Laurence Fishburne is 'Man of Steel's' Perry White
August 3rd, 2011

Laurence Fishburne is 'Man of Steel's' Perry White

Now we know what Laurence Fishburne will be up to since he's departed "CSI" - the actor is headed for Zack Snyder's  "Man of Steel."

According to Entertainment Weekly, Fishburne has landed the part of Perry White, the old-school editor-in-chief of the Daily Planet, a.k.a. the boss of Lois and Clark. As we reported earlier, Amy Adams landed the role of Lois Lane, and Henry Cavill will be starring as your Superman.

Production on the movie is expected to begin this fall, with the movie arriving June 14, 2013.

Filed under: Casting Chronicles • movies

1. anita

Hello dearest, my name is ms anita.
    Nice to meet and hope to make a wonderful friendship with you because i
    Hope we shall also meet in Heaven Where friendship never ends.so therefore write to me [ anitadeby79@yahoo.co.uk] more about your hobbies directly because i have something very very important and fundamental to share with you and also i will send you my photos, also i strongly believe that A precious friend is hard to find, difficult to leave, and impossible to forget.” thanks once again and waiting for your soonest reply
    kiss from [ anitadeby79@yahoo.co.uk ] hug for Love.

August 17, 2011 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |
  2. Wolvereams

hopefully this will be the first good modern superman depiction, because the last one made really sucked and disappointed me -.- i do agree the skinny superman is a little insulting, but hopefully he pulls it off better than were expecting xP

August 6, 2011 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  3. K-man

The only thing I am actually upset about is Amy Adams. No matter what movie she's been in as soon as I see her it immediately decreases my interest in the show. I really think Rachel McAdams would've been the perfect choice buuuuuuuuut I guess they'll just have to wait till the next Superman movie to make that upgrade :)

August 4, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  4. K-Man

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I friggen LOVE Superman!!! The Man of Steel is the man for this chick :D

August 4, 2011 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. richard

loving comic books as much as i have in my lifetime, I don't and do see the problem with this. Mr Fishburne will be perfect as he is in any acting role he takes on. I cant say that this is a bad choice because the Kingpin in DAREDEVIL was supposed to be white, played by Michal Clarke Duncan..hardly anyone griped about that.....which leads me to think...and im not accusing anyone either....is it only acceptable for an originally white character be played by an african american actor provided the character is a VILLIAN??

August 4, 2011 at 7:05 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jefferson Washington

Where is Jack Black in all this?

August 4, 2011 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  7. Brent

Perry White debuted in a Superman Comic in 1940... no sh!t he was white....

There were hardly any black people at all in comics in 1940.

August 3, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Angel

This movie just seems terrible in all ways to me. And whats up with the skinny model playing Superman? Terrible.

August 3, 2011 at 7:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Superhiro

Agreed. The guy playing Superman is questionable, using Zod as a main villain again is lame, Kevin "Movie Killer" Costner is in the film. Not looking too promising based on that.

August 3, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Happy Unicorn

Oh gee, great, another superman movie

August 3, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • superman

I agree. It's absurd...

August 4, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • HamsterDancer

Why can't there be another Superman movie? How many Tarzan movies have there been? How many Sherlock Holmes movies? You can keep making them (hopefully making them good) for as long as the public is willing to pay to see them.

August 4, 2011 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  10. makeba

Awesome...cant wait for that.

August 3, 2011 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |