Craig Ferguson, Kristen Bell take Paris by storm
August 3rd, 2011

Craig Ferguson, Kristen Bell take Paris by storm

When Craig Ferguson wanted to take his "Late Late Show" on the road, (so the story goes, anyway) CBS told him he could only bring one other person with him, and it couldn't be shot on a set.

So Ferguson made lemons out of lemonade and went to Paris, France, with his all-time favorite guest, "Forgetting Sarah Marshall" actress Kristen Bell, as well as robotic sidekick "Geoff Peterson."

The result of the trip overseas has been airing all this week. So far, we've seen Ferguson and Bell tour the Eiffel Tower, eat with French action star Jean Reno, and walk the streets of Paris with comedian Eddie Izzard.

"We don't have a studio, we don't have any lighting, but that never stopped us in America and it's not going to stop us here!" Ferguson said while shooting there back in June.

Not only is it a first for a late-night American show to be shot in "The City of Light," but "Le Late Late Show avec Craig Ferguson" has been easily the most memorable (and at times, bizarre) on-location talk show since Conan O'Brien visited Finland five years ago.

It all leads up to Friday night's grand finale, where Ferguson performs at the famous "Moulin Rouge."

Check out a highlight from Monday night's show below, where Ferguson and Bell spy his horse "Secretariat" roaming the streets of Paris.

« Previous entry
  1. Nickolase Frimannn

Hello there, just became alert to your blog through Google, and found that it's truly informative. I am going to watch out for brussels. I’ll be grateful if you continue this in future. A lot of people will be benefited from your writing. Cheers!

July 12, 2012 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  2. Suncatcher

Personally, I think Craig Ferguson is the funniest man since Johnny Carson. The Paris trip is a hoot.

August 4, 2011 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ana L

Craig is a funny dood

August 4, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. The Måd Råp3r

I miss Kilby but Ferguson is pretty funny.

August 4, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  5. mejazzbo

Easily the most fun show on TV. I don't stay up that late but I do record and watch with breakfast. Nothing like starting the day with a good laugh. The Paris episodes seem a little slow. It seems like he is holding back in view of cultural differences of a Parisian street audience. This week is more like a travel log. I am looking forward to the friday night show.

August 4, 2011 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  6. boocat

I like Ferguson but to me the best part of the show is just looking at Paris. It's the most beautiful city I have ever been to and now I want to go back!! Thanks Craig.

August 4, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  7. alecia

Jennifer if you need a break that includes sticking it to the man and you have a couple of hours, LAW ABIDING CITIZEN fills the bill for me. Plus Gerard Butler is nice to look at.

August 4, 2011 at 3:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. Jennifer

I didn't like Geoff at first, but he's become the highlight of the show. They really should come out with a book with his best sayings. I love the show, period, but wish Craig would dump the "mouth organ" and "glittery ball." The awkward pause is ok, but I think the others are just silly, imo. Of course, Craig is silly – hope to watch the show in person one of these days as we don't live that far. Betty White is my fav guest. Plus it's nice to get a break from all the political monologues of the rest of the late night guys. Need a laugh these days!

August 4, 2011 at 2:34 am | Report abuse |
  9. Niles

@Anna – I can see your you know what. BTW, Craig is the funniest man on TV in America....no doubt!

August 3, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Anna

Peeing on person below

August 3, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hollyworld

I think more people watch these two then Ferguson. And he has a network show..they don't?

August 4, 2011 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |