'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Vogue model controversy
August 4th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Vogue model controversy

There’s a huge debate today over a 10-year-old girl, Thylande Blondeau, who’s in full makeup – and posing provocatively – in the September issue of French Vogue. France is certainly known for being fashion forward, but is this going too far?

Thylande is a very good looking kid, but a lot of people say her posing on top of a tiger, wearing pumps and pushing out her pouty lips is just too much for her age. I'm all for an artistic approach to fashion, but I’ve got to say I don't get it. And I get a lot of stuff that people tend to find "out there.”

What do you think? How young is too young for a child to srike a provocative pose?

Post below – then be sure to watch our big debate on this, today on "Showbiz Tonight" exclusively at 11 p.m. ET/PT on HLN.

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. Di

By the way, kudos to CNN for NOT printing the photos of the child here!

August 5, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Di

I'd like to hear CNN ask Madeleine McCann's parents to offer their opinion of these photos... or maybe JonBenet Ramsey's father would have some thoughts on the subject. If they would speak out, maybe the greedy, maladjusted fashionista idiots at French Vogue would get a clue. Ya think? Sigh. Wishful thinking on my part, no doubt.

August 5, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. itsamemario

who knows, if we*re lucky kids could tp this statue for years to come..

August 5, 2011 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Peace

What! Tracie is dead? Hey itsamemario, I'll chip in on that statue! LOL I saw this 10 year old on GMA, there is no way in hail I'd ever allow my daughters to do that! Way to go to her parents. *sigh*

August 5, 2011 at 7:29 am | Report abuse |
  5. charlie crack

@itsamemario- that would be nice..bronze..lil statue in honor of the "doo dee queen"......"poo poo protagonist". Either way you're right...memorial is needed.......lol

August 4, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  6. itsamemario

*i will

August 4, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  7. itsamemario

ill bronze a toilet for her, i guess..

August 4, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. fernace

I thought tracie was dead too & I'm holding on to that (wish) thought, 'til I hear otherwise! Yeaaa, tracie is dead, lets all flush our toilets in honor of her demise! I'll send toilet paper flowers to the memorial!!

August 4, 2011 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  9. fernace

It is Not fashion forward or artistic for children to pose provocatively! Even the word, "provocative" tells you it's Wrong! Do we want to provoke child molesters? This Child should be modeling in a tween or teen mag, not in 1 for adult women! All fashion mags & companies should use some logic when some1 comes up with an idea like this! They should think about their own kids, would they put them in a provocative pose!? I don't think so!!

August 4, 2011 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. charlie crack

I saw the obituary too.....guess that was pre-mortem....come on @TraciesRep give us an update, is she gone?

August 4, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  11. theAntiELVIS

Under 18 or 120 pounds

August 4, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  12. @Tracie

I thought you died? Your rep is on while you were working telling us the news that you died.

August 4, 2011 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  13. jujubeans

That's not the cover is it? She's not on a tiger and the woman in the picture has breasts, 10 year old's don't unless it's a stuffed bra. p.s. it's a bad idea to have children pose provocatively. It only supports pedophilia. Get an 18 y.o. model. stupid french

August 4, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • LL

Yeah. That's the cover. I don't think they'll be posting the photo of the 10 year-old in the US media without blocking out her face because she's a minor.

August 4, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

This is the french were talking about. Pretty sure demi moore showed her boobs over there at 16

August 4, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • jujubeans

demi moore? Where can I get that pic?

August 5, 2011 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |