Kelly Osbourne
July 26th, 2011

Photos: Celebrities attend Winehouse funeral

On Tuesday, mourners gathered in black, with at least one wearing a beehive hairdo, to pay tribute to the late Amy Winehouse, who died of still unknown causes at the age of 27 in her London home on Saturday.

The singer's father Mitch Winehouse released a statement following the funeral and subsequent cremation. Read the statement in full after the jump:

"Amy was the greatest daughter, family member and friend you could ever have. I will talk a lot about her fantastic recovery. Recently Amy found love with Reg. He helped her with her problems and Amy was looking forward to their future together. She was the happiest she has been for years. We all remember that great night at the 100 Club on Oxford Street, her voice was good, her wit and timing were perfect.

She told me that she had 'thoroughly, thoroughly enjoyed herself.' The last time she called me she had found a box of old family photos and called me to go over to look. We spoke 3 times a day at least, she was very excited.

3 years ago, Amy conquered her drug dependency, the doctors said it was impossible but she really did it. She was trying hard to deal with her drinking and had just completed 3 weeks of abstinence

She said, 'Dad I've had enough, I can't stand the look on your and the family's faces anymore.'

She was not depressed. She saw Janis and Reg on Friday and was in good spirits. That night, she was in her room, playing drums and singing. As it was late, her security guard said to keep it quiet and she did. He heard her walking around for a while and when he went to check on her in the morning he thought she was asleep. He went back a few hours later, that was when he realized she was not breathing and called for help.

But knowing she wasn't depressed, knowing she passed away, knowing she passed away happy, it makes us all feel better.

I was in New York with my cousin Michael when I heard and straight away I said I wanted an Amy Winehouse Foundation, something to help the things she loved – children, horses, but also to help those struggling with substance abuse.

In this country, if you cannot afford a private rehabilitation clinic, there is a two year waiting list for help. With the help of Keith Vaz MP, we are trying to change that."

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. grimreaper

Someones got me on speed dial? Awesome!

July 31, 2011 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  2. Amy_Winehouse

Her life was thrilling, her voice was brilliant, but her lve to drugs was ugly... R.I.P. Amy.. On http://www.torrentoff.com there are all her songs

July 28, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
  3. No no NOOOOOOO

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm1zd7WoFAE&w=640&h=390]

July 27, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. grimreaper

Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful.

July 27, 2011 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  5. CV

She was someone's little girl, full of dreams and even though hope seemed to have escaped her, she touched lives in ways that most of us will never know about or understand! But her life meant something, it had a purpose, a good purpose. I pray for comfort and encouragement for all her family and friends and fans.

July 27, 2011 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  6. natthie

Che che che, why so angry che?? Why have you turned the events of her death into your platform. Why are you using the tragic death of another to spew such hate towards others? I am sorry for the pain you suffer. You can replace anger with peace, hate with love and sorrow with joy. Life is beautiful. Live in its beauty.

July 27, 2011 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Takin a Deuce

Such a shame. Too bad it wasnt Billy Joel or Barry Manilow or Michael Stipe or Paul Simon or Bob Dylan or Ringo or...

July 27, 2011 at 1:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Truth

DEATH is inevitable, your or mine another heart beat/breath is never guaranteed.
    Come to God in all sincerity before your time is up.

July 27, 2011 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  9. shalom

My condolences go out to amy family!!people get a life why so negative!!!God has the last say!!!

July 27, 2011 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Frank

If in her death she inspires a foundation that can help people resolve their inner personal demons than her life was not wasted. I hope that her father isn't just speaking the words of a man in mourning. If he can follow through and get through to the local government in the UK about substance abuse and get more clinics open that would be a huge win. She wasted her talent – let her life not be wasted in vain.

July 27, 2011 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ed

Lets hope Patti LaBelle is next.

July 27, 2011 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  12. natthie

Hey che, I'm a buddahindmusschriew.also a liberal. I'm also hold degrees in history and religous studies. I would support your hateful comments about the jews murdering jesus but sadly the bible is not historically accurate. If one is catholic we all remember moses portrayed with horns. Why? Because that what was stated in your historical bible. It is a fact that cannot be disputed the roman empire convicted jesus as a revoluntionary. As stated in my earlier comments there is far to much darkness in this world. Too many who hate and far too many who use incorrect info that they state as fact. I hope that you can start to find light in your world. Even a sliver may begin to expose you to the world of humanity. Stop watching mel gibson movies may also help guide you into a world of love, tolerance, and kindness for others. I send you peace and love.

July 27, 2011 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  13. mia

For those of you who had negative things to say about how "ugly" Amy Winehouse was, I'm pretty sure you all are glad that your picture isn't shown. And about her drug use, some of you are probably high as a kite right now.

July 27, 2011 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  14. OUR OPINION

I really cannot believe the crap I am reading. You people are really saying some terrible things about someone most of you did not know, never even saw or talked to. You are truly a disappoint to any kind of religion or civilization. Some of you say you want to die now. Others have less than no respect for any kind of religion or belief. Don't you have any respect for yourselves. I am totally disabled and would do anything in the world to be able to get up and just go outside and do something. Please people try to be nice to eachother or at least do not judge eachother, unless you are perfect you do have the right to judge others. One of these days you will be judged and it will count. That person who will judge you will know everything about you, you will not have to say a word. Think about it please. Any pain and suffering you endure on this earth is nothing compared to that which you may have to suffer after death. You may not believe, but you do not know for sure.....

July 27, 2011 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  15. TODD

SHE WAS ALL CAUGHT UP IN BLAKE, WHOM DIDNT CARE ANYMORE, SHE COULDNT GET OVER HIM, SHE NEEDED TO MEET A NORMAL DUDE LIKE ME, I WOULD HAVE TAKEN CARE OF HER. IM JUST AN AVERAGE JOE, WHO WOULD LOVE TO DATE A CELEB.

July 27, 2011 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  16. Yoyo

People hated jesus too and he did nothing but good. Amy winehouse was certantly up there in pair with bill holiday and all the other great few.

July 27, 2011 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  17. AMAZED

I am AMAZED at the power of the Internet. I once read..... The internet gives people the power to speak – even the FOOLS. It doesn't matter what she was doing with her life. It was her life only which she controlled. BUT control is an illusion. No one knows what will happen the next second, minute or day. Therefore, being rude and disrespectful is not warranted. At least respect her as a HUMAN. Remember, you too are only occupying this space on earth for a minute.

July 27, 2011 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  18. sulane

"I swear there ain't no heaven, and I pray there ain't no hell – but I'll never know by living – only my dying will tell." (Blood, Sweat and Tears -– She knows. May God comfort her family and friends as the lost something they cherished very much even if we did not know her.

July 27, 2011 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  19. nikstar

uhm, cnn...why are you not posting my COMMENT???

July 27, 2011 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  20. iwatchu

What we need is more drama, in the news.....

July 27, 2011 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  21. Rebecca

Very sad for her family and friends but i can not agree with these comments that she had an "Illness" or "Disease" she was a junkie and junkies die every day by choice. You use eventually you will die they make the choice to die. I can not feel sympathy for her death only for the people she left behind with broken hearts.

July 27, 2011 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  22. Yawn...

No talent...horrible music (if you want to call it that)...I feel bad for her family but not her...save your tears for someone who deserves them...moving on....

July 27, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |
  23. TODAY

poor Amy...no more...awesome voice...rest in peace

July 27, 2011 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
  24. Kaycee

Amy WAS talented! Wheather you liked what she produced or not.To all of you who are so critical, you obviously have some interest in Amy otherwise why are you spending your time on this? Why don't you go work on your contribution to the world? Or is this it? Please just show respect for Amy,and those of us who respect her.Thank you! Have a great life :)

July 27, 2011 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  25. aGWARslave

We should just move on and forget about yet another junkie in the limelight.

July 27, 2011 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  26. Finally at peace.

They are in so much denial. Anyone who believes that she "conquered her addiction" is lying to themselves.
    I've known addicts in my life. That performance in Belgrade... That was not alcohol alone.
    So sad. She was such a wonderful talent. But she was NOT free of her drug addiction.

I'm sad to know we won't hear anything more from her, glad she has finally found peace.
    A beautiful soul, that woman.

July 27, 2011 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  27. jessicaber

Wow. We have a very similar case going on in Montpelier, Vermont right now. Montpelier is the state capitol of Vermont with a girl friend of mine. It is under police investigation. She was found asleep in her bed in the morning, but could not be woken up. Later in the day she was vomiting in bed and was in a coma, I think. An ambulance took her...so this was "hours later" after she just seemed to be asleep. She has now been in the hospital for 25 days most of that in the ICU. They do not know what is wrong with her.

July 27, 2011 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  28. William

@. Simon Todd!

WIN!

July 27, 2011 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
  29. Kimber

Tried to make me go to rehab and I said NO NO NO, and now I'm DEAD, DEAD, DEAD

July 27, 2011 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
  30. biggerballz

hopefully kelly osborne will be next, shes like amy except fat and without any talent

July 27, 2011 at 8:25 am | Report abuse |
  31. ROCKWOOD

I hope she rests in peace.

July 27, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  32. Anna D.

I didn't listen to her music, but whenever someone loses somebody, we must all remember we are on borrowed time, and that now is the time to repent and be forgiven

July 27, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  33. Fanny B Tender

oh

July 27, 2011 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  34. Respect

You know what all, I'd rather remember her for her fantastic voice and music rather than her demons. She was clearly a tortured soul who struggled for a long time – as so many artists do. The media attention certainly didn't help our perception of her, and even maybe her perception of herself. Her music is what I'll remember her for. No amount of Amy bashing can nullify the fact that she was an asset to her art. It's a shame that she's gone so soon. RIP Amy.

July 27, 2011 at 7:37 am | Report abuse |
  35. CW0WW

Out of respect for Amy the parents should change their last name to Soberhouse

July 27, 2011 at 7:31 am | Report abuse |
  36. gvgvvg

Who gives a rats a$s. Another worthless crack wh0re turned into worm food.

July 27, 2011 at 6:39 am | Report abuse |
  37. Name*vanessa hudson

RIP Amy winehouse. You will b greatly missed. We all love you and will c you someday in the future. Hugs and loves Vanessa

July 27, 2011 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |
  38. Name*vanessa hudson

RIP Amy winehouse. You willtt b greatly missed. We all love you and will c you someday in the future. Hugs and loves Vanessa

July 27, 2011 at 5:50 am | Report abuse |
  39. Name*vanessa hudson

RIP Amy winehouse. You willtt b greatly missed. We atll love you and will c you someday in the future. Hugs and loves Vanessa

July 27, 2011 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  40. Los angeles 213

I think people need to get a life.God is real and she could've gone to heaven or hell but either way I respect her and her music but to all writing nonsence go to sleep or do something on the real!!

July 27, 2011 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  41. ODM

Sad to say I am not shocked by her death. I do not however agree with the rude comments about her! Regardless of whether you were a fan of her music or not she was a human being. Anyone with that sort of addiction is to be pitied. A life over after 27 short years, my heart goes out to all those who loved her and knew the person she was before the drugs. So sorry for your loss.

July 27, 2011 at 5:03 am | Report abuse |
  42. Shaun Catron

she wasn't very talented at all. why is everyone pretending like they care? none of you knew her.

July 27, 2011 at 4:56 am | Report abuse |
  43. Gman

gonna miss that beautiful voice

July 27, 2011 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  44. SincereThoughts

Some people in this world are just so negative. It's sickening to read some of these comments being made. Regardless if you were a fan or not, some should still have respect. I personally didn't know Amy Winehouse, but I enjoyed her music, her rich soulful voice. It's disappointing to see another young, entertainer die before he/she received all recognition & a "peace of mind". Substances like drugs and alcohol can kill, but remember words can, too everyone. My thoughts go out to Amy's family & friends and fans, like myself. We don't know her trails and tribulations, so everyone shouldn't pass judgement.

July 27, 2011 at 3:50 am | Report abuse |
  45. SincereThoughts

Some people in this world are just so negative. I've read some if the ridiculous comments made and alllll

July 27, 2011 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  46. Frankie Wamyhigh

Really? She was a strung out crackhead. Give it up.

July 27, 2011 at 3:36 am | Report abuse |
  47. Johnny See

- Rev. 2:23 – Jesus searches the hearts and repays us according to our deeds.

July 27, 2011 at 3:34 am | Report abuse |
  48. Nameponst*

Crash and burn. Game over. Hard to feel sorry for her. Do feel sorry for the family.

July 27, 2011 at 3:11 am | Report abuse |
  49. Dan

All u ppl that have said the terrible things about her r f+ckn stupid go get a life or maybe u cant and thats why u have to b so negative RIP Amy

July 27, 2011 at 2:47 am | Report abuse |
  50. spring

Well for the people that have bad things to say, just stop. If you didnt like her dont care what happened then keep it to urself. If it was you would you want ur family read all the hate people said about you. Have RESPECT for her family!

July 27, 2011 at 2:39 am | Report abuse |
  51. hught

Amy Winehouse said several times in interviews that she suffered from untreated Bipolar Disorder, or manic-depressive illness. It's a brain disorder and mental illness that can drive sufferers to substance abuse and addiction.

The stigmas attached to mental illness and substance abuse in our society are staggering and run deep. Another talented, beautiful icon lost to these disorders.

July 27, 2011 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  52. grimreaper

Not even Gavin from AutoGlass could help her with her crack problem

July 27, 2011 at 2:16 am | Report abuse |
  53. grimreaper

Did you guys really think she was gonna write an autobiography 30 yrs from now?

July 27, 2011 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  54. Darren

Some of the people who replied to this REALLY need to learn how to spell.

July 27, 2011 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
  55. Chukwudike

Amy was a great singer who believed she could get 2ru anything and she did,considering the facr that she had completed 3 weeks of abstinence 4rm drinking and drug dependency.It's quiet to know that Amy spent her last days on earth happy.I sincerely wish her a nice time with the creator in paradise.

July 27, 2011 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  56. am_badass_a_dor

Are you all really fighting over someone NONE OF YOU KNEW?

July 27, 2011 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
  57. Renee

Ridiculous that man can have the technology to go to the moon, but have nothing but those useless 12 steps for addicts.

July 27, 2011 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  58. mzp

first of all my condolesense goes out to tha winehouse family and everyone is saying this and that about amy well u know what everybody handles stress different some cant take it and turn to drugs well i on the other hand would turn to a higher authority and thats god but some dont do that and thats what so messed up about the situation but shes not the only .

July 27, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  59. ohyawnzzz

Yes I am aware Morrison Joplin and Hendrix died from drugs as well. As for Billy Holliday...she was a great talent and no I dont think the drugs made her a loser I think the drugs made her lost. I found nothing I liked about Winehouse when she was aliveAnd found all the false praise at her death most anoying. As a person and somebodys daughter I truely am sorry for their loss. As for Amy Winehouse the tabloid trainwreak...not so much

July 27, 2011 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
  60. Alex

R.I.P Amy! respect the dead people!

July 27, 2011 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  61. Stacey Hollis

I love u Amy Android your music soothed my son and My souls. You will be missed!

July 27, 2011 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  62. Genitalia

Johns quote didnt make any sense. You ppl are just pituful to agree with every1 to make friends. Get a d amn life.

July 27, 2011 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  63. Ms Cali

For all you disrespectful people who commented negatively about Amy....Your day will come!!!! You all are a bunch of sick-minded people & its obvious that you have already been taken by the devil!!!!!

July 26, 2011 at 11:55 pm | Report abuse |
  64. lilsistor

Reading all of these comments I've come to 1 conclusion, most all of you are a bunch of WHACK JOBS!! This is a young woman who had drug/alcohol problem and now is dead, I personally didn't care for her style of music but what it comes down to is that she was someones daughter/sister/cousin/ neice & friend. Shes in GODS care now and we should just let her REST IN PEACE!! So for the rest of you, GO POUNCE OFF!

July 26, 2011 at 11:48 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Kalyn from FL

Ms. Winehouse had her demons, sure, but this doesn't give ANYONE the right to speak ill of her... This was somebody's daughter. Can we have a little respect here? Personally, I think Amy had a lot of potential and it's sad that it wasn't fully developed. RIP

July 26, 2011 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Hmm

The b!*ch is in a better place so why are you guys making it a big deal. i wish it was me that was 6 feet under. life sucks and the world is getting worse. we are all going to be poor az$es when the country has no money left which is now

July 26, 2011 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  67. sycotic

Idiot.

July 26, 2011 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  68. POOR MAN

gone to soon. thank GOD for amy. 27 years he didn,t have to give us and everybody who loved her. now he led her away from the hurt and pain of this world that can fool you into the wrong things to make you happy and ease the pain. because we don,t know what we nead till it,s gone. Amy is now gone but in a better place than any rehab or resort. life it,s hard and painful but hold on it,ll be alright. love each other and pray for each other. GOD BLESS.

July 26, 2011 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  69. fernace

It would be nice, since this is a blog of an untimely death,if every1 could just try to control those nasty- remark-urges! Thanks. Condolences to the Winehouse family, & to all who came to admire Amys vast talents! RIP it, girl! Have a concert with those who went before you, this year!!

July 26, 2011 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  70. shellsbells

I am not an amy winehouse hater, but weather or not it was drugs, I am a drug hater. In my community, kids kill themselves over drugs all the time. Its sad but its true. You make one bad mistake, take one wrong pill, and if your not careful, it turns into a disease.like cancer. It destroys you and your body. I feel sorry that amy was overcome by her addictions, but we all probably know someone who has died this way, and it is not going to get any better. Pray for healing. In our communities and for our children. She could have been your daughter.

July 26, 2011 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Shenaniganz

So the fact that she had a drug problem made her a LOSER & a NOBODY??? WOW...look at you judging..with your high almighty self. I bet you think that because Billie Holiday was addicted to heroin also that SHE too was a loser,right? NO... Amy deserves respect just like any person who passes away. Didn't your mother teach you any common sense? Amy was a GREAT talent with a soulful voice & undeniable beauty.

July 26, 2011 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
  72. ed

The world is mean an evel. Why do we do what we do. why don,t we do the things we should do. Why maybe heaven has the answer. amy,s there. because we live on life terms. how will you live your life.How will you die. none us know,s how. that,s why life is so special . no matter who you are. do u thank god for the gift of life or do you think it,s owed to you. something to think about. keep it pushin.

July 26, 2011 at 10:13 pm | Report abuse |
  73. ugh

I was not a fan of her music but from whatI saw of her she was an intresting person, very unique and did what she wanted. Just like everyone else except for the lights on her. Who cares on what her religon was. She died too young, as it is not right for a parent to bury their child. Grow up people and realize that we are NOT all the same. People make sideways comments on the issue- grow the hell up as it is people like YOU that keep the circle of hatred alive and then you teach ur own children that crap.

July 26, 2011 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  74. CHASE

July 26, 2011 at 10:07 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Bonze

Not one of us is so innocent that we should speak so badly of someone that just died, just b/c of her addiction. Why not say a kind word or stay silent. You cant love an addict into quiting, its just not how it works.

July 26, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  76. CHASE

It is a shame people have NOTHING better to do than to go out of thier way and talk so negative about someone they NEVER knew!!! I think it is safe to say we ALL have our demons to contend with...

July 26, 2011 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  77. AmyFan21

There are so many winehouse haters out there! OMG I must be in the minority being a big fan of hers!??
    For anyone that was an actual supporter and isn't looking to just bash her for having an addiction...
    I found a website with some pretty cool shirts remembering her at http://www.amywinehouseshirt.com

July 26, 2011 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  78. CHASE

Those who live in glass houses really should not throw stones... Amy Winehouse had a VERY unique and talented voice... Until it is determined for sure what killed her, it is a little unfair to pin this on any addictions she may have had. Maybe she WAS sober... Either way... Her Familys' loss is tragic! I for one Loved her music and have her CD.

July 26, 2011 at 10:01 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Snarky Trollop

@ ohyawnzzz , ummm , ah, not really sure if you are aware but Joplin , Morrison and Hendrix were also drug addicts. Just saying

July 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  80. dee

@Captains Liberia & Brazil go to hell you nasty nazi's. Who cares what religion, color or whatever she was. She was a human being. She had more humanity in her little toe than you two combined. You brainless freaks of nature

July 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Jazzmin

Amy, You are @ peace and hope the Lord is holding you in His arms as you serenade him3

July 26, 2011 at 9:59 pm | Report abuse |

WHAT IF THAT WAS YOUR SISTER BETTER YET YOUR MOM WOULD THEY BE LUCKY B**CHES

July 26, 2011 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dieyoung

Give it another forty or fifty years and you will be 6 feet under ground. :D

July 27, 2011 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
  84. Peace

@ John, I nominate you to do a quote of the day, everyday! That was great! As for AW, very sad, so young. I just can't imagine what her parents are going thru. R.I.P. Amy

July 26, 2011 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Karma

I cannot believe the anti-semitic comments.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate only love can do that.Hate multiplies hate, violence multiplies violence, and toughness multiplies toughness in a descending spiral of destruction." – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

July 26, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  86. bobo

Very sad to read the note her father wrote. As a parent myself, I mourn for his loss. No matter what problems your children may have, you will always, always love them. No matter what.

July 26, 2011 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  87. jerry

@Lulu, are you saying Jesus doesn't like Jews?

July 26, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  88. albatross

Kelly Osbourne.... pfffh.

July 26, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  89. bobo

She.s in heaven.The hard road had bumps because she was a person. Now all the pain from this race called the human race is over.The storm is now gone.

July 26, 2011 at 9:41 pm | Report abuse |
  90. John M

Okay, I know I will get skewered here but I am really sad about this! I loved her music and her persona. "Wkat kind of fu$¥ery is this was a brillant line. Cheers Amy and thank you for your legacy. Sleep well!!!

July 26, 2011 at 9:39 pm | Report abuse |
  91. SOUL SISTA

ITS NOT TO LATE JOHN REPENT JESUS LOVES YOU!

July 26, 2011 at 9:36 pm | Report abuse |
  92. natthie

When we refuse to accept and respect that there are many spirtual beleifs and faiths no matter how large the print size or exclamation points used. No one will respect your spirtual faith. We wonder where are children learn the acts of bullying from. Be well with and in all things!

July 26, 2011 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  93. dave

God isn't real. she is dead and decomposing. She wasn't any more special than anyone else and her death should just prove that the choices you make in life have consequences. sucks to be her.

July 26, 2011 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  94. natthie

This is why people should know their history before blurting out comments. The Romans executed jesus. It is a historical fact. Read real history books that will enlighten one on how the roman empire was governed

July 26, 2011 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • BLESSED

HE HAS RISEN BELIEVETH THIS FACT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 26, 2011 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Che

"natthie" you stated "The Romans executed jesus"?
      Facts Undisputed: The execution of Jesus was instigated and perpetuated by the EVIL acts of JEWS. The first EVIL steps of instigation, agitation and falsehood by evil Jews led to his final execution on the cross. Also it’s “Jesus” and NOT “jesus”. With these, I question your so-called Christian Faith. In short you’re a FAKE Christian. You don’t know the Scriptures. You can’t massage or manipulate the TRUTH. You can do that at your silly, deceitful Tea Party gatherings of DECEITFUL IDIOTS not here ...................... period!

July 27, 2011 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  95. bryant

I,m glad there,s only one judge and thank god he,s not here on earth. the only amy we hear about is the bad. We all have to sides like it or not. Will you be ready. This is something that you will face.

July 26, 2011 at 9:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

Hard to take you seriously when you don't even know the difference between an apostrophe and a comma.

July 26, 2011 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  96. THE TRUTH

U LIVE AND U LEARN

July 26, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  97. natthie

Why are so many of these comments are reckless and bereft of thought and feelings?? You are partaking in insulting one another and whipping out the god card to prove who has more holy rights than another. I hope that this brings growth in our humananity but reading these comments I find many have none.

July 26, 2011 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • BLESSED

ITS NOT WHIPPING OUT THE SPIRITUAL CARD ITS EDUCATING AND I SEE U ARE A SLOW LEARNER!

July 26, 2011 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • the punisher

@BLESSED: You must be a right-wing fundamentalist, judging from the way you preach by YELLING! Or just too stupid to find the CAPS LOCK key. Get over yourself.

July 27, 2011 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Che

"BLESSED" you called someone a slow learner? Get this through your fake Sunday Christianity head, in the intellectual world "LOCKED CAPS" are for illiterate "Computer Dummies". Get that? Seek some Education. Evil GOP PunkAss Sperm!

July 27, 2011 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  98. HUMAN BEING

SO WHAT YOU WANTED HIM TO GIVE IT TO CHARITY?

July 26, 2011 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Phoenix Starr

I didn't "follow" her career although I really liked Back to Black with the fab Dap Kings, but she was young and not in control of her emotions, I'm not sure she wanted the fame and all that entails, I saw that her dad had hie thoughts on her 20 million $$, when he was suggesting a foundation to be set up,

July 26, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Julie

SIMON TODD: you are truly an a– h-! You are such an angry jerk! We will remember Amy, whether you like it or not!
    No, at 63 yrs old and 23+yrs clean and sober, I am not ashame of appreciating who she was and her contribution to the world of music. If in anyway I was responsible for your comments/way of thinking, then I would be ashame.
    YOU WILL BE FORGOTTEN, like right now!

July 26, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Simon Todd

Re read my comments before you condemn. I feel sorry for Amy because she was possesed by the evil of drugs. But the people that supported her are to blame incl her SI called fans and management. Why Is anyone really shocked about her death.

Did u see the Serbia performance Why in the world were people cheering for her? She should have been yanked off the stage and put in a stray jacket and forced to go to rehab or not perform. It is shame on society to allow such sick depressesed dysfunctional people to perform publicly. What message are u sending? I think there is a sick part of us that likes to see such behavior.

Remember Natalie Cole warned against giving her a Grammy Bc we validate her behavior and tell her it is ok. I gues that why her rehab sing was a hit. But of course now we know she should have said yes yes yes

July 27, 2011 at 6:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Realist

Natalie Cole??? Famous for riding her fathers coat tails and for being 'possessed by the evils' of drugs as well? Bad example...
      Grammys arent awarded to validate behavior, its a recognition if talent and success.

July 27, 2011 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  101. madhater

Russell Brand killed her so he could be in the spotlight a little longer.

July 26, 2011 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  102. natthie

Sad that her death has to bring out so much hatred. We are all a part of humanity and when one is unable to express the simplest act of respect for those who loved and knew her brings far more darkness into this world and covers the light of love for all that her voice tried to bring. We are all responsible for her death when we ignore the depths of pain that we all suffer and battle and are just to arrogant and selfish to reach out and pull up another into living in light. By the way I was not a fan persay. I am a human who chooses to love all even the ones who feel that hateful comments befits such a sorrowful event. Find some light!!

July 26, 2011 at 8:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

These are "hate trafficker" worst and more dangerous than any drug. Most of us won't get contaminated, they can also teach us how NOT TO BE!

July 26, 2011 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • mug1001

I mean seriously though, what do you expect?? Even when you say things like "her voice tried to bring love and light into the world", people that are realists cannot help but ridicule that. She was a burnout wastoid singing to get rich. It is unfortunate that she got rich, because she offed herself like everyone knew she would. I liked her sound, her look, and her nostalgia too, but lets not get dramatic and call this anything but natural selection, because thats what it is

July 27, 2011 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  103. redridinghood70

After seeing her Serbian performance it is quite obvious her demons were in full control..so sad as her talent was massive. Shame on her managers for pushing an obviously messed up performer to once again take the stage..so sad and so sorry for her family and friends. I wish her peace

July 26, 2011 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • BLESSED

HIS WILL BE DONE!

July 26, 2011 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Che

"redridinghood70" it takes a "DEMON" to know another "DEMON".
      Evil "DEMON-redridinghood70" who are yee to judge? Rid yourself of the Evil "DEMONS" within!

July 27, 2011 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  104. thedes1

http://gumptionandnote.tumblr.com/- log on to this wonderful british blog for two commentaries on the death of winehouse and lucian freud

July 26, 2011 at 8:30 pm | Report abuse |
  105. @just sayin..

And you should too jack a^z

July 26, 2011 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Camboo12

Condolence to the surviving loved ones....

July 26, 2011 at 8:28 pm | Report abuse |
  107. dvan

it's sad but kind of expected, I loved her voice. People seem to always say it was unexpected and they seemed happy but most the time it's just an act to make people think that at their worste. She clearly had something wrong with her on her comeback tour

July 26, 2011 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  108. me!!!

Nobody should speak ill of the dead. none of you know went on with her life that made her turn to drugs. but I truly believe she was dealing with her demons and I guess god thought he need more than we did.

July 26, 2011 at 8:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • biggerballz

or she just OD'ed, god doesn't care about drug addicted celebtards just like he doesn't care about those who die in war and famine

July 27, 2011 at 8:23 am | Report abuse |
  109. just sayin...

portal punk need to change ur name to LAMEA$$!

July 26, 2011 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  110. tiffany's pride

@ohyawnzz u wont even know talent even if u walked right thru it, tks a loser n a nobody to know another, yuv already introduced urself, whn u die "nobody" might evn remember ur funeral!

July 26, 2011 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  111. SOUL SISTA

@ ohyawnzzz u are out of line everyone of us including u are special just know it could be u next what would u have to say for yourself to jesus he is god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!think about it who are u to judge?

July 26, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Weewooo

I guess she should have gone to rehab...but she said...no...no..no

July 26, 2011 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • SOUL SISTA

DONT YOU GET IT DRUGS OR NO DRUGS YOU CAN BE NEXT WE ALL HAVE AN EXPIRATION DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU BETTER BELIEVE THIS IS TRUE.

July 26, 2011 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • jem morgue

I said this on the day the news broke and apparently the mods didn't find it funny. Still makes me smile. And soul sista, please refrain from screaming, it hurts my eyes.

July 26, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  113. tiffany's pride

I still believe she wanted to live, sing, perform n be wit her loved ones, if she reli wanted to die she cud ve hung herself or jumped over d bridge, bt she turned to drugs to numb d pains so she cud live, dt was her of survivin d hate of d media/people, d insecurities of a broken heart, we nev kno wat dis gal went thru evry b4 she cud sleep its easy to play god but can u walk inside her shoe n walk a mile? Was a free, jolly soul, she wasnt pretentious or selfish, she wanted help dats y she cried it in her lyrics baring her broken soul, she had an ultimate talent, its a greater loss to those didnt kno her songs, cos she left her fans a timeless gift! Amy ur fans re numb wit sadness...love/miss yu candy rain...rip

July 26, 2011 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Julie

At 63 and 23+ yrs clean and sober, I can say that I am so glad to know that people like you are in this world. Kindness and lack of judgement will keep your heart in the right place. Stay this way and thank you!

July 26, 2011 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • froman

Is this the education my tax dollar buys?!

July 27, 2011 at 7:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Nappyphil

I'm sorry.....WHAT?!!

July 27, 2011 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Lesley

Well said! people nowadays say the most stupid things on the web, they do not feel compasion for anyone, they just say outrageous things because they think they are better and it is so cool to be cruel and heartless. But fate is gonna teach them some lessons!

July 27, 2011 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • mug1001

Dude...figure out how to use a keyboard.

July 27, 2011 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dan

Wow...are you texting while driving drunk with your eyes closed?

July 27, 2011 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  114. BObbie MOrgan

y I didn't no you that well as a singer but my heart still goes out to u and your family rest in piece my child.

July 26, 2011 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Herb

I think people who make "first!" comments ought to shampoo my crotch.

Rest in peace, Amy.

July 26, 2011 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  116. yolanda

What a great loss, so young and talented. She could have accomplished so much more. I pray that her soul is finally at rest.

July 26, 2011 at 7:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • dumb_junkies@diejunkies.com

Great loss ? really efin really ? stupid drug addict that what she was, I dont care how much talent, she spend mroe time drinking and getting high, to hell all of you dumb junkies.
      feel sorry for a dumb person, there are better persons on this earth than this dumb a$$

July 27, 2011 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • @ dumb_junkies

Your life isn't worth having, either.

July 27, 2011 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  117. bryant

once again tomarow is not promise to any of us. drugs or no drugs. try to be good to everyone you never know who,s next

July 26, 2011 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dieyoung

Amen to that, bro. Life is short regardless of what people think.

July 27, 2011 at 2:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Che

Who's next?
      John Boehner and his Tea Party EVIL Idiots who were conceived by the SPERM of the Devil Lucifer.
      Glad you asked.

July 27, 2011 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  118. prisilla

So sad..so young..talented and beautiful.

July 26, 2011 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deeza

Young? Yes. Talented? Very. Beautiful? Ummmmmm . . . maybe on the inside.

July 27, 2011 at 2:28 am | Report abuse |
  119. Gail Snail

My condolences to the Winehouse family for the loss of their daughter & sister. Amy left this world way too early. Her music & recordings will live on.

July 26, 2011 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Captain Bosnia

Yep, she will be remembered for her one hit wonder song and the fact that it's ironic. Maybe she should have gone to rehab...

July 26, 2011 at 9:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • albatross

jerk -v

July 26, 2011 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  120. soul sista

Amy jesus saw that u needed him an he came right away enjoy your place in heaven see u there angel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 26, 2011 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lulu

She was Jewish.

July 26, 2011 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • BLESSED

SHE MAY HAVE BEEN JEWISH BUT WE ARE ALL ONE IN THE SIGHT OF OUR SAVIOR!!

July 26, 2011 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • biggerballz

nice try moron but she was about as religious as a toad

July 27, 2011 at 8:19 am | Report abuse |
    • mug1001

ROFL!!! I bet that's exactly what happened. And then they were both really confused. Jesus then realized that he had accidentally grabbed jehovas iphone that day and thats why he had been running into all jews.

July 27, 2011 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Triniladybug

Soul Sista, and also Poor Man GOD bless you both. God Bless The Winehouse Family .Your ANGEL AMY is with you always!!!!

July 27, 2011 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • kynsynna

there is no god, ultra fail

July 27, 2011 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pablo

Roses are reddish
      Violets are blueish
      If it wasn't for Jesus
      We'd all be Jewish!
      LOL

July 27, 2011 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  121. American Boy

It's a tragedy when a talent like this is lost. So young & pretty. Pictures of her when she was healthy are amazing. She was so beautiful. Drug addiction does not discriminate, those who think it can't happen to you, and have comments about that are fooling yourself. It can happen to anyone. Rest in Peace Amy. Thank you for music which will live on forever. You will be missed by many,

July 26, 2011 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Kaycee

Very sad! Think about what was yet to come from very talented Amy. I'm grateful for what she was able to share with us.Thank you Amy, you will not be forgotten.Rest in Peace.

July 26, 2011 at 7:14 pm | Report abuse |
  123. aNne smith

I don't think anyone believes she conquered addiction. Not after seeing that Belgrade performance. But she was a great singer and it is sad she passed away so young.

July 26, 2011 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  124. tom

A talent not yet fully realized

July 26, 2011 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  125. TJ

My prayers goes out to the Winehouse family!!

July 26, 2011 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Jodi

If you hate to speak ill of the dead then maybe you shouldn't do it. You cannot judge a person bases on stories you read or pictures you see. To her family and friends I'm sure she was very special.

July 26, 2011 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  127. Name*Contessa

Do you have a talent that's worth millions? If not.....,

July 26, 2011 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  128. SOUL SISTA

U ARE WAY OUT OF LINE AND I JUST HOPE THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON YOU AT JUDGEMENT DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

July 26, 2011 at 8:10 pm | Report abuse |
  129. danmseattle

Boy, aren't you the compassionate one! You don't have to like her music but to call her a loser when she was someone's daughter, a daughter that a mother and father have lost to a terrible disease, speaks volumes about you. I was not a fan of Jim Morrison or the Doors but that is only my opinion-you call Ms.Winehouse untalented as if you are stating a fact.

July 26, 2011 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  130. John

@soul sista: If you really want us to believe you are as completely nuts as you appear, you need to use just a few more exclamation points to get your point across.

July 26, 2011 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  131. heather

Wow. Ur trash ohyawnzzz. Ur a loser, and will always be a loser. RIP Amy xoxo

July 26, 2011 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  132. howlyn

You are a dummy. Go back to your Abba LP's

July 27, 2011 at 5:42 am | Report abuse |
  133. Che

"ohyawnzzz" wait until it’s your turn to face your MAKER of your evil deeds on this earth which may be soon. As evil as you are does the words "You mourn with those who mourns, sayth the Lord" ring a bell in your evil eyes? You violated what you know to be right. You have NO SOUL! Unlike evil war mongers whose sole aim is to peddle senseless wars on this miserable earth, this woman didn’t hurt a SINGLE soul on this earth or her time on this earth. Not only that, unlike these evil war mongers, Amy was her peaceful TRUE SELF! Shame on you!

July 27, 2011 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  134. BLESSED

MAY GOD HAVE MERCY ON YOU!

July 26, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  135. eriesnow44145

JERK!

July 27, 2011 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  136. No suprise

When I heard a star died I immediately needed to know who....when I found out my reaction was "Um...ok"

July 27, 2011 at 5:33 am | Report abuse |
  137. the punisher

Portal Punk: I have the Grim Reaper on speed dial. You might be next. And it's gonna hurt.

July 27, 2011 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  138. aGWARslave

That's what most of us were thinking, just not all of us want others to know that.

July 27, 2011 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  139. TODAY

except...noone really cares abut your reaction

July 27, 2011 at 9:32 am | Report abuse |