Bateman calls ‘The Change-Up’ ‘garbage,’ critics agree
August 4th, 2011

Bateman calls ‘The Change-Up’ ‘garbage,’ critics agree

Jason Bateman, star of “The Change-Up,” brings some refreshing honesty to movie promotion. Or (more likely), he’s just using some of the ol’ reverse psychology.

"It's crap,” he said of his body-switching comedy during a recent visit to “The Daily Show.” “The movie's garbage."

But even after trash-talking the flick to Jon Stewart, the actor assures viewers of R-rated laughs. "Here's what I'm going to promise you, is that while it is a tired - some would say, pleasantly familiar - premise...our obligation is to please you post-switch."

Bateman’s co-star Ryan Reynolds has been pulling the same shenanigans. In an expletive-laced promo, Reynolds entices viewers: "Body switching is a pretty stupid f---g idea, but the movie's funny. If they go, they'll laugh their d-– off."

Whatever the actors’ angle, so far critics agree that “The Change-Up” is not good. According to movie review site Rotten Tomatoes, at the time of this post only 22 percent of reviewers found it "fresh."

1. Jaysus

wait...everyone is missing the most important piece of this article. ryan reynolds said filmgoers would "laugh their d– off"! is mr. reynolds implying that only those of us with d–s will go see this movie? for shame sir! also, what does he mean by "off"?

August 16, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Aman

I watched this segment. He was kidding. You are taking everything that was said completely out of context. This is a sad manipulation of what actually happened – include a link to the video so people can decide for themselves.

August 10, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jason b.

Yes!!!!! Jason was kidding when he said "garbage". You f...ing moron!!!!!

August 5, 2011 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Mary

I love dem jig-a-boos! Dem jig-a-boos, dem jig-a-boos. I really want a jig-a-boo!! I love dem jig-a-boos!

August 5, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mary

Mary, Mary, quite contrary...how does that bushy garden grow? Do you trim it or just let it flow? Do you need to mow? How about sum blow? Does dat turn you into a ho? Let's show dem pho's what go-in down!

August 5, 2011 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. Shawn

I be a flamin fairy. Nobody cares about what number I am, 99, 105, 69(with a dude). I just wanna plug dat corn-holio. Any gayboyz wanna play? I can come out of mommy's basement and we can hit it! Let's schlob da knob!!

August 5, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. madhater

I iz gonna take Mary and slam her pooper with my big ol sausage!! She be ready for da madhater and beggin for more man goo – da salty spoo!! Toss me your digits and we can make this happen. Let's party down!!

August 5, 2011 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  8. Mary

I am a lezbo and I love da butch dy-kos. They really make me hot! I just wanna put on da strap-on monster meat stick and pump dem hairy freaks in da keister! Let's pump it up.

August 5, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  9. Neighbor

You iz all gay fruits. I just wanna pump you in da poop chute and get down and get bizzy!! Bend over and I will pump da plump rump with my little stump!!

August 5, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. turd fergussen

Must be my time cause I'm 169.

August 5, 2011 at 8:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. ##

I feel so alive, when I'm number 145

August 5, 2011 at 7:40 am | Report abuse |
  12. Melissa

I got to see it last Wednesday. I can see why critics hate it. However, I laughed nearly throughout the entire movie. The humor is crude and even offensive at times, but funny nonetheless. If you want a deep and meaningful movie, this obviously isn't it. If you want to laugh for a couple of hours, then give it a shot.

August 5, 2011 at 7:08 am | Report abuse |
  13. good movie

good movie. who dont like it go make your own movie and let's see how that turns out. bunch of critics is all i see. thumbs up to a good movie

August 5, 2011 at 6:46 am | Report abuse |
  14. David V

Fairies!

August 5, 2011 at 6:25 am | Report abuse |
  15. melody

I actually saw this movie as a sneak preview it was the first time that the characters acted the way any normal person would. Not to mention was very funny I highly recommend this to any one who needs a good laugh will deliver.

August 5, 2011 at 3:15 am | Report abuse |
  16. shawn

im feeling fine im 109!

August 5, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  17. Mary

It sounds like most of the comments on this site are from children, isn't past your bedtime? Most immature, idiotic comments ever, now go back to watching Jersey Shore or some other form of stupidity and shut up. Now, I'm sure your maturity will begin by doing some more bashing about my comment. Whatever gets you through the day.......

August 5, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  18. its5oclocksomewhere

He was on a show called the hogans family his sister is justine bateman from family ties and I wanna say he was in teen wolf or something he's still a hottie!!!

August 5, 2011 at 2:02 am | Report abuse |
  19. Bill

This article is ridiculous. It was a funny, sarcastic comment made by a comedian on a show built around funny, sarcastic comments. And the reporter completely misses the context. Stupid writer.

August 5, 2011 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  20. rEagar4000

I think I'm dumber for reading this chain of posts

August 4, 2011 at 11:11 pm | Report abuse |
  21. madhater

Extract was good

August 4, 2011 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Peacefulguy

Now I've got to see this movie. When the actor says, "this film is just great" it really means it's a dog, but hearing that this movie is just crap must mean this is a work of art. That Bateman is one smart cookie.

August 4, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Alex

I find Jason Bateman to be a good guy, solid actor, but bland. I think he needs to try to step out of that good guy role, boring role, and aim for something with some more edge.

August 4, 2011 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Marie

I so wanna have JB's babies...Wow.

August 4, 2011 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Huli925

Wow, the Daily Show interview was taken totally out of context (and Jason Bateman was quite funny in it). Bad reporting... I guess you cant trust the info on this website...

August 4, 2011 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Scamtannehill

I watched the interview on the Daily Show and you totally took his comment out of context. It was not a statement but an off the cuff banter with John Stewart. CNN be careful this sort of reporting is for Murdoch's drones over at FOX.

August 4, 2011 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bateman

Trying to keep the posts alive, I'm 105!

August 4, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  28. a

fo shiz in the niz

August 4, 2011 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Van

This is a BLATANTLY misleading story! I watched the Daily Show and he was joking with Jon Stewart after a remark Jon made.

August 4, 2011 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. JC

Its because hollywood is so inbred like a bunch of southern rednecks that they can't come up with an original idea, no correction, they won't let an original idea hit the screen unless is from someone in the "family". Lame. Body change script. the best they could do ? I like bateman but I would not even waste change on netflix or a rental.....

August 4, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Joe in Pittsburgh

But he's not wrong. And Reynolds could be referring to not only this movie but the complete failure that was "Green Lantern."

August 4, 2011 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  32. mickeymo

Yes, he's garbage. He's the guy which was ushered in in front of a huge line at the AT&T store so he could get his IPhone 3 without waiting. What a jerk-wad.

August 4, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luis

The baby stepmother one had me pieeng in my pants! I'm still laughing.My nephew wears a contact and he's 5. His vision in one eye is really, really bad, so he only has to wear one to make it stronger or something. It doesn't seem to bother him.

August 12, 2012 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  33. JERSEYTOMATO

Best movies ever: Attack of the Killer Tomatoes and Fried Green Tomatoes. – JERSEYTOMATO 2012

August 4, 2011 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |
  34. 30express

Feelin fine. I'm # 99

August 4, 2011 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Johnjon

Jason, I love honesty. I won't pay $12.00 to see it................. but I might spend .99 on it just to see Ryan Reynolds. Oh, and you're pretty cute too.

August 4, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  36. newtonfig

uh... anyone see Arrested Development, one of the best comedy shows in TV history? Bateman was brilliant in that show. He is one of the funniest comedy actors in hollywood

August 4, 2011 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  37. bndsbafbdisa

Saw this movie twice already, way way better than those Godfather movies everyone talks about so much (boring)...I can't believe he doesn't like it? maybe it's because he was in the film so he can't see it from an outsider's perspective.I laughed so hard!!!! LoL.

August 4, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Big A

two words, RED BOX

August 4, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. 3 Dog Mama

Looking at the commercials, I have to agree with him. Stupid flick.

August 4, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Jakey

LOL. Yeah, I already knew a yet...another...body-switch comedy coming out in August was probably not going to be good, but this is a refreshing confirmation. Too bad they didn't go all Bill Cosby in 'Leonard Part 6' and warn people not to see it.

August 4, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  41. kay

It was silly. Its all just a bit too silly.

August 4, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  42. dave

That movie looks gay. I won't go see it. Hollywood has no fresh ideas. I'm just surprised it isn't in 3d.

August 4, 2011 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Jason_fan

I don't care whether it's funny or not. Jason is a hottie, so I'll be watching the movie either way. :)

August 4, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  44. theAntiELVIS

How many times has this movie been made? Let's see – the last time it was good was "Big" with Tom Hanks?

August 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  45. mickeymo

Trash movie from a trash actor.

August 4, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Walkus23

Jason Bateman's father made one of the best movies ever "The Headless Eyes" in 1971.

August 4, 2011 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  47. CaliMafia

Who is Jason Baitman and why do we care?

August 4, 2011 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barneyjake

He was the married guy in JUNO. I've always though he was a good actor. Better than a lot of others out there, for sure!

August 4, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  48. J

Please don't take excerpts from interviews and spin them in another direction. He was kidding when he said it. Way to take something out of context and make it sound like he said something else. The media is garbage especially the entertainment media.

August 4, 2011 at 6:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • PondHawk

Thank you! I saw the interview with Jon Stewart. He was being JOKING!

August 4, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Rick Springfield

GIGO.

August 4, 2011 at 6:52 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Stu

Tell us something we don't know, Justine. Garbage is probably being a little kind, actually.

August 4, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Lenny

Look it's still fun...I'm 91!

August 4, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  52. heliocracy

I just need to know how one becomes a movie studio executive when they're so tragically stupid as to hear the pitch for this movie and think to themselves, "yeah, that's a great, fresh idea! It'll definitely make millions, we should do it!"

August 4, 2011 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  53. JOHN

I've said it before I'll say it again.

The police depts throughout America are completely out-of-control.

This new incident in Fullerton Ca is becoming the norm. A confrontation with police results in the death of another American. And we just stand around videotaping while a man is beaten to death by cops.

Isn't this what they do in Syria? Iraq? Saudi Arabia?

August 4, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gustavo

I tell my teen & her friends to send chain spam to me when they get them . I have no qulams about using the big finger of delete Frac is right that they do get worried about will happen if they don't pass them on.. so this is a soluion for them

August 11, 2012 at 1:55 am | Report abuse |
  54. Scott

I'm assuming that most of you dumb mothfu*kers probably haven't even seen the movie, but yet still feel the need to comment... go see it... it's fu*king hilarious! The premise of the movie (body switching) is old, and has been done many times before... but this flick was about as funny as Old School...and that's sayiong a lot. Get a clue dumb a*ses!

August 4, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Savikain

Wow.... this article was taken WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY out of context. Anyone who actually saw The Daily Show knows it was said sarcastically.... CNN.com needs to ease up on the tabloid gossip reports

August 4, 2011 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  56. rsjacksonus

If he hated this movie so much then why did he make it? Oh...wait...for money and name recognition. Well this ain't no "Teen Wolf 2" but you never know...it might be...it might be...watchable.

August 4, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Lisa

If it is Jason Bateman it can not be crap. I just adore him. He is my number one celebrity crush has and always will be!

August 4, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Dave

I guess sarcasm is lost on the author of this article. Way to go, great reporting!!

Hint, that last part is sarcasm.

August 4, 2011 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Howdy Doody

I like this guy but I don't believe for a second that this isn't a studio marketing idea. Chuck Sheehan is about the only real guy in H-Wood (the only real fresh air I have seen out of that town in over a decade has been that guy's antics – which is why we are supposed to hate him now).

August 4, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  60. tony

jason batemen should be glad he has any roles at all, he is a B actor.he knew what the script was befofe he started the movie.

August 4, 2011 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Mikel

I'm surprised Reynolds would even be involved in this train wreck.....

August 4, 2011 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  62. tony

jason batemen should be glad he has any roles at all, he is a B actor.

August 4, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  63. nuno blizness

Get 2 Free AMC Silver Movie Tickets

or

August 4, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Mr.Sunshine

Rotten Tomatoes is an absolute garbage site. Nothing said there is worth the bandwidth wasted on it.

August 4, 2011 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Mr.Sunshine

Saw the interview, the garbage comment was clearly a joke. Only a complete moron would think otherwise.

August 4, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Imre

Please help me with these art history qutonises, I answered some of them but aren't sure about the others pls1. (2 pts.) Which part of ancient Egypt was considered “Lower” and which was considered “Upper”?Answer: The northern part was Lower and the southern part was upper.2. (2 pts.) According to the course text, what dates do historians trace the beginning and end of ancient Egyptian civilization?Answer: 3100 BCE to 332 BCE3. (2 pts.) Why did you look at artwork from only the Old, Middle, and New Kingdoms of Egyptian history and not the “Intermediate periods”?Answer: Because the artwork from the Old, Middle and New kingdoms were so expanitory as to how the Egyptian society was and how it changed. It showed how they lived, their beliefs, and what they felt about different things.Refer to the “Metropolitan Museum of Art: Egyptian Art in the Age of the Pyramids” Web site to answer qutonises 4–6. (This link can be found in the middle of page 2 in Lesson 1. Click on “Old Kingdom Art.”)4. (2 pts.) Pyramid complexes included not only the pyramid itself, but also what?Answer: It also included the tombs inside and the stories that its contents told.5. (2 pts.) What is used as an indicator of an individual's status in Egyptian statues and relief carvings of people?Answer: The size of the statue and what the statue is made of is an indicator of a person’s status.6. (3 pts.) Who did not have decorated tombs in ancient Egypt, and where do images of them appear instead?Refer to the “Carnegie Museum of Natural History” Web site to answer qutonises 7 and 8. (This link can be found at the bottom of page 2 in Lesson 1. Click on “Chronology of Ancient Egypt.”)7. (2 pts.) How did the Egyptians interpret natural occurrences?8. (3 pts.) What three things would assure a successful afterlife?Lesson 2 Questions9. (2 pts.) What was the purpose of the pyramids?10. (2 pts.) Pharaohs were not only considered earthly rulers, but what else?11. (4 pts.) Who built the first pyramid? Who designed the first pyramid? Where was it built and what kind of structure was it?12. (3 pts.) What was the subject matter of tomb paintings in ancient Egypt?Refer to the Writing as Art: Hieroglyphics” Web site to answer qutonises 14 and 15.(This link can be found at the bottom of p.1 in Lesson 2. Click on ancient Egyptian hieroglyphics. )13. (2 pts.) What are the two kinds of hieroglyphic signs?14. (2 pts.) What is the name of the famous stele that helped to break the code of hieroglyphics?Lesson 3 Question15. (4 pts.) What is an obelisk?Lesson 4 Questions16. (3 pts.) How did Hatshepsut have herself portrayed in sculptures, carvings, and paintings after she became pharaoh?17. (2 pts.) How did Hatshepsut become a pharaoh?18. (3 pts.) Hatshepsut was totally erased from history until 1903. Why?19. (3 pts.) Why is the reign of Akhenatun so significant?20. (3 pts.) Why is Tutenkhamun so well known?21. (4 pts.) Ramesses is considered a great spin-doctor. What does that mean and what was one of Ramesses’ greatest spins ?Task 2 (20 possible points)Answer the following qutonises in paragraph form.1. (10 pts.) Describe the main differences between the Amarna style and the traditional style of ancient Egyptian art.2. (10 pts.) Most ancient Egyptian art was created for spiritual reasons, although a lot of Egyptian artwork was commissioned by pharaohs (particularly Hatshepsut and Ramesses) for another very different purpose. Identify that other purpose and provide specific examples of artwork that exemplify this.Task 3 (25 possible points)Refer to the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s “Looking at Ancient Egyptian Art” Web site to complete Task 3. (This link can be found on the bottom of page 2 in Lesson 2. Click on Looking at Egyptian Art. )Below is a list of formal art qualities from the Looking at Ancient Egyptian Art Web site. Please write a sentence or two in your own words describing how the Egyptians applied that principle, quality, or technique to their own artworks. 1. (3 pts.) Balance and Symmetry2. (3 pts.) Proportion3. (2 pts.) Geometry4. (3 pts.) Point of View5. (3 pts.) Scale6. (2 pts.) Naturalistic Details7. (2 pts.) Depicting Animals8. (2 pts.) Color9. (2 pts.) Surface Contrasts10. (3 pts.) Pose and Gesture

August 14, 2012 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  66. rob

I watched the daily show last night, and Bateman said this in the most joking manner possible. He didn't seriously mean it. Doesn't mean he doesnt think it, but just goes to show that the media is lame enough to take a word as a word with no context.

August 4, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  67. OscorpAgent

I have always loved Jason! Ryan is an 'eh' character to me. Sometimes i love his movies ("waiting") sometimes I dont.

August 4, 2011 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  68. itsamemario

@sos right behind ya on that one. im personally waiting for a good zombie/vampire movie where humans are trapped between both. also Attack the Block is freakin baaad go see this..moving on, mush team mush..

August 4, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  69. lolarites

Jason, I appreciate the heads up, but I already knew that.

August 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Tzckrl

No. 65! Hail, yeah!

August 4, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  71. suckitup

wana know what was funny? hop-ons... now that was funny

August 4, 2011 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  72. be

47 I'm in heaven

August 4, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  73. 41

the fun is yet to begun Im forty-one.

August 4, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  74. herrsonic

Isn't he the guy in Growing Pains when he was a kid?

August 4, 2011 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  75. SoS

I should write scripts for movies. Seriously, I have several penned out that would be thought-provoking, and best of all "original".

Which is more than I say for the ambition-less drivel coming from Hollywood nowadays.

August 4, 2011 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Jye

This comment thread is going great, guess I'm number 38!

August 4, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  77. rtbrno65

I'm ready to burst because I'm 41st.

August 4, 2011 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Ralph in Orange Park, FL

And I thought it was going to be an Oscar-winning classic. Oh, the disappointment!

August 4, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Kris

Who the hell is Jason Bateman and why does anybody care???

August 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Me Too

Eleventy bazillionth post! Yeah baby!

August 4, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Geezer

When I saw the billboard I knew it was crap. This concept has been reshashed a couple of dozen times too many.

August 4, 2011 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Fake John Mica

Ryan Reynolds sounds like a real "d-uche"

August 4, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Beer Drinker

The changing body movie has been done way too many times.

August 4, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  84. FreshAsADaisy

Fresh? Who the heck is looking for a movie to be "fresh"? I want my deodorant to be fresh, I want a movie to be entertaining. Pretty hard to come up with a different plot line these days.

August 4, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Bosses

Horrible Bosses was a EXCELLENT movie, easily the funniest this year. I hear Bridesmaids is decent too.

August 4, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bosses

Oh and Charlie Day stole the show, Aniston swore like a sailor.

August 4, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Breath

unless you're a chick or enjoy a 1 lighthearted chuckle every 30 minutes during a film, I wouldn't recommend bridesmaids

August 4, 2011 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

"Bridesmaids" was mostly boring, and when it wasn't boring it was disgusting.

August 4, 2011 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

I thoroughly enjoyed both. I am a chic (full disclosure), but Horrible Bosses KICKED a**, funnies movie of the year, by far.

August 16, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  86. SPARKY

Dude, anything you were ever in was garbage. Tell us something we don't know

August 4, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Dorian

Apparently Lopez doesn't understand sarcasm. I saw the interview, Bateman was joking around with Stewart.

August 4, 2011 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  88. JS

2 talentless actors resorting to tricks to get people to see their self proclaiming 'garbage.' Those are tricks that would only work on the moron boys (16 and under) who can't even get in the R rated movie. I hope it fails BIG TIME, deservedly so.

August 4, 2011 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • stejo

Reynolds is ok, but Bateman – talentless? Who do you consider talented?

August 4, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • FactCheck

Jason Bateman's movies average around $60 million. Meanwhile, you are stuck in your cubicle envying that red stapler (a la Office Space). Guess which one is a loser?

August 4, 2011 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • sam

@factcheck: jason bateman.

oh wait, you consider income to be the sole deciding factor in whether or not someone is a loser?

well in that case it's a tie. jason bateman and yourself.

August 7, 2011 at 10:52 pm | Report abuse |
  89. The Biggest TURD of a movie was FIREPROOF

Guys never watch this movie and never watch it with a broad.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

August 4, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Katy

It was a very stupid movie – I saw it earlier this week in an early screening.

August 4, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  91. RIckRoll

Yea this was a great flick when I saw it in 1987
    Like Father Like Son

Then again in 2003
    Freaky Friday
    I guess those were so great they are doing it again?

August 4, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  92. The Biggest TURD of a movie was FIREPROOF

Guys never watch this movie and never watch it with a broad.

August 4, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

He's the Green Lantern. ;)

August 4, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • TicTacTash

So you're saying don't watch it with your mom...

August 4, 2011 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • OMG FIREPROOF ...

F*** Fireproof. I hate that movie with every ounce of myself. Worst "couples date night" my wife and I had ever had... We didn't pick the movie, but once it started i couldn't stop making sarcastic comments every 5 seconds for the following 2 hours! it was dreadful.

August 4, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Lil_Sha

Oh shoooooooo.... I'm actually 22 :(

August 4, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Lil_Sha

This movie will make me bust a seam... oh, and ps... I'm eighteen!

August 4, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  95. TicTacTash

I am number 21, I think I'll go and lick a bun.

August 4, 2011 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  96. wr

Ryan Reynolds? Who's that? Is he related to Burt?

August 4, 2011 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  97. huh?

sarcasm anyone?

August 4, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Hehehe

For the first time EVER, these comments are actually making me laugh and are spot on – and NONE of them have to do with the article.

August 4, 2011 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  99. boocat

He was kidding.....duh!

August 4, 2011 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  100. moJo

I I think context plays a HUGE roll here. He was on The Daily Show. THE DAILY SHOW. I'm guessing the author of this article doesn't know about sarcasm.

August 4, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mojo dumbo

...just as you don't know about spelling. Role. ROLE. Not "roll." ROLE.

August 16, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Beautiful Vixen

Lol..you guys are nuts.

August 4, 2011 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  102. D

Wow, apparently nobody appreciates self-deprecating humor or sarcasm anymore.

August 4, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  103. lvreader

I thought I was 10, when 11 was the real win!

August 4, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  104. T. Urdburglar

I'll write this down with a pen, because I'm number ten!

August 4, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Scooby doo

Rhut Rhoo, nine

August 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  106. jujubeans

I hate being number eight

August 4, 2011 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  107. A.D.

I get to go to heaven just cause I am number seven!

August 4, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  108. Ben

Let's see if he ends up buying the TV rights to make sure it'll never appear on TV, like Bill Cosby did with Leonard Part 6.

August 4, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick Springfield

Hey, Leonard Part 6 is very underrated. I loved it especially the scene where is daughter is in a play. But the best scene was the Porsche 928 gets turning into a tank. You can't knock that creativity. I would love for there to be a Leonard Part 7. But Cosby will probably never make another movie.

August 4, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Don

If you're comfortable wrnieag leather shoes, wear them. I wouldn't wear them, but that's my choice. I'm lucky that a local shop sells a good range of synthetic shoes, and there's plenty on eBay too if you're able to buy from there. If you do decide to buy leather shoes, try to avoid Italian leather footwear. They source the leather in India and the cows are treated horrifically before and during slaughter.

August 12, 2012 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Louie

That was a stupid move on his part. He is not a major head liner anymore. Making comments like that won't get him work. Look what happened to Charlie Sheen.

August 4, 2011 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • shawn

1. He was NEVER a major headliner and his career is actually the best it's ever been.
      2. This is obviously staged...everything is staged in hollywood. If they both are talking trash like this then it's part of the marketing, duh.
      3. He knew it would be a stupid movie with a payday...how special are you expecting a movie about body switching to be? That's like taking a job as a janitor and then complaining about the trash...you only complain sincerely when you had high hopes for something special and the company or director messes it up...

Ugh...I cannot believe people like you vote...

August 4, 2011 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Walter

"Major headliner anymore??" Bateman was never a major headliner.

August 4, 2011 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • drome

you are all embarrassing. do not breed.

August 4, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

Bateman has been doing some writing and directing in addition to acting, mostly in indie films and not the big "blockbusters" that the studios crank out. The fact that he and Reynolds are both panning the film, even in a fun tongue-in-cheek way, says to me that they are realists and willing to admit that sometimes an actor takes a job for the pay more than for the sake of the art.

August 4, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherry

I saw the interview and he wasn't saying it seriously. He was joking around about it with John Stewart. I think the reporter in this story worked for the National Enquirer previously. Take it out of context and run with it!

August 4, 2011 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brotherboy

Was he EVER famous?

August 4, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jim

Watch the clip – he was saying it over the top and sarcastic because he was put on the spot to say something about the movie. This websites editors need to drag people in to their site so they created this headline as if he was tlaking trash about the movie.

August 4, 2011 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  110. portalpunk

I'm soooo blue, because I'm number two.....

August 4, 2011 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • ziggy stardust

Yes indeed, number 2. How appropriate. No argument here.

August 4, 2011 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • LK2

Just by seeing the previews, I wouldn't waste my time. DUMB is right! And Ryan, nice potty mouth there! I'd hate to hear you OFF the censorship. You're a turn off, and I don't think you're "all that", either.

August 4, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • witz00

I saw a sneak review and actually thought it was hilarious. Not that the idea hasnt been done before, but there is some pretty funny stuff in there

August 4, 2011 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Jerome

here, bite down on this towel

August 4, 2011 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  112. ewww

I think he said 'fisties'

August 4, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |