'Deathly Hallows: Part 2' makes $1 billion
August 1st, 2011

'Deathly Hallows: Part 2' makes $1 billion

It's official: "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 2" has brought in $1 billion globally.

According to BoxOfficeMojo.com, the eighth and final installment in the "Potter" franchise crossed the $1 billion mark on Sunday, accounting for both domestic and foreign markets. "Transformers: Dark of the Moon," meanwhile,  still hasn't been able to accumulate $1 billion global bragging rights although it opened two weeks ahead of "Potter."

"Deathly Hallows: Part 2's" climb to the $1 billion mark took just 19 days, and the movie tied with "Avatar" for the fastest rise to that box office amount. With the film's total so far being $1.008 billion, "Deathly Hallows: Part 2" is now ranked eighth on the site's all-time highest global box office chart, surpassing "The Dark Knight."

Filed under: Harry Potter • movies

1. buy electronic cigarette germany

can i hack my psp i got for my birthday?

November 5, 2013 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. electronic cigarette cases

Advice from the net to earn cash. Really Fantastic. Are there books or pamphlets on which dry herbs do what, and how to use them?

November 2, 2013 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. like this

Guten tag! Hahaha! I'm not Deutsch, but had ya going! Nice site neway, I sympathize wiv what you wrote.

October 23, 2013 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  4. Erline Truden

I keep trying to subscribe to the Letters thing, but there's nowhere to do so! Once i sign in, under the MANAGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTION hyperlink, there's only my Book Club subscription. How do I add the Letters thing for $5?

October 13, 2013 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  5. robert

Alan Rickman has been great throughout all 8 movies. Ever since the first movie, I knew that he is definitely one of the best actor in the HP series. And ever since the 7th book came out and we knew that Snape is in fact on Harry's side, I had always wondered how Rickman would convey the depth of the emotions and love and hurt that was potrayed in the book. And the result is he definitely exceeded my expectations by far and beyond. The scene where he said "but it's her son" was just heart-wrenching. When he hugged Lily was just amazing. Rickman delivered all the emotions, the pain, the hurt, the love, all of it; and we can actually feel it. I think it's the best accomplishment an actor can have – when the audience felt the emotions of the character he/she played. And for that, here's to Rickman for an amazing job well done.

August 4, 2011 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  6. lori nelso

August 4, 2011 at 4:11 am | Report abuse |
  7. Hawkeye323

Thinking of investing my money in movie biz vs. the kind of drama seen on Capital Hill – definitely more entertaining and more bang for the buck! !!

August 3, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. MommaSiscoll

Free speech is a part of democratic society; so I'm not sure why people are attacking each other in these blogs. My suggestion; stay in your lane and state whether you liked the movie or not and why. As I tell my children "be a nicey instead of a meany".

O and Banasy; as a parent you have every right to make the decision whether your children see HP movies or not. I mistakenly let my 8 year old see one of the earlier HP movies (because I like them) and it scared him. He prefers the Narnia movies for some reason. I also like those too.

That said, I'm 40ish and I'm looking forward to seeing the new movie.

Cheers everyone.

August 3, 2011 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. Harry Potter Fan

I started reading Harry Potter when I was in First grade and im in High school now. The Harry Potter books are great and teach many good lessons. Harry Potter is great and I would recommend them to anyone. My parents even like it!!! :D

August 2, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Middle class magician

Its nothing special. There is just that many idiots in the world. If people can get 2gether and raise that much money 4 a stupid movie and there is that much financial distress in the world then I have lost all faith in humanity. If u can spend that much money spoiling ur kids then I dont want 2 hear anything else about rising gas prices, debt cielings, cost of living, etc. U did it 2 yourselves. And now u want 2 pray 2 god and blame the black guy u voted into office 4 ur problems. The money is in sports and entertainment and u want 2 teabag ppl. Puhlease! Like I said- u get what u deserve.

August 2, 2011 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Mom Changed Her Mind

I was very much against HP books when they first came out. I did not let my youngest read them until he was 15 AND that was only after I read them. My college age3d son loved them and thought his younger brother would too, so on a drive from NC to Washington state, I began reading and passed them along to my youngest. Much to my surprise, I found a story that taught many valuable lessons. Sure, the place of the story is not ideal, a school of wizards etc, but how is this any different from Star Wars, Middle Earth and the lessons taught from the Lord of the Ring stories or any other "fantasy" story. What I found is that these stories taught lessons in greed – snobbery – wickedness and their consequences, being willing to lay your life on the line for another, being willing to do the right thing regardless of the cost, being able to do more than you ever thought you could by shear determination. I thoroughly enjoyed the books and the movies but do not think they are children's books by any stretch of the imagination.

August 2, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lance

so the movie is about 3 young men holding hands?.....i had no idea...

August 2, 2011 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. rafael

I really like the movie, it's so exciting!!! and I almost cry with this movie because it's like I raised with it and now it's over, it's like a punch in my childhood ;/

August 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Bellatrix

For those of you Americans that say these books were written for children, think about it. A european children's brain = an american adult's brain so we adults in America can enjoy it too! Haha I LOVE harry potter!!!!!!!!!!

August 2, 2011 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Lea

Loved the first two movies. Hated all the rest, including part 2 of the Deathly Hallows. Horribly disjointed and the battle between Voldemort and Harry was anti climatic, what a waste.

August 2, 2011 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  16. weirfo

Weird jajajaajaja

August 2, 2011 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Middle class magician

Good job people! I never knew our debt crisis could be solved by a british boy and a jeewe. While we're at it we should spend more money on paraphenalia and theme park rides.
    im gonna go out rite now and purchase an ipad so I can watch harry's magic wand waving wherever I go. Must be why apple and sony and disney have more money than god or the u.s. Government. Yes thats rite my friends god is watching u america and ur gonna get exactly what u deserve.

August 2, 2011 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  18. JJ

Most people are way too into a book/movie series that is more intended for kids. The author originally wrote harry potter as a story fir her own kids. Now we have, what I think are adults, crying over how they know all of the facts and have seen all of the movies 3000000 times.... well congrats... now you are yo there with the trekies, the star wars people who dress up as adults and the harry potter fans who all want to be a wizards with stick.... Time to open back up the state nut-houses.

August 2, 2011 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
    • pwc94

@JJ – You couldn't be more wrong. First of all, she began the first book more than two years before her first child was born. Second, claiming this series is intended for children just proves you haven't read it, because while the first two might be fine for children, the rest of the series is definitely not, and in fact some parts are quite inappropriate for children.

August 2, 2011 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. deb

one word to say. "WOW"

August 2, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  20. Peace

Hey Mad! I just had to come back & check this out. ;) Yeah, I knew it would be another chuckle! W/E was good, hope yours was, too! Try to have a good day at work, today. Keep up the "good work"!

August 2, 2011 at 8:39 am | Report abuse |
  21. Sox11

@ misinformed Madrap3r, ABC Family has the rights to show the movies on their network. That is all, which is why they had a marathon a couple of weeks back. Universal owns the world if Harry Potter, just luke they own the rights to have the Marvel characters. Warner owns and made all the movies. Bottom line: Disney is not,at all, involved creatively.

August 2, 2011 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  22. mingirl

Ok i read these blog comments daily looking forward to the banter but today i feel the need to comment...yes harry started out as kid books but matured to something deeper...books were much better than the movies (leave it to hellwood to mess up a good thing). if u ask me (which u didnt but im gonna say anyway) star wars is just as kiddish as harry...i cant stand any star wars after return of jedi...i felt betrayed by lucas...i was 5 when stars wars came out n i still remember the night my family took me to the drive in to see it...those my friends were the days...i have a 2yr old an prego w/my 2nd n i cant wait to give them a memory like my parents gave me of popcorn n the night sky...

August 2, 2011 at 7:42 am | Report abuse |
  23. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJZsnK2nuW0&w=640&h=390]

August 2, 2011 at 1:25 am | Report abuse |
  24. Tiger

Disney bought Marvel a couple years back. Maybe you're confusing it with that. Nice job getting so many people to gang up on you :)

August 1, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  25. tjaman

$1B? Sarah should totally have included Christine O'Donnell in her movie.

August 1, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  26. yummy

This movie is dumb, why watch a bunch of kids movie? People should watch an adult movie like action or horror movie instead of kid sh!t

August 1, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. will

the dark knight rises better smash all records.
    but the blue man group 2 will come out(avatar 2) and people will go there for the pretty pictures.

August 1, 2011 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  28. exidy

Man, I'm really out of date with this series...lookit that photo! Harry turned out all blond and pointy, and Ron's a big beefy dude with dark hair now? But Hermione...WOW. Talk about a change.

August 1, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Rolf

W00t

August 1, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Kat

What is wrong with a little magic in the world? Harry Potter books have gotten millions of children turned on to reading. That's magic in itself. And it isn't evil to want to escape from our everyday world and enter one filled with fun and excitement. So I raise my wand and salute you, Harry Potter. I've enjoyed the ride from beginning to end!!!

August 1, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  31. JD

I read the HP books because my kids wanted to read them. These books are very well written and hold your interest. This series is fantasy like most children's stories. I suggest you read the books then see the movies. The movies are great but leave out a lot.

August 1, 2011 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  32. kill harry potter

i must admit being an old 34 year old man the harry potter franchise has grown out of control. We can all thank the real woman who made it possible.. The author of the books. I am glad this long journey of sorcery is over and hope someone out on planet earth starts focusing its writings on humanity and god and make sequals to a movie.. Lets see if our evil planet would even watch the firrt part. I doubt it. God bless america and the world. Amen.

August 1, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • MarkinFL

There are more positive messages about life in her stories than in your favorite book. I prefer the to be able to tell the villains from the good guys in the fairy tales I read.

August 1, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • micky blue

god bless you sir, youre clearly insane..

August 1, 2011 at 10:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • gumby

Your god is just as imaginary as Harry Potter, you deluded wingnut.

August 2, 2011 at 6:24 am | Report abuse |
  33. Harry Potter

YAY!!!!!!

August 1, 2011 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Peace

@ Mad, Now look at what you've gone & done! LMAO!!! Still cracking up!!! Thanks! :) Good eve to ya!

August 1, 2011 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  35. mytake

In the 3D version, the 'Warmer Bros' logo cannot be missed – no doubt about who owns the movie rights here.

To the parents trashing the movies: how sad! Did you know that many children, after seeing the first movie, bought the book and actually READ the first story and continued reading through the entire series? One girl I know personally, started reading Harry Potter and Twilight stories and now she is an avid reader, branching out to other authors and subject matter. A story that can inspire children to read is a good thing. And, by the way, not all films made for children are educational. In this case, the movie is for entertainment, not education. There are plenty of books, movies and even games out there that are educational.

August 1, 2011 at 7:41 pm | Report abuse |
  36. sensible

i don't ever post on these CNN blogs but this was the first that caught my attention.
    why do they always push the $$$ factor on these movies as to what they make?
    should it not be the TICKETS sold that shows how many people are actually seeing
    the film as apposed to how much someone spent on it?

i mean with how much ticket prices skyrocket i don't see why they don't use ticket
    sales instead of inflation related sales of ticket prices.

quick example (not factual #'s mind you)
    say one of the LOTR movies only made $250million
    but the tickets only cost $1 that's 250 million people
    that would have seen it. now take the same $250 million
    and put the price at $10 per ticket now only 25million
    would have seen it. maybe it's just me to think it's odd
    they only seem to care about the bottom line dollar and
    not about how many people actually saw the film

August 1, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • MarkinFL

You are quite right. This is how they can keep breaking records. Inflation alone makes new blockbusters. It should only be number of tickets solds that should be ranked. Total $$$ take is interesting but does not reflect relative popularity.
      Also would like to see those ticket numbers compared to population growth as well. There is more than $$$ inflation involved in higher sales.

August 1, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mike

They do take inflation into account, but understand that a weakening dollar isn't the same as inflation. There's a reason international sales are creeping up...

Anyway...kudos to Rowling and cast to an amazing trip to legendary status!!

August 1, 2011 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • gat_man86

you are right that they are using inflation-related ticket prices. However, the series must be doing something incredible still that with rising ticket prices, PEOPLE ARE STILLING PAYING TO SEE THESE FILMS. I applaud all who were involved.

August 2, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jason

Im sick and tired of hearing about harry potters, twilights, and other tween trash all summer long. Seriously, does anyone know anyone above the age 16 or 17 that even remotely likes these.

August 1, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tasera

There are plenty of adults who like Harry Potter, including my parents. Just because it's popular doesn't make it "tween trash". Comparing Harry Potter to Twilight is like comparing Filet Mignon to hamburger.

August 1, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • MarkinFL

Many adults that enjoy a great story have enjoyed the books. I will not compare the writing to some of the greats, but the story is VERY well told and Very well planned and executed. Its fun and has some good messages and from first book to last it becomes more complex and more interesting. However, if you do not like fantasy or sci-fi then it probably isn't for you.

August 1, 2011 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric

If you're so tired of it, why did you read the article?

August 1, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • jon

Me (40), my wife, my ex-wife, brothers-in-law, mother in law – the list goes on. These are terriffic stories and characters. So sad you're a troll and won't give them a try. Go be miserable. 100 years from now they'll be talking about how classic they are, and 50 years from no they'll be remaking the movies.

August 2, 2011 at 7:19 am | Report abuse |
    • zz

Yes. Many of the fans I know are older than 17 years old. Try 30+.

August 2, 2011 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  38. banasy

All of you sissy moms have no control over your household. Be strong and don't let your children talk back to you or your stupid husbands. My people know exactly what I'm talking about, I'm explosive when dealing with order and discipline.

August 1, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • icebox99

The article is about a Harry Potter movie, why are u going off about parenting? I think your just one of those people that sits on the computer all day and posts random bs. But what the hell, stay on the computer at least that way your kids won't have to deal your stupidity. As for the movie I think it was a great end to a terrific story.

August 1, 2011 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • MarkinFL

Ummm, most trolls are generally childless since it takes a willing partner to conceive.

August 1, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Stuart

Why don't you post your address? A visit from child protection services is obviously way overdue.

August 2, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • gat_man86

banasy, you need to let your kids be kids. This series of novels has inspired millions of teens and adults alike to pick up reading when they thought it was a boring time killer. The lessons learned in the series of bravery, good/evil, giving of ones life for another is what makes these books what they are. The magic and fantasy is what makes it overall appealing to all ages. It takes them from their modern world into another. You need a reality check and realize that.

August 2, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  39. CW

Ah, nm... I see you're just an internet troll.

August 1, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  40. banasy

These movies are a waste of time and mind. When are we going to be serious and make decent family movies? Magic is overrated and stupid. My kids deserve better educational films, I prohibit them to watch these non sense movies.

August 1, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • CW

Do you also prohibit them from having an imagination?

August 1, 2011 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • MarkinFL

Either a troll or the parent of some seriously bored kids.

August 1, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eric

Hundreds of millions of children around the world disagree with you.

August 1, 2011 at 10:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lindsay

The Harry Potter books rekindled the love of reading for millions of kids worldwide who had never lifted a book prior to the Potter series... I'd say that's about as educational as it gets!

August 2, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Stuart

I guess you never watched The Wizard of Oz when you were young, eh Banasy? (eye roll)

Congratulations on having no sensibilities whatsoever, and for being a bad parent where it comes to neocortex and thalamus development in your children. I feel sorry for them.

August 2, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mom to three

I felt the same way at first. I did not let my youngest read them until he was 15 AND that was only after I read them. My college son loved them, so on a drive from NC to Washington state, I began reading and passed them along to my youngest. Much to my surprise, I found a story that taught many valuable lessons. Sure, the place of the story is not ideal, a school of wizards etc, but how is this any different from Middle Earth and the lessons taught from the Lord of the Ring stories or any other "fantasy" story. What I found is that these stories taught lessons in greed – snobbery - wickedness and their consequences, being willing to lay your life on the line for another, being willing to do the right thing regardless of the cost, being able to do more than you ever thought you could by shear determination. I thoroughly enjoyed the books and the movies but do not think they are children's books by any stretch of the imagination.

August 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Poconut

That just made my day. I would totally watch the second one if that were true.

August 1, 2011 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Harryback Mountain

I heard in the next movie Harry Potter sticks his magic wand in Frodo's lord-of-the-Ring. Magical!

August 1, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Tom

Yes, it has grossed $1B, but thanks to the miracle of Hollywood accounting, you can be sure it has made no profit at all.

August 1, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • A-man

No kidding! lol Isn't it funny with all these record breaking movies these past years and Hollywood still whines and cries about piracy, contracts (aka Netflix) and whatnot. Hell, last year they reported a $12billion profit....but whined it wasn't more. Insane!

August 1, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • nick

Actually, this made an insane amount of profit. The cost of Part 1 and Part 2 together was around $250 million, and each movie made just around $1 billion. I'd like to think that a HUGE profit

August 2, 2011 at 1:46 am | Report abuse |
  44. Rip Van Potter

Who is Harry Potter? I must have been asleep for I have no idea who he is.
    Is he in one of those gay boy-bands?

August 1, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  45. NitWit

I am probably one of 6 people in the world who hasn't seen ANY of the Harry Potter movies. Can I see 8 without knowing anything except it's about a wizard school?

August 1, 2011 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • PH

if you see the 8th without seeing the others or reading the books, you will be completely lost.

August 1, 2011 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Newo

well. It's a really good, enjoyable movie, but it will be less poignant if you are unfamiliar with the back story.

August 1, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • r

Don't bother seeing movie 8 if you haven't seen any of the other movies. So, see all the other other movies then go online where you will find some fabulous sites which sum up each chapter of Deathly Hallows in detail. Then go see Deathly Hallows Part 2. Then get really annoyed about how they rushed through important parts, left out important parts and changed the ending (before the 19 years has passed part).

August 1, 2011 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • gumby

I haven't seen any of them either... I don't know why supposed adults get so excited over movies that are meant for 8 year old children.

August 2, 2011 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Kris

@gumby – These movies are definitely not for 8 year olds. My nieces won't be allowed to see them until they're at least 12 (to start with the first one). The movies get darker as they go and are not for children. I saw Part 2 last week and the theater was completely packed – with adults. Probably not a single person under 18. It's a fantastic series of films.

August 2, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Neo

Well, 6 is an understatement, I think it is around ....10 people including me that have never watch any of the "HP" movies or the "Twightlight whateve" movies. It doesn't mean the movies are bad but it just not everybody's genre

August 2, 2011 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • zz

You should at least read the books before watching HP7p2.

August 2, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  46. gelbkreuz

I needed that. That is funny

August 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  47. M

Why isn't this a pic of Harry and his gang? Malfoy and his friends are like... totally sub characters. Just looks wierd.

August 1, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Frederico

Is that Ricky Shroeder trying to get a train going?

August 1, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • J

if you at least watch the first part it would make some sense enough to really enjoy the movie

August 2, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  49. Silly

You are obviously on the wrong article. HP films are Warner Bros. property not Disney, ABC Family has the TV rights and is owned by Disney. If you ever read a book, you'd know what the scene depicted is and why the 'hand holding' is going on.

August 1, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  50. The Måd Råp3r

I'm sorry but i'm pretty sure these are Disney films. Disney has a Harry Porter ride at their park, how could they do that if they didn't own the rights to the film? As to reading, I read above a 5th grade level so never bothered with this series. You should check out Less Than Zero sometime, far better than the movie.

August 1, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Lonie

Universal has the Harry Potter Theme Park not Disney.

August 1, 2011 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Universe

Universal Studios Islands of Adventure has a Harry Potter Land with multiple rides, restaurants etc. NOT Disney.

August 1, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Rose

Just because you read above a 5th grade level doesn't mean that you can't enjoy the Harry Potter series. Also, Universal Studios is the park that has the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, not Disney. Check your sources before posting.

August 1, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  54. FatOldBaldGuy

The Måd Råp3r, you are sadly mistaken on several counts... As those above my thread have already pointed out. You might read above the 5th grade level, but you didn't seem to retain anything, because you are the only one to think that Disney had the Harry Potter movie rights. Anyone who can read, knows who owns the rights and where the HP World is in Florida, except it would seem... you.

Speaking soley on the movie, it is amazing that it has done so well, especially since the ending was changed so much...

August 1, 2011 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  55. wandwaver

Warner Bros. not Disney on all the films. Warner Bros. not Disney on the theme park. That said, it's not surprising you don't know what's going on in the photo so you decided just to make something up.

August 1, 2011 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  56. The Måd Råp3r

Yeah but doesn't Disney own Universal? I seriously think everyone aside from me is very confused about what's going on here.

August 1, 2011 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  57. jeweler

@ mad...that start of every HP movie shows the warner Bros. logo while the open music is playing.

August 1, 2011 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Oj

Mad, you're a moron, and the only confused one.

A: the film rights to HP belong to Warner Bros.
    B. yes, ABC Family (owned by Disney) does like to license them to run on their network
    C. the Wizarding World of HP is in Islands of Adventure theme park.
    D. the above is in the Universal Studios Orlando complex.
    E. Disney has no connection with any Universal Studios park and certainly does not own any part of them.

I know Disney parks and Universal parks are both in Orlando, but you will just have to grasp they are separate

August 1, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  59. The Måd Råp3r

But theres the whole ABC Family/Disney connection. Nah, i'm pretty sure I've got a handle on the situation here.

August 1, 2011 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  60. MDaniles

Mad, I advise you to stop while you're behind. You're absolutely clueless.

August 1, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  61. sampson juminski

OHHH NOW i Seen where a portion of Americas Dollars are going. Would be nice if we could Take the Domestic portion of the global revenue and put it towards are debt. Make BIll and Warren to Donate 5 Billion a piece.

August 1, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  62. The Måd Råp3r

@ MD,
    "It is only by staying behind, by giving up your ambitions and abandoning the rat race, that you will truly develop."
    –Lao Tzu

Master Lao would know what the score is. Give up your preconceptions and you'll see the truth, that this is absolutely a Disney film.

August 1, 2011 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  63. MarkinFL

Confirmed troll.

August 1, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  64. MarkinFL

Definitely a troll.

August 1, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  65. KevinOntario

somebody definitly needs to get laid

August 1, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Damiana

Definitely a fundie. (Probably that fat hag from "Wife Swap" a few years back.)

August 2, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  67. Dieyoung

Banasy... For one, your children would not survive two weeks without water, so 3 months would be overkill. So that said and done, you are pretty much telling us that you would murder your own children just because they watched a movie. You sir is a complete misandronistic, mispedistic sociopathic feminist.

August 2, 2011 at 2:13 am | Report abuse |
  68. Trevortroll

TROLL IN THE DUNGEON!!!

August 2, 2011 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
  69. chf

See thats why you're confused. The Disney 'Harry Porter' ride is a cheap knockoff of the real HP theme park.

August 2, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  70. erich2112x

F. You spent way to much time on this.

August 2, 2011 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  71. pwc94

Nah, I'm pretty sure you don't. ABC Family pays Warner Bros. a fee to air the movies. HBO and Showtime also air Disney movies, that doesn't mean they're owned by Disney. I'm sure Disney would love to have a piece of the massive Potter empire, but they don't. If Disney had any ownership at all, Universal would not be home to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Those two parks are COMPLETELY separate, and in fact have a funloving rivalry with each other. (One Disney theme restaurant gets kids to swear an oath promising to eat their vegetables, annoy their parents, and never ever go to Universal Studios.)

August 2, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |