ABC confirms 'Desperate Housewives' to end
August 8th, 2011

ABC confirms 'Desperate Housewives' to end

Things will be wrapping up soon for the women of Wisteria Lane.

Paul Lee, president of ABC Entertainment Group, said Sunday during the Television Critics Association's summer press tour that "Desperate Housewives" will be ending in May after an eight season run.

"It is an iconic show," Lee said. "We are so proud of it."

The show's creator, Marc Cherry, said the ending would be bittersweet.

"So I think the only thing harder than creating a hit show is knowing when to end it, especially when you've got, I think, one of the most amazing casts in the history of television, who continue to deliver amazing performances week after week," Cherry said.

Cherry praised the show's crew and writers and said he had been talking to the actors about the waning months left and how they should enjoy it. He said it was important to him that the series go out on top.

"I wanted to go out while the network still saw us as a viable show, while we were still doing well in the ratings, and we were still a force to be contended with," Cherry said. "I wanted to kind of go out in the classiest way possible."

1. house cleaning

Hello there, just become alert to your weblog thru Google, and located that it is really informative. I am going to be careful for brussels. I'll be grateful for those who continue this in future. Lots of folks can be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

May 25, 2012 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  2. Country Music

Pretty element of content. I simply stumbled upon your site and in accession capital to claim that I get in fact enjoyed account your blog posts. Any way I will be subscribing on your augment and even I fulfillment you get admission to constantly fast.

May 12, 2012 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Jeff

To all the people who are SO excited about the show ending – All you had to do is not watch it and all would have been well. GROW UP!

August 10, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jeff

I love hot dogs!

August 10, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Les

I'm just wondering why I keep reading comments that talk about reality shows. I agree...definitely NOT a reality show fan, but people, this is not a reality show. It's real actors with a script.

August 10, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. rustyrost

I enjoy watching the show and EVA is my favorite character. I don't understand why they are ending the show so soon? I think its a very popular show with good ratings. Don't they always end shows with poor rating and making zero money? May be they just can't afford the cast anymore. Not cool ABC/Disney.

August 9, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. barbara

Loved, loved, LOVED this show! Always like the quirky plot lines and twists.

August 9, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mark

My wife loves the show ...but as the Fonze says I believe it has jumped the shark

August 9, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Bruce

We've lost "Friday Night Lights", "Chicago Code" and now "Desperate Housewives", all favorites of mine and, no doubt, to be replaced by "Makes This Dog Crap". I'm not looking for "Father Knows Best" or "Bonanza", but give us some decent TV instead of all this reality garbage.

August 9, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. Jdubz

Now all I need is a time machine to go back to 2004 when I cared about this show

August 8, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  11. The Fury

This show was still on?

August 8, 2011 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Barb

One less classless show. Yea!

August 8, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Carol

Finally!

August 8, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Time Bomb

Oh, thanks goodness! Best news I have heard in weeks. It really is time for a change on ABC's Sunday lineup.

August 8, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Fritz

Good, end this tripe. For too long have TV networks glorified these preening, petty, selfish, mean spirited anti-intellectuals as 'women' worth admiring; last I remembered, the good women of history are remembered for their contributions in shaping society, not how many skeletons they could cram in their walk-in closets.

August 8, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  16. arto Tavukciyan

Forget the downgrade and the loss of the Seals now THIS is News.

August 8, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Me

Now they become desperate unemployed actors?

August 8, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

Yes....unfortunately like all the other great actors, who worked years to "hone" their skill....that are being replaced by stupid "reality actors" that all stink from "here to high heaven"...

August 8, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Cuteboi

You know they can't compete with TruBlood or Drop Dead Diva on Sunday night

August 8, 2011 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Don

Thank God its over! One of the worst shows ever to be on night-time tv will be gone.... I cant wait.

August 8, 2011 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Hoofleau

Yea! This show was a waste of air time. It catered to the stupid minded.

August 8, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canadas

"It catered to the stupid minded" And to whom, do you think "reality t.v." caters to....obviously you are probably one of them.

August 8, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Bob

I love this show. Everyone has likes and dislikes. but it was a great show, with ppl you can relate too!

August 8, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Mary Mo

I miss Rex and I heard they were going to bring back all of Bree's men for a final thing... I hope they bring him back, too. Loved them.

August 8, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Pimpson

This show is still on the air? I thought it was canceled like 5 years ago

August 8, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  24. JJ

Best news I have heard in a long time ! YEAH!!!!

August 8, 2011 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Cheryl

I will miss Lynette. Felicity Huffman played that role so well. I'd like writers to develop something just for style of her wit and delivery for another show. I think she's genius.

August 8, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Raine

I was a fan for a long while...a way to pass the night watching a "fantasy" show about these women's misadventures etc. I did loose interest once the show jumped ahead..i.e. "Gabby" have to daughters after being told she'd never have children, the plane crash- etc....it waws like when Dallas brought "Bobby" back from the dead & the show continued or "Miss Ellie" was replaced by Donna Reed.....HUH???? It all began to go downhill fm there.
    I will still miss it however....now what to watch on Sunday night....Housewives of New Jersey....think I'll pass....these broads are nasty.

August 8, 2011 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Zara

OH TAHNK GOD! It's about time they take this show off!

August 8, 2011 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  28. phoenix

the second greatest show of all tme after the ed sullivan show, how sweet it is.

August 8, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  29. theAntiELVIS

All they need to do to keep it on the air is turn some of the characters into vampires....

August 8, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Shark

And when they were tired of jumping me, they threw me away like an old scrod.

August 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  31. harbharb

These actresses still look great.
    It's the show that got old.
    Too catty. Too silly.

August 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Sam

well...this is one of those shows I watched from the very first episode...I am OK if it ended...because there is only so much of who is sleeping with who – I can take....and all the dark comedy....

August 8, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Pitt Cairn

I lost my job 3+ years ago, we had to declare bankruptcy, and we may lose our home. My wife is a REAL desperate housewife. The TV show was garbage, IMHO, even though I never watched a single minute of it. I'm too busy looking for work.

August 8, 2011 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Shark

They jumped over me with a motorcycle, over and over.

August 8, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Kris

I love this show, but this is why I watch TNT or USA there programs are great and its not over ran by reality tv.......

August 8, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  36. mark in nyc

what took so long?

August 8, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  37. NYC Chic

Thank goodness! This show should have been off the air after the first season. Its such a trashy show and will not be missed!

August 8, 2011 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  38. The Honest Truth

Honestly, this is so long overdue. The show had drastically changed from being a good show to being awful. The writing was horrible, there was never any plot with substance, the writers were burn-out, the characters were made to appear too stupid with numerous small unreal story lines that lead to no where, and most of all - ALL creativity had vanished. It's time to go.

So I say, thanks for the early years and I'm glad to see the show end.

Truth be told

August 8, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

Oh yeah.....and I'm sure reality t.v. has tons of creativity, which I'm sure is what will replace Desperate Housewives.

August 8, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • moribundman

I see you followed this terrible show all this time with great interest. Good for you! :-P

August 8, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Gary - Denver

Who knew?

August 8, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Merrin of Giles

Good. It's about time this worthless trash went off the air. Just another soap opera, and a bad one at that. Too bad there is no original programming anymore. Reality shows take up valuable air time that could be used with something more meaningful. 99% of all programming is all garbage now.

August 8, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pitt Cairn

Good writing means you have to pay somebody. These shows are cheap to produce in all ways – production, casting, writing. As Fred Allen said "Television is called a medium, because it's rare to find anything well done".

August 8, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  41. gecko

GOOD one less fake tv show off the air. Reality show my #$@! All these scripted shows are so fake, they're not even entertaining.

August 8, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Shark

When they were done with the pool boy, they jumped me. And they jumped me so many times that it's become one big pink blur. Over and over.

August 8, 2011 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Rad

Are you serious?! First you take away Brothers & Sisters, now this??! Why don't you cancel other stupid shows like The Bachelor/Bachelorette??!

August 8, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

I so agree with you....I love this show. If uneducated idiots didn't watch reality t.v., they would have to remove those stupid shows and start paying actual "actors" to star in scripted television shows. The dumbing down of America and of Canada, for that matter....these so called reality personalities get paid big bucks for gracing the cover of magazines and giving interviews, etc. No wonder everyone wants to be on a reality show!

August 8, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Elvis

TV is awful today. This show was boring and silly from the onset.

August 8, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Robin

I have never watched it. Glad it's being cut from the line up. There is nothing worth watching period! This is not promoting anything but maybe a cosmetic line or plastic surgery. Looks like each one of them has been worked on in some way. Bunch of fake women!

August 8, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

How is it possible to make a statement about the quality of the show when YOU HAVE NEVER SEEN IT! Yes, the show has gone down hill, but it's completely an uneducated assessment. Shame on you.

August 8, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

If you've never watched it....then, why are you glad it's being cut from the line-up?

August 8, 2011 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robin

In reply to Mark. I have to confess. I also thought the article was about "The Real Housewives..." of which I have never seen and do NOT want to.

August 8, 2011 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Shark

They jumped me so many times. Over and over.

August 8, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Dana

I LOVE this show, even though it jumped the shark after the awful second season (but has improved somewhat since "the boy in the basement" storyline (ugh!). The show should end because the aging actresses cannot keep up the skinny figures and "necessary" cosmetic procedures that shallow American TV watchers demand of women stars. Eventually the wrinkles will be even harder to Botox or conceal and the pressures to not eat will lead to "unattractive" frailty. It's best to go out while the actresses can "be" their characters without looking ridiculous.

August 8, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Shark

They jumped me.

August 8, 2011 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Baron von Frootloop

There IS a God after all! Praise to Heaven!

August 8, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  50. J0nx

What the? I thought this show as canceled like 3 years ago?

August 8, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. J

I guess they are no longer desperate?

August 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  52. ang

this show is so far fetched..its not even entertaining anymore its just rediculous

August 8, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

How come nobody on these blogs knows how to spell ridiculous?

August 8, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Baron von Frootloop

That's a redunculus theory.

August 8, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

Oh....and reality t.v. isn't "far fetched"? Unbelievable, what people today consider entertainment.

August 8, 2011 at 4:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Baron von Frootloop

It's reddiculos what some people consider ridiculaus..

August 8, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  53. blake

Glad to hear it. It was time to take out the trash.

August 8, 2011 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  54. roddy

With my pants down I religiously watch this show for the first 10 minutes.

August 8, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  55. jujubeans

Too bad. Teri Hatcher has done it for me since Lois and Clark.

August 8, 2011 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  56. mb2010a

Thank God...this show was awful. Look at the picture above the article...how many "housewives" do you know that look like these women or even act the way they do. Totally unrealistic...

August 8, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

Idiot.....it was totally "unrealistic", because it wasn't reality t.v. (which is probably all you watch)...it was scripted television, which is the best kind of t.v. and which is slowly disappearing!

August 8, 2011 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Stef

I will miss Felicity Huffman the most. She plays the hell out of her role. SUPER SAD FACE

August 8, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grammer King

Just because you're not smart enough to find an icon doesn't mean you should just type it out in bold letters. GIANT MIDDLE FINGER.

August 8, 2011 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  58. C. Miller

The real question is...who knew this was still on? This show was popular 3-4 years back and was and is horrible. Nothign redeeming. Good riddance. Noone cares./

August 8, 2011 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Dan Bednarik

Thank God.. A true testimony to no talent and no brains.

August 8, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Chuck

Stopped watching when Gabby stopped bangin the lawn boy.

August 8, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  61. dawn

this was the best show ever

August 8, 2011 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Marius

Ahh, now I'll have to find another show not to care about.

August 8, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  63. skivt

Nasty woman, could you imagine being married to such nasty b*t*h*s?

August 8, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

Oh duh.....this is scripted t.v....probably not the reality t.v. you watch. So, of course, you think their characters are real. If you are a male, only in your dreams would you be married to a woman that looked like any of them....

August 8, 2011 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Really!!!!???

I enjoyed this show, but it's time to go! I used to be glued to the tv every Sunday in anticipation of each show; now? I just don't watch it anymore. I will tune in for the finale though.

August 8, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  65. green acres

AND REALITY TV WINS AGAIN! YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! Soon, there won't be many drama series left!
    They'll slip in another Reality series I bet – But please, take away LOST – like FOREVER already...

Vanessa Williams enhanced the show lots and was glad ABC took a risk to add a person of color – besides Eva...
    She rocked it, as usual... Hope it wasn't the kiss of cancellation by adding her that did this show in... hmmmm?

August 8, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  66. RedWings

So sad we didnt get to see the out-takes of the girls scissoring and licking one another.

August 8, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Claxton

From what I saw of "Desperate Housewives", it wasn't a bad show. But for a dramady, which I believe this is classified as, eight years is a respectable run and, in all seriousness, should be the upper limit on anything less than the most exceptional dramatic programs. Few programs have long-term staying power to get them beyond five years, and fewer still can get beyond ten. So Marc Cherry and his cadre of actors have done very well. There's no shame in pulling the cord now.

August 8, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

@ Claxton: " Few programs have long-term staying power to get them beyond five years".....if that's the case, then why have some reality shows, which are crap as far as I'm concerned, been on for 8-10 years....."bachelor" and "bacherlorette" being two of them....I hate this reality t.v. with a passion!!! No wonder everyone wants to be a star. It seems very easy to get a t.v. show nowadays.

August 8, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Sara

I will miss it :( :( :( !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is my all-time favorite show. They could have done a few more seasons at least!

August 8, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Anita

Oh thank God it's finally over!! I watched it for the first few seasons but then it really lost it's appeal and got stale. In my opinion, it's stayed on a few seasons too long.

August 8, 2011 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  70. kathy ob

very disappointing news. this has been my favorite of all tv programs. i just love it, very funny, sad, with many unexpected turns. interesting characters. the perfect ingredients for a top notch show.

August 8, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Faith

Oh yipee! Now another time slot for more stupid reality shows!! Why stop something that works???? Makes no sense to me... but we have seen other shows just as good come and go.

August 8, 2011 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  72. bwin

Old, tired, not diverse. Get rid of it.

August 8, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Beautiful Vixen

Love the show but I do think it's time to end it. I hope they replace it with another good show though. Hey Peace, they seems to be taking away all the shows that you like.

August 8, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

How much would you like to bet, it'll be replaced, with not another scripted show, but with some reality crap that we subjected to almost every night of the week.

August 8, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  74. LW

I love this show, but it probably is time to go....and leave on a high note. Sad part is they will probably replace it with another stupid reality show. Housewives and Brothers & Sisters were great Sunday night TV – too bad ABC.

August 8, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

LW you're exatly right with your comment about reality shows taking over..... KIngs & Merlin were two great showsthat came on Sundays only to be replaced by a stupid reality show like the Bachelor/ette!

August 8, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  75. RabiaDiluvio

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!! About time.

August 8, 2011 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Rob

Shallow, vain, whatever...

August 8, 2011 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  77. nrg

they can go act in a show about nursing home patients

August 8, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Boss

The actresses are old and fat. Show was terrible.

August 8, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Gary S.

It's about time. My only worry is that the unemployed Botox Queens will end up on other shows the would otherwise be entertaining.

August 8, 2011 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

You're kidding, I hope......I would rather see them on another scripted series than all the reality crap we now are subjected to!

August 8, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Still Standing

I loved this show, but the past couple of years some of the story lines were just ridiculous. The end should have been last year, but I'm still going to miss it. The ladies are a refreshing change from a lot of the crap that we have to chose from.

August 8, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Bru

Now what will all of the women who fantasize about being like these women do???? Please, this show is just the worst ever. Not very realistic. Not one of these women stay in the kitchen.

August 8, 2011 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Guest

@Bru...REAL women of today don't "stay in the kitchen" either. They work, have families, and still get the chores around the house done. Come into the 21st Century. I'm not a fan of the show, but your comment is ridiculous.

August 8, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • debbie

Gues – you are just stupid. Get a sense of humor.

August 8, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |

You're pathetic!

August 8, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alletis

I don't watch TV for reality. There are enough news channels and information channels for that. Sometimes people just want to escape reality into a little bit of fantasy. I don't know whats going on at ABC they also canceled Brothers and Sisters that was one of my favorite shows. Now we are just down to Thursday nights.

August 10, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Megan

It's a drama show...not attempting to be really "real" just provide solid entertainment.

August 12, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  82. C

they lost me a long time ago. i thought it was already off the air

August 8, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  83. Byteme

They jumped the shark looooooooooong ago. Cut the cord dahling!

August 8, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  84. TESSDEE

Awe...too bad what a great show..they don't need to end it...bummer :(

August 8, 2011 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
  85. Peace

D@mn ABC, anyways! :(

August 8, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Memada

I agree – there are too many reality shows and not enough comedy, drama, etc. I love this show and I am MAD!

August 8, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  86. RDT

Why end a good show. They could have at least done 2 more seasons

August 8, 2011 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

I so agree....I loved this show. But yet, some reality crap has been on now for 8-10 years. I just don't get it. Maybe if people stopped watching reality t.v., they would be forced to have more scripted t.v. I really feel bad for "real" actors who have worked for years "honing" their craft.

August 8, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Annie

Good, it was a dumb show anyway. Like Melrose Place for the older generation.

August 8, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • bob

Annie get your gun and SHOOT all of the reality programming that has poluted the airwaves!

August 8, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Loei

Long overdue. They lost me when they jumped ahead in time.

August 8, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Venusian

I agree.

August 8, 2011 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Don K

Totally agree.... When shows stop sticking to what makes them work and they start getting weird or trying too many stunts, I tune out.

August 8, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me

Yes, and in this case TIME = SHARK

August 8, 2011 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • bob

I totally disagree. The need to take cancel STUPID $H!T off the air like the bachelor/rette!

August 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • karmaapple

and when it stopped becoming like real like and was more like any other soap opera.....tornadoes, bombs, killers again and again on the loose, a plane crashes onto the lane, etc, etc. wayyy to far from reality to be interesting.

August 8, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • slick

This show stunk way before the time jump. In fact Season 1 was the only good one.

August 8, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • CMD

I agree with slick season 1 was the best! after that it got too weird for me with the whole 5 years later thing... dunno if that was the best move.

August 10, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Megan

Disagree. They brought me back when they did it. I didn't watch the season before. It revived the show in my opinion and brought it back. Sad to see it go. It's been a Sunday night tradition before the start of the week!

August 12, 2011 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • NoChance

I think 'House' is going to experience the same problem with viewership by jumping ahead by a year. I think fans want to see the immediate aftermath of House's actions rather than see them glossed over in flashbacks. 'Desperate Housewives' should never have done it and shows that the writers have lost their creativity and are bored with their own characters.

August 15, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Joyce Dewalt

Am so sad to hear this is the last season – I LOVE THIS SHOW!!!

August 8, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • cs

I HATE this show and all reality shows. They are just a cheap way for the networks to have programming!

August 8, 2011 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

CS you are a fool, this is not a reality show it's a scripted drama. I don't understand how people can say "I never watched this show, I hate these types of shows they suck." How can you judge if you haven't watched. I will miss this show a lot! Though farfetched it has been thoroughly entertaining, and that's what TV is for!

August 8, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • CMC

Amy, I'm pretty sure CS was confusing this with the "Real Housewives" reality TV show(s). I know I did at first until I recognized a few of the faces in the photo.

August 8, 2011 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Susan - Canada

It's one of my favorite also....I find this hard to believe, especially after Marc Cherry's comment: "So I think the only thing harder than creating a hit show is knowing when to end it, especially when you've got, I think, one of the most amazing casts in the history of television, who continue to deliver amazing performances week after week," I think this show has at least a few years left of good story lines. Very disappointing....one of my favorite Sunday night shows, as well as the Glades on A & E. Oh well....what can you do?

August 8, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  90. jujubeans

guys fantasizing about the actresses while you sevice them?

August 8, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Lloyd Christmas

You nailed it. I'm lucky every sunday

August 8, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |