Presenting Andy Samberg, Chief Shark Officer
July 29th, 2011

Presenting Andy Samberg, Chief Shark Officer

"Shark Week" - a.k.a. the best seven days of the summer - has given us yet another reason to watch: First-ever Chief Shark Officer, Andy Samberg.

We caught up with the "SNL" star while he was on the set of his upcoming movie, "I Hate You Dad," to find out what it's like to swim with sharks and what he's got in the works with his digital-shorts cohort, Justin Timberlake. Doubles ice skating, anyone?

CNN: How does it feel to have the impressive title of Chief Shark Officer?

Andy Samberg: Well, it was a childhood dream, obviously. Even though I'm the first ever Chief Shark Officer, I assumed that someday they would invent that role and that when they did, I would be there and be completely qualified to be named it. It was one of those once in a lifetime things you get asked to do something that you never to be expected.

CNN: After working with them, would you say sharks get a bad rep?

AS: The sharks that I worked with were pretty chill. They listened to a lot of jazz; they had a lot of really nice tapestries. (Laughs) Yeah, I guess so.

CNN: What kind of stuff did you have to do with the sharks?

AS: We filmed a bunch... for some shows and some ad spots - and then some other stuff where I actually got into the water in chain mail and was floating on a surf board. Somewhere between 15 and 30 pretty sizable reef sharks were all eating around me and splashing around, and bumping into me.

CNN: That sounds terrifying! What was it like?

AS: It was like lightning ... and more scary than an orgy. That's a lot of bodies - a lot of slapping around and a lot of fish.

CNN: How does it feel to have the Lonely Island nominated for half of the slots in the Emmy category for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics?

AS: It's an incredibly huge honor. We were obviously surprised - you're lucky enough to get one nomination and three is just amazing. We're really, really thrilled, happy and proud. It's just awesome for us - we feel great about it.

CNN: You and Justin Timberlake have created some hilarious videos - anything else in the works?

AS: I'm not sure - we were talking about maybe taking up doubles ice skating and seeing how that goes. We noticed that there was a weakness in Wimbledon for mixed pairs. We felt like maybe that was a place where we could dominate.

CNN: Besides "I Hate You, Dad" with Adam Sandler, what else you do you have coming up?

AS: I shot a smaller film with my friend, Rashida Jones - a script that she wrote with her friend, Will McCormick, called "Celeste and Jesse Forever." And I just got a small part in Bill Hader's wife, Maggie's, movie ("The To Do List") with Aubrey Plaza.

CNN: You've been on "Saturday Night Live" since 2005 - how does the atmosphere on set evolve?

AS: It changes ever so slightly just because people have different personalities, but everyone who works there now has talked pretty consistently about how we feel like we're there at a really lucky time.

Both in the fact that there's a lot of really funny, talented people there and also a lot of really nice, agreeable people. There's definitely a family, supportive environment.

Discovery Channel's week of teeth, adrenaline and, yes, education premieres at 9 p.m. on Sunday.

1. kingdom rush hacked games

Magnificent issues altogether, you just won a new reader. What could you suggest in regards to your submit that you simply made a few days in the past? Any certain?

June 5, 2012 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  2. all about medical devices|

Terrific work! This is the kind of information that should be shared around the internet. Disgrace on the search engines for not positioning this post upper! Come on over and seek advice from my website . Thank you =)

April 4, 2012 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. buy usa vpn

Excellent beat ! I wish to apprentice whilst you amend your web site, how could i subscribe for a blog site? The account helped me a applicable deal. I were tiny bit familiar of this your broadcast offered shiny clear concept

April 2, 2012 at 7:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. igor

I am a flamin butt pirate and I love to explore da cornholio!! Any gayboyz wanna hook up and play hide the pickle? Let's get down and get bizzy!!

August 2, 2011 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. herpderples

Has anyone said haters gonna hate yet?
    Just in case: haters gon hate.

August 1, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. igor

Jews, like Adam, have big ole nose to smell doo doo, store boogers and open cans of Beef-A-Roni.

August 1, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  7. Hayley

I rather see The Whitest Kids 'U Know host Shark Week.

August 1, 2011 at 3:33 am | Report abuse |
  8. bob

i love how the comments for most of these articles get way off topic

August 1, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  9. Venus Williams

Please take "fat" raps and go sing on way off buiding. You lose, just sayin

August 1, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. linguini

Youre done! They ate you!

August 1, 2011 at 1:10 am | Report abuse |
  11. Pedro

Yes, you got wasted bruh! Fold now!

August 1, 2011 at 1:09 am | Report abuse |
  12. Jenn a min

LOL! Thats funny! You got stomped!

August 1, 2011 at 1:08 am | Report abuse |
  13. Zeus

Really? You got punked man! Leave while you still have your balls because these folks arent playin w you. You cant hang. Why try? Go to bed and dteam up another f@g @ss poem and try again. Lol man you got chastised and you keep tryin. Breath, look @ what was written to you and what you wrote. Lost a little? Never battle someone like that. He used you up! You cant rap. I can tell he has skills, so can everyone else.

August 1, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ha

Get your black a$$es off the welfare check to buy Internet to pursue your rap dreams on a CNN article and get a real job

August 1, 2011 at 1:00 am | Report abuse |
  15. @ ha ha b!tch you lose

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa give up!

August 1, 2011 at 12:57 am | Report abuse |
  16. @ ha ha b!tch you lose

F()ck you too! Nite sl()ts! You lose! Have a sh!tty day and kurt cobain yourself. These ppl have finished you. Wrong ones to mess with.

August 1, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  17. @ fake b!tch

You got used! Preschool poems. Wipe your a$$ w/ the paper you wrote it on and eat it. Never battle with ppl that have k!lled your attempts all weekend. D!E LOSER!

August 1, 2011 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  18. Ha

These rhymes are the corniest things I've ever read #g@y

August 1, 2011 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  19. @ real alecia

When I cake on da make-up I try to look pretty...but I can't change da fact dat I be a fatty. I keep on shovin dem big macs in my hole..every time I slap more butter on da dinner roll. Each time I check out dat flab in da mirror, it makes me wanna curl up in horror. I know that I be a real lost cause, there is no way to cover up these flaws. I just want to call my momma and cry....cuz I know ill never get a real hot guy. Bring it!!

August 1, 2011 at 12:21 am | Report abuse |
  20. @ real alecia

Give it up you chubby cow. Time to hang up da gloves and let da real rappers step up to da plate. Bring it:

Hey u freaks! Let’s get down and let’s play some funk. I hit dat dank and we all get drunk. I just wanna play with yo meat stick, we can stuff it inside – hey dats no trick. When we get down and we get bizzy, you give a spin and I start to get dizzy. Last time I met a random dude, he said bend over and it was crude! I couldn’t walk straight for many dayz, I was bowlegged and in a haze. Now I just wanna hit dat hole, its time for me to grease up da pole!!

August 1, 2011 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  21. brako

Im really sorry im a dumb@$$. I was dropped and have a mental issue. Im g@y and I wish I knew what to do about the large warts on my pen!s. I like little boys and have been labled a s3x offender and child molester. I hate all blacks and jew$ and g00ks. I hate you all. I really want to roll over and let you all ram a plunger up my @ss. I eat sh!t sandwiches and live with my mother who locks me in the basement because I scream out and have tourettes. S-st- sto-st-stop beating me at my own game I cant handle it and may freak out and run on the 405frwy in high traffic. I really dont think there is anything a doctor can do for me. I know im not relevant and cant read or write at all. Drool and sh!t are the only things that come out of my mouth. My mommy puts diapers and a leash on me when we go in public. Im sorry, im sooooo sorry that I messed with the wrong ppl and got used and reamed like the loser that I am. I cant even get my shoes on the right feet and I wear girls p@nties. Really, im just a b!tch in boys clothing. You all used me up like a bad habit and now I will go back to the hole I came out of.

July 31, 2011 at 11:52 pm | Report abuse |
  22. brako

try again, k1ke

July 31, 2011 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  23. @fake alecia

Your rhymes are elementary go back and read a school book. Wana see a b!t*h theres a mirror take a hard look. Act like you scare this act like you scare that. Til you realize youre fake and your styles wack. No swagger no sense of intelligence. We here to let you know that your @$$ is irrelevant. Shook scary you know that yous a fake one. Walk on my block with real n***as and we'll take you son. No skills no joke completely simplicity. Look deep inside yourself and tell me what a b!tch you see. Dont be afraid or run and dismiss this. Sit back get your self chopped let your friends be a witness. Then go back to bein g@y small nads and even d!*kless. I'll butter your toast with hot ones even your mommas biscuits. Now get down off the counter kid and dont dare try and get with this. Bring what, I brought it left you empty before you started. Im sorry the doctor told your mommy yous retarded

July 31, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  24. alecia

Hit da booze and spark it up! Pump da pie hole and fill dat cup. I be rockin and love to sweat. I aint done wit dis ho I just met! Bring it!

July 31, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Nifkin da fruit

Yo yo! I be gay and I be cool! I like da dudes and I aint no fool. Last time I pumped dat big ol hole, I really wanted to smoke dat pole! Every day I be lookin for freaks...now I'm just a chubby geek! My tiny tool gets lost in da chubs, I just wanna be known as Tubbs!! See ya

July 31, 2011 at 6:42 pm | Report abuse |
  26. alecia

Hey hijacking rumpranger! if I were to cheat on my husband he would have to at least know how to spell and speak English for me to give them the time of day. Now, that being said, does anyone out there know what this cornholer was saying that I supposedly said?

July 31, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Nifkins troll

i bet you watch what your fingers type now eh? u have been dismantled by these people and it is time to sack it up u got back what u gave and messed with the wrong ones. just sayin

July 31, 2011 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  28. The trolls mommy

Honey, put your helmet back on and get in your padded room. These bloggers whoopd your @ss

July 31, 2011 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  29. EPIC FAIL

Your a loser *FAIL* you got used like the toilet paper im wiping with now. @$$ nugget! If you mess with the wrong ones this is the @$$ pounding you get

July 31, 2011 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  30. LOL

Nifkin, its evident that this troll needs meds you r correcto mundo. Mayb his bridge will collapse and crush his wortless a**

July 31, 2011 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  31. yessir

they cant aford an xbox. let them play with themself. I have tweezers 2 help you find it.

July 31, 2011 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  32. john1121

Chucky... Jealous much? Andy's already made more money since 2005 than you have made in your entire life, probably ten times over. Why would he be working fastfood soon? How does that even make sense in your head, man??? If anything he may be in a commercial saying that, but... still making more money than you.

July 31, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Zoink

Boom, kapow, whack. Feel that? @got worked said it best ur game is over reset ur xbox n play games.

July 31, 2011 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Horace

I agree, uve been served

July 31, 2011 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  35. U GOT WORKED

Give it up. Ppl have made you look like a dummy all weekend. If you bump into the wrong one this what you get.

July 31, 2011 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  36. The crazy house

Ur reservation is good u just need to get out of denial and let us help you. Come on now let us strap u to a bed so u dont hurt urself. LMAO

July 31, 2011 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Stunter

If we take your face and put it under my bike tire ill do a burnout on it.

July 31, 2011 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Willie Mays

Id put ur head on a tee ball stand and put a louisville slugger to it. Lololololol

July 31, 2011 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  39. turd.dropper

No. Let me shyt in his mouth! Go away troller! You got torn up from what I see. Give it up, get a job!

July 31, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Ladies First

Im a woman and I would bi*ch slap you!

July 31, 2011 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Goomba

if you dont get some help quik.u will get pickd up by the guys in white coats

July 31, 2011 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Teresa G.

Yup! Dats 4sure! Ur a complete doosh!

July 31, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Hey F*u*c*k Nose

U need help. Go take ur Ritalin and head down to the ADHA Center to get tested. [lmfao]

July 31, 2011 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Nifkin

I be ready to hook up with some young gayboyz!! I be chuggin some booze and trollin' for da 19 year old flamin fairies!! Let's pump each other in da ol poop chute till we be walkin bowlegged for a week!!

July 31, 2011 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Nifkin

It's pretty evident that 95% of the commenters on here haven't taken their meds today.

July 31, 2011 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  46. alecia

If you want me to fly out to hook up with you, I will need some help with the airfare. I have been packing them on in the past few months. I now need to purchase two seats in coach. I used to just spill over a small amount into the seat next to me. Now my rolls be a bit too large. I love to see the expression on the faces of those passengers just as I approach their aisle....they are like..."Please don't be next to me". Rock on!!

July 31, 2011 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  47. alecia

I gave up da dudes when I kept getting turned down, mainly due to my 250+ frame. Yeah, being 5'3" didn't help. Kankles rule!! My plump dumper wuz gettin pounded by some real losers...so I finally said hey – time to switch teams!! C'mon all you hot dy-kos...let's get bizzy! – alecia

July 31, 2011 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  48. alecia

I am a hairy lezbo just lookin for some dy-ko lovin!! All you butch freaks need not apply. I want a lipstick so we can mow some box!! Let's get crazy and bust out da monster dil-dos!! I be chubby but there is lots of lovin for some lucky freak!!

July 31, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  49. bonghitter

@grammarpolice – people still play pokemon?

July 31, 2011 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  50. alecia

And to the rump ranger hijacking everyones monikers go find a hole in a fence somewhere.

July 31, 2011 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  51. alecia

@missylynne you are sooo right about Mike Rowe! I met him once and he is the same in real life as on tv.

July 31, 2011 at 3:33 am | Report abuse |
  52. Synapse

Know this isn't related to Samberg, but... I'm an old dude who's watched SNL since the beginning & just wanted to say : The J Timberlake/ Lady Gaga show was as funny as any. SNL, since it started broadcasting. Just sayin'

July 31, 2011 at 3:19 am | Report abuse |
  53. charlie crack

I am a big ol fairy too. I would love to schlob da knob of these "hiros"...you know, lock onto dat big ol meat stick. I just need to introduce them to my friend Ben....Ben Dover!!

July 31, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  54. antihiro

Let's get bizzy and hit dat hole..you know u want my big ol pole! Each time I taste dat salty goo, it makes me want more of dat nasty spoo! Let's pump da rump!!!

July 31, 2011 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  55. antihiro

I iz gonna pump da chump superhiro in da plump rump with my tiny stump. We iz gonna be da best butt buddies for life!!

July 31, 2011 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  56. ridk

Hey 19: drop dead, please

July 30, 2011 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  57. antihiro

I am a flamin butt pirate and I love to plow the ol shute! I be lookin for some gayboyz to partee down with tonight. All u fruits wanna play hide the pickle? Let's get down and get bizzy....suk it- meaning my tiny schlong!!

July 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm | Report abuse |
  58. charlie crack

@superhiro- No doubt....anytime bro....i've got a mad troll actin' up so if you see somethin' just plain stupid it's him, not me. Cool? Be good man.....

July 30, 2011 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  59. grammarpolice

Hey CNN, how hard is it to get some decent copy editing for this kind of article? My twelve-year-old cousin does a better job proof-reading his Pokemon blog.

July 30, 2011 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Argle Bargle

Who is Andy Samblerg and Justin Timbercake?

July 30, 2011 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  61. One

Haters gonna hate.

July 30, 2011 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  62. fkjdbnfjesgrvdfc

k1ke

July 30, 2011 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Will

You're a tool and a coward for posting this. If you're going to stoop so low as to throw out derogatory racial slurs, have the guts to use the actual word. But either way, shame on you.

July 30, 2011 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  63. AmazinBabe

Check out "Fleet Commander" on yout ube. Great EVL video

July 30, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  64. MissyLynne

They shouldn't have messed with Shark Week. Mike Rowe is, was, and always will be the best guy for the job!

July 30, 2011 at 1:13 am | Report abuse |
  65. Bignified

As bad as it is now, I draw the line at sucking canadian rocks.

July 29, 2011 at 11:12 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Canada Rocks

The US sucks. Canada rocks

July 29, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  67. charlie crack

@Superhiro- no offense taken by me at all bro...just was trying to stick up for you when @Antihiro became condescending. You're good with me totally. I just didn't like to see that when you were kind and acknowledged your mistake and even made a joke about it. Have a good one....

July 29, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Superhiro

Lol wow, excuse me for trying to say something nice. Didn't know it would offend people :|

July 29, 2011 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  69. charlie crack

@Antihiro- he acknowledged his mistake, nicely too...

July 29, 2011 at 6:51 pm | Report abuse |
  70. charlie crack

@paul- back off @SuperHiro bro.....don't be a grammar queen...

July 29, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Superhiro

Lol oh forgiiiiiive me for mixing up grammys and emmys, two equally useless awards.

July 29, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Antihiro

Yet you gave them props??? Dummy.

July 29, 2011 at 6:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jo

How many do you have? Opened any doors for you? Making a bit of money? Hmm, this article isn't about you! Maybe tomorrow? Should we wait to hear about your next project coming out with some actor or actress?

July 31, 2011 at 7:16 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Superhiro

Dang, 3 more grammy nominations for Lonely Island? Props to Andy, Jorma and Kiev.

July 29, 2011 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paul

Superhiro...for someone that is on here a lot, I'd think you would have learned to read by now. It says Emmy nominations.

July 29, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Me@work

Indeed. Those guys have all been great, for many years now (pre-SNL).

July 31, 2011 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  73. chucky

Hello my name is Andy... may I take your order... get used to saying that soon,Andy...

July 29, 2011 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Josh

@ shy: Ok, that was funny. Good for a Friday.

July 29, 2011 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Shy Rodney

It's just prep work for the next hit, 'I Just F*'ed Your Shark, No, Wait, It Was Your Mom"

July 29, 2011 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Junkpile

Ah yes.......comedy and sharks has already been done by Chevy Chase and the land shark skits. Please go make a silly song video Andy and leave the sharks be.......

July 29, 2011 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  77. ed

Yeah ok Andy. *POOT* <-right in ya face.

July 29, 2011 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |