Katie Holmes scared off a raccoon... by barking
August 4th, 2011

Katie Holmes scared off a raccoon... by barking

“Don’t Be Afraid of the Dark” star Katie Holmes actually has some experience fending off nocturnal creatures.

While visiting “The Tonight Show,” the actress revealed to Jay Leno that she sent a scared raccoon scurrying.

“I was recently sitting outside, and this raccoon comes right [up to me],” Holmes, 32, said. “I was expecting [it] to be more afraid of me, and I’m staring at it, and he’s staring back like he’s gonna kick my butt!”

So what does one do when going head to head with a raccoon?

“I stood up, and I barked at him,” she said. “And then he ran away!”

1. tracie

If someone is taking a dump in the bathroom stall, I stand outside the stall and listen to the doo doo come out and I wait for that doo doo smell.

August 4, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kayley

Saw the interview. What a dunce! She sounds like a complete idiot. The other thing is why bark?? Why not say "shoo" (or something like that) and wave your arms as most people would? Totally freaky. I still can't figure out how she keeps getting jobs. She has absolutely no talent. She can't act worth a damn and the clothes she designs are sad. I guess bearding for Tom Cruise has its perks. It seems to get her hired for acting roles cause it's certainly not her acting talent that gets her hired.

August 4, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Katie Who?

Katie seems quite dimwitted in every interview I've seen of hers whether it was on TV or in print. "Like" is every other word and she doesn't respond to what's being said to her. Its as if she has a script to follow and can't stray from it. Then again, anyone who gets involved with Tom Cruise and Scientology can't be the brightest.

August 4, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  4. itsamemario

Dude my neighbor does this ALL the time, so wheres her story CNN? Seriously shes loud sometimes, but to each their own right? Moving on, mush team mush..

August 4, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  5. D.K

You call this news? Garbage.

August 4, 2011 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  6. @Junkpile

tracie's obsession probably comes from mom leaving him/her in soiled diapers. I bet that azz was red and ashy as hell.

August 4, 2011 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Jennifer

I have seen Katie twice in TV interviews, the other time being with Ellen. She came across as not being terribly bright both times.

August 4, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  8. tracie

I got excited thinking about her taking a dump on my face while barking.

August 4, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. just me

Donald Trump has a widerness creature........ON HIS HEAD !

August 4, 2011 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. pedro

anybody else get a excited reading this story?

August 4, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. jimbo

oh well. i really did see a groundhog yesterday. It was really good sized and near a stream. Think it is the first one ive ever seen in real life. We need more good wilderness creatures. She shouldnt have scared off the pine light.

August 4, 2011 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Richard Fore

Ruff Ruff, I'll bet Tom like to make her bark like a dog.

August 4, 2011 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Junkpile

You would wouldn't you Tracie...buttholes seems to be your thing. I saw a video of a guy cleaning a rhino cage and the rhino backed up when the guy had his head down and his whole head went up it's butt. I bet you wish that was you. I bet you could live inside an elephants butthole it would be home sweet home for you.

August 4, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |