Heidi and Spencer Pratt: We made some mistakes
August 2nd, 2011

Heidi and Spencer Pratt: We made some mistakes

Former stars of “The Hills” Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt now wish they could take back their fame-hungry antics.

Perhaps better known as “Speidi," the two skyrocketed to dubious fame in 2006 with MTV’s faux-reality show “The Hills.” But soon they were in over their heads with photo shoots and publicity stunts, and around 2009 things started winding down.

And according to the Daily Beast, they're now broke and living at Spencer's parents' beach house.

As their celebrity started to veer left of the spotlight, the duo admits they played into fake tabloid stories about their relationship. “We’ve never even been apart,” Heidi says of their breakup plot lines. “We got so deep with how many storylines we had to do to continue the machine,” Spencer adds.

As for the money, they say it went out as quickly as it came in. “My whole million-dollar wardrobe — I would never wear that again,” says Spencer. “They’re props. Everything we were doing, we were buying props. I bought a big blue monster truck just to drive it on 'The Hills' for an episode. Never drove it again.”

And of course, there were Heidi’s many surgeries. “Obviously I wish I didn’t do it,” she now says of her multiple rounds of over 13 procedures, including a chin reduction, a brow lift, buttock augmentation, and breast implants.

Family issues were also stirred up by their bid for fame. Spencer claims a producer on the show tried to coax him into punching his sister in the face for “that Snooki effect” (a.k.a., the ratings boost “Jersey Shore” got when Snooki was punched). Heidi, meanwhile, no longer speaks to her family. (Her support system consists of Spencer and her puppies, she says.)

“We were living each other’s mistakes," Spencer says of the whole reality star experience. "[E]verything we were doing, in retrospect, was a mistake...What we learned is: You can be too famous.”

Yet and still, Spencer admits, “If they called me right now and said, ‘We want you to be on 'Jersey Shoreand be a bully, and we’ll bring your paycheck back,’ I’d say, ‘Get me on a plane to Italy.’ ”

1. Mark

Boo Hoo

What a couple of tools.

August 26, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. pinkfloyd

Are these 2 loser still around, she is hot and he is a total JERK!

August 9, 2011 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Rebecca

Two no talent hack losers! Why are they even in the news?

August 5, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  4. chana

i cant believe they are even together still and that she totally cut her family off.... these two def belong together so full of themselves hope they jump off a cliff waste of space these two ugh smh.

August 5, 2011 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  5. Leroy

Spencer the biggest mistake was that you and Heidi were born.

August 4, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  6. brathead

I am so glad to hear that they are broke and I can only hope this is true and not another publicity stunt. All of you poor retards souls in Hollywood, don't give them any more offers. They deserve everything that they get. I have never liked them but what sealed the deal for me was when they were on I'm a celebrity get me out of here and they were playing for charity and said they were too good for that. Who is too good to contribute to charity? Both of them are hideous creatures and I wish they would stop getting their faces on TV. They make me want to barf!

August 4, 2011 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kay

He has got to be the ugliest guy Ive ever seen.

August 4, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ashleygunter

They aren't just stupid but are really bad examples to young people; so full of themselves..... http://bit.ly/oRXjQW

August 4, 2011 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  9. Wendy

They're broke? I have to admit this made me laugh. They're so full of themselves.

August 3, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  10. seleena

Heidi Montag’s Life After The Fame, Rights And Mistakes http://t.co/N3SF2mh

August 3, 2011 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  11. Howard

I'm a lawyer! No i do not like your nuts

August 3, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  12. alright already

Do you think Spencer would stand still for a minute, while I ask Atlas to take our picture The man is a genius. Also i like the cotton in the candy. Do you like my nuts?

August 3, 2011 at 2:51 am | Report abuse |
  13. Tara

I wish I was so broke that I had to live in my dads' beach house wait a minute!my dad doesn't have a beach house matter of fact not counting the war (Vietnam I don't think he's ever been to a beach.

August 3, 2011 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  14. Evel Knievel

That boy doesn't have a forehead, he's got a fivehead.

August 3, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  15. itsamemario

@fernace everything is better in a beach house, even exile..

August 2, 2011 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Does anyone CARE

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1zd7WoFAE&w=640&h=390]

August 2, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. fernace

They were on a fake-reality show & acquired some fake-fame! Did they really think it would last forever!? You can't even blame this on them being "too young" to know better! If I had an opportunity to make this type of $$$ in my early 20's, you can bet your fake-tan I'd be saving that sh!t, instead of believing the hype! This article is just like the last sob story they put out last fall! Then they were living in a family members guesthouse & had to do their own (gasp!) laundry! If they're living in a beach house life ain't that bad, pleeese!!

August 2, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  18. ssmile

This is the first time that I find these two to be somewhat likeable. They are being real for a change. Heidi actually acknowledged being hated and having too big of an ego, so I will give her some points for that.

August 2, 2011 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Leslie

My name is Leslie and I'm an a$z.

August 2, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  20. itsamemario

what are they talking about. i know at least spencer is working, ive seen those rise of planet of the apes trailers, especially where he jumps off the golden gate bridge at that helicopter..

August 2, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Ziggmuff

How have they learned their lesson if they just admitted they would go right back to what they were doing if given the opportunity?

August 2, 2011 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Huckleberry

I'm glad someone else noticed that! They haven't learned their lesson. I doubt seriously they are lliving on hard times either. They are so removed from reality it is sad.

August 5, 2011 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  22. All3Allin

This is all about the two of them getting what they deserve. They both treated their families and friends like garbage throughout their "fame". I would say they are more infamous than famous, but whatever. I hope this is a lesson to them that this is what happens when you take everything and throw it out for something as fleeting as fame and attention.

August 2, 2011 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Leslie's P!mp

I slapped her around too much that's why she is that stupid.

August 2, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Louie

I wonder if they want to sell the truck?

August 2, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  25. @Leslie

Guess you can't read. Where is "get a life written"? Go back to to your p!mp so he can slap some sense into you.

August 2, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  26. kill spiedi

Wait a minute....there were storylines? There were not for real??????? OMG thats about as evil as those julia roberts L'oreal ads that dumb people get their panties in a bunch over...its not real!!!!????!!!! What has this world come to ??????

August 2, 2011 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  27. sadie

Heidi is still in such denial that Spencer is the bigger idiot.

August 2, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Marie

I wish I could muster up any amount of sympathy here but these two idiots are getting everything they deserve. They treated everyone and everything like trash and Karma's a *itch and it came for them. Two of the biggest idiots ever!!! I hope mommies basement is comfortable :)

August 2, 2011 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Beautiful Vixen

The comments were funny, but if they made your day, you need to get out more

August 2, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leslie

You're busy telling people to get a life when you're wasting time reading and commenting on the same article, shut up!

August 2, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • mtadams1208

I agree with you! I will read celebrity tabloid crap but I would not say that I get off on their misfortune!!! If it makes your day thats sad

August 2, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. The Måd Råp3r

I know its terrible but I'm glad they're broke. These two are why the whole famous-for-nothing dynamic is so awful.

August 2, 2011 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Junkpile

NOOOOOOO... ARE YOU SURE????? I mean are you really sure you made SOME mistakes???? It's more like a GREAT MANY MISTAKES!!!!!! Spencer is a Dook Chute ,your b00bs are of p0rnstar proportions, your 5 minutes of fame is up!! maybe the two of you can make some movies for vivid entertainment and keep the mistake train on the tracks.

August 2, 2011 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  32. tim

LOL to both comments above! Yall made my day better : ) THX : )

August 2, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Lily

Yeah, that buttplug she made him wear for 9 days was a big mistake butt she got her walls painted for free.

August 2, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  34. T. Urdburglar

I would not mind if a van filled with these two idiots & the Kartrashians went flying off of a cliff in a big ball of flames.

August 2, 2011 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leroy

HAHAHAHAHA! We need to get rid of the trash snd that would be a great first step.

August 2, 2011 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leroy

The only thing these two have been successful at is being idiots..............Im pretty sure they both have some form of retardation.

August 2, 2011 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Junkpile

Then you should see the episode where they were murdered on last seasons south park . Best part of the episode :)

August 2, 2011 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elizabeth

But then you'd have to find someone else to hate. well, there is a lot out there to hate, but we really have to find something more constructive to do with our time than continue to give these two the fame they get off on.

August 5, 2011 at 4:58 am | Report abuse |