Adele plans to go country for next album
August 5th, 2011

Adele plans to go country for next album

For her third album, Brit hitmaker Adele plans to employ a country/bluegrass sound.

Although the singer may have had to reschedule most of her U.S. summer tour due to laryngitis, she kept busy absorbing American music styles, and wants to use what she's learned on her forthcoming album.

"I was exposed to a lot of country, rockabilly and bluegrass," she tells The Sun of her time in the States.

"The melodies and to-the-point lyrics I have found in a lot of American styles of music is definitely something I'm going to be pursuing heavily from now on." To pull it off, the singer wants to "spend some time in Austin in Texas and Nashville, Tennessee, and learn about it," she said.

Adele, 23, says that discovering American country musicians is "like [being] a four-year-old in a candy shop who's discovering sweets again."

The singer will have a huge audience for her country creation; her smash-hit sophomore album, “21,” has sold over 2.8 million copies, and is the top-selling album in the world so far this year.

1. great links resort washington

You're actually a good webmaster. The site loading speed is incredible. It sort of feels that you're doing any unique trick. Moreover, The contents are masterpiece. you've performed a great task on this matter!

June 6, 2012 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ADELEmusiclover

DON'T GO COUNTRY ON ME ADELE!!!!!!!!!

February 26, 2012 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. PaulSan

It's a incredible site all regarding their sound, studio and recording techniques is there ... I was so surprised myself and my band. I would definitely recommend these guys.
    They really know what they're doing. It is at more than the professional level. They made us a very good deal. http://www.v3sound.sk

August 10, 2011 at 3:47 am | Report abuse |
  4. Mr Green Jeans

WOW!!! Thats alot of "Fat-back."

August 8, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  5. Weezy

Anyone seen Adeles concert rider? Below is an excert.

...15 chicken pot pies, 4 gallons buttermilk – cold, 3 of each – king size snickers candy bars, reeses pnut butter cups, almond joys, 12 pack Pabst Blue ribbon (16 oz cans), 2 large bags of krinkle cut french fries, 2 gallons neopolitan ice cream – Breyers, 2 plates of fresh smelly doo doo.

August 8, 2011 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. Penis Wrangler

Whats the name of her new Country album?

It is...

Hogging?
    Country style fat bacon?
    Adele – diary of a fat pig?

August 8, 2011 at 8:01 am | Report abuse |
  7. Carney Wilson

She is beautiful, big and fat like me. I want some of her fat hanging roast beef in my face.

August 8, 2011 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  8. Big Boi

"It's the big boi comin straight out the, oops po po's man 5-0!!! D@mn got popped with "x"pills and vi@gra. I'm sorry officer jackson, my pills are reeeal" Country is a very good genre of music also though.

August 7, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jess E James

Rap is cr@p, hip-hop is slop. the only real music is country. yeeeee-haaaaww!

August 7, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Rick Ryder

These moron comments about CW music are funny. They must think GaGA, Eminem, Prince have talent? You can't even understand what they sing about. Monotonous, lyrics that make no sense. And the real funny thing is that ALL rock music started from CW music as a splinter that started in Memphis Tennessee with the "million dollar quartet" of Johnny Cash, Carl Perkins, Jerry Lee Lewis and Roy Orbison". And CW is huge in UK and Ireland. Was just there and is very big. And in Africa too. Don Williams, George Hamilton IV Nanci Griffith are big starts there. Do your homework before u put down CW music. Anything you listen to today is there because of CW musoic and its splinters. If there was no CW there would be no Rock, R and B, etc.

August 7, 2011 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boooo

Actually yes. You happened to mentioned the few people with talent in those genres – Gaga, Eminem, and Prince ( the latter has no business on your little list). As for the country western folk you mentioned, um, aren't they all dead or pretty near it? Try naming someone more current. I personally can't think of a Country Western star I've liked since Garth Brooks in his prime – even though Faith Hill has a phenomenal voice.

August 7, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • 1817

That's funny u don't think Prince has talent......that is just crazy-stupid talk.

August 8, 2011 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Randal Pink

Booo, look up the Steeldrivers if you think there is no good new country music around.

August 8, 2011 at 3:00 am | Report abuse |
  11. KikiTheBlack&Beautiful

Whos adele? She is pretty. And yes I see trolls all over. Back to your bridge before you get stepped on.

August 7, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jesse James

Thanks for info. Good 2 know u actually go 2 shows 2 find and know what u like. That other comment bout meds is a troller.

August 7, 2011 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. yea

I'm no engineer my father is not
    chemical but industrial so maybe I don't know jack all I know I don't like country music,and Iknow that smart and not so bright come from everywhere i'm a yankee half breed and I hate rap,pop,and rock I love country and am a classically trained pianist and violinist I know a little about all genres of music...love ragtime also.

August 7, 2011 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jesse James

Sorry Randal, please forgive. I forgot my meds. Ran out of Thorazine and Valium. I'm a mess!

August 7, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jesse James

And BTW. Nothing wrong with country though. I'm jokin and playin w/ ya Randal!

August 7, 2011 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Dick Clark

i agree with you, except for hip-hop. just can't stand it. almost as thin and lifeless as rap.

August 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Jesse James

Randal Pink. That intelligent one would not be u. Not 2 burst bubble. But anyway, shut up and stop naming names and info off of google music. Drrrrrrrrr!

August 7, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Randal Pink

Blues, Jazz, Bluegrass, and Hip Hop. Art forms that every American should embrace and honor. Roots Run Deep!

August 7, 2011 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Randal Pink

Wrote that from my phone, excuse me if there are any grammatical mistakes, not that I really care, I'm an ignorant redneck, yeeeeeeeeeeeHaaaaaaaaaaaw!

August 7, 2011 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Randal Pink

All of you that rip on country are as ignorant as the rednecks you have stereotyped, with obviously less of an education in music and culture. Country, Bluegrass, etc has roots that most people don't understand. Look up Del McCoury, Bill Monroe, Peter Rowan, Tony Rice, Jerry Garcia (Bluegrass), David Grisman, Sam Bush, etc. Those are the true roots of country, bluegrass. Also Johnny Cash, Waylon Jennings, Steve Earle, Hank Williams, Willie Nelson, etc.. And the country/bluegrass music of today; Sam Bush, Railroad Earth, Bela Fleck, Head For The Hills, Henhouse Prowlers, Drew Emmitt, Great American Taxi, etc., etc., etc. Put in a Steeldrivers album (yes album Tiesto fans) and listen to real country, with exceptional musicianship, vocals, lyrics, etc. Y'all are the real close minded rednecks, get back to your riots roots, or open your mind!

August 7, 2011 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. G

I personally find her music kind of boring, but it's just not my cup of tea. I also think that Rolling in the Deep song sounds like Crazy by Gnarls Barkley idk sounds like the same medley. Maybe it's just me, anyways I don't hate her so I wish her luck with her music.

August 7, 2011 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Brian

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Adele, you are amazing because you do NOT write country music. I will not listen to any more music you write if it's country. Meanwhile, I'll embrace 19 and 21 while mourning your passing.

August 7, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jesse James

And I live there 2. U might see me riding around with a random tatooed skinny b!tch sometime. Sandra is boring, same grim look on her face when shes a bizillionaire. Come on down 2 Austin. Yee haw!

August 7, 2011 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  24. Anastasia Eckhart

Yes, come to Austin!!! Best City in the South, Nashville... Second best city!!!! I would LOVE to see Adele around Austin.

August 7, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  25. Dick Clark

All you country music haters just show your ignorance. Go back to your top 40 auto-tuned lip-synched cr@p! Country is here to stay!

August 7, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  26. Laura Cunningham

@cmt
    Aren't ole boys human to? Of all(people) you know about all of the singers,musicians,writers,producers ect.that have substance addictions.There are suicides and murders unfortunately also.Do a little research on your pc sometimes.I'll bet those good ole boys and girls will shock your boots off.

August 7, 2011 at 6:48 am | Report abuse |
  27. sycotic

C()unttree. :)) funny.

August 7, 2011 at 3:41 am | Report abuse |
  28. madhater

If she was a whure I would find this interesting.

August 6, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  29. ksl

If you like her sound and you enjoy true artists it doesn't matter what genre they sing. If you don't like her then what are you commenting here for anyway? Good job adele. Dominate girl!

August 6, 2011 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  30. cmt

news bulletin!! do you think this girl really cares what you write about her. shes already a star with the $$ and as for her needing to know if it's o.k. to sing country don't think she cares what you think. as for country music, you don't see these people going through drive bys, sucicides, drinking and oding on drugs. poor amy if her parents had of really cared she would have been here today. we want to place so much value on heroin addicts, junkies and all those who think wrong is right. for the simple minded people who want to pluck on the keyboard to voice their opinion about the fat girl well, I don't think she cares about your opinion of her or what she looks like. We put the poor ole skinny Amys with the drug and drinking problems as a role model for our children though and throw off on anyone who does good. That's the new american way. The hillbillie country music stars as you call them, are laughing all the way to the bank, by the way. While we're watching the drive-bys, and murders and the sucicides the dumb ole hillbillies are living the life, that most would love to have, and by the way, haven't heard of any drive bys or murders from them.

