Kirstie Alley confronts Letterman over fat jokes
July 29th, 2011

Kirstie Alley confronts Letterman over fat jokes

David Letterman used Kirstie Alley’s recent “Dancing with the Stars” stint to get some laughs on his show, but the “fat actress” wasn’t going to let it slide. While visiting the “Late Show” last night, Kirstie called Dave out for calling her fat.

“I feel a little estranged from you,” Alley shared on the show. “I thought you loved me madly, but then you would talk about me being sort of… chub.” Dave offered an apology, admitting, “I did make jokes about the weight.”

But it wasn't about to end at that - Kirstie came prepared to read Dave’s jokes, including this zinger: “Kirstie Alley joining ‘Dancing with the Stars’… if you don’t already own one now might be the time to get a wide-screen TV.” Ouch!

“We do love you,” Letterman explained, saying he thought he had the actress’s approval for weight-related jokes. “If you were skinny, we’d tell jokes about you being skinny… well, probably not.”

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Funny blog obama

Usually do not push your self if one amusing personality does not truly match your persona.... Take a look at this specific seasons top players outfits at out website :...its funny

January 19, 2012 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. Denis Visnosky

Grow up people ! Can you imagine how hard it is to famous, and have all these pretty young girls throwing themselves at Jon? Its gotta be tempting. It doesn't matter how much you love your wife, fame messes with your head.I'm a fan of the show, and I hope for the best. They should take a break from the spotlight and get back to reality.

November 16, 2011 at 7:53 am | Report abuse |
  3. AshannaK

If you're happy with the way you are, it's nobody elses business. I've never met you yet I love you.
    Love yourself..and others will love you, too. If you want to lose weight, lose it for yourself, not
    because someone else says you have to. Do it because YOU want to. Letterman's a jerk for
    saying things like he did. Just wait; someday he will be six feet tall.....sideways.

August 25, 2011 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Sally Turner

Kristi: Anyone who has never struggled with their weight/body issues are clueless. Stay on course! Be well, physically; mentally; emotionally; and spritually. You have so such much talent. I miss seeing TV shows and movies with you in them. Keep on keeping on!!!!!

August 25, 2011 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. Why do some have to be mean

Kirstie, GOOD FOR YOU!!! I commend you for putting that idiot Letterman in his place, making him apologize to you on camera, and in front of millions of viewers! Letterman has NO room to judge, that dude has been butt ugly his entire life. He has messed up teeth, ugly face, and stupid looking smile. WHAT A NERD!! You could've always told him Kirstie, "I may have trouble with my weight but I can lose it...you're ugly, always have been and you can't fix ugly!!". Letterman, much like that jerk George Lopez, is a loser, not funny at all, has zero respect for his peers & especially women. Since when did it become funny to make fun of women and their weight??? Listen Kirstie, I read that your Mother was killed by a drunk driver when you were just 20 yrs old, your father almost died in that car accident too, you've had a tough life so don't you let any of these idiots get you down. Keep holding your head high!! Know you have fans and people like me who admire you for your acting abilities & sense of humor!! You're a beautiful woman on the inside/outside. Ignorant, mean people haven't figured out the fact that a person's weight or if they carry weight does NOT define who that person is. NO, when someone is heavy it doesn't define who they are as a person. Anyone who thinks it does, well, you're just ignorant and incredibly shallow.
    It may be 2011 but I'm under the impression that men are still supposed to behave like gentleman, men treat women with respect, men don't talk badly about a woman's looks or weight especially in public, and men never, ever make fun of women if they carry weight. The only men I know of that behave or talk badly about or around women are men that were raised without manners, cavemen who drag their women around by their hair, and men from the south who have a name that starts with "R and ends with "S". Now there's another breed of folks that deserve a whole thread dedicated to themselves!! LOL But seriously, most of them treat their SO/spouses/gf's like crap and expect to be catered to all the while their women don't mean squat to them. They treat their women like doormats, PIGS! Letterman must be from the south and a "R....K" because he's a PIG too!!

August 16, 2011 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Snarky

Lol @ all the people hating on me for calling Kirstie Alley names, then turning around and calling me names in the same sentence. Hypocrites, all of yas. Either it's ok for me to call Kirstie names, or it's not ok for you to call me names, take a pick. Can't have it both ways.

August 13, 2011 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Roy Mabe,Jr.

Better to have a lot of Kirstie Alley than a little of some of these no talent actresses Hollywood keeps throwing in our faces.

August 13, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. js

August 11, 2011 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. JS

I am always amazed by all the pompous, rude, nasty, "better-than-you" people I find commenting on these things. No wonder this world is starting to suck, no wonder kids grow up cruel looking up to all these rude adults. No one gives a crap about anyone but themselves......disgusting.

August 11, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  10. QM

Being fat is a choice. If it hurts your feelings to be called fat, here's a thought, don't get fat. And don't give me any BS about genes, heredity and disposition. Fat is a choice. It directly relates to the amount and type of food you put in your mouth. No one ever got fat eating nothing but celery and lettuce.

August 8, 2011 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Why are some so mean

"Being fat is a choice. If it hurts your feelings to be called fat, here's a thought, don't get fat. And don't give me any BS about genes, heredity and disposition. Fat is a choice. It directly relates to the amount and type of food you put in your mouth. No one ever got fat eating nothing but celery and lettuce"

@ QM or Quite Measly....Well now, that's a new one and I've never heard that before. "being fat is a choice"....LMAO!!! OMG! You're not the sharpest knife in the drawer, are you Quite Menial?? Do you honestly and truly think that people who are obese CHOOSE to be that way, really?? Ignorant, simply ignorant. Dimwit, no one would ever wake up one day, say to themselves "Heyyy, think I'll choose to be fat from now on because I'm so sick of being thin!!". GAWD!! Do your homework Quite Minibrain, many, many people who are obese are that way because of genes, a medical problem, or some other reason. Not everyone that is obese is that way from overeating, not exercising, and refusing to live a better or healthier lifestyle. Many people ARE obese because of those things, yes. Again, educate yourself and quit portraying yourself as totally ignorant! Fat is NOT a choice! Do you even know how stupid that sounds?? No? Well stop and read what you typed, then you'll see how absolutely stupid that is. Education is your best friend, Quite Meager!

By the way....genes = heredity...LOL!! AND...saying people get fat because of their "disposition"??? Ummm, that doesn't even make ANY sense at all, LOL! Dang, you ARE dumb! For real!!

August 16, 2011 at 4:21 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Tom Zentra

Kirstie is a 225 lb. PIG!

August 5, 2011 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  12. LusciousDC

I agree with Snarky. She is fat. Hel! so am I. But I don't give a snit (no cursing) if someone calls me fat. People try to use it to hurt others. If YOU allow them to hurt you in that manner, than you'll always be hurt.

@ AJ.. Being PC is what has this world in the state it's in now. Why sugar-coat things. Why not just say what you mean and mean what you say. I call 'em as I see them too. If I see a chick that looks like a dude, don't get mad 'cause I call you a man. EVERYBODY in the US seems to be all about their feelings, but when it comes to others' feelings, they don't count. This is why i treat everyone the same. I spit the truth with no sugar-coating. Don't ask me if this outfit make you look fat unless you really really want the truth. Seems people would rather you lie to them to make them feel good than to tell them the truth and deal with it.

August 5, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  13. big Richard

I guess Dave's not getting any of that.

August 5, 2011 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  14. jujubeans

Too bad. She used to be quite hot. I'd still roll her in flour and look for the wet spot!

August 5, 2011 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ace

Do any of you understand comedy? If all comedians were PC there wouldn't be any stand up. If you put your self in the lime light comedians are going to find your faults. Get thicker skin or stay off TV

August 4, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  16. citizenUSA

Other people's mis-fortunes, trials and tribulations have been a staple for late-night talk show, (and beyond), jokes. I guess though it's not fair to accuse regular people of being "politically incorrect" with jokes/comments/observations whether they be true or not. So why souldn't comedians be held to the same standard? You can't hide behind being a comedian and say it's only a joke. It may be funny but if it's true, it's hurtful. Jamie Foxx made a real rude and un-true remark about Miley Cyrus a couple years ago and that really made me think less of him. He has a daughter about the same age and I gurantee he would not like anyone saying the same about her. Although he did apologize it was half-hearted at best and stood behind, "it was a joke".

August 4, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  17. clint317

If you don't want to be called fat then don't be fat. Unless it's a medical condition, fat is a choice one can be called out on because it is extremely unhealthy and wrong. Unlike your looks which you are born with, fat is avoidable and treatable. But to be just too damn lazy to appreciate this gift from nature with respect and admiration is unspeakable. I don't mean to hurt your feelings.. well, yes I do. You gonna do something about it? If you can get up off the couch and walk 10 paces without fainting. Really, it's your own fault.

August 4, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jim Dandey

Thor: you need professional help.

August 3, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
  19. P.T. Byrd

How dare Dave Letterman - of all people - judge anybody . . . take a good look at that overweight, bloated, red-nosed, booze-hound-looking creature - not a pretty sight.

August 3, 2011 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Thor

Sorry for mis-spelling... I get so aroused when thinking of her. My mind just goes into a frenzy when even thinking about giving her a toungu bath.

August 3, 2011 at 6:52 am | Report abuse |
  21. Thor

I would drink the sweat from Kirsty's legs just to find out where it comes from. Man I adore her. I just wish she would stay the size she is. She is so hot. I hate it that these skinny emaciated women get kudos for looks. I love you Kirsty!

August 3, 2011 at 6:50 am | Report abuse |
  22. Sal Manilla

Look 1st of all these are ALL comedians and know they are going to be laced into when something in their life goes bad. I GUARANTEE that sometime in Kirsti's career she has done fat jokes and been part of a skit that included making fun of someone else being fat. Now that the shoe is on the other foot or hoof in her case (eat it Kirstie no one but you is the cause). How can all you idiots defend someone who had a show called "FAT ACTRESS"? She gets it but you don't. She does all this complaining about jokes to stay relevent and on the air. You're talking about her again go figure SUCKERS!

August 2, 2011 at 11:15 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Jeanine

I dare Dave to call Oprah fat or is he too afraid of her?

August 2, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sal Manilla

You obviously don't watch Letterman. He's done more fat jokes about Oprah than anyone else he's targeted....

August 2, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Doris Carman

LORI, you are soooo mistaken. Kirstie Alley is never been ugly. A lot overweight but never ugly. She is still gorgeous.

August 2, 2011 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Charles

Beauty, they say, is in the eyes of the beholder. In my eyes, she is simply BEAUTIFUL!

August 2, 2011 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Sal Manilla

Who's they? As a Fashion and Beauty photographer you couldn't be farther from the truth. Thats why you see covers of magazines with pictures of people they try to make look perfect . "THEY" don't set the bar. The fashion industry does.
      Try putting putting out a magazine that is beauty relavent with "in the eye of the beholder" looking people and you will be filing for chapter 11 in 3 months. Thats something people say to make people feel better when they are visually challenged. Of course there are people that don't need to judged by their looks and are warm and cuddly and the type you want to be around but thats not the beauty their talking about. Its a nice thought though!

August 2, 2011 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Sam Malone

She used to be so hot on "Cheers" :(

August 1, 2011 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  27. anonymous

hahaha i love how ppl talk ***t about overweight people. i myself..well i was raised better than that.
    YOURE ALL GOING TO HAVE FAT KIDS OR FAT RELATIVES....OR YOU'RE GOING TO BE FAT YOURSELVES ONE DAY.
    how would you like if it if were your mother, daughter, brother.......that was talked to like that...you wouldnt.

August 1, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Boof

Kirstie, if you don't want to be called fat, then lose the weight and keep it off. Face it, you're fat.

August 1, 2011 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  29. Kjcube

I lost nearly 30 pounds in 5 months once. I call it my "poor-ass college kid ramen diet." As effective as it is I don't recommend it lol :)

August 1, 2011 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  30. Big Roy

Fat women are fat and ugly. Bend them over so you dont have to see their fat pudgy faces. I like to ride on their big fat butts doggystyle then run out before they can turn around.

August 1, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  31. penny

Fat people are bad for the environment. Their fart gas burns the ozone, they consume more than their share, they leave great smelly piles of doo doo and smell like dirty butthole.

August 1, 2011 at 8:17 am | Report abuse |
    • JS

Stupid, rude, obnoxious people are bad for the environment, too PENNY.

August 11, 2011 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |
  32. Kathryn

Let's see, you'll take the money to be on a show called "Fat Actress" that is about you being fat because you are fat, but it is not OK for Letterman to say you are fat??? Wake up and smell the donuts, you are fat, Kirstie! You want people to stop telling fat jokes about you? Lose weight & keep it off- Letterman did when he needed to get healthy or die. PS- too much plumping up crap in your lips- now they are silly fat & ugly too.

I get so sick of fat people whining- fat is a choice just like smoking crack or cigarettes, shooting heroin, drinking a bottle of Jack Daniels every day and so on. Yeah, I am about 30 pounds overweight and I got that way cause I ate too much of the wrong foods and sat on my fat ass & didn't exercise. Yeah, fat jokes hurt, but if they annoy you, lose weight. I got tired of being fat & losing my health, so I have lost 10 pounds so far with a new healthy lifestyle that will get me back to a healthy weight. Dave is rude & obnoxious sometimes, but he gave up booze & cigarettes and lost weight & has kept it off- so he deserves respect for that.

August 1, 2011 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  33. dr2mom

Good, I'm glad she called him out. He's rude and obnoxious, as always.....so what else is new???

July 31, 2011 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  34. art vandolaye

I like being g@y and eating bbq weiners

July 31, 2011 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  35. chuckly

did you ever notice that 5 percent of fat people are fat because of medical issues and can't help it, but 90 percent of fat people claim to be part of the 5 percent.

July 31, 2011 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  36. KK

Its funny how riled up all the fat women get about this, The truth hurts but you need to hear it, Stop all the excuses and eat right, exercise and take pride in your looks, 70% – 80% of American women are fat or obese and it is NOT OK !!!

July 31, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Thinks2010

I'm fat and I think a lot of fat jokes are funny. I had a good laugh at the ones quoted in this article. They were not nasty or mean spirited. Those are the kind of jokes that the world would be better off without.

July 31, 2011 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  38. miranda

I like Kristie she looks really nice now after loosing that weight....

July 31, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. ShesAPig

She is a disgusting pig and if she chooses to live in the spot light, be prepared to take some heat. I loved Dave's "wide screen TV" joke.

July 31, 2011 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  40. ryan

She had a TV show called Kirstie Alley's Big Life, in which her being fat played a pivotal role. She has used her weight to further her career. Now she's suddenly sensitive about it? Yeah, sorry, you're in the public eye and you already used your weight to make money, no sympathy here.

July 31, 2011 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  41. adams63

EAT MORE BACON !

July 31, 2011 at 9:20 am | Report abuse |
  42. art vandolaye

Walter, go f' yourself. -Art

July 31, 2011 at 9:03 am | Report abuse |
  43. no

July 31, 2011 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
  44. Dee

OMG LOVE that she called him out like that! Good for u, Kirstie! It's all fine and good to make jokes at someone else's expense, but when she called him out FACE TO FACE, he couldn't take the heat and didn't know where to put himself – and double 'good for u, kirstie' for not letting him slide when he tried to brush it away! It's kind of like – 'oh, u can talk about me behind my back, but when we r face to face, what do u have to say?? Be all nicey-nicey, make those jokes about me to my face, why don't u???'

July 31, 2011 at 4:29 am | Report abuse |
  45. charlie crack

yall are clowns....don't f()ck with real g's....I know rappers locally and goons that will do you in when I find you...did you think I was a fake.......he!! naw........I wana get this on......bring it......haaaaaaaaaaa......you f()ckin illiterate sl()ts....I will find you.....PAUSE......haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I love it........you make me laugh and my buddy says you are good as found.......like it???? I f()ckin love it........drive by with goons if you keep to yappin........PAUSE

July 30, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  46. now it's a crime?

You get clowned now it's a crime? God Bless America!

July 30, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  47. charlie crack

Ahem....what now b!tch??? I see my boy here in Dtown posted to you.....like I said no hiding for me.....you have no idea who I know here.....local music artists, athletes, doctors and many Fortune 500 company employees including myself....watch it boy....I told you that....I don't want a court case so just watch your f()ckin mouth....haaa.....you need to take heed to this.....I am a man....not a boy......and I have connects.......

July 30, 2011 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Michael David Quinn

What is Mike Gonna Say Next? What else Davd said to Kristie? Her nickname is Hippo, Kristie was a tripple reject from Biggest Loosers show, She needs a dumptruck to feed her face, Jenny Craig paid her to not eat all her food, her birthdaycake was the size of a football field, not even Charlie Sheen would do her. lol ha ha ha !

July 30, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Walter Chesik

To Whom It May Concern:
    If you intend to keep on with this abuse and blatant misconduct I just want you to know. I am Walter Chesik. Yes, that is my real name. I work for Yahoo here in Dallas, TX. Look it up. My friend who uses the name "Charlie Crack" told me about your comments and discourteous discussions on this profile. I am only writing to inform you that I am in constant contact with CNN and their IT department daily. I just want to say that I will be contacting them and I will be able to get your internet provider information very quickly. I would refrain from any further comments. You can be found even though you think you cannot. Thanks.
    W. Chesik
    IT Yahoo Inc.

July 30, 2011 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  50. king

loooooooooooooooool

July 30, 2011 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. LMMFAO

B**ch you coming out to?

July 30, 2011 at 9:25 pm | Report abuse |
  52. T-Rex

Looks to me like you have had the busy day blogging. And it also seems that C.Crack made you look like a dumba$$. Who do you think you are kidding? No one buys your spewing your ignorant words all over the place. You live in a sewer, choke on shyt.

July 30, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Nancy

David Letterman is such a tool. I find him obnoxiously smitten with himself. She should have given a good kick in the &^%$ for good measure.

July 30, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  54. out of the closet finally

I charlie crack, declare my love for the Mad R@p3r. can't hide it anymore. we love to "swap sausages" in the wee hours before we begin our busy day blogging. toodles!!

July 30, 2011 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Kirstie Alley

charlie crack be careful about what you do to a 'fat chick',they can set you up as easily as a skinny chick.One of those girls boyfriends may be hiding in a closet and might put a 'fat' .38 up yours.

July 30, 2011 at 8:36 pm | Report abuse |
  56. acc

so what, I would not put her out of bed....neither would Letterman

July 30, 2011 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Angelika

Wow, some of you are really uneducated, disgusting low life trash. Unless you are buying someone's clothes or food it really is none of your gosh damn business what size they are, if you don't like her don't watch her simple as that.

July 30, 2011 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Pam

People making fun of people. Now that' so grown up isn't it? How about everyone accepting one another for who or what they are? I don't believe that when Godcreatede man/woman he did that with the intent of us hurting one another. We come in all different sizes, shapes, creeds, colors, etc. All we need is love!!

July 30, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  59. The Real charlie crack

Right,I hate fat a**ed lazy b##*hes all they think is what they're going to eat...disgusting is putting it mildly.Fat chicks are always trying to get laid every now and then i'll feel sorry for one of them. I make sure the lights stay off and i'm out that s**t early the next morning.

July 30, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  60. The Real charlie crack

I have shown you the real me today and I feel so free.

July 30, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Snarky

Last words of wisdom to the crybabies in here. Grow some thicker skin. If someone calls you a name, ignore it. Who the F cares what they think, particularly if they're being "rude". But always remember, only YOU can decide if being called a name actually bothers you. If you get pushed all out of shape from "fat" which is like the oldest insult in the book, just try to remember, sticks and stones. Words do NOT hurt you unless you let them.

July 30, 2011 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thinks2010

Those are good last words. You got to my point faster than I did. Lol.

July 30, 2011 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Thinks2010

To all of you who say being called fat hurts, here's a little advice from one fatty to another. Accept that you are fat. If you are responsible for any of that fat, own up to it in your own mind. Do what you can safely do to lose what you can (I know it's a battle in which a complete and lasting victory is not always possible). If someone is so rude as to call you names or say nasty things about you simply because you are overweight remember that you know you are fat and that everyone who sees you knows you are fat, but realize that it is not until the person who makes a rude comment opens his/her mouth that the world knows he/she is stupid, rude and obnoxious. Remember also that it is quite possible that you can lose some weight but that stupid (and possible rude and obnoxious) are lifelong conditions.

July 30, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • JPX

Why "accept" that you are fat? Why not change your eating habits and exercise? It's so pathetic when fat people try to rationalize their weight. It's not very complicated; stop eating like a pig and get into a regular exercise routine. Fat people are disgusting. It's the first thing we notice and we judge you on that. When I see a fat person I think, "lazy and stupid."

July 30, 2011 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Thinks2010

JPX–Either you didn't read the rest of my post or you misunderstood the part where I advised that fat people try to lose weight safely. The reason I suggested they accept that they are fat is that a lot of fat people are in denial about how fat they are, especially when they are putting on those early pounds. Of course fat people should try to lose weight. While most people probably gain weight because of poor dietary choices or lack of exercise or a combination of both, not all fat people are lazy or stupid. I'm fat. I gained most of my excess weight when I went from having a very active outdoors lifestyle to working 15 hour days in a managerial office job with four hours of commute added to that. While I ate moderately and mostly healthfully, the sudden decrease in outdoors activity caused by my long hours resulted in my initial weight gain. There was not a lot I could do about it as the rest of my time was needed for sleep and running errands and doing chores on the weekend. When I first retired, I gained some additional weight for which there is no excuse. I was simply enjoying having some leisure time for the first time in years and I was not careful about what I ate. That was stupid of me. I'm working off that weight now and it is not easy. If I had it all to do over again, there is not much I could change to avoid the weight gain that followed when I was working the long hours. I would, however, have been more careful about what I ate when I first retired, and I would have been more rigorous about working out then as well. We all make mistakes, and that was one of the biggest I ever made. Well, live and learn.

July 30, 2011 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Mona

Miss Alley you're prettier now than when you married to that Hardy Boy, what's his name?

July 30, 2011 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Suzanne

She is awesome, and looks great!!!!!

July 30, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Kelly Vincent

I just got back from a looser morning wedding I didn't catch the flippin' bouquet the guest babies were crying my old man got wasted and started talking amck so I left,got home got in the shower turned on my laptop and bamm I didn't except this drama on a Saturday.This is crazier than the wedding.

July 30, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  66. dianemar

really, get bypass surgery like it is taking a pill? People die on the table, I have two women I know who had to be admitted to the psyche center because it caused problems to thier mind. In most cases it is learning to eat healthy and ignoring the advertising and recognising it as lies starts the road to recovery. I love the quote i knew from years ago,
    'the sytem makes criminals out of people then self-righteously comdems them for being criminals' We are bombarded with every food ad known to mankind, add additives to food to make it almost adictive then turn around and call people fat. If we had a culture that promoted healthy eating, I could somewhat understand, but our culture worships anerexic models and actresses, and wouldn't know a healthy physiche if it bit them.

July 30, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  67. charlie crack

@Mad why don't we finally get a room?I'll bring the boys and you just bring yourself.

July 30, 2011 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  68. charlie crack

I've already finished off a pint of vodka...that's just not me...from now on i'll just try deap breaths when trolls upset me.

July 30, 2011 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  69. charlie crack

@boomerang- lol. @mad r@p3r has taken the reigns and is handling the troll nicely. I do apologize for the drama....i'm not posting the idiotic comments. I did react to some....but the little girl and derogatory comments are not me. I've been trolled...just happy to have @mad doin' his thing. And let me tell you @faker....@mad is too smart for you. I know i'd smash you physically w/ ease, but he is witty and will work you schmuck!

July 30, 2011 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • JPX

Huh? Re-read what you wrote, it makes no sense at all. You sound very stupid. Kirstie Alley is an obese loser who has not done a single thing of significance since Cheers. She is only known for being fat.

July 30, 2011 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  70. charlie crack

@mad- thanks. Good lookin' out...you told me not to cave. Just fyi yall any nasty comments are not real charlie crack. I apologize. Once again @faker....say it to me...don't try and be me....not possible pu$$y

July 30, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Boomerang

@charlie crack you'd better be careful with your choice of breakfast you'll wind up with an std.

July 30, 2011 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Boomerang

@charlie crack Why so serious.

July 30, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Paul GC.

Kirstie is a BBW (i.e., Big Beautiful Woman) and she knows it. Moreover, she'd be beautiful no matter what size she is. Those who say otherwise only bespeak their own petty jealousy.

July 30, 2011 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  74. charlie crack

I guess I go to the mall thirteen year olds moms drop them off because their old enough to school shop with just their friends.Can't wait to see a fresh crop of eighth graders.

July 30, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Still no love for me, faker? You never seem to have a comeback when I speak to you. That's cool though, just like last time you can be my little jester.

July 30, 2011 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  75. JMontrea

I can take constructive criticism, but some comments are just stupid and childish. I hope you guys don't have children because you wouldn't know how to console them when their class mates joke about their 2 dads. @ jpx and mad rap#r

July 30, 2011 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Yet again see my post at the top for an informative review of your 3rd rate psychological reasoning and the inane prattle it causes you to spew.

July 30, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  76. JMontrea

Kirstie Alley is more talented than most all of you wanna be critics judging her, put together! So what if she is overweight? It's funny how non-talented people like to sit around and live through others joys and pains. How about all of you who have negative things to say get together and do something productive, like come together, join hands, embrace one another, then run into the middle of a busy freeway.

July 30, 2011 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • JPX

Really? All I see is a big fat, histrionic woman who hasn't done anything worthy with her career in many, many years.

July 30, 2011 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

@JM
      Lol, see my last reply to the top post, lol again.

July 30, 2011 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • JMontrea

Because that's all you want to see. There's no use trying to get anything through the thick skulls of ignorant, cynical people like you. By the way, what exactly have you done with your life other than laugh at your own pathetic, so-called jokes? And what makes you the judge of what is worthy and what's not? You obviously have too much time on your hands to keep up with Kirstie Alley's career for so long; and on top of that you must be a fan to watch her so closely. You are a hater and like it or not, you are the fuel that drives people's successes. Keep up the good work.

July 30, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

@JM,
      That certainly is a lot of words you've typed there, the problem is none of it even approaches a coherent point. Its full of contradictions. You say her detractors are haters as well as fans while normally these two things would be mutually exclusive.

July 30, 2011 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gail Snail

@JMontrea, I totally agree with you. I love Kirstie Alley. She is so confident in herself that she can poke fun at herself.

July 30, 2011 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  77. charlie crack

I'd hock up a fat nasty snot wad and spit it in your mouth punk....LEAVE OTHERS ALONE BRING IT TO ME SL()T!

July 30, 2011 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  78. charlie crack

@faker b!tch c um guzzler-You're a 5yr old get off mommy and daddies computer before they slap the snot outa you....leave others alone....bring it to me, come on you little sh!t face kid....i'll slap you so hard your daddy will feel it....you really are an idiot....if you think you make me mad, you don't. I eat tramps like you for breakfast!

July 30, 2011 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  79. JPX

Rather than confront Letterman she should recognize that she is obese and she should work on it. She has already put the weight back on from DWTS. At this point Kirstie Alley is going to be remembered for being obese rather than a television star. What a pathetic legacy. I can't stand histrionic people.

July 30, 2011 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  80. snarky smurf

i have to laugh at the regulars here who must stay glued to their screens waiting for responses from trolls. does your boss know you're blogging on is time?

July 30, 2011 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  81. LMMFAO

You guys crack me tfu I swear this s**t is so d*mn juvenile and you think you're smart.I've read some of your comments.Some of you have called people everything but a child of god.I know you tell yourselves that it's just fun whhat are you twelve.

July 30, 2011 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  82. charlie crack

I love eating Justin xeibers' t**rds in the mornings while watching cartoons in our tansformer pajamas...i'm Mega Tron and Justins' my little Bumble Bee.

July 30, 2011 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |
  83. charlie crack

@prezpeace, @mad- i'm sorry yall dealin' w/ this....truly

July 30, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  84. charlie crack

@ faker- you've been at me for 2 days now....bring it! We know your bullsh!t....come on we love it you peckrhead.

July 30, 2011 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Don Marsolek

It"s pathetic she can"t accept getting older that she has to date 21 year olds . With no t.v. or movie gigs working I wonder if the constant weight thing is just a way to get attention . Act you age darln there"s nothing wrong with it , I"m happily 60 myself !!

July 30, 2011 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Wwe K

u all shoudnt b hating on her shes beautiful and weight shouldn't matter and David Letterman is an old fart so he shouldnt be putting anyone down

July 30, 2011 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • JPX

She's not "beautiful", she's obese and that's all anyone sees when they look at her.

July 30, 2011 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Randa

Its a good thing you smug perfect little B****es can hide behind your computer screen and call people names and comment on how imperfect they are.
    I bet all of you look better "online" then you do in real life too!! Grow up !! SO What if she doesn't fit in the Hollywood Jello mold!! She is who she is and her family and friends LOVE her!

So do a little soul searching in your own mirror and pass judgement on yourselves!!! JERKS

July 30, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  88. Peace

@ the fake Charlie Crack, Funny you should say that, my husband said something similar to that last pm after I had my way w/him! He didn't call me fat though. ;)

July 30, 2011 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  89. Michael

Kirstie dropped a ton of weight on DWTS this year; I hope she manages to stay healthy and keep it off this time. What bothers me the most about her is acting defensive about her past weight gains. During her six-year run on the last half of "Cheers" she progressively gained a small amount of weight, and that trend continued on "Veronica's Closet." Not every woman is meant to be a waif. Even if she continues to work out every single day and eats healthily, I doubt she'd ever be a tiny stick figure. As long as Kirstie has been in the business you'd think she'd have a thick skin to this sort of criticism. I mean, she made a joke about her weight-gain herself years ago when she did "Fat Actress."

July 30, 2011 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  90. canali

i've admired kirsti...she was so hot when in 'cheers'...and it's a tough gig being a woman in hollywood with so much stress placed upon looks to continue to get work and succeed...and let's face it: who among many of us as we age haven't struggled repeatedly with weight/esteem issues....my hat goes off to her in trying to contain 'that beast' (and i'm a guy writing this)

July 30, 2011 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
  91. charlie crack

I just love Justines Beaver it's extra juicy in the morning.

July 30, 2011 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  92. rad maper

@mad r@p3r: boo hoo. u can dish it out, but u cnt take it. $ucks to be you, don't it?

July 30, 2011 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
  93. charlie crack

All women are lame wh##res,that's why I0like to eat t*rds out of young dudes a**es.

July 30, 2011 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  94. Charlie Crack

Peace you're a fat a** wh*re to.

July 30, 2011 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
  95. Asia

My mother has eight ciildren and is fifty five years old she is five eight and weighs 13Olbs.She's done the menopause thing didn't kill my dad or my little brothers and she didn't gain any weight she works out and doesn't eat a lot of sweets or fried food.She looks amazing none of us are over weight neither is my father.I know every one's not going to be thin but people come on don't eat a pint of ice cream every day or large bags of Doritos and expect to be slim.

July 30, 2011 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
    • JMontrea

well good 4 u! do u want a scooby snack? that's a good girl, yes u are, yessssss u are!!!

July 30, 2011 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  96. charlie crack

@BV- I got trolled, DID NOT make that comment....hand to god I didn't!

July 30, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  97. Watcher

If a face could tell a story, this one tells many martiniis...
    "HIT THAT BEACH EVERY MORNING FOR A YEAR!"

July 30, 2011 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  98. charlie crack

Kirstie is a hopeless fat b!tch just like BV.

July 30, 2011 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  99. kathy

Kirstie is gorgeous, with our without the extra pounds.

July 30, 2011 at 8:22 am | Report abuse |
  100. Don't Like Kirstie

Face it Kirstie is a whale! She is a has been and needs to remover herself from the public scene because we don't all have super wide screens......She should just go away as should Oprah and Regis Philbin.....their time has passed and are not interesting at all any more....Good Riiddance to all of them.

July 30, 2011 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  101. madhater

That @M.M. Is A mad butt~hole.

July 30, 2011 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
  102. jojo

SNARKY...You're an idiot....and that's NO JOKE!

July 30, 2011 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  103. Toni Marie

Beautiful Vixen ranch dressing was handy and I was hor uhmm hungry, so ranch or honey what ever's handy.

July 30, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  104. mel

really proud kirstey had her say!!!!! we all know dave has his own concerns of infidelity and other issues,but i get a little confused,about how someone in his payday haul can still dress like a nerd!!!! dark suits and shoes with those redundant white socks. narcissist............well maybe so!!!!

July 30, 2011 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
  105. madhater

@Michael said 10yr olds want to date her!

July 30, 2011 at 2:17 am | Report abuse |
  106. a

Some of you people are idiots. The woman is pushing (if not already is) 60yrs old..I don't remember my grandma looking like that at 60, how about you?? But Aj...I got to agree sometimes a spade is a spade....I'm 4'8", I know I'm short....I'm not going to be offended if someone makes a short joke. However, I wish people would get some new material, lol.

July 30, 2011 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  107. Beautiful Vixen

@no name, please: Well look at you posting on every blog but have the nerve to tell my friends and I to get a life for posting on here..lol. Compare to our comments we make things fun in which your comments wants to make a person to shoot themselves. Don't you have a bridge that crosses over a very busy hwy that you should throw yourslef over? Lame azz. If anyone needs to sleep, check in with, no name..lol

July 30, 2011 at 12:52 am | Report abuse |
  108. Peace

Hey BV! Was "King Tut" at that, ya know, party? I have the funniest story about that, but, seems how where we are...I can't! Dang it! Here & there, I'll get that story out! It started w/ my daughters bachelorette party. More later. ;) Good w/e to all my buds!

July 30, 2011 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  109. alecia

@charlie yes nieces are the greatest people under the sun! Especially when they WANT to spend time with us! :)

July 30, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  110. alecia

@Liz more people dont have gastric bypass surgery because 1. its like putting a bandaid on a sucking chest wound and 2. insurance wont cover it.You have to address the reasons why we overeat or its a waste of time and there are not many people who will commit to 2 plus years of therapy that go with what is seen as a quick fix. Our psyche is different from yours so saying just eat less is like me telling you to just breathe less. Take this as you will and troll away but this is it. YOU GO KIRSTIE!!

July 30, 2011 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  111. Beautiful Vixen

@Mad: Oh I do!!!..but right now i'm so dying to make a fat remark but I don't want to hurt any of my friends on here because I am usually mean on the fat blogs. So on another note...I'm thinking of putting a swing over my bed..lol. what's your thought on that? lol

July 30, 2011 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  112. The Måd Råp3r

Lol, you certainly have an interesting love life BV

July 29, 2011 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Beauiful Vixen

@Toni Marie: Jes** Ch*i*t have you ever heard of the sweet stuff? Ranch Dressing!! I bet you must have thought that you were biting on a fr!cken carrot or a chicken wing..lol. Sweet = Lick. Have you never been or had one of those hmm parties? Well if I was to use dressings..blue cheese and honey mustard, thank you..lol. But I would rather wrap it with cotton candy and go to town in all my leather, lace and 4 inch heels..meow..lol.

July 29, 2011 at 11:09 pm | Report abuse |
  114. KS

It s very disturbing to read some of the negative comments that have been posted about Kirstie. It's like you people have nothing better to do with your life except for talk down about other people. Not one for making assumptions but that does tell me you probably were teased when you were younger (or maybe still are), have low self-esteem, or were even a bully yourself. Everyone is so quick to hide behind the "FREE SPEECH" thing but when it is your own child, you or someone you care about that is at the other end of this, your tune would change dramatically. And before anyone says anything or calls me overweight. I weigh only 108 pounds and am in my late 20s, I've been this same weight since 9th grade (14 yrs old). And I'm a mother to 1 healthy gorgeous daughter. I've ALWAYS been small and was hated on and picked on for being small. I have a high metabolism that's it and plus I was/am a runner & athletic. But at any rate, Kirstie was not even complaining to David Letterman it was all in fun, here is the link to CBS vdeo of this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc8J6kiRZ2U clearly it was all in good fun. Kirstie Alley is a great actress, comedian, and person. No one deserves being talked about negatively. That is what's wrong with the human race and our society in particular... always have to be negative about something. Well all this negativity you're putting out is going to come right back to you. Kirstie and any other person you talk about doesn't have to worry or do anything about it because its already done. Awesome job Kirstie on DWTS... way to show those who are over 60 that they can do it too... making it all the way to 2nd place is something fantabulous! Be blessed all!

July 29, 2011 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  115. I_Care

A hurtful thing said in jest is still a hurtful thing.

July 29, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Telly Tyler

Fat people stink.

July 29, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Liz

July 29, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • Why do some have to be mean

"What I don't understand, is why do all these womean with ongoing weight struggles and unlimited resources, dont opt for gastric bybass surgery. Come on, get off the "poor me" wagon and do something about it."

@ LIz....what "I" don't understand is why your spelling is so bad?? "All these women" and "unlimited resources", isn't this article about Kirstie Alley and not "all these women"??! As long as you bring up all these women, unlimited resources, and yadayadayada. Not every woman has several million in the bank or health insurance or health insurance to cover something so drastic as gastric bypass surgery. Do you read newpapers or watch the news?? I do and both regularly. It's been reported frequently some women with major weight problems cannot have gastric bypass because their health insurance doesn't cover it or they don't have health insurance.

Look I'm an RN, I know about this & how it works not only from reading/watching the news. But because I have worked in doctors' offices and currently work in a hospital. I'm very tired of the rudeness, lack of understanding, nastiness, name calling, immaturity, and complete ignorance when it comes to people that are obese. Even people that aren't obese, people that are considered "chubby" are subject to all I listed above.

Who do you "holier-than-thou" people think you are by calling obese people nasty names, saying how disgusting they are, acting like they are beneath you just because they carry weight, and behaving like bullies on a playground?? You're no better than a racist because you're discriminating against people who are obese. You show your ignorance by refusing to understand that some people who are obese truly do have a medical problem and that is why they cannot lose any weight. Do you think obese people like living that way if they cannot help it?? Sure there are some obese people who got that way from eating nothing but a poor diet, not taking care of themselves, and not exercising. However, many obese people do have real medical problems that cause weight gain and cause them to not be able to lose weight. Diabetes, Hypothroidism, are just a few medical problems. So before you predjudice and comepletely ignorant people go shooting your mouth off, maybe you should educate yourself and quit being so damn disgusting and judgemental.

Obese people aren't the pigs......judgemental, predjudice, and rude people are the PIGS!

August 16, 2011 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  118. charlie crack

@mad- correct sir.....lol

July 29, 2011 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Scott

Letterman has never had or ever will have any class whatsoever...........

July 29, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dalene

I rest my case... hehehe

July 30, 2011 at 8:02 am | Report abuse |
    • RR Worker

Letterman's never been funny, just a gap toothed twit as far as I care. I don't know what idiot keeps renewing his contract, but somebody ought to put a contract on that network moron.

July 30, 2011 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
  120. charlie crack

@mad- you're right.... I should let em' just talk and not get me riled like you said... I appreciate the advice (seriously). You're the man...cold one tilted to ya bro

July 29, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  121. charlie crack

Its rainin there @ms fernace? Yeaaaa! Relief! Wow....great news....hope you had a great day....your comments on kirstie/dave are right on....you always say it the right way....wise one you...i'm gona rain dance too....please rain....too hot.... Yeah, I love doin things for my nieces even if puts me out....feels good

July 29, 2011 at 9:29 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Toni Marie

@Evel Knievel I'm not a fatty but I do like the ranch dressing,but I prefer licking it off my man.I know this is irrelevant to the subject oh well.

July 29, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  123. The Måd Råp3r

@charlie, don't let the trolls get you down bro. Most of the ones on here are cool but some are just plain unfunny a-høles. I'd have said something to one in particular but didn't want to show how riled up I was and feed into his bs. Høpe you and yours have a good weekend, same for everyone else on here.

July 29, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
  124. fernace

Hey to alecia & charlie crack! Y'all are good people, getting tix for nieces! Sweet! Take care & dance for TS Don to bring some rain to Texas. I'm doing a rain dance now! "It's rainin' men hallelujah, It's rainin' men Amen...... !! ";-)

July 29, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Dorothy Kennedy

I saw the show you people are talking about. I thought Kristi looked good, although she is still no slim thing, nor will she ever be. This is not a crime. I think she did well to quote Dave's comments, and I thought he did well in making an apololgy. In future I suggest that those posting critical comments about any aspect of anyone's appearance be required to also post a picture of themselves, including side and back views. No fair just posting a head shot.
    do you think this would change the tone of the discussion.?

July 29, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  126. fernace

C'mon y'all, if Kirstie was really pis.sed at David she would not have done his show! She's a comedic actress & he's a comedic talkshow host (please, suspend different opinions for the moment :) ) & they poked a little sarcastic fun at the fat jokes he told about her! She was making fun of him too! It's called schmoozing & is an old Hollywood tradition! Alley is a pro in show biz, her show Fat Actress poked fun at fat,herself & bad eating habits! She can handle ol' Dave! Btw, she's been spotted kissing 2 dudes in their 20's on separate occasions, who seem not to care too much that she's fat & way older than them! You go girl!!

July 29, 2011 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  127. charlie crack

@alecia- my friends went to katy show here....they "chased" tix too...drove 50miles to get em from some guy off craigs list....they paid too much but had a great time....its fun to do stuff like that for fam aint it??? Feels good....my nieces are spoiled....gota love em (I have 4) and I love to do anything for em....now they wana go to taylor swift....whew geez...be good....talk to you soon

July 29, 2011 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  128. Jack

Give me a break. She presided over a show called FAT ACTRESS.

July 29, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  129. art vandolaye

Appears a bunch of fat turds, are replying in Kirstie's defense. Letterman should have ordered a deep dish pizza and ate it in front of her. What's her big claim to fame? Replacing the blond girl on cheers and that baby movie? Who made her queen of all TV and film. Get the bypass surgery pls. -Art

July 29, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
  130. alecia

@charlie, good to hear! I had a good day. Chased down Katy Perry tix for my niece because her dad forgot!And I got them! So it was a GREAT day. Have a good weekend yall and stay out of the heat!

July 29, 2011 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  131. charlie crack

Hey there @alecia....I had a good day....except this little idiot on "showbiz blog" yappin his mouth....and you ma'am, good day??? And, I am not skinny by any means...I could lose weight...Im just a big guy, cant help if I have the larger build like a football player

July 29, 2011 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Lily

Comedians get away with a lot of "stuff." It does hurt people to be made fun of, even, I suppose, movie stars. Nevertheless, Kirstie has been huge over time and while many love her for various reasons, she's still huge, and therefore ripe for comedians' jokes. Good for her, though, for even going on dancing with the stars and then losing weight too.

July 29, 2011 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  133. alecia

Hey charlie hows your day? I feel the need to say Im fat because I eat too much! It used to be ok then I saw a photo my niece took of me so now the food I eat too much of is good for me and Im not as fat as I used to be! :)

July 29, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  134. charlie crack

@Evel- good point. Choices are choices, good or bad. Doing something about it like you said is one thing, if someone chooses not to that is their problem and they have to either have the will power to get themselves healthy or stay the way they are happy or unhappy.

July 29, 2011 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  135. charlie crack

Even if she takes jabs at herself it's still not right for others to make jokes about people that are overweight. If it is behind closed doors, ok. But, I would never to someone's face to disrespect them. Letterman may have been snide, but he is just a jerk sometimes I guess. She probably makes jokes about herself to laugh it off and not be so hard on herself as well. I am not overweight, I just care about the feelings of others...if I'm wrong for that, then let me burn in he!!

July 29, 2011 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Evel Knievel

I forgot to mention that this is our weekly fat thread. Fatty apologists will flood this page with excuses for why Kirstie (and they) are fat. We will hear about thyroid problems and how some people "can't" lose weight. What we won't hear is the truth – that they like to lay on the couch, eating may0 from the jar, licking ranch dressing off chocolate bars, all while drinking a Big Gulp of Dr Pepper.

July 29, 2011 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Evel Knievel

If she would lay off the deep fried bacon people couldn't make jokes.

July 29, 2011 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Veronica

Um, I thought she made fun of her weight issues all of the time. Didn't she have an entire series making fun of her weight (Fat Actress)? I don't understand why that would be okay, but Letterman's comments would be considered mean.

July 29, 2011 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • thikknikk

Took the words right outta my mouth Veronica! Didn't know she was so thin-skinned (pun intended!). Seems to me that if you're in the public eye, the public expects women to be a certain way, thin, young and attractive.

July 30, 2011 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Amen

Good point. She's made a career out of being fat, losing weight, getting fat again. Yes, it's interesting that her own TV show was called "Fat Actress" and yet she claims to suffer the barbs of similar humor.

August 3, 2011 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Michael

Kirstie is a strong woman who has been called fat by the best of them. At times she addressed herself as fat and has even been able to laugh at her own short comings as well as find ways to profit from them. She is still beautiful at 60 and however, still manages to do a better job than most of us. Many men are still interested in dating her eve though she is 20 to 50 years older than most of her perspective suiters.

July 29, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  140. madhater

Letterman snorted a rail out of Kirstie's butt~hole.

July 29, 2011 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  141. mdw

Why does someone that weighs 325 and looses 100 lbs think they are now skinny at 225??

July 29, 2011 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  142. what the?

Letterman is a blithering IDIOT!!! He enjoys saying stupid things to and about everyone. I wouldn't give that as#%$@e the time of day!
    His daddy pis#@d in a flower pot and raised a bloomin' IDIOT!

July 29, 2011 at 6:24 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Charles

I am glad Kirsie jumped Letterman. She should have made a few jokes about Letterman being a sorry piece of trash and his way of looking down at almost anyone on the planet like he is some kind of king or some beautiful person. Dave is ugly and his old lady dresses him funny. Kirstie is overweight but when she's in the grove she's a beautiful lady. We all lose it when we get past our prime. Letterman has no heart and has even made bad calls about his old lady. He has trashed Ms.Palin and Ms.Bauchman , who don't deserve his nasty opinions. He trashes Ms. Clinton and even Ms. Obama. He don't like women too much.( Kind of like all those middle eastern countries we give foreign aid. ) I haven't watched Letterman since he decided to trash so many people at the idea he was being funny. Being nasty to people and just being a jerk IS NOT funny to me. I don't watch Conan for the same reasons. He isn't funny at all either. I still watch Leno sometimes, he has a little piece of a heart.( He also loves vintage autos and Muscle cars and almost any curious machinery. J is a cool guy. Letterman and Conan wouldn't know funny if it ran over them.

July 29, 2011 at 6:22 pm | Report abuse |
  144. joshy

Letterman is a horrible comedian. –Kristie is lovable at any weight, and is not guilty of any of the "wraps" that Letterman
    has been exposed to.

July 29, 2011 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  145. no names, please

Just looking at her is getting old. Your time is up, dear. Just fade away please.

July 29, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • dms

Hopefully you'll fade away too, no names, please... That way we don't have to read your comments anymore.

August 17, 2011 at 9:00 am | Report abuse |
  146. jay

While Kirstie looks great after loosing the weight – Letterman will always be stupid (and NOT funny).

July 29, 2011 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Louie

Maybe it is time for her to have gastric bypass surgery. For the past en years or so all she talks about is her weight. I've watched her go up and down with her weight. It's really getting old.

July 29, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Charles S.

Have any of you people posting such nasty and distasteful barbs LOOKED INTO a MIRROR lately. I bet what you see isn't what you would like to see staring back at you either! Letterman makes his living being a jerk and I hope Kirstie knew he would be ready for a lashing because it made for a good show!

July 29, 2011 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • turbofire amie

so, gastric bypass is the magic fix? the little wand that fixes the weight problem? guess again. do you know how many people will have a gastric bypass, last a while and then go right back to their bad habits, even if it causes them pain and nausea. eventually, they will stretch out their new, smaller stomach pouch and that means, tahhh dahhh...weight gain.

July 30, 2011 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Arthur owen

Kirstie good for you. Way to handle that. I think your still funny talented and hott..

July 29, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Zeena

At least she can tell it like it is & apparantly could take the truth. Hope she keeps the weight off for health reasons & she does look great, she must feel better too !!

July 29, 2011 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Darla

I understand when you're in the public eye you have to accept the good with the bad but has anyone given a thought that Letterman and other so called comedians are adult version of bullys? If a 15 years old had said that about another student- "You're fat, go excercise or you're a cow" then we would be talking about how cruel it is to say such things. Having a tv show or a famous name doesn't make it ok to bully. This is one place younger people are getting the idea it's ok to be nasty and ugly to people.

July 29, 2011 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snarky

A comedian making a JOKE is not bullying. Never was, never will be. She's not being harmed, she doesn't have to listen or pay attention to the joke. It's HER choice to acknowledge it, rather than just let it slide like... you know MOST other celebrities.

July 29, 2011 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Eileen Olicker

I totally agree with you that cruelty to other people for whatever their so called flaws are is cruel and hurts everyone who is fat or whatever the joke is about. No one says the 'n' word anymore. How about banning the 'fat' word.

July 29, 2011 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Snarky

Oh my god are you serious? Yes, that's a great idea. Let's BAN a word in a country based on free speech, because some people who actually fit the definition of that word got offended. Are you fricking INSANE?

July 29, 2011 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • The Måd Råp3r

Being fat is a choice. I love my chubbies but you choose to be that way. And what Snarky said about censorship x2.

July 29, 2011 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terri Pinkston

@r3
      Fat is not always a choice. I was very thin for most of my life, had two kids, lost almost all the weight when suddenly out of nowhere I have a grand mal seizure. Guess what? Brain Tumor. Guess What? Three months of Steroids. Guess What? A year later, Thyroid cancer. Now, add to that the fact that I have had arthritis in my spine since I was 14 and you have me. I am in shape, my tone is good, but I am still pretty round.
      I don't know where you get your facts but maybe it is time to do a little research.

July 30, 2011 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Czarina_sez

Kirstie, more power to ya! Dancing with Maksim made the journey a little easier I would say. You look great. Nothing steams the vegetables of your naysayers more than success.

July 29, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peter

Yeah especially when he dropped you because you were so huge. That made it special.

August 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • stejo

Maybe she should eat a few more steamed vegetables...just sayin'.

August 11, 2011 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  152. art vandolaye

Kirstie, if you don't want fat jokes, then either: a) exercise some and eat better, or b) stay off TV. With b) as my preferred choice. -Art

July 29, 2011 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • cb

Art, I bet your ugly as home made sin and that is hard to lose... weight would be much easier..so stop going around and breaking mirrors Godzilla

July 30, 2011 at 6:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • WHAT!?

What ART? You are a jerk, nothing more needs to be said. Kristie you are wonderful, big, small, tall or short we are all different and need to be treated that way. Stop the bulling, treat our childern right, and just start living. Don't worry about what anyone else is doing worry about your self and your family. And yes, I am very thin and I don't care what someone looks like. I will say if your health is at stake then yes you need to do something about it. (the right way, being cut open is not the right way)

August 15, 2011 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  153. A.J

Have you ever heard the saying if you don't have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all.

July 29, 2011 at 7:11 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Snarky

Have you ever heard the phrase call 'em like you see 'em?

July 29, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  155. AJ

I've heard that saying also. I wouldn't be so blantant as to hurt someone. It's like telling someone their nose is too
    big, or they are too thin, too short, etc.

July 29, 2011 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Lori

Tuchet...........I totally agree.....
    Again she if FAT and UGLY, fact not fiction

July 29, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  157. M.M.

So Snarky, you don't mind being called a dick every day? Good for you.

July 29, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
  158. M.M.

And Lori, OMG girl, you are an IDIOT and THAT is a fact. Your statement is an OPINION and if you want to use the French language, learn to spell it – TOUCHE, moron.

July 29, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
  159. So simplistic

Before you criticize/make fun of others regarding how they look, try some empathy. Being overweight is NOT always related to how much you eat. Kirsty is 60 years old and has gone through menopause. Some women once they go through menopause gain weight especially if they have a hysterectomy early in life which stops hormone production. There are a host of reasons some people are over-weight that have nothing to do with the amount of food they eat. Don't be so judgmental!! You certainly are not perfect!

July 29, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  160. kay lindsey

If those of you firing the zingers ever had an ounce to lose..other than the old heave ho in the restroom to lose down to a perfect 60lb skeleton....you would see that what you say HURTS. YES. I am overweight. YES. It hurts when others around me, recommend diets and whisper. It is a lot harder than it looks. I admire her spirit for getting that split toothed, ugly old man!

July 29, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  161. The Måd Råp3r

"I admire her spirit for getting that split toothed, ugly old man."

Pot @ Kettle: Why you so black?

July 29, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Art Vandelay

If I were an ex Marine, Kristie, you'd be the first person I'd as as my date. I've always loved you since my teens. I think you're the whole package. Call me!

July 29, 2011 at 10:22 pm | Report abuse |
  163. PJ

do we really have nothing better to do than insult people we don't know??

July 30, 2011 at 12:05 am | Report abuse |
  164. jojo

Like she doesn't know she was very overweight. So effen what? Like Dave Letterman is so perfect he has the right to make jokes about anybody. Good for HER! I'm glad she made him squirm a little. He's such a jerk! That joke was cruel.

July 30, 2011 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
  165. Oh Lawd

Who cares if someone on here say shes fat. Seriously...quit pretending like she's actually relevant.

July 30, 2011 at 8:04 am | Report abuse |
  166. LInda

@ Snarky and Lori? And I am SURE both of you are the picture of glamour and grace, perfectly proportioned and a joy to behold. Because if you are NOT...then shut your vile mouths.

July 30, 2011 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  167. Tiffany

Uhm, She is not fat anymore, are you blind? She lost all the weight. She is skinny now.

July 30, 2011 at 9:41 am | Report abuse |
  168. UpStateNYgals

Snarky – too bad we can't see a picture of you. I'm sure there would be a few personal features that we could nit pick on you. Kristie is a talented and funny actress. Loved her in "Look Who's Talking" and Cheers. More over, she is a human and deserves to be treated with respect. Remember Judge not lest ye be judged, you Moron.

July 30, 2011 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  169. The Måd Råp3r

I have to laugh at the folks criticizing other people for hurling insults and being judgemental, while at the same time hurling insults themselves at the people they're judging.

July 30, 2011 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  170. DJ

Snarky, you're a jerk. Lori? You're an idiot. "Tuchet"? I assume you meant "Touche". You know, a lot of people look down on the uneducated, just like you look down on anyone not perfectly in line with the ridiculous standard of beauty Hollywood and the media have given you. Sucks, doesn't it?

July 30, 2011 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Lynda

This is for Snarky and Lori.......ahhh you all are jealous and you only wish you looked like her... oooo and most of all you wish you had her talent and money!

July 31, 2011 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  172. resy

How about some old lecher jokes about letterman screwing female employees of his. He'd fire them. He made big payoffs to keep them quiet I here. Kirstie, are u listening?

July 31, 2011 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  173. JAMES C FAWCETT

She just another Hollywood has been; a fat , ugly old bag who never could act. But I honestly still like her on the cheers reruns. She's a good foil for Sam.

July 31, 2011 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  174. miranda

I like Christi I'm glad she lost weight she looks really nice...

July 31, 2011 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Hollywood Reporter

Krsitie Alley"s cell phone number:

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzzzQ-b1WNY&w=640&h=390]

August 1, 2011 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  176. Fat-tub-o-goo

His job is to joke. How hard is that to understand. If the lardass didn't like it then quit trying to 'hog' the media attention. If it really bothers you stop shoving Ho-Ho's down your throat.

August 1, 2011 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
  177. scruffy duffy

well said, AJ. i don't get people. why be mean?

get to know the person. look past the exterior.

she has (very public) struggles with her weight and i imagine that's got to be hard as hell. let her be, people. we all are self-conscious about something and most of us would love to be able to change something on the surface. give her a break. it would suck to be the butt of jokes - that would wear me down.

August 1, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
  178. bruce

This woman has been a comedic actress for decades. So we can't have middle aged women get heavy? Show some respect already. We get to the point where people are afraid to go dancing because they don't look they are in high school anymore. Pick on the weak chick... It's disgusting, the sign of people that are weak.

August 4, 2011 at 4:39 am | Report abuse |
  179. Beebop

So Snark - looked in a mirror lately?

August 4, 2011 at 6:54 pm | Report abuse |
  180. Schmedley

Yeah, but she's been in movies and gets paid a heck of a lot more than you do Snarky boy. Better to be a fat actress with a life than a hater writing snide remarks online while hiding behind an anonymous screen name.

Just calling it like I see it...

August 4, 2011 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  181. tcp

Fighting name callers by calling names destroys your credibility...

August 10, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  182. Teener

Now if only we could get the 90% of the population with ugly faces to either get plastic surgery or put paper bags over their heads, we'd be in business.

- Fat girl and proud of it... if you don't like it, then don't look. I don't want to have to look at your fugly face either.

The morality and philosophy of people these days is aggravatingly hypocritical–Oh, wait, humans have always been like that... disgusting, arrogant, illogical species.

August 22, 2011 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |