Did Amy Winehouse reach out to Dr. Drew?
July 29th, 2011

Did Amy Winehouse reach out to Dr. Drew?

Amy Winehouse may have reached out to Dr. Drew Pinsky before she died on Saturday.

When former model and "Celebrity Rehab" contestant Janice Dickinson stopped by Pinsky's HLN show on Wednesday, she told Dr. D that she took the liberty of passing his number along to a member of Winehouse’s camp.

Though Pinsky says no contact was ever established between him and Winehouse, or any member of her camp, for that matter, he told KROQ on Thursday he recalls receiving a missed call from an unknown international number.

Filed under: Uncategorized

1. Jean

Dr. Drew needs to stop seeking publicity off people who have passed away. It's revolting.

August 1, 2011 at 10:08 am | Report abuse |
  2. Bones Daily

Dr Drew has dont more harm then good. He possibly couldve saved Ms Winehouse but was too busy applying makeup, trying on dresses, bras and panties for his next show when he shouldve returned that call.

Drew should just get it over with and hang himself.

August 1, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  3. CJ

Since when did Dr. Drew become the bad guy here?

August 1, 2011 at 8:18 am | Report abuse |
  4. IAMME

Everyone is so down on Dr. Drew. Maybe the media is trying to change the public's opinion about Amy Winehouse, maybe they are trying to show that she knew she needed help and was trying to seek it in her last few days of life. And as far as Dr. Drew saying that he didn't speak to her but did miss an international call that could have been her, if someone from Amy Winehouse's crew said or proved that she did try to call him then everyone would say Dr. Drew is a liar so it's very possible he's just stating the truth. Why does everyone always jump to conclusions, do we all have to look at everything negatively all the time?

August 1, 2011 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  5. Donna

This man is as bad as Sarah Palin and her brood. Go away you HACK and a SIMPLETON! Had he really had a missed call he would have called it back.

July 31, 2011 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Steve

OMG.... Dr. Drew killed Amy Winehouse!

July 31, 2011 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. TX4UREXKARLENE

He's looking for more patients for his next show !
    I do wish the Best for Leif Garrett ;-)

July 31, 2011 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. john

yeah I noticed that he did not return the phone call that could have saved her life. way to drop the ball...

July 31, 2011 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  9. mark

Wow, come to think of it, I also had a missed international call last Friday, so maybe she reached out to me as well!

I have never read so much clap trap!

July 31, 2011 at 8:57 am | Report abuse |
  10. Lillyann

How convenient for Dr. Drew to have missed a call from an international phone number to exploit that could have been Amy Winehouse. He will pimp out that for as long as he can.

I guess he is above "Doctor/Patient Confidentiality". Why would any intelligent person trust someone sleazy doctor who takes advantage of people who have addiction problems on tv or not? Addiction and struggling with them are not entertaining.

July 31, 2011 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Alma

Man, I really can't beleive I missed it. I really wanted to ask Jon if Vice Verses was in any way inspired by The Pilgrim's Progress, cause it sure seems like it. Hopefully they do another chat before the album release. I don't know if you know this Jeanna, but ustream.tv automatically records live sessions. All you have to do is go to the Switchfoot channel and go to the recordings. Btw, Drew just cracks me up! Like literally everything he does manages to make me laugh.

August 14, 2012 at 12:39 am | Report abuse |
  11. Lillyann

Dr. Drew is the kind of doctor who hurts those in need of help rather help them.

He would rather pimp out his "patients" for his own fame and money than focus on helping people whose problems should not be scrutinized for entertainment and ratings.

Is he even a real doctor? If he is the AMA should revoke his license and fine him. If he isn't the AMA and the FCC should sue him for falsely claiming he is a doctor. Either way he is doing more harm than good just so he can make money and feel important.

July 31, 2011 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
  12. Dr. Fool

Dr. Drew's 20 minutes of CNN fame is over – buzz off already and go back to radio.....I would say to practising psychiatry, but he is insulting to the profession – to the real psychiatrists! So egotistical yet never has anything of substance (no pun intended!).

July 30, 2011 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dr. Drew the Poo

Dr. Drew is a media wh*re....he has sold his soul (and any medical respect) to become a celebrity.He is FULL of himself and should lose his license.

July 30, 2011 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  14. BFREE

Sure she called him. And she called Oprah, Nancy Grace and Dr. Phil. Why is it that some people have to thrive on the tragedy of others to draw attention to themselves?

July 30, 2011 at 1:35 am | Report abuse |
  15. fernace

Yeah, the world needs to know that Amy almost called him, he almost talked to her & almost gave her the help that almost set her straight! He's almost such an excellent almost doctor!!

July 29, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • mattmo

Very true sir, how is it everyone creeps out of the woodwork like maggots to get in on the latest tradgedy moneywagon.
      if only if only.............hindsight is a wonderfull thing is'nt it, like if my auntie had a pair she would be my uncle !
      When you listen to her music she was wey beyond all in her genre, this is just a sad story of what could have been,addiction is illnes,she will be sorely missed.

July 31, 2011 at 7:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Josie

@mattmo i agree with your comment, but fernace isnt a sir. Thank you have a nice day!

July 31, 2011 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Evel Knievel

Love how that quack Dr Drew inserts himself into the story. Ummmmm, if he knew it was an intl number then he had the number on his phone. Why wouldn't he just return the call? Dr Drew is to recovery what Justin Bieber is to music.

July 29, 2011 at 7:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Norha

Thank you. I think it parly comes natural due to the getoranien I was born in; when I was at school, a lot of us had online diaries, and I think I learnt about the misuse of these things and although I have slipped up a couple of times since then, I try to not reveal anything too personal, and want the focus to be poetry and other things that inspire me, whilst giving a little bit about my life around these events. If anything, I want people to google me and read my blog! A lot of performers and artists use blogs to give fans a more personal insight into them as a person, or even as a brand . Not creepy, it's a good question!

March 14, 2012 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  17. Orgazmo

C'mon, we all know she didn't reach out. She was in her crackhead heaven until she was...not.

July 29, 2011 at 5:06 pm | Report abuse |
  18. The Måd Råp3r

@seriously,
    And J Dick is a known twát and attention whøre

July 29, 2011 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  19. no names, please

Amy was enabled by her handlers because they did NOT want to lose that paycheck.

July 29, 2011 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Seriously

Dr. Drew is a hack and nothing but a media wh0re and needs to get off of tv.

July 29, 2011 at 4:32 pm | Report abuse |