August 6, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  31. moon

Ew. Country? Well her current album lyrics certainly fit with that. But I am tired of country artists trying to be main stream and vice versa.

August 6, 2011 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Harold

Ooh kool, can't wait to hear it! :D

August 6, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jess

If its anything like "Don't You Remember" from '21' I think the new country album will be great. I also think her voice is perfect for a Rockabilly sound! Looking forward to the new album!

August 6, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Ralee

Adele's voice is so cool I think dabbling into country will be a plus. And who says country music isn't cool? I love it, even contemporary country is ok.

August 6, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  35. gmann

Where do you think all genres of music came from. Bluegrass. So you think elvis presley, ray charles are shallow minded? Umm makes you wonder about the posts. You need to think before YOU make shallow comments. Apparently you don't know history of music

August 6, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randal Pink

At least there is one intelligent person on this ignorant thread!

August 7, 2011 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Booooo

Actually you don't know your history. The earliest of Ray Charles's recordings were actually old African American gospel tunes. Elvis's first recordings were based in Rhythm & Blues. Later they began doing genres that were perhaps the descendants of blue grass but in my opinion, that's when they sold out on their roots. I'm in my twenties and I know this- granted I studied music (opera focus). You didn't?

August 7, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  36. kilovolt

WhoisAdele?

August 6, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  37. Chris

Country music is the #1 selling music of all time. NO OTHER GENRE sells more music. I hope you haters get your facts straight. She might lose some of her current fan base (only the flaky fans) but will add millions of new ones. Welcome to America's music.

August 6, 2011 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  38. Ray E. (Georgia

Well,
    To each his own. I grew up on the old Country Music. For all you newer people check out some Webb Pierce, the Number One Billboard Artist of the 1950's, Ray Price, Marty Robbins, Faron Young, Carl Smith, and even Johnny Cash.

August 6, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  39. Jan in Texas

Adele in Austin...yeehaw! While you are in the US you need to dig into Delta blues, jazz and gospel. And, I would love to hear your take on some of Billie Holiday's songs like "Come Rain or Come Shine" or "Summertime"!

August 6, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  40. Christina

Oh dear GOD I hope this isn't true.

August 6, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  41. Gerri Moore

Mr.B if that cute remark was intended for my benefit thank you ILY.

August 6, 2011 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  42. Suzan Collier

I think this is great. Adele and Brandi Carlile are my 2 of my faves and they both are kinda going country!!!

August 6, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  43. *** Dude ***

Lowlife

August 6, 2011 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  44. johnnyb

I knew they grew on trees!! Anyone know where I can find a c*unttree??

August 6, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
  45. Gerri Moore

I'm so glad to be alive in these times,my mind and heart are opened wide the love I have for my parents is over immeasurable the patients they've taught me from how they treat each other i'll just say that i'm blessed.You're probably wondering were this is leading to ,here it is i'm just saying in a world that we have the internet when in seconds we can get all kinds of information it's wonderful.A decade ago a sister as talented as Adele would have been overlooked but thanks to technology her lovely voice can be heard almost everywhere.So if she would like to sing country,rock,opera,soul,classical,tech,reggae,folk,ragtime etc.ect.infinity...and beyond more power to you sweetheart,I know you'll give it all you've got thank you for sharing your gift of music.

August 6, 2011 at 7:58 am | Report abuse |
  46. Cecelia

I'm not a huge fan of country these days, but LOVE bluegrass. It's very rootsy and artistic. Bluegrass musicians are more consumed with their craft than making a dollar. I would love to hear an album from Adele with a heavy bluegrass influence...lots of acoustic instruments and pretty melodies mixed with her voice and honest lyrics would be delicious! And for all the naysayers of country music, just remember that there are always a handful of country musicians whose songs are tweaked for the pop charts every year. I think she'll be a huge crossover success. Go, Adele!!!

August 6, 2011 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  47. Chet Bumkins

I wrote a little song for ya, here ya go... "My mother fell in love with a tractorrrrrr, when she was just a girl. And when she grew into a wowmannnnnn, she sat on the gearshift and twirled." Don't forget your waitress. Thank yew vury much..

August 6, 2011 at 7:07 am | Report abuse |
  48. you cant be serious

all you country music haters just show your igorance. go back to your auto-tuned crap top 40

August 6, 2011 at 7:01 am | Report abuse |
  49. DP

love all the comments. music interest is similar to food – there's incredible variety and not enough time to try it all. you have likely never tasted the 1 thing you like best. we try too hard to put things in categories. if adele had said "i listened to country and intend to allow it to influence my product in some way" i think public reaction would have been different.

August 6, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  50. Bryant Hayre

Good luck with the change wishing you the best hope all goes well!(8-0) Bishop\DJ "B" Flash

August 6, 2011 at 5:44 am | Report abuse |
  51. Kara

I drove my daughters car wash about a week ago and was listening to some of her music and this young womans' voice came on,it was beautiful. She is very talented
    good music,I think she could do any kind of music that she wants to and would give it her all.

August 6, 2011 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  52. Kevininvancouver

This Women puts wind in my sail – If you know what I mean man!

August 6, 2011 at 2:07 am | Report abuse |
  53. justin

Too bad. I'm a big fan, but not even Adele can get me to listen to country.

August 6, 2011 at 1:24 am | Report abuse |
  54. Irwin

If she makes another '21', who cares! Most country sucks, but she's so great
    .. Just listen to the incredible 'Make You feel My Love' and you get an idea what she can do in this genre.

August 6, 2011 at 1:23 am | Report abuse |
  55. 1817

I love when artists take risks like this. When most would follow-up with same type of sound or style she chooses to take a new direction.

I remember back in the 80's when it was rumored Prince was going to put out a country album. I was all ears. Never happened, but I did get to hear a version of his hit Kiss that had that country feel to it. It was
    hot.

August 6, 2011 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
  56. soggynode

The Brits took over and owned Rockabilly for most of the late 70's. Johnny Cash did amazing covers of Nine Inch Nails and Depeche Mode. Artists try different stuff all the time. Its not that big of a deal for Adele to wander into Country and Bluegrass.

August 6, 2011 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  57. charlie crack

Youre a cool girl BV.....be careful.....be good

August 6, 2011 at 12:59 am | Report abuse |
  58. @Marley

I agree totally. I love all genres of music, mostly old school r&b. I'm a native cali girl, but my dad who's from texas raised me on some good ole country music. Adele will be great.

August 6, 2011 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |
  59. Beautiful Vixen

@Jesus Save: Yea I am saved. I know who Jesus is and what he did for me/us and I asked him into my heart & all that, but, I don't think he made us out to be doormats for idiots like you to preach to us or turn the world into your cult . When you can walk on water, then look me up and me can talk, other than that..here is me spiting venom back in your eye. @Lol..here there Charlie!! No. I'm not fighting with anyone on here. I'm just voicing my opinion but just in a different way. Oh well..God needs warriors like me for the end. I'm just in training right now....lmao. Well if I don't check in this weekend...you have a great/awesome one (as well as the rest of our friends on here). Tracie is back..guess he/she is not dead after all..lol Oh & charlie,some jerk is going to get rich off my idea of putting George Jones N Ozzy together, or Pattsy Cline (not sure of her last name) music & Hailstorm together and so on and so on..lmao. Charlie my friend, CHEERS to the fricken weekend and I'll drink to that. Bye

August 6, 2011 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
    • soggynode

worked pretty good with Bowie and Bing Crosby singing Christmas songs.

August 6, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  60. Elwood

Holy crap, this board's been possessed.

August 6, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  61. c-ho

I hope Adele gets some Tammy Wynette influence! Two of a kind there! Go girl!

August 5, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Beautiful Vixen

@Matthew: Was your comment direct at me? If it was, at least, please grow a pair of balls and speak your mind directly to me. Just in case your comment was directed at me, let me tell you something..not because my parents listen to the music, means I should. I respect my parents. I listen to and love all music, but I grew up and hang out with people that like rock and heavy metal. I think it would be some awesome s*!t hearing Ozzy "Mama I'm coming Home" with George Jones in the background singing..hmm let's say "He Stopped Loving Her Today". or something like that. So shoot me for trying to be creative. Being creative may be dead in Hollywood but a$zholes like me haven't lost it.

August 5, 2011 at 11:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

Hey Hey Hey....what's goin on ma'am........I can't see what comment you are talking about. Your taste in music is very good......and not only that it is your take on this topic. Don't let them get to you....( I know you respect your parents, if anyone on this blog does).....Just direct me to the comment that p!ssed you off so I can see what's goin on

August 5, 2011 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • charlie crack

There are plenty of great rock, heavy metal bands...You are right......If that is what you grew up listening to and who you hang with you are not at fault for anything. Personally I think your ideas of the mixups with the other artists would be cool as well........don't get upset/mad BV.......let em' be stupid.....if they cannot direct it to you then they have no b@lls and never will......be good

August 6, 2011 at 12:03 am | Report abuse |
  63. Will

As a Nashville, TN area resident I apologize to the world for country music.

August 5, 2011 at 11:45 pm | Report abuse |
  64. bankei1974

i think what adele means by country is artist like the avette brothers, or old crow medicine show, mumford and sons, gilian welch, all u country haters should give them a try.

August 5, 2011 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  65. rumba

Amazed at all the neg comments, don't know much about her but I'm willing to step out of the box and listen to something diff, why can't she try something new, would it be the end of the world? Way to many serious things to worry about than if a singer wants to try a different style of music.

August 5, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Francis

you have a wonderfrul melodies voice, i was listening you last month when you were at the iTunes festival.

August 5, 2011 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Amy Crackhouse

Does this mean she's going to start cracking her voice like a kid going through puberty?

August 5, 2011 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  68. BeamMeUpScotty

Adele is one yummy thick woman!

Everything is bigger in Texas! Adele will fit in just fine!

August 5, 2011 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  69. mary

Seems like most people who hate country music feel proud of hating it for some reason. "Your snobbery betrays ignorance."

August 5, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Beauiiful Vixen

Ha, ha..@Matthew: That's some of my parents music. I remember that music when I was a little girl. I think it would be a fr!cken trip if someone was to do a remix of Godsmack and George Jones. King Diamond and Feddie Fender, Ozzy and Jim Reeves. ..etc

August 5, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  71. lady

"Fist City" by Loretta Lynn. That is all.

August 5, 2011 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  72. carli

This girl has one heck of a voice, and with her talent, I would absolutely LOVE to see what else she is able to do with this gift of hers. I am pretty stoked for her next album now :)

August 5, 2011 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Matthew

Ray Charles pulled it off. If she's diggin' it and it inspires her, for gawd sake, let her put her interpretation on it. It's part of American culture and if she's enamored with it, then let her try it out.

August 5, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  74. def jef

just goes to show the sad state of county music these days...if this pop singer "AWHALE" can make the jump how bout justin timberlake next? Waylon Jennings is turning in his grave right about now

August 5, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  75. MikeInMichigan

Based on Adele's current album 21, she likes to deal with songs that are emotional. Country music definetely deals with heartbreak theme's. While I am not a huge country fan, I hope that she can bring something unique to the country songs that she intends to perform. Good for her to explore and expand her horizons. I would like to see her do something that sounds more smokey and jazzy.

August 5, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  76. chuck

I've never heard of this woman but country music should only be for true country folks. Yanks and Brits wouldn't understand

August 5, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Nonayo

I hope she does a Patsy Cline cover.

August 5, 2011 at 10:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scarls

That is exactly the kind of country music I would love to hear her sing. She would be amazing with that style of country music. Or any of the more traditional sounding Dolly Parton songs like "Little Sparrow" or "Jolene".

August 6, 2011 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  78. Country Music Producer

I'm so suprised that country music gets such a bad rap among cultured people. It's one of the purest, simplest, and direct-to-the-heart styles of musical expression. Second only to the blues. The brits are finally getting hip to the fact. Check out UK-based country artist Dan Donnelly's new album, "Country and Nothern", and see how the brits are making american country music their own!

August 5, 2011 at 9:56 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Casey

RABBLE!

August 5, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Country Music Producer

American country and folk music is actually enjoying a surge in popularity. Historically speaking, music that uplifts spirits, or is "easy to relate to", does well during times of economic strife. There's an entire generation of young talented americana and folk artists coming out of the UK now. Just look at the sucess of artists like Mumford and Sons, Dan Donnelly, Laura Marling etc. They wouldn't deny their American country influences. Adele is just a little behind the curve. However, if she's gets the right songs and producers, I expect it to sell very well.

August 5, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matthew

I think it's because the radio friendly tunes are pandering pablum of tackiness.

The same can be said of all pop music genres in fact. No one can deny that the pop music charts are an embarrassment of terribleness.

But country really pushes the boundaries of tolerable awfulness when it's bad. And it's bad most of the time - And the bad stuff sells because the people that buy it are not the most sophisticated people on the planet.

It all sounds like hyperbole, but I'd defend what I said as accurate.

August 5, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  81. smartmove

And I think she is very pretty.

August 5, 2011 at 9:28 pm | Report abuse |
  82. smartmove

Love Adele's cd 21. Can't imagine her voice singing country, but Keith Urban is Australian and he seems to be able to do it. She will have a great expeerience with the songwriters in Nashville. It's a great town!

August 5, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  83. MarcD

At least is not the hip hop crap...

August 5, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • topaz114

ur an idiot! u cant even understand music so how do u know how to type?

August 5, 2011 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  84. XO

I wonder who's singing that she will steal from. This time around. I can just imagine her record collection that she used to steal people voice, style and sound, shame. She stole from Blues, old Reggae and more, just sad no orginality.

August 5, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • singinbells

Music is transcendent, a mirror. Yes you may call it copying, but no, not stealing. How sad for you to think it is stealing. have you not realized that by saying what you said you sound like you have poor logic and an idiot?

August 6, 2011 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
    • singinbells

And it is whose not who's. I hope you are not a native English speaker so you have an excuse.

August 6, 2011 at 2:01 am | Report abuse |
  85. Frank

She can't even sing, with that fat face.

August 5, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Ted Nugent

Adele? More like Asmell.

August 5, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Andrew

I hope she doesn't go modern trash country. Hell, country music died when they took the hillbilly and western out of it.

August 5, 2011 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Blessed Geek

Who is Adele and doesn't she have a surname? All country singers have a last name.

August 5, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Lynn

NO! NO! NO! Don't do it! Her style is what we want... not country! Don't mess with an already beautiful talent...simply do it even better.

August 5, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Euorgos

I have her album because I liked her style. I have never liked or listened to country music. It is too simplistic and bland. NYC has no country radio stations that I'm aware of, and I hope it stays that way. You have to travel into the nether-regions of Upstate NY or NJ to hear that sort of hillbilly music. If Adele goes country, she will lose the fanbase and popularity she now enjoys, and will just be another flash in the pan one hit wonder with Rolling in the Deep.

August 5, 2011 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Bruce

I hope she keeps singing in the same way and doesn't change her style of singing too much! She has an exceptional vocal, very talented and a great and unique style.

August 5, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  92. topaz114

I hope she doesn't think that most American styles of music is like country, because that would be a tragedy, and an embarrassment.

August 5, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

Go back to your rap crap...country and blues are americas original forms of music art...nothing more american.

August 5, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Czapelle

@Terry. Oh lawdy. You DO realize that hip hop is ALSO a purely American art form, right? Also, jazz? You seem a little short-sighted as to what kinds of music can be described as "original American"

August 7, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  93. kazz

I'm sure it will sound great despite the ignorant reactions demonstrated in these comments.

August 5, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Lisa

I'm really interested to hear her interpretation of country music. She's a phenomenal talent, and really puts her own touch to what's considered the norm.

August 5, 2011 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  95. story2

I think she could pull off doing a Country album. If u have good writers it smooth sailin all the way.

August 5, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  96. AJ

Country music these days is super lame but I get the feeling she's looking back to the flannel/beard/big hair/tons o' rouge days. Anyone else thinking the new school "Dusty in Memphis?"

August 5, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  97. jeffroweld

Big mistake.

August 5, 2011 at 7:55 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Topher

I wish I didn't know what Adele looked like. What a pig.

August 5, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Seriously

How's about mixing in a salad, too?

August 5, 2011 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  100. dee

OMG NO – SAY IT AIN'T SO!! I DESPISE country music!!!!

August 5, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matthew

Go find some stuff that's not on the radio and you might be surprised by what you hear. The ratio of crap to good stuff is high in the country music genre, but when it's good it's just as impressive as anything you'll experience.

August 5, 2011 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • doggie

I'm with you. Love Adele, but do not like country music. I can't believe she likes that stuff!

August 5, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  101. musicfan

This woman has an amazing voice that is backed by the soul in the lyrics she writes. I wonder if she realized how most "country" artist are just puppets. If she can pull of staying true to her own lyrics then this could be a ground breaking album for the genre.

August 5, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Mike

If I hear Rolling in the Deep one more time on the radio I am going to scream. Still love her though!

August 5, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  103. kathy

Please. Adele, no!!!

August 5, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  104. fernace

Country is my least favorite style of music, unless it's the real sh!t from rebel artist who don't care about top 40 or "crossing over!" I just don't hear country in Adeles voice! She'll have to study hard! Hey alecia, you're in Austin? Me too! I'm south off Manchaca, where you at?

August 5, 2011 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Texan

What the hell? Did the tea party high jack this page. What is up with the hateful comments. I'm pretty sure that her album being number in the world means that enough people likes the way she sings.

August 5, 2011 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dylan

IKR! i am sick and tired of people commenting simply for the sake of being angry. our society has enough of that to begin with. i fall you're going to do is smahs people and object to everything anyone else says, just keep your fingers off the damn keyboard

August 5, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guy

U R right guys (Dylan & Texan)

August 5, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • AnnaThetexan

Think u r correct, fellow Texan.

August 7, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  106. dick

about time we need more fat mammas in country music

August 5, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Icepick

She doesn't do a thing for me, and neither does country music. Sounds like a perfect match.

August 5, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Ogundipe david

Baby girl ,its good 4 u keep it up . U will get there.

August 5, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  109. cris

Ya know I have both of Adeles albums and I can't listen to them anymore. Her voice is not sweet and elegant like, Celine Dion, for example. It's blaring and rangeless.

August 5, 2011 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  110. LEE

Country music is huge in England. Good financial move on her part.

August 5, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Country music is not huge in England, its pretty much non existent there.

August 5, 2011 at 5:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • shchasm

Isn't country music pretty much non-existent everywhere but in the idiotic U.S.?

August 5, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • DAISHI

How often do you two travel?

August 5, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mumford

Mumford & Sons is a Brit band who is widely popular in both countries and is part country, bluegrass and folk. The Avett Brothers, while American, have a similar sound and this is the style that Adele is talking about.

August 6, 2011 at 6:57 am | Report abuse |
    • dave

Yeah. I'm from northern England and there is no country music. I'm sure people listen to it but it is not popular here. Plus, mumford and sons has a more Irish sound then American country.

August 6, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  111. xjdavid

I bought her last album, because I have several friends who rave about her. I thought the first few songs were ok, but she has no vocal range and halfway through I was about asleep. Rolling in the Deep is cool.

August 5, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

No vocal range? Are you deaf???

August 5, 2011 at 8:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Guy

Well I'm certainly not a specialist to evaluate her vocal range but in terms of taste I can tell that what I find special about her voice is its texture I don't have the words to decribe it but it touches me .

August 5, 2011 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carson

I agree with Lisa and Guy.....Adele is awesome. You don't have to like her....but definitely get that she's an artist. Just because you don't like it, doesn't make it non-existant! I normally listen to the pop, dance and exciting music everyone is maligning in this post. However, Rolling in the Deep and Rumor Has It are FANTASTIC. Most of her songs on this album have "texture" as someone puts it and is interesting to listen to. This album is also different from her first. If exploring another form of music will help her to grow.....have at it. Maybe it'll make me like country (the country of old as people are putting it in here).

August 5, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  112. alecia

Welcome to Austin! We have a lot of room for you!

August 5, 2011 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Junkpile

Hmmmmm.....and country music is good why???

August 5, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robin

Because it is music. It's tells real life stories and 99% of the time, you can actually understand the words.

August 5, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Junkpile

I see well the country music nowadays is more like a twangy pop instead of the country music of days old. You don't see peeps doing the dance of the squares to this new fangled country muzak. They needed some George Jones, Charlie Daniels, flat top Willie and field plowing Leroy, ya know REAL county muzak.

August 5, 2011 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Robin, polka is music. Folk music tells a story. And you can understand the words to most songs if you listen, honestly. I agree with Junkpile, there are a handful of exciting country artists, but for the most part modern country is just twangy pop. Just the idea of Adele doing a country album puts me to sleep.

August 5, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brad

Country music is simple and shallow, like the people that listen to it... the listeners don't want to have to think about the music, or anything else for that matter. They don't want to be challenged... they just want to tap their feet and hum along with the inane lyrics. Pablum for rednecks.

August 5, 2011 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • b=dog

I dont care at aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllllllllllllllllllll, I dont care at aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ... thats my song.

Actually it's proven that the only group still buying albums are country fans.

August 5, 2011 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • mike j

after reading all these comments, I just got to thinking... does any country singers lip sing? I like all music except I generally dislike rap, maybe cause I ain't used to it. I like a variety like ACDC, George Straight to Whitney Houston. It is all good Music. Dolly Parton wrote one of the biggest selling songs of ALL time, "I will always love you". Reba McEntire and Garth Brooks have been extremely successful as the best of best of artists and they don't have to take their clothes off. & one of the most patriotic songs of all time is Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA". I think Country Music deserves more credit.

August 5, 2011 at 9:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matthew

There is a thing called authentic country music, and it's honest, earnest, and authentic. It's not what's played on the radio. Country music was the punk-rock of the pre and post war era.

Dolly Parton
      Hank Williams
      Willie Nelson
      Buck Owens
      Loretta Lynn
      Johnny Cash
      Elvis Presley
      John Prine

Heck I could go on and on. There's serious talent there for a well-maligned (self inflicted often) genre.

August 5, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matthew

"the most patriotic songs of all time is Lee Greenwood's "God Bless the USA"

Oh gawd. Why hold up that cloyingly and pandering song as a positive? That's a perfect example of how country music is ridiculous rather than sublime.

The tune lyrically is boring as heck and the sensationalism is so over the top, in-artful, and cheesy it's impossible for this to be considered good music in any shape or form. There's no poetry in the song whatsoever. Compare the words to any of Dolly Parton's songs, for goodness sake. No even in the same universe poetically.

You might love the sentiment, but the tune is awful.

August 5, 2011 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • mccccc

Country music is good for people who are too slow to understand the complexities of real music. Somebody has to entertain the bottom third of the gene pool.

August 5, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Crus

Stick to what your doing. Country isnt ready for a singer as great as yourself. Please.

August 5, 2011 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matthew

"too slow to understand the complexities of real music."

Yeah, and the complexity of rock music is wildly intricate, right?

Look, a simple tune with the right ethos and poetry is more impressive that all the bloops, bleeps, beats and auto-tune that modern music can slap on a song.

Basic song craft and performance is Adele's strength and understandably why she's enamored with the genre.

August 5, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marley

You can make more money selling country music than you can any other kinds of music.

Country music is where the money is.

That's why Adele will be making the switch.

August 5, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • MacGeek

Country music in my opinion is depressing somewhat. Some of the lyrics gets too whiney sometimes. Try adding seem Tiesto into country and them hillbillies won't know what kicked them in the teeth :)

August 6, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
    • veggiedude

She recently went vegetarian and now this. I don't think the two mix well.

August 6, 2011 at 5:02 am | Report abuse |
    • Nisroc

While country has changed many artist of today are inspired from artists of yesterday. Some of you have said that country is leaning towards pop. I disagree, in fact, I think it is more the other way around. Mark Knopfler, Whitney Houston, Boys 2 Men all have used country songs in their recordings, Houston sang, " I will always love you" written by Dolly Parton, Boy 2 Men recorded, "I Swear" also recorded by John Micheal Mongtomery. I doubt many of you heard Mark Knopfler sing poor boy blues.

Many artist today are also recording work from a long time ago, Martin Delray recorded Johnny Cash's, "Get Rythm". Sawyer Brown recorded, the race is on originally recorded by George Jones. I do admit there is more twang in the country recording does not mean they are leaning to pop just adding more style to their music.

Country tells the story if you do not believe me, listen to some Ian Tyson (cowboy), Ricky Staggs (bluegrass), Steve Earl, Kathy Mattea, Mary Chapin Carpenter really listen to the words and music and then switch to pop and rock artists. I am sure you will find the only real difference is the music beat which has changes, but the stories and poetry in the songs remain unchanged

August 6, 2011 at 5:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Curb

I'm glad Dolly is getting credit where credit is due in all this! Plus, Adele is talented. She'll change country music, not be "lowered" to it.

August 6, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Czapelle

If she's going to record an album of real s**kicker music then I say go for it! If she's going to record what people think country is (ie twangy pop music) then I say why bother?

August 7, 2011 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Mikey G

@b=dog
      The only reason people still buy country albums is that they are too stupid to realize you can download music for free from the internet and have no clue what an mp3 player is.

August 7, 2011 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Randal Pink

Open your mind!

August 7, 2011 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • LottaZil

For all you people who think country music fans are simple let's see you recite the laws of thermodynamics, understand an organic chemistry mechanism, or comprehend the physics of mass transfer. I am a chemical engineer and a HUGE country music fan. I a ton of my colleagues are too. Next time you ride in an airplane I hope you shake in your seat thinking about how simple we country folks are that "put dat dere plane tagedder and got 're done!"

August 7, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • humberto

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raP4Q_CgAOM&w=640&h=390]

August 7, 2011 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  114. craigsf5

No thanks, because I hate spam...it's rude. But, good luck to your friend.

August 6, 2011 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |