August 5th, 2011

Passports are here on 'Jersey Shore'

Update, 3:37 p.m.: "Shore's" season 4 premiere reeled in 8.8 million viewers, making it MTV's most-watched season premiere to date, according to the network. The reality show's season 3 premiere set the same record when it debuted in January, drawing in 8.45 million viewers.

Passports are here!

Last night we watched as the “Jersey Shore” cast packed up their valuables – hairdryers, stuffed crocodiles, etc. – and headed across the pond.

Snooki was pretty excited to go to Italy, which she initially referred to as “that big country” before correcting herself: “Oh no, Europe is that big country.”

The cynical part of me wants desperately to believe that Snooki is playing a role. But the other cynical part of me thinks she’s just ingested too much bronzer and hairspray.

The Situation, whose one-liners have significantly decreased in hilarity since season 2, warns, “Lock up your daughters. Handcuff your wives. The Situation is taking over the Italian nation.” (Dear Sitch, please don't try to one-up Antoine Dodson.)

Perhaps the most important thing we learned in episode 1 was the relationship statuses of the gang: It appears Single Ronnie is back. As is Single Sammi, who we got a taste of last season when Arvin came into the picture. JWoww, who is still dating Roger, and Snooki, who had been seeing the infamous Jionni for about six months at the time this was filmed, are the only two cast members in relationships.

But, if The Situation has anything do with it, that won’t be the case for long. He’s determined to breakup Snooki and her man. Do you believe he and Snooks smushed? Or is Sitch just looking to stir the … Limoncello?

Here are some other things we learned during “Shore’s” first international episode:

• JWoww is only traveling with eight cans of bronzer, which she says should last for about 10 days
  • Sammi’s boobs got bigger, according to Pauly D
  • Pauly informs us: “If Deena’s boobies could talk, they'd say, ‘I'm a good time. I'm a blast in a bra.’ ”
  • The grenade horn has replaced the grenade whistle, also known as the vuvuzela
  • Snooki can drive a stick shift… kind of
  • There are few outlets in the cast’s new pad, therefore, Italians don’t believe in electricity
  • Italian pigeons are ruthless

What did you think of last night’s episode?

P.S.: Deena and Pauly D made out. It was gross.

Post by:
Filed under: Jersey Shore • TV recaps

1. Emma

loooove the shore and how crazy it is. me and my friend Amanda made this video of our fave jersey shore gettin it in moments: http://vimeo.com/user8049600/videos What do you think?

August 15, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. DERRICK

i would love to have a 3-way with Pauly & Ronnie.

August 14, 2011 at 6:14 pm | Report abuse |
  3. K-Woww

GUIDOS ARE HERE YA! So stoked. I so look forward to Jersday!!!!!!! Now I have more of a reason to be excited for the end of my week!!!!!! I already got my spray tan on and my poof is in place...now Jersday needs to hurry up and get here again!!!!!!

August 8, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  4. cw

The fans are the stupid ones here for believing that all this jersey shore crap is real. Everything said and done on Jeresty Shore is all scripted out and every detail and insult and fight are all planned out by the producers.

August 8, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  5. JD

I watched this show once. That was enough. Watching dumb people do dumb things may be the American way but it's pathetic.

August 8, 2011 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. Barnaby Jones

Im thinking plane crash...

August 8, 2011 at 8:55 am | Report abuse |
  7. Jersey Shore Is....

It's my guilty pleasure. I DVR it every week for the last 3 seasons and this one is set up as well...

August 7, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Unreal

Never watched the show but can hear it in the background when my teenager is watching. One day these characters will have children and their kids will have access to these shows. God help them when they try to impose any sort of disipline and ensure their children are well raised and not turn out to be cheap women...Just like their mamas. Rather have my daughter who is honors and at the young age of 16 has twice the common sence of these characters. At least in our time we could be idiots and no one needed to know or broadcast it for the world to see....nor did we need to broadcast it either. Good luck with season 4 and let's hope MTV has better material soon so we can get these classless people off the TV and stop them from being idolized for basically being stupid. Stupid seems to go a long way now....

August 7, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
    • GeezaWazza

If you feel so strongly about this why do you allow your sixteen year old honors student watch the show? Get a grip and be REAL!!!!!

August 7, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • comeatmebro

since you appear to live under a rock, these people are not idolized at all. ask most people who watch this show and they will tell you they think every person on the show is a moron. they are all loved because they are stupid and make other people feel better about themselves. stop trying to be a hardass and if you really expect mtv to have good programming you will never be satisfied. change the channel if you feel that strongly about this show

August 8, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  9. Sono Qui

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu0aP1U6PyI&w=640&h=390]

August 7, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  10. Me

Taxi sono qui!

August 6, 2011 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
    • LOL

That was the best part of the show. I LMAO so hard when Pauly was doing that.

August 7, 2011 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Anna Lisa

he is really good

August 5, 2011 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  12. charlie crack

@Evel- Better get off my girls cans man....Jwoww's mine.....god she is gorgeous. Not that Sammi is ugly....she is beautiful too. @itsamemario- Here, Here sir! I agree, my girlfriend loves the show so I get stuck making fun of it (p!sses her off)

August 5, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Laura

I absolutely love this show. I only started watching the show last season and I got hooked. I know they are dumb, but it is hilarious watching them! I only wish I could have as much fun as them!

August 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jujubeans

Do you think Deena would fall for the "Let's go back to my place and I'll show you my etchings"?

August 5, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. itsamemario

man this show is dumb. yes i tried watching it and really felt dumber for it, just absorbing the idiocy on display there. More power to them and their success, but i will not praise that which does not please me..

August 5, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  16. GeezaWazza

Sandy–they did take electrical adapters!!! Don't comment if you didn't watch the show. I am a 46 year old female and I LOVE watching Jersey Shore, reminds me of my youth!!! The antics are hilarious. GO TEAM SNOOKI!!!!!

August 5, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  17. alecia

@JR I dont know whats more disturbing: that youre 51 and refer to yourself as a dude or that you like this how! @Sandy I dont think the cast of this show collectively have an iq in the double digits!

August 5, 2011 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Sandy

The fact that none of these "reality TV stars" (and I use the term loosely) knew that they would need an electrical adapter in Europe just proves that they're not functioning on all cylinders. Hello – even my grandkids know that fact and they haven't even hit double digits yet.

August 5, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marissa

They did have adapters. You would know that if you ACTUALLY watched the show.

The problem is that the adapters don't work for items like hair irons and blowdryers, you need a different type. I had the same problem when I went to London. I used what I thought was an all purpose adapter and it worked fine for my computer but when I plugged in my curling iron, it shorted the damn thing and I had to throw it away.

August 8, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Evel Knievel

Good to see Jwoww's fabulous cans back on tv.

August 5, 2011 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. ugh

That was nasty with deena and paulie. paulie kissing deena when she licks b*tth01es.

August 5, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • K-Woww

OMG!!! That's hilarious I totally forgot that Deena did that!!!!!!! Ewwww Pauly D!!! tsk tsk

August 8, 2011 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  21. dee

GTL. Smoosh.

August 5, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sammi

Do you have any 6 hour energy shots?

August 5, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  23. Paulie D

Cabs are heeere

August 5, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  24. Deena's boobies

I'm a blast in a bra!

August 5, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  25. JWoww

There's a party in my pants, wanna come?

August 5, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  26. hoofawted

I cant wait to see Ronnie knock out the sitch

August 5, 2011 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • :)

Is it sad that I got excited when I saw this preview? I was bored with the premier, but the preview for whats to come, and the Situation getting what's been coming for a long time excited me to the point where the show is almost worth the 2 hrs a week of my life haha

August 8, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  27. GTL

IT'S T-SHIRT TIME!!!!!!!

August 5, 2011 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  28. JR

I'm a 51 year old dude and I'm now into the show.....God help me.

August 5, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  29. Kay

Deena is a lucky girl for that too.

August 5, 2011 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  30. jujubeans

Are all the girls in New Jersey hot sl()ts with big boobs? I'm on my way!

August 5, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  31. ah ha

Firsty !

August 5, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • homer

She's from NJ too or is it NY?

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtIX90JmQ2s&w=640&h=390]