Bateman talks 'Arrested Development' movie
August 2nd, 2011

Bateman talks 'Arrested Development' movie

The progress on the rumored "Arrested Development" movie seems to be coming along slowly, but surely.

At the Los Angeles premiere of his new comedy with Ryan Reynolds and Olivia Wilde, "The Change-Up," Jason Bateman - who starred in the fan favorite series as Michael Bluth - told CNN that at this point, everyone's waiting on the studio to strike a deal with "Arrested Development" creator Mitchell Hurwitz.

"I do know they're getting closer to making the boss' deal and when that gets done we'll be underway," Bateman said. "I hope they give him everything he asks for.”

Back in March, Bateman explained to MTV News that Hurwitz was busily working on a script.

"For the very first time, [Hurwitz] sat me down last week to talk about what he's got and where he's going and what do I think," Bateman said at the time. "As a fan of the show, I was vibrating with excitement that he was pulling me behind the curtain."

And while he didn't spill any plot points back then or last night at his movie's premiere, Bateman has promised that the script, at least, would please fans.

"It's everything you would want it to be and more," he said in March. "I really hope [Hurwitz] finishes soon so we have a shot at doing it before the end of the year."

1. lose 10 pounds

I've been exploring for a little bit for any high-quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of area . Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site. Studying this info So i am happy to show that I have an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I found out just what I needed. I so much without a doubt will make certain to do not disregard this web site and give it a look regularly.

July 21, 2012 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Naomi

I am so happy. Tambor was saying the same thing in July. Looks like theyre all on board! And I'll have to make a correction to my favorite movie list cuz this one will go straight to the top.

September 2, 2011 at 1:48 am | Report abuse |
  3. wayne martin

Jason Bateman fans, Who would u like to change lives with? ANSWER W/ #IWishIHadYourLife on twitter & win! check out for deets http://bit.ly/nxABQr

August 5, 2011 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  4. rtbrno65

Best exchange of dialogue ever on AD:

"I have Pop up in the attic"
    "The fact that you call making love 'popup' shows that you're still not ready!"

August 3, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • happytam

Not to be nit-picky, buuuut...... it should be "pop pop" not "pop up".

August 4, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  5. the banana stand

that is awesome news! One of the BEST shows ever. It was hilarious and worth watching repeatedly. It was a mistake to take it off the air as soon as they did.

August 3, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Boof

This show was cancelled for a reason. It wasn't funny. I don't understand why anyone would think we need a movie. If it was any good, more than 100 people would have watched it. Get over it people.

August 3, 2011 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Sam

It's unfortunate that the humor is too advanced for you to comprehend. Fortunatelyt there's still Glee and American Idol for simple minded folks like yourself.

August 3, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Boof

Advanced humor? That's the best you can come up with? Lame, very lame. The show still sucks. I guess they're lucky they had such an intelligent person as you to support them during the limited run. Good for you. Your mother should be proud.

August 3, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom

The show was very funny at times, but since it was canceled, now it's considered very hip to like it, and it's overrated as a result. I enjoyed the show but I have no idea what's supposed to be so sophisticated about the humor. Broadly-drawn, one-dimensional characters are not the product of sophisticated writing. The comedy comes from the contrast of Michael Bluth as the reasonable "straight man" against his other family members, who are caricatures of meanness and stupidity. For me, this wore thin after a while; perhaps the suspension of disbelief is easier for viewers who themselves believe every other person in the world is similarly mean and stupid.

In the end, whether a show is funny is a matter of taste. And you have to be quite an arrogant jerk to assume that just because someone else doesn't like this show as much as you do, it's because the person is an idiot.

August 3, 2011 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Boof, I don't know if my mom is proud of me but your mom sure is. She told me only last night she wished you had enough intelligence to understand Arrested Development.

August 3, 2011 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tom's An Idiot

In your case Tom, you are not only an idiot but an arrogant jerk.

August 3, 2011 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Farkov

I think I just blue myself

August 3, 2011 at 7:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Boof's mother

can you do that without falling off the couch?

August 3, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boof

My Mother died 10 years ago. I hope yours is alive and well and not the subject of someones "advanced" humor.

August 3, 2011 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  8. kena305

kena305@gmail.com-Can we see the script?

August 3, 2011 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
  9. tracie

Ok he can totally sit on my face and take a dump. I don't care, I would eat the peanuts out of his doo doo.

August 2, 2011 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  10. El Farto

someone floated a mean air bicuit

August 2, 2011 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
  11. happytam

Everytime I see one of these AD movie headlines I click on it and get excited. Once again, I was duped. Another short article about how things are slowly moving along and we're just waiting for a deal to be made. Will I ever learn??

That being said, I will still continue to click on every headline I see that mentions an Arrested Development movie. One of these days I will read an article that has what I'm looking for, a theatrical release date for the completed film.

August 2, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mister Jones

Bateman was on The Daily Show last night, and he said that this would happen. He clearly stated that there were no updates, but there would be a headline somewhere connecting his name and this movie. I can't wait for it to happen, but it's probably a long way off.

August 3, 2011 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LumberJack

"I was vibrating with excitement that he was pulling me behind the curtain."

Oh my Jason. Lets keep it G rated please.

August 2, 2011 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  13. Chuck

If he was maybe hell wash his hands before lunch.

August 2, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  14. george

i hope he wasnt playing with doodoo

August 2, 2011 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |