she's awfully talented but all the attention-wh*re antics is so distracting and ridiculous after awhile.

August 8, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Angel

Remember madame butterfly and that was real no acting bet cat has your tounge

August 8, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  96. NM

Ugh!

August 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Angel

This site is a privlage to communicate obviously if we are to be a free country and value our freedom then dont underestimate what changes that must be made in order to have a positive outcome ,as far as gaga being an interesting entertainer you obnockious hipocrits posting your opinions isnt it past your past your bedtime

August 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  98. am_badass_a_dor

Nothing original about this woman

August 8, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  99. coly

I was just thinking today that she hasn't done any self promotion lately. How wrong I was. When is she going to do something useful with her life and her millions. She's as bad as the Kardashians.

August 8, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  100. chucky

I can't tell the difference.

August 8, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Uh huh

She's doing a rather good Adam Goldberg there.

August 8, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  102. bobo

Can you call it "drag" if the girl already has a weiner?

August 8, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  103. you

shes ugly as a woman and a man.. who cares about her? Hey GAGA..your 15min are up...exit the stage please!

August 8, 2011 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  104. tjfresh

He's in drag every other day this is just the real him, Sir Gaga!

August 8, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  105. The Måd Råp3r

@yay!
    But i enjoy saying snarky things about Lady Alejandro, that just happens to be my hobby. Its not my fault she was born this way. And by this way I mean the way where she's got a giant disco-stick in her pants. She had the paparazzi who snappped a pic of it killed. Maybe I'm just a judas baby for saying she sounds like madonna.

August 8, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Amy

I think this person looks dirty, disgusting, and a little like Al Pacino, who isn't any of those things.

Not a fan, obviously.

August 8, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  107. chachaslide

what a badass! She looks banging and has the balls to make it!

August 8, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Maginot

She looks like French singer Serge Gainsbourg.

August 8, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  109. V

I see some negative comments here, what a bunch of haters. She is entertaining & obviously doing something right or you wouldnt even bother to comment. Shows that you either love her or you just love to hate her.

August 8, 2011 at 7:02 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Barneyjake

GaGa's whole "guy thing" really has a lot of you nervous. THAT'S funny.

August 8, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Fab

Love Gaga. People are always talking about her and in the music industry that is marvelous.

August 8, 2011 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • blah

In the music industry? It's a good thing for show business in general, and politics.

August 8, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  112. bribarian

her 15 minutes are up, the freakshow was entertaining for a little bit

August 8, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Newo

well...clearly Gaga does not wish to dispel any rumors that she's a man...

August 8, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  114. meow

Why does this woman always have to rely on shock value to be noticed? I'm tired of the shock value antics she does, it's just so pretentious and self-indulgent, all she does these days is pander instead of making better music that actually matches the fashion statements and theatrics.

August 8, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • windrider2

There IS no shock value to this cover. She first used this persona, Jo Calderone, over a year ago and all of her fans know who he is. As for making "better music", it's hard to imagine what would be better than all the record-breaking releases she's issued over the course of her short career. Born This Way is a brilliant record and selling very well, the singles get plenty of airplay, and the critics and her fans are happy with her.

August 8, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • meow

Born This Way is nowhere as brilliant as The Fame/Fame Monster, and anyone who thinks it is are just raving so much about it because it's Gaga and anything and everything she does is "brilliant." Even as a fan it's ok to admit that a current album isn't as good as the last, but i feel like all Gaga fans just think everything she does is brilliant just because it's Gaga. If she made a record of her farts all the fans will say she's daring, edgy, etc. Born This Way was just a rushed, overhyped, overrated, and less than superior effort. Just because it sold well doesn't say much about the QUALITY of the record, which was plain terrible.

August 8, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Qwertysaurus Rex

Methinks she has the penis

August 8, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Yay!

Here's a newsflash – there is always going to be someone who did something before. Christ. The 80's are over, there are new singers in the world. Get over it.

In other news... You and I is such a great song – so glad she's released it as a single!
    If you can listen to this song and still maintain that she is a no-talent then you are a complete idiot.
    Get over the hate. She's a great artist, and even the people who you rattle off as the ones she's "copying" love her, and think she's a great talent. So go find a hobby. If you don't like her, stop reading about her. No one forced you to click on the article link. Oh wait. That would mean having to get a life.

August 8, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • CA_Liberty

Nailed it "YAY!".

August 8, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

Agreed.

August 8, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • spacehippiecowboy

It's not a newsflash, so lay off the snarkiness. Thing is, this is all very interesting. The fact that Annie Lennox did this in the Who's That Girl video twenty+ years ago is significant when you point out that the meat dress is a throwback to a Hustler Magazine from 1978, her first look was classic Madonna, and her Mermaid in a Wheel Chair trick is classic Bette Midler. Gaga is good at what she does. I guess I would like her to do something original, rather than being a knock-off of Bette, Madonna, Annie, etc.

August 9, 2011 at 6:51 am | Report abuse |
    • 13yrs wise

@spacehippiecowboy I'm confused... Are you pro or against? It doesn't matter to me because I'm impartial, but I just don't know how to respond =D.

August 18, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Tazer

Holy balls, she looks much better as a dude. It might actually be proof positive it's a HE!

August 8, 2011 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  118. the_dude

This is the lady gag in how she was at birth before the operation and taping the sack down. Notice the adams apple?

August 8, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monster4life

"Sounds like you know a lot about what you are talking about, is this an expert talking,or is this what you have done to your self,

August 9, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  119. I hate gaga

i hate lady gaga she is a disgrace.

August 8, 2011 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

It's a disgrace that people like you take pleasure in spreading hate. If you hate her, then don't bother commenting on her articles.

August 8, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • 13yrs wise

@J thank you!!! When I wrote that somebody wrote that they were bored at work so naturally I told them to get back to work... And to be fair, I'm not a complete fan. I like one of her songs and I am trying to listen to her music before I make a decision...

August 18, 2011 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  120. caroline

she is not so original. Annie Lennox did it all before her, in the 1980's and better I might add.

August 8, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Goo goo gaga goo goo

That's exactly what I thought when I saw her...it was a copy of Lennox in "who's that girl" video. Lennox still has got it but I'm already over gaga...I like her "bad romance" song but everything else bores me.

August 8, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Rob

When your music is auto-tuned, computer generated crap I guess all you have to rely on is constantly trying to up the shock value.

August 8, 2011 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

I think you are talking about Katy Perry and the rest of the fake pop stars. hmm brittany spears. Maybe you should go to youtube since you like to waste your time on a person you hate and watch Gaga's videos from NYU. After that I would shut up if I were you.

August 8, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • TG

@rob nothing but the truth, brother. And J, her NYU garbage got her no where. that's why she had to resort to her Rob Zombie meets Barnum and Bailey persona.

August 8, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reality Check

@Rob, Id actually listen to her music before calling it autotune.. You and I is a ballad, and non of her album is autotuned... if you listen to her live performances, her vocals are spot on

August 9, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • News Flash

Reality Check? Auto tune is used in live performances all the time.

August 9, 2011 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  122. boo bear

Karate Kid on crystal

August 8, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • rick james

cocaine is one helluva drug.

And is it bad to think this look actually suits her? Like maybe she was 'born this way'? perhaps gaga is the dressup, and this is the real life.

August 9, 2011 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  123. Andulamb

What's with the f***ing umlaut? That's right, I have no other issue with Gaga. She can wear all the meat dresses she wants. But that umlaut is f***ing pretentious and pointless.

August 8, 2011 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Murray

Just a guess, but the umlaut makes the U look like two people joined at the bottom (the dots acting as little heads). If that's the case, at least it's there for a reason, unlike the ridiculous umlauts of the heavy metal era.

August 8, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • toüille

It's because her boyfriend's name is Lüc.

August 9, 2011 at 8:35 am | Report abuse |
  124. Tyler

Its official, mister gaga has a penis! Embrace the coming out party with open arms or else!

August 8, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Snarky

So THAT'S what happened to the artist formerly known as Prince. He's now known as Lady Gaga.

August 8, 2011 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  126. alecia

Lets see. A woman pretending to be a man...no a man pretending to be a woman pretending to be a man...huh? HELP!

August 8, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Evel Knievel

At least she's finally copping to being a dude.

August 8, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  128. JulieB

I love Gaga, but this is so not going to help her attractiveness quotient.

August 8, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Really?

If there's one thing we REALLY don't need in this day and age, it's someone the youngsters look up to promoting cigarette smoking. Idiot.

August 8, 2011 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • NMS

If theres one thing we REALLY dont need, its another parent expecting the media/celebrities to be the ones to set examples. Last time I checked, Gaga wasn't anyone's parent and shouldn't be responsible for anyones children

August 8, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rachel

You hit the nail on the head, NMS. Nothing but self righteous parents who think they know it all, and for every one.

August 8, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Raise your own kids

Oh please. Stop expecting celebrities to raise your kids.
      Stop being scared of reality. It isn't Lady Gaga who is going to persuade your kid to smoke. It is likely going to be their peers.
      It's YOUR job to talk to them about it.
      (I'm a mom, FYI)

August 8, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • R

Indeed, this would have to be far and away the greatest concern for society in this day and age. Really.

August 8, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • haha***

True

August 8, 2011 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • serafinowicz

The photos looks like the polar opposite of "promotion"...

August 8, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • lynn

wow.... Are you kidding me? She (gaga) needs a reality check and life is just the thing to do that. Hopefully she will find a more productive and a little less selfserving way to express herself and touch lives instead of feed her own ego. Time will humble her as it does us all and maybe the damage she does will help some of the people who seem to worship her see the shallow hollow outcome that is inevitable. Afterall one God and one way to real peace. Jesus. Fight it scoff at it. But truth remains truth and Gaga as all of us will someday bow.

August 8, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary Ann

I agree totally, posing with the cigarette just further proves what a dolt she is. C'mon people, why are you making this psycho rich? The only shock value outfit she should be wearing is a straightjacket. Period.

August 9, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
    • jezzy24

You people are ridiculous. And to say that she's "selfserving" and "feeding her own ego" shows that you know nothing about her at all. I've seen this chick leaving a TV studio and standing outside for 10 minutes taking pictures and signing autographs for all her fans. How many other celebrities will do that these days? She writes her own music, sings it, and plays her own instruments. These pictures are of her playing a character that happens to be smoking a cigarette. If you don't want your kids to listen to her, then why don't you take some responsibility and not let them?

August 9, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

I'm not a parent, I'm a former smoker (as of a little over a year ago, yay!). I know how hard it is to quit. And how easy it is to start. It doesn't MATTER what gets them started– the more bad influences, the greater the chances your kid will wind up being one of the one in three smokers who will die because of it. The non-smoking revolution needs all the help (and as little of this kind of crap) as it can get. I can't believe anyone– ESPECIALLY a parent–would defend it! Idiots.

August 10, 2011 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • 13yrs wise

A. Youngsters? Really? sorry, KIDS shouldn't be stereotyped as idolizing all celebrities.
      B. You're not a parent. You don't know these things. I'm 13. I don't want to be disrespectful, but it's true, and to be fair, I'm not in love with lady gaga by any means. I only like Edge of Glory. I don't like much of her other stuff.
      C. Congrats on quitting. That's great! But SMART kids would think this cover is artistic, not an invitation to start smoking.
      D. I think that calling people idiots is unfair. You are allowed your opinion we are allowed ours. & please don't clutter websites like this, facebook, twitter, and youtube with bad comments. You don't like it, don't watch it, don't read it, don't comment.

August 17, 2011 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Really?

Sigh. Ok extremely wise 13-year-old youngster. How many loved ones have you lost to smoking-related cancer? Maybe once a few of your closest friends or relatives drop dead, you'll get where I'm coming from. Anything that normalizes smoking and is consumed primarily by impressionable teens is BAD. Period.

August 24, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  130. bill

Why is Adam Goldberg in this photo?...

August 8, 2011 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  131. J

I think it's awesome! Go Gaga!

August 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

oh come on!! She could roll around in dog excrement and you'd say it was purer talent. You're a victim of hype!! wake up and think for yourself!!

August 9, 2011 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Monster4life

@me your a joke you do not know what hype is Gaga rocks!!!!!!

August 9, 2011 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  132. portalpunk

If I was smoking a cig like the guy in the picture, I'd sure be FIRSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 8, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

Gaga is so entertaining because she has no fear. While other pop stars only try to look hot, Gaga will try anything! Love the song, love the cover picture. Really interesting!

August 8, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trishalla

Hmmmmm..Wonder which look is drag

August 8, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • x

@ Tiffany- Gaga is no different than other artists, she IS trying to look hot, and trying too hard might I add. I'm just tired of people acting as if Gaga is so special when she's really no more daring or more "creative" than Keisha, Katy Perry, and Rhianna, they all do the same thing, relying on shock value over substance.

August 8, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • ghittsum

5 years from now, after her popularity dwindles, we will all look back and wonder why we wasted giving this troubled young woman any of our money and attention.

August 8, 2011 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • lynn

why do we give her so much attention ? she is redic !

August 8, 2011 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

I hear NATO is looking into her involvement in th UK riots . That looks like a picture they would post .

August 9, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
    • geewillikers

WHY?!?!?!?!? LMBO!!!!!

August 9, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Monster4life

@ghittsum well we no that Gaga will be a lot richer than you will ever be!!

August 9, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norma0601

All the negative people a ridiculously annoying..... Gaga is just like a Maddona and Marilyn they have nooo fear and their amazing..... You all are just hating because shes rich off being her self and no fake... But what's beautiful is that critics will always make the artist more famous...

@those who say their money is wasted then stop spending it if its a waste to you lmfao.....

WE LOVE YOU SO MUCH GAGA.... I'M A REAL DRAG KING AND I Gaga your incredibly stunning.....

August 15, 2011 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • bluemax

Gaga can take her self an go someplace else I don't like like her music I think she's A fly by nite artist and can't stand her again I hate her music...

August 18, 2011 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • 13yrs wise

@bluemax A. I'm not a crazed fan. I'm impartial & on the fence. B. Do you even know what fly by nite means? Isn't it like a company or person who is here one day and gone the next? Usually with your money. Lady Gaga's been here for a while, going strong, right? With the money of WILLING participants. Once again I'm not exactly a fan, I like maybe 2 songs so I don't really have an opinion yet. I think she's a little over the top. But then again, I'm 13 & I've always thought that wierd was good. I'm just stating facts. & lastly C. WHY don't you like her music? My dad has been telling me that it's ok to have an opinion as long as you can back it up & you are gracious when someone challenges your opinion. For example, I told my dad I didn't like Taylor Swift because all her songs strike me as boy crazy (remember I'm 13). So he went on youtube & showed me Miley Cyrus vids & said "What is that song about?" So I can accept your opinion if you can tell me why but I cannot accept unnecessary hate.

August 20, 2011 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Td

this is comical and I have to agree with Trishalla, lmao for real

August 22, 2011 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • td

Criticizing someone doesn't mean unnecessary hate. It means that you don't like them and do not care for them and I don't think your 13 but nice try. And an opinion is of everyone and for you to say you don't care for her but try to side with Lady Gaga is a double standard. She isn't the only person that have pushed the limitations on culture and on music. LOL uh MaDonna pushed the evelope so that Lady Gaga could exist or else she would be thrown out like an old shoe and the same thing goes for Beyonce as compared to Tina Turner and she acts like Pam Grier. You see it's one thing to create your own style and it's another to mimic talent. And there you have it. All music is going back to it's roots that's it. End of story.

August 22, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |