Kris Jenner's 1985 music video unearthed
August 8th, 2011

Kris Jenner's 1985 music video unearthed

We know it was the '80s, but even that can’t excuse this self-made music video.

“Mom-ager” Kris Jenner’s ode to her friends was posted on YouTube, and it’s comedy gold. From the cheesy lyrics (which Kris wrote herself, with credits also going to Kourtney, Kim and Khloe) to the OJ Simpson cameo, this is an amazing Kardashian relic.

In the video, Kris sings of her pals - her "joy and pride" - and gives shout-outs to their favorite activities, like carpooling, bible study, tennis and going to the Cheesecake Factory. The “Keeping Up with the Kardashians” star also gives a hint to her daughters’ future careers: “We’re gonna party ‘til we just can’t party no more!”

According to the YouTube description, “I Love My Friends” was a 30th birthday gift for Kris from then-husband Robert Kardashian, the late father of Kourtney, Kim, Khloe and Rob Kardashian.

1. Free FB Fans and Likes

I cherished as much as you will receive carried out proper here. The caricature is attractive, your authored material stylish. nonetheless, you command get got an shakiness over that you wish be turning in the following. in poor health indisputably come more in the past again as precisely the same nearly a lot incessantly within case you protect this increase.

September 17, 2012 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. fabrica hielo Madrid

I am extremely inspired together with your writing abilities and also with the layout on your blog. Is that this a paid topic or did you customize it your self? Either way keep up the nice quality writing, it is uncommon to see a great blog like this one nowadays..

April 9, 2012 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  3. Brandon T

A little autotune and a beat remix and hey, a hit! Sad, but probably true.

September 3, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. Danko Ramone

It's painfully sad the writer of the article did not think to mention how both the song and the video are based on Randy Newman's "I Love LA."

August 11, 2011 at 4:03 am | Report abuse |
  5. serious

This is like bad high school yearbook photo. I'm very embarrassed for her.

August 10, 2011 at 10:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • LigtenUp

Come on. Cut her some slack. This was the 80's, and it was completely acceptable to produce cheesy videos like this back then. Besides, this was a video strictly for her friends, and I think that is sweet.

August 31, 2011 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
  6. brad1001

She's pretty enough, but vocally awful. And really, who is responsible for that horrid music?

August 9, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. toxictown

From the awful "music" to the self-indulgant rich-b**ch vanity project...this is sucking so hard. Yet I can't...look...away...

August 9, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  8. sequin

Wasting my time. That woman has raised the most useless kids I've ever seen. In fact they're all useless.

August 9, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. pragmatist

For the next phase of America's space program, may I respectfully suggest putting the entire Kardashian/Jenner family on the first flight to Alpha Centauri with no radio communication equipment and no mirrors. Happily, I'll be DEAD by the time they arrive, and in the meantime, the Earth will have been saved from their offspring (more narcissists). Of course, with my luck, Ryan Seacrest will insist on creating a new television series "Keeping (fed) up with the Flying Kardashians", and we'll be forced to endure even more of their useless blather – – not only from the empty space between their ears, but this time from outer space, too.

August 9, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Grace S

LOL, that was better than a lot of crap that's out there today!

August 9, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  11. lakesfan

Didn't think it could ever happen but that video is even more nauseating than Rebecca Blacks insipid "Friday" song/video.

August 9, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ga Peach

sorry "famous for being famous"...I really have to cut down y fingernails!!!

August 9, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ga Peach

Ohh what a reality show can do! These people can't act, sing, etc.but aremaous for being famous!!!
    Too bad about the shot of OJ and Nicole; makes you remember what happened to her. But they were a good-looking couple in 1985. I am one of the 1% that was never convinced of OJ's guilt. OK beat me up but there it is!!

August 9, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mad Bitz

In a time where our country is going homeless, jobless, and hungry,why are these bling bling ppl rubbing our noses in their lives CONSTANTLY! I mean really. Limo's and fancy dinners,parties, and drinking til all hours of the morning. We keep making them more famous /richer with every magazine we buy,news channels splatter them all up on their websites to boost their ratings. Enough is enough already. What they blow on clothes in a week would feed a poor family for a month or more. Lavish,or just plain greedy at our expense. If I had a magic lamp and could wish something for them,it would be for them to humble themselves and apologize to the world for their unmindful behaviors then go home and live like the rest of us do...

August 9, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Deadmanwalking48

she looks as talentless and stupid as her daughters and her dimwitt husband do! she's truly a legend in her own mind!
    if hitler were a mother,he'd have her personality!

August 9, 2011 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  16. citizenUSA

The only redeeming qualities of this video are the "boob" shots. Otherwise I have the shovel to bury it again.

August 9, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Live and let live

Wow, I don't know why I'm surprised anymore- it never fails – all of the hateful remarks born out of insecurities come out of people when they can remain anonymous. People, this was just a home video made for her friends. Haters, get over yourselves.

August 9, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • citizenUSA

Since this was made for her friends why should everyone else have to suffer it's existance? And yes, I watched 10 seconds of it out of curiosity.

August 9, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • LL

AMEN! They act like she was trying to have a music career. She's having fun! Can she sing? NO! So WHAT??? It's cute funny video, not meant for MTV.

August 9, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  18. RodBinNC

And she is important because she have daughters who are fame wh.ores and just who.res in gerneral?

August 9, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Nighmares Forever

I'll have nighmares forever, and now we can clearly understand where her kids inherited their lack of talent. They've already sold their souls to the devil. Quit covering these nobodys.

August 9, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Mom of 2

That will leave me with nightmares for years to come!!! Sheesh!

August 9, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  21. wow..

that has to be one of the worst things I've ever heard in my life.

August 9, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  22. Conrad Shull

Music by Randy Newman? That's what the credits said.

August 9, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Wow

Um, look up Randy Newman's "I Love L.A.," which was a major hit at the time. You must be under 20.

August 9, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. lisa

That was just awful.....beyond awful actually. My ears bled...

August 9, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  24. James C.

And people wonder why this country is in such bad shape.

People like this idiot and those of her ilk are so materialistic and stuck on themselves. They could die tomorrow and nobody would care!

Who really cares about them except other people just like them?

August 9, 2011 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  25. sly

Thought it was fun (especially for the time). I'm sure she didn't to it with the intention of there someday being YouTube and everyone being able to criticize her for making a quirky video for her husband. Such a negative place we are living in today...

August 9, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  26. E

I think we just saw history in the making. The moment when Kris Kardashian Jenner realized she was going to have to pimp her kids to get famous.

August 9, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  27. Mitch

At 1:19 you can see the guy filming in the mirror. Excellent production quality.

August 9, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  28. Kay

At least we know where rebecca blcak got it from.

August 9, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  29. Junno

Fun Fun Fun Fun Fun

August 9, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  30. Jerome the Gnome

Wow! This is great! They should have released this years ago! The kardashians would have been way more popular!

August 9, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  31. Jim

OMG.. I thought this was the new rebbbeca black video!!!

August 9, 2011 at 9:58 am | Report abuse |
  32. None

That was rough to watch, but seeing OJ at 2:30 made it worth it.

August 9, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  33. Rob

RE-EARTH!

August 9, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  34. frankoe

Trendy people ALWAYS look ridiculous 25 years later..... People say "Well it was the 80's" Well no, even in the 80's we the normal people recognized that trendy people looked ridiculous even then. Just wait to see what the Kardashians look like 25 years from now..........

August 9, 2011 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  35. Andrew

When hell opens up to swallow the earth this will be the theme song as you enter the brimstone smoldering pit!!!!

August 9, 2011 at 8:58 am | Report abuse |
  36. Rolyat

She looks like she's been getting some five & dime store plastic surgery on her face. Another one that can't age gracefully.

August 9, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  37. miller cheeks

total babe.
    "theres nothin like em NOWHERE"..../baahaahhaahahahahah kris goes demonic. lets go to valentino and then church on sunday..... please.?

i love her. (i already know she loves me)

August 9, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  38. Seriously?

For those who saw the OJ picture, you should also note the Kris Jenner's video also showed a picture of Nicole Brown as on the friends "she loves"... then her former husband and Kim Kardashian's father join OJ Simpson's Defense Team, and helped him get away with killing Nicole. I guess she only loves the living friends.....

August 9, 2011 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  39. SmarterthanU

'Now I'm 30. Running on a tread mill with baggy underwear' – vomit!

August 9, 2011 at 7:26 am | Report abuse |
  40. Bob

I will never look at this women the same way again.

August 9, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  41. Mitz

This is atrocious. Can't believe they felt the need to "unearthed" that video. These people will stop at nothing to keep their 15 minutes of fame turning.

August 9, 2011 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  42. HolyCrap

Did anyone else notice that Nicole Brown Simpson was at 1:51? Ironic, given that Kris' husband ended up on the legal team that acquited her murderer...

August 9, 2011 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  43. Rachel

Gawd, she is pathetic.

August 9, 2011 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
  44. Annie

It's a cute home video, ridiculously real....

August 9, 2011 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  45. scambi

1st generation Rebecca Black

August 9, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  46. alecia

sorry, I just vomited a little in my mouth! Im sure they are perfectly nice but they are all a few fries short of a Happy Meal and just too much fun to make fun of!

August 9, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

You're a trip girl.......I want a happy meal.........man........OJ DIDNT DO IT!!!!!! lol.........be good

August 9, 2011 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Ava Aston's Muckery

All of the sudden Rebecca Black loves like a musical prodigy.

August 8, 2011 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Kelly

Kris should get down on Friday, Friday, she's gotta get down on Friday!
    Maybe she should manage Rebecca Black.

August 8, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Dave

The video is based on "I Love L.A." by Randy Newman.

August 8, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  50. tina

i think we owe rebecca black an apology.

August 8, 2011 at 10:19 pm | Report abuse |
  51. creepie

Before she was a control freak

August 8, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Laura

My favorite part is OJ Simpson.

August 8, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Public Enemy Number 2

If I were Randy Newman, I'd sue for damages to my reputation.

August 8, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Fred

"Unearthed" in poor taste considering the Nicole Brown Simpson and OJ parts.

August 8, 2011 at 9:21 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Dan

That was really really disturbing. I wish I could at least say it was funny.

August 8, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  56. johnbt

Who is she? Who is Kardashian?

August 8, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Linda Alesport

Check it out at 1:52. Great shot of OJ and Nicole Brown with the lovely Kardashian couple. Amazing.

August 8, 2011 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Jeff

milf

August 8, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • InLoveWithKris

I agree. I don't care what anyone else says. I think she was a pretty younger woman and is now a beautiful older woman. IMHO, she's a hottie.

August 31, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Camy

That was painful to watch....but i made it to the end and now i feel so dirty!!!!

August 8, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • PFK

I feel the same way. It's the proverbial car accident. I couldn't stop watching.

August 10, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  60. alexandra

GOD is she dreadful!

August 8, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Si

OJ Simpson at 1:52

August 8, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • bewitched

actually 1:50, notice you cannot pause on the pic or even rewind to it, it's like it's cut out or something

August 8, 2011 at 11:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • bewitched

nevermind, I should check more closely before posting, alot of the pics you cannot pause on or rewind to and I am not correct about the time. disregard previous reply.

August 8, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Reader

He does show at 1:52 – I could pause and rewind – OJ, Nicole, Kris and Robert – too bad Kim thought this was worth putting out there unless she was out to shame her mother.....now there are 2 in the 'can't carry a tune' bucket: Kris and Rebecca Black.....but that's another story...making an attempt to sing thru her nose and sounding like nails on a chalk board....BOTH OF THEM

August 9, 2011 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  62. jean cavanaugh

Shoot her and put her out of her misery. She still has as much talent as she did in the 80's///NOT. I think her 15 minutes of fame were over then...

August 8, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  63. RichG

This makes me like Rebecca Black now.

August 8, 2011 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Haroldwolf

Her first husband died a terrible death as reward for helping to get O.J. off his murder charge. Great role model for a wife and kids.

August 8, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Mr.BD

A lot of people don't like her, but she was HOT then and she's still HOT now!

August 8, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Andulamb

Must be nice to be privileged and aimless.

August 8, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Deborah I.

She may love her friends, but I don't love or like this video.

August 8, 2011 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  68. cwilliams

Wow this is lame and brutal to watch

August 8, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Melodic

She sounds like Kesha.

August 8, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Hater

It's too bad she couldn't crash and burn over a cliff while singing and not keeping her eyes on the road while driving in CALIFORNIA of all places...oh wait, I'm sure her husband could have gotten her off. Kardashians suck 4ever!!! lol

August 8, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  71. The Måd Råp3r

Needs a dubstep remix.

August 8, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nodo

OMG!!! Did you happen to notice the picture with O.J. Simpson????? OH my!

August 9, 2011 at 7:02 am | Report abuse |
    • cosmo4654

Yep – a picture of O.J.....didn't you know her previous husband was Robert Kardashian...a really good buddy of O.J.s.

P.S. Kardashian's blow.

August 9, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

Not only a PICTURE of OJ, but video of him actually saying "She loves you" like all the other tools in the video

August 9, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
    • honest random

There's also a picture of Nicole Brown Simpson at about 1:51. So sad when you think about what happened to her later in life.

August 9, 2011 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Didn't notice OJ until Si pointed it out farther down.

August 9, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • smartgirl06

She had privilege and chose a great husband. She then had a great life and great friends. I think any husband who would do this for his wife is very sweet and shows what a great love he had for her. Kris Jenner has the love of her kids and a great many friends. She leads a great life and I would be her friend any day. The only thing that is sad is how her kids treat her with no respect because she and Bruce don't draw the solid lines and enforce their meaning so their kids love their parents absolutely, but they get away with being creepy to them especially Khloe and Kourtney, who show the younger ones what to laugh at. If Mr. Kardashian were still here those kids wouldn't even THINK about using the HORRIBLE language they do. His loss is seen all over his son Rob, who has no course for life. He doesn't know what to do with himself with so many sisters getting so much attention and his behaviour is at times atrocious. He really suffers from having no male role model, his father. But as far as this video, I think it is really sweet–if you think of your mom's having fun like this and having a supportive father who cared about her the way he so obviously did. And yes, I know they got divorced. And I feel very sorry for what he went through and what his kids have gone through since with his passing. I wish he were still here, it's too much for a family to go through life without their father and it shows in his kids behaviours–which shows their sarcasm and boundary-less-ness where their father wouldn't have permitted any of that. But again, it is in my opinion from a lot of feelings attached to the divorce and later death of their father, I just wish Kris would draw a line for her kids' own good so they would show the respect toward her she deserves simply by virtue of her being their mother. Cute video

August 9, 2011 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |