'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Jesse James and Kat Von D split
July 26th, 2011

'Showbiz Tonight' Flashpoint: Jesse James and Kat Von D split

Yes, it's true! Another failed relationship for Jesse James. But of all the days to breakup, he does so on Sandra Bullock's birthday?! Talk about timing.

Says "Showbiz Tonight's" A.J. Hammer, ”Who could have seen that coming? But here’s the thing – is there even a chance Sandra cares? I don’t think so!”

This one is a little surprising though, since Jesse and Kat Von D did seem pretty happy together. With all of their tattoos and their reality shows, they just had so much in common.

Nevertheless, Kat confirmed the breakup last night by tweeting, “I am no longer w Jesse and out of respect for him, his family and myself, thats all the info I’d like to share… thanks for respecting that.”

Jesse seems really upset about this too, telling People magazine, "I'm so sad because I really love her…the distance between us was just too much."

What do you think? Are you surprised that Jesse James and Kat Von D have split up? And do you think Sandra Bullock cares at all? Tell me below!

Watch Showbiz Tonight Weekdays Exclusively at 11PM ET on HLN.

1. Mr.Mojo

Just saw the episode where Kat, "tats" the image of young pubescent Jesse James below her left arm pit. (Fitting location). She's showing a bit of gut around the mid-section. Could it be she's carrying Jesse spawn or is it just a sign of a weak gut and no exercise? These two losers were truly made for each other. They fit together perfectly, like garlic and onions.

August 6, 2011 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  2. surgical assistant

thank god, Sandra divorced this horrible man. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets another woman sooner or later.

surgical assistant

July 30, 2011 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

FLESHLY PEOPLE CHEAT...SOME LIVE JUST TO STEAL YOUR MATE..THEY PLOT AND PLAN
    THE EVENT....I CALL THEM ALL FLESHLY FOOLS.
    BUT THE SPIRITUAL PERSON OH NO THEY ARE LOYAL TO THE END TO THEIR MATES.

July 28, 2011 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  4. candy

Tattoos are AWESOME, but I am sure she regrets getting his 4th grade portrait in her ribs! That HAD to hurt, in more ways than one, as it seems. I couldn't care less about either of them, but I wish only the best for anyone in this situation. And, yes, once a cheater, always a cheater.

July 28, 2011 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  5. hooray for karma!

Hahaha! What a pathetic mess. Both have no clue about love or marriage.

July 27, 2011 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Marissa

I find it pretty ironic that they split just days before the new season of LA Ink premieres. Jesse is all over the season trailer and they both chirp about how much they love each other. I'm glad she's not with him anymore. I wish she would get back together with Nikki Sixx, they seemed like a great fit.

July 27, 2011 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Debie

I never thought these two would break up, Kat Von D and Jesse James are perfect for each other, they both have the morals of an alley cat. And I'm quite sure Sandra Bullock could care less. After all Jesse did break her heart in the worse way. Once a cheater always a cheater, they can say it's due to long distance, I bet there's more to the story than Kat Von D is telling.

July 27, 2011 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Betty

A man who cheats on wife after wife is incapable of fidelity. Jesse enjoys the hunt but is not interested in keeping, just the the catching. He likely already has at least one other lover on the side. He does not value women beyond what they can do for him. He is a user and a woman would be foolish to believe that he will ever be faithful.

July 27, 2011 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Andi

I never understood how Jesse could be in "LOVE" with Sandra Bullock, cheat, and go about daily life as if nothing happened, and after the breakup, fell in "LOVE" with Kat? I think Jesse needs to re-evaluate the word "LOVE" and stop throwing it around. Although Jesse said that "distance" was the major factor, I just think he got bored as men do. LOVE is in Jesse's pants and mark my words, we'll hear of him around town or out-of-town with someone else!

And no, I don't feel that Sandra would have a relationship with him again. I don't feel that she'll allow herself to get hurt by the same person.

July 27, 2011 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  10. igor

Jesse will bounce back but not bullock. Bullock is just like that sniveling, whiney anniston who will never bet over Brad and such Stupid ugly bullock will never get over Jesse.

AHH HAHAAAAAA!!!

July 27, 2011 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  11. Nikki Sixx

I call sloppy 100ths!

July 27, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  12. Howard

But Jesse, on my Sirius show you said she was your "true soul mate, she had your back, she'd take a bullet for you, yada yada yada.....". Are you now saying you were F.O.S.?

July 27, 2011 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  13. mr.smily

I got a BIG smiley face coving my az$ so i can fash and moon ppl :)

July 27, 2011 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
    • Koki

tron500100 on July 7, 2011 why is it that in all the other prptepeus are girls and they are touching the other helpers ass!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????

February 14, 2012 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  14. deann

I saw that one coming!!

July 26, 2011 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Peace

What's wrong w/tattoos? Also, @ CornQueen, I hope so, too!

July 26, 2011 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  16. just sayin...

Observer is a stooge liberal and a pinhead!

July 26, 2011 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Rhonda Has Pen!$ Breath

Rhonda has a tat of a big pen!s on her back with the words "this wh 0re has pen!s breath"

July 26, 2011 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
  18. chaostrophy

For the record, I find Von D obnoxious and James even more so, based on the public personae they wantonly sell, but reading everyone reply to this circus as though they're confidantes of all involved is more than a little amusing, and it also perpetuates this kind of drama. For all we know, Sandra *could have been* hell in a hand-basket to live with, James could be privately charming, and Von D might rescue babies and puppy dogs from burning buildings in Somalia. Whatever. Each is, however, an excellent artist in his and her *own* way, and no matter how they're portrayed within the sphere of public spectacle, to deem someone unworthy of happiness and joy because you disagree with their lifestyle, or because they've made mistakes, or because you think tattoos suck, or because Miss Congeniality is your favorite movie EVER–save your judgment. Bullock most likely IS the American Sweetheart she's made out to be, and James has most certainly earned his Slimeball du jour status, but do you really need to wish misery upon strangers and reduce fellow human beings to such banal stereotypes to make yourself feel better? *reads comments* Yes, I guess so. Let the spectacle continue.

July 26, 2011 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Julie

Tatoos or no tatoos, his is white trash. He clearly proved that when he started mouthing off after the break up, got dumped!! Just could not leave well enough alone, no respect for himself so showed not respect!

July 26, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  20. pennylane

Who cares...the world will continue to turn......gotta gowatch The Proposal with Sandee and Ryan its about to start...bye?!!!

July 26, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Keren

Oh so predictable!

July 26, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  22. angie

Not surprised at all what did Kat think she was special? and why would you want to get involved with someone who did what he did to sandra who 's next ? Stop saying your in love everytime you date someone what's wrong with you?

July 26, 2011 at 6:47 pm | Report abuse |
  23. fernace

I read in a mag about 6 weeks ago where Kats' friend predicted this! She also revealed quite a bit of instability & mini-breakups! Jesse is probably 1 of those dudes who suspects his chick is cheating because he would! An insecure bozo, in other words! It seemed to me he was trying too hard to have the Perfect Relationship with Kat, to save face for getting caught& dumpted by Sandra! It became more about the "saving of the face" than having a healthy relationship, which is probably a "no go" for him! Well, the "tabloids" should have a field day with this...for the next several months....gear up, we'll be sick of it soon!!

July 26, 2011 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  24. alecia

Ha ha ha! theyre both gross!

July 26, 2011 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  25. itsamemario

damn..no matter who you are breaking up sucks. @rhonda just because you dont like tattoos doesnt mean your opinion is gospel. blanket statements only perpetuate ignorance..

July 26, 2011 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Observer

Jesse James is a liberal stooge. Kat will not miss him.

July 26, 2011 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  27. s

How convenient of her to make herself relevant just before her shows airs this Thursday!

July 26, 2011 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  28. will

Rhonda is our hero !

July 26, 2011 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  29. CornQueen

What a great present for Sandra! Karma to kick in on Jesse! I hope Kat cheated on him so he can see how it feels...

July 26, 2011 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • olive

@cornholequeen. karma...no. Jesse isnt bothered with this as there are tons of women for him...

July 27, 2011 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  30. Louie

I guess it is time for Jesse to buy a new couch. He really goes through couches. He must be too cheap to take the lady of the hour to a motel.

July 26, 2011 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. rhonda

I agree, tattoos are for poseurs who want to appear cool and edgy. They are so DONE now that everyone has one.
    These two are the same – has been been, wanna-be, attention wh@res who will date and do anyone that extends their 10 seconds of fame. I wish they would just go away.

Happy Birthday Sandra! Revenge is a dish best served cold, indeed!

July 26, 2011 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Richard Breath

I bet you typed this while sitting in a mu mu, didn't you? Don't lie!

July 26, 2011 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  32. janedoe5263

Nope, not surprised at all. I think Jesse had to make it seem like he was more in love with Kat than Sandra because of all the negative publicity he was getting. Ppl really hated him for cheating on Sandra, and they should have. She was the best thing that happened to him, and probably will ever be. But, of course, he doesn't want it to seem like that, so he puts up this front. You get what you deserve!

July 26, 2011 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • zeezee

Amen, Janedoe, Amen. Sandra is a class act, always has been and always will be. Jesse is a cheater, and always will be. I'm happy for Kat!

July 27, 2011 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  33. cool guy

Only loosers have tattoos.

July 26, 2011 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • mar

Only 'losers' don't know how to spell!

July 26, 2011 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Terry

I got my 1st tattoo when I was 21 yrs old. That was when you had to be 21 yrs old to get one. I'm a 54 yr old female that has full sleeves and have won awards and money for some of the work I've had done on my "canvas". As a matter of fact, I got 2 more tattoos today. This is MY preference. I pay for them. Body art is BEAUTIFUL when done in good taste. They're not for everyone. I work for the Sheriff's Dept and they don't have a problem with them. I personally don't give a rat's ass what you think of tattoos. Judge not....as the old saying goes...in other words keep your opinions to yourself and get a real life. Kat von D and Jesse James / Ami James too all give tattos a bad rap. The shop I go to...Special-D-Ink" in Rosenberg, TX has a couple of the best artist around without all the baggage...that's all those shows are...drama.

July 26, 2011 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

EASY NOW...BE NICE! I have Angel wings on my right shoulder, they are in honor of my 27 yr old son, no longer living. For 3 years, these wings have helped me, I don't know why. At 63, I am past caring what anyone thinks, but all tattoos weren't created equal, be a real COOL GUY and don't think of this mom as a looser.

July 26, 2011 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

CRAP, I'M A LOSER AFTER ALL? SPELLED IT WRONG TOO! So cool guy, we will just have to get past this!!

July 26, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  34. christmas reindeer

TATTOOS are just so disgusting. No wonder they broke up. I bet they repulsed each other.

July 26, 2011 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • candy

Yeah, they BOTH have tatoos, but the sight of the OTHERS tatoos disgusted them? Get a grip, get a life and get over being a fruity, judgemental fool. Idiot.

July 28, 2011 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  35. jillmarie

My first instict was to crack up! Jesse made a huge show about how much more he was in love, etc... with Kat than he ever was with Sandra. That was rude to Sandra! Not that she'll care.
    My guess is- he got caught cheating again! We'll see what comes out in the tabliods.

July 26, 2011 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Demetri Buttnik

Sandra is trying to get jesse back with her but he is smarter than that and will have none of her. Bullock is a disgusting pig.

July 27, 2011 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Mir

BAGibb on July 19, 2009 I think he laeft and then came back for a bit, dunno why tughoh lol

February 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  36. AustinIsFull

HA HA HA HA HA HA Bet he cheated on her. HA HA HA HA HA

July 26, 2011 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • LumberJack

Jesse need only snap his finger and bullock will come a runnin like the mutt she is.

July 27, 2011 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  37. Me

I am not surprised at all that the relationship didn't last. Karma is a $itch. And, I honestly don't think Sandra cares either. Why would she?

July 26, 2011 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fanny B Tender

Im so glad jesse dumped that snotty little whiner, Sandra BullShyt.

July 27, 2011 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • loriey

Jesse claimed "kat Von D was a vixen" in the sack....guess it wasn't all that good......he left riding motor cycles to riding Kat Von D....guess motorcycles were better rides.
      Kat was stupid enough to have tattooed on one side of her body a good sized portrait of Jesse James as a child.......maybe she can call Corey Miller to help her disguise it................
      Oh wait a minute, Kat Von D treated Corey Miller like SH** when he worked for Kat leaving his own Tattoo shop hours away to help Kat von D get LA Ink up & running. Kat refused to give Corey & personal time off to visit his family & business both locations hours away fm LA Ink. Yet Kat gave tattoo artist "Dan" freedom to come & go as he please to attend his band's tours.
      Corey Miller finally woke u p & quit, walking out on Kat when he realized how ungrateful she is.
      Corey Miller is a much sought after artist...I hope he continues to prosper.
      As for kat Von D.....I will no longer watch her show....maybe a few for laughs to see her drooling over Jesse James....since I know the out come is she was DUMPED..

July 28, 2011 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |