'House' adds two new cast members
August 3rd, 2011

'House' adds two new cast members

After the departure of Lisa Edelstein (and the fact that in-demand Olivia Wilde is once again a part-time cast member this season), "House" is adding two new female cast members to the series for its eighth season. (Spoilers for the new season below!)

After House rammed his car into Cuddy's home, and fled the continental U.S., the new season finds him in prison, where he will reportedly meet a doctor played by Odette Annable, according to Deadline.

Annable is best known for starring in last season's shortlived Fox series "Breaking In" (though reports continue to surface that the show could still return if new Fox series don't take off this season). Annable confirmed the casting on Twitter, saying, "Having the best time so far, so stay tuned!"

Then a more unusual casting was reported by EW.com and confirmed by executive producer Greg Yaitanes: comic actress Charlyne Yi, whose best known roles were in "Knocked Up" and "Paper Heart," will play a young doctor this season. (She's also a favorite guest on "Conan.")

It will be interesting to see how Yi tackles a dramatic role.

Still unknown is which character will take on Cuddy's role as House's boss (assuming House gets his job back in the first place).

What do you think of the cast changes? Will you watch the new season? Share your view below.

1. Vonnie

I love Miss Yi. She acts like a new doctor among the know it alls. I know because I am a nurse. She could be a twin for my granddaughter. Would love to have her autograph. I love the House show. Wanted to be an actress but kids laughed at me, so thanks for doing a great job everyone. I will soon be 75. Thanks so much.

January 30, 2012 at 11:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. GLORIA

Not liking the new girls. Yi has to go!

December 22, 2011 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. judy

Not liking the new girl Yi.....she sounds like a child that is trying to act!! She can not act...I can't watch the show anymore with her on it !! Sorry use to love house...but can't take her!

November 21, 2011 at 10:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. gia

i want 13 back full time!!!!!!!buit i do love the the new oriental one. i also want a nother love interest for Dr. "silver fox" House!

November 11, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Lp

Charlyne yi is going to ruin the show

SHE CAN'T ACT! Get rid of her!

October 31, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • judy

OMG!!! i sooooo agree with you!! she can not act...I can't stand watching the show with her on it!!!

November 21, 2011 at 10:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Amanda

I can't wait for [H]OUSE to return on Oct. 3rd. HUGH LAURIE is AMAZING!!!!

August 3, 2011 at 11:00 pm | Report abuse |
  7. No more House

Last season's finale put the nail in the coffin for me. There is no redemption after that, especially without Cuddy. Producers' apologism for domestic violence was outrageous and shameful, they just don't get it.

August 3, 2011 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Sam

I started watching the show less when Cameron left and stopped watching it for good about two shows after House started banging Cuddy. Even though that storyline is for all practical purposes done with the departure of Lisa Edelstein this show simply does not hold any interest for me.

August 3, 2011 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  9. CC

I'm out........they turned a somewhat troubled, but brilliant, smart ass character into a drug addicted/shameless loser with no morals..........the show is no longer "fun/interesting"..........now it's just "depressing"........which is too bad because I really enjoyed the show when it first came out.....

August 3, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Denizen Kate

I enjoyed the first season and part of the second, but since then House has become the proverbial "one trick pony" in that every episode is the same – someone nearly dies from some needlessly complicated set of symptoms, and House is a relentless azzhole who's only redeeming quality is his brilliant diagnostic skill. Bored now.

August 3, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  11. lazy man

I didn't read the story but I did look at the picture. So I can only assume that the old chinese man on the right murdered the hot young chick on the left.

August 3, 2011 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Jess

Bring back Amber Tamblyn.

August 3, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

shut up please. every time i saw her i wanted to eat a cheesburger and throw it up on myself then re-eat itjust to again throw it up.

September 1, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  13. KT

Sweet!! I love Charlyne, so funny. Don't care about the other girl, but I am definitely sad to see Lisa go :( looking forward to the new season.

August 3, 2011 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Linda

Used to be one of the best shows on television. Shame how they reduced it to drivel with the same old same old. Not watching again. Sad.

August 3, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  15. tracie

Stephen, there is nothing wrong with me. I just like sniffing butts.

August 3, 2011 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  16. DON DENNIS

WILL NOT WATCH, SHOW JUMPED THE SHARK A COUPLE OF YEARS AGO

August 3, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Peace

Of course I'll watch House, I love that arrogant @ss! :)

August 3, 2011 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

woot! can't wait. i wish i could say half the crap he tells people.

September 1, 2011 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Woody Allen

I like the girl on the right

August 3, 2011 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Stephen

What is wrong with you? Why do you keep saying this?

August 3, 2011 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |