Roseanne Barr: Palin's inspiring me to run for prez
August 5th, 2011

Roseanne Barr: Palin's inspiring me to run for prez

Roseanne Barr is the latest celebrity to swing her focus towards politics.

Following Matt Damon's critiques of education policy and tax cuts, the actress and star of the Lifetime reality show "Roseanne's Nuts" told Jay Leno on "The Tonight Show" Thursday that she's running for president.

No, really. Barr said: "You know Jay, I decided that since you're the one that got Arnold Schwarzenegger elected as governor of California, that I wanted to make my announcement here on your show because I really wanted to ask for your support. My announcement is that I am running for president of the United States."

She then added, "I'm totally serious...'Cause I want to be a part of the debates, because I want to represent the tax payer. In fact, I'm choosing the tax payers as my vice president."

It turns out that Sarah Palin was something of an inspiration to Barr. "You know, it's because of her that I decided to do a reality show," Barr said. "I have feral pigs that overrun my farm, and I'd like to shoot them out of a helicopter. But, um, that's kinda what got me thinking that I too should run for president, if she can....I feel like she's stealing my act, anyway."

Barr added that she's trying to steer clear of the Democrat/Republican politics. "I'm not for either party because they both suck and they're both a bunch of criminals. So I made up my own party. It's America's Green Tea Party."

If this sounds like an elaborate joke, perhaps to tie in to her reality show about her macadamia nut farm, Barr insists she's not kidding.

"[F]or those who ask: yes I'm serious about running 4 pres," she tweeted early Friday. "So I can speak on behalf of the taxpayers of this country who r dissed 2 the max."

Filed under: Celebrities • Late Night comedy • Sarah Palin

1. Maria Pandolfi

I don't want Roseanne to go away she's smart, funny and has balls!!! The only thing I don't like about her is that she even thought about killing the pigs on her land. I'm working on my own farm in Jamaica and now I have someone to inspire my farming techniques because I'm a city girl. I don't need any help with cussing and telling it like it is. If Roseanne is available I'd go as far as saying I'd love to bring her with me!!!

August 16, 2011 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. GO BARR

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-0OltmCkZ0&w=640&h=390]

August 7, 2011 at 2:06 am | Report abuse |
  3. josette

what a joke...then again, we already have a joke there now

August 6, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  4. homer

Maybe Oprah will put her on her network....Oh I forgot she's not a no talent, hating American, Lesbian Like Rosie O'donnel.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtIX90JmQ2s&w=640&h=390]

August 6, 2011 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  5. markjuliansmith

Alas Obama was floating dead in the water prior to the downgrading of US debt now the body can no longer be seen the only hope now for the US is Roseanne Barr Running for US President‎ apparently she is very good at shooting at but missing wild pigs.

The world turned into a TV sitcom if it was not already drifting towards it.

August 6, 2011 at 4:26 am | Report abuse |
  6. fernace

Well, it worked, her little publicity stunt! Got everybody talking about her, good-bad makes no difference, but being on peoples minds does! I think she's hillarious, & right,too! Both parties suck, don't give a sh!t about working class Americans, & guess what, they are All Rich & cater to their own kind! She's about as serious as the Donald, way funnier & actually remembers being poor! It'll be fun! I vote for Roseann & the Green Tea Party & I get to be vice-president with all of y'all! Like I said Ffffuunnn!!

August 6, 2011 at 12:02 am | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

We watch her show (me and gf). She is hilarious......you are just lettin' em have it huh @msfernace.....hope you are good.......don't get mad, can't fix stupid.....be good

August 6, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. Obamasux1

Yes she is a feral pig, somebody get in a helicopter and shoot her

August 5, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Miguel

it’s time for Roseanne Barr to shut up now. She has some sad show wherein she grows peanuts or something equally absurd reality show wise. Her old show was fun for a while, but then it, too, became absurd. She had a talk show for a time. I remember one day they had a picture of Bush when he was young. She looked at it and said, “I’m in love”. The show went under soon after, and I guess she learned her lesson. Now she has peanut love and Palin envy.

August 5, 2011 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. conda

Just go away, far away please. :(

August 5, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Marie

Gotta LOVE Roseanne!!!!!

August 5, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Poppy

The biggest thing she has against her is that she actually married Tom Arnold.

August 5, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Chirag Patel

this broad will do anything to get back in the spotlight. Go away u crazy expletive

August 5, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Say What

Go ahead and vote for her. Why not? Last election I had coworkers who said they wrote in candidates like Daffy Duck & Miss Piggy, so if you want to waist your choice and vote for her be my guest, but then don't complain when the "wrong guy" wins and we have to deal with it for FOUR MORE YEARS!
    The election is her's to lose.

August 5, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Barbara Mithell

Please don't vote for Barr. The country will suffer. As a former military woman I objected to her degrading of the National athem. I sure don't want that in my President. Leave Canada alone

August 5, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  15. lou

I wonder what the world would think of us all if we voted her into the white house. what would the conversation between world leaders would be if Barr is US president?.... ahhh.... the reality shows!!! In the white house!!!

August 5, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  16. KathySanDiego

It's a joke people. A joke from a comedian. She will always be the domestic goddess that started her road to fame and fortune, which she still has plenty of. Her Roseanne's Nuts show is funny too. It's Friday, time to learn to laugh or smile again. Especially after last weekend's political dramarama.

August 5, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jujubeans

Sarah needs to start dressing like Kelly Bundy, then she'd get my vote!

August 5, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Punisherofidiocracy

Awesome. Palin's stupidity has appealed to other stupid people. Roseanne, we all hate you here. All of us.

August 5, 2011 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ugh

These ppl r making america the laugh of the world

August 5, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ah ha

I was joking about palin,barr and damon. But if thatis what green tea party means i would vote for roseanne. I was in canada and. Yes it does suc.they need to smoke sum and relax.they didnot care how old any of us was they let us drink in they bars.just wanted american dollars.

August 5, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  21. momma

Roseanne Barr and the Green Tea Party---YES, WE CANNABIS–2012! LOL! I also like the THC Party...

August 5, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Crazy Old White Woman

Whats with all of the negative comments on here? You all are just jealous you're not as beautiful as Roseanne is. She is very funny & she would be a great president & would get jobs for everybody, she would eliminate taxes, will cure AIDs & bring back all of the endangered animals. You are all just jealous you don't have the money that she has. She will be laughing all the way to the bank. She can't do any worse than our past presidents. I'm proud of you Roseanne & your husband Dan and your beautiful children DJ, Becky & Darlene.

August 5, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  23. d

I vote for Roseanne

August 5, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • LRoy

The only way I'd vote for Rosanne is if she ends up running against Obama (who I wouldn't elect as dogcatcher).

August 5, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Don't worry LRoy. Obama is not trying to take your dogcatching job away. Now go back inside your single wide, have a Meisterbrau, and chill out.

August 8, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  24. boobiejuice

Yall r dumb. Shes not rich, not all celebs r rich, she ruined her career when she sang the national anthum the first time. No one will ever screw the country in the bum the way Bush did. Im not an obama supporter but I do fee bad for the guy havin 2 pick up the mess Bush left. Thank god I have duel citizenship and can go to leave this country if yall screw it up anymore w voting for palin. Id vote for roseanne barr. Shes a smart woman who lost all her cash by speakin her mind. This country is fallin apart and its the american voters fault.

August 5, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  25. leogirl

you people on here r so hateful and closed that you do not even see. That she oped her mouth against the gov. Which is not easy to do. Im happy she said it and maybe you people need to stop being hateful and see that she kind of rignt. Palin was a joke but u listen to her. If arnold can be govenor i dont think she can do any worse...lol I understand Canada and you dont suck.

August 5, 2011 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Another failure of the public school system. Your poor spelling and inability to compose a proper sentence caused me a huge headache trying to read your post. For God's sake take a remedial English course!

August 8, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  26. go barr

i think that anybody could do better than the last couple presidents that we have had. she obviously wont win but at least she has an open mind and a good set of goals. shes a funny smart lady with her own business.

August 5, 2011 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  27. guy with very low standards

I'd love to hit that!!!!

August 5, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  28. Dizzyd

She was once a lot more fun, but then she lost weight and it sucked that lively personality right out of her. Now she looks like the old school librarian that always shushes you.

August 5, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  29. carib1

You people really have lost your humor I agree with canada and I am an american, get off your high horse you tight asses and smoke a joint or something gosh!!!

August 5, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
    • CiNDER

HAHA. Yes but America is filled with alcoholics and not pot heads. So they don't understand humor, only rage.

August 5, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Junkpile

Uh you would be wrong about that.....Lots of pot heads here....who do you think buys all that Canadian pot??

August 6, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

America is FILLED with potheads, why don't you get out once in a while? See the country a little bit! We have more people smoking pot then drinking!

August 7, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  30. ah ha

I hope Palin does run for President. Roseanne can be the vice. Now that's a match to fix USA. Damon can be speaker of house,2 !

August 5, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • LRoy

I like where you're going. BUT...I'd rather see Kristie Alley as vice than Rosanne.

August 5, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  31. MTAT

She's an idiot

August 5, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  32. cpp

Yea and canada still s u c k s .

August 5, 2011 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
    • stormeagle

Actually a lot of Americans don't even know where Canada is...

August 5, 2011 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  33. todd palin

of course she isn't planning on winning but neither is sarah palin. they both stay in the public eye because they crave attention. roseanne was once a comedian and then an actor but since then, she is just someone who craves attention, just like sarah palin.

August 5, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  34. about the anthem

On her show this week, she was asked to sing the anthem at girls baseball game, she did pretty good. (Not that it makes up for the first time)

August 5, 2011 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  35. Ginger

Wow...you people who read a story and then make mean and nasty comments astounds the life out of me.
    I read the story because Roseanne Barr is a funny lady...and her comments made me laugh a good laugh.
    I imagine you Americans are beyond finding humour in your lives. Get off your sorry asses and do something constructive... It looks bad on you. Life without humour must be very sad.

August 5, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • CanadianPPlover

Your story was quite boring & not worth reading. I just thought I would let you know about the time I wasted reading your response & typing my own.

August 5, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

I still have a sense of humor, i'm laughing at you right now.

August 5, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Dem by Default

Well said!

August 5, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gigi

Roseanne hasn't been funny or relevant in years. The only reason she's yapping is to try to draw some attention to her new reality show.

August 5, 2011 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Judy

Well said, what's with all the rudeness and nasty cracks. Americans need to fin their sense of humor, it will get you a long way in life

August 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Junkpile

How in the world did Ginger get internet access??? I thought she was still trapped on that island with Gilligan and the Skipper?

August 6, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  36. victor

She'll win the Miss America pagent before winning the presidency.

August 5, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  37. Paula

What the heck, she can't do any worse.

August 5, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  38. Yarryd Lowery

She would have better lcuk becoming president of the MPAA. How can she represent the common taxpayer when she racks in quad-several times the amount of the average full time employed taxpayer. She is a rich celebrity, so how can she relate to the majority of taxpayers who are mostly poo and middle class. To quote Vinc McMahon's WWE entance theme, Roseanne Barr has "No Chance In Hell" of becoming the next president fo the United States of America.

August 5, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Yarryd Lowery

And she may as well have Lindsay Lohan as our vice president

August 5, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Paula

If being rich excludes you from relating to the majority of taxpayers, then we'll never get a President who is any good. You can't be poor and run for President!

August 5, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Dani

I'd ask the same question of Palin. Palin's a rich celeberty now, so how can she represent the people? Wasn't Reagan a movie star? Arnold Schwartzenegger? I could go on and on. Puleeze!

August 5, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guest

Now why cant someone with a regular Income run for president.Regular men built this country

August 5, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • CiNDER

Actually this country was built by rich masons. It has ALWAYS been run by the rich and never the poor. Just because she is rich isn't any reason for her not to be allowed to run for pres. Atleast you have heard of her, and she has worked hard for her millions and deserves what she has. She isn't some trust fund kid that has been groomed her whole life walk in daddy's foot steps and doesn't understand what its like to be apart of the working class. I believe she can relate better to the avaerage tax payer then any other candidate out there right now.

August 5, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • LRoy

You forgot the great and mighty Kennedys.

August 5, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Ana L

She intentionally f'd up the National Anthem. She doesnt deserve to be in any poitical role.

August 5, 2011 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Paula

Yea cuz a lot of those already in office haven't done any worse to this country....

August 5, 2011 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Dani

She didn't do any worse than that tea bagging gaggle of clowns running Congress right now. I forgave Rosanne a long time ago for the National Anthem fiasco. It was a long time ago; get over it already.

August 5, 2011 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leroy

Who let this pig out of her pen!! They better get her back in it before dinner time or she may sing the national anthem and grab her crotch agian.

August 5, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Ana L

Actually she didn't intentionally mess up the National Anthem. Yes she looked like a damn fool and sounded even worse, but it wasn't as disrespectful as everyone made it seem. Anyone who thought they were getting a 5 octive range voice when they asked her to sing the anthem were out of their minds. She started sounded bad and people started booing, she did what any comedian would do, she went to humor. But of course the rednecks had to get all offended and act like she did something horrible. Get a life.

August 5, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Snorlax

Oh for the love of all that is holy, won't this woman PLEASE go away!
    Take the Kardashians with her.

August 5, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Paula

Only if she takes Palin with her! Then they can both go.

August 5, 2011 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Kathryn

Amen, and take Sarah Palin too!

August 5, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • LRoy

I love Pailin, but I think Bachmann will make a better candidate. I am very much FOR the "tea party"/Republican party. But I think Ms. Barr is WAY to liberal for any kind of party. I like my candidates conservative. And I miss George Bush as president.

August 5, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hollyworld

Roseanne Barr a Tea Party Member???

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSUv20JAF4U&w=640&h=390]

August 6, 2011 at 5:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Mayonnaise Milkshake

Yet another silly, stupid hollywood ShytBag comes out of the woodworks.

August 8, 2011 at 7:54 am | Report abuse |